World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

IPB Image

Credit KillingsVSCena for the logo

Date: October 3, 1997

Friday Night Mayhem comes to you from Chattanooga, Tennessee, And this will be a huge episode of Friday night's best wrestling action. Tonight, We will see a huge main event take place for the WWF Championship. It will be the WWF Champion, The greatest WWF Champion of all time, The genetic wonder, Kevin Nash defending the title against Rick Martel. Both these men have faced each other in some great contests, And the issues between Nash and Envy have never really been settled, Tonight, Kevin Nash has to defend the title against Rick Martel, Days after getting choke slammed by Jacobs. Rick Martel heads into In Your House to face Al Snow, But if he walks away with the WWF Championship tonight, Then he will go to In Your House and defend the title against Cactus Jack and Jacobs in a triple threat match up. The question is, Who will walk out of Friday Night Mayhem with the WWF Championship? Is "Big Daddy Cool" in any kind of shape to wrestle against Rick Martel after what happened on Monday night? Will this be the night where Rick Martel walks out as the WWF Champion?

But that's not all, Tonight, We'll see plenty of other great matches take place. We'll have two outstanding matches with the light heavyweight's. First, Taka Michinoku defends the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship against the "X-Treme Degenerate" Sho Funaki. And that match should be a classic. Then, Darnell Porter makes his in ring debut. What can we expect from Darnell Porter? Also, Mr. Perfect will face a former WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, Chavo Guerrero. Mr. Perfect got to watch Ken Shamrock on Monday Night Raw, And tonight, It's Mr. Perfect who will be doing the wrestling. Can Mr. Perfect send a message out to the world's most dangerous man? Or will Chavo Guerrero pull off the big upset against the veteran? We also got six men tag team action, As D'Lo Brown will join forces with Kip Parker and Kareem Arif to face Dynasty and Francis Cloutier. Last week, Cloutier left D'Lo Brown laid out, Will D'Lo get revenge?

Both Ric Flair and Rick Rude are scheduled for tonight's show, And after being made fools of by Shawn Michaels, Neither men are too happy. But they won't be talking about HBK tonight, No, Ric Flair says he's going to address the man who electrocuted Vince McMahon on Monday night, Jacobs! Ric Flair says he will be sending a message out to every WWF Superstar when he punishes Jacobs, What will Flair do?

Also, Shawn Michaels will be interviewed tonight. What does Shawn Michaels have to say after getting the deal of a lifetime on Monday night? We will also hear from the new WWF Intercontinental Champion, Rocky Maivia. What does Rocky Maivia have to say after winning his first title in the WWF? This should be a great episode of Friday Night Mayhem, Make sure to tune into UPN to catch the action!

IPB Image

Channel: UPN

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: October 3, 1997

Attendance: 7,009

Ticket Sales: $280,360

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

One Man Show

Both men in charge of the WWF, Ric Flair and Rick Rude, Make their way to the ring. Coachman and Lawler talk about the events of Monday Night Raw, And how McMahon has survived Jacobs' attack, However, McMahon is in the hospital in serious condition, And it's unlikely that McMahon will ever return to the WWF. Flair and Rude enter the ring, And Flair asks for a microphone. Ric Flair looks very serious here.

Ric Flair- The WWF has been out of control as of late. Things have been insane around here. Now, There's no one to blame, As I've been running things with the Commissioner for the past few weeks, But this has got to stop. First, We got Shawn Michaels running around here, Acting like a mad man. He basically forced us to give him whatever he wanted, So we could give you a match you fans want to see, That being Bret Hart versus Shawn Michaels. And because of that, Shawn Michaels cannot get suspended from the WWF, And I fear that Mr. Michaels will cause alot of trouble in the next few weeks. Now then, What Shawn Michaels has been doing has been out of control, However, What one man did on Monday Night Raw was the most sick act I have ever seen. And the man I'm talking about is you, Jacobs. Jacobs, You crossed the line big time on Monday night! You electrocuted Vince McMahon, For God's sake! He's laid in a hospital somewhere! We're getting threats of lawsuits, And I don't blame the McMahon family! The board of directors wants answers! I am not letting you run around here attacking innocent people! I am gonna suspend you tonight! Hell, I'm gonna suspend your ass for a year! You think you're going to pull another stunt like you did on Monday night? I want you out here right now!

The fans are silent, Rick Rude looks at Flair, Asking Flair if he's sure about this, But Flair just says yeah. The flames shoot off, And it's like hell itself as Jacobs comes walking down to the ring. Jacobs enters the ring, And Rude hides behind Flair, Who doesn't look scared of Jacobs.

Ric Flair- Jacobs, I am glad you came out here. I don't know what the deal is with you, I know Paul Bearer isn't here, But I know you understand me, After what you did on Monday night, You should be fired. No, Arrested, But the McMahon doesn't want to press charges on you for some reason. No, But I'm sure you'll get yours in the future when it concerns the McMahon family. But Jacobs, I am gonna do something about you. Like I said, I am suspending you. It's something Rick Rude and I agreed to, And it's something that you deserve after what you did on Monday night.

Rick Rude- Jacobs stares down both men, Rude looks scared as hell He's the one who's been playing those Undertaker videos! Jacobs, Take him out! He's been messing with you! I don't want to suspend you, He wants too! He wants to make sure you're never WWF Champion! It's all Flair!

Flair looks a bit shocked at Rude's announcement, But he doesn't have time to fight Rude, As he clocks Jacobs with a right hand! Flair is fighting for his survival! Flair connects with chops to Jacobs' chest, But they have no affect on Jacobs, Who quickly grabs Flair by the throat and choke slams Ric Flair! Rick Rude mocks Flair, But Jacobs turns his attention to Rude. Rude grabs the mic and cowers in the corner.

Rick Rude- Please, Don't hurt me. Look, I will put my ass on the line here, And not suspend you. Just don't hurt me. Look, I'll make sure you leave In Your House with the title, How about that? Flair is out, If you hurt him more, He won't show up to mess with you. He can't suspend the champ, Now can he?

Jacobs stares at Rude, But grabs Flair and choke slams Flair one more time! Jacobs lifts Flair up and this time, He powerbombs Flair right through the ring! Oh my God! Ric Flair looks dead! He ain't moving! The announcers are in shock! Jacobs just watches Flair's motionless body.

Rick Rude- Good, Jacobs, Look, I am putting myself on the line here, So don't hurt me. But it's safe to say we won't see Ric Flair in the WWF for quite sometime after this. Jacobs, I promise you, You will leave In Your House as the WWF Champion.

Rick Rude quickly exits the ring, Leaving Jacobs there, Just staring at Flair's body. Jacobs then exits the ring as paramedics and officials come down from the back to check on Ric Flair. Coachman and Lawler say that everyone in the WWF needs to watch out for Jacobs, As he shows no mercy against anyone.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Championship

Taka Michinoku© Vs. Sho Funaki

Even though Funaki debuted his degenerate attitude on Monday Night Raw, The fans weren't really into this match. Both men fought a hard contest here, Which went about eight minutes. Funaki came down to the ring mocking the fans, And told the referee to "lick it up". Taka had things well in hand in the first few minutes of this match up, However, Funaki took control of things after connecting with a midair drop kick to Taka on the outside as Taka attempted a dive to Funaki on the outside. Funaki picked up several close near falls over Taka inside the ring, But the champion would not stay down. Taka fought back, Even spring boarding himself off the ropes onto Funaki on the outside. Taka Michinoku won the match after countering a super kick from Funaki into a small package.

Afterwards, Funaki attacked Taka from behind, Laying him out with a reverse DDT. Funaki grabbed Taka's WWF Light Heavyweight Championship and posed with the gold, Before throwing it down over Taka's body and taunting Taka by doing a crotch chop at the fallen champion.

72, 58, 87 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

He's Got A Point

Friday Night Mayhem comes back from the break with the WWF Champion, Kevin Nash making his way to the ring. The WWF Champion does not appear to be in the best of moods tonight, And Coachman reminds us that Nash got choke slammed by Jacobs this past Monday night. Nash enters the ring and asks for a microphone.

Kevin Nash- It's been a weird couple of days for me. First, Ever since winning this title, All I've been doing is getting my ass beaten down like a dog. Jacobs, You're a big man aren't you? You electrocute a announcer on Monday night, And now, You powerbomb a retired wrestler through the ring. You think you scare me? I know you already left the building, But my ass is pissed off! You've left me laid out for two straight weeks! You know what? I want pay back! This is what I want, I want your ass inside this ring on Monday Night Raw! Yeah, You and I, One on one! You think you're such big s***? Step inside the ring with me and lets see what you got! And Rick Rude, I know you think you're going to live up to word, And that you're going to give Jacobs the WWF Championship, But I got news for you, B****, This title ain't leaving my waist! Tonight, I'm sending a message loud and clear when I kick Rick Martel's ass all over this ring! Nobody is running over me. Jacobs might be unbeatable to some people, But this Monday night, I'm gonna beat his ass all over the ring! Rick Rude, You think he's going to take this belt from around my waist? It's gonna take more than some mute retard to take............

The fans boo as Cactus Jack is shown on the big screen, Cutting off Nash.

Cactus Jack- Hang on, I'm not interrupting you to be rude, But Kevin Nash, I am interrupting you because I too am pissed off over Rick Rude's promise to Jacobs. See, Now it seems that not only will you not walk out of In Your House with the WWF Championship, But neither will I. And lets face it, I want to walk out of In Your House as the WWF Champion very badly. Now, We could go every man for himself, Fight to the death, And I know you think you can take on Jacobs, But lets be realistic, Neither one of us can take on that man by ourselves. And if we play it that way, Not only is the title going around his waist at the end of the night, But we'll both leave In Your House bloodied, battered, And bruised. I know you don't trust me, And I don't trust you either, But think about it, Jacobs has the advantage. He's a monster. He's got Rick Rude on his side, We should be teaming up to take that piece of trash out! I know you don't like the idea, But Jacobs already has the big advantage, Why shouldn't we insure one of us leaves In Your House with the title? They say Jacobs can't be beaten, But do you think he can fight off the two of us? I don't think so. And on Monday Night Raw, If you get your match with Jacobs, I have your back. I just want you to know that.

Jack's image fades from the screen. Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with the announcers wondering if Nash will take Jack up on his offer, Nash definitely looks like he's considering it.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

D'Lo Brown, Kareem Arif and Kip Parker W/Sable Vs. Dynasty and Francis Cloutier

D'Lo Brown didn't even wait for his partners to come down to the ring, And ran to the ring to get a piece of Cloutier. D'Lo fought off Dynasty, But when he got his hands on Cloutier, Dynasty jumped him. Luckily, D'Lo's partners ran down to the ring to help out D'Lo. The heels got thrown outside the ring early on, And it looked like D'Lo and friends would have a easy time here, However, Dynasty and Cloutier took control of things after Hollywood Holly rammed Parker into the steel post. Dynasty and Cloutier triple teamed Parker behind and in front of the referee, Though, Monty Davidson looked like he could have cared less over the actions of the heel team. Kip Parker would fight back, And made the hot tag to D'Lo Brown. All six men got into it, With D'Lo and Cloutier being left as the legal men in the ring. D'Lo Brown attempted to Sky High Cloutier, But Cloutier countered and planted D'Lo with a big DDT. Cloutier then pulled D'Lo up and attempted a powerbomb, But D'Lo countered into a pinning predicament for the win.

D'Lo Brown, Kareem Arif, Kip Parker and Sable headed to the back while Dynasty and Cloutier argued with the referee.

73, 72, 75 **

Interview with Mr. Perfect

In the interview area, Marissa Mazzola is standing by with Mr. Perfect.

Marissa Mazzola- Mr. Perfect, You're going to be stepping inside the ring with Chavo Guerrero tonight. But at In Your House "Fury", You'll be facing the world's most dangerous man, Ken Shamrock in singles action. It seems like Ken Shamrock has the odds on favorite for this match, As alot of people don't think you can go up against the world's most dangerous man, Your thoughts on tonight's match and your match with Ken Shamrock?

Mr. Perfect- Wait a minute, People think that moron is gonna beat me? They think Ken Shamrock is gonna beat Mr. Perfect? Is that what they think? Why would they think that? Why? Because Ken Shamrock is the world's most dangerous man? You think he's dangerous? He's nothing more than a moron! Ken Shamrock, Yeah, You might be considered tough to some of these jagboots, But lets face the facts, You're not in my league. Hell, Nobody is! That's why they call me Mr. Perfect! You think I'm afraid of you? I'm gonna make a fool out of you at In Your House. Look at me, And then take a look at you. I got the body, The brain and the talent. What do you have? At In Your House, Everyone is expecting me getting my butt kicked, But what will they say when I perfectplex Ken Shamrock and pin him one, two, three? And Chavo Guerrero, Kid, You're in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tonight, You're nothing more than a warm up, And that's all there is to it!

Marissa Mazzola- Mr. Perfect is confident in his skills for tonight's match up and for In Your House "Fury". Will he be able to back it up? Fans, Don't go away, Mr. Perfect takes on Chavo Guerrero up next!

Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with the announcers hyping Chavo Guerrero versus Mr. Perfect, Up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Mr. Perfect Vs. Chavo Guerrero

This was a great match up, And Chavo Guerrero is definitely coming along as something more than a light heavyweight division star. Mr. Perfect started off out wrestling and taunting Chavo, Thinking this was going to be a easy match, However, Mr. Perfect got shocked when Chavo opened up on him with right hands, And started out wrestling the perfect one. Chavo Guerrero took Perfect out to the floor with a drop kick, Which caused Perfect to re think things on the outside. It took awhile for Perfect to come back into the ring, And he almost got himself counted out, However, He came back inside and took control of things after Chavo charged into the steel post. Perfect wore down Chavo with submission holds, Even applying a weak ankle lock to Chavo. Perfect kept taunting Chavo, Smacking Chavo around, Causing Chavo to fight back. Chavo Guerrero picked up two extremely hot near falls over Perfect, First, He planted Perfect with a big tornado DDT, And then, He used Perfect's own Perfectplex on Perfect for another two count. Chavo Guerrero connected with a brain buster to Perfect and went up top. Chavo went for the Frog Splash, But Perfect moved out of the way at the last possible second. Perfect then Perfectplexed Chavo and got the win.

Mr. Perfect celebrated his win, Posing on the ropes to boos from the crowd. Perfect's expression then changed when he saw Ken Shamrock watching him from the top of the stage. Shamrock did some mean looks before walking to the back.

80, 78, 82 ***

Knocked The F*** Out!

Backstage, We see D'Lo Brown walking in the back. However, D'Lo is jumped by Francis Cloutier! Cloutier hits D'Lo with a few blows, But D'Lo is fighting back! Francis Cloutier knees D'Lo in the stomach and runs away! D'Lo chases Cloutier! As D'Lo comes around a corner, He gets a big boot to the face! D'Lo is out cold! The camera then shows Francis Cloutier with a big blond man. Cloutier smiles and starts stomping away on D'Lo. The big hoss pulls D'Lo up and tosses D'Lo right into a wall with ease! Cloutier says for the man do send a bigger message out to D'Lo. The man grabs D'Lo and chucks D'Lo right through a window! Cloutier laughs and looks down at D'Lo's body.

Francis Cloutier- D'Lo, I always have back up when I need it. You think your little win was something big? This is something big! Good luck at In Your House, Because I'll have this monster backing me up!

Cloutier pats the big man over the back and they walk away, D'Lo is left out cold with glass all over his body.

Andrew Martin debuted his new gimmick, (Bad Ass) it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"Mr. Show Time" Darnell Porter Vs. Alan Funk

Very weak debut for Darnell Porter here, As he's not really over, Even though he had weeks hyping his debut, And since the WWF didn't want to make any of their stars look bad, They brought out the unknown Alan Funk for this match. The match was nothing bad, But the crowd's lack of interest just hurt the match. Porter came down to the ring wearing a very expensive robe and a pair of very exotic looking tights with various colors. The match started off with Porter being in control, Taking Funk down with a few holds and drop kicking Funk out to the floor. Porter controlled things for most of the match, Until Funk caught him with a knee lift. Funk connected with three clotheslines and back suplexed Porter down, Gaining a close near fall with a flying elbow drop. However, Funk ended up walking right into a big powerslam from Porter. Porter then connected with a devastating maneuver called the Play Of The Day for the win.

Afterwards, Porter made the referee raise his hand three times before he taunted the fallen Funk. Porter looked at the camera and told everyone that "Mr. Show Time" was here, And he was taking the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship.

56, 39, 74 *1/4

Darnell Porter debuted his new gimmick, (ravishing) it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

He's Back, And He Wants What's His

"Envy" brings out the new WWF Intercontinental Champion, Rocky Maivia, Decked out in a suit and expensive sunglasses. Maivia walks down the entrance way to some big heat from the fans. Maivia slowly walks down the entrance way and enters the ring, Holding the WWF Intercontinental Championship over his shoulder. Maivia poses for awhile before asking for the microphone.

