World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Casket Match

The Undertaker© Vs. Bret Hart

I'll take Bret due to interference from jacobs/Lee/Bearer/Bulldog/86 Other People.

Winner: Bret Hart

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

World Wrestling Federation European Championship

Flag Match

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty© Vs. Alex Wright©

Marty just won the title, while Wright has been champion for awhile. This will end in a DQ, with Marty getting the win.

Winner: Marty Jannetty

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Helmsleydust Vs. Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit©

I have been enjoying this feud a lot. Helmseydust is a great team but int he end they don't need the titles as much as Benoit/Pillman do. They are both good enough for singles runs, which they should get soon enough.

Winners: Brian Pillman and Chris Beniot

World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Championship

Four Corners Match

Hakushi© Vs. Craig Finney Vs. Chavo Guerrero Vs. Ron Killings

"THE MAN" who si debuting on Raw had better win the title, or these months of hype mean nothing. I will assume he is a face, so I see Hakushi retaining here.

Winner: Hakushi

Hardcore Match

Cactus Jack Vs. Vader

Vader isn't really going anywhere, while Jack should be made to look strong after dissapearing for months on end.

Winner: Cactus Jack

Two On Three Handicap Match

Kevin Nash and Al Snow Vs. Mr. Perfect, Rocky Maivia and Rick Martel

The heel shave had control over a great deal of this feud, which leads me to believe that Nash & Snow will end up the winners. Shame for Perfect, but I don't think he will be involved with the pinfall anyways.

Winners: Kevin Nash & Al Snow

Shawn Michaels Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Well Austin should lose if this is ending the feud, but I don't think it is. I see a double DQ or something like that to keep things going for a Survivor Series blowoff.

Winner: Draw

Chris Kanyon and Hollywood Holly Vs. Scott Hall and Sean Waltman

Kanyon needs the win, or his "return" will have been pointless. Also, he has creative control so yeah :shifty:

Winners: Scott Hall and Sean Waltman

British Bulldog, Mr. Yokozuna and Simon Diamond Vs. Ahmed Johnson, D'Lo Brown and Ken Shamrock

This seems so thrown together, and the heel side just reek fo generic lackey's. I see the team of actual stars handling the heels although Francis Cloutier could become involved...

Winners: Ahmed Johnson, D'Lo Brown & Ken Shamrock.

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night?

The six man tag

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR?

HBK and Stone Cold

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR?

The six man clusterfuck.

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc)

One.

5. What's going to be the match before the main event?

Cactus Jack Vs. Vader

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting?

Nobody.

7. Who will take the fall in the four corners match? (who will be the loser)

Chavo

8. Who will take the fall in the handicap match? (who will be the loser)

Martel.

Casket Match

This could either way really, but Undertaker vs. Jacobs needs the belt more than anything. Hart could come out with the win when Jacobs interferes, but I just see Taker taking this one and losing it to Austin sometime down the road.

Flag Match

I know you love Wright Hewey, but I love the Party Boy, so I give the win to him.

Helmsley is ready to turn, and the only way I could see it happening is right now. Benoit and Pillman are great champions and still think that the Suicide Blondes are going to be the ones to take it from Benoit and Pillman later on down the road.

Four Corners Match

While the Light Heavyweight Division push has kinda fallen back to the RSN scene, I still think Hakushi is going to take this one, but Chavo is going to have some sort of big thing happen him to here so he can still look somewhat strong. I got beats though that Hakushi loses it on Monday to the new guy though.

Hardcore Match

Cactus Jack Vs. Vader

Cactus just came back, and Vader is kinda of just there. Cactus after some crazy spots and losing another ear. :)

This is hard, Snow and Rocky are being pushed like hell, but Snow is going to pin Maivia no doubt and Nash is gonna crack some skulls.

More hard predictions Hewey, but Austin gets the win as I see ol' HBK is going to be going out the door here soon. I see Austin taking this one, but he will either cheat or HBK will snap and Austin will win by DQ, nobody is going over clean in this one.

Hall is going to replace HBK as the top heel in the main event here soon, so they probably should win even if I think Kanyon and Holly are still in for a huge push.

British Bulldog, Mr. Yokozuna and Simon Diamond Vs. Ahmed Johnson, D'Lo Brown and Ken Shamrock

Three jobbers from the Adminstration vs. three guys who are getting pushed to the top... who do you think is going to win?

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Party Boy vs. Wright

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Austin vs. Michaels

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? The Six Man.

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 1

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? Austin vs. Michaels

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? No one will debut

7. Who will take the fall in the four corners match? (who will be the loser) Finney

8. Who will take the fall in the handicap match? (who will be the loser) Martel

Casket Match

I would normally say the Undertaker because it's his type of match but I'm going for Bret due to Undertaker seemingly having new opponents lined up that (unless your EWR has them way more over than I think) would hurt the title image. Bret as a heel champ does create the HBK possibility which is hard to resist!

Flag Match

Jannetty because of his short reign.

I say Pillman and Benoit because they are looking strong. I don't think Helsmleydust need the titles to be entertaining.

Four Corners Match

I think trade the title to Chavo and set up a singles match between the two for the next PPV.

Hardcore Match

Cactus Jack Vs. Vader

Cactus has looked good, I say him.

It's hard for any two men to beat three.

Austin, his star is growing.

Kanyon and Holly, who will then push on for the Tag Team Titles.

Shamrock's team. The Administration are strong enough to put the other guys over.

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Six-Man

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Austin vs. Michaels

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Six-Man

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 2

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? Austin vs. Michaels

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? Gangrel

7. Who will take the fall in the four corners match? (who will be the loser) Finney

8. Who will take the fall in the handicap match? (who will be the loser) Perfect

Edited by CraigOrion

IPB Image

credit KillingsVSCena for the awesome banner

Date: August 24, 1997

Attendance: 15,680

Ticket Sales: $940,800

Pay Per View Revenue: $3,475,000

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Vince McMahon

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Vince McMahon- Welcome to the 1997 SummerSlam! We are live from the Continental Arena, In East Rutherford, New Jersey! This is the hottest event of the summer, The 1997 World Wrestling Federation SummerSlam! Hello, Everyone, I'm Vince McMahon, Alongside "Handsome" Dok Hendrix. And Dok Hendrix, This is the tenth annual SummerSlam, The biggest SummerSlam of all time! Over fifteen thousand fans have jam packed the Continental Arena tonight to see this event, Not a seat to be found empty tonight. And the 1997 version of SummerSlam promises to truly be hotter than hell. We got the casket match for the WWF Championship, Who will leave as the champion? The Undertaker or Bret Hart? We got the wrestling classic between Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin, A flag match, A handicap match, And plenty more! Dok Hendrix, These fans know what to expect, But from your point of view, What will we see happen tonight? You been inside the locker room, What's the thoughts on these men's minds tonight?

Dok Hendrix- Vinnie, I'll tell you what, I been passing by the locker rooms here tonight. These men are ready. Each and everyone of these men are ready to give it everything they have tonight. I've spoken to a few men here, And they know it's do or die tonight. This is the second biggest event of the WWF. And you know, Everyone is talking about tonight's event. We might not be in some motorcycle rally, But we got the talent, Baby! We got the biggest stars in one event tonight. This will be a event like no other. These guys aren't old men stumbling around in the ring, They're the best in the world. And you asked on who would leave tonight as the WWF Champion, You know, All these fans see Undertaker walking out of here still the WWF Champion, But in my mind, Bret "The Hitman" Hart is leaving SummerSlam as a four time WWF Champion. Sure, It might be a casket match, But Bret Hart will find a way to leave with the title tonight.

Vince McMahon- Well, I will have to disagree with that one. I think The Undertaker will leave SummerSlam still the World Wrestling Federation Champion. The Undertaker has been the most dominant WWF Champion of all time, And I just don't see "The Hitman" beating him tonight. We also got a match that promises to be a true wrestling classic. Perhaps, The greatest wrestling match of all time. It'll be "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels locking it up tonight. Both these men have had a heated rivalry. Both men also claim to be the best pure wrestler in the WWF, And we'll find out which man truly is the best. We also got a handicap match up. It'll be Envy taking on Al Snow and Kevin Nash. This will mark Mr. Perfect's return to the ring after being injured back in January. What kind of shape is Mr. Perfect in? The WWF Intercontinental and European titles will also be on the line when Marty Jannetty and Alex Wright face off in a flag match. Plus, We got plenty of more action here tonight.

Dok Hendrix- The flag match should be very interesting to see. I love the USA, I am American all the way, But, I will be cheering for the German, Alex Wright tonight. I cannot stand Marty Jannetty and his shenanigans. Wright will walking out of SummerSlam with two titles tonight. As for the handicap match, I actually got to speak with Envy tonight. They are ready. And lets not forget, They have outsmarted Nash and Snow for weeks now. And Rocky Maivia holds two straight wins over the so called genetic wonder. No one has beaten Nash back to back, No one! And McMahon, Austin versus Michaels will be the next classic match. They are two of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Both men have dominated the WWF, But tonight, The best wrestler will win it. Which man will it be, You ask, Well, In my view, It'll be Steve Austin. He defeated HBK on Monday night, And he'll defeat HBK again tonight. Steve Austin is the next icon here, And he's leaving SummerSlam with the win. The "Stone Cold" era begins tonight.

Vince McMahon- That remains to be seen. I do agree that the Shawn Michaels/Steve Austin match should be a match to remember. And fans, We're going to start off the night with the fast and furious action of the light heavyweight's. We got a four corners match for the coveted WWF Cruiserweight Championship! It'll be the mysterious Hakushi defending the title against the former champion, Chavo Guerrero, The skater, Craig Finney, And the man from Compton, Ron Killings. Which light heavyweight will leave with the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship? Lets take you to the ring for this match up, Which will kick off the tenth annual SummerSlam!

Four Corners Match

Referee- Mike Chioda

The WWF was smart to put this match up first, As the crowd wasn't into this match much. This was the usual four corners match, With everyone quickly breaking off every pin attempt made. The match started off with every man getting some quick near falls on the other, But everyone was there to make the save attempt. Killings and Guerrero quickly tossed Finney and Hakushi to the outside, And then, Dove off the ropes onto Finney and Hakushi on the outside. Killings almost won the title early on, As around the three minute mark, He came off the middle ropes with a scissors kick to Finney, But Chavo broke up the pin attempt just in time. Killings didn't seem to like that one bit, And nailed Chavo with a right hand. Both men then fought each other while Hakushi and Finney went at it. Hakushi came off the ropes with a beautiful asai moonsault to Finney on the outside while Chavo Guerrero got a big near fall over Killings with a tornado DDT. Hakushi tried to mist Finney early on, But Finney shielded himself, Using his skateboard to block off the mist. Finney got upset over Hakushi misting his board, And hit Hakushi with the board, Right over the back, Taking Hakushi out of the match! It went down to a three way inside the ring. With Finney working with both Killings and Guerrero to try to take out the other man. Soon, Both men got tired of Finney's crap and turned on the skater. Guerrero and Killings took Finney out with a doomsday device type move, With Killings connecting with a missile drop kick instead of a clothesline. This allowed Guerrero and Killings to fight each other for awhile. Soon, Finney came back into the match and hit both men with super kicks. All three men came close to winning the title, First, Finney caught Guerrero with the Parental Advice, But Killings made the save in a big way, Coming off the top with a leg drop to the back of Finney's head. Then, Guerrero connected with a brainbuster, Followed by the Frog Splash to Killings, But Finney put Killings' feet on the ropes. Killings almost walked out with the title when he pinned both Finney and Guerrero after hitting both men with side kicks, But both Finney and Guerrero kicked out. The match came to an end around the thirteen minute mark. Finney, Guerrero and Killings were all fighting in the center of the ring. Killings kicked Chavo in the midsection and punched Finney in the face. Killings came off the ropes attempting a hurricanrana to Chavo, But Chavo caught Killings in midair and held him in a powerbomb position. Finney quickly spring boarded off the ropes with a clothesline to Killings, Causing Chavo to powerbomb Killings in half! Killings rolled out to the floor. This left Chavo and Craig to fight it out. Finney was taken down by a tornado DDT, And Guerrero went up top. Chavo Guerrero went for the Frog Splash, But Finney moved out of the way! Before Finney could capitalize, Hakushi got up on the apron. Hakushi spit the red mist right into Finney's eyes, Without the referee seeing it! Hakushi then springboarded back into the ring, Jumping over Finney, Catching Chavo with a Lou Thez press! Hakushi covered Chavo Guerrero and got the win!

Hakushi was handed the title and posed with it, Sticking out his red tongue. Hakushi left the ring with the title over his shoulder while the other three men were still down. Hakushi posed on top of the stage, Holding the title over his head.

Winner by Pin Fall and STILL World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Champion: Hakushi

65, 65, 82 **3/4

Vince McMahon- Hakushi retains his title here at SummerSlam! How about that? Hakushi was looked at as the underdog heading into this match, And was taken out early on, But he somehow walked out of SummerSlam still the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion! What a great match up! These light heavyweight's can do things no one else can do in the ring. Hakushi has been champion for well over a month, And since then, He's defended the title against all comers. It should be interesting to see if the man behind the mask will come after Hakushi and the prestigious WWF Light Heavyweight Championship. Remember, He debuts tomorrow night on Monday Night Raw!

Dok Hendrix- Vinnie, You're right, There is nothing like the WWF's light heavyweight division. These men can do anything, Hell, They're always putting their bodies on the line with their high risk, Death defying offense. Hakushi walked into SummerSlam as the underdog, He got hit by Finney's skateboard, But he somehow managed to walk out of SummerSlam still the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion. Hakushi is a true champion. I would have liked to see Finney leave as the champion, But I'm glad neither Guerrero or Killings got the belt.

Vince McMahon- Well, I'm sure we'll see Chavo Guerrero, Craig Finney and Ron Killings all get future title shots, As all three men are quite deserving of the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship. Chavo Guerrero is the former champion, And the first ever WWF Light Heavyweight Champion. Chavo Guerrero has yet to get a rematch with Hakushi in singles action. As for Killings, He holds a pin fall over Hakushi. And Finney has impressed everyone with his performances. And fans, Tomorrow night, The man behind the mask debuts on Monday Night Raw.

