Semi's

Waltman

D'lo

HHH

Mero

Finals

HHH

D'lo

Love the diary. Great work. I love how this isn't a complete copy of WWF in'97. I also read '96 which was awesome as well. Here are my predictions:

Round 1

Kama Mustafa

Sean Waltman

Mark Henry

Duke Droese

Yokozuna

D'Lo Brown

Alex Wright

Ken Shamrock

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Goldust

Hollywood Holly

Chavo Guerrero

Jerry Lawler

Marty Jannetty

Marc Mero

Al Snow

Round 2

Sean Waltman

Mark Henry

D'Lo Brown

Ken Shamrock

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Chavo Guerrero

Marty Jannetty

Marc Mero

Round 3

Ken Shamrock

Sean Waltman

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Marc Mero

Finals

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Sean Waltman

King Of The Ring Tournament Brackets

Qualifying Rounds

Kama Mustafa

Sean Waltman

Mark Henry

Duke Droese

Yokozuna

D'Lo Brown

Alex Wright

Ken Shamrock

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Goldust

Hollywood Holly

Chavo Guerrero

Jerry Lawler

Marty Jannetty

Marc Mero

Al Snow

Round 2

Sean Waltman

Duke Droese

Ken Shamrock

Yokozuna

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Chavo Guerrero

Marc Mero

Marty Jannety

Semi-Finals

Ken Shamrock

Sean Waltman

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Marty Jannety

Final

Ken Shamrock

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

To anyone who still wants to predict for the KOTR tournament, Do it before I post Raw. After I post the show, You can't predict. Also, If you want to edit your predictions, Go ahead. But after Monday Night Raw is posted, Don't post or edit your predictions. MNR should be up tomorrow or early Monday. Also, If you need to ask a question that doesn't relate to the diary, Just pm me so the mods don't warn you for postwhoring. (Y)

IPB Image

Credit Kempay for the logo

Date: May 26, 1997

Monday Night Raw comes to you live from Atlanta, Georgia tonight. And we're going to have a huge night ahead of us. First, One of the greatest WWF Superstars of all time, Shawn Michaels makes his return to the WWF. Shawn Michaels was last seen eight days ago at In Your House "Unfinished Business" when he faced Cactus Jack in the first ever Hell In The Cell match. Due to the violent nature of the match, Cactus Jack has been injured while Michaels has been at home recovering from his injuries. Last week, Bret "The Hitman" Hart laid down the challenge for the King Of The Ring to Shawn Michaels. And we know that both men will be here tonight. What is Shawn Michaels going to say? Will he accept Bret Hart's challenge? You do not want to miss what happens when the former WWF Champion makes his return to WWF television tonight.

Tonight, We're going to see a huge main event. The biggest main event in the history of Monday Night Raw. It will be a huge ten men tag team match up. No doubt the biggest main event in Monday Night Raw history. We'll see Ken Shamrock, Rick Martel, Scott Hall, Vader and The Undertaker team up and join forces to battle Kevin Nash, British Bulldog, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Alex Wright and Sycho Sid! What a huge ten men tag team main event this is going to be. However, There are some unanswered questions as we head into this match. Why would the Commissioner put Martel and Shamrock alongside Hall, Vader and Undertaker? Why isn't D'Lo Brown in this match since the Commissioner wants to take out D'Lo along with the other three men? We know Sean Waltman won't be in this match due to him already having a match tonight. What about the other team? How will Helmsley and Wright work together after Helmsley's good friend, Goldust beat down Wright on Friday Night Mayhem and stood up for the USA? How will Sycho Sid and Kevin Nash work together after Sycho Sid eliminated Nash from the WWF Championship match at In Your House? This match has chaos written all over it. It should be a explosive match, The biggest main event in Monday Night Raw history. And which side will win? Will the Commissioner see three of his biggest problems all go down in one foul swoop?

We'll also see another huge main event. Al Snow defends his WWF Intercontinental Championship against Steve Austin in a steel cage match. We know the history between these two men. And after Austin snapped on Friday night and nailed Jim Ross with right hands, Is Al Snow's title going to be leaving his waist and going back to the psychotic Austin? Who will win the cage match? This is the match that's going to end the classic feud between the two former best friends. And which man will leave as the WWF Intercontinental Champion?

Matches For Monday Night Raw

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Cage Match

Al Snow© Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Al Snow and Steve Austin look to end their feud tonight inside a fifteen foot high steel cage. And who will leave Atlanta with the WWF Intercontinental Championship? Will Steve Austin be able to get his hands back on the title? Or will Al Snow end this feud by defeating the man who stabbed him in the back?

1997 King Of The Ring Tournament

Qualifying Round

Sean Waltman Vs. Kama Mustafa

This is the first match of the '97 King Of The Ring tournament. The man who wins this match will go to the Quarter Finals. And Rick Rude and William Regal have put quite the roadblock in front of Sean Waltman. Kama Mustafa stands in the way of the youngster. Can Sean Waltman pull off the upset against the supreme fighting machine? Or will Rick Rude's dreams come true when Kama puts Sean Waltman out?

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

The Godwinns Vs. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman©

The Godwinns have been one of the hottest tag teams in wrestling over the past few weeks. And after winning their match on Friday Night Mayhem, The Godwinns are now the number one contenders for the WWF Tag Team Championship. Can The Godwinns win the title tonight? Or will Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman continue to dominate the tag team division? Which tag team will leave with the titles?

Qualifying Round

Duke Droese Vs. Mark Henry

Another '97 King Of The Ring tournament qualifying round match. It seems like Mark Henry has started some problems with The Money Mine after this past Friday night. And tonight he takes on the founder of The Money Mine, Duke Droese. Can Mark Henry get past Duke Droese on the way to the King Of The Ring? Or will the member of The Money Mine score the upset over the world's strongest man?

Ken Shamrock, Rick Martel, Scott Hall, Vader and The Undertaker Vs. Kevin Nash, British Bulldog, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Alex Wright and Sycho Sid

This ten men tag team match up will no doubt be the biggest main event in the history of Monday Night Raw. And the big question is, Which tag team will come out of this match the winners? Will Rick Rude be able to take out Undertaker, Vader and Hall tonight? How will the arrogant Rick Martel be able to work with his partners? How will Helmsley and Wright co exist? What about Sid and Nash? You do not want to miss this amazing main event.