Rocky Maivia- Last Monday night was the greatest night in the history of the WWF. I, Rocky Maivia, Walked out of Monday Night Raw as the brand new WWF Intercontinental Champion. And by default, I became the greatest WWF Intercontinental Champion in history. No, I became the third greatest, As Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel are above me. But either way, I am already a better champion than everyone else in the back. Marty Jannetty, You big piece of trash, Did you think this pebble was some jagoff you were just gonna have your way with? Did you think you actually beat the first third generation superstar in WWF history? You went down faster than a woman from Chattanooga, Tennessee! I am the new WWF Intercontinental Champion, And nobody can do anything about it! I am great! I am the man who has pinned the current WWF Champion, Kevin Nash back to back, Hell, If Mr. Martel doesn't win the title tonight, Then Kevin Nash, I want my shot! But you know, As the WWF Intercontinental Champion, I already feel I made this title the most important title in the WWF. I mean, Look at some of the past WWF Intercontinental Champions. Mr. Perfect, Rick Martel, Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon, Owen Hart, Bret Hart, And so many others, And the WWF Championship? Come on, That title isn't nothing special, I don't know why that's the main attraction around here! But on Monday night, I vowed to Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel that I would make this title important again. And I will! That's why I'm laying down the challenge to anyone in the back for In Your House "Fury". Who's it gonna be? One of The Godwinns? One of the light heavyweight's? Maybe Marty Jannetty? How about Scorpio? I'd love to be a double champion. Really, It doesn't matter who faces me, I know...............

Rocky Maivia is cut off by the music of Sean Waltman! The fans are on their feet as the energetic Sean Waltman comes down from the back. Waltman enters the ring quickly and takes a microphone. The fans cheer for Waltman, But Maivia doesn't seem impressed.

Sean Waltman- What's up Chattanooga, Tennessee? Yeah! Sean Waltman is back! And Rocky, Did I hear you correctly? You're laying down a challenge for anybody? Well, SInce I was the number one contender for that title before Jacobs took me out, Sign me up! I want your ass at In Your House!

Rocky Maivia- Whoa, You want me? You? Sean Waltman? All eighty pounds of you? Hell, I didn't think you were that stupid, But you're on! You think you're a threat to my title? You're nobody! Hell, You need to go see the wizard and ask for a backbone, As you're nothing without your pal Razor backing your scrawny ass up, Chico!

Sean Waltman- I need a backbone? You need to get your damn lips off of Mr. Perfect's and Rick Martel's asses! You think you're gonna have a easy time with me? Hell no! Let me tell you something, I'm gonna beat your ass at In Your House and take that title off of your waist! Hey, If I was you, I'd keep that mouth of yours shut. You think I need help from my buddy to beat you? I got news for you, Scott Hall is in Miami recovering from a injury, But he told me what when I returned to the WWF, He'd love to see me shut those Envy sons of bitches up! And on October 19th, When I take your WWF Intercontinental Championship, I'm gonna shut that mouth of yours for good!

Rocky Maivia- Scott Hall told you to shut me up? Sean Waltman, Yeah, You got these morons all over you, They love you! But you know what? It doesn't matter if these people love you, Because deep down, They love me more! They just wanna be cool by chanting "Rocky sucks"!

Sean Waltman- You think they're booing you cause they wanna be cool? They're booing you because you suck pal! the fans start a big "Rocky sucks" chant You'll never hear these people chant "Waltman sucks". No, They like cheering "Rocky sucks"! You know why? Cause you suck!

Waltman nails Maivia in the head with the microphone! We got both men trading blows! Maivia tries to clothesline Waltman, But Waltman drills him with a side kick! Maivia gets up and Waltman hits him with a spinning kick, Knocking Maivia to the outside! Waltman grabs the WWF Intercontinental Championship and poses with the gold. Maivia yells at Waltman, Who chucks the belt out to Maivia. Waltman celebrates in the ring while Maivia heads to the back, Vowing revenge on Sean Waltman.

Interview with Shawn Michaels

We cut backstage where we see Shawn Michaels standing by. Michaels gets a mixed reaction from the crowd here. The announcers note a change in Michaels' look, As he's wearing all black.

Shawn Michaels- I'm here to address rumors. Yeah, There's been certain rumors going around about HBK. Now, Some of the guys in the WWF think I have a ego problem, That I'm out of control. Why would they think that? Because I said I was too good for the WWF on Monday night? Well, I'm speaking the truth. Face it, This company would not be what it is today if it wasn't for me. Why are people pissed about that? Who carried this company on his shoulders last year? Who was the champ? Who did all the charity work, Public spotlights twenty four seven? I can't help it if they're all jealous of me. No, Not everyone is jealous of me, My good friend, Kevin Nash isn't angry over my comments, But why don't people understand? See, When you're me, The best talent in the world today, You gotta have a ego, And that's all it is. I'm not the only one with a ego around here. So, Anyone who has a problem with me, You think I care? I'm here to basically say, What are you gonna do about it? I can do whatever I want around here, And I can't get suspended. I am untouchable. And guess what? I got a title shot, And I plan on using that bad boy very, very soon. And when I become WWF Champion again, Who's gonna beat me? I've beaten everyone there is to beat in the WWF. Now, I know some fans don't like my so called "attitude", But after all I've done for you people, Shouldn't you be grateful that I go out there each and every night and give you the greatest show in the world? Who comes close to having the talent of Shawn Michaels? I got my loyal fans, The Kliq, But to some of you who boo me, Only a small crowd, Be grateful that the WWF has a Shawn Michaels. No, The WWF should be grateful for me. And at In Your House "Fury", Me and Bret "The Hitman" Hart, No holds barred, It's gonna be the greatest show ever, Why? Because when you're Shawn Michaels, You go out there and steal the show.

We go to a break with Shawn Michaels smiling.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Ron Killings flies off the top with the 450 Splash. (Monday Night Raw 9/21/97)

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Kevin Nash© Vs. Rick Martel

The fans were on fire for this WWF Championship match. Through out the match, Cactus Jack was shown watching. Kevin Nash was on fire in the beginning of the match, Knocking Martel off of his feet with several right hands and clotheslines. Nash tossed Martel all over the ring, And threw Martel out to the floor. On the outside, Nash sent Martel into the steel post, But made a big mistake, As he charged at Martel, Only for Martel to duck, Causing Nash to hit the post face first. Rick Martel was able to hit Nash with a steel chair behind the referee's back, Doing damage to the back of the WWF Champion. Inside the ring, Rick Martel got several close calls over the genetic wonder. Martel worked over Nash's back and his legs, Trying to wear Nash down for the Quebec Crab. Martel tried to apply the Quebec Crab to Nash quite a few times, But couldn't lock it in, When he did, It seemed like Nash was going to tap out, But Nash somehow made it to the ropes. Nash made the comeback after catching Martel with a sidewalk slam. Nash connected with his trademark maneuvers, And drilled Martel with a big boot soon after that. Nash called for the Jackknife. Nash pulled Martel up and tried to Jackknife Martel, But Martel countered and DDT'ed Nash. Martel pulled Nash up and tried to piledrive Nash, But Nash countered and back dropped Martel. Nash followed up by planting Martel with a big time Jackknife Powerbomb, Which got him the one, two, three.

Kevin Nash celebrated his big victory while Cactus Jack watched from the back, With a big smile on his face. Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with the announcers wondering if Nash and Jack will form an alliance.

86, 93, 70 **1/4

Overall Rating- 76

TV Rating- 6.41

Notes

"Rocky Maivia would be a great opponent for me, how about putting us together in some matches?" -Goldust

"Kama Mustafa would be a great opponent for me, how about putting us together in some matches?" -Vader

News

- Bart Gunn and Billy Gunn have been sent to USWA.

Edited by Baby Hewey

Nash, Jack and Jacobs looks like a pretty interesting fued and the match could actually produce a decent EWR rating as well.

Funaki kind of bores me, even with his DX gimmick. Taka is less interesting still, but neither blows me away.

Francis vs. D'Lo has been a solid affair all the way threw, and I love including Andrew Martin with him. Not only are they best allies from Canadian Revolution, but Martin just seemed like he would make a good bodyguard type (Although I was hoping he would be used when I was brought up :shifty:)

Speaking of guys being brought up, Darnell Porter's debut seems like a complete flop. Not to bash Alan Funk, but the match rating after all of those promo's and all the time in development makes me wonder how good Porter could be.

Perfect and Shamrock should be an interesting feud, if only for both men's contrasting styles. It seems Shamrock's previous mega push has died down a little though.

Waltman and Rocky seems a bit thrown together, but it could be an ok match. Rocky is starting to grow on me a little, but Waltman could definitly use some work, or simply talk less. Still, I was amused by the "They will never chant Waltman Sucks" part.

HBK's promo was good as well, and his new edge is a welcome change from before.

It was a good show, and it's nice to see Billy and Bart moved back down. Perhaps you can reunite them as it seems neither side if going to get over as a singles wrestler. Although to be fair, Bart didn't get nearly as many oppurtunities as Billy.

Thanks for the comments Hajjhowe. Actually, Martin was suppose to be Howe's bodyguard, But Howe seems a long way from finishing up in USWA, And since Cloutier has alot of charisma, I figured I could get Martin over by pairing him with Cloutier.

IPB Image

Credit Kempay for the logo

Channel: USA Network

Time Slot: Late Evening

Date: October 4, 1997

Attendance: 7,005

Ticket Sales: $280,200

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

The Island Boys Vs. Jesus Castillo and Jose Estrada Jr.

The Island Boys are making their debut here, And both men carried surfboards to the ring. The crowd wasn't into this match much, Except for some of the Island Boys antics. This was a squash, As The Island Boys destroyed the two Puerto Rican superstars. Island Boys walked away with their first win in the WWF after connecting with a samoan drop/neck breaker combo to Jesus, Which the announcers called the "Hang Ten". Afterwards, The Island Boys posed with their boards.

63, 50, 76 *3/4

Ekmo debuted his new gimmick, (Dude) it got a positive response.

Kimo debuted his new gimmick, (Dude) it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

John Bradshaw Vs. Jesse James

The monthly push of John Bradshaw appears to be back on. Both men had a solid contest here, With Jesse James cheating through out the match, As he couldn't match Bradshaw in the power department. James had some close near falls over the big texan, But Bradshaw fought back. Bradshaw made the comeback, Catching James with a big fallaway slam. Bradshaw hit James with a few clotheslines and shoulder tackles, And walked out of RAW Saturday Night with the win after powerbombing James out of the corner.

75, 76, 75 **1/4

Jesse James lost overness from this match.

John Bradshaw gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Steve Blackman Vs. Chris Chetti

Blackman was suppose to be Cloutier's ally, However, The creative team thought that due to his lack of charisma, Blackman would end up dragging down Cloutier. This was a good back and fourth match, But the fans didn't really care for it. The announcers didn't mention the fact that Blackman used to be in the WWF last year, As a member of the corporation, And just said Blackman was a silent assassin. Blackman picks up the win with a pump kick. Afterwards, Blackman posed with glow in the dark sticks.

60, 51, 70 *

Steve Blackman debuted his new gimmick, (Martial Arts) it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Chris Benoit

There's a rare list of people who can carry Ahmed Johnson to something watchable, And Chris Benoit joined the list in this match up. Mark Henry was shown watching this one from the back. Johnson started off dominating one half of the WWF Tag Team Champions, Running Benoit down with clotheslines and right hands. However, Benoit was able to connect with a German suplex out of nowhere to take control of the match. Benoit worked over Johnson with submission holds, Almost making Johnson tap out to a figure four. Johnson wouldn't stay down, As he somehow kicked out of Benoit's flying headbutt. Johnson made the comeback, Running over Benoit with shoulder tackles and clotheslines, Before spearing Benoit down and finishing Benoit off with the Pearl River Plunge.

76, 77, 75 **1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Memphis Royalty Vs. The Godwinns

Nothing special here. This marked both Lawler's return to the ring after getting suspended last month. The tag team division really needs some work, As these two teams have already fought like five times over the last month. Memphis Royalty cheated through out the match up, And isolated Henry Godwinn for quite sometime. Henry ended up taking both men down with forearms and tagged in Phineous, Who entered the ring and cleaned house. Phineous and Henry seemed to have things well in hand, But in the end, Brian Christopher rolled up Phineous with a hand full of tights to score the win.

67, 65, 69 *1/4

Brian Christopher debuted his new gimmick, (Old School Heel) it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Kevin Nash's Jackknife Powerbomb gets him the big win. (Friday Night Mayhem 10/3/97)

Al Snow Vs. Brian Pillman

Great contest here. The WWF seems to be pushing Al Snow as a wrestler, No gimmick or nothing, As the announcers kept hyping him up as a "war machine". (ECW will probably be pissed over that) Al Snow started off dominating Pillman, Wrestling Pillman down to the canvas several times, And working over Pillman with a few submission holds. But Pillman took control of things after catching Snow with a drop kick, Which sent Snow out to the floor. Pillman followed up with a dive to Snow on the outside. Pillman worked over Snow inside the ring, Getting several near falls over the former WWF Intercontinental Champion. Pillman tried to go for the Cobra Clutch Sleeper quite a number of times, But Snow countered. Snow made the comeback, Catching Pillman with about six suplexes, One after the other. Snow then dropped Pillman down with the Snow Plow for the win. RAW Saturday Night went off the air with Al Snow celebrating his big win.

82, 83, 83 ***1\4

Overall Rating- 62

TV Rating- 2.90

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.94

Attendance- 4,025

Ticket Sales- $161,000

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.94

Attendance- 4,523

Ticket Sales- $180,920

Notes

"Ekmo and Kimo blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Jesus Castillo

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Jose Estrada Jr.

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Chris Chetti

"Chris Benoit and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Kama Mustafa? I think our styles would really work well together." -Ahmed Johnson

"I'd like to request a match or two with Ken Shamrock. I'm pretty sure we could do some good work together." -Bret Hart

"Our ratings battle with Hardcore TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

Edited by Baby Hewey

Didn't the Island Boyz already debut? I could have sworn I saw them like a year or so ago.

Good to see Snow is apparently getting a push, and the tag champions should just drop the straps and move on. Pillman and Benoit are solid singles competitors and Pillman could get by with his gmiick, while Benoit might need a manager.

Also I think Martin makes a better fit for Cloutier. His guard needed to be a lot bigger than him so he looks like more of a coward.

Yeah, The Island Boys debuted last year, But were sent back to USWa early in the year. I should have mentioned that they made their return, But they were never a big deal, So I just said they were making their debut.

IPB Image

Date: October 6, 1997

Monday Night Raw comes to you live two weeks before In Your House "Fury". And at In Your House "Fury", We'll see many great battles take place, One of them will be a triple threat match for the WWF Championship. It'll be Kevin Nash, The greatest WWF Champion of all time, Defending the title against Cactus Jack and Jacobs in a triple threat match up. Tonight, We'll see one of the men involved in the triple threat match in action. Jacobs will be in action tonight, When he faces the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels. It was suppose to be Jacobs facing Kevin Nash in tonight's main event, But the match was changed just hours before Monday Night Raw. This should be a great main event, And you have to wonder what will happen when Shawn Michaels and Jacobs meet for the first time ever. Shawn Michaels heads into In Your House "Fury" to battle Bret "The Hitman" Hart in a no holds barred match, But will he make it to that match when he faces Jacobs? Jacobs is responsible for taking out men like Scott Hall, Vince McMahon, Sean Waltman and The Undertaker. Will Shawn Michaels be another victim of the silent monster? Or will Shawn Michaels' new found attitude insure him the win tonight? Will Bret "The Hitman" Hart be watching this match? This promises to be a classic main event.

Rick Martel has pretty much done it all since returning to the WWF. He's made it to the finals of the King Of The Ring tournament, He's won the WWF Tag Team and Intercontinental Championship, And he's main evented several pay per view events. One thing Martel hasn't done yet is win the WWF European Championship. Tonight, Rick Martel will challenge Scorpio for the WWF European Championship. Will Rick Martel add another title to his list of accomplishments? Or will Scorpio be able to defeat the Envy member? Will Martel's In Your House opponent, "The Destruction Machine" Al Snow be watching?

Last week, Francis Cloutier debuted his new friend, The seven foot tall monster, Andrew Martin. Martin destroyed D'Lo Brown on Friday Night Mayhem, And now, With Cloutier by his side, Martin seems like he's unbeatable. However, We'll see Andrew Martin make his official in ring debut tonight when he faces Kip Parker. Will Andrew Martin make an impact in his first match with the WWF? Or will Kip Parker continue his amazing success? Also, Last week, Nasty Mike shocked the world when he became a fan favorite by attacking Johnny Swinger after their match, Tonight, Nasty Mike will face Johnny Swinger, And this promises to be a excellent high flying affair.

Monday Night Raw will also see six men tag team action. Sean Waltman and The Suicide Blonds will team up to face the WWF Tag Team and Intercontinental Champions, Brian Pillman, Chris Benoit and Rocky Maivia. Sean Waltman returned to the WWF this past Friday night and laid down the challenge for Maivia's WWF Intercontinental Championship, And then beat down the champ. While The Suicide Blonds and the WWF Tag Team Champions have been feuding for months now, And will face in a two out of three falls tag team match at In Your House. Tonight, Which six men tandem will walk away with the win?