Referee- Monty Davidson

Francis Cloutier was shown watching this match from a monitor in the back. Vince McMahon wondered why Monty Davidson was the referee here, As he was clearly pro Administration, But Hendrix said that Davidson was chosen because he's the best referee in the business. The men against the administration started off red hot, Clearing the ring. D'Lo Brown tossed Simon Diamond to the outside while Shamrock clotheslined Davey Boy Smith out to the floor. Then, All three men took turns beating down Mr. Yokozuna. All three men came off the ropes with clotheslines to Mr. Yokozuna, But they could not take Mr. Yokozuna off of his feet! Johnson then shoulder tackled Mr. Yokozuna, Finally taking Mr. Yokozuna down! Shamrock and Johnson then clotheslined Mr. Yokozuna to the outside, With D'Lo baseball sliding Mr. Yokozuna in the face. Monty Davidson was pissed big time, And threatened to disqualify the face team. The Administration took control of things when it went down to D'Lo Brown and Mr. Yokozuna in the ring. D'Lo connected with several right hands to Mr. Yokozuna, But when he came off the ropes, He got caught and samoan dropped to the canvas. Bulldog, Yokozuna and Diamond triple teamed D'Lo, At times, In front of Davidson, Who just ignored it. D'Lo Brown took a hell of a beating at the hands of the Administration, With Bulldog planting D'Lo with the Running Powerslam around the six minute mark. Bulldog tagged in Mr. Yokozuna, Who dragged D'Lo over to the corner. Mr. Yokozuna went for the Bonzai Drop, But took way too long, Causing D'Lo to move out of the way! D'Lo then made the hot tag to Ahmed Johnson! Johnson entered the ring and cleaned house! Bulldog got taken down by a stiff clothesline, Mr. Yokozuna got slammed down, And Diamond took a shoulder block! Shamrock and D'Lo got back into the ring and all six men went at it. Shamrock and D'Lo clotheslined both Mr. Yokozuna and Simon Diamond to the outside. D'Lo then went up top and jumped off the top with a big cross body to both Mr. Yokozuna and Diamond on the outside! Inside the ring, Ahmed Johnson was getting nailed by right hands from Davey Boy Smith, But felt nothing from it! Johnson growled and kicked Bulldog in the midsection. Johnson ran down Bulldog with three clotheslines and followed up with a spinebuster! Johnson lifted Bulldog up and connected with the Pearl River Plunge for the win!

Mr. Yokozuna and Simon Diamond helped Bulldog to the back while Shamrock, Johnson and Brown celebrated their victory. Johnson and Shamrock posed on the ropes while D'Lo stayed in the center of the ring. Then, Ten men dressed all in black with masks jumped the guardrail and entered the ring, Attacking D'Lo from behind! The ten beat down and stomped on D'Lo! Johnson and Shamrock quickly went to D'Lo's aid, Fighting off the men! Johnson and Shamrock tossed the men to the outside, Who left through the crowd! D'Lo got up, Looking pissed off saying he knows who sent these men after him.

Winners by Pin Fall: Ahmed Johnson, D'Lo Brown and Ken Shamrock

67, 76, 73 **

Vince McMahon- Ahmed Johnson, D'Lo Brown and Ken Shamrock pick up the win tonight! But who were those men that jumped D'Lo? They didn't look like wrestlers to me! Is this another one of Cloutier's doings? Did he sent these men after D'Lo tonight? Francis Cloutier is the kind of man who would do something like this!

Dok Hendrix- Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Hang on, Just sec. Who says Cloutier sent these men? Cloutier wouldn't get some random fans to jump D'Lo. He'd get some real tough guys. Not some little skinny guys to do the job. And second of all, Cloutier doesn't sweat D'Lo, McMahon. Who's to say the Administration didn't get these men to try to take out D'Lo?

Vince McMahon- Why just D'Lo then? They went right after D'Lo! And remember when those men jumped Nash a few weeks back? You're telling me Francis Cloutier didn't have anything to do with that? Cloutier is a con artist! He gets people to do his dirty deeds for him, And he walks away unharmed. He got these men to jump D'Lo Brown tonight!

Dok Hendrix- McMahon, You and your crazy conspiracy theories.

Vince McMahon- Don't insult my intelligence Mr. Hendrix.

Dok Hendrix- What intelligence?

Chris Kanyon and Hollywood Vs. Scott Hall and Sean Waltman

Referee- Teddy Long

Chris Kanyon and Hollywood Holly had a big entrance, With a red carpet leading them down the entrance way. Also, There was a ton of photographers taking pictures of both men as they walked down to the ring. Both men posed for a long while in the ring, With Kanyon looking in great shape. The match started off with Scott Hall and Hollywood. Scott Hall asked for Kanyon to get tagged in, But Kanyon wouldn't do it. Hall dominated Hollywood early on, Taking down Hollywood with a few right hands and running down Hollywood with a clothesline. Scott Hall rammed Hollywood's head into the turnbuckles several times, But as he came off the ropes, Hollywood caught him with a back elbow to the face, And then followed up with a slam. Kanyon was jumping up and down, Begging for the tag, And Hollywood tagged him in. Kanyon did a few stomps on Hall, And then took Hall to the corner and started chopping Hall. Kanyon got too over confident, And began to pose for the photographers at ringside, Which allowed Hall to clothesline Kanyon down. Hall mocked Kanyon, And posed for the photographers. Hall beat the living hell out of Kanyon and tagged in Waltman. Waltman and Hall both double teamed Kanyon, Begging for Hollywood to do something about it, But Hollywood just stayed on the apron. Hollywood and Kanyon didn't get the advantage until Hollywood lowered down the ropes as Waltman was coming off of them, Causing Waltman to spill outside. Hollywood did a number on the outside while Kanyon taunted Hall. Hollywood sent Waltman into the steel steps and tossed Waltman into the steel post. Hollywood and Kanyon did a number on Waltman, With Kanyon using plenty of suplexes on Waltman. Hendrix was amazed, And McMahon even gave Kanyon some credit. Kanyon was called the innovator of offense by the announcers, As he picked apart Waltman with offensive maneuvers never seen before. Of course, Hollywood got the big boot/leg drop combo on Waltman, And only got a one count, Causing him to throw a fit. Chris Kanyon mocked Hall several times, Doing a few of the old Razor Ramon taunts. Sean Waltman looked like he was going to make the hot tag to Hall a few times, But Hollywood and Kanyon were always there to break it up. Hollywood and Kanyon set up Waltman for a double suplex, But Waltman countered out of it in a big way, Planting both men with a DDT! Waltman made the tag to Hall, Who rushed into the ring. Hall ran down both Hollywood and Kanyon with clotheslines and rammed both men's heads into one another! Sean Waltman got back into things, Drilling Kanyon with a spinning heel kick and then doing the bronco buster to Kanyon in the corner. Scott Hall clotheslined Hollywood out to the floor and catapulted Waltman over the ropes onto Hollywood! Chris Kanyon saw his chance and took out a pair of brass knuckles from his tights. Hall turned around and got nailed by a right hand from Kanyon, But Kanyon only got two! Sean Waltman tossed Hollywood into the steps while Kanyon slowly lifted Hall up. Kanyon tried to Outsider's Edge Hall, But Hall escaped! Hall then kicked Kanyon in the midsection and planted Kanyon with the Outsider's Edge! Hall covered, But lifted Kanyon up at two. Hall lifted Kanyon back up and planted Kanyon with another Outsider's Edge! Hall covered, And got the one, two, three!

Scott Hall and Sean Waltman celebrated their victory while Hollywood helped Kanyon to the back, Dragging Kanyon backstage like he's done so many times. Scott Hall and Sean Waltman left the ring and went out into the crowd to celebrate their big victory.

Winners by Pin Fall: Scott Hall and Sean Waltman

69, 78, 78 **1\2

Vince McMahon- Ha! Ha! Ha! Welcome back, Chris Kanyon! Kanyon got planted with not one, But two Outsider's Edge! Ha! Ha! Ha! Chris Kanyon did not have the comeback he wanted to have tonight! How dominant was Scott Hall tonight? The bad guy is one of the top WWF Superstars, And he's WWF for life! What a win!

Dok Hendrix- McMahon, That's not funny! Chris Kanyon might be injured once again! He took two Outsider's Edge! That's unheard of! He could be seriously injured! He was on the shelf for like a year, And now, He might be back on it, Thanks to that moron, Scott Hall! I hate that guy! And his little grease rat, Waltman!

Vince McMahon- Chris Kanyon got what he deserved!

Dok Hendrix- What? How can you say that?

Vince McMahon- He and Hollywood Holly had a whole big plan, They had the huge entrance, Kanyon even used the brass knuckles, But he didn't count on Scott Hall's dominance tonight! Kanyon thought he was going to make a monkey out of Scott Hall, But that didn't happen! And you have to wonder what will happen between these two teams next. SummerSlam has been a tremendous event thus far. And it's only going to get better!

Flag Match

Referee- Charles Robinson

This one was definitely a match of the year candidate. Marty Jannetty and Alex Wright tore down the house here tonight. And considering the "object on a pole" matches are rarely anything special, These two men definitely showed everyone they got what it takes. The rules were simple enough, First man to grab their flag wins it all. Alex Wright jumped Jannetty right from the get go. Wright stomped Jannetty into the ground and quickly went to grab his flag, But Jannetty pulled Wright off the ropes and punched the living heck out of Wright. Both men went for their flags several times, But the other man would quickly pull the other one off the top rope. Things picked up when Jannetty sent Wright and himself out to the floor with a cross body. On the outside, Jannetty came charging at Wright, But Wright dropped Jannetty down across the guardrail. Alex Wright rammed Jannetty into the steel ring post and dropped Jannetty down across the announce table. Alex Wright dominated Jannetty in the ring, He stomped a mud hole on Jannetty and hit Jannetty with chops in the corner. Wright mocked Jannetty, Yelling out, "I can dance!" and started doing his old dance routing. Alex Wright came close to winning it several times, But Jannetty was always there to stop Wright from getting the victory. Jannetty even took three German suplexes from Wright, One after the other, But he would not stay down. Wright took Jannetty out with a stiff lariat and went to the outside, Bringing a steel chair into the ring. Wright tried to behead Jannetty with the chair, But Jannetty kicked the chair onto Wright's face, Busting Wright open! Jannetty followed up by hitting Wright with several chair shots to the back and then whipping Wright into the corner. Jannetty sat the chair down, And from the opposite corner, He came running at Wright, Jumping off the chair, With a right hand to Wright! Jannetty went outside and looked under the ring, Bringing out a ladder! Jannetty entered the ring with the ladder and hit Wright in the ribs and back several times. Jannetty set up the ladder in the corner and then catapulted Wright onto the ladder! Jannetty slammed Wright down and then set up the ladder and began to climb it. Jannetty then jumped off the ladder with a leg drop to Wright! It looked like Jannetty was on his way to leaving SummerSlam as a double champion, But as he went to grab the flag, Wright tossed the steel chair right at Jannetty, Hitting Jannetty over the back! Jannetty lost his balance and got straddled on the ropes. Alex Wright slowly got up. He started going for his flag, And slowly made his way to the pole. As he reached out to grab his flag, Jannetty, In a last ditch effort, Tossed the steel chair right onto Wright's head, Knocking Wright off the top rope, Sending Wright out to the floor! Jannetty then pulled down the American flag for the victory!

The fans gave Jannetty a big ovation as he was handed both titles. The referee checked on Alex Wright, Who appeared to be out cold on the outside. Jannetty took both titles and posed with them to cheers from the crowd. Alex Wright was helped to the back while Jannetty posed with both titles. Jannetty took both titles and headed up the entrance way. Jannetty posed with both titles on top of the stage before heading to the back.

Winner and NEW World Wrestling Federation European Champion: Marty Jannetty

80, 82, 97 ****1\2

The WWF European title has gained in image.

Vince McMahon- Marty Jannetty has done it! Marty Jannetty has left SummerSlam with two titles! What a win! What a victory for the party boy! Marty Jannetty somehow defeated Alex Wright tonight! What a match! America stands tall tonight at SummerSlam! Marty Jannetty has had a amazing 1997, And he can say he left the tenth annual SummerSlam as a double champion.

Dok Hendrix- I gotta admit it, Jannetty and Wright put on one hell of a match. It was one of the best matches I have ever seen. I thought for sure Alex Wright was leaving with the title, But in the end, Jannetty came out on top. Marty Jannetty is now a double champion! But McMahon, Is Jannetty ready for what awaits him? He's now got two titles to defend. Two different sets of challengers going after his titles. Does Jannetty have what it takes?

Vince McMahon- Dok Hendrix, Marty Jannetty has impressed everyone as of late. He's ready for anything and everything. And Marty Jannetty said it, He told Alex Wright that Wright was worrying too much about this match, Perhaps, That's what cost Wright the match. Marty Jannetty is now the WWF Intercontinental and European Champion, Partymania is alive at SummerSlam!

Hardcore Match

Cactus Jack Vs. Vader

Referee- Jack Doan

Everyone knew this was going to be out of control as soon as Cactus Jack made his way to the ring carrying a trash can full of weapons. Vader wore a large bandage over his head, Where he got attacked at Friday Night Mayhem. Vader jumped Jack right from the beginning of the match up. Both men slugged it out, With Vader pounding the hell out of Jack in the corner. Within two minutes, Cactus Jack was busted open from the nose. Vader took out a road sign from Jack's trash can and hit Jack with it over the head and body several times. The match soon went to the outside, Where Vader destroyed Jack, Sending Jack into the steel steps and then into the steel guardrail. Vader lifted Jack up over his head and tossed Jack onto the steel guardrail. The match soon got nasty, As Jack took out a small hammer from under the ring and hit Vader with it in the leg and then over the head! This caused Vader to start bleeding. Jack rammed Vader's bloodied face onto the steel post and steps and soon, They made their way to the stage. Jack rammed Vader's head into the big SummerSlam logo and then followed up with a swinging neck breaker on the steel! Cactus Jack climbed up on a piece of the stage and attempted to come off it with a elbow drop to Vader, But Vader moved out of the way, And Jack hit the steel! Vader then grabbed Jack and tossed Jack off of the stage, Right through a table! Vader showed no mercy, He walked down the stage and went after Jack. But Vader was too slow, Which had allowed Jack to recover and toss powder into Vader's face. Both men soon made their way back to the ringside. Jack exposed the concrete floor and planted Vader with a DDT on the exposed floor! Jack got up on the apron and took the trash can from the ring. Jack tossed the can onto Vader and then came off the apron with a elbow drop to Vader. The match went back inside the ring. Jack took a leather strap and whipped Vader with it like a dog. Jack choked the life out of Vader, But Vader would not give up. Cactus Jack even applied the Mandible Claw to Vader, But he wouldn't let the referee count Vader down. Jack left the ring and looked under it. Jack then pulled a large bag from under the ring. Jack entered the ring and emptied out the bag, With thumbs tacks falling all over the ring! Jack lifted Vader up and began punching the bloodied Vader. Jack tried to get Vader to fall down onto the tacks, But Vader would not go down. Jack came charging at Vader, But Vader caught him and powerslammed Jack onto the thumb tacks! The fans were going nuts as Jack rolled around the tacks. Vader lifted Jack up and tossed Jack out to the floor. Vader went out after Jack and powerbombed Jack on the exposed concrete floor! Vader rolled Jack's lifeless body back into the ring while the announcers reminded us that last time Vader powerbombed Jack on the floor, Jack was put out of action for months. Vader went back into the ring and entered the ring. Vader stared down at Jack as the huge crowd chanted "Vader". Vader pulled Jack up and powerbombed Jack onto the tacks! Vader dragged Jack to the corner and started climbing. He looked at the crowd, And went all the way up top! Vader came off the top with a picture perfect moonsault to Jack! Vader covered Jack and got the one, two, three.

Vader stood tall as the referee checked on Cactus Jack. The fans chanted Vader's name as he looked down on Jack, Both men bleeding, With tacks all over their bodies. Vader left the ring with his music playing while Jack was checked on by paramedics.

Winner by Pin Fall: Vader

78, 91, 81 ***1\4

Vince McMahon- What a match! Vader has defeated Cactus Jack! Vader has destroyed Jack! What a violent affair! I have never seen anything like this before! Cactus Jack's body is covered in thumb tacks! Look at that! Paramedics have rushed to the ring to check on Cactus Jack. This was a brutal match. Cactus Jack has got to be in serious pain. Fans, We're not used to seeing things like this in the World Wrestling Federation, We're not used to violence like this, But you had to know something was going to give tonight between these two men. These two men hate each other, And you know something violent was going to happen tonight.

