World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

Another fantastic PPV where I would have felt I got my money worth. High quality matches with some big story lines happening and of course, some very key seed planting. I predicted the Hart heel turn correctly and it was definitely a very 97/98 style swerve that wrestling was trying pull back then. I only got the swerve myself because it started to seem like things were pointing too much at Michaels going heel. Though I would have preferred Michaels going heel, Hart will make a fantastic top heel and open some doors for some really interesting things the next several months. I'll go out on a limb and predict Bret Hart v. Undertaker for Summerslam just like it was in the real WWF. I'd also guess, Hart takes the title. As for KOTR, the turn came off great and McMahon has just the right amount of indignition over the event. I look forward to the promos from both wrestlers that will inevitable happen on Raw.

Rick Martel was probably the guy I was thinking would win the battle royal until he started getting invovled with Shamrock & Maivia. Jacobs became my pick out of default. I'd say this booking choice make more sense especially since Jacobs still came off looking really strong. Now it'll probably have Maivia v. Shamrock as a central feud with Martel still instigating things. Probably for Summerslam we will have Martel & Maivia as a team to do battle with Shamrock. It looks like a face turn was planted for Kevin Nash as he not only eliminated a stable mate but he showed respect to Waltman. I'm interested to see where Nash goes from here. All in all, a well booked battle royal.

Super glad to see project Godwinns come to an end. It was great to see Pillman & Beniot demolish them so much. It was almost like WWF was apologizing for making the decision to have Godwinns as champs. I'll accept it if it means Beniot & Pillman continue to kick ass.

I like the impending Hakushi heel turn. I also like that Christopher was made to look fairly strong still. Finally, things may finally be heating up for the light heavy division.

Lots of wrestlers kicked out finishers on the PPV. I would say a few too many. It takes the impact away of Undertaker being able to kick out from the stunner when we saw finishers kick outs by Droese, Bulldog, Chavo, & Christopher (I think, more then that too). That is a small negative on what was a fun show.

I definitely felt a lot of the stories were paid off well. I'm very excited to what is in store for the next many months. Raw should be fantastic.

One more thing, Vader v. Bulldog was realy well booked despite me not really being a fan of the build up. I would say both men came out looking stronger. Kudos.

IPB Image

Credit Kempay for the logo

Date: June 23, 1997

Tonight, Monday Night Raw comes to you twenty four hours removed from the King Of The Ring. Plenty of things went down last night, But the most shocking event was Bret Hart turning his back on the fans and joining the Administration. Why did Bret Hart do it? Why did "The Hitman" sell out the fans and join the Administration? Tonight, The Administration will be in Hartford and we'll be hearing from them. Will Bret Hart tell us why he turned his back on the fans and joined the Administration? What will happen when Shawn Michaels shows up? If he shows up at all? Will we see things explode between both men?

The Undertaker retained the WWF Championship in a tough match against Steve Austin last night. Tonight, The Undertaker once again puts the title on the line. We'll see a huge main event take place as the greatest WWF Champion of all time, The Undertaker, Puts the title on the line against Steve Austin, Vader and British Bulldog in a fatal four way elimination match up. Which man will walk away with the WWF Championship once the night is over? Will a new World Wrestling Federation Champion be crowned tonight?

Matches For Monday Night Raw

World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Championship

Chavo Guerrero© Vs. Hakushi Vs. Brian Christopher

Chavo Guerrero retained his title against Brian Christopher last night due to some unwanted help from Hakushi. The WWF officials thought it would be fair to give Christopher a rematch, But due to his involvement last night, Hakushi has also been thrown into the match. This should be a fast and furious triple threat match up. Who will walk away with the coveted WWF Light Heavyweight Championship?

Ken Shamrock Vs. Rocky Maivia

Rocky Maivia was eliminated from last night's battle royal by both Ken Shamrock and Rick Martel. Maivia later on returned and distracted Shamrock, Costing Shamrock the match. But did Maivia mean to cost Shamrock the match? Or was he going after Martel? Either way, This big match up has been signed for tonight. Can Rocky Maivia score the upset? Or will he tap out to the ankle lock?

Jacobs Vs. Brian Adams

Jacobs was a monster last night. Jacobs eliminated men left and right until it took five men to eliminate him. One of the men he eliminated was Brian Adams. Will Jacobs be able to defeat Brian Adams in this match up and continue his reign of terror? Or will he be put away by the heart punch?

D'Lo Brown Vs. Sycho Sid

D'Lo Brown won last night's King Of The Ring tournament to be crowned the 1997 King Of The Ring. This did not please the Administration. William Regal has signed D'Lo Brown to face the monster Sycho Sid tonight. Will D'Lo Brown be able to defeat Sycho Sid twenty four hours after wrestling twice? Or will he fall to the powerbomb?

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Fatal Four Way Elimination Match

The Undertaker© Vader Vs. British Bulldog Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

The WWF Championship is on the line in one huge match up. Who will walk away with the WWF Championship? Will a new champion be crowned? Can The Undertaker retain the title? All four men are no doubt hurting from their matches last night. But who will suck it up and walk away with the richest price in wrestling?

IPB Image

Channel: USA Network

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: June 23, 1997

Attendance: 7,502

Ticket Sales: $300,080

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Vince McMahon

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Monday Night Raw comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Dok Hendrix and Vince McMahon are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Why Hitman? Why?

The fans begin booing as the music of the Rude Administration begins to play. The boos only get louder as Commissioner Rick Rude and William Regal are shown. Following them, Bret Hart, British Bulldog and Mr. Yokozuna. No Kevin Nash though. The five men enter the ring and pose. McMahon says he's in shock over what happened last night at the King Of The Ring. Rude is handed a microphone and gets ready to speak, The crowd boos him loudly, But he just smiles.

Rick Rude- You people are looking at the elite group in the World Wrestling Federation. This group right here is the group that runs the WWF. And after last night, This group only got stronger. I promised the world one hell of a shocking night, And I kept good on my promise. Even though D'Lo somehow won the King Of The Ring, And it happened. You people thought Shawn Michaels was selling out and joining the Administration. But it didn't happen. I had someone better in mind to join this elite pack. Bret Hart went to me for help and I was there for him. Bret Hart did what he had to do. You people turned your backs on him, And he came to me for help. Nice guys finish last in the WWF. And Bret Hart wants to be on top of the WWF. And as for Shawn Michaels, I don't think he'll show his face in the WWF ever again. I mean, Not after you people booed him. Not after you thought he was selling out. You put your trust in the wrong man and he screwed all of you over. Now then, Show some respect for the excellence of execution, The best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be, Bret "the Hitman" Hart!

Rick Rude hands the microphone over to Bret Hart, The boos are deafening. "The Hitman" looks on at the crowd through his black shades.

Bret Hart- Thank you Commissioner. I know some of you fans might be disappointed with me, But honestly, I don't give a damn. Let me say that again, I don't give a damn. I don't give a damn about any of you anymore. I just don't care about any of you fans in anywhere around the world anymore. And why should I? What have you people done for me? You turned your backs on me. You booed me. You cheered for Shawn Michaels. You cheered for him when he took my title, And you cheered for him last night. Last night was the night where I made a statement. No more Mr. nice guy. What has being a nice guy gotten me? Everyone turned on me. So, I went to the Commissioner for help. And what a beautiful plan it was. We made Shawn Michaels look like the biggest rat bastard in the world. You people booed him. You might have booed me, But you booed him alot more. And it was so easy to set up Shawn Michaels. Hell, He did it to himself. He's always so full of him. He walks around with that cocky attitude. And that's why it was so easy. I wasn't expecting to get booed last night, But that just opened my eyes more. I told everyone that I'd do whatever it took to win. And I did it. And I don't regret. You turned your backs on me, So screw all of you! And Shawn Michaels, Screw you! You thought you were going to have such a easy time last night. But you lost! I got my win back. I proved that Wrestlemania XII was nothing more than a fluke. And let me tell you something boy toy, There will be no more rematches. The way I got it figured, I proved everything I needed to prove to you last night. I proved to you that I still am the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be.

Rick Rude- Shawn Michaels, If you want out of the WWF, Hand in your papers. Because, I'll be more than happy to get rid of you! And................

The happy group is interrupted by Kevin Nash's music. They look surprised as the genetic wonder comes walking down the entrance way. The crowd gives Nash a mixed reaction as he enters the ring. Mr. Yokozuna is about to get in Nash's face, But he's held back. Nash stares down Bret Hart, Not with a happy look on his face.

Rick Rude- Nice of you to join us Kevin. For a minute there, I forgot you were apart of this group. With what happened last night and all.

Kevin Nash- Well, I didn't really feel comfortable being out here with you guys tonight. Especially since I been getting screwed over in the past couple of weeks. And especially since this little bastard is now in the Administration.

Rick Rude- What are you talking about? How'd you get screwed?

Kevin Nash- Where's my title shot? First, I had to sit back and let Sycho Sid take his turn. And then, Austin. And now Martel. Where is my title shot? I told you that I wanted the World Wrestling Federation Championship. And I haven't gotten a shot at the Taker.

Rick Rude- Maybe you'd get another title shot, But you always blow it against him. And you had your chance last night. And you failed. You got eliminated by Sean Waltman! And if you want to earn your way back into the title scene, You'll have a long road ahead of you Kevin. And as for Bret Hart, He came to me for help. When was the last time you came to me for help? You couldn't take out Waltman, Vader or Hall. You couldn't take the title off of Undertaker either. You had your chances.

Kevin Nash- Don't forget who put your ass in charge Rude.

Rick Rude- I don't. But don't forget who runs things around here.

Bret Hart- You know, I think you're very ungrateful Kevin. You've had your chances. And you blew them. I been screwed out of every chance to become the WWF Champion. And you know what? Before you got a title shot, I'll be the one taking the title. And if you don't like that, Then you're welcome to come try and change it.

Kevin Nash- What? You wanna fight little man? Don't make me toss your ass all over the ring!

Rick Rude- Hang on damn it! No one is gonna fight! I'll tell you what. Kevin, You want a shot at the WWF Championship? Then do something for me! I want you to take out Shawn Michaels! That's right! I know he'll be here tonight. I can feel it. And I know he's looking to strike us. So, I want you to take him out! You've done it before! And if you do, Then you're the number one contender for the WWF Championship! I'll give you as many title shots as you want!

Kevin Nash- That's all? Consider it done. And Hart, Me and you, We're not done yet.

Nash exits the ring leaving the other members of the Administration looking on.

Bret Hart debuted his new gimmick, (Old School Heel) it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

63 days until he comes. Who is the man behind the mask? The countdown is on!

Chavo Guerrero© Vs. Hakushi Vs. Brian Christopher

The Light Heavyweight division finally seems to be kicking off in the right direction. Some say people in the back were pleased with last night's events during the Light Heavyweight Championship match up and want to give the Light Heavyweights more TV time on the main shows. This match was set up due to last night's events during the Guerrero/Christopher match up. Hakushi came down to the ring with a whole new look. He shaved his head and is now wearing all black. McMahon talked about how black usually represents a darker side. The action here was good and fast. Hakushi went right after Chavo and Christopher from the opening bell. All three men looked like they could win the match up at anytime. Hakushi wowed the crowd by executing a asai moonsault to both Christopher and Chavo out on the floor. Brian Christopher almost picked up the win after coming off the top with the Tennessee Jam to Chavo, But Hakushi was able to make the save. About seven minutes into the match up, Chavo Guerrero was taking it to both men. Chavo came running at Christopher, But Christopher countered and back dropped Chavo, But Chavo landed on the apron. Christopher went to hit Chavo, But Chavo neck snapped Christopher's neck across the ropes, Sending him into Hakushi, Who spit red mist into Christopher's face. Hakushi followed up with a big tornado DDT and covered, But it was broken up by Chavo, Who came off the top with the Frog Splash to Hakushi. Chavo covered Hakushi to pick up the win!

Chavo Guerrero celebrated his big victory to cheers from the fans. Chavo headed to the back with the title while Hakushi stood up. Hakushi spit red mist right at referee Mike Chioda! Hakushi stood over a blinded Chioda with a sick smile on his face.

72, 62, 82 **1\2

Continuing The Cause

We go backstage where Kevin Kelly is standing by with Rocky Maivia.

Kevin Kelly- Rocky Maivia, Last night, You participated in the twenty men battle royal at the King Of The Ring. You were eliminated by Ken Shamrock and Rick Martel. But that didn't stop you. You came down from the back when it was down to Martel and Shamrock. You distracted Shamrock, Allowing Martel to get the win. After the match ended, A angry Ken Shamrock attacked you. Rocky Maivia, Why did you meddle in Martel's and Shamrock's business last night?

Rocky Maivia- Kevin Kelly, I didn't mean to cost Shamrock the match. I don't feel sorry for costing him the match though. Shamrock talked about how much of a bastard Martel is, But he worked with Martel to eliminate me. I'm glad Shamrock lost. I wish both of them would have lost. I also wish I would get to face both men in the ring. And as for Shamrock attacking me last night, Ken, Tonight, Lets settle this once and for all.

Kevin Kelly- You are facing Ken Shamrock tonight one on one. And after last night's actions, Do you fear he might hurt you in the ring?

Rocky Maivia- I'm not scared of Ken Shamrock. And after I'm done whipping Ken Shamrock all over Hartford, I'm coming after Rick Martel. Rick Martel can't run from me anymore. And.........

Rocky Maivia is cut off as Rick Martel shows up on the scene. The fans boo as Martel has a big smile on his face. He pats Kelly on the back and gets face to face with Maivia.

Rocky Maivia- What do you want? Want me to beat you down right here and now?

Rick Martel- Rocky, No need to fight. I just wanted to thank you for helping me out last night. I mean, You distracted Kenny boy perfectly. Thanks to you, I'm going into In Your House to face The Undertaker for the WWF Championship. It'll be in my home country. And Rocky, After I become the WWF Champion, You'll see that being a nice guy will get you nowhere. Look at me. As soon as I ditched those people, I became the number one contender. A talent such as yourself needs someone to guide him. And I'm the man to guide you. You have a big match tonight, And just so you know, I'll be there for you. Just like you were there for me last night.

Rocky Maivia- I don't need you. I can do fine on my own. Watch what I do to Ken Shamrock tonight. And after you do become the WWF Champion, Make sure to give me the first crack at the title.

Maivia leaves the set, Bumping into Martel. Martel looks on with a arrogant smile on his face.

Rick Martel- Whatever you say, Rocky. Whatever you say.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Rocky Maivia Vs. Ken Shamrock

The crowd was hot for this match. Both men seemed to have great chemistry together and put on a great match up. Shamrock and Maivia didn't waste anytime and went right after the other and traded blows. Shamrock got the best out of Maivia early on and tossed the young rookie to the outside. They fought on the outside with Maivia turning the tides by sending Shamrock into the steel steps shoulder first. Rocky worked over Shamrock's shoulder through out the match, But the world's most dangerous man would not stay down. The crowd started to boo Maivia and cheer for Shamrock, But that only made the rookie more aggressive. Maivia looked like he had pulled off the upset when he caught Shamrock with a wrap around DDT, But Shamrock somehow kicked out. Rocky Maivia even tried to do the TGS to Shamrock, But Shamrock always countered. After getting worked over for a long time, Shamrock was able to catch Maivia with a huge clothesline. Shamrock made the comeback and ran down Maivia with a few more clotheslines and back dropped Maivia. Shamrock took down Maivia with a hurricanrana take over and followed up with a spinning heel kick. Shamrock took down Maivia with a vicious belly to belly suplex and called for the Ankle Lock. Shamrock applied the Ankle Lock to Maivia, But before Maivia could tap out, Rick Martel was shown coming down the ramp way. Shamrock let go of Maivia and started bad mouthing Martel. Martel just laughed and told Shamrock to watch out. Shamrock turned around and walked right into the TGS from Maivia! Maivia covered Shamrock to pick up the win!

Rick Martel clapped and smiled, But Maivia didn't seem happy for the interference.

86, 83, 90 ***3/4

Rocky Maivia gained overness from this match.

Is It Over?

We cut backstage where we see Goldust and Marlena walking down the hallway. Goldust doesn't seem happy but Marlena has him by the arms. They enter a locker room and we see Hunter Hearst Helmsley sitting down on a bench. Helmsley looks about as unhappy as Goldust when he sees them in his locker room.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- What do you guys want? I thought I made it clear when I didn't want to see you two again. You screwed me over last night!

Goldust- Hunter, About that. See, Marlena............

Marlena- cutting off Goldust It was all a test. I thought you might have been taking advantage of Goldust's friendship, And I might have been right. I mean, It was every man for themselves. Why were you so mad when Goldust bundled you out?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- That's BS! He was suppose to have my back. He promised me!

Marlena- Well, I didn't think that was really fair. After all, You didn't help him when he got beat down by Hollywood and Kanyon.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- I was injured. I would have come down to help him advance in the tournament. Hell, I saved him before that. Remember Goldust?

Marlena- At half speed. Look, I know you two are "friends", But it's time for you to be as giving as Goldust is. So, If you want to end it all, Then fine. But let me just tell you something, He's always been there for you. You might have lost last night, But with us by your side, You can truly become something.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- I don't need either one of you. I'm done with the two of you.

Marlena- So be it.