Also, Disco Inferno will have Mr. Perfect on the Disco's Lounge. What will Mr. Perfect have to say about his match with Ken Shamrock at In Your House "Fury"? We'll also have two very special interviews with Goldust and Hunter Hearst Helmsley. What will both men have to say concerning their match? Will we finally hear from Goldust after being turned on by Helmsley? This promises to be a great episode of Monday Night Raw, Catch all the action live on the USA Network!

IPB Image

Date: October 6, 1997

Attendance: 7,011

Ticket Sales: $280,440

Announcers: Jim Ross and Dok Hendrix

Monday Night Raw comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jim Ross and Dok Hendrix are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

What Will It Take?

The current WWF Champion, The genetic wonder, Kevin Nash walks down to the ring to a huge ovation from this sold out crowd. Kevin Nash enters the ring and poses as his pyro goes off. Kevin Nash asks for a microphone as this huge crowd chant his name.

Kevin Nash- Just when I think Rick Rude can't be a bigger jackass, He goes and f***** around with me. See, I was suppose to be fighting Jacobs tonight in the main event. I challenged Jacobs on Friday night. But Rick Rude knew I was going to do some damage to his boy, So he put Jacobs in there with my good friend, Shawn Michaels. Now, Shawn Michaels, In my opinion, Is one of the best in the business today. I know HBK can kick Jacobs' ass tonight, But I wanted Jacobs in the ring. I owe Jacobs two Jackknife powerbombs. He's choke slammed me twice now, And I want pay back! Jacobs, I know you're here. And before HBK kicks your teeth down your throat, I want some of you big boy! Come on! These fans wanna see the giants collide! They wanna see Jacobs fight the genetic wonder! And they wanna see me Jackknife your big ass straight back down to hell! I.........

Kevin Nash is interrupted by the music of Cactus Jack. This crowd isn't happy that Jack interrupted the genetic wonder, And lets him know by booing the hell out of one of Nash's opponent for In Your House. Jack enters the ring, But he tells Nash he's not here to fight. Jack asks for a microphone.

Cactus Jack- Calm down, Calm down, I am not out here to fight you. I will save that for In Your House. Kevin Nash, What the hell are you doing? I told you, We should be teaming up to fight Jacobs. You want him tonight? What if I wasn't here? You know what would have happened? He would have killed you! He is a dangerous man! He will destroy you. Are you stupid? Haven't you seen what he's done?

Kevin Nash- Hey, Don't talk to me like I'm some moron, Yeah, I've seen what he's done, But I can do alot worse.

Cactus Jack- No, You can't. Kevin Nash, You have done some things in your time, But have you ever electrocuted a defenseless man like Vince McMahon? Have you taken out men like The Undertaker? I know all about The Undertaker, I've fought him, And Kevin Nash, I've been beaten by him, And let me tell you something, What Jacobs did, Killing The Undertaker, Isn't something a human does. Jacobs has also put Scott Hall and Sean Waltman on the shelf. He truly is amazing. I can't get inside his head. I mean, I got into Shawn Michaels' head, Nash gives Jack a mean look Yeah, You two are friends, But face it, He's never been the same since I got inside his head. And I just can't get inside Jacobs' head. He has nothing there. No reason, No conscience, No understanding. He's pure evil. And Kevin Nash, A man like that is someone you don't want to f*** around with. If you fight him by yourself, You will suffer the fate of some many others. But if you and I team up to take him out, We can fight for your title.

Kevin Nash- Why should I listen to you? How do I know you haven't already gotten into his head and you're trying to take me out? See, You're good at that. You're good at messing around with people's minds. But I got a easier solution, How about I just take you out and deal with Jacobs myself?

Cactus Jack- Hey, If you wanna fight me right here, Right now, We'll do it. But I am telling you, Jacobs is the man we need to focus on.

Cactus Jack and Kevin Nash stare each other down. Nash holds the WWF Championship up, With Jack staring at the gold. Both men look like they could come to blow at any moment, But they are interrupted by the pyro going off. Jacobs' music then plays and out comes the monster. Both Jack and Nash turn their attention to Jacobs, Who slowly walks down the ramp way. Jacobs gets up on the apron and enters the ring. Both Jack and Nash look at each other one last time, And Jack jumps Jacobs! Jack hits Jacobs with everything he's got, But he can't take the big man off his feet. Jacobs uppercuts Jack and tosses Jack into the corner with one arm! Nash hits Jacobs from behind with the WWF Championship! Nash and Jack start both nailing Jacobs with right hands. Nash holds back Jacobs while Jack nails Jacobs with right hands. Jack takes the WWF Championship and hits Jacobs in the face, Knocking him down. Nash and Jack look at each other, But Jacobs sits up! Nash decides it's his turn, And connects with right hands and forearm shots to Jacobs. Nash knees Jacobs and then whips Jacobs into Jack, Who again nails Jacobs with the title, Nash follow up by running over Jacobs with a big boot, But Jacobs sits up. Nash and Jack charge Jacobs, Hitting him with heavy blows! Jack exits the ring and grabs a steel chair. Jack enters the ring with the chair and drills Jacobs with a shot to the back, But Jacobs doesn't feel anything! Jack hits Jacobs in the midsection and Nash Jackknifes Jacobs! Jacobs is down! Jack smiles while Nash just looks at Jacobs' body. After a few seconds, Jacobs sits up! Jacobs stares down both Nash and Jack, But before the fight can continue, Security run down to the ring. They're arresting Nash and Jack. They're saying they got orders from Rick Rude to throw them out of the building! Nash and Jack are taken to the back as we go to a commercial break with the announcers wondering if Jacobs will be this dominant in tonight's main event.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Andrew Martin W/Francis Cloutier Vs. Kip Parker W/Sable

Good debut for Andrew Martin, Who looks to have picked up quite a bit from his time in USWA. Francis Cloutier joined the announcers for commentary, And mentioned he had a past with Martin, And how Martin trusts Cloutier due to Cloutier taking care of one of Martin's "problems". Parker started off hot, Connecting with right hands to Martin and about three drop kicks, Which took Martin down. However, Parker tried going for a cross body block, Which ended up with Martin catching him and slamming him down to the canvas. Martin over powered Parker through out the match up here, Looking very impressive. Parker was able to fight back after ducking a big boot from Martin, And connected with a big DDT for a hot near fall. Kip Parker slammed Martin down and as Martin got up, Parker went for the Strutter, Only for Martin to counter by sending Parker into the ropes and running over him with a big boot, Which got Martin the win.

Francis Cloutier entered the ring and celebrated with Martin. Their celebration quickly ended when D'Lo Brown jumped out of the crowd and hit both men with a steel chair from behind! D'Lo tossed Cloutier to the floor and started doing a number on Martin, But officials came down from the back and pulled D'Lo off of Martin.

65, 71, 76 **1/4

Interview with Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Clips are shown from last Monday night and how Hunter Hearst Helmsley cost Goldust his match with Mark Henry. After the clips end, We're taken to the WWF studios, And we see Hunter Hearst Helmsley standing by. Behind him is a background graphic hyping his no disqualification match with Goldust at In Your House "Fury".

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Fury, That's what the next pay per view is called. And you know, Everyone is saying that I will have to face Goldust's fury at Fury. Everyone is talking about how I got no chance in hell of beating Goldust at In Your House. They're saying Goldust is going to beat me down like a dog. Just like he did at In Your House last month. Lets be clear about that, The only reason Goldust got an ounce of offense in on me was due to me not expecting Goldust to show up and fight me. I now know what to expect at In Your House "Fury". What I got at "Almost Human" was the best Goldust had. You think he's got more fight in him than that? Everyone is thinking he's going to beat my ass down, That he's going to make me bleed, They think the no disqualification stipulation means something. It doesn't mean jack. When I get that freak inside the ring, I'm going to show him how violent I can be. What is Goldust going to do that's so bad? I've seen the worse he's got, Now, He's going to see what I have in store for him. Goldust, Face it, You got nothing on me. I played you like a fool. And when I got tired of you, I threw you out like a piece of trash. What are you going to do about it? Come In Your House, I'm going to finish this "Helmsleydust" saga once and for all. Goldust, Next Sunday night, I'm going to destroy you. Plain and simple, Goldust will be no more after In Your House. I am not afraid of you. I am not afraid of what you plan on doing to me, And you know why? Because there's nothing to be afraid of.

Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with the announcers hyping up what a brutal match Helmsley versus Goldust should be.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Making It Even

William Regal makes his way down to the ring as we return from the commercial break. Regal enters the ring and asks for a microphone. The announcers are wondering why Regal is out here as the fans chant "USA" at Regal.

William Regal- In just thirteen days, My client, The world's strongest man, Mark Henry is going to step inside the ring with Ahmed Johnson. And when Mark Henry gets Ahmed Johnson inside the ring, He's gonna eat up Ahmed Johnson and destroy Ahmed Johnson like the piece of trash he is. Ahmed Johnson, You were so very stupid to put your title shot on the line. As now, Mark Henry is going to beat you and take the one thing you had going for you. And after Mark Henry makes a bloody fool out of you, What will you have? Mark Henry will be the official number one contender for the WWF Championship. Ahmed Johnson, Mark Henry is simply too much of a beast for you. Remember when he laid you out and splashed down all three hundred fifty pounds of his across your ribs? See, What you seem to forget is, Mark Henry is simply............

Ahmed Johnson's music hits, Cutting off Regal. Ahmed Johnson walks down to the ring to a big ovation from this crowd. Johnson enters the ring and Regal does not look too pleased.

William Regal- What do you want? Can't you see I'm doing a bloody interview? You can't come barging in here like a big moose!

Ahmed Johnson- Man, Shut the hell up before I throw down on yo ass! Now, I know yo boy Mark Henry ain't here tonight, Is that right?

William Regal- Yes, But..........

Ahmed Johnson- But nothing, I been hearing what you been saying. You say Mark Henry gonna defeat me and take my title shot? Hell no! That fat ass is gonna get the biggest throw down of his life! I tell you something else, Mark Henry gonna be my b**** next Sunday night! I'm the people's champion, The people have spoken, And they want me as their WWF Championship! And lemme tell you something, I am getting a little tired of you meddling all up in my business. So, I figure since fat Albert ain't here, How about I just kick yo rotten teeth down yo throat?

Ahmed Johnson has Regal by the throat! Wait a minute! Mark Henry is running down to the ring! Ahmed Johnson has not seen him! Henry charges into the ring, Looking to clothesline Johnson, But Johnson sees it and shoves Regal onto Henry! Henry slowly gets up and Ahmed Johnson runs him over with a spear! Johnson goes outside the ring and brings in a steel chair. Henry slowly stands up and Johnson drills him with a shot right to the head! Johnson connects with another one, Sending the world's strongest man out to the floor. Regal is left alone with Johnson! Regal stands up and Johnson spears Regal! Ahmed Johnson pulls Regal up and pearl river plunges Regal! Johnson pulls Regal's lifeless body up and tosses Regal to the outside. Johnson goes outside and removes the top of the steel steps, Chucking them out. Johnson then moves the bottom part near the announce position. Johnson grabs Regal and gets up on the steel steps. Ahmed Johnson powerbombs Regal off the steps right through the announce table! Regal is dead! He's not moving! The fans are going crazy! Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with Ahmed Johnson standing tall while Regal is left out cold.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sean Waltman and The Suicide Blonds Vs. Brian Pillman, Chris Benoit and Rocky Maivia

The fans were hot for this one though. Rocky Maivia was as over confident as ever during this one, As he kept mocking Sean Waltman through out the match, Mocking Waltman's taunts and calling Waltman names. However, Anytime Waltman came in the ring and Maivia was the legal man, He'd run and tag in either Pillman or Benoit. The heels were able to isolate Christian Cage and worked over him for awhile. Benoit and Pillman did a number on Cage, Using plenty of suplexes on Cage, Trying to make sure there was very little left of Cage before In Your House. Waltman and Copeland got the fans behind Cage, Who was able to make the hot tag to Waltman. Waltman entered the ring and cleaned house, Soon, All six men were battling. The Suicide Blonds battled Benoit and Pillman out on the floor, Leaving Maivia with Waltman. Maivia connected with a big samoan drop to Waltman and called for the end. Maivia measured Waltman for the TGS while Waltman slowly staggered up to his feet. Maivia went for the TGS, But Waltman countered into a backslide and got the three!

Waltman and The Suicide Blonds headed to the back, Each vowing to the champions that they'd take their titles. Maivia looked shocked over his loss and argued with the referee. Jim Ross wondered if Rocky Maivia would be able to defeat Sean Waltman come In Your House, And if not, Then Waltman would leave In Your House as the new WWF Intercontinental Champion.

74, 81, 85 ***1\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation European Championship

Scorpio© Vs. Rick Martel

The story here was that Martel has accomplished almost everything there is to accomplish in the WWF. And that Martel felt that he wanted to win the WWF European Championship before he became the WWF Champion. Martel took Scorpio lightly in the beginning of the match, Mocking Scorpio as he out wrestled Scorpio. However, Martel got surprised when Scorpio started taking Martel to school, To the delight of the fans. Scorpio used three quick hip tosses to Martel and drop kicked Martel on the outside early on, However, Scorpio tried a dive off the ropes onto Martel on the outside, But got nothing but the floor as Martel moved out of the way. Inside the ring, Martel wore down Scorpio, Working over Scorpio's back. Martel smacked Scorpio around a few times, And when it seemed like Martel would have things won, He'd stop to taunt the fans. Scorpio soon made the comeback, Catching Martel with a devastating spinning heel kick to the jaw. Scorpio followed up with a series of maneuvers, Gaining quick near falls over Martel. Scorpio went for a hurricanrana, But Martel countered into a sit out powerbomb. Martel then called for the Quebec Crab, But stopped to mock Al Snow, Who was watching from the stage. When Martel went to apply the hold, Scorpio rolled up Martel for the three.

Scorpio took his title and headed to the back, Leaving Martel to throw a fit. Al Snow just watched Martel, And told the camera he was going to destroy Martel at In Your House.

70, 82, 71 **

Scorpio gained overness from this match.

Just Too Much

Backstage, We see D'Lo Brown with a steel chair in hand. D'Lo asks a few people if Cloutier is still here, And they point him to where Cloutier's locker room is at. D'Lo barges in, Quickly nailing Martin with a chair shot to the ribs! D'Lo drops the chair down and tackles Cloutier! D'Lo starts pummeling Cloutier with right hands! However, Andrew Martin gets up and kicks D'Lo in the face! Martin tosses D'Lo into the wall and starts nailing D'Lo with right hands and knee shots! D'Lo tries to fight off Martin, But Martin is just too much for D'Lo! After some right hands from Martin, D'Lo is left out cold. Cloutier grabs the steel chair and just drills D'Lo with a shot right to the head! D'Lo Brown is out cold!

Francis Cloutier- You dumb bastard, You think you have a chance in hell against me when I got this monster by my side? D'Lo, I told you, I said for you to just let it go, Now, You'll find out what happens when someone crosses me!

Cloutier lays in another shot over D'Lo's back before he and Martin exit the locker room.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Nasty Mike Vs. Johnny Swinger

Excellent contest between these two men. Nasty Mike is now one of the most over light heavyweight's on the roster, Only falling in popularity to Chavo Guerrero. Mike came running down to the ring, Looking like he was going to charge at Swinger, But jumped outside the ring and ran around in the front row. This started off with Mike dominating Swinger, Taking Swinger down with quick shots, Keeping Swinger grounded on the canvas as well. However, Swinger took control of the match after connecting with a big DDT to Nasty Mike. Swinger came close to putting away Nasty Mike, Getting several near falls over Mike, But Nasty Mike came here to fight, And he fought off everything Swinger tossed at him. Nasty Mike picked up the win at the nine minute mark with a swinging bulldog off the ropes.

Afterwards, Mike danced over Swinger before going to the outside and grabbing cups from fans and pouring the drinks all over himself.

72, 67, 94 ***3/4

Nasty Mike debuted his new gimmick, (Freak) it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Disco's Lounge

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with the ring already being set up for the Disco's Lounge. Disco Inferno is in the ring doing some dance moves for the crowd. He then grabs the microphone and gets ready to speak.

Disco Inferno- Welcome to the Disco's Lounge! This is the only show within a show worth tuning into each and every Monday night. And people, You're in for a treat tonight. Tonight, I will be interviewing a legend. A man with a legacy. A man who is considered by many to be the greatest WWF Intercontinental Champion of all time. You know him, Give it up for the one and the only, Mr. Perfect!

Mr. Perfect makes his way down to the ring to quite a number of boos from the crowd. Perfect ignores the fans and enters the ring. Perfect poses for a bit before shaking hands with Disco Inferno.

Disco Inferno- Welcome to the lounge.

Mr. Perfect- It's great to be here, Disco.

Disco Inferno- No doubt about it. Mr. Perfect, I gotta say, It's a honor to have you on the lounge. You are no doubt the biggest guest I have ever had on the lounge. Now then, Next Sunday night, It's In Your House "Fury". It'll be you stepping into the ring with Ken Shamrock. Most people are saying that Shamrock is going to destroy you, That he's going to run right over you, What do you have to say about that?