Dok Hendrix- Vince, Whether you like Cactus Jack or not, You have got to give it up to him. Look at him, For God's sake! He's almost dead! His body is full of thumb tacks! Vader has destroyed Cactus Jack tonight. Vader was as violent as I have ever seen him be. First, He dropped Jack onto the tacks, Then, He powerbombed Jack on the concrete floor, Then, He powerbombed Jack on the tacks! And to finish it off, He came off the top with a moonsault to Jack! I have never seen anything this extreme in my life. But is the feud over? Knowing Cactus Jack, He'll be back for more.

Vince McMahon- Well, Cactus Jack has been known to return for more, But I don't think he'll be coming after Vader. Not after a beating like this. Vader purely dominated Cactus Jack. The paramedics are getting Jack out of here, And certainly, The fans are appreciating Jack's efforts. In the WWF, The wrestlers give it all they have. This wasn't a match that had women's shoes being thrown into the ring, No, I dare say, This was the most brutal match in the history of the WWF. Vader himself mentioned that as of late he's been in a slump, But tonight, At SummerSlam, Vader has once again proven himself to be the true monster of the WWF.

Dok Hendrix- Vader has gotten his edge back, Plain and simple. I've seen Vader dish out something beatings. I mean, Real beatings. He's broken bones, Crushed skulls, Left men bloodied. But he has never done anything like this. Everyone expected Jack to walk away with the win, As he's in his element in these matches, But he, And nobody else, Expected Vader to turn up his game like this. Look at them! These people are trying to clean up the ring for the next match. Look at the blood. Look at all the thumb tacks. There's blood all over the concrete floor. If Cactus Jack returns from this, He's the sickest man I will ever know.

Vince McMahon- Cactus Jack was just out of action until last month due to being involved in the brutal hell in the cell match with Shawn Michaels, But he dished out more on Michaels than he took. But tonight, Vader was dominant. And with a performance like that, You have to think that Vader will definitely be up there in the list as one of the top contenders for the WWF Championship. Could he get the next title shot? I'd love to see Vader fight either The Undertaker or Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

Referee- Tim White

This match turned out to be very, very good. And the crowd was well into this match up. McMahon did a great job of getting Benoit and Pillman over as men who don't care for their opponents, And men who will do anything to walk away with the victory. Before the match started, They showed the clips of Pillman's attack on Marlena. Goldust started off going after both Benoit and Pillman while Helmsley watched from his corner. Goldust fought off both Benoit and Pillman, And tossed Benoit outside, So he could get Pillman alone in the ring. Goldust did a number on Pillman. Goldust pummeled Pillman with right hands and smashed Pillman's head into the turnbuckles several times. Goldust hit Pillman with stiff right hands and tossed Pillman to the outside, Onto Benoit! Goldust went outside after them, While Helmsley just stood in his corner, Watching. Goldust did quite well, He rammed Pillman into the steel post and sent Benoit into the steel steps. Goldust grabbed the ring bell and tried to hit Benoit with it, But Pillman snatched it from Goldust and hit Goldust right in the face with the bell! The referee didn't see this, As Benoit had him distracted. Inside the ring, Pillman did a number on Goldust. Pillman choked and stomped down Goldust, And started to taunt Goldust, Insulting both Goldust and Marlena. Benoit then got tagged in and proved himself to be the crippler, As he used plenty of suplexes on Goldust and wore down the former WWF Intercontinental Champion with submission maneuvers. Though, He couldn't get the Crippler Crossface in on Goldust. Goldust took a long beating, And Benoit and Pillman showed no mercy on Goldust. They double teamed Goldust behind the referee's back several times, With at one point, Both suplexing Goldust on the outside. Goldust was almost put away early on by Benoit's Diving Headbutt from the top, But Goldust somehow kicked out. Pillman and Benoit both tried to apply their finishers on Goldust, But Goldust would not let them lock it in. Goldust would fight off like a mad man, But whatever offense Goldust got in on either men would go away quickly. Goldust finally got a break around the thirteen minute mark. Benoit and Pillman set up Goldust for a German suplex/drop kick combo, But As Pillman went for the drop kick, Goldust escaped Benoit's grasp, And Pillman drop kicked Benoit! Goldust then planted Pillman with a DDT! Goldust crawled and went to tag in Helmsley, But Helmsley wouldn't reach his hand out! Goldust looked a bit confused, And tried again, But Helmsley would not reach out. Goldust stood up and asked Helmsley what was going on. Helmsley reached out for the tag, But as Goldust neared, Helmsley grabbed Goldust's neck and snapped it off the ropes! Goldust stumbled backwards into Pillman's Cross Arm Sleeper! Goldust tried to fight out of it, And screamed for Helmsley to do something, But Helmsley dropped down from the apron! Goldust tried to make it to the ropes, But Pillman dragged him to the center of the ring. Goldust tried one last time, But as he neared the ropes, Benoit kicked his hands away! Goldust knew there was nowhere to go and tapped out.

The fans were not pleased and booed the hell out of the champions. Benoit and Pillman took their titles and left the ring. Both men posed on top of the stage before heading backstage. Helmsley entered the ring and stared down Goldust, Who was starting to get up. The fans rained down on Helmsley with boos as he helped Goldust up. Goldust asked Helmsley why he didn't help him, But all he got was a kick to the gut, And then the Pedigree! Helmsley left the ring and grabbed a steel chair. Helmsley entered the ring with the steel chair and dropped the chair down. Helmsley lifted Goldust up and tied Goldust's arms back against the ropes. Helmsley grabbed the chair and taunted the fans with it. Helmsley looked at Goldust, Telling Goldust to look right into his eyes. Helmsley swung the chair and hit Goldust with a violent shot to the head! Helmsley tossed the chair down and posed. Helmsley then went over to Goldust and told them "no more Helmsleydust". Helmsley left the ring with the fans booing him while Goldust was checked on by the referee.

Winners by Submission and STILL World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions: Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit

78, 84, 90 ***3/4

Chris Benoit gained overness from this match.

Brian Pillman gained overness from this match.

Vince McMahon- I can't believe this! What sick actions by Helmsley! Hunter Hearst Helmsley is one cold hearted human being! The months of friendship between these two men, And Helmsley just turns on Goldust! I am sickened to my stomach!

Dok Hendrix- Get real, McMahon. Helmsley is a user. That's why I love the guy. He used Goldust until there was nothing left to use Goldust for. Helmsley saw the writing on the wall. He didn't want to get stuck with Goldust as a partner, Imagine would have happened if they won, Then, Helmsley would be stuck with Goldust. Helmsley had to make a point, And boy, Did he make one!

Vince McMahon- He didn't have to make a point like that! Goldust has been nothing more than a friend to Helmsley. And this is what he gets out of it? Hunter Hearst Helmsley is a poor excuse for a human being, That's what I think! You cannot use people like that! He turned on Goldust! Goldust was fighting for revenge tonight, He was trying to get revenge to what happened to Marlena, And Helmsley turns on him like that! First, He walked away from Goldust. Then, He delivered the Pedigree to Goldust. And to finish it off, He hit Goldust with a chair, With Goldust having no way to defend himself! Hunter Hearst Helmsley has got alot of explaining to do!

Dok Hendrix- McMahon, I just explained it to you. Hunter Hearst Helmsley never liked Goldust! He never wanted Helmsleydust. He just wanted to use Goldust. You think he wanted to stay partners with this freak? Goldust should have known better than to trust Hunter Hearst Helmsley. It doesn't matter, The fact is, Helmsleydust is over, And Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit are still the WWF Tag Team Champions, Baby! And Pillman made Goldust tap out! There was no cheating involved in that one, And you know it.

Vince McMahon- Goldust only tapped out because Helmsley turned his back on him. Fans, Either way, Helmsleydust is through. And you got to wonder what will happen tomorrow night. I, For one, Can't wait to see Goldust get his hands on Hunter Hearst Helmsley!

Kevin Nash and Al Snow Vs. Envy

Referee- Jim Korderas

The two on three odds didn't make much difference in the beginning, As Snow and Nash charged to the ring and caught their opponents off guard. Snow and Nash cleared the ring, And stood tall while Envy regrouped on the outside. Maivia and Nash started off the match legally, But Maivia didn't have much of a advantage. Nash nailed Maivia with big right hands and ran down Maivia with three clotheslines before tossing Maivia back out to the floor. Envy again regrouped, And this time, All three men came into the ring to try to take the genetic wonder, But Snow came in for the save. Envy finally took control of things when Mr. Perfect and Al Snow were the legal men in the ring. Mr. Perfect showed that the injury he suffered back in January didn't slow him down one bit, As he and Snow traded plenty of counters and near falls. When Al Snow came off the ropes, Both Martel and Maivia lowered the ropes, Causing Snow to spill out to the floor. Martel and Maivia did a number on Al Snow on the outside while Perfect taunted Snow. Envy worked as a unit, Triple teaming Snow through out the match. Maivia was in for most of the match, Trying to impress both Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel. Maivia even used the Quebec and Perfectplex on Al Snow, But he couldn't put away Snow, As Nash would come in for the save. Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect used alot of dirty tactics on Al Snow, And they would stop to tell Maivia to pay attention and learn it. Al Snow seemed to have made a brief comeback, But he ended up walking into Mr. Perfect's Perfectplex, Except Perfect broke up the pin fall to spit out his gum, Right at Nash. Rocky Maivia distracted the referee quite a few times while Perfect and Martel stomped on Snow on the outside. Snow was finally able to make the tag to Nash after he suplexed the hell out of all three members of Envy. When Nash got tagged in, The fans went wild! Nash entered the ring and cleaned house! Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel got nailed by right hands. Maivia took a side walk slam! Nash clotheslined both Perfect and Martel into the corners. Al Snow again started suplexing everyone, And sent both Martel and Maivia to the outside. Nash had set up Perfect for the Jackknife, But Perfect nailed Nash with a low blow and then Perfectplexed Nash! Perfect had the win right there, But the referee was too busy on the outside. Perfect let go of Nash and started to stomp away on Nash while Martel and Maivia whipped Snow into the guardrail. Envy started triple teaming Nash, Nailing Nash with right hands. Kevin Nash fought back and took both Rick Martel and Rocky Maivia to the floor with a double clothesline! Al Snow then came back into the ring and went up top and jumped off the top with a high cross body to both Maivia and Martel on the outside, Wiping all three men out! Inside the ring, Mr. Perfect kicked Nash in the midsection and again tried to Perfectplex Nash, But Nash countered and back dropped Perfect! When Perfect stood up, Nash drilled him with a big boot! Nash lowered the straps down and called for it! The fans were going crazy as Nash lifted Mr. Perfect up and positioned Perfect for the Jackknife. Nash dropped Mr. Perfect down with the Jackknife Powerbomb and covered Mr. Perfect for the victory!

Al Snow entered the ring and shook hands with Kevin Nash. Mr. Perfect was helped to the back by Maivia and Martel, Who vowed that the war was not over. Maivia kept yelling "You didn't beat me Nash! You didn't beat me!" Al Snow and Kevin Nash posed while pyro went off.

Winners by Pin Fall: Al Snow and Kevin Nash

76, 90, 75 **1\2

Vince McMahon- What a match! What a win for the genetic wonder and Al Snow! Kevin Nash was dominant tonight! Nash and Al Snow picked apart Envy! Mr. Perfect got a huge welcome back tonight, A Jackknife Powerbomb at the hands of Kevin Nash! Ha! Ha! Ha! Kevin Nash continues to be the most dominant force in the WWF, And I'd like to see Nash challenge for the WWF Championship.

Dok Hendrix- McMahon, Envy had the thing won when Mr. Perfect had Nash pinned, But the stupid referee didn't see it. Nash got lucky! This thing isn't over, And just so everyone knows, Nash did not defeat Rocky Maivia! Maivia is still 2-0 against the so called genetic wonder.

Vince McMahon- Well, Someday, Someday, Nash will get his hands on the pebble! Rocky Maivia will get beaten by Kevin Nash eventually. And in any event, Al Snow and Kevin Nash walk out of the 1997 SummerSlam victorious.

Referee- Mike Chioda

After all the hype with the WWF promising this to be the next classic wrestling match, They delivered big time. What he had here was a almost thirty minute match that had the crowd totally into it. Steve Austin easily got the biggest heat of the night here. Both men started off slowly exchanging holds and counters. Both men really got the crowd into this part of the match, With the fans loving it when Michaels out wrestled Austin. Of course, Austin also out wrestled and grounded Michaels several times. Austin would taunt Michaels and the crowd, Yelling out he was the better wrestler. Soon, The match started to pick up, As Austin grew frustrated that Michaels kept out wrestling him. Austin threw out the fists and both men started brawling! Shawn Michaels took Austin to the floor with a pair of head scissors and skinned the cat back into the ring. Austin got up and took a baseball slide to the face. Michaels then followed up with a tope to the outside onto Austin! Both men brawled on the outside, With Michaels skill having the edge over Austin. They went back into the ring, Where Austin took control of the match after dropping Michaels with the stun gun. Austin stomped and choked down Michaels. Austin chopped the hell out of Michaels, But HBK fought back. Michaels clotheslined Austin to the outside and went up top. Michaels came off the top attempting another dive to Austin, But Austin moved out of the way, And Michaels crashed into the steel guardrail! Austin picked Michaels apart on the outside, Ramming Michaels' back into the steel post, And then suplexing Michaels on the padded floor! Austin dragged Michaels to the ramp way and suplexed Michaels on the steel! Austin controlled Michaels inside the ring, And worked over Michaels' back. Austin dropped knees and elbows to the back of HBK, And then wore Michaels down with a Boston crab and a Texas Cloverleaf, But Michaels kept making it to the ropes. Austin wouldn't stop though, He connected with three superplexes to Michaels, One after the other! But Austin was slow to cover, As the superplexes took alot out of Austin. Austin went for the Stone Cold Stunner a few times, But he couldn't get it on Michaels. Around the fifteen minute mark, Austin caught Michaels with a flying forearm, And then nipped up! Austin mocked Michaels and went up top. Austin came off the top looking for a elbow drop, But Michaels moved out of the way, And Austin hit the canvas! Michaels nipped up the unleashed a offensive flurry on Austin. Michaels surprised Austin by chop blocking Austin's legs out from under him and then started to go to work on Austin's legs. Michaels smashed Austin's legs onto the steel post several times and when he came back inside the ring, Michaels took Austin down and smashed Austin's knee onto the canvas. Michaels almost won the match after getting Austin into a figure four, But Austin was able to grab the ropes. Shawn Michaels slammed Austin down and went up top. Michaels flew off the top with the flying elbow drop and started to tune up the band. When Austin got up, Michaels drilled Austin with Sweet Chin Music! Michaels covered, And almost won it, But Austin had his hand on the ropes. Both men continued fighting it out. Michaels was able to DDT Austin, And both men laid on their backs. Shawn Michaels slowly got up and went to the corner. Michaels tuned the band while Austin slowly moved. Austin got up, But ducked Sweet Chin Music! Austin kicked Michaels and went for the Stone Cold Stunner like on Monday Night Raw, But Michaels whipped Austin into the ropes. Michaels went for the Sweet Chin Music as Austin came off the ropes, But Austin, Came off the ropes and took Michaels down to the canvas with a school boy, And with a hand full of tights, And his feet all over the ropes, Got the three count!