Goldust looks shocked, But Marlena grabs him by the arm and takes him out of the locker room. Helmsley has a scowl on his face and does not look happy that Marlena' seen through his act. On the outside, Goldust is desperately trying to come back into the locker room, But Marlena tells him that she has a plan and that Hunter will learn to appreciate him.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jacobs with Bob Backlund Vs. Brian Adams with Brian Lee

We were shown clips of Jacobs' dominance from last night's King Of The Ring. McMahon kept talking about and hyping up the fact that it took five guys to eliminate Jacobs. McMahon also mentioned that both Adams and Lee were eliminated by Jacobs. The beginning of this match saw both Adams and Lee jump Jacobs right before the bell rang and do a number on Jacobs. Both men put the hurting on Jacobs and send him to the outside with a double clothesline. They send Jacobs into the steel steps and Adams even tossed the top part of the steps onto Jacobs' head! Both men put Jacobs back inside and beat down Jacobs in the corner and put down Jacobs with the Life Sentence/Heart Punch combo. Lee then went to the outside as the referee rung the bell to start the match. Adams covered Jacobs, But only got two! Adams didn't let that scare him and went right back after Jacobs. But nothing he did seemed to have a affect on Jacobs. Jacobs went to whip Adams into the ropes, But it was countered. As Jacobs came off the ropes, Lee pulled down the ropes, Causing Jacobs to land on the outside! Adams distracted the referee while Lee rammed Jacobs head first into the steel steps. Lee then went to punch Jacobs, But Jacobs grabbed Lee by the throat and choke slammed Lee out on the floor! Jacobs entered the ring and was met by a big boot from Adams. Adams then attempted another one, But Jacobs ducked and choke slammed Adams. Jacobs covered Adams and scored the win.

Backlund entered the ring and told Jacobs to finish Adams off. Jacobs lifted Adams up to his feet and tossed Adams right over the top rope. Jacobs went to the outside after Adams. Jacobs pulled Adams to his feet and rammed Adams head first into the steel ring post. Jacobs then pulled Adams up to his feet and dragged Adams near the entrance way. Jacobs lifted Adams up and choke slammed Adams right on the steel stage! Jacobs stood over Adams while Backlund laughed. Backlund lead Jacobs to the back as paramedics came down to check on both Adams and Lee.

77, 78, 77 **1\2

Jacobs gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hollywood Wants His Shot, But So Does The Party Boy

Chris Kanyon on crutches, Leads Hollywood Holly down to the ring as we return from the break. The announcers talk about how close Hollywood came to winning last night's King Of The Ring tournament as both men slowly make their way down to the ring. Both men enter the ring and Kanyon is handed a microphone. Kanyon limps around for a bit before speaking.

Chris Kanyon- Last night, An injustice was made. First, Marty Jannetty savagely attacked me. His attack on me caused my leg to be even more hurt than before. Now, There's a very low possibility of me ever coming back to the ring. I know that's some devastating news for all you fans, But blame Marty Jannetty. Jannetty, Don't think we're done with you. Even though Hollywood pinned you last night, We're gonna get revenge on you. And then, Hollywood was screwed out of becoming the 1997 King Of The Ring winner. How in the hell is this place fair when D'Lo Brown wins the tournament? D'Lo, Next time you step into the ring with Hollywood, You're gonna go down. But that's not why we're here. See, I don't know if you people remember this, But Jannetty pinned the WWF Intercontinental Champion, Al Snow in the tournament. And last night, Hollywood pinned Jannetty. So that means Hollywood should be the number one contender for Snow's title. And Al Snow, We want that title. Hollywood wants some gold. And if you're man enough, Give Hollywood a shot at next month's In Your House event. Hollywood deserves that WWF Intercontinental Championship. He deserves to have some gold after being screwed last night. And............

Marty Jannetty's music hits the arena, Cutting off Kanyon. Neither Hollywood or Kanyon look happy as the party boy comes dancing down to the ring. Jannetty enters the ring and snatches the microphone from Kanyon.

Marty Jannetty- What's up Hartford? Yeah! Marty's in the house! And Kanyon, I know you want Hollywood to get that title shot, I mean, He did beat me last night. But brother, I beat Al Snow. Hollywood didn't. It doesn't matter if he beat me or not, Cause, I beat the champ! Hollywood, Last night you did beat me. And you did it without this "injured" man at your side. I applaud that. But Marty's the next in line for Mr. Snow! And after I face Al Snow and become the Intercontinental Champion, I'm going down to Mexico and party with my brothers! Wooooooooo! It's party time!

Jannetty tosses the microphone down and begins to dance as his music plays. Before Marty can get too worked up, Hollywood clotheslines him down! Hollywood starts to put the boots to Jannetty while Kanyon chokes down Jannetty with one of his crutches. Before anymore damage can be done, Al Snow comes running down from the back! Snow enters the ring and runs over Hollywood with a clothesline! Kanyon quickly goes to the outside, Leaving his crutches in the ring. Snow takes one of them and breaks it over Hollywood's back! Snow grabs the other one and winds up, But Hollywood ducks and Snow nails Jannetty in the face! Hollywood quickly exits the ring. Hollywood and Kanyon laugh at Snow. Snow goes to check on Jannetty, Who shoves him aside! Both Jannetty and Snow start arguing with one another as we go to a commercial break.

Al Snow lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

D'Lo Brown Vs. Sycho Sid

D'Lo was suppose to do a interview before the match, But time was cut short, So it'll be saved for next week. Well, McMahon said D'Lo's coronation would be next week. No Dawn Marie or other members of The Money Mine were at ringside for this match. D'Lo Brown came down to the ring to quite a big ovation from the fans, Proving that he was the best choice to win last night's tournament. D'Lo jumped Sid right off the bat. D'Lo Brown took the fight to Sid, But Sid's sheer size proved to be too much for D'Lo and Sid quickly took control of the match. Sid worked over D'Lo with his usual power moves. But nothing Sid did was enough to put away D'Lo Brown. Referee Monty Davidson even gave Sid a few fast counts, But D'Lo was able to fight back. D'Lo made the big comeback after escaping a press slam from Sid and following up with a DDT. D'Lo followed up with his trademark maneuvers, But Davidson would always make a slow count. D'Lo Brown got caught around the throat by Sid, Who tried to Choke Slam the King Of The Ring, But D'Lo countered and took Sid down with the Sky High. Instead of going for the cover, D'Lo went up top. Monty Davidson then accidentally ran into the ropes, Causing D'Lo to lose his balance and fall from the ropes. Davidson started to taunt D'Lo and didn't see Mark Henry sneak into the ring. Sid got up to his feet and Henry powerslammed Sid! Henry left the ring while D'Lo recovered and went back up top. When Monty Davidson saw Henry at ringside, He didn't try any of his tricks, Which allowed D'Lo to come off the top with the Lo Down to Sid. D'Lo covered and Davidson, Very slowly, Made the three count.

D'Lo Brown celebrated his win while Henry entered the ring and taunted Sid. Monty Davidson did not look happy as he went to the back.

73, 77, 64 *1/4

D'Lo Brown gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Tag Challenge For Friday Night

Monday Night Raw returns from the break with the new WWF Tag Team Champions, Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit making their way down to the ring. The champs enter the ring and pose with the titles as McMahon talk about their hideous attack on Hillbilly Jim last night. Pillman is handed a microphone.

Brian Pillman- Last night, We proved to the entire world who the superior tag team in wrestling really was. We proved to everyone that Chris Benoit and myself are the elite tag team in wrestling. We told everyone that The Godwinns' win over us was nothing more than a fluke. And we proved that last night. Henry, Phineous, Did you boys think that you were going to beat us again? You can go back home to Arkansas and wrestle with your farm animals. Hey, You had your time in the spotlight. But in the end, The superior team came out with the titles. And that was Chris Benoit and myself. Godwinns, Anytime you two jokes want a rematch, Bring it on. Because the crippler and myself are more than willing to send you two back to Arkansas for good.

Chris Benoit- You know, Everyone thought those two jokes were going to beat us last night. No one thought we'd walk away with the gold, But each and everyone of you were proven wrong. Henry, Phineous, And hell, Even Hillbilly Jim got a taste of what it's like to run into the elite tag team in pro wrestling. We don't fear nobody. And this time, We'll hold the gold for a very long time. We're ready for any team that stands in our way. We've beaten everyone that there is to beat. And if you don't believe us, Just watch what we do. Any team that wants a shot, Bring it on. We're not afraid of anyone. We came to the WWF to face the very best in tag team wrestling, But no one has given us any competition. We want the top dogs. We're going to erase the disgraceful run The Godwinns had with our titles.

Brian Pillman- And we want to defend our titles this Friday night. We're laying down a tag team challenge for any team that thinks they have what it takes to take the gold off of around our waists. So, If anyone wants a challenge against the greatest tag team champions in history, You..............

The crowd cheers the interruption, As Scott Hall's music begins to play. Hall stands on top of the entrance way with his usual cocky smile. Hall holds a microphone and waits for the crowd to quiet down.

Scott Hall- Hey yo. It seems like you two want a match against someone? Well, You have beaten some of the top teams in the WWF, But you have not beaten me. And you know what? I've held every title there is to hold in the WWF. Except for one. And that is one half of the WWF Tag Team Championship. So, If you two Ken dolls want a real challenge, Don't sing it, Bring it.

Chris Benoit- Yeah, Well, We're the tag team champions, The keyword being team. You need a partner to be able to face us. And as we know, You don't have that many friends in the back. Do you?

Sean Waltman's music comes on to a big pop from the crowd. Waltman shows up the entrance way and stands next to Scott Hall.

Scott Hall- Is this good enough for you guys?

Sean Waltman- Benoit, Pillman, You two boys wanna face a real team? Well, Me and the lone wolf want those titles! I been there before, But now, I wanna wipe that smile off of both your faces. So, If you two are men enough, Put the titles on the line this Friday night! Come on!

Brian Pillman- How nice, It looks like they have reunited. That's all fine and dandy, But you two forget who we are. We're the elite team in pro wrestling. Forget about all those other teams. We're the real deal. And if you two want a shot at the titles, Then we accept! We said from the very start that we were going to go to the top of the WWF. And you two are big WWF superstars. And after we beat you and retain our titles, You'll find out why no one can come close to beating us.

Sean Waltman- Hey boys, This Friday night, Me and Scott Hall are gonna walk out with your titles!

We go to a commercial break with both teams staring each other down. Benoit and Pillman raise the titles in the air while Scott Hall and Waltman do the title around the waist motion.

Scott Hall lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Fatal Four Way Elimination Match

The Undertaker© with Paul Bearer Vs. Vader Vs. British Bulldog Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Solid main event here, With a hot crowd. In the beginning, Bulldog and Vader continue their feud and went after each other while Austin and Undertaker battled one another. Both Vader and Undertaker dominated their opponents and tossed them out to the floor. Then, Both men stared each other down and started to slug it out to a huge pop from the crowd. Vader took the fight to the phenom, But Undertaker nailed Vader over his damaged eye and booted Vader out to the floor. Bulldog and Austin jumped Vader on the outside, But Undertaker came running off the ropes with a huge dive to all three men on the outside! All four men brawled on the outside with Bulldog and Austin even going at it after Austin nailed Davey Boy Smith from behind. The first elimination came around the seven minute mark when Steve Austin planted Bulldog with the Stone Cold Stunner to eliminate Bulldog. The match went on with all three men left fighting each other. Steve Austin was tossed to the outside and that left Undertaker and Vader to do battle. Vader powerbombed Undertaker and connected with the Vader Bomb, But Undertaker kicked out. Vader got eliminated when he and Undertaker were slugging away at each other and Undertaker hit Vader on his injured eye. Undertaker quickly scooped Vader up and delivered the Tombstone to Vader for the elimination. We were left with Austin versus The Undertaker. Austin gave The Undertaker a fight like never before. The psychotic Austin almost put away the champion after hitting The Undertaker with a steel chair behind the referee's back, But Undertaker somehow kicked out. Undertaker made the comeback and choke slammed Austin out of nowhere. Undertaker covered Austin and picked up the win.

The Undertaker posed with the WWF Championship as Bearer held the urn high in the air. Rick Martel watched from the back, Not looking too impressed.

88, 90, 84 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Vader comes flying off the top with a moonsault to Bulldog. (King Of The Ring 6/22/97)

Making A Statement

Monday Night Raw returns from the break with Shawn Michaels coming down to the ring to a huge ovation from the crowd. Michaels doesn't look happy as he ignores the crowd and enters the ring. Michaels grabs the microphone from Finkel and paces in the ring for a few seconds.

Shawn Michaels- I told each and everyone of you people that I wasn't selling out. But no one believed me. That's fine with me. Because, Like I said, I don't give a damn about what you people think. I went into last night's match with something to prove. I had Bret Hart beat. He and Rude screwed me over. I won't come down here and b**** about it. What happened last night sucked, But I'll get over it. Infact, Bret, I know you don't want a rematch, But I think, We can settle this once and for all. The WWF isn't big enough for the both of us. And I ain't going anywhere. So, If you and the Administration wanna make my life a living hell, Go for it. I don't need anybody on my side. If I gotta fight all of you by myself, So be it. Commissioner, I..........

The crowd boos as Rick Rude and Bret Hart make their way from the back. Both men enter the ring slowly and stare down Michaels. The crowd is not happy by the interruption and boo Hart and Rude.

Rick Rude- Shawn Michaels, I gotta give you credit, You want to take on the entire Administration all by yourself. That's good for you. But it ain't gonna happen. Hell, You might wind up in the hospital before you get one shot at us. See, I got someone to take you out before you become a problem. Kevin Nash, You want your title shot, You know what to do.

His music plays and out comes Kevin Nash. Rude and Hart point at Michaels and laugh, Knowing the beating he's about to get. Nash enters the ring and shoves Hart aside and stares down Michaels.

Rick Rude- Kevin Nash has agreed to take you out for us. And Kevin, Remember our deal, You take him out, And I'll give you another shot at the WWF Championship. Shawn, Do you have any last wishes?

Nash shoves Michaels into the corner. Nash gets ready and hits Rude with a right hand! Rude is down! Bret Hart is shocked and gets a boot right to the face! The fans are going crazy! Shawn Michaels stays in the corner as Kevin Nash lifts Bret Hart up and sends Hart into the corner. Nash charges at Hart with a huge clothesline! Nash follows up with knee shots and then the back elbows to Hart's face! Bret Hart walks out of the corner right into a huge sidewalk slam from Nash! Rude gets up and Nash punches him back down! Rude rolls to the outside while Nash lifts Hart up. Nash sends Hart to the ropes and Hart comes out of the corner right into a big boot! Nash signals for the Jackknife. Michaels just watches as Nash drags Hart up. Jackknife Powerbomb to Hart! Rick Rude is furious! The fans are going crazy! Nash tosses Hart out to the floor. Rick Rude helps Hart up and both men head to the back. Michaels and Nash are left in the ring. Nash stares at Michaels and lifts his arm high in the air. Michaels jumps up in the air and high fives Nash! Monday Night Raw goes off the air with Michaels and Nash taunting Rude and Hart. McMahon yells that things are getting chaotic in the WWF!

Bret Hart lost overness from this segment.

Kevin Nash's turn was completed, and he is now a face.

Kevin Nash gained overness from this turn.

Overall Rating- 79

TV Rating- 6.90

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 5.89

Attendance- 6,003

Ticket Sales- $240,120

ECW Code Red

TV Rating- 4.82

Attendance- 2,508

Ticket Sales- $75,240

USPW Thursday Night Jam

TV Rating- 1.74

Attendance- 810

Ticket Sales- $24,300

Notes

"D'Lo Brown and Sycho Sid didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?" -Pat Patterson

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

News

- Mabel has been released from his contract.

- Hillbilly Jim has checked into rehab.

Guest Crossface

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING.

Good job, great administration angles, and a WONDERFULL turn.

I just hope Michaels and Nash won't be such a solid partners against the administration. (unlike Hall and Waltman. What happened to them?)

IPB Image

Credit KillingsVSCena for the logo

Date: June 27, 1997

Tonight, You can expect a chaotic night coming off the heels of one of the biggest Monday Night Raws in history. As we got three huge title matches and a huge main event taking place. Monday night, We saw the shocking turn of Kevin Nash. Nash, A former member of the Administration, Turned his back on Rick Rude's team and joined long time friend Shawn Michaels. Why has Michaels and Nash reunited? Will the Administration be able to fight off this new alliance between Michaels and Nash? Well, The Commissioner has already planned a big night for Nash and Michaels. It was announced that in tonight's main event we'd see Nash and Michaels have to face Goldust and Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Usually, Michaels and Nash would be at the disadvantage, But after Helmsley and Goldust's falling out on Monday night, Will they be able to work together? Will Marlena meddle in Helmsley's business? Which tag team will come away victorious?

The WWF European Champion, Alex Wright has had great success in the WWF. But lately, He hasn't really been doing much. We will be hearing from Wright tonight, As he claims he has a huge challenge in mind. What does Alex Wright have to say?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Hakushi Vs. Chavo Guerrero©

Hakushi finally gets a shot at the coveted Light Heavyweight Championship. But can he beat the great champion? Which man will walk away with the title? This should be a classic Light Heavyweight encounter.

Ken Shamrock Vs. Rick Martel

Shamrock has been wanting Martel in a singles match ever Martel turned his back on Shamrock a few weeks ago. Shamrock looked like he was going to win the battle royal last Sunday night, But Maivia cost him the match. And on Monday night, Martel cost Shamrock his match against Maivia. Will Shamrock be able to pick up the win tonight? Or will Martel find a way to beat the world's most dangerous man?