Mr. Perfect- People are morons. I mean, Look at me, Then look at Shamrock. You think he can beat me? Honestly, Do you think Ken Shamrock is a threat to me?

Disco Inferno- No, Not at all.

Mr. Perfect- See, You're a smart man. These fans who think Shamrock can beat me are all morons. Ken Shamrock is nothing. Why do people consider him a threat to me? Because he's the world's most dangerous man? What's so damn dangerous about him? Ken Shamrock, Let me tell you what Ken Shamrock is, Ken Shamrock is a moron. He's a thug. He doesn't belong inside a WWF ring. He belongs in jail, Or that crappy UFC, Whatever it's called. He's not a wrestler. He's not a athlete. I am the total package. Ken Shamrock wishes he could be Mr. Perfect. He wishes he grew up with a loving family, As everyone knows, Shamrock got dumped off from his family and had to grew up in the streets. He wishes he had the athletic background like Mr. Perfect does. Fact is, You know why he's coming after me?

Disco Inferno- No, Why don't you tell all of us?

Mr. Perfect- He's jealous of me! Like I said, He wishes he had my life. He wishes he was Mr. Perfect. He wishes he could wrestle like me. He's been jealous of me ever since he came to the WWF. I am one of the most popular WWF Superstars in history. Everybody knows me. Everyone respects me. And face it, Everyone knows that I am a living legend. And Ken Shamrock wants that legacy. What has he done? Has he stepped into the ring with the top guys of the WWF? What the hell has Shamrock done in the WWF? He's picked up a few minor wins, That's about it. He's not perfect! He's not even great. He's good, But next Sunday night, It's going to be me and him wrestling each other. A pure wrestling match. Can he defeat me?

Disco Inferno- I don't think so. There's no chance of him beating you! You're great, No, Perfect!

Mr. Perfect- Exactly. You're a smart kid. I got a good feeling about you. But like I said, Ken Shamrock cannot beat me in a wrestling match. That's why he wants to attack me before the match. That's why he wants to try to take me out before the match. But that won't happen. See, Ken Shamrock, I got people backing me up. I have friends, Something you don't have. And if you try to mess around with me, I'm gonna have back up. And.............

Ken Shamrock's music comes on, Cutting off Mr. Perfect. The fans are on their feet as the world's most dangerous man comes marching down to the ring. Shamrock goes right for Perfect, But Perfect shoves Disco in the way, Who gets a big belly to belly suplex! Perfect flees the ring and runs all the way to the back. Ken Shamrock stands tall in the ring, Yelling that Mr. Perfect is next!

Disco Inferno gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Goldust

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with the announcers talking about the big Goldust/Helmsley match at Fury. They talk about Helmsley's interview from earlier in the night, And then, Say we're going to get to hear from Goldust. Our cameras take us backstage, And we see Goldust standing by.

Goldust- I know everyone has been eager to hear my thoughts. Everyone wants to know what I think about being made to look like a fool by Hunter Hearst Helmsley. That's the big question, Isn't it? Hunter, I feel like a fool. Is that what you people wanted to hear? I feel like a moron, Like a loser. Hunter Hearst Helmsley played me for a chump. I thought he was my friend, But he used me. I know what it's like to be played for a fool, But now, So do you, Hunter. I bet you thought you were just going to kick my ass at last month's event. You thought you were going to have a easy time with me. But what happened? The demon was set free, And I kicked your ass. You only won because I got disqualified. What's gonna happen next Sunday night when there's no disqualification's? When anything goes? Where are you gonna run too then? Who's going to stop me from beating you down? You thought what I did at "Almost Human" was all I have? No, I have alot more ways to hurt you than that. Hunter Hearst Helmsley, At one time, I considered you a friend. Now, I consider you my enemy. And you know what I do to my enemies? Goldust holds up a sledgehammer I hurt them. And I will hurt you at In Your House "Fury".

Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with Goldust staring at the hammer, Almost mesmerized by it.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- "The Destruction Machine" Al Snow picks up another win with the Snow Plow. (RAW Saturday Night 10/4/97)

Jacobs W/Paul Bearer Vs. Shawn Michaels

Bret Hart came down to ringside and joined the announcers for commentary to hype up his big match with Shawn Michaels at In Your House "Fury". Despite his new attitude, The fans continue to love Shawn Michaels, As he got the biggest ovation of the night. Michaels jumped Jacobs right from the get go. Shawn Michaels hit Jacobs with quick blows, And took Jacobs out to the floor early on, Following up by diving off the ropes onto Jacobs on the outside. Out on the floor, Michaels rammed Jacobs into the steel post and steps, But it had no affect on Jacobs. Jacobs took control of the match after tossing Michaels into the steel guardrail. Inside the ring, Jacobs came close to putting away the "Heart Break Kid", But Michaels wouldn't stay down. Jacobs tried going for the powerbomb to hell around the eight minute mark, But Michaels countered into a hurricanrana take over and started hitting Jacobs with right hands. Michaels hit Jacobs with everything he had, But Jacobs just kept sitting up. Bearer ended up getting up on the apron, And Michaels decked him off. Michaels then started to undo the pads from the turnbuckles, Exposing the steel while the referee yelled at Bearer. Michaels rammed Jacobs head first into the steel and then took him down with the flying forearm. Michaels followed up with the flying elbow drop and called for Sweet Chin Music. Before Michaels could super kick Jacobs, Bret Hart got up on the apron! Michaels nailed Hart off the apron, But it was too late, As Jacobs had sat up. Michaels turned around and got drilled by a big choke slam from Jacobs, Which got Jacobs the win.

Monday Night Raw went off the air with Jacobs standing over Michaels while Bearer laughed and Hart watched from the outside, Smiling.

72, 82, 76 **1\2

Shawn Michaels lost overness from this match.

Jacobs gained overness from this match.

Overall Rating- 77

TV Rating- 6.41

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 5.47

Attendance- 4,036

Ticket Sales- $161,440

ECW Code Red

TV Rating- 5.43

Attendance- 4,022

Ticket Sales- $160,880

USPW Thursday Night Jam

TV Rating- 1.73

Attendance- 605

Ticket Sales- $18,150

Notes

"Jacobs is not ready to be moved up the card, i had to work hard just to keep our match from falling apart." -Shawn Michaels

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

News

- Hakushi has been released from his contract.

- OLLIE have signed staff member Sean Mooney!

IPB Image

Date: October 10, 1997

Friday Night Mayhem comes to you just nine days away from In Your House "Fury". And we can expect a wild night in Raleigh tonight. Tonight, We got a huge tag team main event scheduled to take place. We'll see Goldust and Ken Shamrock team up for the very first time ever to face Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Mr. Perfect. This should be a out of control tag team match. We're going to see the heated rivalry between Goldust and Hunter Hearst Helmsley continue at In Your House "Fury", When they meet in a no disqualification match, And after the comments made by both men on Monday night, What can expect during this tag team match? Also, On Monday night, Mr. Perfect was almost attacked by the world's most dangerous man on the Disco's Lounge. What will happen when Shamrock gets Mr. Perfect in the ring? What will happen in this tag team match? This promises to be one of the biggest main events in Friday Night Mayhem history.

Also tonight, Vader makes his in ring return when he steps inside the ring with Jesse James. We have not seen Vader since he lost his match to Cactus Jack at the last PPV, What kind of shape is Vader in after that tough match? Can the man they call Vader make a successful return to the ring tonight, Or will Jesse James put Vader back on the shelf? Another man will make his in ring return tonight, It's been six months since we've seen him in a WWF ring, Scott Taylor makes his return to the WWF, But he will not have a easy time, As he has to step into the ring with Ron Killings. Killings has made quite a name for himself in the light heavyweight division, Almost winning the title several times, Will he be able to beat the returning Taylor tonight?

Rocky Maivia will put his WWF Intercontinental Championship on the line tonight against a former champion, "The Destruction Machine" Al Snow. Snow never lost the WWF Intercontinental Championship, And some see him as the rightful champion, Can Al Snow defeat the youngest member of Envy to walk away as a two time WWF Intercontinental Champion? Will Maivia's stablemate, Rick Martel get involved after Snow cost him a chance to become WWF European Champion last Monday night? This should be a huge match. Another big match taking place is Kareem Arif taking on Chris Kanyon. This will mark Kanyon's first ever singles match in the WWF, As he's always teamed up with Hollywood Holly. Can Chris Kanyon walk away with the win? Or will Arif continue his winning ways?

We'll also be hearing from Shawn Michaels tonight. What does the "Heart Break Kid" have to say after losing to Jacobs on Monday Night Raw? Mark Henry is also scheduled for tonight's show. What will the world's strongest man say after Ahmed Johnson took out his manager, William Regal? This promises to be a big episode of Friday Night Mayhem, Make sure you tune into UPN for all the action.

IPB Image

Date: October 10, 1997

Attendance: 7,023

Ticket Sales: $280,920

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Just Too Perfect?

We get the music of the world's most dangerous man, Ken Shamrock playing to a huge ovation from the fans. The fans are on their feet as Shamrock comes walking down to the ring in a jogging suit. Shamrock enters the ring and asks for the microphone.

Ken Shamrock- Tonight, In this ring, I team up with a man I have no love loss for, Goldust, To take on Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Mr. Perfect. First of all, Goldust, I don't give a damn about you or the problems you've had with Helmsley. All I know is, You two spent the whole spring making my life a living hell, And after this match is over with, We got some unfinished business. But the man I want is Mr. Perfect. Mr. Perfect, You think you're so damn funny with your little comments. You think I'm not in your league? You think I don't belong in the WWF? Well, Tonight, When I get my hands on you, You're gonna know that I belong in the WWF, And that I am better than you. And at In Your House "Fury", When I'm kicking your ass.................

Mr. Perfect's music hits, Cutting off the world's most dangerous man. The crowd boos as the perfect one stands on top of the entrance way, Smiling at the beast known as Shamrock.

Mr. Perfect- Shamrock, All you do is talk. You talk about how tough you are, But yet, You haven't done jack to back it up. I mean, If making little constipated looks is suppose to prove how tough you are, Then congratulations, You're the toughest guy in the WWF. But around here, It doesn't matter how tough you are, Hell, All that matters is how you wrestle. And when you look at the list of the best wrestlers in the WWF, The name on top of that list says Mr. Perfect. And that means that the very best wrestler in the WWF isn't you, It's me! And that's what these fans will have to live with until the day I retire from the WWF. And until then, You're going to be just another wrestler I run right over on my way back to the top of the WWF. I've wrestled them all, And I've beaten them all. And next Sunday night, You're another name added to the list of people who have been perfectplexed and pinned one, two, three by Mr. Perfect. See, You got this tough guy reputation, You got that ankle lock, But you won't even be able to get that "hold" on me. I'm a thinking man's wrestler, And that's what's gonna make me the winner in our match. I'm smart, You're dumb. And when........... What are you doing? What are you up too?

Hang on! Shamrock is leaving the ring! He's coming after Perfect! Perfect is outta here! Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with Shamrock chasing Mr. Perfect all the way to the backstage area.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chris Kanyon W/Hollywood Holly Vs. Kareem Arif

This marked Chris Kanyon's first match as a singles wrestler in WWF ever since becoming a active wrestler once again. Of course, Kanyon wouldn't go out there without Hollywood Holly. Kareem Arif started off offering Kanyon a handshake, Which Kanyon took, Only for him to smack Arif across the face. Kareem Arif tossed Kanyon, Knocking Kanyon off his feet quite a few times. Hollywood Holly ended up meddling into the match behind the referee's back, Which allowed Kanyon to take control of things after attacking a distracted Arif from behind. Chris Kanyon kept Arif grounded through out the match, With Hollywood getting some shots in on Arif, But Arif fought back. Arif seemed like he had things where he wanted too after samoan dropping Kanyon, But Hollywood got back up on the apron. Arif knocked Hollywood off the apron with a super kick, But walked right into Kanyon's Just Close Your Eyes, Which got Kanyon the big win.

Afterwards, Dynasty beat down Arif, First, Stomping away on the peaceful superstar, And then, Connecting with the stuntman feature, Leaving Arif laid out. Dynasty posed while the photographers took pictures of them.

71, 71, 72 *3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hossfest!

Mark Henry is in the ring as we return from the commercial break. The world's strongest man paces around the ring for a few seconds before getting ready to speak.

Mark Henry- Ahmed Johnson, What you did this past Monday night was inexcusable. Taking out my manager, William Regal, Like he was a piece of garbage. What did he do to you? Now, I got no manager. And I blame you! And you think taking out my manager is going to throw me off my game at In Your House? Ahmed Johnson, I'm gonna beat you at In Your House and become the number one contender for the WWF Championship. All these people are booing me because they know it's true. Nothing you do matters until we step inside the ring at In Your House. And on that night, It'll be like the last Pay Per View, You'll be left laid out in the center of the ring, A beaten man. And I know these people think you can beat me, And that you can leave me laying, But they're gonna be mistaken when I kick your teeth in. Ahmed Johnson, I know you're here, I could talk all night, But I want you right now! Come on!

Ahmed Johnson's music hits and here we go! Ahmed Johnson comes charging down to the ring and the fight is on! Both men trade blows and the fans are on their feet as this fist fighting happens. Both men are just pounding the hell out of each other here, But it's stopped when referees run down from the back and pull both men apart! Both men shout threats to each other as we're taken away from the ring.

Mark Henry lost overness from this segment.

Ahmed Johnson lost overness from this segment.

Interview with Scott Taylor

Backstage, Marissa Mazzola is standing by with the returning Scott Taylor.

Marissa Mazzola- Scott Taylor, You are making your return to the WWF after being on the shelf for six months with a broken leg. Tonight, In your very first match back, You take on Ron Killings, Who's really been shining in the light heavyweight division. Obviously, Your goal is to one day win the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship, But do you think you'll be able to walk out of Friday Night Mayhem with the win tonight? It's been six months since you wrestled, Do you still got what it takes?

Scott Taylor- Wow, It's been six months huh? That's a long time. And I been watching the WWF while I was out with my broken leg. And you know, As much as things change, They always stay the same, I mean, Look at you, You're proof that the WWF still likes to hire morons to interview people backstage. Now, You want to know if I still got it? Just watch my match. As for my opponent, Yeah, I've heard alot of good things about Ron Killings. He's a good kid, He grew up in the "ghetto" and made something of himself, Do you think I care? Wow, One person out of that area makes something of himself and everyone is creaming their pants over it. Ron Killings, I don't care if you get special treatment because you're a minority, Or if you actually think you have talent to make it to the top of the WWF, Fact is, You're my number one victim. I'm back, And boys, It's time for all of you to start hiding. Scott Taylor is taking the WWF by storm. It starts with that Tupac wanna gangsta, And then, Taka Michinoku, Here's my order, The WWF Light Heavyweight Championship, Served by you, Yelling "hot plate, hot plate!"

Marissa Mazzola- Fans, Scott Taylor makes his return to the WWF up next!

Scott Taylor debuted his new gimmick. (cheater)

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scott Taylor Vs. Ron Killings

Well, After this performance, Scott Taylor still has "it". This was a terrific match up. Both men had alot of time to perform, As this match went around the thirteen minute mark. Taylor started off out wrestling Killings and taunting Killings, Only for Killings to open up on Taylor, Nailing him with right hands and kicks, Eventually tossing Taylor out to the floor and hitting a suicide dive to Taylor on the outside. Things didn't stay in Killings favor for very long though, As when the match came back into the ring, Taylor caught him with a big spinning heel kick to the face. Scott Taylor got some close near falls over Killings, But Killings kept kicking out, Frustrating Taylor. Killings eventually caught Taylor with a enziguri kick and made the comeback. Killings almost won the match with a tornado DDT, But Taylor was able to put his feet on the ropes. Killings slammed Taylor down and went up top. Killings went for a leg drop off the top turnbuckle, But Taylor moved out of the way, And Killings got nothing but canvas! Both men slowly came to their feet and Taylor spring boarded off the ropes, Driving Killings down with a DDT to score the win.

82, 69, 95 ****

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Al Snow Vs. Rocky Maivia W/Rick Martel

This was suppose to be a title match, But before the match started, The ring announcer informed us that Rick Rude changed it to a non title match up. Snow had things in control early on, As he out wrestled Maivia and kept Maivia grounded. It looked like Snow was headed for a early victory, But Rick Martel came down to ringside and distracted Snow long enough for Maivia to sneak up on him, Allowing Maivia to take control of things. Maivia did quite a number on Al Snow, But he'd often stop to pose for Rick Martel, Ruining his chances of walking away with the win. Maivia tried to finish Snow off with the TGS, But Snow countered into a release German suplex and started fighting back. Snow caught Maivia with several suplexes, Living up the "Destruction Machine" name. Maivia was getting beaten down so badly, That Martel got up on the apron, Snow decked him off and locked Maivia into the Snowed In. Maivia was about to tap out, But Martel entered the ring with a steel chair and hit Snow with a shot to the back! The referee awarded Snow the win by DQ.