Austin's music played to disbelief from the crowd. Austin quickly rolled out to the floor and posed. The referee raised Austin's hand on the outside while Michaels got up, And started cursing at Austin. Austin walked up the stage and posed on top of the stage, Taunting Michaels. Austin did HBK's traditional pose on top of the stage before heading to the back. Michaels grabbed Chioda and tried to tell Chioda what happened, But he got frustrated and super kicked Chioda! Michaels left the ring, Looking as angry as ever, Saying this was bull****.

Winner by Pin Fall: "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

89, 100, 100 *****

Vince McMahon- Steve Austin wins it! Austin has got to be the biggest cheater I have ever seen! He had the ropes and the tights! Steve Austin robbed Shawn Michaels tonight! The fans are not happy! If this match had continued, Shawn Michaels was going to walk away with the win! Michaels, Obviously, Frustrated with the loss, As he super kicked Mike Chioda.

Dok Hendrix- How do you know Michaels was going to walk away with the win? Austin beat Michaels on Monday night. He beat him again tonight! Do you think things would have changed? Hey, Austin won it. That's all that matters. Austin has defeated Shawn Michaels tonight at SummerSlam. Steve Austin is the better wrestler! Austin told everyone he was winning tonight, And he did just that. McMahon, Michaels' days on top are over, Kliq, Move on out, It's Steve Austin's era now!

Vince McMahon- How can you say Austin's the better wrestler? He cheated! Fans, This was a classic match, I think, It might have been the greatest match I have ever seen. A true classic. But damn it, It should not have ended this way. What a sad turn of events for the Kliq tonight.

Dok Hendrix- Shut up about it! Austin won, Case closed! That's two times within a week that he's defeated Shawn Michaels! Has anyone else ever done that? Thing back to this time last year, Michaels was the man! He was the World Wrestling Federation Champion, No one could beat him. And now, Look at tonight! Steve Austin won! Austin is the top man in the WWF! With this win, Austin is immediately the number one contender to every title in the WWF! Do you realize what a huge win this is? McMahon, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin has pinned Shawn Michaels tonight!

Vince McMahon- I realize that this is quite the win for "Stone Cold", But in my opinion, Shawn Michaels was going to defeat Austin tonight if Austin hadn't cheated. In any event, This was a classic. Like I said, The greatest match I have ever seen. And things are not over between Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin.

Casket Match

Referees- Earl Hebner and Charles Robinson

Even though the crowd just witnessed a classic, They were almost as hot for this one as they were for the Austin/Michaels match. Bret Hart did not look happy as he checked out the casket at ringside. The Undertaker came down to the ring to a thunderous ovation from the huge crowd. Bret Hart looked a bit scared, But jumped Undertaker before Undertaker even removed the title from around his waist. Both Hart and Undertaker had a good battle, But nowhere near as good as their match from last year's Royal Rumble. Bret Hart tried to put Undertaker away early, As he stomped on Undertaker and choked Undertaker in the corner. Hart hit Undertaker with the WWF Championship, Knocking down Undertaker and told the referees to open up the casket. When Hart turned around to grab Undertaker, He got quite a big surprise, As Undertaker had sat up! Undertaker opened up on Hart with right hands and easily tossed "The Hitman" into the corner. The match went out to the floor where Undertaker continued his dominating nature. Hart finally caught a break when he escaped a tombstone attempt from Undertaker and rammed Undertaker face first into the steel post. Bret Hart worked over Undertaker's leg. He hit Undertaker with chair shots to the leg and applied a figure four around the ring post, But nothing he did could keep Undertaker down. Hart even applied the Sharpshooter to Undertaker, But Undertaker powered out of it. Undertaker was able to make a comeback after catching Hart with a flying DDT. Undertaker connected with his trademark maneuvers to Hart, And even choke slammed Hart. Undertaker went for the Tombstone, But Hart escaped. Both Hart and Undertaker charged at one another, And double clotheslined each other down! Both men laid on the canvas, Flat on their backs. The fans chanted for Undertaker. Then, Pyro went off the arena turned red. Jacobs' music began to play as Paul Bearer made his way to the ringside area. The lights came back on and Jacobs came out from under the ring, Making a hole through the canvas! Jacobs entered the ring as Undertaker stood up. Jacobs grabbed Undertaker by the throat and choke slammed Undertaker! Bearer watched and smiled as Jacobs lifted Undertaker up and took him down with the Powerbomb To Hell! Bret Hart stood up and watched as Jacobs stomped away on Undertaker. Hart told the referee to open up the casket, And they did. Hart went up to Jacobs and kind of shoved Jacobs out of the way so he could roll Undertaker into the casket, But Jacobs shoved Hart aside! Hart tried to explain Jacobs that he was about to win the whole damn thing, But Jacobs just stared at Hart. Hart left the ring while Jacobs choked down Undertaker. Hart went to the outside and grabbed a steel chair. Hart entered the ring with the chair and hit Jacobs with a shot to the back! Hart got another shock as the chair shot had no affect on Jacobs! Jacobs let go of the death grip he had around The Undertaker's throat and stared at Hart. Hart tried to explain himself to Jacobs, But that wasn't getting him anywhere. Hart then went to hit Jacobs with a shot to the head, But Jacobs kicked the chair right into Hart's face! Jacobs lifted Hart up with one hand and choke slammed Hart! Undertaker had gotten up during this and took the steel chair. Jacobs turned around and got drilled by a chair shot straight to the head! Undertaker hit Jacobs three more times with the chair, And sent Jacobs out to the floor with a clothesline! Bret Hart slowly got up and Undertaker tombstoned Hart! Jacobs got up on the apron, But Undertaker nailed him with a right hand, Knocking him off the apron! Undertaker rolled Hart into the casket and shut the lid, For the win!

The fans erupted as The Undertaker was announced as the winner. Jacobs tried to come back into the ring, But Bearer told him to save it for tomorrow night! Bearer told Undertaker his days on top were ending and he and Jacobs headed up the ramp way.

Winner and STILL World Wrestling Federation Champion: The Undertaker

82, 99, 78 ***

Vince McMahon- The Undertaker has done it! The Undertaker is still the World Wrestling Federation Champion! What a match! Jacobs has cost "The Hitman" the title tonight at SummerSlam! The Undertaker is victorious! The phenom is still the top dog in the WWF!

Dok Hendrix- I don't get it, Why did Jacobs screw Hart over? Are Jacobs and The Undertaker working together? What is going on here?

Vince McMahon- No, They're not working together. Jacobs obviously wanted to beat down Undertaker, And Hart got too inpatient, And hit Jacobs with the chair! Bret screwed Bret in my view.

Dok Hendrix- Well, He wanted to finish the match! Jacobs wasn't looking like he was going to finish off Undertaker anytime soon, So Hart had to do what was best for him.

Vince McMahon- Dok, In the end, Bret Hart screwed himself over. He thought he could have hit Jacobs with the steel chair and then rolled Undertaker into the casket. But what he didn't count on was Jacobs not even flinching from the steel chair to the back. Fans, SummerSlam 1997 has been a amazing event. For Vince McMahon, And Dok Hendrix, Good night! Thank you for joining us, The Undertaker is still the phenom!

We get a shot of The Undertaker standing in the ring, Looking a little worse for wear after the grueling battle. Paul Bearer and Jacobs watch him from the stage, Jacobs' face emotionless. He just stares at The Undertaker. The Undertaker does his one kneed pose as pyro shoots off from the ring posts. SummerSlam goes off the air with The Undertaker posing with the WWF Championship.

Overall Rating- 75

Pay Per View Buyrate- 1.39

Competition

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.94

Attendance- 5,043

Ticket Sales- $201,720

Notes

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them. The fans see us as being the more professional promotion, thanks to our higher production values." -Sophie

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Marty Jannetty

News

- One match had the outcome changed. Envy was suppose to go over Al Snow and Kevin Nash, With Nash being pinned by Mr. Perfect. However, Kevin Nash protested the decision, And due to him having creative control and a unsackable contract, Nash got his way.

YOU. ARE. A. FRIGGIN'. GENIOUS. I mean... BRET SCREWED BRET. Bret Hart hit Jacobs with a steel chair, thus screwing himself. Vince McMahon had nothing to do with it. Shawn Michaels had nothing to do with it. It was all planned. Bret screwed Bret. Hewey, you are a genius.

Now that the Deadman retains the title, I wonder where the WWF Title will actually go. It's almost like the current IRL WWE title situation, I have no idea who's getting the gold eventually. I was pretty sure that Hart wouldn't win it though; I mean, Bret Hart over Undertaker in a Casket Match? Not gonna happen. Jacobs IS NOT going to win it. Hunter Hearst Helmsley didn't win the belt from HBK on PPV last year, so Jacobs would be too fresh. Perhaps Austin? Austin's stocks went up big time with the win, despite it wasn't clean - plus it'll be great to see Michaels all pissed off again.

Damn, I was just too lazy to predict. Then again, it was all because you want comments about the matches in the predictions too. Damn you greedy americans! :D

The second biggest PPV of the year has finally arrived. I've noticed you've cut down the length of your match summaries significantly. I don't think that was necessarily a bad thing. It still got across the point for each match. Though I did find the commentary inbetween each match didn't always add to things. The commentators seemed to go on and on about what they had just seen sometimes. A little shorter segues may have kept things slicker.

I totally bombed on my predictions for this show. The only match that had any title changes was in the match that had to have one. I believe the handicap match was the only 'top match' that I even got right. Not a good showing for me at all.

Bulldog taking the fall makes me think he may be on his way out. Hall scoring the pin makes me think he isn't going anywhere. I'm really concerned about the future of Hart. I was quite shocked to see him not win the title tonight. It looks like Jacobs will be getting the next big world title main event. I'm a little surprised by that. The match has been about 3 months in the build up, so it probably deserves to be main eventing. I really don't know where Hart goes from here. I fear he may be on his way out. But PLEASE don't do a Screw Job for Survivor Series because I'm really sick of those being redone in diaries.

Rocky was kept strong by not taking the fall. It looks like you will be continuing that storyline. That is probably the better way to go then to have blown it off here which I had predicted.

Were more seeds planted for a Shawn Michaels heel turn? He beat up the ref and seemed really upset about his loss. I've been wanting this since his Cactus feud. Hopefully, that is the direction this is going. WWF has too many faces on top and the Michaels act is pretty stale.

Looking like it might be the Mystery Masked man making a huge debut by taking the title off Hakushi. Not really a fan of people winning titles on debuts though. Of course, you might not be going that direction at all.

Not a good night for returning to the ring superstars. Both Perfect and Kanyon take the falls. Hopefully, this leads to better things for Kanyon.

Vader was put over huge. Looks like you will not let him go the same route that WWF allowed him to go. I'm all for keeping him a monster. Vader at this point was still able to work thus he should be pushed. Though I don't know where poor Cactus goes from here. I don't want him lost in the shuffle either.

I wanted Goldust to be the one to finally stand up to Hunter. He has looked like a complete moron for always thinking Hunter gives a damn about him. At the same time, it was time to pull the trigger on the split up. It's been going for a long time and you can only keep it interesting for so long. Hopefully, Goldust is able to tear a hole out of Hunter on RAW or whenever Goldust comes back if you plan to have sell the beating for a bit.

I'll say it again, I'm really glad Austin went over. Even if it meant I got another prediction wrong.

The show seemed to lack a big time supercard feel. Nothing really huge happend other than Hunter finally dropping Goldust. At the same time, it still served it's purpose for now. Maybe even the blow offs didn't seem that big because most of these matches were only developed in the last month. It was a decent show. It will open the door for some interesting directions leading into Survivor Series. It does look like that PPV may be minus poor Bulldog and Hart. It's interesting because it seems like the guys you really like are the guys I'd be more apt to push off a tall skyscraper. The guys you tend to dislike would be the ones I'd want to keep around for a long time. Oh well, I'm still reading.

I really enjoyed the PPV, like others may have said, I'm not sure it has the "SummerSlam" feel to it. I really enjoyed it though and have no idea what you are doing with the title now.

The only thing that really urks me is Vader going over Jack unless they will have a rematch. I just don't understand, you have Cactus Jack who I think will be vying for the World Championship later on this year or early next year losing to Vader who hasn't really been invovled with anything besides a Bret Hart feud of late.

Thanks for the comments guys. Verder, As for the prediction contest, It's one of the board rules that you have to post reasons to your predictions.

As for the rest of the comments, I do agree that this show didn't have the SummerSlam feel, Infact, It was one of those "off" shows in EWR. Bret Hart will definitely not get screwed, If Bret does leave, Then I'll come up with a big feud/storyline for him. There's not going to be any screwjob here. As for HBK turning heel, I do think HBK as a face has grown tired, But problem is, I got too many heels in the main event position. Plus, I want to have Austin as my top heel, And if I turn HBK, That'll take away Austin's spotlight. I might change HBK's character a bit though. As for the Vader stuff, I want to push Vader as a monster. I don't feel that Jack's loss hurt him, Since Jack is the kind of guy who can take a beating and come back from it. I do agree that Goldust looked a bit foolish for trusting Helmsley, But I felt the split would have worked better if Helmsley turned on Goldust, As I thought more heat would have been added for the feud if Helmsley screwed over Goldust, Rather than Goldust finally catching on to Helmsley's act.

I believe it was Jam who asked me this, But as for the whole Helmsley/Goldust saga, At one point, I was considering turning Helmsley face and having him actually be friends with Goldust, But decided to keep Helmsley heel instead. There were plenty of directions that the saga could have gone, But I prefered the one I chose.

Edit, I think it was SpiceDawg who asked about the Cloutier/Nash angle, Remember, Cloutier got Austin to try to take out Nash, Getting Austin to basically challenge Nash. Then, Cloutier got Envy to help out Austin when HBK had Nash's back. Even though Cloutier didn't take out Nash, The Administration liked the way he handled things, (I think Rude might have mentioned he likes the way Cloutier handles his business when he stripped Snow of the IC title.) So, Cloutier pretty much has it in with the administration, Even though he never laid a hand on Nash.

Here's the prediction contest results

JDK- 9

bubba- 8

Jam- 8

VA Finest 1- 9

SpiceDawg- 7

Hajjhowe- 11

Hailtothechimp- 13

CraigOrion- 8

Congrats to Hailtothechimp, Who wins this one. Chimp, Pick one of these options and PM it to me.

1. Choose a feud for your development guy when he leaves development. It can be against anyone except a main eventer/upper midcarder.

2. Choose a match you want to see at a future show. (if it's a big match then it'll be saved for a PPV)

3. Choose two workers you'd like to see in a tag team.

4. Choose a future storyline you'd like to see.

Also, One Night Only will be on 9/6/97 in my game, I'll be using RSN's time slot, Except on prime time. If you guys want to PM me some matches you'd like to see take place at the event, Just PM them to me.

Edited by Baby Hewey

Man, did I whoop as on the predictions or what? Got most of them right, I think missed maybe 2.