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Scott Hall and Sean Waltman Vs. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman©

Scott Hall and Sean Waltman are one of the best tag teams in the WWF. But they have never held the titles. Their opponents are two time tag team champions with a new found mean streak. Which tag team will reign supreme tonight? Who will walk out with the titles?

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty Vs. Al Snow©

Jannetty beat Al Snow in the King Of The Ring tournament. But Jannetty wasn't granted a match with Snow for the title until now. Can Marty Jannetty continue the amazing success he's had this year and become the WWF Intercontinental Champion? Or will Al Snow continue to dominate the WWF?

Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Goldust

This is a huge match up. Which tag team will win this tough battle? Can Helmsley and Goldust work together after Helmsley ended their friendship on Monday night? What will happen when Michaels and Nash team up for the first time in over a year? Lets not forget the violent feud both men had last year. Can they truly work together? You do not want to miss this match up.

IPB Image

Channel: UPN

Date: June 27, 1997

Attendance: 7,505

Ticket Sales: $300,200

Announcers: Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Nash and HBK have a problem with the Administration

The crowd is going crazy as we kick things off in a huge way with Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash walking down the ramp way. Both men enter the ring and do their traditional pose as pyro goes off. Nash is handed a microphone but doesn't speak yet, He soaks in the chants from the crowd.

Kevin Nash- New Haven, Connecticut, Big sexy is in the house! And you know something, Monday night, I made one loud statement. Rick Rude, Just because you are the Commissioner, Doesn't mean you tell me what to do. See, I was tired of following you and your administration around. And once you decided to add Bret Hart to the group, Well, I decided I have had enough of you. There's no love loss between Shawn Michaels and myself, But if HBK thinks he's going to take the administration on by himself, Then, He's one crazy son of a b****. HBK needs back up, And who better to back up Shawn Michaels in this fight than Kevin Nash? Hell, We've been friends, Enemies, Friends and enemies again. Now, Well, We're not friends. And we could fight in a heartbeat, But we've chosen to first take care of you Commissioner. And I might have been the one to put you in power, But I can also take the power from you. I ran the last two guys out of the WWF, And I'll run you off. And that's what we're planning on doing. You can send everyone you want, Hell, You're putting Goldust and Helmsley against us tonight, But we got some back up of our own.

Shawn Michaels- Rick Rude, Bret Hart, William Regal, And anyone else who wants some, We're here all night. You wanna take us out? Bring the administration on down here. Like Nash said, We got some friends to watch our backs. The days of the Rude Administration running things are gonna come to an end. We're running you out of the WWF. And Bret, I enjoyed seeing you take the Jackknife on Raw, But don't think the issues between the two of us is over with. Oh no, See, I want you in the ring one more time. It doesn't matter when or where. I want to finish you off. You got that little piece of s*** to screw me over last Sunday night, But now, I'm going to the match with one goal in mind, To beat the living hell out of you and take you out! As for the rest of the administration, Like we said, Our friends won't mind handling you boys. Our goal is set. To get rid of the administration and make sure none of you ever bother us again. And with that said, I...............

Michaels' is interrupted by the image of the Administration been shown on the big screen. Rick Rude, William Regal, Bret Hart, Mr. Yokozuna and British Bulldog are all shown in the Commissioner's office.

Rick Rude- You two should be proud. Especially you Kevin. You screwed me over on Monday night. I didn't think you'd be dumb enough to mess with me, But you've proven me wrong. And you know what big man? You're gonna pay. You're gonna pay for what you did on Monday night. And so will you Shawn. You two are facing Helmsley and Goldust tonight. And I've given them plenty of reasons to take you two out. And it will happen. You two wanna fight this administration? Well, Remember we got a few members that you don't even know about. We can call them up in a second and have them take you two out. As for your allies, If anyone in the back thinks they scare us, They are very, very wrong. And let me tell everyone of the boys in the back something, You guys don't like the way I run the WWF, Then leave! Go to Atlanta. Go to some second rate federation. There's plenty of other choices. But if you wanna be in the elite wrestling promotion, Then don't you dare to help out these two men. You don't want to get on my bad side.

Bret Hart- Kevin Nash, You're nothing but scum. I can't believe I was foolish enough to trust you. But now, I want to take you apart. And Shawn Michaels, I said it Monday night, There will be no more rematches. I have nothing to prove to you. And tonight, If you two want a fight, We'll be here all night long. Try to come to the office and fight us. And like the Commissioner said, Your friends do not want to mess with us. Or they'll end up being on the shelf for a very long time to come. Kevin Nash, You and I are going to fight one day. And when that fight happens, I'm going to cripple you. I'm going to snap both those legs in half. And Shawn Michaels, I know my brother in law Bulldog would be more than happy to take you out. As well as Mr. Yokozuna.

Rick Rude- Nash, Michaels, After tonight, You two will be no more.

The Administration fades from the screen. We're left with Michaels and Nash in the ring. Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with Ross yelling that things are going to explode.

William Regal gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

59 days until the man behind the mask comes. Who is he?

Hakushi Vs. Chavo Guerrero©

The WWF seems to be trying with the Light Heavyweight division, Usually, The title would just be defended on RSN. Hakushi and Guerrero had a solid nine minute match up here. Hakushi jumped the champion right from the beginning and did everything he could to try to put away the champion, Using a more aggressive style than usual. Hakushi awed the fans with several high risk maneuvers, Taking down Chavo with a walk on the ropes type move that ended with him spring boarding off the ropes with a hurricanrana to Chavo. Hakushi even came off the ropes with a huge flip dive to Chavo. But nothing the Japanese star did could put away the first WWF Light Heavyweight Champion. The match went on with both men trading a few near falls and counters, Ending with Guerrero taking down Hakushi with a tornado DDT to make the come back. Chavo Guerrero was able to put Hakushi down with the brainbuster and went up top for the Frog Splash. But he got nothing but canvas, As Hakushi had moved out of the way. Hakushi rolled up Chavo, But only got two. Both men started trading near falls, With Chavo somehow rolling over on top of Hakushi to get the three count to retain the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship!

After the match ended, Hakushi snatched the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship from the referee and went to hand it to Chavo. When Chavo was about to take the title, Hakushi spit red mist into Chavo's face! Hakushi then hit Chavo with the title! Chavo was left out cold. Hakushi took the title and held it high in the air to some boos from the fans. Hakushi tossed the title down over Chavo's body and left the ring.

72, 60, 84 **3/4

Hakushi's turn was completed, and he is now a heel.

Hakushi gained overness from this turn.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Here's Kip

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the break with Sunny standing in the ring. She's holding a microphone.

Sunny- I been in the WWF for two years. And since then, I've managed my share of losers. There's been plenty of men who couldn't make it to the top of the WWF. Over even win a championship around here. They were losers. But no more. I've found someone who's career will sky rocket to the top WWF. This man is a true athlete. I found him in Hollywood. Forget about your wanna be movie star. This man is the real deal. The women love him. The men wanna be him. And the men in the WWF who face him, Well, They're gonna wish they never stepped into the ring with him. Ladies and gentlemen, The next big thing in the WWF, Kip Parker!

Some new music hits and out comes Kip Parker. (Tom Prichard) He still looks like he did when he was in The Bodydonnas, Except more in shape and he's got some new tights. The ladies scream and shout (most likely edited after the tapings) Parker enters the ring and runs the ropes before doing some "Ravishing" Rick Rude like taunts. Sunny is smiling while Kip poses.

Sunny- Kip Parker is going to the top of the WWF. And we're laying down a open challenge to anyone for Monday night. Try and defeat Kip. He's the hottest thing in the WWF. And ladies, He's all mine.

Their music hits and Sunny raises Kip's arm high in the air. The women in the audience cheer and howl while the announcers hype up Kip and have no idea who will accept this open challenge.

Kip Parker debuted his new gimmick, (Teen Idol) it got a positive response.

Kip Parker gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ken Shamrock Vs. Rick Martel

Hot crowd for this match up. Ken Shamrock didn't even wait for Martel to come down to the ring and jumped Martel backstage. Both men fought in the hallway where Shamrock rammed Martel's head into a wall and hit Martel with trash cans. After a few minutes of brawling backstage, They made their way to the entrance stage. Shamrock ran down Martel with a clothesline on the steel stage and suplexed Martel. The fight went to the ringside area where Martel finally gained control of the match after sending Shamrock into the steel steps. Martel worked over Shamrock's legs inside the ring and tried to finish off Shamrock with the Quebec Crab, But he could never apply it to Shamrock. Martel's offense didn't last long as Shamrock soon caught him with a huge clothesline. Shamrock followed up with two more devastating clotheslines and a hurricanrana take over. Ken Shamrock ducked a clothesline from Martel and grabbed Martel by the waist. Shamrock followed up with a huge belly to belly suplex to Martel. The fans were going crazy as Shamrock called for the Ankle Lock. Shamrock applied the Ankle Lock to Martel, But was met by a chair shot to the head by Rocky Maivia! The referee called for the bell and awarded Shamrock the win.

Maivia again drilled Shamrock with a chair shot! Shamrock is down! Martel stands up and he and Rocky Maivia stare down one another. Shamrock slowly stands up and Maivia hits him with another shot to the head! Maivia stares down Martel and hands Martel the chair. Maivia stands up Shamrock and Martel hits Shamrock with a chair shot! Martel then hugs Maivia! Both men smile and start putting the boots to Shamrock! Maivia drags Shamrock up and plants him with the TGS into the steel chair. Maivia and Martel stand over Shamrock's body as we go to a commercial break.

85, 90, 75 **1\2

Rocky Maivia's turn was completed, and he is now a heel.

Rocky Maivia gained overness from this turn.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Someone Stands Up For America

Alex Wright's music begins to play and out comes Alex Wright with Joanie Laurer. The crowd isn't happy to see the WWF European Champion and let him know. Wright enters the ring and poses with his title while Laurer waves the German flag. Wright is handed a mic and before he can speak, The crowd starts a "USA" chant.

Alex Wright- Shut up. I came to a pathetic town like New Haven, Connecticut, And the least you people can do is show me some respect. I been in the World Wrestling Federation for almost a whole year. And what I have I done? I retired Ahmed Johnson. I beat Bret Hart. And I won the WWF European Championship. And yet, Where's my time to shine? The WWF is a bunch of racists pigs. They're all jealous of me due to me being a German. So they try to hold me back. But that ain't gonna happen. See, I am the WWF European Champion. This is the most coveted title in the world right now. And even though I got screwed out of the King Of The Ring tournament, I won't let anyone hold me back. It's time for Alex Wright to go to the top of the WWF. How many title shots have I gotten? Everyone else gets a title shot anytime they want. But what about me? I am asking, No, Demanding a title shot against The Undertaker. And I want it tonight! That's right! Right here tonight! Undertaker, You've been avoiding me for too long. And I'm not leaving this ring until you give me a shot at the WWF Championship. I disgusts me to see a American hold the WWF Championship. And I'm not leaving this ring until I get The Undertaker tonight!

Music begins to play, But it's not The Undertaker's. No, It's John Bradshaw's music. The big hoss walks down the entrance way and enters the ring. Alex Wright does not seem impressed.

Alex Wright- I asked for The Undertaker. No some mediocre redneck wanna be wrestler. What do you want?

John Bradshaw- You know what? I am sick and tired of hearing you come out here each and every week and bash the United States of America. How dare you come out here and bash my country? I should slap the piss out of you right now!

Alex Wright- Calm down. Don't go getting yourself into trouble kid. You don't want none of this. This isn't Texas. We're not in some backyard hitting each other with beer cans. This is a wrestling ring, And if you got a problem with me, I suggest you either wrestle and get beaten by me, Or leave before you face the consequences.

John Bradshaw- You think you scare me? You ain't nothing more than a little German boy in a man's world. My grand daddy kicked your grand daddy's ass, And I'll kick your ass right here tonight! The fans are sick and tired of listening to you cry and whine. No one gives a damn about you or Germany. You shouldn't be challenging for the WWF Championship. And you know what? No one else in the WWF has been able to shut you up. And I'm the man who's gonna do it.

Alex Wright- You're gonna shut me up? Listen, I know you might be feeling pretty high about yourself, But let me tell you something, I retired Ahmed Johnson. I beat Bret Hart. I've beaten Ken Shamrock. Do you really think you'll be able to do anything to affect me? But rather than wait until you become a problem, I've decided to handle things right away. Bradshaw, There won't be any match. No, There will just be a beat down.

Alex Wright goes to hit Bradshaw with the WWF European Championship, But Bradshaw ducks and hits Alex Wright with a stiff shot to the back, Knocking down Wright! Laurer is able to deck Bradshaw from behind with a forearm! Laurer attempts to clothesline Bradshaw, But Bradshaw tosses Laurer out to the floor. Alex Wright slowly stands up and Bradshaw runs him over with a huge lariat! Alex Wright is knocked out! Laurer has to drag Wright out of the ring so Bradshaw doesn't finish him off. Bradshaw grabs the WWF European Championship and poses with it as we go to a commercial break.

John Bradshaw gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scott Hall and Sean Waltman Vs. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman©

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin was shown watching this match from the top of the stage. This match went on for about eleven minutes with some great action and a hot crowd. The challengers started off pretty well until Benoit caught Waltman with a nasty powerbomb. Benoit and Pillman double teamed Waltman, Continuing to show their new found mean streak. Benoit and Pillman tossed Waltman around, Who bumped like a pro. Sean Waltman took a nasty dive off the apron onto the guardrail chest first. After taking a brutal beating, Waltman was able to tag in Hall after taking out both Pillman and Benoit with a double DDT. Scott Hall got tagged in and cleaned house. A hot near fall occurred when Hall grabbed Waltman into a fallaway slam and tossed Waltman into Benoit in a cross body block for a near fall. Hall and Waltman looked like they were going to get the titles several times, But the champs somehow kept fighting back. Pillman and Waltman fought on the outside while Hall fought Benoit in the ring. Scott Hall delivered the fallaway slam from the top turnbuckle to Benoit and called for the Outsiders Edge. Hall lifted Benoit and set him up, But Pillman got up on the apron. Hall smacked Pillman off the apron but walked into Benoit's Crippler Crossface. Before Hall could tap out, Waltman made the save. Waltman drilled Benoit with a spinning back heel kick, But before he could follow up, Pillman entered the ring via the top turnbuckle with a missile drop kick to Waltman. Scott Hall ran down Pillman with a clothesline but that allowed Benoit to low blow Hall behind the referee's back and follow up with a German suplex to Hall for the three.

Benoit and Pillman grabbed their titles and headed to the back. Waltman checked on Hall while Steve Austin came walking down the entrance way. Austin entered the ring and tackled Waltman down. Austin kicked and punched away at Waltman. Scott Hall slowly stood up and Austin kicked him in the gut. Austin went for the Stone Cold Stunner, But Vader came running down from the back. Vader entered the ring and started to slug away at Austin. Vader clotheslined Austin out of the ring and dared Austin to come back in, But Austin headed to the back. Jim Ross, Being the genius that he is, Says that Rick Rude might have gotten Austin to try to take out the wounded Hall and Waltman.

87, 87, 88 ***3/4

The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

Regal Has A Task For Shamrock

We go backstage where a very angry Shamrock is shown walking. A few lower card wrestlers are tossed by him when they don't know where Martel and Maivia are. Shamrock is stopped when William Regal is shown.

Ken Shamrock- You. You got some power around here. Here's what I want. I want both Martel and Maivia this Monday night.

William Regal- I'm sorry, But I can't do that. I got other plans for you Mr. Shamrock.

Ken Shamrock- bull****. I know you got some stroke around here. You can make matches. I want both those sons of b******!

William Regal- Like I said, I can't book that match. I have a task I need you to do for me. I've booked you to face D'Lo Brown at In Your House "Canadian Uprisal" on July 13th. Rick Rude has been very impressed with you. And if you take care of that scoundrel, D'Lo Brown, Then you might be a new member of the Administration.

Ken Shamrock- Listen to me, I have no problem with D'Lo Brown. I could care less about what you and Rude want. What I want is Maivia and Martel. And if you don't give them to me, I'll beat the living hell out of you right here.

William Regal- Well, That isn't happening sunshine. I want you to take care of D'Lo Brown's miserable carcass. I want you to give him the trashing of a lifetime. Take care of that bloody pillock and make him regret winning the King Of The Ring. And when you do that, I'll give you Martel and Maivia anytime you want, With your rules.

Ken Shamrock- My rules?

William Regal- Exactly. But you'll have to take out D'Lo Brown for good. I know you like these bloody fans and you don't wanna harm Mr. Brown, But he's been a thorn in the side of the Administration for way too long. Make him feel like he's been hacked up with a bloody hatchet, And I'll give you Martel and Maivia. And Mr. Shamrock, Do not try to mess things up and screw us over. Because if you do, You'll end up just like everyone who messes with the Administration.

Regal walks off while Shamrock looks on, Feeling a bit uneasy.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty Vs. Al Snow©

Jannetty defeated Al Snow in the King Of The Ring tournament and never got a shot at the title. Both men put on a great showing with the crowd being divided here. Jannetty didn't pose or anything and wrestled a straight up match against Snow. Jannetty even out wrestled Snow early on and dumped Snow out on the floor. Jannetty's downfall came when he tried a plancha, But Snow moved out of the way, Causing Jannetty to hit the guardrail. Snow worked over Jannetty with a series of suplexes and submission maneuvers inside the ring, But Jannetty would not stay down. During the closing moments of the match, Hollywood came walking down from the back. Jannetty made the come back after Snow missed a moonsault from the top turnbuckle, And the party boy was on fire. Jannetty looked like he was going to win the title several times, Especially after connecting with a running enziguri kick to Snow. Jannetty ducked a charging Snow, Causing Snow to spill to the outside. Hollywood came down to ringside and while the referee was tied up with Jannetty, Hollywood planted Snow with a DDT on the outside without the referee or Jannetty seeing it. Hollywood left Snow laid out and walked up the entrance way. Jannetty didn't see any of this happen and was shocked when the bell rang, With the referee declaring Jannetty the winner via count out.