Maivia and Martel started putting the boots to Snow, But Sean Waltman ran down from the back with a steel chair in hand. Not wanting any of Waltman, The Envy members fled the ring. Waltman checked on his former stablemate while Maivia and Martel headed to the back, With Maivia posing with the WWF Intercontinental Championship on top of the stage.

87, 90, 81 ***1\4

Interview with Bret Hart

Backstage, Marissa Mazzola is standing by with Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

Marissa Mazzola- Bret "The Hitman" Hart, You requested this interview time, You must have alot on your mind, As next Sunday night, You step inside the ring with Shawn Michaels. And we're still going to be hearing from Shawn Michaels later on. What do you have to say?

Bret Hart- Shawn Michaels, I know you're going to be speaking tonight, And I know you're going to be crying over how I screwed you on Monday night, But I don't really care about that. See, When you attacked me backstage on September 22nd, You ruined my chances of becoming the WWF Champion once again. And what I did this Monday night was called revenge. I must say, Watching Jacobs choke slam you straight to hell was quite a sight. And at In Your House "Fury", I'm going to beat the living hell out of and get pay back for what you did to me. You think you're smart by getting inside the ring with me in a no holds barred match? What's going to happen when I punch your teeth in? See, You might think you're on top of the world, You got a future title shot, You can't get suspended, And you have a chance to try to beat the man who beat you back to back this year, Me. After I beat you at In Your House, I'm going to make sure you confess to beating me down. And after that, I'll make sure these fans never see you come back to the WWF. Shawn Michaels, I'm not going to wait for In Your House though. This Monday night, I'm calling you out! Lets get it on! And I promise to give you a sample of what I'm doing to you come In Your House.

Marissa Mazzola- Fans, Bret Hart isn't waiting for In Your House, He wants Shawn Michaels face to face this Monday night! What will the "Heart Break Kid" have to say? We'll still hear from HBK later tonight, But right now, Stay tuned, Friday Night Mayhem will return after this commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Vader Vs. Jesse James

Vader made quite the return here. This was all Vader, With James barely getting any offense in on the monster. Looks like the stories about James being in the doghouse with management in true. Vader started off destroying James with right hands, Beating down James in the corner, With the referee having to threaten to disqualify Vader so he'd stop beating down James in the corner. They went outside the ring, Where Vader tosses James into the guardrail and then press slammed James down across the rail. When they went back inside the ring, Vader connected with a few more stiff shots before running James with a huge clothesline. Vader ended this one with a brutal powerbomb and then the Vader Bomb.

After the match ended, Vader connected with another Vader Bomb to James. Vader posed over James' fallen body to cheers from the fans and said everyone was on his hit list, And nobody is safe from the man they call Vader.

80, 81, 78 **3/4

Poor Champ

We see Rocky Maivia leaving the building. Marissa Mazzola catches up to the WWF Intercontinental Champion.

Marissa Mazzola- Rocky, Can I get a word with you over what happened earlier tonight?

Rocky Maivia- You want a word with me? The WWF Intercontinental Champion, The prince of the universe? Let me tell you something, Me and Rick Martel had that piece of trash Al Snow right where we wanted him, And then, That little rat, Sean Waltman comes running down to the ring and ruined our plans. Sean Waltman is a joke! I bet he and all these fans think my title is in danger when I face him? They think my title reign is going to end at the hands of Sean Waltman? Sean Waltman, You got lucky on Monday night, And let me tell you something else, I...........

Sean Waltman nails Maivia from behind! Where did he come from? Waltman lays in a few shots on Maivia, Punching and kicking away at the WWF Intercontinental Championship! Waltman leaves Maivia down on the ground and poses for a few people outside the arena. Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with Sean Waltman heading back into the arena while Maivia is left laid out.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Friday Night Mayhem returns with footage of the match between Jacobs and Shawn Michaels from Monday Night Raw. Once the footage ends, We're taken backstage, And Shawn Michaels is standing by.

Shawn Michaels- So, "The Hitman" wants the "Heart Break Kid" this Monday night? Bret, You think I'm gonna walk away from this? I had Jacobs beaten on Monday night if it wasn't for you. And if you want some, You'll get some! After all, You think I'm gonna disappoint the Kliq and the legions of Shawn Michaels fans all around the world? After all, Being the very best in the WWF comes with certain responsibilities, And one of them is shutting up all the boring individuals like you! Don't worry people, Shawn Michaels will not let you down. Bret, This Monday night, It's on! And I promise you, I'll make you pay for costing me my match with Jacobs. After all, I was going to be the first man to put down Jacobs and everyone knows it! If I had super kicked Jacobs, He'd be out for a week! But that's okay, Because next time I get him in the ring, I'm gonna beat him within a inch of his life. It's true. So, All you people, Now you have a reason to watch Monday Night Raw, Because HBK is guaranteed to be there and kick Bret Hart's ass!

Friday Night Mayhem goes to it's last commercial break with the announcers hyping up the confrontation between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart this Monday night.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Andrew Martin knocks out Kip Parker with a big boot. (Monday Night Raw 10/6/97)

Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Mr. Perfect Vs. Goldust and Ken Shamrock

Wild tag team match up here. Both teams just brawled all over the arena here, With the referee not having control of the match period. Goldust and Helmsley ended up fighting all over the crowd, With Goldust using chairs, A fan's crutch, And drinks as weapons on Helmsley. Ken Shamrock dominated Mr. Perfect inside the ring, And had the ankle lock on Perfect, But Helmsley was able to make the save. Soon, The brawl began again, With all four men fighting on the outside. Steel chairs, The ring steps, And the announce table were all involved. Goldust DDT'ed Helmsley on top of the announce table, Putting both men through it. Mr. Perfect was able to nail Shamrock with the ring bell to take control of things while Helmsley and Goldust were laid out. Perfect was helped out by Helmsley, Who had recovered, But neither men could keep Shamrock down, And when Goldust got back into the match, He and Shamrock looked like they were headed for the win. Goldust and Helmsley ended up brawling on the floor, Where Helmsley tossed Goldust into the steel steps. Inside the ring, Shamrock had Perfect right where he wanted him, But Helmsley entered the ring with a steel chair. Shamrock kicked the chair right into Helmsley's face, But walked into a low blow and then the Perfectplex from Perfect, Which got Perfect the win over Shamrock.

Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with Mr. Perfect and Hunter Hearst Helmsley heading to the back while the announcers wondered if they would be victorious in their matches at In Your House "Fury".

86, 89, 82 ***1\4

Overall Rating- 77

TV Rating- 6.43

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Mr. Perfect

"Scott Taylor and Ron Killings work pretty well together due to their similar styles." -Ron Killings

IPB Image

Date: October 11, 1997

Attendance: 7,027

Ticket Sales: $281,080

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

The Suicide Blonds Vs. Memphis Royalty

The number one contenders for the WWF Tag Team Championship were all business in this one, To show the world what they're made of before the big two out of three falls match come In Your House. The Suicide Blonds were dominant in this one, With Memphis Royalty not coming close to matching the two rookies. After about five minutes, Adam Copeland pinned Jerry Lawler with the animalize. The Suicide Blonds celebrated their win, Making sure to tell the camera that next Sunday night they'd be crowned the new champions.

77, 76, 79 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Taka Michinoku© Vs. Wolfie D

One half of Rated X got the chance of a lifetime here. And Wolfie D definitely gave the current WWF Light Heavyweight Champion a tough fight and came close to walking out with the title quite a few times, But somehow, Taka Michinoku managed to fight back from Wolfie D's attacks. Wolfie D almost won the title after connecting with a devastating enziguri kick to Taka, But in the end, Taka got a roll up on Wolfie D and scored the win.

70, 64, 76 **

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chavo Guerrero Vs. Craig Finney

The other half of Rated X, The skate boarding daredevil, Craig Finney entered this one with the advantage over the number of wins he holds over Chavo Guerrero in the past. This was a terrific match, One that should be talked about for many weeks. Finney controlled things here after Chavo missed a early frog splash attempt. Finney almost won the match quite a number of times, But he could not keep Chavo down. Chavo Guerrero walked out of this week's episode of RAW Saturday Night with the win after powerbombing Finney off the middle ropes.

81, 69, 93 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Island Boys Vs. The Godwinns

This turned out to be quite a good match up, As it was just a brawl between both teams. Both teams brawled all around ringside before getting into the ring, Where they kept brawling. Referee Mike Chioda lost control of things so badly that he called for the bell, And the match ended in a double DQ. Both teams brawled all the way to the back as RAW Saturday Night went to a commercial break.

70, 59, 81 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hollywood Holly W/Chris Kanyon Vs. John Bradshaw

Chris Kanyon wrestled in singles action on Friday night and picked up a win, Now it was Hollywood's turn to wrestle in singles action. Hollywood's opponent was just a tough as Kanyon's, As John Bradshaw has been on a role. There were signs of Bradshaw turning heel in the future, As he almost got himself disqualified quite a few times, And he kept arguing with the referee numerous times. Thanks to Kanyon's help, Hollywood controlled things, But after missing a big leg drop, Bradshaw made the comeback. Bradshaw dished out a big beating on Hollywood, But as he set up Hollywood for the lariat, Kanyon tripped him behind the referee's back. Hollywood then drop kicked Bradshaw and got the win. After the match, Bradshaw nailed the referee with a right hand.

74, 75, 75 **1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Vader destroys Jesse James with a brutal powerbomb. (Friday Night Mayhem 10/10/97)

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty Vs. Kama Mustafa

Marty Jannetty is looking to get back on the winning track after dropping the WWF Intercontinental Championship to Rocky Maivia last week. Jannetty started off keeping Kama down with his speed, Hitting several drop kicks to the supreme fighting machine. Jannetty sent Kama outside and tried to plancha onto Kama, But got caught and violently thrown into the steel post by Mustafa. Inside the ring, Kama kept Jannetty down with a few holds, But he could not put away the former champion. Jannetty fought back, And picked up the win with the running enziguri kick. RAW Saturday Night went off the air with Marty Jannetty celebrating his win.

74, 76, 70 *3/4

Overall Rating- 64

TV Rating- 2.59

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.97

Attendance- 4,020

Ticket Sales- $160,800

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.92

Attendance- 4,043

Ticket Sales- $161,720

NWACI Pushing The Limits

Attendance- 111

Ticket Sales- $2,220

SWF Day Of The Underdog

Attendance- 3,661

Ticket Sales- $146,440

OLLIE Danger Zone

Attendance- 144

Ticket Sales- $2,880

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Taka Michinoku

"Ekmo and Kimo blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Marty Jannetty

"Our ratings battle with Hardcore TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We have superior star power on our roster, which is hurting their image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them. The fans see us as being the more professional promotion, thanks to our higher production values." -Sophie

News

- ECW's ECW Code Red has been renewed for a further 30 weeks!

TheArsenal, RSN's name will be changed as soon as I get to November. I already have a logo for the show as well as new logos for RAW and FNM, Provided by Kempay. Sorry for the lateness on this update, But I haven't been feeling too well as of late.

IPB Image

Date: October 13, 1997

Monday Night Raw comes to you live just six days away from In Your House "Fury". And tonight we will have quite the loaded show. And we're going to see what could be the biggest main event in the history of Monday Night Raw. Tonight, For the first time ever, In a special non title match, It'll be Jacobs facing the WWF Champion, Kevin Nash! Both these men are headed into Sunday's event to battle for the WWF Championship in a triple threat match alongside Cactus Jack, But tonight, It's a one on one battle between both big men. Over the past few weeks, Jacobs has left Kevin Nash beaten and laid out, Even beating Nash's best friend, Shawn Michaels last Monday night. Jacobs has certainly been on a role as of late, But will he be able to defeat the genetic wonder? Or will Kevin Nash be able to do what no one has been able to do, Defeat the monster? This should be quite the amazing main event, It's the genetic wonder versus the monster!

Ken Shamrock is heading into Sunday's In Your House event with one thing in mind, To defeat Mr. Perfect. But tonight, Ken Shamrock will have to first step into the ring with the world's strongest man, Mark Henry. Mark Henry is headed into In Your House to face Ahmed Johnson, With the winner getting a shot at the WWF Championship. Will Mark Henry send a message to Ahmed Johnson tonight? Which man will walk out of Monday Night Raw with the win, The world's most dangerous man, Or the world's strongest man? What a match up this should be between two of the best up comers of the WWF.

Champions will also be in battle tonight. First, In a special non title match, The WWF Tag Team Champions, Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit face the team that defeated them for the titles back in May, The Godwinns. Both these teams have a long storied history together, And with the focus of the champions being on Sunday's two out of three falls match, Will that allow The Godwinns to score the win? Or will Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit continue to dominate the tag team division? Also, Scorpio defends the WWF European Championship against the man who will meet Rocky Maivia for the WWF Intercontinental Championship this Sunday night, Sean Waltman. Can Sean Waltman go into In Your House with gold of his on? Scorpio and Waltman should no doubt tear down the house. Then, The WWF Light Heavyweight Championship will be on the line, Taka Michinoku defends the title against "Too Sexy" Brian Christopher. Which man will walk out of Burlington, Vermont with the gold?

Plus, We're going to see the huge confrontation between Bret "The Hitman" Hart and the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels tonight! After the comments both men made on Friday night, We can expect this to be a out of control confrontation between the men who will fight each other in a no holds barred match this Sunday night. Also, "The Destruction Machine" Al Snow and Rick Martel will be guests on Disco Inferno's "Disco Lounge" tonight. That should be very interesting. Plus, We'll be hearing from Hunter Hearst Helmsley tonight, And Rick Rude has a huge announcement regarding a returning WWF Superstar! Make sure to catch all the action on the USA Network!

Edited by Baby Hewey

IPB Image

Date: October 13, 1997

Attendance: 7,045

Ticket Sales: $281,800

Announcers: Jim Ross and Dok Hendrix

Monday Night Raw comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jim Ross and Dok Hendrix are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Mind Games......... Maybe?

The guitar riff brings out Bret "The Hitman" Hart . "The Hitman" walks down the entrance way, Ignoring the fans, Looking forward to the confrontation with Shawn Michaels that the announcers have been hyping up all week long. Bret Hart enters the ring and does his usual posing, Before asking for a microphone. Once Hart is ready to speak, He takes off his black sunglasses, And the fans keep chanting "HBK". Bret Hart doesn't appear too happy over the fans chanting for Shawn Michaels.

Bret Hart- If you people shut up, I'd actually be able to talk. You know, Last week, Shawn Michaels was in this very ring, Wrestling the monster known as Jacobs. Now, I know Shawn Michaels is foolish enough to think that he would have beaten Jacobs if I hadn't interfered, But we all know he couldn't beat Jacobs. Shawn Michaels, It doesn't matter that I came down to the ring and distracted you, Because that's not worse than what you did to me when you laid me out backstage. You could atleast be a man and take responsibility for your actions, But no, Like a typical American, You lie and end up getting things your way. You're so damn cocky, Aren't you? Just because you have a promised title shot and there's no way you can get suspended, You think you're on top of the World Wrestling Federation. But when I get you inside the ring, I'm going to hurt you, I'm going to make sure you don't even get that shot at the WWF Championship. But I don't want to waste my time talking, I know you're here, And these people think you're going to beat me down tonight, So how about you get your ass down here right now?

"The Hitman" waits for quite a few seconds. The fans wait and chant "HBK", Hoping Shawn Michaels comes down to the ring. His music plays, But instead of coming down to the ring, Shawn Michaels is shown backstage.

Shawn Michaels- Slight change of plans. See, I could go out there and beat your ass down, But if I did that, You'd just bitch and cry over me doing it. And when I beat you on Sunday night, You'd say it was due to me beating you down tonight. I don't want anyone to think I had an advantage going into our match on Sunday night. So I don't think I'm going to walk out there and beat you down, Even though everyone knows I can. Bret, I know you're thinking I'm afraid of you, But I'm not. I want you in the best shape possible for our match up this Sunday night. Besides, I want you to think about the ass kicking I'm handing out this Sunday night. I want you to think about what I am going to do to you in the no holds barred match up. I want you to not be able to sleep at night. I know you're afraid. I know you're running scared of what HBK is planning on doing to you this Sunday night. And you should be. Have you seen me in the last few months? Hell, It all started almost a year ago, The ladder match in December, Then, The first blood match at Wrestlemania, Hell in the cell in May, And last month, Well, Everyone knows what I did to Steve Austin in the last man standing match. But none of that will compare to what I do to you this Sunday night. And I know all you people are disappointed in HBK not being out there right now, Because lets face it, No one else in the World Wrestling Federation can compare to Shawn Michaels, But I promise you next time I'm in Burlington, Vermont, I will personally make sure I get inside that ring. After all, If Shawn Michaels isn't wrestling, Then there's a good chance the show will suck. I mean, Who will wrestle for you people? Bret Hart? No, You people need Shawn Michaels. And Bret, And to all my fans out there, The Kliq, Watch Sunday's pay per view. Watch that I do to this clown, Because after I destroy him, I'm coming for what belongs to me, The WWF Championship.