Edited by Baby Hewey

King Of The Ring Tournament Brackets

Qualifying Rounds

Kama Mustafa

Sean Waltman

Mark Henry

Duke Droese

Yokozuna

D'Lo Brown

Alex Wright

Ken Shamrock

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Goldust

Hollywood Holly

Chavo Guerrero

Jerry Lawler

Marty Jannetty

Marc Mero

Al Snow

2nd

Sean Waltman

Duke Droese

Yokozuna

Alex Wright

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Hollywood Holly

Marty Jannetty

Al Snow

3rd Round

Sean Waltman

Alex Wright

Hollywood Holly

Al Snow

Finals

Sean Waltman

Hollywood Holly

Guest Crossface

Kama Mustafa

Sean Waltman

Mark Henry

Duke Droese

Yokozuna

D'Lo Brown

Alex Wright

Ken Shamrock

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Goldust

Hollywood Holly

Chavo Guerrero

Jerry Lawler

Marty Jannetty

Marc Mero

Al Snow

Second Round:

Al Snow VS Jerry Lawler

Chavo Guerrero VS D'Lo Brown

Duke Derose VS Sean Waltman

HHH VS Alex Wright

Semi Finals:

Al Snow VS HHH

D'Lo Brown VS Sean Waltman

Final:

HHH VS Sean Waltman

Kama Mustafa

Sean Waltman

Mark Henry

Duke Droese

Yokozuna

D'Lo Brown

Alex Wright

Ken Shamrock

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Goldust

Hollywood Holly

Chavo Guerrero

Jerry Lawler

Marty Jannetty

Marc Mero

Al Snow

Second Round:

Sean Waltman

Mark Henry

D'Lo Brown

Ken Shamrock

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Chavo Guerrero

Jerry Lawler

Al Snow

Semi Finals:

Sean Waltman

Ken Shamrock

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Al Snow

Final:

Sean Waltman

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Edited by AntPaulseno

IPB Image

Channel: USA Network

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: May 26, 1997

Attendance: 8,023

Ticket Sales: $320,920

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Vince McMahon

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Monday Night Raw comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Dok Hendrix and Vince McMahon are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Cage Match

Al Snow© Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

The cage was already down as soon as we were done with the announcers. I'm sure the WWF is hoping for big ratings here to them putting this match out first. Good tactic to steal away some of WCW's viewers as Nitro starts. McMahon must have talked about the WWF invading Atlanta about fifteen times during the wrestlers entrances. There were some pro WCW signs, Even a guy dressed up as Sting was at ringside. But the announcers ignored. Hot, Hot, Hot crowd here for this match up. The rules were pin falls, submissions and escaping the cage all allowed. Austin came down to the ring first to huge heat from the crowd. Snow came down to a huge ovation from the fans, But couldn't enter the ring as Austin shut the door and wouldn't let Snow in. Snow then fooled Austin by going out under the ring. A confused Austin looked around, But didn't see Snow crawl out from under the ring and start climbing the cage! When Austin turned around, Snow leaped off the top of the cage with a cross body to Austin! The match officially started right then and there with Snow dishing out a beating on Austin. Austin even bled after Snow sent him face first into the cage. McMahon made a comment about how in the WWF the cameras wouldn't pull away when someone would get busted open. Snow had the advantage early on, But when he came charging at Austin, Austin countered with a stun gun type move, Sending Snow into the cage. Austin beat down Snow with right hands and stomps in the corner. But didn't try to escape the cage. Austin rammed Snow's face into the unforgiving cage several times and came close to putting away Snow. Austin finally tried escaping the cage about ten minutes into the match, And as he started to climb, Snow got up and started going after Austin. Snow then grabbed Austin by the waist and delivered a huge release German suplex off the side of the cage to Austin! It took a few seconds for both men to recover, But they started going right back at it. Both men looked like the win was going to be theirs quite a few times. Austin planted Snow with a kick to the gut and went for the Stone Cold Stunner, But Snow shoved Austin into the cage! Snow then caught Austin with a nasty super kick and followed up by delivering the Snow Plow to Austin! Instead of going for the cover, Snow started to climb the cage. Snow made it to the very top of the cage and looked down at Austin. Snow jumped off the top of the cage with a huge leg drop to Austin! The crowd and the announcers were going crazy as both Snow and Austin were laid out. Finally, After a few seconds, Snow reached his arm over Austin's chest. Referee Mike Chioda made the one, two, three to end this feud!

Al Snow's music hit the arena to a huge ovation from the fans. Snow slowly got up to his feet and was handed the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Referee Mike Chioda helped Snow out of the ring while other referees came in to check on Austin. Snow posed on top of the stage with his WWF Intercontinental Championship while McMahon yelled that Al Snow has finally ended the feud with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

97, 98, 95 ****3/4

Steve Austin gained overness from this feud ending.

The WWF Intercontinental title has gained in image.

Still Friends?

We cut to the locker room area where we see Hunter Hearst Helmsley getting ready for his big match tonight. Helmsley is just putting on his knee pads when the door opens up. Helmsley doesn't look too pleased as Goldust comes into the locker room.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- What do you want Goldust?

Goldust- Hunter, Buddy, You haven't been returning my calls. Is something wrong with the phones? Cause, If they're messed up, I...........

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Nothing is wrong with the phones. You know why I haven't been answering your phone calls.

Goldust- Oh, That. Come on Hunter. I told you I'm sorry about Shamrock. It was a accident.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- What about D'Lo? I got pinned by D'Lo too! I'm a former Intercontinental Champion! King Of The Ring winner, And I lose two matches in a row!

Goldust- I'm sorry Hunter. But you got the big main event tonight. And I promise to be by your side. I wish I could be apart of the match, But the Commissioner doesn't want me hanging around with Alex Wright after what happened on Friday night.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Yeah, That's another thing. My teammates are all upset with me for hanging around you. You and Wright fix your troubles and leave me out of it. I gotta team up with him tonight and he's been giving me looks.

Goldust- Did he try to hurt you? Because if that son of a b**** lays a hand on my Hunter, I swear I.........

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- No! He didn't lay a hand on me. I'm just saying. You know, I think it would be better if we gave each other some space right now. You know? I mean, I don't need a tag team partner right now. And we got our King Of The Ring tournament match next week. And I would really want to be a two time winner.

Goldust- Don't worry about that Hunter. Next week, (pointing at Helmsley) I got a feeling one of us will qualify for the tournament my friend.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Right. That's good to know. It's good to know you'll be taking one for the team.

Goldust- Of course. And also, I feel bad for costing you those two matches. They were big mistakes on my part. But I think I can make it up to you Hunter. I think I can make it up to you big time.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Yeah? How? And don't give me another one of Marlena's movies. I don't need to be seeing that stuff.

Goldust- I'll keep that mind. But this is huge Hunter. How would you like to be the WWF Champion?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Are you kidding me? What do you got lined up?

Goldust- Well, I do have a shot at the WWF Championship this Friday night. The match was just signed for Friday Night Mayhem. Me and The Undertaker one on one for the WWF Championship. But, I talked to William Regal. And it seems like he likes you. And I might have convinced him into changing this Friday night's line up to The Undertaker defending the WWF Championship against oh, Hmmm....... Could it be........... Hunter Hearst Helmsley?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Really? Me and Undertaker for the title this Friday night? No kidding? You'll give me your title shot?

Goldust- Yeah! You've beaten him before! Only this time it'll be for the title! And it'll be thanks to me!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Thanks Goldust. Wow! You've really outdone yourself! I mean, A shot at the WWF Championship? Thanks, Hey, How about we hang out this weekend or something?

Goldust- Sure, If you want to.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Yeah sure. You know, I was never going to end the team. I just wanted to get some space. But you're a smart man. I think we'll make some good friends. Thanks again Goldust. I gotta go talk to my teammates, But I'll catch you later.

Helmsley pats Goldust over the back and exits the locker room with a big grin on his face. Goldust takes a seat on the locker room bench.