Jannetty wins, But he doesn't get the title. Hollywood laughed at Jannetty and told him there goes his title shot.

81, 79, 84 ***1\4

The WWF Intercontinental title has gained in image.

Acting Like Children

We go backstage where Kevin Kelly is standing by with Goldust, Marlena and Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Goldust is wearing a Helmsley T-Shirt and tries to talk to Helmsley, But Helmsley just ignores Goldust.

Kevin Kelly- Goldust, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Tonight you two take on Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels in tonight's main event. Michaels and Nash have reunited with one goal in mind, To take out the Administration. They seem to be a solid unit. But you two, Well, That's another story. After what happened at King Of The Ring and on Monday Night Raw, How will you two work together?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Kevin, Tell Goldust that the only reason I'm even in this match is due to me wanting to please the Commissioner. Also, Tell Goldust that after tonight's match, There is no more Goldust and Helmsley. And tell Marlena that things were alot better before she meddled in our business. Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels are going to go down tonight. It's as simple as that.

Goldust- Hey Hunter, How about after tonight's match, We hang out? Huh? Like old times?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Kevin, Tell Goldust that his attempts at trying to be my friend again is pathetic.

Goldust- Come on Hunter. One drink. Come on man!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Kevin, Tell my partner I'll see him out there. And tell Marlena that she's the reason why the team is done with.

Helmsley walks off leaving Goldust looking heart broken. Marlena doesn't seem too sad.

Marlena- Don't worry Goldust. He'll come back to us. As far as tonight's match is concerned with, Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels will lose. This will be Goldust's biggest win in the WWF. And no one is stopping him from being victorious in this match. If his partner doesn't wanna work alongside him, Then so be it.

Goldust- Can't you just apologize to him?

Marlena- Why? He's the one who should apologize. Lets go.

Marlena and Goldust head on off with Goldust saying "Hunter".

Kevin Kelly- Fans, Up next, It's the huge main event. Who will win it?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Goldust with Marlena

These four men seemed to have excellent chemistry with each other, Resulting in a classic tag team main event. The pop for Michaels and Nash was huge. Lawler kept insisting that Michaels and Nash hadn't resolved the issues between them and talked about how Nash turned on Michaels last year. Nash and Michaels started off red hot, Cleaning house with Goldust and Helmsley getting their asses handed to them. Marlena dragged Goldust out of the ring and let Helmsley get double teamed by both Michaels and Nash. Goldust would try to come back into the ring, But Marlena kept holding onto his leg. Nash then grabbed Helmsley and chucked Helmsley out onto Goldust on the outside. The match wore down when Goldust caught Michaels with a clothesline. Goldust worked over Michaels' back and tagged in Helmsley. Helmsley went right after Michaels and didn't even take up on Goldust's offer to double team Michaels. Helmsley kept ignoring Goldust through out the match and when he tagged in Goldust, He'd smack Goldust's hand very hard. Goldust kept trying to impress Helmsley each time he'd hit a big move, But Helmsley could have cared less. Nash eventually got the hot tag and came into the ring, Running over both Helmsley and Goldust with right hands and clotheslines. Nash dominated Goldust and Helmsley as Michaels came back into the fight. Michaels clotheslined Goldust to the outside and dove off the ropes onto Goldust on the outside. Meanwhile, Nash caught Helmsley with a sidewalk slam. Nash lifted Helmsley up and send Helmsley for the ride. Helmsley came off the ropes right into a big boot from Nash. Nash pulled down the straps and called for the Jackknife. Nash lifted Helmsley up and planted him with a huge Jackknife Powerbomb! Before Nash could cover Helmsley, Bret Hart entered the ring and nailed Nash with a chair shot to the back! The referee called for the bell and called for a DQ!

Meanwhile, On the outside, British Bulldog sent Michaels into the steel steps. Bulldog put Michaels back into the ring where Hart drilled Michaels with a chair shot to the head. Goldust, Helmsley, Hart and Bulldog started putting the boots to Michaels and Nash. But then, Sean Waltman and Scott Hall came running down from the back with steel chairs in hand! Waltman nailed Bulldog and Goldust with shots to the head while Hall clotheslined Hart and Helmsley out! Nash and Michaels came to and alongside Hall and Waltman, Stood tall in the ring.

95, 96, 93 ****1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Rocky Maivia puts Ken Shamrock away with the TGS. (Monday Night Raw 6/23/97)

Canadian Uprisal!

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the final break with Rick Martel making his way down to the ring. The crowd isn't happy and show it by booing Martel. Martel enters the ring and is handed a microphone.

Rick Martel- Ken Shamrock, You got yours earlier in the night. Did you think you were actually going to beat me? I outsmarted you from the very start. And with Rocky Maivia by my side, I'll be the next World Wrestling Federation Champion. Shamrock, Now that I beat you, And now that I am done with you, There's one more obstacle in front of me. And that obstacle is you, Undertaker. Undertaker, I respect the hell out of you. I really do. I mean, I was here when you first debuted. I've witnessed the destruction you've caused. No other WWF Champion has been as dominant as you. But Undertaker, You're walking into unknown territory on July 13th. We'll be fighting for the WWF Championship in my home country of Canada. It'll be for the WWF Championship. The one title that I have not gotten my hands on. And Undertaker, I will become the next World Wrestling Federation Champion. I came back to the ring over a year ago and I've won the Intercontinental and Tag Team Championship. There's only one title that has eluded me. And I will win it. At In Your House "Canadian Uprisal", I will beat you and I will become the next World Wrestling Federation Champion. And after I become the WWF Champion, All the fans in my home country will be cheering and applauding me. And I know you're here tonight. And I could be a coward and attack you from behind or diss you behind your back, But I wanna be a man and call you out to this ring right now. That's right! Martel versus Undertaker right now!

Martel doesn't need to wait long. The lights go off and the music of the WWF Champion begins to play. The fans are going crazy as the phenom slowly walks down the ramp way. Undertaker enters the ring and the lights come back on. Undertaker stares down Martel. To his credit, Martel doesn't seem scared.

Rick Martel- Undertaker, I know plenty of people fear you. Men fear you. But I don't fear you. I'm a legend. I fear nobody. And on July 13th, Your luck runs out pal. That WWF Championship will be coming around my waist. And you cannot stop me. Infact, Undertaker, You wanna know how cocky I am? Huh? You wanna know how fearless I am? F*** you pal!

Rick Martel slaps the champion across the face! With one quick look from Undertaker to Martel, Martel's smile fades. Martel realizes what he's done and starts to beg off the champion. Undertaker shows no mercy and grabs Martel by the throat. Undertaker tosses Martel into the corner! Undertaker goes crazy on Martel and starts hitting Martel with right hands! The crowd is going crazy! Undertaker's right hands are clobbering Martel! But wait! Here comes Rocky Maivia with a steel chair! Maivia enters the ring and hits Undertaker with a shot to the back! It has no affect on the champ! Undertaker boots Maivia in the face! Look out! Martel hits Undertaker with a shot to the back! It has no affect! But the chair shot to the head does, And the champ goes down! Martel pulls Undertaker up and Maivia plants Undertaker with the TGS right onto the steel chair! Martel quickly applies the Quebec Crab to The Undertaker! Maivia taunts Undertaker and yells "he's tapping", Even though Undertaker isn't! Friday Night Mayhem goes off the air with a shot of The Undertaker in the Quebec Crab. Maivia grabs the microphone and yells "The new World Wrestling Federation Champion, Rick Martel!"

Rocky Maivia gained overness from this segment.

Overall Rating- 85

TV Rating- 6.87

Notes

"Ken Shamrock and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Sean Waltman? I think our styles would really work well together." -Rick Martel

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Goldust

IPB Image

Time Slot: Late Evening

Date: June 28, 1997

Attendance: 7,538

Ticket Sales: $301,520

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Fatal Four Way Tag Team Elimination Match

Suicide Blonds Vs. The Quebecers Vs. The Godwinns Vs. Diamond and Swinger

How the mighty have fallen. One week ago, The Godwinns were the WWF Tag Team Champions. Now, They're on RAW Saturday Night. This match was fought over elimination rules. The announcers said the winners will get a shot at the titles in the future. The first team eliminated was The Quebecers after Henry Godwinn pinned Pierre with the Slop Drop. The Quebecers didn't appreciate being eliminated and jumped The Godwinns. This lead to both teams brawling to the back, Leading to the former champions getting counted out. The Suicide Blonds and the members of the money mine were left. After some back and fourth action, Christian Cage pinned Diamond with a tornado DDT.

76, 67, 86 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Devon Storm Vs. Lash LeRoux

Storm is making his official debut. He's been signed to a written deal to participate in the growing Light Heavyweight division. Both men put on a great showing with lots of high spots. Too bad the crowd was pretty much dead for the match. LeRoux had the win in his hands quite a few times, But he kept getting too cocky. In the end, Devon Storm nailed him with a spinning heel kick and finished him off with a moonsault from the top, Called the Mindbender.

63, 43, 83 **1/4

Devon Storm debuted his new gimmick, (Crazy) it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Luigi Alfredo Rufino Vs. Detective Arnold Jelly

The crowd was into this one. Luigi is still undefeated. He attacked Jelly from behind to try to get some sort of advantage, But the detective fought him off. This one was pretty short with Jelly using a few right hands and clotheslines to Rufino. Rufino pulled off the upset when he took a roll of tape from his tights and wrapped it around his fist. The referee didn't see it and Rufino punched Jelly, Knocking out Jelly with a right hand. Rufino followed up with the Trip To New Jersey to the over three hundred pound Jelly for the win.

60, 61, 60 1\2*

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Born In The USA Vs. Brian Adams and Brian Lee

Adams and Lee seemed to have a few miscommunications problems here that ended up costing them the match up. First, Lee accidentally booted Adams in the face after Bart Gunn ducked it, And then, Adams came off the ropes attempting a clothesline to The Patriot, But it was ducked and he nailed Lee. Eventually, Both Lee and Adams tried to out do the other. Todd kept saying that Lee didn't need Adams, Putting over Lee's performance in the battle royal last Sunday night. Bart Gunn pinned Adams with the Forearm Shot while The Patriot fought Lee on the outside. After the match, Lee went to check on Adams, But got shoved aside. Both men had a few words as we went to a commercial break.

77, 75, 79 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Taka Michinoku Vs. Sho Funaki Vs. Ron Killings

The crowd seems to be getting into the Light Heavyweight division as the weeks go by. This one was a great triple threat encounter. Lots of near falls and high spots that got the crowd into it. Coachman mentioned that Hakushi was next in line for a shot at Chavo, But said the winner will get a match with the Light Heavyweight champion down the line. Taka Michinoku scored the win with the Michinoku Driver on Funaki while Killings was down on the floor.

70, 54, 86 **3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

58 days until the man behind the mask debuts. Who is he?

WWF Slam Of The Week- Chris Benoit pins Scott Hall with the German suplex. (Friday Night Mayhem 6/27/97)

The Undertaker with Paul Bearer Vs. Kama Mustafa

Good match up here. Non title match up though. Kama Mustafa and The Undertaker feuded for awhile back in '95 and their history was documented by the announcers. Undertaker had the advantage early on after planting Kama with a big DDT. They fought on the outside where the supreme fighting machine send Undertaker into the steel steps and then dropped the phenom across the guardrail. Kama wore down The Undertaker with a long chinlock and even came close to putting Undertaker away with a few slams and suplexes. Undertaker made the big comeback and caught Kama with a choke slam. One tombstone later, And The Undertaker picked up the win. RAW Saturday Night went off the air with The Undertaker posing with the WWF Championship while Bearer held the urn.

82, 85, 76 **1\2

Overall Rating- 62

TV Rating- 2.76

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 1.91

Attendance- 6,544

Ticket Sales- $261,760

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.96

Attendance- 2,506

Ticket Sales- $75,180

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.96

Attendance- 6,517

Ticket Sales- $260,680

ECW Payback

Pay Per View Buyrate- 0.67

Attendance- 8,053

Ticket Sales- $322,120

Pay Per View Revenue- $1,675,000

ABWF Sacrifice

Attendance- 39

Ticket Sales- $390

USPW Redemption

Attendance- 3,430

Ticket Sales- $137,200

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Adam Copeland

"Bart Gunn and The Patriot work well together as a team, it adds to their matches." -Pat Patterson

"Brian Adams and Brian Lee work well together as a team, it adds to their matches." -Pat Patterson

"How about booking me against Hunter Hearst Helmsley? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like." -Scott Hall

"Our ratings battle with Hardcore TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. They have more star power than us, and that is affecting our image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them. The fans see us as being the more professional promotion, thanks to our higher production values." -Sophie

News

- Ted DiBiase has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

- ECW have signed independent worker Doug Furnas to a written contract!

- Dory Funk Jr. has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

- Vampiro has agreed to an open contract with VZF!

Pretty good fall out from KOTR. Lots of interesting devleopments coming out of the PPV. The Adminstration has a lot more credibility with Bret Hart in the stable now. I'm pretty sure he'll end up with the title at Summerslam at this point. Undertaker just hasn't really done it for me as World champ. Maybe due to his opposition? I thought, the Maivia & Nash turns would have been held off for a few more weeks. I enjoyed both the angles that resulted in the turns. I look forward to seeing how Maivia works out for you as a heel. Nash v. Hart should be a fun little mini program. I'm liking the new exposure that the light heavies are getting. Hakishi v. Chavo should be a really good program. I'm thinking Tom Pritchard as Trey Parker is supposed to be played for laughs because the man isn't a teen idol. He is really talented and hope this lead to a decent push for him. Maybe he can have a small program with Billy Gunn who is looking for something to do. The shows did a good job of setting up the next big set of programs. I'm guessing we have a lot of PPV matches already set up. Not a big fan of Martel & 'Taker but probably because I don't see Martel as much of a threat. He and Maivia should be a nice duo. I also like the fact that Marlena is not buying the act by Hunter. It's about time she is more then just background scenery. Hopefully, this new assertiveness by Marlena will allow this story to get to the next step. It was a good week of stories and look forward to seeing where you're going next.

• 1 month later...

Wow, this is commitment! I remember reading a few parts of your 1996 diary a few months ago and was gonna get into 1997 but kind of forgot about it. Still, I've just read the last few shows from the King of the Ring onwards and have to say that I love it! The Administration seems a very good super-heel group, I especially liked Bret Hart turning and joining them. I also liked the recent turns of Rocky Maivia and Hakushi, as well as Kevin Nash's face turn. It's interesting to see all the new characters you've invented, and all the new stars you've made. Rick Martel in the main events is great! Hollywood Holly, the Party Boy and Jacobs are three characters I really like. Just a few questions:

Who are Luigi Alfredo Rufino and Detective Arnold Jelly?

Whatever happened to Cactus Jack? And Ric Flair (I think it was this diary which brought him in in '96, if not then just ignore this part of the question)?

That's all I've got for now, keep up the excellent work.

Wow, this is commitment! I remember reading a few parts of your 1996 diary a few months ago and was gonna get into 1997 but kind of forgot about it. Still, I've just read the last few shows from the King of the Ring onwards and have to say that I love it! The Administration seems a very good super-heel group, I especially liked Bret Hart turning and joining them. I also liked the recent turns of Rocky Maivia and Hakushi, as well as Kevin Nash's face turn. It's interesting to see all the new characters you've invented, and all the new stars you've made. Rick Martel in the main events is great! Hollywood Holly, the Party Boy and Jacobs are three characters I really like. Just a few questions:

Who are Luigi Alfredo Rufino and Detective Arnold Jelly?

Whatever happened to Cactus Jack? And Ric Flair (I think it was this diary which brought him in in '96, if not then just ignore this part of the question)?

That's all I've got for now, keep up the excellent work.

• 2 weeks later...

IPB Image

June 30, 1997

- Rick Martel started off the show taunting The Undertaker about getting beat down on Friday Night Mayhem. Martel eventually called out The Undertaker, With the hopes of Maivia ambushing Undertaker, But it was The Undertaker who got the upperhand, As he had locked Maivia away in the back. Undertaker and Martel got into a brief scuffle, With Undertaker running off Martel.

- Vader destroyed Terry Funk in a hardcore rules match. After the match ended, Vader gorilla slammed Funk all the way to the outside onto exposed concrete.

- Shawn Michaels, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman came down to the ring to congratulate Vader on his victory. It was announced that those five men would face Bret Hart, British Bulldog, Steve Austin, Goldust and Hunter Hearst Helmsley at In Your House. With the winning team each being granted a favor. Waltman and Nash got into a confrontation during this segment.

- Scott Hall and Sean Waltman defeated Bret Hart and British Bulldog after Michaels and Nash interfered. Austin tried to help his teammates afterwords, But got chased off.

- John Bradshaw defeated WWF European Champion, Alex Wright by DQ after Wright's bodyguard, Joanie Laurer smashed the German flag over Bradshaw's back. After the match ended, Bradshaw fought off both of them and nailed Laurer with a huge lariat.