Michaels' image fades from the screen to a mixed reaction from the crowd. Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with Bret Hart looking pissed off while the announcers are wondering about Shawn Michaels behavior here tonight.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation European Championship

Scorpio© Vs. Sean Waltman

Sean Waltman had the chance of a lifetime here, As not only does he have a shot at Rocky Maivia's WWF Intercontinental Championship this Sunday night, But he could win the WWF European Championship right here tonight and perhaps be a double champion. This match has often been thrown around as a dream match, But it didn't seem to live up to the expectations management had. Sean Waltman and Scorpio, Despite being incredibly talented, Didn't seem to click. This wasn't a bad match by any means, But many people thought it could have been much more. Both men started off shaking hands, But as soon as the bell rung, All bets were off. The crowd was pro Waltman here, Booing Scorpio a few times. Scorpio didn't take to the air here, And neither did Waltman. During the match, Rocky Maivia came down from the back to watch from ringside. Scorpio picked up a few near falls over Waltman, But Waltman wouldn't stay down, And started to fight back. Sean Waltman seemed to have things right where he wanted, And nailed Scorpio with a devastating spinning heel kick. Waltman then went up top. As Scorpio got up, Maivia charged into the ring and drilled Scorpio with the TGS right in front of the referee! The referee had no choice but to disqualify Waltman, Who seemed like he was headed for the win!

Maivia smiled and headed to the back, Taunting Waltman, Saying Waltman had no chance in hell of getting any gold this week. Sean Waltman cursed at Maivia as Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break.

75, 74, 76 **1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

A Message?

Kevin Nash's music plays as Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break. The crowd is going nuts for the champ as he walks down the long entrance way. The announcers hype up this Sunday's triple threat match, Calling it Nash's toughest challenge. The genetic wonder enters the ring and poses as pyro goes off behind him, from the rafters and from the ring posts. Nash poses for quite awhile before his music dies down. Nash asks for the microphone and puts the title over his shoulder.

Kevin Nash- Burlington, Vermont, The genetic wonder is in the house! Sunday night is day game. It's the ultimate fight. You got the genetic wonder in one corner. Then, You got Cactus Jack, The sickest man in the WWF. And then, You got the monster, A man who seems to feel no pain, Jacobs in the other corner. This is gonna be one hell of a match, And I know what everyone is thinking, Everyone is thinking that big sexy is going down on Sunday night. They're thinking there's no way that I am going to win. Everyone thinks Jacobs is just going to run right over me and Cactus Jack and walk out of In Your House with the WWF Championship. But I got a game plan for Sunday night. And my plan will guarantee that I leave In Your House with the WWF Championship still around my waist. Jacobs, I know you got up from the Jackknife last week, But this Sunday night, I'm doing alot more than that. And when the night is over, Either you or Cactus Jack is losing. But I don't wanna talk about Sunday night. You and I got a big match tonight. And that's gonna be your preview of what's to come. I am making a promise to everyone, I will pin you in this ring tonight. I.............

The champ is interrupted by boos from the crowd. The crowd is booing due to Paul Bearer walking down the ramp way. Bearer enters the ring and snatches the microphone from Kevin Nash! The audacity of the man!

Paul Bearer- Hold it right there, You big tall hippie! Kevin Nash, You are one arrogant bastard! You think you're going to beat my Jacobs tonight? Lets face it, Tonight, Jacobs is gonna send you straight to hell! Straight to hell! If you somehow manage to walk out of tonight's match, Then, Come Sunday night, Jacobs is going to make sure you retire early. See, I don't know if you know this, But Jacobs is the man who killed The Undertaker. Where is The Undertaker? He's in some river somewhere, Dead! Jacobs is the man who destroyed your good buddy Scott Hall. Yeah, Where is Hall after his match with Jacobs? He's out with a injured back. Jacobs powerbombed Scott Hall straight to hell! Another one of your friend, Sean Waltman, He almost had his neck snapped by Jacobs. The only reason he's even here is because Jacobs didn't do his worse. And Vince McMahon, There's someone you like alot, What happened to him? Oh yeah, Jacobs electrocuted him! McMahon is lying in a hospital bed! He can't speak! He can barely open his eyes! What about Ric Flair? Jacobs powerbombed the legend right through the ring! Not even you could do that! See a pattern? Everyone that gets in Jacobs' way ends up suffering a very unfortunate twist of fate. And you're the next victim. Except this time, Jacobs is taking your WWF Championship with him. And when Jacobs rules the WWF as it's champion, Who's going to be able to take the title from him? Kevin Nash, Tonight, When Jacobs gets you inside the ring, I told him to do his worse. I told him to do whatever he wants to you. And when he gets done with you, There will be nothing left for.........

BAM! Nash just decked Paul Bearer! The crowd is going apeshit! Bearer rolls around on the canvas, That punch obviously hurting the fat man. Nash says he's going to Jackknife Bearer! No, Wait, Here's Jacobs! Jacobs hits the ring and runs over Nash with a clothesline! Jacobs lifts Nash up and with one arm, He tosses Nash into the corner! Jacobs is hammering away on Kevin Nash! Jacobs whips Nash into the opposite corner with such power, That Nash bounces off the corner and walks into a big boot from Jacobs! Bearer is up, Holding his face, And tells Jacobs to choke slam Nash! Jacobs pulls Nash up and grabs him by the throat. No! The lights just went off! What is going on? We got the sounds of the ambulance! The crowd is going crazy! Lightning hits the big screen and the lights come back on, Nash is down on the canvas, But on the big screen, "Revenge" is shown written! Bearer looks terrified! Jacobs just looks pissed off. Officials come down from the back and drag Nash out of the ring while Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with Jim Ross saying that The Undertaker must be alive!

Kevin Nash lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

How Can You Stop Him?

D'Lo Brown is in the ring as we return from the commercial break. The crowd loves D'Lo, And start a big "D'Lo" chant for the 1997 King Of The Ring.

D'Lo Brown- Francis Cloutier, I am getting damn sick and tired of your punk ass! Ever since you got to the WWF you been doing nothing but playing games with everyone. You've messed around with the most dangerous men in the WWF, And yet, You've come out unharmed. You always come out on top and I think that's a load of bull****! And now, You got that big freak, Andrew Martin backing you up. I been laid out by him alot over the past couple of weeks, And I say no more! It's time for you and I to fight, And we will, This Sunday night. But Cloutier, I don't want you, I want Andrew Martin tonight! No match, Just send his big ass down here so I can kick it! And when I kick his ass, It'll be just the two of us at In Your House "Fury". How about it? You people wanna see me kick Andrew Martin's ass tonight? You damn right! Come on! I got all night!

D'Lo Brown does not wait long, Francis Cloutier's music plays, And Cloutier and his back up, Andrew Martin are on top of the stage. Cloutier holds a microphone and has quite the smirk on his face.

Francis Cloutier- D'Lo, I am getting so bored of you. I mean, How many ass kickings do you gotta take? You want Andrew Martin? You think you can hurt him? You think you can somehow hurt this seven foot tall monster? A man who I picked as my back up? What do you think you're going to be able to do to this man? All right, You want him tonight? I know Andrew Martin doesn't back down, So I'll let him fight you right now. But D'Lo, If you were to somehow injure him, Don't you think I'm smart enough to have more friends backing me up? But you want him, Fine, Andrew, Take care of this problem for me. I'll be watching.

D'Lo Brown- Get your ass down here! Come on!

Martin looks at Cloutier and smiles. The big man comes running down to the ring and we got a brawl between Martin and D'Lo. Cloutier seems to be enjoying himself as he watches Martin over power D'Lo early on, Completely destroying the King Of The Ring. However, Things take a turn when D'Lo ducks a big boot from Martin, Causing Martin to crotch himself on the ropes. D'Lo shakes the ropes, And then nails Martin with right hands. D'Lo drop kicks Martin off the apron and then goes outside after him, Smacking Martin head first into the announce table! Cloutier looks concerned as D'Lo rolls Martin back inside the ring. D'Lo Brown knocks Martin down with right hands, And Cloutier has had enough, He comes running down to the ring! Cloutier tries to ambush D'Lo, But gets taken down by a right hand! D'Lo then walks into Martin's Instant Knock Out! (big boot) D'Lo is out cold. Cloutier stands up and starts putting the boots to D'Lo! Cloutier raises Martin's arm high in the air as Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break.

Andrew Martin gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit Vs. The Godwinns

Pretty much a squash here. Pillman and Benoit easily dominated The Godwinns in this five minute match up. The Suicide Blonds watched from the back, Scouting their opponents for Sunday's big match up. Pillman and Benoit picked apart the former WWF Tag Team Champions, With the announcers saying they've never seen Benoit and Pillman this intense. Neither Benoit or Pillman seemed to be worried about possibly getting disqualified, As they broke the rules several times. At one point, Pillman tried to DDT Henry off the apron onto exposed concrete. The match came to an end when Pillman and Benoit tossed Phineous out to the floor, Leaving Henry alone with the champs. Benoit and Pillman used a German suplex/drop kick combo to Henry, Before Benoit locked on the Crossface, And Pillman applied a STF to Henry at the same time, Making the hog farmer tap out.

Phineous entered the ring and tried to help out Henry, But Pillman bashed him in the head with one of the WWF Tag Team titles. Pillman DDT'ed Phineous onto the title and Benoit followed up by coming off the top with a diving headbutt to Phineous. Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break with the WWF Tag Team Champions standing tall while The Suicide Blonds watched from the back. Dok Hendrix claimed Benoit and Pillman could do alot to Cage and Copeland in a two out of three falls match up.

74, 69, 79 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ken Shamrock Vs. Mark Henry

This was a match that the fans wanted to see. As the world's strongest man took on the world's most dangerous man for the first time ever. The announcers pointed out that Henry seemed a little lost without William Regal at ringside to guide him. This one was kept short, So it wasn't all that bad. Henry started off trying to over power Shamrock, Who avoided Henry's blows and took Henry down to the canvas several times and worked over Henry with a few submission holds. Shamrock ended up taking a clothesline from Henry, Which gave Henry control of the match. Henry slowly wore down Shamrock, Applying a bear hug and long abdominal stretch to Shamrock. However, Shamrock started fighting back, And caught Henry with a nasty spinning heel kick. Shamrock followed up with three clotheslines and a big time belly to belly suplex. Shamrock applied the ankle lock to Henry. It looked like Henry was about to give it up, But before he could, Mr. Perfect ran into the ring with a steel chair! Perfect tried to hit Shamrock, But Shamrock kicked the chair right into Perfect's face! While the referee got Perfect out of the ring, Henry grabbed the chair. Henry went to hit Shamrock, But Shamrock kicked the chair into Henry's face and rolled up Henry for the three!

Shamrock's celebration didn't last long as Perfect jumped into the ring and started hammering away on Shamrock. Henry joined in and both men started putting the boots to the world's most dangerous. Luckily for Shamrock, Ahmed Johnson ran down from the back, Causing Perfect and Henry to run out of the ring. Ahmed Johnson made threats to both men and then went to check on Shamrock.

70, 84, 70 **

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Will He Keep His Promise?

The blue blood snob, Hunter Hearst Helmsley comes down to the ring as Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break. Decked out in a suit and sunglasses, Helmsley looks ready for business. Helmsley enters the ring and does his bow before being handed a microphone. The music dies down as Helmsley takes off his sunglasses. The fans boo and start chanting for Goldust.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Sunday night is a big night for each WWF Superstar. Everyone who is wrestling at that pay per view is looking to end their rivalries, To send a message out to everyone in the WWF. Me? I want to end something that should have never started. I want to end the last trace of "Helmsleydust". And how will I do that? By beating Goldust in a no disqualification match up this Sunday night at In Your House "Fury". Goldust, I been hearing alot of talk from you. And that's all it's been, Talk. Last week, You grabbed a sledgehammer and said you were going to use it on me. But this past Friday night, I left you laying. And on Sunday night, Your fate is in my hands. And you think you scare me? I scare you. See, Deep down, You're running scared of me. You think I fear you? You think what you did last month to me scared me? It woke me up. And I'm not going to be like one of those morons who fall to your mind games and end up losing because of it. No, I'm beating you by destroying you. And..........

The crowd goes crazy as Goldust is shown on the big screen. From the looks of it, Goldust is outside the arena, In the parking area! Helmsley does not look pleased at the interruption.

Goldust- Hunter Hearst Helmsley, You think this all just an act? You think I'm not really gonna beat you down within a inch of your life this Sunday night? You think I'm not gonna hurt you? Is that what you think? Or is it just what you make yourself believe? Rest assured, I am gonna beat the living s*** out of you this Sunday night. And I am gonna hurt you. You will bleed, And you will have to face the consequences of turning your back on me. And right now, I want to try something out. As you see, I'm in the parking area. Now, I am going to be here doing something to your car with this Goldust reveals a sledgehammer It's simple, Come on down here, Prove how tough you are, And I won't mess up your car. Hell, I'll throw the hammer away if you come down here right now for a good old fashioned fight. If not, Then, Well, Your car is getting smashed. I'm giving you ten seconds to leave that ring! One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten!

Goldust starts smashing up Helmsley's car! Inside the ring, Helmsley is beside himself! The crowd is cheering this act on! After he's done smashing the windows and most of the car, Goldust looks at the camera. Helmsley looks pissed off!

Goldust- You're pathetic. You think destroying your property was something? Wait until Sunday night. Wait until I get your ass in the ring.

Goldust's image fades from the screen. Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with the announcers hyping the no disqualification match between Helmsley and Goldust this Sunday night.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Taka Michinoku© Vs. "Too Sexy" Brian Christopher

Dead crowd for this match after the previous match and the hot Goldust/Helmsley segment. The announcers ignored most of the match, And spent the six minute match talking about Sunday's pay per view and how The Undertaker could be on his way back to the WWF. Brian Christopher seemed to have the match won quite a number of times, But he just couldn't stop showing off for the crowd. Brian Christopher even hit Taka with the Tennessee Jam, But Taka kicked out after Christopher took too long to cover him. Taka made the comeback, And eventually dumped Christopher out to the floor. Taka came off the top with a asai moonsault to Christopher and rolled him back into the ring, Where he connected with the Michinoku Driver for the win.

Taka Michinoku celebrated his tough title defense by posing with the title. Monday Night Raw went to a commercial break with the announcers hyping the Disco's Lounge, Up next!

65, 50, 80 **

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Disco's Lounge

Monday Night Raw returns from the break with the Disco's Lounge set up. And inside the ring, Disco Inferno, Along with his two guests, Al Snow and Rick Martel. Disco Inferno is standing beside both men, Holding them back so there's no fight here.

Disco Inferno- Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! No fighting, Baby! The Disco Lounge ain't the place to be fighting! This is a talk show, Not the Jerry Springer show! Now then, This Sunday night, It's gonna be the two of you fighting out in this ring. "The Destruction Machine" Al Snow versus Rick Martel, A legend in this business. This should be a classic match up. You two cats have been feuding for quite sometime, And both of you hold wins over the other men. Tonight, I wanna hear your thoughts on Sunday's match. Who's gonna win?

Rick Martel- You want to know who's gonna win? Take a look at us. In one corner, A former WWF Tag Team and WWF Intercontinental Champion, A man who's been in the ring with the best in this business. A man who came back to the ring last year at the age of forty and made it right to the top of the WWF. I've beaten the best of them since coming back, Including you, Al Snow! You think you're so damn tough? Oh, No, The "The Destruction Machine"! Gimme a break! Sure, You might toss out some nasty suplexes, But in the end, Come Sunday night, I'm beating you and going right back to the top of the WWF. See, Al Snow is a dime a dozen. You can take any Joe nobody and put them inside a WWF ring and have them become a Al Snow. Some loser from what? Iowa? But a Rick Martel is a rarity in this sport. Al Snow, You've been making quite the destruction in the WWF, But on Sunday night, I'm taking you to school. You people can boo me all you want, But deep down, You all respect me! You have too! After all I've done, You people should be on your knees kissing my feet! Al Snow, Remember, I beat you last month, And this month will be no different. And Disco, You know what makes me so sick about this piece of trash?

Disco Inferno- Tell us, Hip cat.

Rick Martel- He's got no respect for me. He's got no respect for a legend like Rick Martel. He just thinks he's going to take my spot this Sunday night. He thinks he's going to humiliate and embarrass me in front of all these people. It's not gonna happen. I'm sorry to disappoint you, But you're not beating me. I'm beating you and I'm making you look like a fool. Rick Martel's days in the WWF aren't done by a long shot, And after I beat you, I'm headed right back to where I belong, The main event, The big matches, Because lets face it, Al Snow ain't nobody! I'm headed right back to being the man around the World Wrestling Federation!

Disco Inferno- Al Snow, Man, You heard it from him. Rick Martel definitely shows no fear, Baby, What do you gotta say?

Al Snow- Rick Martel, I don't disrespect you. I have alot of respect for you and what you've done in the WWF. You are a legend, And I know these people, Despite not liking you, Respect you. But that won't matter on Sunday night. See, You've been pissing me off for almost three months now. Three months you and those Envy a******* have been bothering me. And you're the one who's messed with me the most. And since you were the one who pinned me last month, You're the one I'm starting with. See, I'm taking out all of Envy. It starts with you. And this Sunday night, I'm gonna live up to my name. I'm gonna be a destruction machine. I will destroy you. Fact is, I'm gonna f*** you up, And there's nothing you can do about it!