Goldust- That Hunter, What a great guy! I need more rich friends like him. They're always so appreciative of things!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Former Partners Collide!

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with British Bulldog coming down to the ring to boos from the crowd. Bulldog enters the ring and grabs the microphone from Finkel. Bulldog is hyped up as being in tonight's main event by the announcers as he prepares to speak.

British Bulldog- I'm out here, Not to talk about tonight's ten men tag team match up, No, I'm out here to talk about you, Vader. (big pop for Vader's name) Vader, You had the nerve to turn your back on me. (another big pop from the crowd) You would be nothing without me and you know it. The only reason you were ever someone was due to James E. Cornette bringing you into Camp Cornette thanks to me and Owen and you know it. And what do you do? Like a ungrateful piece of trash, You betray me. You and I were sent out to destroy Hall and Waltman, But instead, You made us look bad in front of the Commissioner. And then when I try to reason with you, You choose to listen to the people. (another big pop from the crowd) But that's all right Vader. I don't care that you turned your back on me. You were worthless and will always be worthless. And, The Commissioner has given me my first task. As a member of the Rude Administration, I have been signed to meet you at the King Of The Ring on June 22nd. And I have promised Commissioner Rude that I will take care of you at the King Of The Ring. And I will make you pay for double crossing me and making a joke out of the Commissioner. You will pay a huge, huge price when we step inside the ring. You think you can make the Commissioner look bad? You think you can make me look bad and get away with it? You...............

It's time, It's time, It's Vader time hits the arena to a big ovation from the crowd. Bulldog looks like he didn't expect anything to go down tonight, But that's not the case as the man they call Vader comes walking down the entrance way, Looking ready for a fight. Before Bulldog knows what's going on, Vader charges into the ring and runs right over Bulldog with a clothesline! The crowd are going crazy as Vader lifts Bulldog up to his feet and easily manhandles Bulldog, Chucking Bulldog into the corner! Vader charges at Bulldog and avalanches Bulldog! Vader then starts unloading on Bulldog with right hands! The crowd cheers turns into boos as security comes rushing down to the ring. They pull Vader off of Bulldog and get in between him! Bulldog quickly leaves the ring and starts walking up the entrance way to boos from the Atlanta crowd. McMahon asks why security would come to help Davey Boy Smith as we go to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Qualifying Round

Sean Waltman Vs. Kama Mustafa

The winner of this match will go to the quarter finals on June 9th to face either Duke Droese or Mark Henry. The match wasn't anything bad or too special between the former members of The Corporation, But due to the hot segments before it, Especially the Snow/Austin match, The crowd seemed out of it. Though, Waltman did get a good pop from the crowd when he hit some of his trademark maneuvers. McMahon and Hendrix played up the fact of the winner of this one ending up facing either Henry or Droese, Which McMahon wondering if the smaller Waltman could match up to Henry. Sean Waltman busted his ass off here. He bumped around for Kama, Getting tossed around in and out of the ring. Waltman took a nasty bump on the outside when Kama caught him jumping off the apron and powerslammed him out on the floor. Kama destroyed Waltman in the ring, Nailing him with stiff kicks and right hands, To get the street fighter gimmick across. Though, When Kama went for his rest holds, The crowd just got out of it even more. Waltman made the comeback after Kama missed a Vader Bomb type move off the ropes. Waltman drilled Kama with his patent kicks in the corner and even did a bronco buster to Kama. A hot near fall happened when Waltman came off the top with a moonsault to the standing Kama, Getting a very close two count. Sean Waltman went up top and as Kama was standing up, Waltman went for the Six Kick, But Kama caught him in midair and spiked him down to the canvas! Kama lifted Waltman up to his feet and delivered a devastating belly to belly suplex to Waltman. Kama lifted Waltman up and went for the Supreme Driver, But Waltman countered into a pinning predicament and got the three count!

After the match ended, Waltman had no chance to celebrate as Kama clotheslined him from behind! Kama lifted Waltman up and delivered a devastating Supreme Driver to Waltman! Kama wasn't done though. He lifted Waltman back up and delivered a second Supreme Driver to Waltman! Kama, Again, Wasn't done. He lifted Waltman up and tossed Waltman out to the floor, Over the top rope! Kama slid out to the floor and lifted Waltman up. Kama grabbed Waltman and sent Waltman into the steel steps! Kama grabbed the top part of the steel steps and as Waltman stood up, Rammed them into Waltman's head! The crowd booed as Kama stood above Sean Waltman, Celebrating his beat down. Waltman goes to the Quarter Finals, But will he be able to wrestle in the tournament after this beat down? Commissioner Rick Rude and William Regal were shown watching from the back, Smiling. McMahon said if Waltman couldn't continue in the tournament, Then it would be up to Rude and Regal to find someone to take Waltman's place.

68, 62, 74 *3/4

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Still Got The Ego

We cut to the backstage interview area where Marissa Mazzola is standing by with Rick Martel.

Marissa Mazzola- Vince, Dok, I am standing by with Rick Martel. And Rick Martel, What is going on with you?

Rick Martel- What do you mean?

Marissa Mazzola- Well, You lost to Bret "The Hitman" Hart at In Your House "Unfinished Business". Then, Last Monday night during the six men match, You acted normal. No posing, No taunting, No nothing. But this past Friday night, You beat Yokozuna with your feet all over the ropes. Then, You ran around acting like you just won the WWF Championship. First, You act like you were brought back into reality, Then, It's the cocky Rick Martel once again. What is going on with you?

Rick Martel- What's going on with me? First of all, Okay, So Bret did beat me. But how close did I come to beating him? I came so close to beating the precious Hitman. He capitalized on one small mistake on my part. That's all it was. Bret Hart beat me because I made a mistake. But we all make mistakes. When Bret lost to Shawn Michaels, In his mind it was a mistake. Bret Hart beating me was a lucky night for him. I respect the hell out of him, But he got lucky. If I were to get in the ring with Bret again, I'd beat him silly. I'd make him tap out to the Quebec Crab, And that's a promise! And as far as fat baby Yokozuna is concerned with, A win is a win. That's all that matters. Don't get yourself down on it. Go have yourself some chocolate, Pop in one of your peoples Godzilla movies and be grateful that you stepped into the ring with excellence in the shape of Rick Martel. As for my modesty, Hey, Who said I had a giant ego? I'm Rick Martel. I got the talent to back it up. If I face someone decent, I'll show them some respect. If it's some punk, Then, I can do whatever I want. Besides, The fans love me anyway! It's called having a personality, I suggest you get one and fast.

Marissa Mazzola- Tonight you're set to join forces with four other men to face Kevin Nash, Alex Wright, Sycho Sid, British Bulldog and Hunter Hearst Helmsley in the main event. And I'm sure some of your teammates might not like your attitude heading into this match. What will you do about it?