- Backstage, Austin confronted Hunter Hearst Helmsley and told Helmsley he'd better patch up things with Goldust or else.

- D'Lo Brown was interviewed backstage and got into a confrontation with Ken Shamrock. Both men said they'd do whatever it takes to win at In Your House.

- In a big upset, The Suicide Blonds defeated Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman in a non title match. After the match ended, The two young rookies made sure to motion to the champs that they were coming after the titles.

- Goldust came down to the ring and gave a speech about his team with Hunter Hearst Helmsley. He ended up being interrupted by Bob Backlund, Who brought out the monster Jacobs. Backlund said Jacobs was going to run through everyone in the WWF until he got to the WWF Champion. Goldust was the first one in front of Jacobs, But didn't suffer a beating as Helmsley ran in for the save, Sadly for Helmsley, He took a huge choke slam from Jacobs and had to be dragged to the back.

- Chris Kanyon and Hollywood Holly came down to the ring and cut a promo. Kanyon promised Hollywood would leave In Your House as the new WWF Intercontinental Champion. Al Snow came down and interrupted things, Eventually, Laying out Kanyon. It didn't last, As the two on one odds got to him. Jannetty ran in for the save, Chasing off Hollywood and Kanyon, But not before "accidentally" laying out Snow.

- The Undertaker defeated Rocky Maivia with a choke slam in a non title match. Martel tried to interfere several times, But got beat down for his trouble. The Undertaker stood tall as Monday Night Raw went off the air.

Hewey note: I went to edit this post, Which had the full Raw show, But accidentally messed up and the show was lost. The place where I had my June '97 folder saved, Messed up and I lost everything for the month of June. So, I just edited this real quick, With a brief MNR recap for the 30th.

Edited by Baby Hewey

Today's Wrestling World

July 1997

IPB Image

World Wrestling Federation

Owner: Linda McMahon

Public Image: 61%

Size: Global

Based In: America

Risk Level: 70%

Production Values: 100%

Top 5 Faces

1. Ric Flair (100)

2. Shawn Michaels (99)

3. Kevin Nash (98)

4. The Undertaker (97)

5. Mr. Perfect (94)

Top 5 Heels

1. Cactus Jack (100)

2. Owen Hart (100)

3. Steve Austin (98)

4. Bret Hart (98)

5. Rick Rude (95)

IPB Image

World Championship Wrestling

Owner: Ted Turner

Public Image: 37%

Size: Global

Risk Level: 50%

Production Values: 90%

Top 5 Stars

1. Hulk Hogan (100)

2. Randy Savage (100)

3. Sting (100)

4. Ultimate Warrior (100)

5. The Giant (96)

IPB Image

Extreme Championship Wrestling

Owner: Winston Brynner

Public Image: 77%

Size: National

Risk Level: 30%

Production Values: 80%

Top 5 Stars

1. Taz (84)

2. Raven (83)

3. Chaz Warrington (83)

4. Glen Ruth (80)

5. D-Von Dudley (79)

IPB Image

United States Pro Wrestling

Owner: Peter Walsh

Public Image: 19%

Size: National

Risk Level: 20%

Production Values: 65%

Top 5 Stars

1. Chaz Warrington (83)

2. Glen Ruth (80)

3. D-Von Dudley (79)

4. One Man Gang (79)

5. Stevie Richards (77)

IPB Image

Vampire Zone Fighting

Owner: Derek Dunne

Public Image: 47%

Size: Regional

Risk Level: 85%

Production Values: 45%

Top 5 Stars

1. Hugh Morrus (60)

2. Nova (60)

3. Jerry Lynn (59)

4. Nikita Koloff (58)

5. Yoshihiro Tajiri (56)

IPB Image

NWA Canadian Invasion

Owner: Willy Gossard

Public Image: 68%

Size: Small

Based In: Canada

Risk Level: 10%

Production Values: 26%

Top 5 Stars

1. Shane Helms (35)

2. Craig Pittman (34)

3. Jamie Noble (32)

4. Shannon Moore (32)

5. Robby Rage (31)

IPB Image

Amber Benson's Wrestling Federation

Owner: Nik Simpson

Public Image: 61%

Size: Backyard

Risk Level: 30%

Production Values: 5%

Top 5 Stars

1. Steve Armstrong (26)

2. Kid Kash (25)

3. Elektra (21)

4. Miguel Perez (21)

5. Cibernetico (18)

Roster News

- The following birthdays occured this month: Mark Henry (26), Ahmed Johnson (27), Hector Garza (28), Cactus Jack (32), Erik Holman (23)

- Scott Hall's contract is running out. It is unknown at this time if Scott Hall will be renewing his contract.

- British Bulldog's contract is running out. British Bulldog will not be renewing his contract.

- Bob Backlund will be leaving the World Wrestling Federation on August 1st.

- Steve Blackman's contract is running out. It has been renewed for one more year.

- Terry Funk has decided to become a 'non wrestler'!

- Cactus Jack has returned from injury.

- Scott Taylor will return from his broken leg in three months.

- Mr. Perfect will return from his ripped bicep in one month.

- Marc Mero will return from his broken neck in seven months.

- Our poor performance is affecting the worker's morale.

- Several wrestlers were released from their contracts. As we understand it, The WWF is desperately trying to cut back their costs, As the WWF has been losing money for awhile now. Here's the wrestlers released from the WWF. Banky Phat, Don Harris (going by 8-Ball), Angel Jackson, John Tenta (going by Avalanche), Detective Arnold Jelly (going by Blizzard), Joanie Laurer (going by Chyna), Donalbain, Hillbilly Jim, Joe E. Legend, Kamikaze, Lou Albano, Pierre Oulette, Albert (going by Prince Albert), Ron Harris (going by Skull), Terry Funk, Johnny Hall, Jacques Rougeau (going by The Mountie), and Shawn Stasiak. All these wrestlers can sign with whoever they want without having a no compete clause to worry about. This leaves the WWF with 97 workers on the roster. The WWF wants to have around 85 workers or less on the roster to free up some money.

- Sycho Sid's unhappy and wants to leave. Sycho Sid will be leaving the World Wrestling Federation shortly after In Your House. Sycho Sid has been unhappy since the end of May when he thought he was in line for a run with the WWF Championship. Sid did not appreciate being thrown into a feud with Mark Henry and has been unhappy ever since then. (even though the moron asked for matches with Henry) With the recent poor performance of the WWF, Sid's morale has shot down even more. Sid's match at In Your House will be his last match with the WWF. Sycho Sid will be allowed to work anywhere he wants as soon as he leaves the WWF.

- Fatu, Peter Polaco, Steve Blackman and Scorpio are all ready to be called up from USWA. It's not known if any of these men will be called up just yet.

- With the recent poor performance, And released workers, There are some WWF wrestlers that are unhappy in the back. We don't know how many wrestlers are actually unhappy right now, But Sid is the only one who wants to leave. The WWF fears that some of their talent will not want to renegotiate their contracts once it starts to run out. Look for some of the unhappy workers to get more TV time within the upcoming weeks to try to boost their morale up.

- The WWF still wants and plans to push the Light Heavyweight division. The title has been defended more in the past few weeks on the Monday Night Raw/Friday Night Mayhem shows than it has in months. The matches are starting to get the crowd reaction, But the division still needs some work. The WWF wants to start having the wrestlers do interviews and angles to try to get the crowd behind them and get them over. Scott Taylor being injured is a huge blow to the division, As he has the best microphone skills out of the bunch. Chavo Guerrero is the most over Light Heavyweight wrestler in the company and has been moved up the card (midcarder now). There are also plenty of Light Heavyweight talent in USWA who should be ready to debut at the end of the year. Dean Malenko, A trainer for the WWF, Has also been helping booking the Light Heavyweight matches.

- Shawn Michaels was the one who was suppose to turn heel at King Of The Ring, With Bret Hart still winning the match and getting his win back. Michaels was suppose to turn heel after a clean loss, But plans changed and the WWF decided that it would be more of a shocker to have Bret Hart turn heel. Some feel that Michaels backed out of turning heel when it was decided that Hart would get a clean win over him. Neither men are real happy at the moment. Michaels wants to be in the main event scene fighting for the title while Bret Hart feels that he hasn't been booked as a solid heel. Bret Hart is also not all that excited with a possible feud between him and Kevin Nash due to Kevin Nash having complete creative control over his character. Hart feels Nash will try to make him look bad.

- The match being billed as the main event for In Your House will be the title match between The Undertaker and Rick Martel. Martel is going into the match as a heel, But with the Canadian crowd, It's likely that Martel will be getting the crowd support against The Undertaker. The WWF didn't want the ten men tag team match as the main event due to the feeling that the WWF Championship and The Undertaker has been made to look bad over the past few months since the WWF Championship hasn't been the main focus in storylines. Depending on what kind of success the Pay Per View does, It's likely that Martel will be one of the top heels in the WWF. It could also mean that The Undertaker will keep the WWF Championship for a longer time than expected.

- Steve Austin is being built up as perhaps the WWF's top heel. While Martel and Hart hold their spots on top, Everyone feels that Austin has the charisma to take him far as a heel, And that Austin is a much more interesting character than Bret Hart or Rick Martel. Steve Austin's match with The Undertaker wowed everyone in the back and it's rumored that Austin will possibly feud with Shawn Michaels, In what is a dream match for most WWF fans.

- Ken Shamrock is still scheduled to get a big push by the end of the year. The WWF feels that with Shamrock's large contract, They would want to push him into the main event. His push in the beginning of the year was a test to see how the crowd would react to Shamrock. One would wonder why the WWF stopped pushing Shamrock when he was easily one of the WWF's top new star. The only thing that's holding Shamrock back is his lack of charisma. Shamrock could be headlining a Pay Per View this year against whoever the WWF Champion is.

- Jacobs is still in line for a major push. With Bob Backlund leaving the company, A new manager will be put in his place for Jacobs. Rumors suggest that it could very well be James E. Cornette. Terry Funk was suppose to manage Jacobs, But Funk decided it was time to spend more time at home with his family and told the WWF he was going to want to become a non wrestler. Jacobs is still rumored to feud with Al Snow or possibly Vader.

- Chris Kanyon will be returning to the ring by the fall and is rumored to feud with Al Snow over the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Chris Kanyon having a unsackable contract with creative control almost guarantees him a spot in the main event.

- It's rumored that another huge WWF Superstar will be leaving the company in a few months. Unlike Hall (possibly), Bulldog or Sid, This name is a much bigger name and it's a name that's been in the company for a long time now and has held the WWF Championship. Not only is this name huge, But he's considered to be one of the top performers in the WWF. This would be a huge blow to the WWF if this man did indeed decide not to renew his deal.

- Ric Flair is also another big name that's being asked to return due to three big names leaving the WWF. Ric Flair has said that he'd like to wrestle more often. Several "dream matches" are in store for Flair whenever he does decide to return. Alot of people feel that Flair still has what it takes to put on great matches, Like his match with Kevin Nash at this year's Wrestlemania. A major name that could face Ric Flair is Steve Austin.

- With his return only a month away, Mr. Perfect will be very likely to compete at SummerSlam. Perfect looks to be in perfect shape and has been working out in the ring to remove some of his ring rust.

- The In Your House event is having some rushed hype due to it only being twelve days away. The WWF wanted to have this event early so that SummerSlam would be given some huge hype.

Monthly Ratings

Monday Night Raw

June 2, 1997- 7.25 (Alex Wright Vs. Bret Hart)

June 9, 1997- 6.85 (Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart Vs. Henry Godwinn, Phineous Godwinn)

June 16, 1997- 6.87 (Steve Austin, Sycho Sid, British Bulldog Vs. Mark Henry, The Undertaker, Vader)

June 23, 1997- 6.90 (The Undertaker Vs. Vader Vs. British Bulldog Vs. Steve Austin)

June 30, 1997- 6.83 (The Undertaker Vs. Rocky Maivia)

Friday Night Mayhem

June 6, 1997- 7.26 (Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Shawn Michaels)

June 13, 1997- 7.27 (The Undertaker Vs. British Bulldog)

June 20, 1997- 6.83 (Goldust, Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Scott Hall, Sean Waltman Vs. Kevin Nash, Mr. Yokozuna Vs. Rocky Maivia, Ken Shamrock)

June 27, 1997- 6.87 (Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels Vs. Goldust, Hunter Hearst Helmsley)

RAW Saturday Night

June 7, 1997- 2.76 (Mark Henry Vs. Mr. Yokozuna)

June 14, 1997- 2.81 (Shawn Michaels Vs. Simon Diamond)

June 21, 1997- 3.00 (Jacobs Vs. Brian Lee)

June 28, 1997- 2.76 (The Undertaker Vs. Kama Mustafa)

Monday Nitro

June 2, 1997- 6.04 (Diamond Dallas Page Vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.)

June 9, 1997- 5.87 (The Giant, Sting Vs. Ultimate Warrior, Great Muta)

June 16, 1997- 5.87 (Randy Savage Vs. Big Bubba Rogers)

June 23, 1997- 5.89 (Lex Luger, Randy Savage Vs. Shane Douglas, Big Bubba Rogers, The Giant)

June 30, 1997- 5.86 (Ultimate Warrior Vs. Lance Storm)

Saturday Night

June 7, 1997- 1.93 (Arn Anderson Vs. Jimmy Snuka)

June 14, 1997- 1.93 (Rocco Rock, Johnny Grunge, Spike Dudley Vs. Brian Knobbs, Jerry Saggs, Mikey Whipwreck)

June 21, 1997- 1.97 (Bryan Clark Vs. Honky Tonk Man)

June 28, 1997- 1.91 (Brian Knobbs, Jerry Saggs Vs. Rocco Rock, Johnny Grunge)

Worldwide

June 1, 1997- 3.93 (Diamond Dallas Page, Lex Luger Vs. Goldberg, Rick Steiner)

June 8, 1997- 3.91 (Sting, Ultimate Warrior Vs. Booker T, Stevie Ray)

June 15, 1997- 3.92 (Randy Savage Vs. Terry Gordy)

June 22, 1997- Did not air

June 29, 1997- 3.96 (Randy Savage, Sting, Lex Luger Vs. Booker T, Stevie Ray, Honky Tonk Man)

ECW Code Red

June 2, 1997- 4.52 (Raven Vs. Chaz Warrington Vs. Glen Ruth)

June 9, 1997- 4.51 (Kensuke Sasaki Vs. Doug Gilbert)

June 16, 1997- 4.83 (Raven Vs. Stevie Richards)

June 23, 1997- 4.82 (Taz, Glen Ruth Vs. Chaz Warrington, Raven)

June 30, 1997- 4.88 (Rob Van Dam Vs. Raven Vs. Taz)

Hardcore TV

June 7, 1997- 2.94 (Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson Vs. Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley)

June 14, 1997- 2.90 (Chris Adams Vs. Matt Borne)

June 21, 1997- 2.99 (Bobby Eaton, Stan Lane Vs. Rex King, Steve Doll)

June 28, 1997- 2.96 (Erik Watts Vs. Jerry Lynn)

Thursday Night Jam

June 5, 1997- 1.70 (Doug Gilbert, Kurrgan Vs. Mike Awesome, Samu)

June 12, 1997- 1.74 (Chaz Warrington Vs. Glen Ruth Vs. Stevie Richards)

June 19, 1997- 1.71 (Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley Vs. The Barbarian, The Warlord)

June 26, 1997- 1.74 (Mike Awesome Vs. Nailz)

Monthly Income

June

Ticket Sales: $8,018,420

Pay Per View Revenue: $3,925,000

Sponsorship Money: $8,522,000

Merchandise Sales: $1,920,000

Total Income- $22,385,420

IPB Image

Pro Wrestling Noah Announces This Year's Touring Roster

The following workers will be touring with Pro Wrestling Noah.

Don Frye (Free Agent)

JC Ice (Free Agent)

John Kronus (ECW)

Jun Akiyama (Free Agent)

Kaz Hayashi (Free Agent)

Phillip LaFon (Free Agent)

Scott Norton (Free Agent)

Takao Omori (Free Agent)

Other Wrestling News

- Zeus has retired!

- Mr. T has retired!

- Jimmy Snuka has retired from WCW!

- Hillbilly Jim has agreed to an open contract with USPW!

- The Mountie has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

- WCW have signed independent worker Doug Gilbert to a written contract!

- Trish Stratus' contract with WCW is running out.

- Chris Chavis' contract with WCW is running out.

- Hulk Hogan's return is scheduled for Starrcade. It's unknown whether or not Hogan will return in the red and yellow or as a heel. Hogan could return with his old "dark side" costume and still be a face. Hogan feels that a "bad ass" character would draw big in WCW. People feel that Hulk Hogan turning heel could be big for WCW, As it's never happened before. Of course, Once he does return, It's very likely that Hulk Hogan will win the WCW World Championship. Some of the wrestlers, Despite WCW being down in business, Feel that things are better without Hogan around. Right now, Hulk Hogan is resting up at home, But he will be backstage for the Bash At The Beach.

- Eric Bischoff has got to have a big smile on his face right now despite the morale in WCW being low. Sycho Sid is leaving the WWF shortly after In Your House, And on October 1st, British Bulldog will be leaving the WWF. That's two huge names that WCW could get their hands on. Also, Some of the recent WWF released wrestlers could be making their way into WCW. Bischoff also stole USPW's North American Champion, Doug Gilbert. WCW has the star power over the WWF, And Bischoff would like to keep it that way. The only thing that really holds down is their production. Scott Hall could also be leaving the WWF, Making that three big names for WCW to sign.