Snow drops his microphone down and exits the ring. Martel seems a bit concerned.

Disco Inferno- Don't worry, Rick, You're a legend. I'm sure you have some kind of game plan for Sunday night. Fans, This has been the Disco's Lounge.

Disco shakes hands with Martel and thanks him for coming, But Martel still looks a bit scared.

Disco Inferno gained overness from this segment.

Rick Rude Has A HUGE Announcement

After the Disco Lounge, We're taken to the office of the Commissioner of the WWF, Rick Rude. Rick Rude is sitting at his desk, And the Commissioner has got a big grin on his face.

Rick Rude- I bet all you people are wondering why I got this big grin on my face. Well, I got huge news! I mean, This is the biggest news ever! A beloved WWF Superstar is returning to the WWF! A man who has not been seen for quite sometime! I mean, A man who is what the WWF is all about. He's one of the greatest wrestlers in this business, And quite frankly, A man who the WWF needs. This man is a man I know some of you fans have been wondering about. I know everyone has been missing this man for quite sometime. It seems like just last week he was standing in this ring, Entertaining all of you. I am proud to announce that next Monday night, This man is returning to the WWF in a live interview. Ladies and gentlemen, Next week, Live from Kansas City, Missouri, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin makes his return!

The announcement is met with boos from the crowd. Monday Night Raw goes to a break with a graphic of Austin shown, Saying next week, "Stone Cold" returns.

Rick Rude lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- "The Party Boy" puts down Kama with the running enziguri kick. (RAW Saturday Night 10/11/97)

Jacobs W/Paul Bearer Vs. Kevin Nash

Hot crowd for this main event, Which was a pretty good match up. This was just a brawl, As Jacobs met Nash on top of the stage and both men fought all over the ringside area. The announcers said both men were angry, Nash for getting beaten down, And Jacobs over the fear of The Undertaker coming to get him. Jacobs had control of things, As Nash was still suffering from the beating he took earlier in the night. Jacobs was quite violent with Nash, But it didn't matter, As Monty Davidson would not disqualify Jacobs. Jacobs rammed Nash into the steel steps and into the steel post, He hit Nash with the ring bell and even nailed Nash with a chair shot to the back. When the match went into the ring, Jacobs over powered the champion, But he wasn't interested in putting Nash away. Jacobs ended up bringing a steel chair into the ring and tried to hit Nash with it, But Nash booted the chair right into Jacobs' face. Nash then shoved Davidson down and started hitting Jacobs with several chair shots! Cactus Jack came down from the back with a steel chair in hand. Jacobs sat up, And Nash was looking to hit him with another chair shot. Jack entered the ring at the same time and swung his chair at Jacobs, But Jacobs ducked and Jack's chair met Nash's, Knocking Nash out! Jacobs choke slammed Jack and covered Nash for the win.

Things weren't done though. Jacobs lifted Nash up and choke slammed Nash one more time! Jacobs then pulled Jack up and tossed Jack out to the floor. Jacobs choke slammed Jack with one hand right on the floor! Jacobs was in a rage, Rolling Jack back into the ring and taking the top part of the steel steps inside with him. Jacobs hit Nash with the steps, And then tossed them right into Jack's face! Bearer entered the ring and handed Jacobs the WWF Championship, Something he could be holding after Sunday night. Jacobs held the title high in the air, However, The lights went off again! The sounds of the ambulance kept playing along with The Undertaker's voice, Shouting the word "revenge" over and over again. Monday Night Raw went off the air as the lights came back on and the announcers yelling over what would happen this Friday night.

84, 90, 72 **1/4

Overall Rating- 80

TV Rating- 5.81

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 4.88

Attendance- 4,503

Ticket Sales- $180,120

ECW Code Red

TV Rating- 4.95

Attendance- 4,505

Ticket Sales- $180,200

USPW Thursday Night Jam

TV Rating- 1.70

Attendance- 601

Ticket Sales- $18,030

Notes

"Scorpio and Sean Waltman didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?" -Pat Patterson

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

News

- WCW have fired Johnny Smith!

- ECW have released Tank Abbott!

- ABWF have released Glen Osbourne!

- USPW have released Dan Spivey!

- NWACI have released Julio Dinero!

- VZF have released Elektra!

- SWF have signed Jinsei Shinzaki to a written contract!

- SWF have signed Jeep Swenson to a written contract!

- SWF have signed independent worker Abdullah The Butcher to a written contract!

- Madusa has agreed to an open contract with SWF!

- Juventud Guerrera has agreed to an open contract with SWF!

- SWF have signed Johnny Smith to a written contract!

- Missy Hyatt has agreed to an open contract with SWF!

- SWF have signed independent worker Nikita Koloff to a written contract!

- Tank Abbott has agreed to an open contract with SWF!

- OLLIE have released Hercules Hernandez!

- USPW have signed British Bulldog to a written contract!

- USPW have signed Bruce Prichard to a written contract!

- CW Anderson has agreed to an open contract with VZF!

IPB Image

Date: October 17, 1997

In Your House "Fury" is just two days away, And tonight, We have got a huge episode Friday Night Mayhem, One that should no doubt play a big part in Sunday's huge pay per view event. On Sunday night, We'll see the heated rivalry between Bret "The Hitman" Hart and the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels finally come to an end when both men face each other in a no holds barred match up. This match has been one of the most anticipated matches in WWF history, And what will happen when Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels square off? But before we get to Sunday's event, We'll see Bret "The Hitman" Hart wrestle in tonight's main event. Hart's opponent is the man who defeated Mark Henry on Monday night, The world's most dangerous man, Ken Shamrock. Shamrock might not be in any kind of shape to wrestle "The Hitman" tonight, But Shamrock has accepted this match. Neither one of these men have faced each other in the past, This is the first time we'll see Shamrock and "The Hitman" collide. Which man will walk away with the win just two days before In Your House? Will Shamrock's In Your House opponent, Mr. Perfect, Show up tonight like he did on Monday Night Raw? This is one of the biggest matches in the history of Friday Night Mayhem.

Rocky Maivia cost Sean Waltman a chance to leave Monday Night Raw as the WWF European Champion, When he got Waltman disqualified during his title match with Scorpio. Maivia says Waltman will not leave In Your House with his WWF Intercontinental Championship, And on Monday night, He made sure Waltman didn't get a chance to win another title. Well, Maivia might not be headed into Sunday's event with a title either, As he'll be defending the WWF Intercontinental Championship against the man whom he defeated for the title, Marty Jannetty. Jannetty lost the title awhile back to Maivia, And has yet to get a rematch with the champion. This is Jannetty's chance, The question is, Can Jannetty become a three time WWF Intercontinental Champion? Or will "The Prince Of The Universe" walk away still the champion? If Jannetty wins, It'll be him versus Waltman this Sunday night!

Vader returned to action last week and was as dominant as ever, Tonight, Vader will step into the ring with the undefeated Luigi Alfredo Rufino. Rufino has been tearing through the WWF, Scoring wins over some of the best wrestlers in the world, However, Can Rufino defeat the man they call Vader? Or will Vader continue his rampage through the WWF? Also, We got the debut of a new light heavyweight, Hector Garza makes his in ring debut when he faces Devon Storm. This should be a hot contest. And, Chavo Guerrero and Ron Killings team up to battle Francis Cloutier and Andrew Martin. We saw Cloutier and Martin viciously attack D'Lo Brown on Monday Night Raw, Injuring D'Lo, Leaving D'Lo laid out. Guerrero and Killings requested this match to show that they can handle wrestlers outside the light heavyweight division, Will we see them score the upset?

Plus, We got the wrestlers from this Sunday's huge triple threat match in attendance. What will happen with Cactus Jack, Kevin Nash and Jacobs in the building? After the events of Monday night, We can expect anything from those three men! Also, We'll be hearing from the WWF Tag Team Champions, Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit. What do both men have to say about their upcoming title match with The Suicide Blonds? Goldust and Hunter Hearst Helmsley are also scheduled for Friday Night Mayhem, As well as Shawn Michaels. This is a episode of Friday Night Mayhem you can't miss, Just two days before In Your House "Fury".

IPB Image

Date: October 17, 1997

Attendance: 7,043

Ticket Sales: $281,720

Vader Vs. Luigi Alfredo Rufino

The undefeated Luigi Alfredo Rufino had quite a challenge for him here tonight, As he took on the monster Vader, Who returned to action last week. Rufino jumped Vader early on in the match, But his blows had little affect on the Rocky mountain monster. Rufino was able to somehow lift Vader up and slam him down with the Trip To New Jersey, But Vader kicked out at two! After that, The match was all Vader. Vader destroyed Rufino, Nailing Rufino with stiff right hands and tossing the Italian mobster around the ring like a rag doll. Vader almost decapitated Rufino with a stiff clothesline, But chose not to end things. Vader powerbombed Rufino and followed up with the Vader Bomb for the impressive win to end Rufino's undefeated streak.

Afterwards, Vader tossed Rufino outside the ring and posed for the fans. Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler hyped Vader up as badder than ever.

71, 72, 70 *1\2

Does The New Era Start Tonight?

We go backstage, Where we see Marissa Mazzola standing by with the world's most dangerous man, Ken Shamrock.

Marissa Mazzola- Ken Shamrock, Tonight is a huge night for you. For the first time ever, You step inside the ring with Bret "The Hitman" Hart. This is the biggest match in your WWF career, And a big match before your match with Mr. Perfect just two days from now. Your thoughts?

Ken Shamrock- You know, Before I came into the WWF, I always heard of how good Bret "The Hitman" Hart was. I always heard people say he was the best in the WWF. They said he was what the WWF was all about. They said he was the most respected guy in this business, But from what I've seen from "The Hitman" as of late, Bret Hart hasn't done anything to back that up. And tonight, I got no problem in believing in the fact that I will run right over Bret Hart. Bret Hart, They say you've never tapped out, But tonight, History will be made when I make you tap out to the ankle lock. And believe me, It will happen.

The crowd boos as Bret "The Hitman" Hart shows up on the scene. Shamrock stares down "The Hitman", Who's in his wrestling gear.

Bret Hart- So, You're gonna make me tap out? You? Ken Shamrock, Let me tell you something, I have never, And will never tap out in my entire career. Tonight, You will see that everyone was right when they said I was best. Because I am the absolute best in this business today. And you will find out first hand when I defeat you in tonight's match. You call yourself the world's most dangerous man, But I will show you that I am alot more dangerous than you. Tonight, When you step inside the ring with me, You will know why I am the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be.

Ken Shamrock- You think so? What are you gonna say when I snap your ankle tonight?

Bret Hart- We'll see about that. I'm sending a message to Shawn Michaels through you.

Bret Hart leaves, And we're left with Shamrock and Marissa. Shamrock doesn't stay long and exits as Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with the announcers hyping tonight's main event between Bret "The Hitman" Hart and Ken Shamrock.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Newest Face Of The Light Heavyweight Division

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Marissa Mazzola standing by with the newest member of the WWF's light heavyweight division, Hector Garza.

Marissa Mazzola- Well, In just a few seconds, This man right here, Hector Garza will step into a World Wrestling Federation ring for the very first time when he faces Devon Storm. Hector Garza, You must be quite excited over this match, What are your thoughts on this match, And what can we expect from you? I mean, What should the WWF fans know about you?

Hector Garza- Marissa, I am a simple Mexican man. A man who wants to live the American dream. See, I work hard, I keep myself in top shape, Never touched drugs or alcohol. Kids, That's something you do not want to touch. Stay away from drugs and alcohol. Go to school, Get an education and make something out of yourselves. And tonight, I am very proud to be making my WWF debut. I know everyone in my family is watching this in Mexico, And I will make them proud. I have watched Devon Storm, He's an amazing athlete, But Devon, Tonight is my night. And God willing, I will come out on top.

Marissa Mazzola- Fans, Lets take you to the ring. Hector Garza is about to make his in ring debut tonight!

Hector Garza rushes out of the set as we go to ringside.

Hector Garza debuted his new gimmick, (Clean Cut) it got a positive response.

Hector Garza Vs. Devon Storm

The fans didn't really seem to care about this match at all. Both men had a good showing tonight, With Storm bringing out his usual insaneness. At one point, Storm tossed Garza into the front row and then catapulted himself over the guardrail with a leg drop to Garza into the audience. Hector Garza looked good out there though, And also busted out some impressive maneuvers. Garza was able to hit a cross body to Storm on the outside and followed up with a slingshot leg drop back into the ring. Garza also used a devastating fireman's carry into a rib breaker to Storm, Getting a near fall over Storm. The ending came when both men were fighting on the top rope. Storm tried to superplex Garza off the top, But Garza countered into a gutbuster from the top. Garza then did a standing shooting star press to Storm for the win.

Hector Garza celebrated his win with the announcers hyping him as a possible contender for the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship.

69, 58, 80 **1/4

Hector Garza gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Rocky Maivia© Vs. "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty

This is a rematch from when Maivia beat Jannetty for the title a few weeks ago. This was a good bout between both men, And the crowd were pumped up for this match up. Jannetty came flying over the top rope onto Maivia during Maivia's entrance, Not waiting for the champ to even get into the ring. Jannetty was a mad man on the outside, As he sent Maivia into the steel steps and then into the steel post. Jannetty rammed Maivia into the guardrail and started to whip Maivia with the title. However, When the match got back into the ring, Maivia caught Jannetty with a samoan drop to take over. Maivia pounded away on Jannetty, And came very close to putting away the party boy. Jannetty fought back though, And caught Maivia with the running enziguri kick for a hot near fall, Almost getting the win. Maivia had caught Jannetty with a powerslam and called for the TGS. Sean Waltman came running down from the back and got up on the apron, Distracting Maivia. While Maivia trash talked Waltman, Jannetty grabbed the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Maivia turned around and Jannetty clocked Maivia with the title! Jannetty covered Maivia as Waltman got off the apron and got the one, two, three to win the title!

The fans were loud as ever as Jannetty celebrated his win. However, The fun didn't last long, As referee Monty Davidson ran down from the back and told referee Tim White what happened. White snatched the belt from Jannetty and awarded it to Maivia, Who ran to the back. White reversed the decision, Giving Maivia the win by DQ! Jannetty wasn't happy and decked Davidson! Maivia posed on top of the stage, Taunting Waltman. Waltman went to leave the ring, But Jannetty held him back, And both men look like they were sharing a few words, Neither looking too happy.

81, 85, 74 **1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Is It Destiny?

Friday Night Mayhem returns with the WWF Tag Team Champions, Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit coming down to the ring to boos from the crowd. The champs enter the ring and pose with their titles before being handed microphones.

Brian Pillman- In just two days we will show the world why we are the best tag team in the entire world today. In just two days, When we defeat The Suicide Blonds two straight falls, The WWF will have no other choice but to name us as the greatest tag team to step foot inside a WWF ring. Simple as that. Since winning the titles in March, We've run right over everyone! Sure, We lost them, But that was like for a week? And we gained it back at the snap of our fingers. See, You people can boo us all you want, But at the end of the day, You know there's no one better than the WWF Tag Team Champions. We've beaten everyone who's stood in our way. We've destroyed everyone. And we got one more team to beat. The Suicide Blonds. Adam Copeland and Christian Cage. Two boys who think they got what it takes to beat us for these titles. You two couldn't get the job done last month, What makes you think you can get it done this Sunday night? It's gonna be us kicking both your ass two straight falls! And when you two can't take it anymore, When you two know you don't stand a chance against us, You'll beg us for mercy, But we won't give any to you! And after our win this Sunday night, Everyone will know never to cross us again!

Chris Benoit- Adam Copeland, Christian Cage, You two have said that ever since you two were kids you wanted to win the WWF Tag Team Championship. Two best friends winning the titles, What a moment it would be if you two actually defeated us, But it isn't going to happen. You two are going to have a very rude awakening this Sunday night when we beat the holy hell out of the two of you! See, You two did take us to the limit last month, But that was one match. And lets face it, As much as you two gave to us, We were better than the two of you. And in the end, We walked out still the WWF Tag Team Champions. Now, This match, It's two out of three falls. What can you guys do to us that you haven't already done? We are going to torture the two of you for two straight falls. There will not be a third fall. It won't be needed. We're going to show everyone of these people why we are unbeatable. Nobody can take these titles from us. And that includes you two! And this Sunday night, You two will get a beating that the two of you will...........

The WWF Tag Team Champions are interrupted by the music of The Suicide Blonds. The Suicide Blonds get a good ovation from the crowd as they stand on top of the stage, Both men hold microphones.