Rick Martel- My teammates? Since when does Rick Martel worry about his partners? Marissa, I'm Rick Martel damn it. And don't you forget that I'm a legend. As far as my teammates are concerned, Undertaker, Hall, Shamrock, Vader, You guys shouldn't worry so much about me. I'm cocky, I got the ego, But the people love me! I'll take on all five of our opponents if I have to! Lets go out there and have a good time. I'll make each and everyone of you look good! And as far as my opponents go. Nash, I got more talent in my pinky than you have ever had big man! You think you being seven feet tall is going to help you? I'll slap you across the face to prove my point! Then, I'll rip out all your hair and make you cry! Alex Wright? You're a German, And we all know German men are cowards! You might got that beast in your corner, But I'm not afraid to hit it either. You might be the European Champion, But I don't think anyone in Europe loves you. And the fact is, You should be in Atlanta's sideshow wrestling promotion doing some dancing! (Martel does a few of Wright's dance moves from when he was in WCW) Sid, You're a member of The Money Mine, A second rate joke of a group. You might be psycho, But you got no talent. And quite frankly, You just suck! You think the voices will help you? The only thing you'll be hearing is your screams when I lock you in the Quebec Crab. Bulldog, You already got some of Vader earlier. But if you step into the ring with me, I'll make Vader's beating look like a child's beating. I'll smack the doggy dumplings right out of you. And Hunter? We've faced alot of times, I've beaten you like over a thousand times! You're not even gonna make it to Friday Night Mayhem if I have my way with you! Marissa, I'm going to dominate this ten men tag team match. And after it's all said and over with, I will celebrate with my fans in Atlanta!

Marissa Mazzola- Thank you for the interview. And good luck tonight.

Rick Martel- I don't need luck, I'm just too damn good not to win! I'll lead my team to victory tonight and that's a guarantee.

Marissa Mazzola- Fans, Will Rick Martel's team win? It's tonight's main event. But stay tuned, We got a huge tag team match coming up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

The Godwinns Vs. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman©

The Atlanta crowd gave Benoit and Pillman some big heat due to them leaving WCW almost one year ago. The Godwinns actually got a good reaction, Which of course, McMahon claimed it was the biggest of the night. The fact that Benoit and Pillman carried The Godwinns to a almost *** contest says alot about the talent of both men. The Godwinns started out running right over the champions. Henry and Phineous knocked down the champions and tossed them out to the floor. They brawled out on the floor with The Godwinns still getting the better out of the champions. They brawled all around the ringside area with Henry tossing Pillman down across the steel guardrail while Phineous send Benoit into the steel steps. The champions were able to get the advantage after Pillman rammed Henry into the ring post face first while Benoit suplexed Phineous out on the floor. The champions isolated Phineous and gave him a beating. They double teamed Phineous for quite awhile with Henry getting the crowd behind Phineous. Benoit and Pillman came very close to putting away Phineous, But the big man kept kicking out of everything they dished out on him. Phineous made the hot tag to Henry after he caught Benoit with a big powerslam. Benoit tagged in Pillman, But Henry charged into the ring like a mad man and ran over Pillman. The Godwinns started dishing out on the champions, Delivering a double back drop to Benoit and a double flapjack to Pillman, Dropping him across the ropes. Phineous clotheslined Benoit and went out to the floor after him where both men got into a brawl. Inside the ring, Henry went for the Slop Drop on Pillman, But Pillman hung onto the ropes, Causing Henry to fall backwards onto the canvas. Pillman then started heading up top, But something distracted him! It was Hillbilly Jim! The crowd cheered as Hillbilly Jim showed up at the ringside area. Pillman was so distracted that he didn't see Phineous sneak up behind him and shove him off the top turnbuckle! Benoit tried to attack Phineous, But Phineous clotheslined Benoit down! Henry then delivered the Slop Drop to Pillman as Pillman stood up! Henry covered Pillman and got the one, two, three to crown new champions!

McMahon was going nuts as the titles were awarded to The Godwinns to a good pop from the crowd. Benoit helped Pillman to the back while Hillbilly Jim entered the ring and hugged The Godwinns. All three square danced for awhile with McMahon still going nuts, Hyping this as one of the best moments in Monday Night Raw history. "We got new World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions, And they are The Godwinns!" says McMahon.

78, 75, 81 **3/4

Hillbilly Jim debuted his new gimmick, (hillbilly) it got a positive response.

Phineous Godwinn gained overness from this match.

Henry Godwinn gained overness from this match.

The WWF Tag Team title has lost image.

Billy Gunn, Still Teaching Us

We then cut to another Billy Gunn video. We see Billy Gunn inside of a classroom with students sitting in their chairs. Billy Gunn is holding a book but puts it down. He goes over to the desks and checks as the kids do their work. He gives his approval to a few kids before he looks at the camera.

Billy Gunn- Math, It's something any smart person can do without even thinking about it. But we're not here to talk about math, Are we? It seems like no one believes in me. Last week, Vince McMahon called me an act. He doesn't think I'm smart. He thinks I'm a con man. Well, The WWF already has a con man, But that's neither here or there. Why would I be a con man? I'm passionate about education. The other guy who ran around here acted like a teacher, But I'm for real. I'm all about teaching and making sure these kids get a bright future. Billy Gunn is all about helping. Vince McMahon, Do you think you're a genius? I'm sure you do. With your little witty comments about me. But are you? No, You're a buffoon with a cheap wig. I'd much rather listen to Dok Hendrix. Learning is the temple of all knowledge, And Mr. McMahon, I'm going to teach you and every other WWF superstar that. These kids are kids whom I'm helping out. See, Unlike the other WWF superstars, I take time to actually help someone out. And Mr. McMahon, If you want proof of how smart I am, I'll show you it next week. Until then, Parents, Teach your children the importance of a good education. And remember, Anyone of these bright minds inside this classroom could be a future president of the United States. Well, Except the girls. (chuckles) I assure you, I am for real. And my message will be sent loud and clear.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Qualifying Round

Duke Droese with Dawn Marie Vs. Mark Henry

The winner of this match will face Sean Waltman in the Quarter Finals on June 9th. We were shown footage of the Mark Henry/Sycho Sid match from Friday Night Mayhem, With McMahon putting over Henry's performance big time. Monty Davidson was the referee here, And it was Davidson that Henry tossed over the top rope this past Friday night after his match. Bad match up here. Mark Henry didn't sell a damn thing. Duke Droese jumped the big man from behind, But his advantage didn't last long. Henry mauled Droese in the corner and tossed Droese around the ring a few times. Henry ran down Droese with several clotheslines and delivered a huge vertical suplex to Droese. Henry even press slammed Droese, But didn't go for the cover. Mark Henry lifted Duke Droese up and send Droese to the corner. Henry charged at Droese and avalanched Droese! Henry started punching away at Droese, But referee Monty Davidson tried to pull Henry off of Droese, Henry stopped beating on Droese and got face to face with Monty Davidson. Davidson was yelling at Henry, Cursing at him, But Henry held back on pouncing the referee, Knowing what was on the line. But then, Duke Droese ran up behind Henry with a knee to the back, Sending Henry into Davidson! Davidson wasn't even knocked down, But called for the bell! Davidson awarded the match to Droese by disqualification due to Henry attacking him!

The fans didn't like this one bit as Droese headed to the back with Dawn Marie. Duke Droese will meet Sean Waltman on June 9th. After the match ended, Davidson was all cocky and started to laugh at Henry! Henry responded by nailing Davidson with a right hand! The crowd popped big as Henry tossed Monty Davidson into the corner and avalanched the referee! Henry then delivered the world's strongest slam to the referee! Henry stood over Davidson and posed, Even though he's eliminated from the tournament.