- WCW has Bash At The Beach on July 27th. Here is the current line up for this big event. Sting defends the WCW World Championship against both Lex Luger and Scott Steiner in a triple threat match. WCW United States Champion, Diamond Dallas Page puts the title on the line against Eddie Guerrero, Road Warriors defend the WCW Tag Team Championship against Nasty Boys, WCW Televison Champion, Jim Duggan defends his coveted title against Honky Tonk Man, WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Billy Kidman defends his championship against Rey Mysterio Jr., Randy Savage goes one on one with The Giant, Lance Storm battles Goldberg, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman team up to face Terry Gordy, Konnan and Savio Vega in a hardcore six men tag match and Arn Anderson faces Ultimate Warrior.

- WCW is already talking to Sycho Sid about returning to the company. Sid was last seen in WCW back in '93 when he stabbed Arn Anderson with a pair of scissors. Eric Bischoff wants to bring Sid back into the company and push him into the spotlight to face Sting for the WCW World Championship. Sid is usually over with WCW fans for one reason or another and could pop a buyrate against WCW's top stars. If Sid returns as a face, Then he could face The Giant or Scott Steiner.

- With talks of Scott Hall, British Bulldog and Sycho Sid possibly coming into WCW, Several young wrestlers are not happy. Especially the young stars who feel that they bust their backs day in and day out for less money and a tougher schedule, While those three will more than likely get twice what they're paid for in the WWF and work alot less dates than everyone else. The veterans in the back have mixed feelings. Some of them would love to wrestle those three men and think that they could cause a big impact on WCW ratings wise. Others feel that those names will take the attention away from them.

- Doug Gilbert is not a liked man around ECW or USPW. He left both companies without giving notice and didn't drop his USPW North American Championship. Some say that Gilbert still has his USPW North American Championship in his possession. Talk is going around that this means the title getting thrown into the trash like Madusa did with her women's title back in '95. His debut should be on the July 7th Nitro.

- With Jimmy Snuka retiring, A spot has opened up in the upper midcard scene in WCW. The spot is likely to go to Eddie Guerrero who recently turned heel. Guerrero is scheduled to feud with Diamond Dallas Page over the WCW United States Championship. Whether he wins the title is a whole nother story.

- WCW is talking about bringing in Lawrence Taylor into the company. WCW wants mainstream attention and feel that possible matches between LT and Reggie White could get a large buyrate. Another opponent being tossed at LT is Mike Tyson.

- Dennis Rodman has said to be wanting to become a full time wrestler.

- ECW has Heatwave on July 27th. This is the third ECW Pay Per View. The main event will feature Taz defending the ECW World Championship against Rob Van Dam. Other matches include Bam Bam Bigelow defending the ECW Television Championship against Mike Awesome, ECW Tag Team Champions, Rock N Roll Express defend their titles against Rhino and Alex Porteau, Chaz Warrington battles former partner Glen Ruth, Raven fights Saturn, Steve Corino and Kensuke Sasaki team up to face Dudley Boyz, Jerry Lynn squares off against Little Guido, The Mountie makes his official debut against David Taylor, And Super Crazy and Great Sasuke will fight for a chance to become the number one contender for the ECW Television Championship.

- ECW's success on Television and Pay Per View continues. Code Red continues getting big ratings on NBC as well as Hardcore TV, Who's giving RAW Saturday Night some tough competition. While their PPV buyrates aren't anywhere near as big as the WWF's, ECW does pretty well on PPV. Their first PPV got a 0.65 buyrate with last month's getting a 0.67 buyrate. ECW makes money every month and doesn't seem to have problems in the money department.

- Nova will miss his second ECW PPV as he will be defending the VZF World Heavyweight Championship against Terry Taylor at Darkness Falls on July 27th. Nova will wrestle USPW's Scars And Stripes event on July 20th and it's rumored that he'll become the USPW North American Champion.

- Ron Simmons is rumored to show up in USPW soon.

Show Reports

WWF House Show from Springfield, Massachusetts 7/1/97

1. WWF Tag Team Champions, Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman defeated Scott Hall and Sean Waltman to retain the titles. (match length- 12:43)

2. Kip Parker, "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty and Sunny defeated Simon Diamond, Johnny Swinger and Dawn Marie. (match length- 3:00)

3. WWF European Champion, Alex Wright defeated Goldust to retain the title. (match length- 7:17)

4. Ken Shamrock defeated D'Lo Brown. (match length- 6:52)

5. Chavo Guerrero defeated Hunter Hearst Helmsley. (match length- 10:25)

6. WWF Intercontinental Champion, Al Snow defeated "Stone Cold" Steve Austin to retain the title. (match length- 13:06)

7. John Bradshaw defeated Kama Mustafa. (match length- 4:44)

8. Jacobs defeated Mark Henry. (match length- 3:59)

9. Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash defeated Bret Hart and British Bulldog. (match length- 13:49)

10. WWF World Champion, The Undertaker defeated Rick Martel to retain the title in a lumberjack match. The lumberjacks were, Adam Copeland, Christian Cage, Brian Adams, Brian Lee, Devon Storm, Henry Godwinn, Phineous Godwinn, Taka Michinoku, Bart Gunn, The Patriot, Billy Gunn, Brian Christopher, Hakushi, Hollywood Holly, Duke Droese, Luigi Alfredo Rufino, Rocky Maivia, Nasty Mike, Lash LeRoux and Sho Funaki. (match length- 13:13)

WCW House Show from Hattiesburg, Mississippi 7/1/97

1. WCW Television Champion, "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan defeated "Conman" Chris Chavis to retain the title. (match length- 3:15)

2. Lance Storm defeated Chris Candido. (match length- 13:54)

3. WCW Tag Team Champions, Road Warriors defeated Harlem Heat, Public Enemy and Nasty Boys in a four corners elimination match to retain the titles. (match length- 7:17)

4. Goldberg defeated Bryan Clark. (match length- 5:00)

5. WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Billy Kidman defeated Rey Mysterio Jr. to retain the title. (match length- 15:39)

6. Konnan defeated Tommy Dreamer in a Mexican Death Match. (match length- 8:08)

7. WCW United States Champion, Diamond Dallas Page defeated Eddie Guerrero to retain the title. (match length- 11:25)

8. Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior and The Bootyman defeated The Giant, Rick Steiner and Scott Steiner in a no disqualification six men tag team match. (match length- 6:48)

9. The Sandman defeated Terry Gordy in a hardcore rules match up. (match length- 7:11)

10. WCW World Champion, Sting defeated Lex Luger to retain the title. (match length- 13:19)

ECW House Show from Mobile, Alabama 7/1/97

1. ECW Television Champion, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Doug Furnas to retain the title. (match length- 9:44)

2. Scotty Riggs defeated Chris Adams. (match length- 6:29)

3. Rhino defeated Balls Mahoney. (match length- 5:10)

4. Tito Santana and Tom Zenk defeated Rex King, Steve Doll and Hiroyoshi Tenzan in a handicap match. (match length- 8:55)

5. Mike Awesome defeated Mike Rotundo. (match length- 6:30)

6. ECW Tag Team Champions, Rock N Roll Express defeated Dudley Boyz to retain the titles. (match length- 4:46)

7. Little Guido defeated Jerry Lynn, Hayabusa and Super Crazy in a international four corners elimination match up. (match length- 13:00)

8. Raven defeated Stevie Richards in a Raven's rules match. (match length- 10:55)

9. Steve Corino defeated Saturn and Kensuke Sasaki in a triple threat match. (match length- 11:43)

10. ECW World Champion, Taz defeated Rob Van Dam to retain the title. (match length- 14:27)

USWA House Show from Memphis, Tennessee 7/1/97

1. USWA Tag Team Champions, Malice and The Demon defeated Lenny Lane and Lodi to retain the titles. (match length- 1:25)

2. Steel McManus defeated Erik Holman. (match length- 2:00)

3. USWA Light Heavyweight Champion, Justin Howe defeated Daniel Morris to retain the title. (match length- 6:53)

4. Scott Borders defeated Chris Hamrick. (match length- 2:12)

5. Turbo Thompson defeated Kimo. (match length- 0:50)

6. USWA North American Champion, Disco Inferno defeated Darnell Porter to retain the title. (match length- 7:17)

7. Danny Nathans fought Hector Garza to a no contest. (match length- 4:04)

8. Gangrel defeated Shadow. (match length- 10:37)

9. York Adams defeated Ekmo. (match length- 6:07)

10. USWA World Champion, Andrew Martin defeated Chris Davis to retain the title. (match length- 12:49)

*This show featured Owen Hart's surprise return. Owen Hart claimed that since he was "fired" from the WWF, He was going to invade the USWA and take the USWA World Championship. Owen Hart also claimed that he was going to lead USWA wrestlers to take over the WWF.*

Current In Your House "Canadian Uprisal" Card

IPB Image

credit Cole for the awesome banner

Date: July 13, 1997

Current Card

The Undertaker© Vs. Rick Martel

10 Men Tag Team Elimination Match

Winners Are Granted One Favor Each

Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman and Vader Vs. Bret Hart, British Bulldog, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Goldust

Triple Threat Match

Al Snow© Vs. Hollywood Holly Vs. "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty

World Wrestling Federation European Championship

Alex Wright© Vs. John Bradshaw

Chavo Guerrero© Vs. Hakushi

Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman© Vs. Suicide Blonds

Lumberjack Match

If Sycho Sid Loses, Then The Money Mine Is Through!

Mark Henry Vs. Sycho Sid

Ken Shamrock Vs. D'Lo Brown

Edited by Baby Hewey

THE CHAMP, IS HERE! And that means Baby Hewey's awesome WWF '96-'97 diary. Man, You still are my idol for a few reasons; You've played this game for over a year and a half soon, And you've made it an universe totally of your own. While Austin and Maivia clearly are starting to pick up some spotlight, Guys like Hall, Nash, Michaels, Undertaker, the Harts and Mr. Perfect are still kept in the big leagues. As a matter of fact, I hope you'll keep it this way. On my behalf, I did not like Austin becoming "Stone Cold". A scenario is a chance to be creative, I just wished you'd come up with a different name like... Well, Perhaps calling him "Stone Cold" wasn't such a bad idea afterall :D

You have the heel and face divisions blended so well, That in '98 you might even be able to go the complete opposite direction that what the WWF did, Even with the same superstars. Imagine; Stone Cold and The Rock as a heel tag team. Face Michaels and heel Bret. The Hart Brothers FINALLY fighting on the same side (And this is presuming that Owen won't turn face, Which I don't want to happen!). It would be very interesting to read I tell you.

What else do we have... Yeah, Kudos to 'ya for that end-of-the-month report. Gives some good minor details and a great "all-in-all" thoughts about the past month. Just don't make it too easy for yourself - Releasing Sid is what I'm talking about. What's next, Chris Benoit gets pushed to the moon in '97? :ohwell:

I just hope you'll go Baby Hewey way, Not the WWF Attitude way. Do your own kinda things, That's what I love about this diary.

Thanks for the comments guys. Verder, Don't worry, I won't make things easy for myself and turn this into a attitude era rip off. The reason Sid is going is, His morale has been shot down straight to hell, I doubt I could get back up anytime soon. As for Austin's "Stone Cold" nickname, I do agree that it's not original, But in this diary, Austin is a more cold, Sadistic heel. And no, Benoit won't get pushed big time anytime soon, I love the crippler as much as anyone, But I love his team with Pillman. And yeah, I do like having the older guys like Hall, Nash, Perfect around with the young guys, As it gives me some dream matches for them that we never got to see in real life. And some wrestlers like Perfect, Bret, Nash, Hall, etc gotta finish their careers in the WWF. Thanks again for the comments guys (Y)

IPB Image

Date: July 4, 1997

The hottest action on a Friday night is here. The WWF will be in Lawrence, Kansas for what promises to be a big time episode of Friday Night Mayhem. Since Friday Night Mayhem's first show a year ago, We've seen some classic main events. But tonight, We're going to see a big time main event. Perhaps, The biggest main event ever seen on WWF TV. It'll be a huge six men tag team war. On one side, Goldust, Hunter Hearst Helmsley and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin join forces to face "The Genetic Wonder" Kevin Nash, Vader and the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels. We're only nine days away from what promises to be a huge In Your House event. And what will happen when six of the men involved in next Sunday's ten men elimination match up face off? Goldust and Helmsley seem to have reconnected their alliance after Helmsley saved Goldust on Monday Night Raw, But team Vader is also together and ready to do whatever it takes to bring down the administration. This is a main event you do not want to miss.

Another big match up, Will be the big WWF Tag Team Championship match. We'll see the unlikely duo of "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty and Al Snow team up to battle Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman. Most people consider Benoit and Pillman as the greatest tag team in the history of the WWF, They are definitely the most aggressive tag team in the WWF, And ever since winning back the titles, The champions have been unbeatable. And how will Snow and Jannetty work together after Jannetty accidentally laid out Snow with his title on Monday night?

Also, Sunny's new man, Kip Parker makes his in ring debut against the genius of the WWF, Billy Gunn. Sunny and Gunn have quite the history, And Sunny brought Kip Parker into the WWF to show up Billy Gunn. Will he do that? Both these athletes are what the new generation is all about. The young and up coming WWF Light Heavyweight wrestlers will also be in action, As the number one contender to Chavo Guerrero's WWF Light Heavyweight Championship, Hakushi, Battles Taka Michinoku. What a great match up this should be between two of the top Light Heavyweight wrestlers in all the world.

As he gets ready for his forced match against D'Lo Brown at In Your House, Ken Shamrock must take on the master and the ruler of the world, Sycho Sid. Sycho Sid heads into In Your House to face the young Mark Henry in a lumberjack match, And the future of the Money Mine is at stake. But will Sid's issues with Henry distract him in this match against Ken Shamrock? Which one of these two men will walk away victorious? This should be a great athletic contest, And the winner will no doubt come a step closer to getting a shot against The Undertaker's WWF Championship.

Also, Tonight we'll hear from Bret "The Hitman" Hart and British Bulldog. What will those two men have to say after losing their match on Monday Night Raw? John Bradshaw will also be in the building, And after laying out Alex Wright's bodyguard, You know the big Texan will have alot to say. And the greatest WWF Champion of all time, The Undertaker will be in the house. Will he and Rick Martel get into it?

IPB Image

Channel: UPN

Date: July 4, 1997

Attendance: 7,519

Ticket Sales: $300,760

Announcers: Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Tag Team Mayhem!

The fans immediately begin to boo, And with good reason, Out from the back comes Bret "The Hitman" Hart and British Bulldog. Neither men look too happy as they make their way from the back. British Bulldog, In a muscle T-shirt while Hart is wearing his street clothing, With his "Hitman" jacket over his t-shirt. Hart's wearing black sunglasses instead of the usual pink ones. They enter the ring and ask for a microphone. Fink hands over the mic to "The Hitman", Who looks around at the booing crowd.

Bret Hart- I know today is suppose to be some big day for all of you Americans, And I know you people want to celebrate, But I am not in the mood for your pathetic festivities. This past Monday night on Monday Night Raw, I was screwed! Myself and Davey Boy Smith were pounding away on Scott Hall and Sean Waltman, And thanks to Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels, Hall and Waltman were able to steal the victory. Shawn Michaels, I already dealt with you at the King Of The Ring. And if I remember correctly, I beat you at the King Of The Ring, One, two, three. And Kevin Nash, As far as you're concerned, As soon as In Your House is done with, I'm coming after you. You humiliated me last week and I haven't, And will never forget about taking the Jackknife this past Monday night. And to the rest of team Nash, You five men are heading into war against the five best athletes in the WWF. Myself, British Bulldog, Steve Austin, Goldust and Hunter Hearst Helmsley are a well oiled machine. And we will defeat you five men. And when we're allowed our favors, I will cash in a shot at the World Wrestling Federation Championship. And I will go right back to the top of the WWF. This is the new era of the WWF. Only the strong survive. There is no room for weakness. And as I've done in the past, I'll eliminate anyone who stands in my way. It started with my own brother Owen, And it'll end with those five men next Sunday night. Don't think you five are going to make a difference and kick Rick Rude out of the Commissioner spot, Then you got another thing coming.

British Bulldog- You know, I know these idiotic American fans think today is going to be a big deal. And I know they think Shawn Michaels, Vader and Kevin Nash are going to beat our partners in the main event, But that's not gonna happen. Goldust, Steve Austin and Hunter Hearst Helmsley are going to wipe the floor with those three miscreants. And at In Your House, We will come out victorious. Rick Rude and the administration rule the World Wrestling Federation. And there's nothing anyone can do about that. And if anyone thinks Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Vader, Sean Waltman and Scott Hall have a chance in hell against the five of us next Sunday night, Then, Well, I guess that proves my point about you fans being ignorant. Things will not change after In Your House. Infact, Things will only get worse for those of you who defy the administration.

Bret Hart- Like Bulldog said, The administration rules the WWF. Either you join us, Or be prepared to take the beating Shawn Michaels took at the King Of The Ring. And it won't stop there. Everyone who doesn't show the Commissioner the respect he deserves will be dealt with and most likely, Run out of the WWF. But you know, Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels might be against us. But what about Vader? Or Scott Hall? Or Sean Waltman? I mean, I don't remember doing anything that bad to them. I mean, If one of them, Or two, Or all three were to stop this thing and maybe want to join us, Then, I'm sure the Commissioner would reward you greatly. Come on, Can you three really trust Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels? And Nash, Michaels, Sorry, But this offer isn't for you. Because, You two started this, And now, You'll have to pay for it. You can boo me all you want, But if I was Sean Waltman, Scott Hall or Vader, I'd consider joining the administration. So, That's why tonight, We're going to give an all night open invitation for those three men. And don't be surprised if one of them joins us. I...........