In other news, The Austin push to the moon has begun with that win over HBK and it looks like HBK is on his way out the door... or a heel turn. Hart vs. Cactus, I am calling it now. Its the only logical way to go from here for both of them. Cactus needs a win, so if you blow of Vader vs. Cactus on Raw or Mayhem (almost typed Smackdown...) Cactus might salvage something from the feud.

On to the straps now... another blow-off title defense for the Light Heavyweights... I hope the new masked man brings some much needed fan support for the division. The Party Boy takes the win from Mr. Wright and I am all sorts of happy, but which belt will he have to drop? The Tag Champs retain and they are about to lose them to the ready and waiting Suicide Blondes, a good feud to ensue hopefully. Taker and Jacobs... been building for a while, but Taker will retain out of this feud and lose to Austin at Survior Series, no doubt.

Summerslam was pretty good, but not your best that I have read. Like the others have said, it didn't really have that Summerslam feel to it.

You got me hooked though, so keep on writing and I'll keep on reading.

IPB Image

Credit Kempay for the logo

Channel: USA Network

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: August 25, 1997

Attendance: 7,027

Ticket Sales: $281,080

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Vince McMahon

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Monday Night Raw comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Dok Hendrix and Vince McMahon are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

The winner, And the loser

Loud pyro goes off and red, white and blue confetti and balloons fall from the ceiling. The American flag waves on the big screen. Then, The music of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin hits. The fans boo as Austin walks down to the ring in a black suit, With a big smile on his face. Austin shakes hands with a few fans at ringside, And in the front row, A woman holds up her baby for Austin, Austin grabs it and kisses the baby before giving it back to the woman. Austin enters the ring and poses on all four turnbuckles as the balloons and confetti fall down from the ceiling. Austin is handed a microphone. The fans fill the arena with loud "Austin sucks" chants.

Steve Austin- singing I'm the King of the Mountain, I'm the King of the Hill, I'm the King of the Mountain, I'm the King of the Hill! I love you! I love all of you! It is a great day to be an American! I love America! I am USA all the way! You know why I love this country, Because in America, Either you're a winner, Or you're a loser. And last night, Last night at SummerSlam, I was a winner! I was a real American! Did ya bastards see the damn PPV? Didn't you witness the greatest match in the history of pro wrestling? And who was the winner? Oh right, Me! I won! I beat that man's ass! One, Two, Three! I walked out of SummerSlam a winner! And Shawn Michaels, Well, He left as a loser! A big loser! Loser! Loser! Loser! That's what he is! I am a winner, He's a loser! He's not a true American! Hell, He can't even pass himself off as a Canadian! Boy, Didn't I tell you I was the better wrestler? Didn't I say SummerSlam would be my night? Well, I was right! Shawn Michaels, SummerSlam was my night! You lost to the better man. There was no controversy, All there was, Was me pinning your shoulders down to the canvas, One, two, three! Shawn Michaels, They say there's no one better than you, Well, After last night, They're saying there's no one better than "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. But hey, Don't be mad. I know you threw a fit last night, Listen, Shawn, Shawnie, You gave it all you had. You gave it everything you could have, And more. But Shawn, I am the better wrestler. You're just going to have to get over that. And to everyone else here, Go up against me, And you'll end up a loser like Shawn Michaels. Shawn Michaels, I know you have got to respect me after last night. I mean, I am a true American! I am the real American, Brother! I might not be some old bastard, But damn it, I can wrestle! And Shawn, As you found out, I can wrestle a hell of alot better than you. People, As the best damn wrestler in the WWF, I am laying down a challenge for the WWF Champion, The Undertaker. Hell, I defeated Shawn Michaels last night, I can defeat anyone! When this year finishes, I want everyone to remember one name, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. I am the talk of the town. And there's one thing I need, The WWF Championship over my shoulder. I know...........

Shawn Michaels' music plays, Cutting off Austin. Austin does not look too happy as the "Heart Break Kid" walks down the entrance way. Michaels doesn't appear to be mad, Even though he got screwed last night. Michaels enters the ring and asks for a microphone.

Steve Austin- What do you want? You try to ruin my big moment, And I got a big Mexican down there in the back named Octavio, And he will mess you up!

Shawn Michaels- Look, I'm not here to ruin your moment. Steve, I am here to congratulate you. I want to congratulate you on your big win over me last night. Steve, You won. I lost. It's as simple as that. It doesn't matter if you had the tights, The ropes, Or whatever else. In the end, You won. You were the better man last night.

Steve Austin- Wait, Is this some kind of trick? Don't think you're going to fool me with this humble act, I know you! You got something planned!

Shawn Michaels- No, It's the truth. You won. It hit me last night, I am not the top guy in the WWF anymore. And I haven't been for quite sometime. Steve, You are now the best in the WWF. Just like you said it. It's true. You beat me. You beat me twice. You are the very best in the WWF. Maybe my time in the WWF is truly over. Maybe, Just maybe, Shawn Michaels can't hang in there anymore. I tried last night, I tried as hard as I could, And I lost. Steve Austin, You have every right to brag. You won. Congratulations.

Steve Austin- Well, Don't get so down on yourself. I mean, Yeah, I whipped your ass! I out wrestled you, Out classed you! Your days as the man is over, But there's no need to cry. Look at ya! You look like you're going to cry! Do you wanna cry? Do you wanna let it out? Do you want to cry on my shoulders? Is that it? Wanna hug? Hell, I said it, I'll hug ya! How I would love to hug you! I mean.......... Well, Here's some advice. Shawn, You just have to accept the fact that I am the best. There is no one who comes close to being me. No one comes close to having my raw talent and ability. And Shawn Michaels, You're a good young kid. You got a bright future ahead of you. There's no shame in starting from the bottom up.

Shawn Michaels- Thanks for the advice, Steve. Actually, If it's not too much trouble, Before I leave and go back home to San Antonio and think about my future, I was wondering, If I could shake your hand?

Steve Austin- Well, If that's what you want. You admitted I was the better man. You sucked it up like a real man. Like a real Texan. You realized what a fool you were for thinking you could defeat "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. Shawn Michaels, Son, I am proud of you. Damn it, I am so damn proud of you for admitting who the better man was. I know you've wanted this your entire life, Hell, You were probably so nervous to come out here. And Shawn, No one deserves it like you. You're a little trooper! Keep trying, And someday, You'll be like me. You're a go getter! That's why these people love you! That's why I love ya! Shawn Michaels, You want a handshake, Here you go!

Michaels reaches out his hand to Austin. The crowd boos, But Austin smiles. Austin shakes hands with Michaels. Both men share a hug! Michaels raises Austin's arm in the air while Austin says he's number one. Michaels then super kicks Austin right in the face! Austin is out! The fans are going crazy! Shawn Michaels mounts Austin and begins to punch the holy hell out of Austin! Michaels rips up Austin's suit jacket and Austin's shirt! Michaels chokes Austin down it and then tosses Austin out to the floor! Austin is livid! Michaels grabs the microphone as the fans chant "HBK".

Shawn Michaels- Did you really buy that bull****? Everyone knows you screwed me over at SummerSlam! You won, You won a small battle as far as I'm concerned. "Stone Cold", Next week, It'll be the two of us! Oh yeah, I got the match made! It'll be the two of us inside a fifteen foot high steel cage! There will be no escape from the wrath of the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels! No more Mr. nice guy, I'm sick and tired of this s***, And next Monday night, I'm taking it out on you, And everyone else who gets in my God damn way!

Austin can't believe it! Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with the announcers hyping next week's cage match between Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Aguila Vs. Shane Helms

The man behind the mask was Aguila. Aguila had a huge entrance, Smoke filled the arena, The lights turned green and red as a voice said "I am the man behind the mask, I am Aguila!" Aguila wore red and blue, Looking alot like the Spider Man. His opponent, Is current NWACI World Champion, Shane Helms, Who has had a few matches on RSN before. The announcers acted as if they have never heard of Aguila, And wondered what he was like in the ring. several of the WWF's light heavyweight's were shown watching from a room in the back, looking impressed with Aguila. This was a great match, But the fans were dead for it. Aguila and Helms fought back and fourth, With Aguila showing maneuvers that most WWF fans never seen before. At one point, Aguila had Helms in a wrist lock, Aguila walked the ropes, Much like The Undertaker, And then spring boarded off the ropes, Taking Helms down with a powerslam. Aguila dove over the ropes onto Helms on the outside with a big time dive. Helms was able to take control of things after using a neck breaker off the apron to Aguila. Helms then jumped off the top with a leg drop to Aguila on the outside. Helms almost put Aguila away a few times, But Aguila kept fighting back. Aguila planted Helms with a DDT off the second turnbuckle and went up top. Aguila came off the top with a big time moonsault to Helms and scored the win!

Everyone of the WWF's light heavyweight's looked impressed with Aguila's victory, Except one man, Hakushi, Who just held the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship and stared at the screen. Aguila posed for the fans before heading backstage.

54, 38, 85 **1/4

Aguila debuted his new gimmick, (Luchadore) it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

SummerSlam Aftermath

Bret Hart comes down to the ring as we return from the break. And "The Hitman" does not look too happy. Hart enters the ring and grabs the microphone.

Bret Hart- Shut the damn music off! I got something to say to everyone in the WWF, Last night at SummerSlam, I was screwed! Jacobs, You big piece of trash, You screwed me over last night! I had the WWF Championship in the palm of my hands, God damn it! Undertaker, You are a fraud! I should be the World Wrestling Federation Champion, And everyone knows it! And Jacobs, You come near me, And I'll knock your head right off your shoulders. But I'm not here to complain. Everyone who saw the damn Pay Per View knows I got screwed. But see, I'm smarter than everyone else in the WWF. Over a month ago, I was in a ten men tag team match up. Yeah, You people remember it. And when my team won, Everyone of them cashed in the favors that were granted to them, Except one! I didn't cash in my favor. But I am going to cash it in tonight. Undertaker, I hope you're not too beat up from SummerSlam, Because I got news for you, Tonight, Right here in Atlantic City, New Jersey, You will defend the WWF Championship against me! And Jacobs, You stay out of this match! Let just be me and The Undertaker for the title! And after I walk out of Monday Night Raw as a four time WWF Champion, You can come and get a shot at me, As I want revenge for last night. And people, I guarantee victory tonight. SummerSlam was suppose to be my night, But I'm not bitter over it. Tonight, I will leave as the new WWF Champion!

Jacobs' music plays, Interrupting Bret Hart. Bret Hart is not happy as Jacobs slowly makes his way down the ramp way. Jacobs never takes his eyes off of Hart as he gets up on the apron. Jacobs enters the ring, But Hart quickly exits the ring.

Bret Hart- Hang on right there! If you want some of me, You can get some after tonight. You think I'm afraid of you? I can beat you easily! I don't fear you! I don't fear anybody! You just stay out of my business, You big bully! That's all you are! You know you're nothing more than a bully! I'm the excellence of execution, I'm the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be! And.........

Bret Hart drops his microphone down as Jacobs exits the ring. Jacobs stalks Hart around the ringside area, And Hart quickly enters the ring. Jacobs is about to come inside, But he's stopped when the voice of the Commissioner of the WWF, Rick Rude is heard. The fans boo as Rick Rude comes marching down the ramp way.

Rick Rude- Hang on! Hang on a second, Damn it! You two are not going to fight each other tonight! No, Not in a one on one match. Bret, You do have a point. That monster cost you the WWF Championship last night. I know it, You know it, Hell, The American people know it! You can cash in your favor, And tonight, It'll be you fighting for the title. But that leaves me with a problem. Jacobs, I know you're wanting a piece of The Undertaker. Hell, I hate the bastard myself. And I can't have you running in tonight's match and costing my favorite WWF Superstar his match. That just wouldn't be right. I could have you thrown out of the building, But I think, Not even the cops and security could stop you. You want The Undertaker so badly? You'll get him too! Tonight, It's a triple threat match! The Undertaker defends the WWF Championship against both Bret Hart and Jacobs! That way, Both you and "The Hitman" can not only get a piece of The Undertaker, But of each other as well!

Jacobs enters the ring and shoves Rude aside, Going for Hart! Jacobs has Hart by the throat, But Hart low blows Jacobs! Hart starts slugging Jacobs! Hart is able to send Jacobs outside with a clothesline, But Jacobs lands on his feet! Jacobs gets back up on the apron, And is about to enter the ring, When the lights go off! The sound of thunder hits the arena, And the voice of The Undertaker is heard.

The Undertaker- So, Twenty four hours after the most vicious battle in the history of the WWF, Bret Hart, You want to step into the ring with the lord of darkness once again? And Rick Rude, You sent Jacobs out there like a lamb being lead to slaughter. See, Last night I had my creatures of the night protecting me. They helped me unleash what I never unleashed before. And now, Tonight, I step into the ring with two men who have been a thorn in my side for quite sometime. Tonight, I will kill two birds with one stone, Jacobs, Bret Hart, Tonight is the night of phenom. Tonight is the night where you will rest in peace.

The lights come back on and we see Bret Hart and Rick Rude quickly leaving the ring. Jacobs stands there, And does The Undertaker's traditional slit throat motion as we go to a commercial break.

Rick Rude gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty, Scorpio and Kip Parker W/Sable Vs. Alex Wright, Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit

Brian Pillman continued his psycho attack, As he started off the match with Parker, As soon as the ball rang, Pillman ran to the outside and tried to attack Sable, But he ended up running into fists from Jannetty and Scorpio. This was a good six men tag team match, Which had the fans into it. The announcers talked about how both Scorpio and Kip Parker hold impressive winning streaks in the WWF, And how either men could challenge Jannetty for either one of his titles. Scorpio was on his A game, At one point, He came off the ropes onto all three of his opponents on the outside. The heel team triple teamed Kip Parker, With Pillman staring at Sable with a crazed look in his eyes. Parker was able to make the hot tag to Jannetty, Who entered the ring and cleaned house. The action got chaotic and all six men got into it. Jannetty and Parker sent Benoit and Pillman to the outside, And Parker spring boarded off the ropes onto both men on the outside. Inside the ring, Jannetty looked to have Wright finished off with the running enziguri kick, But before he could cover, Scorpio tagged himself into the match and came off the top with the Diss That Don't Miss to Wright for the win.

Kip Parker and Sable entered the ring to celebrate, But Jannetty didn't seem too happy over Scorpio stealing his thunder. But in the end, Both men shook hands and celebrated with Parker and Sable. Scorpio handed Jannetty both of his titles, But told Jannetty he'd love a crack at him.

70, 76, 81 **3/4

Why, Hunter, Why?

Backstage, Marissa Mazzola is standing by with Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

Marissa Mazzola- Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Last night at SummerSlam, You turned your back on your partner Goldust. You cost him and yourself the WWF Tag Team Championship, And then, After the match, You assaulted Goldust! Goldust will be out of action this week, But he is scheduled to return next Monday night. Hunter Hearst Helmsley, The world wants to know, Why did you turn on Goldust last night at SummerSlam?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- You know, As I arrived here tonight, I couldn't help but notice the looks people were giving me. I mean, Some of these morons looked like they were disgusted with me. And quite frankly, You think I give a damn? You want to know why I turned my back on Goldust? You want to know why Helmsleydust is no more? Goldust, I never wanted this. I did you a favor, And you hung around like a lap dog. You think I wanted anything to do with you? And it became very clear that I needed to do something. You think I wanted to be one half of the WWF Tag Team Champions with you? Everyone here can act all shocked, But deep down, They knew it was coming. Fact is, I don't give a damn about Goldust or his feelings. And I know everyone is expecting him to get revenge, Goldust, Bring it on. I want to make this clear to you, You and I are going to have a match, Not because I hate you, No, Because I want to make sure you get the message loud and clear. And on September 21st, In Your House "Almost Human", It's going to be the two of us in the ring. And I'll make sure you remember that there is no more Helmsleydust. It's my time to go the top of the WWF, After I'm done with Goldust, I'm going after the WWF Champion, Whoever he might be. I wasted too many months with that Helmsleydust crap, And now, I'm focused. It starts with Goldust, And then, I run through everyone else in the WWF.