69, 75, 56 1\2*

Duke Droese gained overness from this match.

Mark Henry didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Backstabbing Bastard

We return from the commercial break with D'Lo Brown coming down to the ring to a big pop from the crowd. The young D'Lo poses on the turnbuckles for a bit before being handed a microphone.

D'Lo Brown- I came to Atlanta to continue my amazing success, And I expected to be wrestling tonight, But they say I got the night off. They book the main event, And where's D'Lo Brown? I get beat down by the Commissioner and his cronies and I don't get a match against his boys? Something ain't right here! I want my chance to get some payback on Rick Rude and all his little friends. I should be in tonight's main event. I ain't getting no damn respect around here. And I should. I.........

The crowd cheers as Yokozuna's music plays. Yokozuna comes walking down to the ring while D'Lo Brown looks on, Looking a bit confused.

D'Lo Brown- Hey, Yokozuna, I respect you man. But this is my interview time. I don't need you out here messing things up. Know what I mean?

Yokozuna- I'm not here to fight you D'Lo. I'm also here to talk about Commissioner Rick Rude and the unjust way he runs the WWF. Rick Rude is a corrupt man who doesn't give anyone except his boys any respect. You saw what happened to me on Friday night? What did the Commissioner do about it? Nothing! We need to form an alliance to get rid of the Commissioner. (big pop from the crowd)

D'Lo Brown- An alliance? Well, There are plenty of boys in the back who don't like the Commissioner. And I'm sure we could run him out of the WWF. (big pop from the crowd)

Yokozuna- Exactly. Rick Rude is not going to give us a break. We'll have to gather everyone to make sure he...............

Yokozuna is interrupted by the music of Commissioner Rick Rude. The crowd boos as Rick Rude and William Regal make their way up to the steel stage. They both stand there, With Rude holding a microphone. D'Lo and Yokozuna stare them down, With Yokozuna standing behind D'Lo.

Rick Rude- Look at this. Two losers trying to get my attention. (the crowd boos) Maybe you two should wrestle for the joke of a federation that runs right here in Atlanta. (huge heat from the crowd) Yokozuna, You stood up against me this Friday night. And what did you get a loss. But I admit, I was impressed. You showed fire in your eyes. The fire you had when you were the WWF Champion. You are a former WWF Champion. You held the gold twice. And now, You're nothing. This guy, (pointing at D'Lo) gets more attention than you. And I don't think that's fair. You've been here for years. You've earned the respect out of everyone in the back. But D'Lo? What has he done? He's a nothing. A nobody. A fool. And stick with him, And you will fall. Do you want your career to end thanks to piece of trash? And Mr. Brown, Congratulations on finally getting my attention. See, I decided that before you even become a problem, I'd work on a way to get you out of my way for good.

With that said, Yokozuna super kicks D'Lo in the back of the head! Oh my God! Why? The crowd boos as Yokozuna stomps away on D'Lo Brown! Rude and Regal smile from the top of the stage as Yokozuna mauls D'Lo with right hands! The five hundred pounder grabs D'Lo and sends D'Lo into the corner! Yokozuna charges at D'Lo with a avalanche! Yokozuna grabs D'Lo by the waist and delivers a big time belly to belly suplex on D'Lo Brown! The fans boo as Yokozuna drags D'Lo to the corner. Yokozuna begins to climb the turnbuckle. Rude and Regal tell him to do it, And he does, Bonzai Drop right to D'Lo Brown! The crowd is not happy, Giving Yokozuna big heat. The announcers cannot believe it. Yokozuna leaves the ring as D'Lo is left laid out. Yokozuna meets Regal and Rude on top of the stage and hugs them. Monday Night Raw goes to a commercial break with Yokozuna, Regal and Rude posing while D'Lo is left laid out.

Yokozuna's turn was completed, and he is now a heel.

Yokozuna gained overness from this turn.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ken Shamrock, Rick Martel, Scott Hall, Vader and The Undertaker with Paul Bearer Vs. Kevin Nash, British Bulldog, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Alex Wright with Joanie Laurer and Sycho Sid with Dawn Marie

Hot main event here tonight. It went for about ten minutes or so. Rick Rude, William Regal and Yokozuna were shown watching from the back. Some jackass yelled "Mean Mark" at Undertaker when he was on the apron, But the deadman didn't even bother to look at the guy. That's staying in character. This one started off with all ten men brawling in the ring. The face team cleared the ring and went out after the heels on the outside. The match eventually got back into order with Hall and Sid going at it. Hall controlled Sid which allowed the face team to work over Sid. The faces had control for a brief while until the heels isolated Shamrock. They worked over Shamrock, With Wright and Shamrock giving us a brief preview of what their match on Friday Night Mayhem should be like. Wright got some big heat here, Probably the biggest he's gotten. The heels all worked over Shamrock, With Nash taunting Undertaker, Claiming he'd become the champ soon enough. After Shamrock took a extended beating, He somehow made the hot tag to The Undertaker. Undertaker and Helmsley were the legal men and all hell broke loose! All ten men got into it, With Rick Martel and Bulldog ending up as the legal men somehow. Martel and Bulldog were the only ones in the ring. Helmsley fought The Undertaker up on the stage, Where Goldust appeared and nailed Undertaker from behind with a steel chair! Ken Shamrock, Who has had issues with Goldust and Helmsley, Went after them! Wright and Laurer then went after Shamrock, To try to put Shamrock out before their match this Friday night. Scott Hall and Sid brawled into the crowd and eventually fought out of sight. Out on the floor, Vader rammed Nash into the steel steps! Bulldog went for the Running Powerslam to Martel, But Vader entered the ring and kicked Bulldog in the gut! Vader powerbombed Bulldog! Before Vader could Vader Bomb Bulldog, Nash pulled Vader out to the floor and both men got into it again! Martel quickly applied the Quebec Crab to Bulldog, Making Bulldog submit!

After the match ended, Martel jumped around and posed in the ring. What he didn't see, Was Nash sneaking up behind him and nailing him with a clothesline! Nash then went for the Jackknife, But Vader entered the ring and ran down Nash with a clothesline! Vader tossed Nash out to the floor, But turned around right into a chair shot from Bulldog! Martel gave Bulldog a low blow and grabbed the steel chair, Drilling Davey Boy Smith with a shot to the head! In the ring, Martel stood over Bulldog and Vader, Daring Nash to enter the ring. We got a shot of outside the arena, Where Scott Hall and Sycho Sid had been brawling all the way through the concession stands! And outside the arena, The Undertaker and Ken Shamrock were getting assaulted by Wright, Helmsley, Goldust and Laurer! But then, Wright shoved Goldust aside! This lead to Goldust tackling Wright! Helmsley tried to pull them apart, But Laurer nailed him with a low blow! Laurer grabbed Goldust and rammed him into the garage door! Laurer helped Wright up and both of them entered a limo and left. Helmsley and Goldust slowly got up, And there was The Undertaker and Shamrock! Looking ready for a fight! Shamrock jumped Helmsley while The Undertaker jumped Goldust! Officials showed up in the back to pull apart the four men as we went to a commercial break.