Bret Hart's tirade against the fans is interrupted by the music of Sean Waltman. The fans explode as Sean Waltman appears on top of the stage. Sean Waltman poses around on stage for a bit as his music dies down. Waltman adjusts his bandana and stares down Bret Hart and Davey Boy Smith.

Sean Waltman- What's up Lawrence, Kansas? And did I hear right? An open invitation to join the administration? You know? That would make things alot easier on me. Cause, I gotta say, Fighting the Commissioner has not been easy on me. Everyday, It's something new. And I gotta say it, Maybe I am in over my head. And now that I think about it, What would I have to gain from joining Nash and Michaels? I mean, They made their beds and screwed themselves in it, Why should I pay for it?

Bret Hart- Exactly.

Sean Waltman- See, I'm all about opportunity. And why should I get put through hell when I can take the easy way out?

Bret Hart- Speaking as one of the generals of the administration, I'd love to have you join us. And I know the Commissioner would forget all of your problems in the past. You're the youngest one in your group, And the one with the most potential. Don't worry your chances of ever making big in the WWF by hanging around those losers.

Sean Waltman- Then again, Joining the administration doesn't really seem like my bag. See, As much as it would be easy for me to turn my back on everyone and sell out like you did, I just don't have it in me. Bret, I always respected you. You were one of the guys I looked up to when I started out in the WWF. But now, I have found out who you really are. You're nothing more than a crybaby a**hole bastard! And if you really think I'm joining Rick Rude and his lackeys, Then you're dumber than Bulldog looks!

British Bulldog tries to exit the ring, But Hart holds him back. The fans cheer Waltman on as he does a few crotch chops at Hart and Bulldog.

Bret Hart- Do you think I'm gonna get mad? Do you think I'm about to let Bulldog jump you? No, I don't think so. I know you're probably trying to lead us into a ambush. But I'll tell you what, Why don't you come down to the ring right now and face the both of us? Prove to us that you're not the weakling in your team. I've seen Michaels take on two men at once. I've seen Hall, Nash and Vader do it as well. But what about you? Are you nothing more than a punk? What do you say, Kid?

Sean Waltman starts walking down the entrance way, But he's cut short as the music of Scott Hall hits the arena. The fans in attendance go crazy as Scott Hall swaggers down behind Waltman. Both men nod at each other and hit the ring! Hall pairs off with Davey Boy Smith while Waltman and Hart trade blows! The fans come alive as Hall gets the best out of Bulldog and dumps Bulldog over the top rope. Meanwhile, Waltman drills Hart with a spinning heel kick! Hall stands Hart up and sends Hart to the corner. Waltman unloads on Hart with a series of deadly kicks! Bulldog gets up on the apron, But Scott Hall knocks him down with a right hand. Waltman comes out of the corner and rides Hart down in the corner with a bronco buster! Before Waltman can do anymore damage to "The Hitman", Bulldog pulls Hart out to the floor, Earning himself boos by the fans. Referees run down from the back and hold back Bulldog and Hart. Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with Scott Hall and Sean Waltman standing tall in the ring.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hakushi Vs. Taka Michinoku

The current WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, And Hakushi's opponent for In Your House, Chavo Guerrero was shown watching from the back. This one was a good bout, But with very little crowd reaction. Especially after the hot opening segment. Both men gave it all they had, Especially Hakushi, Who the announcers said was on a mission to show he was the elite Light Heavyweight talent in the company. Hakushi wrestled a more aggressive style, Using illegal chokes and stomps to Taka in the corner, Almost getting himself disqualified several times. Michinoku wouldn't stay down though, And fought fire with fire. Taka busted out a huge springboard moonsault to Hakushi on the outside at one point. Taka Michinoku looked like he had the win his grasp several times. After catching Hakushi with a big drop kick, Taka went for the Michinoku Driver, But Hakushi escaped and spit green mist into Taka's eyes, Without the referee seeing it, Hakushi then rolled up Taka for the cheap win.

Hakushi looked at the camera and stuck out his green tongue. Hakushi mouthed off something in Japanese, Finishing it off in English, Saying "Chavo, The belt belongs to me." Chavo watched from the back, Not looking too worried about his challenger.

61, 57, 79 **1/4

Hakushi debuted his new gimmick, (Evil Foreigner) it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

He Will Get His Vengeance

We return from the commercial break with John Bradshaw making his way to the ring to a decent crowd reaction. The big hoss enters the ring and plays the crowd for a bit before being handed a microphone. We're reminded that because of the lariat she took from Bradshaw this past Monday night, Joanie Laurer will never be seen in the WWF again.

John Bradshaw- Alex Wright! Boy, How's it feel? How does it feel to be you? I came to this great city of Lawrence, Kansas on the nation's birthday to find out two good things. One, That man beast of yours, Laurer, Is out permanently thanks to my clothesline from hell! And secondly, I have been awarded a title shot against you at In Your House. Alex Wright, Just like we kicked the Germans asses in WW2, I will go to In Your House and kick your ass and take your WWF European Championship. Because, You sure as hell don't deserve to be champion of nothing! I gave you a beating this Monday night and now, Without your manager by your side, Things aren't starting to look good for you, Are they? My grand daddy kicked your grand daddies ass at WW2, And I'll kick your ass next Sunday night! The only difference is, I won't put you down quickly, I'm gonna give you a ass pounding like no other! And when you go back to that hell hole you call Germany, And all those "men" are asking you why you lost, You can tell them it was because you stepped into the ring with a 100%, Grade A, American, Money back guarantee, Ass kicker! And there's nothing you can do about it! And just because it's the 4th of July, I think it would be appropriate for us to stand up for the national anthem. So, Everyone stand up, Show pride in your country as the greatest anthem in the world plays!

Most fans start to stand up as the anthem begins to play. However, After about twenty seconds, The anthem is interrupted by the music of the WWF European Champion, Alex Wright. The crowd doesn't seem happy and chant "USA". Alex Wright is shown on the big screen, Looking worse for wear after having to face the big Texan this past Monday night.

Alex Wright- I'm sorry, But I already got a pounding headache. I don't need to hear that disgusting music. Bradshaw, Congratulations. You have proven me right. By brutally attacking a woman on Monday Night Raw, You have shown me what I have always known. American men can't get the job done, So you have to beat up women. Quite disgusting. And what's even worse is you get a title shot against me. I just don't get it. You go around beating women, And you're rewarded? Then again, Every man in the United States beat up their wife's and they're rewarded by their wife's sticking by them like cheap whores. And Bradshaw, Don't think your attack on my bodyguard will go unpunished.

John Bradshaw- Hey, From where I stand, That thing you used to drag around the ring with you ain't no woman!

Alex Wright- Make all the jokes you want. You know you're nothing more than a redneck scumbag. And if I gotta kick your butt at In Your House to show everyone you're nothing more than cheap American trash, Then by God, I will do it. It doesn't matter if you have the fans, The whole country, Or even that fat little obnoxious announcer on your side. I will beat you. And you will not get your hand on my WWF European Championship. Not now, Not ever.

John Bradshaw- If you're so confident about that, Why don't you get your little skinny German ass down here and fight me like a man?

Alex Wright- All right, You want me? You got me!

The screen now shows Alex Wright leaving his dressing room and walking down a long hallway. Bradshaw stays in the ring and waits as Wright's music plays. And surprisingly enough, Out comes Alex Wright wearing a long black coat. Wright makes his way down the ramp way very slowly. Once he enters the ring, Bradshaw charges at Wright! Bradshaw starts to pound Wright with right hands! Bradshaw knocks down Wright and starts pounding on the WWF European Champion in the corner. But wait! Bradshaw just got knocked down! Wright just pulled a pipe out of his coat and hit Bradshaw in the face! Wright winds up and hits Bradshaw in the face one more time! Bradshaw falls down to the canvas, His face a bloodied mess. Wright stands over him and salutes the crowd. We go to a commercial break with the crowd booing Wright, Who stands over Bradshaw.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit© Vs. Al Snow and "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty

Al Snow and Marty Jannetty were basically thrown into this match by the Commissioner, Who wanted to see both opponents for In Your House team up, Despite the problems they have had in the past couple of weeks. Things got even tougher for them when Chris Kanyon lead Hollywood Holly down to the ringside area with him. Jannetty and Snow actually worked well together in the early stages of the match. They surprised the champs with some quick offense. But it wasn't long before Kanyon had the referee distracted, Allowing Hollywood to jump both Snow and Jannetty on the outside. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman destroyed Jannetty in the ring, Using quick tags to keep the former WWF Intercontinental Champion from making the tag. Kanyon and Hollywood kept watching the match with a smile on their faces as Jannetty got pounded on. Jannetty was finally able to make the hot tag to Snow, Who entered the ring and cleaned house. Pillman and Jannetty fought on the outside while Benoit fought Snow in the ring. Snow caught Benoit with the Snow Plow out of nowhere and hooked the legs, But Kanyon was up on the apron again! Hollywood came into the ring with the WWF Intercontinental Championship and hit Snow with it over the back of the head! Hollywood left the ring as Kanyon got off the apron and the referee made the three count, Giving Benoit and Pillman the huge victory.

Hollywood and Kanyon fled to the back while Jannetty tried to enter the ring and help out Snow, Who was getting stomped on by Benoit. But Pillman nailed Jannetty from behind and rammed him into the steel ring post. Pillman enters the ring as Benoit stands up Snow. Benoit had Snow positioned for a powerbomb, But before the move can be executed, The Suicide Blonds come running down from the back with steel chairs in hand! Benoit and Pillman quickly fled the ring as their young challengers taunted them from the ring. Jim Ross announced Benoit and Pillman would defend their titles against the Suicide Blonds at In Your House "Canadian Uprisal".

73, 77, 88 ***1\2

The True Teen Sensation

We cut backstage where Marissa Mazzola is shown standing by with Kip Parker and his manager Sunny.

Marissa Mazzola- Kip Parker, You made your shocking WWF debut over a week ago on Friday Night Mayhem. And tonight, You make your in ring debut. Your opponent, The man Sunny used to manage, Billy Gunn, The self proclaimed genius of the WWF. Kip Parker, Billy Gunn is a former multiple time WWF Tag Team Champion, And considered to be one of the best pound for pound athletes in the history of the WWF. How do you feel as you head into this battle?

Kip Parker- You know, First of all, The Kipmiester doesn't sweat Billy Gunn. I've watched plenty of tapes of him, And well, The guy is nothing more than a loser. He's not a genius. He can snap at me all he wants, But the guy doesn't belong in the WWF. He's a loser, Always has, And will always be one. Sunny dumped you and brought the teen sensation to the ring. I'm Kip Parker, The man all the girls go crazy over. So fellas, Lock up your daughters, Lock up your wifes, Cause man is back in town.

Sunny- Marissa, Billy Gunn was nothing more than a loser. What makes you think he stands a chance against this teen idol? Billy Gunn, You blew your chance with me. And tonight, "genius", Kip Parker is taking you to school!

Marissa Mazzola- Jim Ross, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Kip Parker seems ready. Will he be able to stand toe to toe with Billy Gunn? We'll find out next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Kip Parker with Sunny Vs. Billy Gunn

The crowd seemed to be behind Kip Parker for this battle. Parker was decked out in black and pink and there were a few women in the front row cheering him on. Billy Gunn has a new theme, With him shouting "I'm a genius" at the beginning of the song. Gunn jumped Parker right from the get go. Both men fought back and fourth, With Gunn being able to take the advantage after some under handed tactics. Gunn would stop and yell at Sunny, Going as far as grabbing her by the throat and shoving her down. Ross made sure to call Gunn a no good son of a b**** by treating a woman like that. Billy Gunn had the opportunity to win the match after catching Parker with a tornado DDT, But instead of going for the cover, He started taunting the fans. What the evil genius didn't see, Was Parker sneak up behind him and roll him up for the three count.

Parker and Sunny headed to the back while Gunn threw a fit inside the ring. Gunn grabbed referee Mike Chioda and started yelling at Chioda before calmly letting Chioda go. Ross called Gunn a psycho.

62, 71, 66 *1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Administration Has Another Enemy

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the break with the Commissioner of the WWF, Rick Rude coming down to the ring with his assistant, William Regal. Both men look very determined as they enter the ring. The crowd boos both men on, But neither men seem to care. Rude asks for the mic right away.

Rick Rude- There has some matters that need to be discussed. The first one being In Your House "Canadian Uprisal". Now, I know the five men representing me will give it everything they have. And I know they will make sure I stay in power. And when they do win, I will grant each one of them one favor, Whatever they want, They get. Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels, Vader, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman, Do you think you'll be able to defeat those five men I've chosen? I've chosen the elite of the WWF to represent me. And none of you will put me out of business. No, I'd say, You're all going to have a very depressing In Your House. And if, And I mean if, My team does lose, Then the five of you men will have hell to pay. But I have total confidence in my team. And I know they will destroy those five losers who are trying to wrong me. Now, Onto other matters. There's a man who's walking around in the back thinking he's the next big thing. And that man is the 1997 King Of The Ring winner, D'Lo Brown. D'Lo, You won the tournament. Who cares? It was one lucky win. If you think you're stopping my administration with one lucky win, Then you got another thing coming. And I got a announcement regarding your match with Ken Shamrock at In Your House "Canadian Uprisal". I know you're a cheater. You like to steal victories, Hell, That's how you became the King Of The Ring. Well, There will be a special referee for your match next Sunday night. Just to make sure Ken Shamrock gets fair treatment and doesn't get screwed. And another thing, Ken Shamrock, I know you're not crazy about this match. But remember the old saying. "You scratch my back, And I'll scratch yours". And if you take out that piece of trash D'Lo, Then my boy, You............

Ken Shamrock's music comes on, Interrupting the Commissioner. The fans cheer as the world's most dangerous man power walks down to the ring. Shamrock enters the ring and stares a hole right through the Commissioner. Shamrock asks for a mic while both Rude and Regal look on. Regal, In particular, Doesn't look happy over Shamrock coming down here.

William Regal- Listen here sunshine, I don't know who you think you are, But you don't interrupt the Commissioner of the WWF. I.............

Ken Shamrock- You shut the hell up before I beat your ass kissing ass all over this building! Rick Rude, I don't know who the hell you think you are, Putting me in a match with D'Lo and trying to force me to cripple him. Let me tell you something, I don't need some sneaky referee to officiate my match. I'll take care of D'Lo Brown myself. If I lose, I lose. I don't need your help or anyone else's help. So, I'm telling you now, If your referee tries to help me in anyway, I will not be responsible for what happens to him.

Rick Rude- Ken Shamrock, I'm the Commissioner around here. So, When you address me, You shall show some manners. And I make the rules around here. Not you. If I say there's going to be a special referee for your match, Then there will be a special referee for your match up.

Ken Shamrock- Is that so? Commissioner, I think you need a little attitude adjustment. Because I am warning you, Mess with me, And I will make you regret it.

William Regal- Listen up you shaped ape, This administration is not intimidated by you! You show the Commissioner some bloody respect. Or else.........

Ken Shamrock- Or else what?

The crowd cheers as Shamrock grabs Regal by the throat! Rude tells Shamrock to let go as Regal begs for dear life. Just as things can't get more out of hand, D'Lo Brown makes his way down to the ring. The crowd is going crazy, Expecting Rude and Regal to be in trouble now. D'Lo enters the ring and shoves Rude away. D'Lo then grabs Regal away from Shamrock. Both Shamrock and D'Lo engage in a staredown. Regal and Rude exit the ring and go to the top of the stage. D'Lo grabs the microphone and gets ready to speak, Pointing at both Regal and Rude.

D'Lo Brown- Commissioner, Hey, If you think your little guest referee will screw me over, You better recognize and listen up. Nothing is stopping me from kicking this man's ass next Sunday night! I respect the hell out of Shamrock, But I ain't letting no one stop me from taking apart the administration. I should be in the main event, But I guess I'll have to settle and kick Shamrock's behind. And another thing, D'Lo............

D'Lo can't finish up as Shamrock spins him around and delivers a big time belly to belly suplex on D'Lo! Rude and Regal watch from the stage, Laughing at D'Lo. Shamrock stands over D'Lo's body and grabs the microphone.

Ken Shamrock- I don't know why you two are laughing. After I'm done with him, I'm coming for the two of you.

We go to a break with Shamrock staying in the ring while D'Lo is helped to the back. Regal and Rude head backstage.

Rick Rude lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ken Shamrock Vs. Sycho Sid with Dawn Marie

The announcers mentioned that during the break, Regal bribed Sid to go take care of the world's most dangerous man. Sid, Who's on his way out of the company, Didn't seem to give two shits about this match and it showed. Sid barely put any effort into the match, But it was kept short. Sid looked like he had things well in hand after choke slamming Shamrock, But decided to go for the powerbomb. What Sid didn't count on was Shamrock escaping and taking Sid down to the canvas and applying the Ankle Lock to the big man. Dawn Marie tried to get up on the apron, But Mark Henry came down from the back and pulled her off the apron! Henry then taunted Sid as he tried to reach for the ropes, But Shamrock just dragged him back to the center of the ring. Sid had no choice but to tap out!