Marissa Mazzola- Vince, Dok, We got our first match announced for next month's In Your House event. What will happen when Goldust and Hunter Hearst Helmsley face off? Fans, We got to go to a commercial break, But Monday Night Raw will return!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scott Hall Vs. Simon Diamond

Scott Hall and Simon Diamond had a great match up, And the crowd was well into it. Hopefully the WWF finds something to do with Diamond, As he's a great talent. Scott Hall started off with the advantage, And took Diamond out to the floor with a clothesline. Diamond was able to send Scott Hall into the steel steps, With Hall's back hitting the steps. This allowed Diamond to control the match. Diamond worked over Hall's back inside the ring, And actually came close to putting the former WWF Champion away. Diamond got several close near falls over Scott Hall, But Scott Hall kept fighting back. Simon Diamond made a big mistake by going up top. Diamond attempted a flying elbow drop, But Hall moved out of the way, And Diamond got nothing but canvas. Scott Hall made the comeback, Catching Diamond with right hands. Scott Hall connected with several of his trademark maneuvers, And then caught Diamond with the fallaway slam. Scott Hall called for the Outsider's Edge. Hall set up Diamond for the Outsider's Edge, But Diamond slipped out of it. Diamond kicked Hall in the midsection and went for the Simonizer, But Hall slipped out of it and then was able to connect with the Outsider's Edge for the victory.

75, 80, 89 ***3/4

He's Got The Machismo

Scott Hall stays in the ring and asks for a microphone while Diamond heads backstage.

Scott Hall- Hey yo, I don't know if anyone has noticed, But ever since I lost the WWF Championship, I haven't been doing much. Hell, I been in one hell of a slump. I know I had my chances at the title, But you look at everyone else around here who is trying to make a name for themselves, And you realize that I am better than all those guys put together. Hell, Last night, At the second biggest event of the year, I was stuck in a tag match. I love teaming up with Waltman, But I know I should be fighting for the WWF Championship. I main evented Wrestlemania, I should be getting title shots. And I know who's to blame, I blame the Commissioner. The man running the WWF, Rick Rude. See, Rick Rude doesn't want Scott Hall anywhere near the top of the WWF again, So he sends his lackeys to try to take me out. And one by one, I've beaten them all. So, Rude, I'm out here. I want to go right back to the top. I ain't leaving this ring until you start putting big players in the ring with me.

Rick Rude almost immediately comes down from the back. The Commissioner has quite the smirk on his face as he enters the ring.

Rick Rude- Let me get this straight, Scott Hall wants some respect. He wants back at the top of the WWF. Isn't that lovely? Scott Hall, Let me make it clear to you, You were WWF Champion once, And only once. And ever since you lost the title, You been a joke! Don't blame it on me, It's not my fault you couldn't get back to where you were. But fine, I'll play along. You want a chance to be a top name in the WWF again? That's fine with me. But you're going to have to earn that spot back. I am going to find someone to make sure you get the message loud and clear, You're not worth my time anymore. You're better off just leaving the WWF and sitting at home. You just don't have it anymore. Scott Hall, If you survive what I lay ahead, Then you will have earned your spot back in the top of the WWF.

Scott Hall- Hey, If that's the way you want it, You got it! Send anyone you want, And I'll show you I still belong at the top of the WWF.

Scott Hall drops his microphone down and flicks a toothpick at Rude. Hall exits the ring while Rude stays in the ring. The announcers wonder who Scott Hall will face to prove himself.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Memphis Royalty Vs. The Godwinns

Bad, Bad match up here. The fans could care less about The Godwinns, While Memphis Royalty barely got any heat in this match. The announcers spent most of the talking about tonight's main event, And SummerSlam. Memphis Royalty isolated Phineous and used dirty tactics to wear down the big man. They'd double team Phineous several times behind the referee's back, And at times, One of them would cheat shot Phineous while the referee was distracted by the other man. Phineous was able to run down both Lawler and Christopher with a clothesline, And made the hot tag to Henry. Henry entered the ring and started to clean house. Henry ran down both Lawler and Christopher with clotheslines and scoop slammed both men multiple times. Phineous took himself and Christopher to the floor with a clothesline, Leaving Lawler in the ring with Henry. Henry went for the Slop Drop, But Lawler grabbed onto the rope, Causing Henry to hit the canvas. Lawler then covered Henry with his feet all over the rope for the win.

Memphis Royalty fled the ring like cowards while The Godwinns argued with the referee. Both were so upset that they tossed the referee out of the ring!

60, 68, 67 *1/4

Nothing But Suckas

A video begins to play, We get some shots of a black male out at a club, Talking to lots of women, Playing basketball, Baseball and swimming. The man looks to be in great shape, And then, We cut inside a huge mansion. The man is relaxing on his couch as a maid gives him a drink. She walks away and the man slaps her on the behind, He grins at her and she grins back at him before walking away. The man looks at the camera as he takes a sip of his drink.

Darnell Porter- Yo, What's up? I know what everyone out there in the audience is thinking. "Damn, That black man is fine!" Even the dudes! I'm the kinda man who will turn a guy into someone, Well, Lets just say, I'll turn all your boyfriends into Goldust in a minute. I'm that damn handsome. I know some of peanut heads don't know who I am, And I'll introduce myself, I am "Show Time" Darnell Porter. I am the finest young export in the WWF. And I am set to debut. Now, I know what you ladies are thinking, "Damn, When is that fine stallion debuting?" Ladies, I assure you, My debut will be worth the wait. See, Look at how I live, I got maids running out here doing whatever I want. I got fast cars, I own everybody in any kind of sport, I can get into any woman's pants! I got personality! Something these bubble headed WWF Superstars ain't got! Especially the wrestlers in the light heavyweight division! I mean, Have any of those guys ever gotten a woman? No, I doubt it! They're not players like Darnell Porter. I was watching last night's WWF Light Heavyweight Championship match, And what the hell was that? You had some Green Day listening, Skate boarding, Punk ass, Buck toothed bald headed man fighting for the title! You had some "gangsta" from "Compton", Yeah, I buy that for a minute! Son, Darnell will make you respect him out in the ring! And then, You have some little Mexican who's only famous cause of his family. Yeah, I said it. Hey, Chavito, Once I get to the WWF, You'll be buying me my tacos! Extra hot sauce, Essa! And the champion? Who in the hell is Hakushi? Hakushi, Is that the name of a champion? He looks like he should be working at some zoo! What a freak! Hey, Hakushi, Get me my damn chicken fried rice, Sucka! See, As much as I would be a great asset to the WWF on top, As the WWF Champion, I feel it's my duty as a light heavyweight to save the title. I mean, Look at these fools they got running round! They don't know what it's all about. They're a disgrace to the Light Heavyweight Championship! Let me tell you suckas what it's all about, Money, Championships, and women, That's the Show Time way, Baby! You think I care for the fans? They're just suckas putting money into my pockets! Truth is, I'm God's gift to women, And I ain't that bad of a wrestler either. So, People, Start betting the money, See how long it'll take Darnell Porter to make an impact on the WWF. So, Get yo popcorn ready, Cuz it's time fo' the Show Time experience. I'm taking the WWF's light heavyweight division by storm, And I'll be the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion before the year ends!

The video fades.

He Wants His Shot

We go the locker room area, Where Marissa Mazzola is standing by with Kevin Nash outside his locker room.

Marissa Mazzola- Kevin Nash, You and Al Snow left last night's SummerSlam as winners, Defeating Envy in the handicap match up. But I got a feeling you don't want to talk about last night, You requested this interview time, What's on your mind?

Kevin Nash- You know, Last night was a big night for me. I was able to get revenge on Envy after what those punks did to both me and Al Snow. I gave Mr. Perfect one hell of a return, Didn't I? Yeah, I bet he'll think about retiring after I Jackknifed his ass last night. But that's not what I want to talk about. Earlier tonight, I heard there was a title match made tonight. Now, Tell me, What business do either Jacobs or Bret Hart have fighting for the WWF Championship? I mean, What did they do to deserve a title shot? If there's one man around here who deserves a title shot, It's me. I've beaten The Undertaker before. And it has been a long time since I got any title shots around here. Did you see how dominant I was last night? I should be the rightful number one contender for the title. And Rude, Don't try to pull that BS you pulled with Scott Hall, You might be able to play Hall, But I got more power around here than you know. And I'm just saying it, Whoever walks away as the WWF Champion tonight will have to put that title on the line against me. Bret, I'm hoping it's you. I just wanna Jackknife you straight to hell. If not, Then Jacobs, Undertaker, Either one of you will do. I want the WWF Championship, And the genetic wonder always gets what he wants. Now, If you'll excuse me, I'm going to watch tonight's main event.

Nash steps inside and shuts the door.

Marissa Mazzola- Fans, Kevin Nash wants his shot at the WWF Championship. The genetic wonder hasn't gotten a shot in quite sometime, Will he get the shot he's been waiting for? Monday Night Raw will return with tonight's huge main event, Up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Vader powerslams Cactus Jack onto thumb tacks! (SummerSlam 8/24/97)

Bret Hart Vs. The Undertaker© Vs. Jacobs W/Paul Bearer

McMahon hyped this as the biggest main event in the history of Monday Night Raw, And also talked about how this was Hart's only chance to leave as the WWF Champion. Before the match started, Referee Monty Davidson said he was making this a no disqualification match! This was a good triple threat match, That had the fans well into it. It seemed like either Jacobs or Hart would walk away with the title several times, As well, As it looking like The Undertaker would retain the title. Bret Hart and Jacobs fought off one another before Undertaker even came down to the ring. Hart looked like he had done some serious damage to Jacobs, As he hit Jacobs with a steel chair over the legs several times. Undertaker and Bret Hart fought each other for several minutes, But Jacobs quickly came back into the ring and started to dominate both men. Jacobs almost won the match after choke slamming Hart, But Undertaker barely made the save. Bret Hart tried to apply the Sharpshooter to both Jacobs and Undertaker a few times, But he could not lock it in on either men. Undertaker had made a huge comeback, Hitting both Jacobs and Hart with right hands. Undertaker used his trademark maneuvers on both men and sent Hart out to the floor with a clothesline. Undertaker choke slammed Jacobs, And called for the Tombstone as Jacobs sat up. Bearer got up on the apron, And Undertaker punched him off! Undertaker turned around and Jacobs choke slammed Undertaker! Jacobs called for the end, And lifted Undertaker up. Jacobs dropped Undertaker down with the Powerbomb To Hell, And covered, But before the three count could be made, Hart pulled Jacobs to the outside and sent Jacobs into the steel steps! Hart entered the ring and covered Undertaker to score the three and to win the WWF Championship!

Bret Hart grabbed his title and fled the ring with it. Hart posed on top of the stage, Holding up four fingers, Signifying that he's now a four time WWF Champion. McMahon said this was the first time the WWF Championship has changed hands on a Monday Night Raw. Monday Night Raw went off the air with Bret Hart celebrating his win while both Undertaker and Jacobs sat up, At the same time, Undertaker, Inside the ring, And Jacobs on the outside. Both men stared each other as we faded to black.

76, 88, 80 ***

The WWF World title has lost image.

Overall Rating- 74

TV Rating- 6.45

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 5.67

Attendance- 5,005

Ticket Sales- $200,200

ECW Code Red

TV Rating- 5.29

Attendance- 3,507

Ticket Sales- $105,210

USPW Thursday Night Jam

TV Rating- 1.71

Attendance- 1,005

Ticket Sales- $30,150

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Marty Jannetty

"Henry Godwinn and Phineous Godwinn blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

News

- Aguila was injured during a house show on Wednesday night. He will be on the shelf for nine months.

- WCW have fired Trish Stratus!

- WCW have fired Doug Gilbert!

- WCW have fired Johnny Grunge!

- USPW have released Jeep Swenson!

- USPW have released Mike Shaw!

- The WWF has signed Johnny Grunge.

- Rob Black has taken over control of SWF!

- Matt Hardy has left SWF as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Jack Victory has left SWF as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Psychosis has left SWF as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Meng has left SWF as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Steve Bradley has left SWF as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- David Taylor has left SWF as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Big Dick Dudley has left SWF as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Van Hammer has left SWF as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Kendall Windham has left SWF as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Tiger Ali Singh has left SWF as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Bobby Duncum Jr. has left SWF as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Curtis Hughes has left SWF as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Paul Roma has left SWF as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Doug Gilbert has agreed to an open contract with SWF!

- SWF have signed Trish Stratus to a written contract!

- SWF have signed independent worker Phoebe Elizabeth to a written contract!

- Meng has agreed to an open contract with USPW!

- The Barbarian has agreed to an open contract with USPW!

- Big Dick Dudley has agreed to an open contract with VZF!

HOLY BLUE HELL. Now THAT I didn't see coming. Too bad the WWF title lost image, but Hitman should make a good champion. After SummerSlam was over with, I stated that I had no clue where the belt is going - Now I think it's pretty obvious. Jacobs and The Undertaker will feud, and... Well, can you spell "HBK - Bret III - Survivor Series '97"? Yep... I think Hart and Michaels will go at it once more at the Series. Yep yep yep.

Actually, I'd even go as far as saying that I enjoyed RAW more than the Pay-Per-View. It was more unpredictable and... Hell... I had no idea that was coming.

I love reading this diary- your efforts are unparalled by anyone here in my opinion. Plus I love how you've used all the old stars like Scott Hall and Nash, Bret Hart and I can't wait to see where the Taker/Jacobs feud goes from here.

I predict Hall vs. Hart in the very...near future? Also it was a shame Aguila managed to injure himself- you must be mad about that after you built up such a push for him...Just one question: Who's Kip Parker?

Thanks, and keep the good work, nihilist.

I wanted to say that was a great Summerslam, I was incredibly interested in the Taker Title situation, but once Raw came around that opened up a lot of new things. And Austin and Michaels is becoming the highlight of this diary for me, hopefully it will lead to Austin getting a shot at Bret. Keep up the great work Hewey

Wow, that was an absolutely great Post PPV Raw. It's opened the doors for some new stories and feuds. It had a few twists and shocks. Really well done and exactly the type of great effort expected from a Raw after the 2nd biggest PPV of the year.

I'm really glad Hart walked away with the title. I was really concerned that you were going to start demoting him which I didn't agree with since he is your top heel. Now he's the champ and I think you have lots of possible match ups. It's looking like he'll be fighting Nash at the next PPV. Soon, he will probably go against Hall and eventually he'll need the rubber match with Michaels.

Looking forward to the steel cage match at the next Raw. That will make next week's Raw another must see show.