84, 87, 79 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Hollywood Holly scores the win over Adam Copeland with a high impact drop kick. (RAW Saturday Night 5/24/97)

Does Shawn Michaels Accept?

We return from our last commercial break with the winner of the first ever hell in the cell match, The one and the only "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels making his return to the WWF after a week of healing injuries, To a huge ovation from the crowd. As Michaels makes his way down to the ring, McMahon and Hendrix wonder if he'll accept Bret Hart's challenge for the King Of The Ring. After he's done posing, Michaels is handed a microphone. The crowd chant "HBK" as Michaels smiles.

Shawn Michaels- Well, After a few days of recovering, I can honestly say that I am definitely glad to be back. (big pop from the crowd) And I am definitely glad to be back right here in Atlanta! (huge pop from the fans) And with the time I been away, I must say, Things have gotten a little weird without Shawn Michaels hanging around. It might just be me, But things without Shawn Michaels in the WWF always seem to turn for the worse. We got the whole Rick Rude drama, Something I don't wanna be apart of. And then, There's the ever so loveable "Hitman" Bret Hart. (in a sarcastic tone) I'm sure everyone knows that Bret and I are close friends, But Bret, Did ya really need to lay down the challenge for the King Of The Ring when I was away? You want to know if I accept your King Of The Ring challenge? Well, First of all, Lets think as to why you laid down the challenge when I was away. Could it be because you know that if I was there last week, I would have not only accepted your challenge, But I would have left you lying flat on your back, Like I did at Wrestlemania. (mixed reaction from the crowd) I know some of you people don't like that, But lets be honest, I beat his ass at Wrestlemania and took his title. And you wanna know why? Because, Shawn Michaels is better than Bret Hart has ever been, Was, And ever will be. (mixed reaction from the crowd) I'm younger, More charismatic, And a way better talent than Bret Hart has ever been in his life! (mixed reaction from the crowd) See, Bret didn't want to wait until I was here to lay down the challenge. He wanted to look good in front of all his fans. Bret Hart thinks I'm afraid of him because I never gave him a title shot. Lets be honest, You were never good enough to get a rematch. (mixed reaction from the crowd) You blew all your chances at getting a rematch and you know it. Shawn Michaels is not afraid of Bret Hart. Bret Hart was jealous of my run at the top. Who made all the money? Who beat people left and right? I did. And he's also jealous of my amazing performance in the hell in the cell. Because, Who else but Shawn Michaels could go inside the hell in the cell with a man like Cactus Jack and survive? Hell in the cell proved to everyone what Shawn Michaels has been saying for a long, long time. I am simply the very best sports entertainer in the world today. (mixed reaction from the crowd) And what has Bret done lately? Has he been stealing the show? Getting the attention that Shawn Michaels has been getting? The fact of the matter is, Bret Hart's star is burning out. His "loyal" fans have left for the Kliq. And the few of you who are still around, Are hanging onto something that's getting more and more desperate as the time goes by. Bret Hart knows his time in the spotlight is fading. There's only room for one top guy in the WWF, And Bret, My hero, That's me. (mixed reaction from the crowd) You people talk about your Bret Hart's, Your Hulk Hogan's, Your Ric Flair's, Your Sting's, But the truth is, Shawn Michaels is better than all of them any day of the week, And that's just the way it is. (mixed reaction from the crowd) And Bret, Do you really want to step inside the ring with me one more time? Do you want me to kick you in the face and pin you one, two, three one more time? Well, You wanna know if I accept, Why don't you get your boring ass down here and let HBK give ya an answer?

Bret Hart's music hits the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd. "The Hitman" makes his way to the top of the stage in his street clothing. Hart stands on top of the entrance way as his music dies down. Michaels looks on at Hart and gets ready to talk.

Shawn Michaels- Thanks for gracing me with your presence. I really appreciate you coming down here. And Bret, You want to know if it's on for June 22nd? If Shawn Michaels is going to kick your ass once again? Well, You're damn right! (huge pop from the crowd who realize the Hart/Michaels showdown is finally going to happen) And Bret, I'm really looking forward to meeting you one more time. You think Wrestlemania was a fluke, Don't you? Well, What's going to happen when I beat you one more time at the King Of The Ring? And I know the crowd is fifty fifty here, But let me ask you "Hitman" fans something. What's going to happen at the King Of The Ring, When I'm gonna beat a man who's a legend in his own mind? Bret, The King Of The Ring will be the night where you get snapped back into reality. And realize you're not the legend you think you are. And you're not the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be. I am! (mixed reaction from the crowd) And the whole world will find out on June 22nd why Shawn Michaels is simply the greatest icon in this business. You're on Bret! And at the King Of The Ring, I promise to super kick you right into retirement.

The fans are going nuts. Bret Hart stares down Shawn Michaels as the announcers are going crazy, Hyping up the Michaels versus Hart match at the King Of The Ring. Monday Night Raw goes off the air with Michaels and Hart staring each other down as McMahon hypes up the King Of The Ring.

Overall Rating- 79

TV Rating- 7.29

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.05

Attendance- 6,520

Ticket Sales- $260,800

ECW Code Red

TV Rating- 4.54

Attendance- 2,007

Ticket Sales- $60,210

USPW Thursday Night Jam

TV Rating- 1.66

Attendance- 806

Ticket Sales- $24,180

Notes

"I think my last feud went very well, it has helped me get more over." -Al Snow

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Phineous Godwinn

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Rick Martel

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Ken Shamrock

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

IPB Image

Credit KillingsVSCena for the logo

Date: May 30, 1997

The WWF once again comes to you from Atlanta. And what a huge show we got lined up for you fans. The invasion of Atlanta continues and we got two huge main event matches tonight on Friday Night Mayhem. The first one being a match that should be a classic, It'll be the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels stepping into the ring for the first time since the Hell In The Cell match, To face one of the men who lost his tag team titles this past Monday night, Chris Benoit. Shawn Michaels made his return this past Monday night to accept Bret Hart's challenge for the King Of The Ring on June 22nd. And his opponent is a man who was trained in the Hart family dungeon, The "Canadian Crippler" Chris Benoit. Benoit and his tag team partner, Brian Pillman lost the WWF Tag Team Championship on Monday Night Raw to The Godwinns after Hillbilly Jim made his big return to the WWF. Benoit has been fuming all week and requested this match. Can Chris Benoit make his mark by defeating one of the greatest WWF Champions of all time? Or will he taste Sweet Chin Music? Will Bret "The Hitman" Hart get involved tonight after Shawn Michaels laid some nasty comments during Monday Night Raw? Which man will come out the winner in Friday Night Mayhem's biggest main event?

The other huge main event will be a WWF Championship match. It'll be the greatest WWF Champion of all time, The Undertaker defending the title against Hunter Hearst Helmsley. The match was suppose to be Goldust challenging Undertaker for the title, But Goldust actually turned down his chance at the gold and gave it to Hunter Hearst Helmsley! Helmsley had a amazing year last year, Defeating The Undertaker, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels and he also won the '96 King Of The Ring tournament and the WWF Intercontinental Championship last year. Will Helmsley be able to defeat The Undertaker and become the new WWF Champion? Or will The Undertaker be able to defeat the blue blood snob? Will Goldust get involved? Which man will come out of this match with the WWF Championship around his waist?