Adam Copeland- It seems like everyone is doubting us. Everyone is thinking that The Suicide Blonds are going to lose this Sunday night. Nobody believes in Adam Copeland and Christian Cage. Nobody thinks we got what it takes to leave In Your House as the new WWF Tag Team Champions. And why is that? Because these two have dominated the WWF's tag team division? Because they've beaten us? Boys, Don't forget, Last month, We beat you two! The only reason we're not the champions is because we won by count out. We should be the WWF Tag Team Champions. But hey, We're not going to let our failure last month get to us. See, You're right, The match on Sunday night will be brutal. It will be the toughest match of our careers. You two are great, great, great wrestlers. No doubt about it. You've beaten us before, And I'm sure you'll do it again. But not this Sunday night. No, It's our destiny to leave In Your House as the new WWF Tag Team Champions. You two think you're simply going to beat us? Make us look like punks? That ain't happening. We've been waiting our entire life's for the chance to prove to the world that we got what it takes. And this Sunday night, It could go two or three falls, But in the end, We're going to leave as the new WWF Tag Team Champions. The era of Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit as the WWF Tag Team Champions is done on Sunday night.

Christian Cage- Brian Pillman, Chris Benoit, Like you said, You two have run rough shot through the WWF's tag team division. We had a shot a few months ago and couldn't win the titles. We beat you last month, But you're still the champions. There will be no more excuses this Sunday night. There will be no more chances for The Suicide Blonds. We know that. We have to get the job done on Sunday night. And we will. You two are looked at as the favorites. Most people think you're just going to annihilate us two straight falls, That you two are going to destroy us like you've destroyed every other tag team you've stepped inside the ring with. But the whole world is going to get shocked on Sunday night when we beat you two. Yes, It's going to be a tough fight, I know you two are going to give us everything you've got. You two are vicious, You'll do anything it takes to retain the titles, But in the end, It's going to be us being crowned the new WWF Tag Team Champions. All you people who doubt us will be proven wrong this Sunday night. Nobody has been good enough to beat Benoit and Pillman, They lost the titles and won them back again just like that, They've been unbeatable. They've hurt opponents, Put opponents on the shelf, But we're not going to be victims this Sunday night. Sunday night is going to be the night of The Suicide Blonds. And when the night is over, Our names will be announced as the new WWF Tag Team Champions, And everyone will know there's a new top team in the WWF, And that team is Christian Cage and Adam Copeland, The Suicide Blonds!

The music of The Suicide Blonds hits, And we go to a commercial break with both teams staring each other down. Who will leave In Your House as the WWF Tag Team Champions?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chavo Guerrero and Ron Killings Vs. Andrew Martin and Francis Cloutier

The WWF wants to make sure that the fans see the light heavyweight's as guys who can also wrestle heavyweight talent, Thus the match was signed. Cloutier spent most of the match announcing, Talking trash about D'Lo while Martin fought off both Guerrero and Killings. Martin was pretty dominant here, Despite the odds being against him. Martin easily tossed around Guerrero and Killings, Dominating the two men. However, The numbers ended up being stacked against him, And Guerrero and Killings both started to double team the big hoss. Martin took a double drop kick from Guerrero and Killings, Sending him out to the floor, Which the two men followed up by diving off the ropes onto Martin on the outside. However, On the outside, Martin tossed Guerrero into the steel post and rammed Killings into the steel steps. Martin rolled Killings back into the ring and called for the Instant Knock Out. However, Cloutier went onto the apron and asked for the tag. Martin ended up tagging in Cloutier, Who waited for Killings to get up. On the outside, Martin pounded on Guerrero, With the referee trying to get him off of Guerrero. What the referee didn't see was D'Lo Brown enter the ring with a chair and nail Cloutier with a shot to the head. D'Lo fled through the crowd, With Martin chasing him. Guerrero and Killings finished off Cloutier with a Frog Splash/450 combo to get the win!

Chavo Guerrero and Ron Killings celebrated their win with Coachman yelling that both men could fight more than light heavyweight's.

81, 74, 88 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Feeling Helmsley's Fury

Goldust is in the ring as Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break. He's got a microphone with him and this huge crowd is chanting for the bizarre one.

Goldust- Hunter Hearst Helmsley, I hope you've been thinking long and hard about what will happen to you this Sunday night. I hope you've been going to church and praying to the good lord above that Goldust won't hurt you within a inch of your life this Sunday night. But you can hope, And you can go to church, It won't matter, Your fate, Your destiny, Is in my hands. And you know what your destiny is? It's me kicking your ass in the no disqualification match! It's Goldust beating the s*** out of you, Making you beg me for mercy! Making you cry like the little b**** you are! It's time for revenge this Sunday night. And when I'm beating the holy hell out of you this Sunday night, You will know that you should have never screwed around with me. Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Your destruction will be this Sunday night. And..........

Boos are heard, Goldust looks at the big screen, Where the image of Hunter Hearst Helmsley is shown. Helmsley is in the interview area.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Goldust, Goldust, Goldust, Could you be more pathetic? Seriously, Could you be more ridiculous? You think I fear you? Hey, You wanna know why I didn't come fight you on Monday night? You had a damn sledgehammer with you. I might be tough, But I ain't stupid. You think I'm going to go into a ambush? I know you're fearing me, That's why you had to try to attack me with a sledgehammer. That's why you want to take me out before our match this Sunday night. You're fearing what I will do to you. And I don't blame you one bit. See, This Sunday night, Everyone thinks I'm going to get my butt kicked by you, But it's going to be the other way around. And when I get you inside the ring, I will hurt you like you've never been hurt before. Sunday night is my night. But you know what? I don't feel like waiting until Sunday night. I want to go down there right now and fight you! I know it's what these morons want to see, And it's something I want to do!

Goldust- Bring your ass down here, Bitch! Come on! I want you right now!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Hey, You think I'm scared of you? You got it, Pal!

The fans are going nuts! Helmsley is shown leaving the interview area, We're going to get a preview of In Your House tonight! Goldust stands in the ring, Waiting for Helmsley. After a few seconds, The fans boo, As it appears Helmsley isn't coming out here. However, The boos get louder when Helmsley enters the ring behind Goldust and nails Goldust with a clothesline to the back of the head! Helmsley must have come in through the crowd! Helmsley starts laying in a few shots on Goldust, Stomping and kicking away at Goldust. Helmsley punches Goldust, But Goldust starts punching Helmsley back! Goldust grabs Helmsley by the neck! However, Helmsley lays a low blow in on Goldust! Pedigree! Goldust is out! The crowd is livid, Booing the hell out of Helmsley, Who stands over Goldust. Helmsley stares down at Goldust, Laughing at the fallen hero.

We go backstage, Where Shawn Michaels is standing by.

Shawn Michaels- Oh my God, It's Shawn Michaels! Yes, Cheer me on people, After all, I'm the only guy in the WWF worth watching. I know what you people are thinking, "who's the moron that kept HBK away from the show for this long?" Well, It's not anybody's fault really, I had some stuff to do, Some important stuff, Couldn't really be bothered to show up until now, But hey, I'm here, And that's all that matters. So, We're just two days away from In Your House. Man, You people need to order that bad boy to see HBK kick Bret "The Hitman" Hart's ass in a no holds barred match! Yeah, I'm sure there will be some other good stuff, But I know why everyone is really ordering the show for, Another classic HBK performance. And people, I will give you a performance you will always remember. But as for tonight, I don't know, I mean, We got Ken Shamrock and Bret Hart in the main event. Yikes! I mean, Shamrock is good, But Bret? Get his ass out of the WWF already! Nobody wants to see Bret Hart around! But hey, Kenny, I know you got this little feud with Rick Martel, I mean, Mr. Perfect, Sorry, Can't really be bothered to remember who you're feuding with, Anyways, I know one of them might come out and try to screw you over, That's why HBK is offering his services. Hell, A guy like "The Hitman" might give you alot of trouble, So I'm just offering to make sure it's fair. And Bret, I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other before Sunday night.

Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with the announcers wondering if HBK will come out to help Ken Shamrock in the main event.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ken Shamrock Vs. Bret Hart

Despite Bret Hart being sluggish in this match, This turned out to be quite the match up. The match started off with both men putting on a wrestling clinic, With the rookie, Shamrock, Out wrestling Hart, Frustrating "The Hitman". Things went Shamrock's way through out the beginning of the match, Until Hart took him outside of the ring and sent him into the steel post. Bret Hart rammed Shamrock's knee into the steel steps and hit Shamrock with a chair shot to the leg behind the referee's back. Shamrock fought back though, And looked to have things won with a big DDT, But Mr. Perfect came down from the back and distracted the referee long enough for Shamrock to only get a two count. With Mr. Perfect at ringside, The announcers wondered if Shawn Michaels was going to make his way to the ring. But as the match went on, It looked like HBK wasn't going to keep his word, As Perfect interfered several times behind the referee's back. Hart even had Shamrock in the Sharpshooter, But Shamrock somehow grabbed the ropes. Around the twelve minute mark, Shamrock caught Hart with a big spinning heel kick. Shamrock followed up with several more offensive maneuvers, And then connected with a big belly to belly suplex to Hart. Shamrock went for the ankle lock, But Perfect got up on the apron. Shamrock knocked Perfect off the apron with a right hand! Bret Hart tried to sneak up on Shamrock, But Shamrock took Hart down to the canvas with a pinning situation and got the win!

Shamrock didn't celebrate for too long as Perfect entered the ring with a steel chair and drilled Shamrock with a shot to the head! Mr. Perfect and Bret Hart stomped away on Shamrock for several minutes, Leaving Shamrock laid out. Both men left the ring together, With the announcers wondering where the hell Shawn Michaels was at.

86, 85, 88 ***3/4

Bret Hart was sluggish and didn't put much effort in.

Ken Shamrock gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Jacobs choke slams Kevin Nash for the huge win. (Monday Night Raw 10/13/97)

Evil Never Dies

Kevin Nash makes his way down to the ring to a huge ovation from the crowd as we return from our final commercial break. Nash doesn't pose or anything, Just grabs the microphone.

Kevin Nash- Monday night was quite the night for me. I got my ass kicked twice. And one of the reasons was due to Cactus Jack. Cactus Jack, You nailed me with a damn steel chair! I want pay back! And Jacobs, You choke slammed me twice! Right now, I want either one of you right now! Come on! The time for talking is over, One of you get your ass down here. Lets not wait until In Your House!

The pyro goes off and the music of Jacobs hits! Jacobs is coming to answer the challenge of the WWF Champion. As he walks down the entrance way, Jacobs is nailed from behind by Cactus Jack! Who's got a steel pipe! Jacobs gets nailed by a shot to the back of the head, Almost knocking him down! Jack nails Jacobs a few more times, Taking down the monster. Nash leaves the ring and he's got a steel chair! Nash nails Jacobs with a shot to the back! Jack and Nash take turns nailing Jacobs, And Jacobs seems out of it! Jack lifts Jacobs up and Nash nails Jacobs with a stiff chair shot to the head! Jack then looks at Nash. Nash kicks Jacobs in the midsection and powerbombs Jacobs off the stage through some tables! Jacobs must be out! Nash stares down Jack before entering the ring. Nash grabs the microphone.

Kevin Nash- Cactus Jack, We took him out, Now, It's time for us to fight!

Jack looks at Nash and tells him it's on. Jack starts walking down the entrance way, But he's interrupted by pyro! The pyro blocks off Jack's way, Not allowing him to go into the ring. Then, Jacobs attacks Jack from behind! Jacobs grabs Jack with one hand and choke slams Jack on the steel stage! Nash just watches as Jacobs then choke slams Jack off the stage! The pyro stops, Leaving the path clear for Jacobs to come into the ring. Jacobs adjusts his gloves and stares at the man in the ring, The WWF Champion. Jacobs begins to slowly walk down the entrance way, But he stops when the lights begin to flicker. The sounds of the ambulance then starts up! On the big screen Time for revenge is written! The ambulance sounds stops and the lights come back on. Jacobs enters the ring and he and Nash start fighting it out! Both men trade blows, And Nash somehow gets the better of the already weakened Jacobs. However, Jacobs somehow choke slams Nash out of nowhere! Jacobs stands over Nash, Looking around the arena as the fans chant "Undertaker". Friday Night Mayhem goes off the air with Jacobs' pyro going off as we get a shot of Jack, Who's out cold on the concrete floor, And of Nash, Who's laid out in the ring. Will Jacobs be this dominant this Sunday night?

Cactus Jack lost overness from this segment.

Overall Rating- 75

TV Rating- 5.83

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Marty Jannetty

"Rocky Maivia and Marty Jannetty didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?" -Pat Patterson

IPB Image

Date: October 18, 1997

Attendance: 7,008

Ticket Sales: $280,320

Darnell Porter Vs. Bobby Duncum Jr.

Porter doesn't seem to be over at all, And instead of using some of the wrestlers on the current roster to job to Porter, The WWF decided that it was best to bring in someone from the outside. Bobby Duncum Jr., Who was on the roster earlier in the year, Was sent in here to make Porter look good. This was all Porter, Despite Duncum being much bigger than the light heavyweight star. Porter won the match after about four minutes of action with the play of the day.

52, 47, 57 DUD

Bobby Duncum Jr. lost overness from this match.

Darnell Porter gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Steve Blackman Vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler

Steve Blackman was hyped as "running through the WWF", Despite only making his "debut" a few weeks ago. This was another bad match, But Lawler's antics got the crowd into it. Lawler refused to wrestle in the beginning, Claiming it was unfair for him to have to wrestle a martial arts, But eventually, He agreed to the match. Lawler controlled things by cheating, But Blackman kept fighting back. After connecting with a series of martial arts maneuvers to Lawler, Blackman finished him off with a pump kick.

64, 67, 58 1\2*

Jerry Lawler lost overness from this match.

Steve Blackman gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Kama Mustafa Vs. Alex Shane

Usual Kama Mustafa squash. Despite all these squashes Kama gets, The guy doesn't seem to get over with the crowd. The young kid, Shane was destroyed right from the opening bell, With Kama just tossing the poor kid around the ring like a rag doll. Kama used "devastating" slams, punches and kicks to Shane, And won the match with a arm bar take over to make Shane submit.

62, 61, 63 3/4*

COMMERCIAL BREAK

John Bradshaw Vs. Johnny Swinger

This match definitely woke up the crowd, As the fans wanted to see the arrogant Swinger get his ass handed to him by the big hoss. Bradshaw had things in control in the first few minutes of the match, But out of nowhere, Swinger caught him with a DDT, Turning the tide of the match. Swinger actually came close to putting away Bradshaw, But his arrogance kept getting the best out of him, As he'd stop taunt the fans during the match. Eventually, Bradshaw made the comeback, And picked up the win with a lariat.

73, 72, 74 **

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Dynasty Vs. The Island Boys

The Island Boys looked to have improved tons since their trip to USWA, As last week, They carried The Godwinns to a enjoyable match, And now, They had another great match, Though, Dynasty aren't slouches by any means. Dynasty got their butts handed to them early on, But changed the match into their momentum after Kanyon pulled down the ropes on Ekmo. Dynasty double teamed Ekmo for several minutes, Keeping the big Hawaiian away from his surf buddy. When Ekmo did make the hot tag, Kimo entered the ring and cleaned house. It looked like The Island Boys were headed for victory, But thanks to Kanyon rolling up Kimo with a hand full of tights, Dynasty scored the win.

76, 68, 85 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- The Vader Bomb ends Rufino's undefeated streak. (Friday Night Mayhem 10/17/97)

Nasty Mike Vs. Scott Taylor

Nasty Mike seems to be the next big thing in the light heavyweight division, As he was met with a big pop during his entrance. Scott Taylor and Nasty Mike had a good showing, About ten minutes total of nonstop action. Scott Taylor and Nasty Mike both used alot of high spots here, With Taylor coming off the ropes with a suicide dive to Mike, While Mike connected with a spring board reverse cross body to Taylor while Taylor was down on the floor. In the end, Nasty Mike scored the win with a victory roll, To cheers from the fans. RAW Saturday Night went off the air with Nasty Mike celebrating his big win.

78, 72, 85 ***

Overall Rating- 59

TV Rating- 2.96

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.90

Attendance- 4,045

Ticket Sales- $161,800

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.90

Attendance- 4,501

Ticket Sales- $180,040

Notes

"Steve Blackman and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Kevin Nash? I think our styles would really work well together." -Jerry Lawler

"John Bradshaw and Johnny Swinger didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?" -Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Ekmo

Edited by Baby Hewey

I love the Nash/Cactus/Jacobs thing. Something tells me Undertaker will return during the PPV match, or he'll return after the match to challenge Jacobs for the title.

Either way, it is an awesomely written storyline. And I can't wait to see how it turns out.

IPB Image

Credit Kempay for the awesome banner

Date: October 19, 1997

Final Card

• World Wrestling Federation Championship

Kevin Nash© Vs. Jacobs Vs. Cactus Jack

• World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Rocky Maivia© Vs. Sean Waltman

• World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

2/3 Falls Match

Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit© Vs. The Suicide Blonds

• No Disqualification Match

Goldust Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

• No Holds Barred Match

Shawn Michaels Vs. Bret Hart

• The Winner Will Get A WWF Championship Match

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Mark Henry

• Rick Martel Vs. Al Snow

• Mr. Perfect Vs. Ken Shamrock

• Francis Cloutier Vs. D'Lo Brown

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night?

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR?

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR?

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc)

5. What's going to be the match before the main event?

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting?

7. Who many falls will the two out of three falls match go to?

8. Who will take the fall in the triple threat match?

9. Who will lose the first fall in the two out of three falls match?

Remember to post reasons for your predictions (Y)