Really sitnks that Aguila is now out for 9 months. It looked quite possibly he was set to go for the title against Hakushi. You spend all that time hyping him and he then gets injured after his debut. Rough.

I can't express how big of a fan I am of the possibility of Jannetty v. Scorpio. I've been a big mark of Scorpio ever since he debuted in WCW in '92. He evern pinned your golden boy, Wright. I enjoyed the tension between Scorp and Jannetty after the match.

Interested to see who Hall has to go up against. I have a feeling it might be someone debuting.

I look forward to seeing the rebuttal of Goldust for next Raw. It should be very interesting. This has been the feud that has almost been 6 months in the making. I doubt IYH will be the blow off but it should still be a hot match. I'm seeing this thing going until at least Survivor Series.

Didn't you sign Phoebe Elizabeth to an open contract? Too bad you never got to use her.

I like the debut of Darnel Porter. It's good to start hyping up some of the light heavyweights. I finally think you're starting to put some effort into making this a division that matters.

All in all, a really great show. I'm really pumped for the next week's show which should be a doozy. Steel Cage!!!!

Oh yeah, for the guy who asked, Kip Parker is Tom Pritchard.

Thanks for the comments on Raw.

IPB Image

Credit KillingsVSCena for the logo

Date: August 29, 1997

Friday Night Mayhem comes to you four days after one of the biggest episodes of Monday Night Raw in history. And tonight, We got a huge night planned. Two big matches will be taking place tonight, Two big main events in one show! First, We'll see the rematch from SummerSlam. Bret Hart, The man who walked out of Monday Night Raw as the new WWF Champion, Will defend the title against the former champion, Who many consider the greatest WWF Champion of all time, The Undertaker. Bret Hart was able to win Monday's triple threat match after Jacobs powerbombed Undertaker, Hart took advantage of the situation, And pinned Undertaker to leave as a four time WWF Champion. The Undertaker, As the former WWF Champion, Gets a rematch, And he's demanded the rematch for tonight! Who will walk away as the WWF Champion? Will Bret Hart's fourth title reign only last four days? Will The Undertaker walk out a three time WWF Champion? This is a main event you cannot miss!

Then, We got a huge eight men tag team main event. It'll be Al Snow, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman and Shawn Michaels going up against Envy and Steve Austin. We know that Shawn Michaels will be facing Steve Austin in a cage match this Monday night. There's alot of bad blood between these two men, Will it come any closer to ending it tonight? Envy lost their match at SummerSlam, And all three men have been furious over what happened at SummerSlam. What will happen when they mix it up with four of the WWF's best? Will they continue their feud with Al Snow? What about Scott Hall and Sean Waltman? The unlikely team walked out of SummerSlam with a huge victory, Will they play a big part in this match?

We also got two other big matches. We'll see a match which will determine the number one contenders for the WWF Tag Team Championship. The winners will get a shot this Monday night. It'll be Born In The USA taking on the Suicide Blonds. Which tag team will walk out of Friday Night Mayhem as the number one contenders? Also, Taka Michinoku faces Craig Finney in what should be a outstanding battle of the Light Heavyweight's. The winner will get a shot at Hakushi's WWF Light Heavyweight Championship at One Night Only!

Plus, We'll see another big match up take place, It'll be Vader battling Ken Shamrock. Both these men have been on top of their games as of late, Especially Vader, Who destroyed Cactus Jack at SummerSlam on Sunday night. Ken Shamrock was dominant in the six men tag team match on Sunday night, And defeated the administration. Which one of these two tough guys will leave this match with the win? What kind of shape is Vader in after Sunday's brutal affair with Cactus Jack?

Plus, We'll be hearing from Ahmed Johnson tonight. And rumor has it that Ahmed Johnson is going to talk about the WWF Championship. Ahmed Johnson, In many fans views, Should have left as the WWF Champion a few weeks ago, And they see him as the rightful number one contender. Will Ahmed Johnson get his title shot? This is a episode of Friday Night Mayhem you can't miss.

IPB Image

Credit KillingsVSCena for the logo

Channel: UPN

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: August 29, 1997

Attendance: 7,045

Ticket Sales: $281,800

Announcers: Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Vader Vs. Ken Shamrock

Ken Shamrock and Vader had a great showing tonight. The fans were definitely mixed on to cheer for during this battle. Vader was selling the injuries he suffered at SummerSlam. The announcers gave the advantage to Shamrock, Who wasn't in a war like Vader was in at SummerSlam. Shamrock started off taking the big man off his feet with quick offense, And almost locked the ankle lock a few times, But Vader made it to the ropes. Both men slugged it out and Vader took control of the world's most dangerous man. Vader was able to send Shamrock to the floor and rammed Shamrock's back into the steel ring post. Inside the ring, Vader slowly picked apart Ken Shamrock. Vader tried to finish Shamrock off early with a powerbomb, But Shamrock countered and again, Almost applied the ankle lock to Vader. But Vader soon caught Shamrock with a stiff lariat, Putting down Shamrock. Vader had some close near falls on Shamrock, But Shamrock kept fighting back. Shamrock was able to catch Vader with a hurricanrana, And followed up by using plenty of suplexes to Vader, Including a huge overhead belly to belly suplex to Vader. Shamrock caught Vader with a belly to belly suplex and called for the ankle lock. Shamrock applied the ankle lock to Vader, But Vader made it to the ropes. Vader quickly took Shamrock down with a clothesline and dragged Shamrock to the corner. Vader went for the Vader Bomb, But he got knocked off the ropes by Cactus Jack, Who hit Vader with a chair shot to the head! Referee Jack Doan called for the bell, Giving Vader the win by DQ.

Jack appeared to be in rougher shape than Vader, But he went to work on Vader, Hitting Vader with chair shots to the back. Shamrock got up, And knocked Jack down with a kick. Jack left the ring, While Shamrock checked on Vader.

69, 70, 85 ***

Needing Some Help?

Our cameras take us to the back, Where we see a closed locker room. The door opens up out and steps "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. Austin appears to be talking to someone inside the locker room.

Steve Austin- Yeah, Yeah. This Monday night. You got it? Thanks, I owe you one. Yeah, You help me out with him, And I'll take care of that piece of trash for you. Good.

Austin walks away and we cut inside the locker room, And we see Francis Cloutier, Smirking. The announcers wonder what these two men were planning.

Steve Austin gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Born In The USA Vs. Suicide Blonds

The winners of this match will get a shot at Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit on Monday Night Raw. Both these two teams had a great match up. The fans were definitely split on this one. But Born In The USA seemed to get more crowd support than the Suicide Blonds. Suicide Blonds controlled this thing and did everything they could to try to put down The Patriot. They isolated The Patriot for quite awhile, And used their high risk offense to try to put away The Patriot, But Patriot kept fighting back. Patriot even survived a double drop kick from the Suicide Blonds. The Patriot made the hot tag to "All American" Bart Gunn, Who hit the ring and cleaned house. Gunn ran down Cage and Copeland with clotheslines and atomic dropped both men. Born In The USA double drop kicked Cage out of the ring, Leaving Copeland in the ring with both men. Born In The USA went for the Bashed In The USA to Copeland, (Patriot comes off the top with the Patriot Missile, Gunn follows up with forearm shot) But Copeland ducked the Patriot missile! Cage quickly dragged Patriot to the outside and both men fought out on the floor. Inside the ring, Copeland caught Gunn with a big spear, But only for two. Copeland tried again, But Gunn moved out of the way, And Copeland hit the turnbuckles! Gunn then came off the ropes with the Forearm Shot to Copeland! Gunn covered and scored the win!

Afterwards, Both teams shook hands and hugged each other. Born In The USA will get their chance at the WWF Tag Team Championship this Monday night!

70, 73, 84 ***

Keeping An Eye On You

We go backstage where Francis Cloutier is shown. Cloutier is walking around, Opening locker rooms, Looking for someone. He opens up another locker room, And smiles. Our cameras show D'Lo Brown inside. D'Lo gets up, And looks ready to strike on Cloutier.

Francis Cloutier- Hang on, I don't want a fight. Look, I know you heard some things about me. You think I sent those guys to take you out at SummerSlam, But I'm telling you, It wasn't me. I swear it to you.

D'Lo Brown- You swear? What a load of crap! I know your tricks, I remember you sending some punks after Nash too!

Francis Cloutier- Hey, That was never proven. Look, I like you, Man. I don't want to fight you. I know last week we got a little heated, But I blame myself for that one. D'Lo, I promise you, I won't get in your way. You're a great guy, I just want to be friends.

D'Lo Brown- Fine. I guess we did get off on the wrong foot. Lets just forget about that.

Both men shake hands. Cloutier is about to exit the locker room, But D'Lo pulls him back in.

Francis Cloutier- What are you doing?

D'Lo Brown- See, I saw you talking to Austin earlier tonight. What was that all about?

Francis Cloutier- Oh, That was just some business. Nothing to worry about.

D'Lo Brown- Heh, That's where you're wrong. I know you're sending that lunatic after me, Well, I've beaten his ass before, And I'll do it again. But see, You think you can con me. I told you, I didn't like the way you walked around here, Getting people to handle your problems. I know you got something big for Monday night planned, So, Friend, Everywhere you go, I'll be right there. I'll make sure you handle your own problems without getting someone else involved. And Cloutier, If I ever have ten guys jumping me again, Or if my flight to Monday Night Raw gets canceled again, I'm gonna take it out on your little cracker ass.

D'Lo lets go of Cloutier and exits the locker room. Cloutier looks pissed off as his little plan didn't work.

Francis Cloutier gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bret Hart© Vs. The Undertaker

The Undertaker got his chance to win back the title, Four days after losing it on Monday night. The Undertaker jumped Hart as soon as the four time WWF Champion made it into the ring. Undertaker beat Hart from pillar to post, Almost getting himself disqualified a few times. Bret Hart was thrown to the outside, Where the former WWF Champion stalked "The Hitman". Undertaker tossed Hart into the steel steps, And rammed Hart into the post. Hart took control of things by sending Undertaker into the guardrail, And hitting Undertaker with the ring bell. Inside the ring, Hart wore down Undertaker and worked over the legs of the phenom. Bret Hart applied a figure four to Undertaker, But that would not keep Undertaker down. Hart got near falls over Undertaker, Even using the ropes to his advantage a few times, But Undertaker would kick out. Hart started connecting with his trademark maneuvers, But got surprised, As Undertaker would sit up from each of them. Undertaker caught Hart with a DDT and made the comeback. Undertaker almost won it with the walk on the ropes, But Hart had his feet on the ropes. Undertaker caught Hart by the throat and choke slammed Hart. Undertaker lifted Hart up and went for the Tombstone, But Hart kicked the referee in the face, Taking out the referee. Undertaker struggled, But was able to tombstone Hart! Undertaker covered, But there was no one to make the count. The fans then booed as Jacobs came walking down to the ring. Jacobs entered the ring and he and Undertaker traded blows. Jacobs grabbed Undertaker by the throat and choke slammed Undertaker! Jacobs left the ring and stood at ringside. Hart covered Undertaker, And the referee came too, Making the three count!

Hart took the WWF Championship and left the ring while Jacobs entered the ring once again.

81, 96, 78 ***

The Undertaker gained overness from this feud ending.

Straight To Hell

Jacobs lifted Undertaker and tossed Undertaker into the corner! Jacobs started to pummel Undertaker down! The referee tried to get Jacobs off of Undertaker, But he got choke slammed for his trouble! Jacobs went back to work, Continuing to pummel away at Undertaker. But Undertaker fought back! Undertaker started to nail Jacobs with right hands, Rocking down Jacobs! Undertaker hit Jacobs with a uppercut and booted Jacobs in the face! Undertaker came off the ropes with the flying clothesline, Which took Jacobs off of his feet! Undertaker slowly got up, As Jacobs sat up. Undertaker hit Jacobs with right hands, But the match he had been in took alot out of Undertaker, As Jacobs kneed him down. Jacobs sent Undertaker outside with a clothesline. Jacobs went after Undertaker, Sending Undertaker into the steel steps. Jacobs grabbed the top part of the steps and tossed them into Undertaker's head! Jacobs grabbed Undertaker over his shoulder and carried Undertaker up the ramp way. Our cameras followed them all the way to the parking area, Where there was a ambulance waiting. Jacobs tossed Undertaker into the ambulance! Jacobs was about to close the door, When Undertaker's hand reached out and started to choke Jacobs! Undertaker dragged Jacobs into the ambulance and shut the door. Both men started to fight in the back of the ambulance! We then saw the driver inside the ambulance, Paul Bearer!

Paul Bearer- Undertaker, It's time for you to go on a ride you'll never forget!

The ambulance drives away as we see Jacobs and Undertaker fighting in the back. Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with the announcers wondering what will happen next.

The Undertaker lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ahmed Johnson Gets A Big Surprise

Ahmed Johnson makes his way to the ring to a big ovation from the fans. Ahmed Johnson enters the ring and asks for the microphone.

Ahmed Johnson- I came out here for one reason, And one reason only, To get my shot at the WWF Championship! Everyone knows I had the title won a few weeks back. And now, We got Kevin Nash wanting a shot at the title. Hell no! I want my shot first! Bret Hart, I know you're listening, I want a shot at your little Canadian ass! And I want it tonight! I want to get my hands on you very badly. You were the one who cost me my chance to be the WWF Champion. I ain't leaving this ring until someone gives me my title shot.

Almost immediately, William Regal comes walking down the ramp way. Regal enters the ring and asks for a microphone. He offers Johnson a handshake, But Johnson is not in the mood tonight.

Ahmed Johnson- Don't even start this BS with me. I want my damn title shot! Unless you plan on giving me my title shot, Get your English ass outta here!

William Regal- Mr. Johnson, Please, No profanities. We got sponsors! Ahmed Johnson, The Commissioner and myself have been talking about you. You do have a point, You had the title in your grasps a few weeks ago. We know that. But you see, You got your shot, And you didn't win the title. And after that, Bret "The Hitman" Hart, The current WWF Champion, Defeated you. Why should you get a shot at the title? But, Mr. Rude sees what a great asset you are to the company. He feels that you are a future WWF Champion in the making. That's why he asked me to come up with a solution. He wants to make sure you earn your spot. And you will have a chance to do that. Because, At the next Pay Per View, In Your House "Almost Human", It'll be you taking on the wrestler who I will be managing from now on, The newest member of the administration. And if you somehow defeat this man, You'll get your title shot.

Ahmed Johnson- Fine, After I beat your little client, I get my shot at the title? Good. Who's this guy? Or are you going to make me wait for the PPV to find out?

William Regal- Oh no, I wanted to introduce him to you tonight. Just to make sure you know what you're in for on September 21st. Ladies and gentlemen, It takes me great pleasure to introduce my client, The world's strongest man, Mark Henry!

Mark Henry comes marching his way down the ramp way. The fans can't believe it! They're booing the hell out of Henry. Before Henry enters the ring, Johnson knocks Regal down with a right hand! Henry enters the ring and he and Johnson are fighting! Both men are trading blows! Ahmed Johnson rocks down Mark Henry with right hands. Johnson comes off the ropes with a clothesline to Henry, Knocking down Henry! Johnson is calling for the Pearl River Plunge! Johnson pulls up Henry, But before he can apply the maneuver, Regal nails Johnson from behind with a steel chair! Mark Henry powerslams Johnson down! Henry comes off the ropes and crushes Johnson with a big splash! Regal tells Henry to do it one more time! Henry again splashes Johnson! Henry stands over Johnson while Regal laughs. Regal and Henry leave the ring while paramedics come to check on Johnson. Jim Ross is in shock over Henry's turn, And asks how Johnson can defeat Henry on September 21st.