Matches For Friday Night Mayhem

Qualifying Round

D'Lo Brown Vs. Mr. Yokozuna

Mr. Yokozuna is now Rick Rude's bodyguard after turning on D'Lo Brown this past Monday night. And Rick Rude has sent Mr. Yokozuna out to destroy one of the men whom has been a thorn on his side. Will Mr. Yokozuna be able to pick up the win? What kind of shape is D'Lo in after receiving the Bonzai Drop on Monday Night Raw? Which one of these two men will qualify in the King Of The Ring? This is a match that you do not want to miss.

World Wrestling Federation Championship

The Undertaker© Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Hunter Hearst Helmsley is heading into Friday Night Mayhem to pick up the biggest win of his career as he takes on the greatest WWF Champion of all time, The Undertaker. Will Helmsley be able to get the win and become the new WWF Champion? Or will he fall victim to The Undertaker? Who will be the WWF Champion once the night is over with?

British Bulldog, Kevin Nash and Sycho Sid Vs. Vader, Sean Waltman and Scott Hall

Sean Waltman is less than a hundred percent after getting beat down by Kama Mustafa on Monday Night Raw. But Waltman is going to have to step into the ring with his partners to take on three of the best WWF Superstars of all time. Which team will come out of this match with the win? Will Rick Rude make good on his promise by eliminating Scott Hall, Vader and Waltman all in one night? Or will Scott Hall, Vader and Sean Waltman continue to defy the odds?

Qualifying Round

Alex Wright Vs. Ken Shamrock

This is another qualifier. Which one of these great WWF Superstars will come a step closer to becoming the '97 King Of The Ring? Can the WWF European Champion, Alex Wright be able to defeat the world's most dangerous man? Or will Ken Shamrock make the German superstar tap out to the ankle lock? This should be a great bout between two of the very best that the WWF has to offer.

Shawn Michaels Vs. Chris Benoit

The biggest main event in Friday Night Mayhem history will no doubt be a good one. Shawn Michaels returns to the ring after the tough hell in the cell match just a few weeks ago. Is Michaels ready to step back into the ring? Chris Benoit, Who alongside Brian Pillman, Lost his tag team titles to The Godwinns this Monday night, Is not a happy man and requested this match with the former WWF Champion. Benoit has also promised that Pillman will stay in the back for the match. Can Chris Benoit score the huge upset by defeating Shawn Michaels? Or will he fall to Sweet Chin Music like many men before him? This will no doubt be the biggest main event in Friday Night Mayhem history.

I'm interested as to what the main event of the King of the Ring is going to be. The Undertaker is the obvious one, but then other than that you have Sid, Diesel, Yokozuna, Helmsley, Goldust, Waltman, Hall, Shamrock, Austin and Martel all as good candidates. What I see however is Sid and Scott Hall being a match due to them brawling out of the arena at the end of Raw. Diesel has only just finished feuding with Taker whereas Yokozuna is in the mid-card part of the Rude administration.

The other two options are a 4 way involving Taker, Helmsley, Shamrock and Martel or some other mix of four workers, or possibly a 6 man tag team match.

Whatever you do I'm looking forward to finding out.

One more thing, The Godwinns? :puke:

IPB Image

Credit KillingsVSCena for the logo

Channel: UPN

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: May 30, 1997

Attendance: 8,047

Ticket Sales: $321,880

Announcers: Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Qualifying Round

D'Lo Brown Vs. Mr. Yokozuna

The winner of this match will face either Alex Wright or Ken Shamrock on June 13th in the Quarter Finals. Yokozuna came down to the ring wearing a black suit, Looking much like a FBI agent. Lawler called him Rick Rude's security. Atleast the guy is wearing a shirt. Yokozuna got some big heat from the crowd. Jim Ross had a black eye from his beat down at the hands of Steve Austin last week, Which Lawler kept badgering him about. Bad match, But the crowd was well into it. D'Lo Brown came running down to the ring and went right after Yokozuna. Brown nailed Yokozuna with right hands and delivered two drop kicks to Yokozuna, None of which knocked him off his feet. D'Lo finally took Yokozuna off his feet with a clothesline which send Yokozuna out to the floor. D'Lo then baseball slid Yokozuna into the guardrail and went out after him. D'Lo rammed Yokozuna into the steel steps out on the floor, But when he tried to slam Yokozuna on the outside, It didn't work and his back gave out. Yokozuna focused on D'Lo's back and rammed D'Lo back first into the steel ring post several times. They went back into the ring where Yokozuna controlled D'Lo and kept the youngster grounded, But D'Lo kept fighting back. D'Lo Brown came off the ropes and knocked down Yokozuna with a flying clothesline. The youngster then quickly went up top. D'Lo Brown came off the top attempting the Lo Down, But Yokozuna rolled out of the way. Both men slowly got up and Yokozuna clotheslined D'Lo out to the floor. Yokozuna went out after D'Lo and tried to send him into the steel steps, But it was countered and Yokozuna hit the steps shoulder first! D'Lo then grabbed Yokozuna and rammed him face first into the steel ring post! Yokozuna appeared to be out cold, Allowing D'Lo to roll him back into the ring. D'Lo Brown then went back up top and came off the top with the Low Down to Yokozuna! D'Lo covered and barely got the three count!

After the match ended, To the shock of the announcers, Yokozuna made it up to his feet and almost took D'Lo's head off with a super kick! The crowd booed as Yokozuna grabbed D'Lo and delivered a huge belly to belly suplex! Yokozuna then dragged D'Lo to the corner and went up to the second turnbuckle. Yokozuna came off the turnbuckle with the Bonzai Drop to D'Lo! The crowd booed as Yokozuna went back up to the second turnbuckle and came off it again with another Bonzai Drop to D'Lo! Yokozuna went for a third one, But referee Earl Hebner rolled D'Lo out to the floor, And out to safety! Yokozuna then slugged Hebner down! Yokozuna stood tall in the ring while Rude and Regal were shown watching from the back with smiles on their faces. Jim Ross mentioned that Sean Waltman got hurt on Monday Night Raw, And that D'Lo Brown has been beaten down tonight. Ross said that Waltman and D'Lo have qualified for the tournament but that they've also been injured very badly and wondered how both men would be able to make it to the Quarter Finals. Lawler pointed out that Waltman and D'Lo were on the list of the Commissioner and talked about the pain that they've suffered. Ross wondered if Scott Hall, The Undertaker and Vader would be in for the same thing.

71, 75, 64 *

Mr. Yokozuna debuted his new gimmick, (Man in black) it got a negative response.

Quitting Time

We cut to the backstage interview area where we see Kevin Kelly standing by with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. Austin has a bandage on his forehead from getting busted open this past Monday night.

Kevin Kelly- I am standing by with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. And Steve Austin, Why did you request this time?

Steve Austin- Why? It's simple. I couldn't win back my title on Monday Night Raw. I failed. It was a joke! I lost to Al Snow! I got my ass whipped all over that steel cage! It was humiliating! I can't believe I lost! And I decided that if I can't be the WWF Intercontinental Champion, If I can't hold the gold high in the air, Then, Being in the WWF is not worth it. I don't need to be humiliated. I don't need to have Al Snow taunt me by walking around with my title. It's just not worth it.