Shamrock headed to the back with another win under his cap while Henry entered the ring. But he didn't get his hands on Sid, Who quickly ran to the back. Henry stood tall in the ring while the announcers hyped the lumberjack match between both men next Sunday night.

67, 81, 64 *1/4

Sycho Sid was sluggish and didn't put much effort in.

Interview with Steve Austin, Goldust, Marlena and Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Marissa Mazzola is backstage once again, This time she's with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Goldust and his manager Marlena.

Marissa Mazzola- I'm standing by with the team of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Goldust. And guys, Up next, In tonight's huge main event, You'll team up to face Vader, Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels. And now it seems like the three of you are on the same page as you head into the ten men tag team match next Sunday night. Your thoughts on tonight's match?

Steve Austin- Melanie, What you have to understand is, Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels and Vader are nothing. They're not in our league. I mean, Woman, Look at this team. You got three of the top WWF superstars of all time. And what, What can Kevin Nash, Vader and Shawn Michaels do to us? They got nothing! Vader is just a big fat piece of trash! Nobody is scared of him! If he was up in my face, I'd say, "hey, bring it on you fat cow!" I'll take Vader out in the ring, In the parking lot, Hell, I'll beat his fat ass all the way down the road to the local red lobster! As far as Kevin Nash goes. Boy, You're lucky old "Stone Cold" Steve Austin has never gotten his hands on, That is, Until tonight. I can't wait to get that pretty little head of hair of yours in the ring and give you a Steve Austin sized ass kicking. You can brag about being the genetic wonder all you want, But Steve Austin is something much bigger than a genetic wonder, And Kevin Nash, You're gonna find that out tonight. And Shawn Michaels, Mr. Boy toy, Mr. sexy boy, I know what you're thinking. I know exactly what you're thinking. You're jealous of me! You're jealous of my body! My sexy bald head, The fact that all the women want me! The three of you ain't nothing but little boys fighting men. And when the night is over, Hell, All three of you are going to be crying and sucking your little thumbs. You don't respect authority and the Commissioner, And for that, You will have to pay.

Marissa Mazzola- Hunter Hearst Helmsley, It seems like you and Goldust are back on good terms since you saved him from Jacobs on Monday Night Raw. You took a huge choke slam from Jacobs for your efforts, But are things patched up between the two of you?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Marissa, I opened my eyes this past Monday night. When Goldust was about to take a beating at the hands of Jacobs on Raw, It made me realize how much I care for this crazy bastard. But like I say, I'm no better than he is. Just because I got more money, And I am better looking than him, Doesn't mean I don't cherish our friendship like Goldust does. And I knew I didn't want to see Goldust take a beating at the hands of Jacobs. And even though I got choke slammed by that lunatic, In the end, It was well worth it. Well worth it indeed.

Marlena- Really? If I watched the right show this past Monday night, I remember "Stone Cold" kind of forcing you to make things right. But it could be just me.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Why do you need to stir things up? I took a choke slam for this man. Okay? I proved to everyone that I care, No, Love this man!......... As a friend. And I saved him from a vicious attack. So, Don't you dare say I had other motives for saving him on Monday night. Goldust is my best friend, And damn it, If he needs me, I'll be there for him. cheesy smile Cause that's what friends do.

Steve Austin- Beautiful stuff man. And Marlena, You don't need to be stirring things up. Helmsley and Goldust are as good of a tag team combination that I have ever seen. I mean, They make all the other teams in the wrestling world look like jokes! And I'm just glad to be near all this love.

Goldust- Hunter, When you came to my rescue this Monday night, You proved to the entire world that you could be trusted. You came fourth like a hero. Like a fireman jumping into the fire to save a child. You proved to the whole world that you are a team player. And Hunter, I feel that after In Your House is over with, You and I will run on top of the WWF tag team division. I will be with those four talented men at In Your House to face five men, Who I have no love loss for. And when I do get my one wish, It won't just be a favor granted for me, It'll be a favor granted for each and everyone of these "Helmsleydust" fans. And I guarantee no one will never forget the name of takes a deep breath Helmsleydust.

Marissa Mazzola- Fans, The big six men tag team match up is next. Which team will come out with the win? It's the main event you do not want to miss!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels and Vader Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Goldust with Marlena

Scott Hall, Sean Waltman, British Bulldog and Bret Hart were announced as being thrown out of the building due to their confrontation earlier in the night, Making this a fair fight. This main event had a hot crowd who were into everything these six men did. Austin is easily going to be one of the WWF's top heels this summer, And with the time he spent in the ring with Kevin Nash, It could be planting the seeds for a future feud. Austin was trying to avoid Vader and Nash, And would only get in to fight Michaels. When Michaels and Austin got to go at it, Austin took the advantage after some sneak attacks from Helmsleydust. Michaels was beat on for a great amount of the match, With the crowd begging him to make the hot tag. When Michaels finally made the hot tag to Nash, The crowd exploded. Nash entered the ring and started cleaning house. Soon, All six men got into it. Austin and Michaels wound up on the outside and fought all the way to the top of the stage. Vader and Goldust battled on the outside, Leaving Helmsley and Nash in the ring. Helmsley looked like he had things well in hand after nailing Nash with a low blow, But as he set up Nash for the Pedigree, Marlena got up on the apron with her purse in hand. This distracted Helmsley long enough for Nash to backdrop him. As Helmsley stood up, Nash whipped Helmsley into Marlena, Knocking Helmsley head first into the purse, And knocking Marlena off the apron! One big boot and Jackknife Powerbomb later, Nash had pinned Helmsley for the victory.

Goldust and Austin helped Helmsley and Marlena to the back while Kevin Nash, Vader and Shawn Michaels celebrated their victory.

78, 91, 81 ***1\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

52 days until the newest Light Heavyweight sensation comes to the World Wrestling Federation!

WWF Slam Of The Week- The Undertaker choke slams Rocky Maivia straight to hell. (Monday Night Raw 6/30/97)

Martel's Insurance Policy

The current World Wrestling Federation Champion, The Undertaker makes his way on down to the ring as we return from the commercial break. The phenom does his usual long entrance before finally entering the ring and bringing the lights back into the arena. Once he's handed a microphone, It's all business for the greatest WWF Champion of all time.

The Undertaker- Rick Martel, In nine days you will come into the ring and feel the wrath of the creatures night. Because when we step into this ring, Two men will fight for something much bigger than the WWF Championship. We will fight for our souls, For what we believe in. And when the bell rings, And one man's arm is raised, It won't be yours. Rick Martel, Your judgment day is coming. It's upon you. Nine days and counting. You might have gotten your so called protégé in your corner, But not even he could stop the fury and the wrath of the creatures of the night. And what you fail to realize is, There is no stopping me. There is no beating me. Many men have tried, And as you've witnessed first hand on Monday night, I cannot be defeated. I will take you straight to the darkness that you can't even imagine. I will drag you to the depths of hell which you can only dream of. And you will rest in...............

The Undertaker's trademark catchphrase is cut short by the music of the number one contender, Rick Martel. The crowd boos as we see Rick Martel on top of the stage with a microphone in hand.

Rick Martel- Undertaker, Let me tell you something pal, You do not scare me. You never have, And you never will. See, I am not impressed my you or your little tricks. I fear nobody. And when I enter the ring with you next Sunday night, I will be taking that WWF Championship off of around your waist! That belt belongs to the true phenom of the WWF, The true legend around here, Me! I did not make a huge comeback to the ring to watch every second rate superstar fight for the this title while I stood back and watched like a little punk. I've watched has beens like Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Warrior and many others get title shots while I had to fight every scrub in the back. While I was feuding with some dirty Indian, Those men were fighting for my title! I'm more talented than any of those old geezers. And Undertaker, I will do whatever it takes to leave In Your House with my title around my waist. Your title reign has been a joke. You have had no worthy challengers. And when I defeat you to become the new WWF Champion, You will never get a rematch. You and your fans might be cocky, But I have got a huge plan for our match. I got a little insurance policy. And now, If you don't mind, I'll be kicking your dead ass all over this hick town!

The Undertaker motions for Martel to bring it, And Martel starts walking down the entrance way! But wait, He stops, And here comes Rocky Maivia walking down with him! Martel and Maivia smile and hit the ring! Undertaker knocks down both men with a clothesline! Undertaker dumps Maivia over the top rope and grabs Martel by the throat and tosses Martel into the corner! Undertaker pounds the living hell out of Martel with right hands in the corner. Wait, Here comes Maivia with a steel chair! Maivia drills Undertaker with a shot to the back! But the champion didn't feel a thing! Maivia goes for another shot, But Undertaker boots the chair right into Maivia's face! Martel comes out of the corner and Undertaker drills him with a shot to the midsection! What is this? Here's Jacobs! What's he doing here! Jacobs enters the ring and Undertaker quickly drills him with a huge chair shot to the head, But Jacobs ain't going down! Undertaker hits Jacobs with another brutal shot to the head, But he feels nothing! Maivia low blows Undertaker from behind! Martel grabs the steel chair and drills Undertaker with a shot to the back, Sending him right into a huge choke slam from Jacobs! Martel tells Jacobs to send the champion to hell! Jacobs pulls Undertaker up and connects with the Powerbomb To Hell! Undertaker is out! Maivia and Martel taunt Undertaker while Jacobs looks on. With Undertaker down, Martel grabs the microphone.

Rick Martel- Meet my insurance policy! And Undertaker, What are you gonna do when the seven foot tall monster comes after you?

The crowd boos as the music hits the arena. Maivia raises Martel's arm in the air as Jacobs exits the ring. Martel slaps The Undertaker a few times before standing over the WWF Champion. Friday Night Mayhem goes off the air with Jim Ross asking the question, "Will Rick Martel's insurance policy pay off next Sunday night? Will Martel become the new WWF Champion?"

The Undertaker lost overness from this segment.

Overall Rating- 74

TV Rating- 6.90

Notes

"Kip Parker and Billy Gunn didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?" -Pat Patterson

IPB Image

Time Slot: Late Evening

Date: July 5, 1997

Attendance: 7,002

Ticket Sales: $280,080

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Nasty Mike Vs. Super Calo

Calo was brought in to do the job here. I wonder if he'll work a few more matches in the WWF. The crowd was dead for this match. The announcers could have cared less about it and spent most of the match joking around. Nasty Mike spent most of the match in control, With Calo occasionally busting out some nice looking maneuvers on the nasty one. Mike picked up the tough win with the nasty DDT. Afterwards, Mike stood over Calo and did his nasty dance.

58, 35, 81 *3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Brian Adams and Brian Lee Vs. Johnny Swinger and Simon Diamond with Dawn Marie

The crowd were well into this match up. Both teams were trying to prove themselves here in the tag team rank of the WWF, To perhaps get a shot at the current champions. Adams and Lee, Former two time champions, Wouldn't have any of Dawn Marie's antics and quickly scared the young lady to the back. With it being a fair fight, Diamond and Swinger surprised the former champions by actually coming close to scoring the win. In the end, Lee pinned Swinger with a big powerslam.

72, 70, 75 **

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Kama Mustafa Vs. Phineous Godwinn

Not a pretty match bad any means. Both men blew alot of moves here. Kama worked over Phineous with several types of arm bars, But that just made the crowd snore. Phineous looked lost without Hillbilly Jim, According to the announcers. Phineous made a small comeback, But in the end, Kama caught him with the Supreme Driver to give Kama the win over the former tag team champion. The announcers acted like this win was a huge deal for Kama.

66, 67, 66 *

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Luigi Alfredo Rufino Vs. Henry Godwinn

This one was as bad as it gets. The announcers hyped up Rufino's "amazing" winning streak and claimed he has beaten some of the top wrestlers of the WWF. Of course, If you count the now fired Arnold Jelly and other lower card wrestlers the top wrestler of the WWF, Then you might agree with the announcers. Henry Godwinn controlled most of the match with a few power moves, But nothing he did could put away the mob boss. The announcers again mentioned that The Godwinns could be having problems without Hillbilly Jim in their corner. In the end, Rufino countered Henry's Slop Drop attempt into the Trip To New Jersey for the victory.

58, 61, 54 DUD

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sho Funaki Vs. Devon Storm

Another solid Light Heavyweight contest. Both Storm and Funaki brought on the goods, But the crowd didn't really react to the match. Sho Funaki and Devon Storm fought a solid back and fourth contest with Storm using his high risk arsenal to try to put away the more mat based Funaki. Storm came off the top rope with a beautiful moonsault to Funaki, But somehow, Funaki kicked out. The match ended about a minute later after Funaki took down Storm with a backslide, And with his feet all over the ropes, Funaki got the three count. After the match ended, Storm drop kicked Funaki out of the ring and dove over the top rope onto Funaki on the outside.

62, 47, 78 *3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

51 days until the newest Light Heavyweight sensation comes to the World Wrestling Federation!

WWF Slam Of The Week- Trapped in the ankle lock, Sid has no choice but to tap out. (Friday Night Mayhem 7/4/97)

Bret Hart and British Bulldog Vs. Born In The USA

Hot crowd for this main event match up. Born In The USA got their chance to shine against two big names of the WWF. Bart Gunn and The Patriot started off red hot, Jumping Bulldog and Hart from the get go. The crowd was chanting "USA" as Gunn and The Patriot brawled with Hart and Bulldog on the outside. But thanks to some under handed tactics, Bulldog and Hart took control of the match. Bret Hart worked over The Patriot's legs while Bulldog used his raw brute power to try to put away The Patriot. The Patriot was able to make the hot tag to Bart Gunn, Who cleaned house. With The Patriot and Bulldog battling on the outside, Gunn ran over Hart with a clothesline. Gunn then went for the forearm shot, But Hart ducked, Causing Gunn to hit the corner. Bret Hart rolled up Gunn with a hand full of tights for the victory! Hart and Bulldog posed on the stage while Gunn and The Patriot protested with the referee. RAW Saturday Night goes off the air with Hart and Bulldog standing tall.

75, 76, 76 **1/4

Overall Rating- 56

TV Rating- 3.00

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 1.96

Attendance- 6,024

Ticket Sales- $240,960

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.94

Attendance- 2,505

Ticket Sales- $75,150

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.93

Attendance- 6,501

Ticket Sales- $260,040

Notes

"I'd like to work with Ken Shamrock if possible." -Steve Austin

"Our ratings battle with Hardcore TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them. The fans see us as being the more professional promotion, thanks to our higher production values." -Sophie

IPB Image

Date: July 7, 1997

Monday Night Raw comes to you live from San Antonio, Texas. And we are just six days away from the big In Your House event. We know that at In Your House "Canadian Uprisal", We'll see a huge ten men elimination tag team match up. And two men involved in Sunday's match will be involved in tonight's huge Monday Night Raw main event. We'll see British Bulldog face San Antonio's own "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels in tonight's main event. This main event will be one of the biggest main events ever on Monday Night Raw. And which man will come out with the win as the winner? Will Shawn Michaels walk away with the win in front of his hometown crowd? Or will Davey Boy Smith upset the fans in attendance by scoring the win? Will both these men's partners get involved in this battle? We will also hear from both teams before this huge main event takes place. What will both teams have to say? You do not want to miss British Bulldog and Shawn Michaels in tonight's huge Monday Night Raw main event!

The second main event of the night will be a huge six men tag team match up. We'll see D'Lo Brown, Ken Shamrock and the WWF Champion, The greatest WWF Champion of all time, The Undertaker team up to face Jacobs, Rick Martel and Rocky Maivia. We saw Martel reveal Jacobs as his insurance policy for Sunday's huge main event between himself and The Undertaker. We also saw Ken Shamrock lay out D'Lo Brown with a big belly to belly suplex. How will Shamrock and Brown work together? Will we once again see Jacobs lay out The Undertaker? How will this match affect Sunday's huge PPV event? This is another match you cannot miss on the road to Canadian Uprisal.

The WWF Light Heavyweight Championship will also be on the line. We'll see Chavo Guerrero defend the title against Lash LeRoux in what should be a solid contest. Will Guerrero retain the title or will we see a new champion be crowned? Either way, The winner will defend the title against Hakushi this Sunday night at In Your House "Canadian Uprisal". Last week, The Suicide Blonds upset Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit in a special non title match. Due to their win, They were crowned the number one contenders for the WWF Tag Team Championship. They will challenge Pillman and Benoit this Sunday night, But before they make it to In Your House "Canadian Uprisal", They must face former two time champions, Brian Adams and Brian Lee. How will the young rookies fare against one of the greatest tag teams of all time?

Both "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty and Hollywood Holly will challenge Al Snow for the WWF Intercontinental Championship this Sunday night in the triple threat match. But tonight, They will go one on one. And last time these two men faced, Hollywood Holly defeated Jannetty. Will it happen again tonight? Or will Jannetty reign supreme on the road to In Your House? Will we see Hollywood's manager, Chris Kanyon get involved? Will Al Snow get involved after Jannetty "accidentally" hit him last week? This is a match that you do not want to miss.

We'll also be hearing from John Bradshaw tonight. What will he say after getting beat down by Alex Wright last Friday night? We also understand that Alex Wright is not going to be in San Antonio tonight. Mark Henry will also be in San Antonio tonight, And word has it, That the big man will have something to say regarding his lumberjack match with Sycho Sid at In Your House. Sycho Sid will also be in San Antonio. Will things explode between both men tonight?

Catch this and much more tonight on Monday Night Raw on the USA Network!