Mark Henry's turn was completed, and he is now a heel.

Mark Henry gained overness from this turn.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Taka Michinoku Vs. Craig Finney

During the match, The announcers got a call from the local "Sheriff", Who said that there was a accident, And that the ambulance we saw Bearer, Jacobs and Undertaker in, Crashed near a river. He said his people are searching for survivors. He also mentioned that the ambulance had caught on fire. Obviously, That changed the focus of this match, As the announcers spent the match discussing the events that happened between the three men. It was announced that the winner would get a shot at Hakushi's WWF Light Heavyweight Championship next Saturday Night at One Night Only. Finney and Taka had a good showing, But the lack of crowd interest hurt the match. The announcers talked about how Aguila was attacked backstage on Monday night, And wondered if Hakushi had something to with it. They announced that Aguila would be out indefinitely. Both men got alot of close near falls on each other. Finney got frustrated after Taka kicked out of the Live Without Warning, And brought his skateboard into the ring. Finney went to hit Taka with it, But the referee pulled it away from him. Finney then walked into Taka's Michinoku Driver. Taka covered and got the win!

Taka didn't get to celebrate his win, As Hakushi ran down to the ring and spit red mist into Taka's eyes! Hakushi then planted Taka with a big DDT! Hakushi stood over Taka, And spit out some mist into the crowd.

58, 50, 81 **1/4

Craig Finney lost overness from this match.

Taka Michinoku gained overness from this match.

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Interview with Cactus Jack

We cut backstage where we see Cactus Jack. Jack is sitting down on the floor, Looking to be in bad shape after what happened at SummerSlam.

Cactus Jack- Vader, You thought you could kill me? But look at me, Even in bad shape like this, I can still fight you! Yeah, I'm cut, I have broken bones, And a concussion, But you couldn't kill me! Nothing can kill me! Vader, I told you, No one can stop me. And you found that out tonight. You tried your hardest, The thumb tacks, The powerbomb on the floor, And the moonsault, And sure, You won a small war, But the battle isn't over. Not by a long shot. See, Even if you stop Cactus Jack, There will always be someone else to take my place. Cactus Jack is not the only one who can fight you. No, There's more. There's always more. Someone else to fight you in the place of Cactus Jack. But Vader, If you thought SummerSlam was something, Wait until September 21st. That's the day where the legend of Mrs. Foley's baby boy will live on forever. Vader, If you're man enough, I want another match. Something as violent as SummerSlam. And I want it at In Your House "Almost Human".

Cactus Jack gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Scorpio flies off the top with the Diss That Don't Miss to Alex Wright. (Monday Night Raw 8/25/97)

Al Snow, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman and Shawn Michaels Vs. Envy and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

We got a call from the Sheriff, Who said no one was found at the crash site. He said that some people saw two men walk away from the ambulance, A short male and a tall bald man. He said there was blood everywhere, But the third person has not been found. He said if the person is found, It's unlikely that this person would survive, As the person might have drowned in the river. This was a great eight men tag team match up. The fans were electrified for this match. Michaels showed a new mean streak, Which seems to have gotten more fans behind the "Heart Break Kid". Michaels ran down to the ring and tried to fight off all four of his opponents before his partners even came down to the ring. The match was an all out war, With the wrestlers fighting all over the place. The fans popped huge whenever Snow and Austin went at it. Envy looks like they're still feuding with Snow, While Hall and Waltman fought with anyone who got in their way. Al Snow clotheslined Martel out to the floor and came off the ropes with a dive to Martel. Hall then clotheslined Maivia and Perfect outside as well. Hall grabbed Waltman, And catapulted Waltman onto Perfect, Maivia, Martel and even Snow, Taking out all five men! Scott Hall was nailed by Austin, Who hit him with the Stone Cold Stunner, But before Austin could cover Hall, Michaels super kicked Austin! Michaels covered Austin and got the three count!

Things weren't over yet. Michaels went outside and grabbed a steel chair! Austin got up, And took several shots to the back! Michaels then nailed Austin with a shot to the head! Envy pulled Austin outside the ring. Michaels dared them to come in, But they knew better. Michaels' partners tried to hold back HBK, But he came off the ropes and dove onto all four men on the outside! Referees tried to control Michaels, But he shoved them aside, Still trying to go after Austin. Hall, Snow and Waltman went outside and held back Michaels while Envy and Austin fled. Michaels looked crazed, And shouted curses at Austin and Envy.

78, 90, 82 ***3/4

Oh yeah!

Bret Hart makes his way to the ring as we return from the back. Bret Hart is dressed in street clothes and he has the WWF Championship over his shoulder. Bret Hart enters the ring and asks for a microphone.

Bret Hart- I been WWF Champion for only four days, And I already got everyone breathing down my neck. Undertaker, I hope you're satisfied. You got your shot, And you lost. Ahmed Johnson, Good luck getting past Mark Henry. Scott Hall, I know who the Commissioner has you facing, and Hall, Lets just say, You're not getting anywhere near this title anytime soon. But there's one man who thinks he's worthy of getting a shot at this title, Kevin Nash, I don't know who you think you are. You think you can walk out here and demand a title shot against me? Who have you beaten? What have you done to even make yourself worthy of getting a shot at my title? If you want a shot at the title, You'll have to earn one like everyone else. I am a four time WWF Champion, No one on the current roster can say they've won this title four times. Not Undertaker, Not Shawn Michaels, Not Kevin Nash, Not Scott Hall, No one! I am the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be! And nobody can say otherwise! I challenge anyone to say they're better than me! No one has done as much as I have. And.........

The music of Ric Flair plays! The fans explode as the nature boy makes his return to the WWF! Flair slowly makes his way to the ring, Wearing a expensive suit. Flair also has some papers in hand. Flair enters the ring as the fans are on their feet.

Ric Flair- Woooooo! Princeton, New Jersey, The nature boy is here, Wooooooo! And let me tell you something, I missed being out here in front of each and everyone of you, Wooooooo! Flair comes off the ropes and struts And Bret Hart, I know you're wondering why I'm out here. I know you think I'm not suppose to be here, But it's simple. I'll explain it all to you. And this is some big news. This is huge, By God! Woooooooo!

Bret Hart- I don't give a damn why you're out here, You're not the Commissioner anymore, Rick Rude is! You lost your spot! Who in the hell do you think you are?

Ric Flair- Who do I think I am? I know who I am, These people know who I am! strutting I'm the limousine ridin', lear jet flyin', kiss stealin', wheelin' dealin', stylin' and profilin' son of a gun! Wooooooooo! Bret, I told you I would explain it, Wooooooo! You're right, I did lose my spot. Hell, I got beaten for it. I am no longer the Commissioner of the WWF. I'm not here to say that I am. But Bret, I been watching the shows. I been watching the WWF nonstop, Wooooooo! And I did not like what I saw! I did not like seeing the corrupt Rick Rude running things. I didn't like it one damn bit! Flair tosses his jacket down Rick Rude is nothing more than a corrupt Commissioner. But what could I do? I can't come back and take over. He's in charge, I'm not. That was until I got a phone call. Apparently, The board of directors didn't like what Rick Rude was doing either. They wanted to send in someone to watch his every move, To make sure he didn't play favorites. They wanted someone, Someone, Someone strutting like me! Wooooooo! I am no longer the Commissioner, But I am back, Baby! I am here to make it clear, I wish Rude was here, But he's not. Rick Rude, You and William Regal don't run things. You're the Commissioner, But I am overseeing your entire operation. That means, Every decision you make will have to go through me, And that's what the board of directors have stated! They also stated I can make matches. And Bret, This is where it involves you. I made a hell of a match for September 21st. In Your House "Almost Human", By God! It'll be Bret "The Hitman" Hart, In one corner, Defending the WWF Championship against the genetic wonder, Kevin Nash! Wooooooo! And you know what they say, To be 'The Man', you gotta beat the man! And Kevin Nash is the man! Wooooooooo! And you're gonna put the title on the line against him! How do you like that? Wooooooooo!

Before Bret Hart can respond, Kevin Nash's music plays! The fans erupt as Kevin Nash slowly walks down to the ring. Friday Night Mayhem goes off the air as Nash makes his way down the ramp way, Flair smiles while Hart gets ready for a fight.

Overall Rating- 80

TV Rating- 6.46

Notes

"The Patriot and Bart Gunn work well together as a team, it adds to their matches." -Pat Patterson

"Bret Hart and The Undertaker didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?" -Pat Patterson

"I think my last feud went very well, it has helped me get more over." -Bret Hart

"Taka Michinoku and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Christian Cage? I think our styles would really work well together." -Craig Finney

Man, after reading Raw and Mayhem, my future sight was very, very wrong. Hart takes the gold... okay, blow it off Taker after an okay run for him to fight with Jacobs for a while, understandable, but I still the feud needed the belt to make it EWR worthy.

Hart and Nash... sweet. It should be good and BY GOD, THA NATURE BOY IS BACK! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Should bring some very, very funny things to come and it means the Rude may be on his way to the unemployment line after a while. I am thrilled.

D'lo and Cloutier is finally starting to shape up well and could bring a good match at Almost Human.

Whats with Born in the USA coming out of no where to challenge Benoit/Pillman for the belts. I hope they get crushed. The Suicide Blondes are still getting those straps at SS in my mind.

Austin and HBK in the cage should be great and a good way to end the feud if you wished, but I think it'll last till Almost Human... maybe.

Need Jack back, he ain't done with Vader by a long shot. You can still get something good from both men if you let it go a bit longer I think.

And btw, Scorpio vs. The Party Boy should be gold.

Keep 'em coming Hewey.

IPB Image

Credit Kempay for the logo

Channel: USA Network

Time Slot: Late Evening

Date: August 30, 1997

Attendance: 7,008

Ticket Sales: $280,320

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Chavo Guerrero Vs. Shane Helms

Helms was used again here, This time, To face someone he knows very well, Chavo Guerrero. These two men had a excellent match, Getting Helms over in the process, And I'm sure he'll be a even bigger star when he returns to NWACI. It's rumored that the WWF will bring in Helms at the start of the new year, And with performances like this, Helms deserves a chance. Helms almost put Chavo Guerrero away several times, But Chavo Guerrero kept fighting back. Chavo Guerrero pulled off the win with a tornado DDT. Afterwards, Chavo celebrated and told the fans he was getting back his WWF Light Heavyweight Championship.

72, 52, 93 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit© Vs. Ron Killings and Taka Michinoku

Another great match up here. Brian Pillman tried to attack a male "fan" in the front row, But the fan was taken to safety before Pillman could get his hands on him. The WWF probably got complains about Pillman attacking women, So they wanted to make sure no one was safe from this nut ball. The two light heavyweight's gave the champions quite the challenge, And almost walked away with the titles several times. In the end though, It was down to Chris Benoit and Ron Killings in the ring, While Pillman and Taka fought on the outside. Chris Benoit took a scissors kick from Killings, Which got a very close two count. Killings tried to follow up with another one, But Benoit avoided it and applied the Crippler Crossface to Killings for the submission win.

81, 75, 88 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Kip Parker W/Sable Vs. British Bulldog

Looks like Davey Boy Smith is on his way out. Parker and Bulldog had a good match up here. Bulldog controlled things with his power while Parker used his speed and flashiness to turn things around for himself. Bulldog, At one point, Tried to gorilla slam Parker to the floor, But Parker escaped, Landing behind Bulldog, And drop kicked Bulldog outside. Parker then came off the ropes with a dive onto Bulldog on the outside. Bulldog was able to send Parker into the steel post and controlled things inside the ring. Bulldog was not able to keep Parker down, And Parker won the match with a victory roll.

76, 76, 77 **1\2

British Bulldog lost overness from this match.

Kip Parker gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. John Bradshaw

The fans gave Helmsley some mad heat here. The announcers reminded us that Goldust would return this Monday night! Bradshaw started off giving Helmsley a good old fashioned beating, But Helmsley took advantage after hitting Bradshaw over his injured leg. Helmsley used a figure four to wear down Bradshaw, But the big hoss wouldn't stay down. Bradshaw fought back, And even connected with his big lariat to Helmsley, But couldn't go for the cover due to his injured leg. Bradshaw nailed Helmsley with several right hands, But Helmsley walked away the winner after kicking Bradshaw on his injured leg and then following up by delivering the Pedigree.

80, 83, 75 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scorpio Vs. Nasty Mike

The fans weren't into this match, Even though Scorpio is quite over. The announcers wondered if Scorpio was going to lay down a challenge for the "Party Boy", For one of his titles. Scorpio and Mike had a great match up, And Mike is slowly showing signs of a face turn, As he didn't break any rules, And did his nasty dance to a pop from the crowd. (probably dubbed into the show) Scorpio picked up the hard fought win with the Diss That Don't Miss.

67, 49, 85 **1\2

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Taka Michinoku gets a big win, Thanks to the Michinoku Driver. (Friday Night Mayhem 8/29/97)

Kevin Nash Vs. Mr. Yokozuna

Not a pretty match here, But it was used to hype up Kevin Nash's title shot. Nash pretty much dominated Mr. Yokozuna, And won the match in about three minutes with a big boot. Afterwards, Nash clotheslined Yokozuna to the outside and grabbed a steel chair. Nash drilled Yokozuna with two huge chair shots to the head! Nash then rolled Mr. Yokozuna back into the ring where he again, Drilled Mr. Yokozuna with a big boot. Nash posed and did the title around the waist motion as RAW Saturday Night went off the air with Coachman calling Nash the next WWF Champion.

76, 82, 64 *1/4

Overall Rating- 65

TV Rating- 2.96

Competition

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.99

Attendance- 3,509

Ticket Sales- $105,270

WCW Road Wild

Pay Per View Buyrate- 1.14

Attendance- 12,622

Ticket Sales- $757,320

Pay Per View Revenue- $2,850,000

SWF Rock This Country

Pay Per View Buyrate- 0.57

Attendance- 6,614

Ticket Sales- $264,560

Pay Per View Revenue- $1,425,000

NWACI Wanted In Edmonton

Attendance- 116

Ticket Sales- $2,320

Notes

"Hunter Hearst Helmsley and John Bradshaw didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?" -Pat Patterson

"Our ratings battle with Hardcore TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We have superior star power on our roster, which is hurting their image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them. The fans see us as being the more professional promotion, thanks to our higher production values." -Sophie

News

- WCW have signed independent worker Mike Rotundo to a written contract!

- WCW have signed independent worker Avalanche to a written contract!

- WCW have signed independent worker Duke Droese to a written contract!

- Kendall Windham has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

- USPW have signed Slick to a written contract!

Busy couple of shows, and sorry for not getting much in the way of replies in here. Glad to see Taker drop the title, although Bret just seems like a cancer at this point. He is dragging stuff down and hopefully this win will bring his morale back up. He will need it if you fire Bulldog.

Didn't see marty winning both titles, but hopefully he will be defending them frequently. It would suck to see one of them fade out.

Nash <3

That's all for now, but yeah. Keep up the good work (Y)