Kevin Kelly- What are you saying Stone Cold?

Steve Austin- I quit! I'm done! I don't wanna be in the WWF no more! It's as simple as that! Why should I be here? I ain't the WWF Intercontinental Champion anymore. I don't wanna be in a World Wrestling Federation where Al Snow is holding my title. And there's something I wanna say before I go. Jim Ross, I truly am sorry for last week. (Austin gets a sick look on his face) I'm sorry I didn't beat your little fat ass longer. I only punched you for a bit. That didn't even do any damage as you went right back to the announce table. I wish I had busted you open. All you got was a stupid black eye! You're lucky Al Snow ran in for the save. If he hadn't run in to save you, Your career would have ended just like that. All I did was stomp a mud hole in you and knock the wind out of you. Now, Kevin, If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go say good byes to some of the boys in the back. I'll miss this place.

Steve Austin shakes hands with Kevin Kelly and then walks off.

Kevin Kelly- Fans, What shocking news. Steve Austin has quit the WWF. What else is going to go down tonight?

New WWF Champion?

We cut to the locker room area where we see Hunter Hearst Helmsley putting on his robe. Helmsley looks in the mirror with a cocky smile and fixes his hair back. The camera then shows Goldust sitting down on the leather couch inside the locker room, Wearing a Hunter Hearst Helmsley T-Shirt. Goldust is all smiles as Helmsley starts lacing up his boots.

Goldust- Tonight's the night Hunter. I can feel it. You're going to walk out of Atlanta the new World Wrestling Federation Champion. I can just feel it! I'm so excited! I could just scream!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Don't. Thanks again for giving me your title shot Goldust. It was a nice thing to do. I really appreciate you having my back over the past few weeks.

Goldust- No problem buddy. You deserve it. You're great. You're way better than The Undertaker.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- I know. But you know, Thanks.

Goldust- You're going to dominate his dead behind tonight! You're walking out of Atlanta with the WWF Championship around your waist. I just know it. The Undertaker's title reign is coming to an end tonight.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Goldust, I've dominated the WWF since I debuted over two years ago. And now, It's time for Hunter Hearst Helmsley to become the new World Wrestling Federation Champion. And even though I'll be the champion, I'll always be grateful to you. I'm finally going to the top of the WWF. The Undertaker is getting his shoulders pinned to the canvas tonight. It'll be the greatest moment in the history of the World Wrestling Federation. And I want you to come down to the ring and celebrate with me after I defeat him.

Goldust- I'll be there and you know it.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Good. And if the deadman proves to be a little problem for me, I want you to stay back here. I wanna do it on my own.

Helmsley and Goldust laugh before heading out of the locker room. Ross says that the big WWF Championship match is up next.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Championship

The Undertaker© with Paul Bearer Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

The Undertaker and Hunter Hearst Helmsley had a great TV bout here. It went for about twelve minutes without any commercial breaks. Looks like the WWF wanted to repeat Monday Night Raw and get big ratings early on by throwing a big match in the first hour. The crowd gave Helmsley some big heat while The Undertaker got a thunderous ovation. Helmsley does hold a victory over The Undertaker, And it was mentioned by Jim Ross. Helmsley started off jumping the champion from behind and tried to work over Undertaker in the corner, But the champion quickly grabbed Helmsley by the throat and tossed Helmsley into the corner and came down on Helmsley with quick right hands. They went out to the floor early on where Undertaker continued to destroy Helmsley out on the floor. Goldust showed up on top of the stage, Distracting Undertaker, Which allowed Helmsley to nail Undertaker with the ring bell to the back of the head! Helmsley worked over The Undertaker back in the ring and came close to capturing the WWF Championship. Goldust cheered on Helmsley while Bearer held the urn high in the air. Hunter Hearst Helmsley started to work over The Undertaker's legs and ended up applying a Indian deathlock to the phenom, Which got a good pop from the crowd who remembered the hold as being Helmsley's old finisher in WCW. Helmsley kept trying and trying, But The Undertaker kept fighting back. And when The Undertaker started to make the big comeback, Goldust came running down the ramp way! Goldust got up on the apron, But Undertaker decked him right off! The distraction though, Allowed Helmsley to clip Undertaker's knee from behind. Helmsley grabbed The Undertaker and applied a figure four leglock! The champion countered by grabbing Helmsley by the throat and standing up with his hands around Helmsley's throat. Undertaker grabbed Helmsley and delivered a huge Choke Slam to Helmsley! The Undertaker called for the Tombstone, But Goldust got up on the apron again! Bearer pulled Goldust off the apron, But took a right hand to the face! Goldust got up on the apron again, But Undertaker booted him right off! Bearer then smacked Goldust over the back of the head with the urn! Undertaker turned around and Helmsley planted him with a kick to the gut. Helmsley went for the Pedigree, But Undertaker countered with a huge back body drop! Helmsley then got up and The Undertaker planted him with the Tombstone! Undertaker covered and got the win!

Goldust slowly got back up and came into the ring to check on Helmsley. What he didn't see was The Undertaker standing behind him! Goldust got up and The Undertaker grabbed Goldust by the throat and delivered a Choke Slam to Goldust! Bearer came into the ring and handed The Undertaker the WWF Championship. The Undertaker posed with the title while Bearer held the urn high in the air. Goldust and Helmsley were left laid out, Side by side.

90, 91, 90 ****

The Rude Administration Got It In Control

We cut to the office of Commissioner Rick Rude where we see William Regal and Mr. Yokozuna sitting on a couch. Regal is all fired up over Yokozuna's beat down on D'Lo Brown. Rude is at his desk, Working on some papers, Laughing it up. Also congratulating Mr. Yokozuna.

Rick Rude- I gotta hand it to you Mr. Yokozuna, That was the most amazing beat down I have ever seen in quite sometime. Amazing stuff. Lets see D'Lo Brown be able to continue in the tournament after getting beat down like that. I knew I saw something in you, And this beat down proved it. You're the man. Kama Mustafa has already gotten paid Regal?

William Regal- Yes sir. He was mighty happy with his pay after what he did to that little rat Sean Waltman.

Rick Rude- Good. Everything is going according to plan. D'Lo's been taken out. Sean Waltman got the hell beat out of him Monday night, But I'm forcing him to wrestle tonight, And now, We got Vader and Scott Hall to deal with.

As Rude gets the sentence out, Kevin Nash and British Bulldog enter the office. Regal greets both men and shake their hands. Rude, On the other hand, Sits at his desk with a serious expression on his face.

Rick Rude- Kevin, Davey. Good to see you. Now then, You guys know what to do tonight? (Bulldog nods his head, But Nash gets a cocky grin on his face) What's that grin for Kevin?

Kevin Nash- Nothing, Just ready for my match.

Rick Rude- Good. Because I don't want you guys losing like you did this past Monday night.

Kevin Nash- Hey, I didn't lose nothing. Bulldog is the one who submitted like a girl.

British Bulldog- What did you just say?

Kevin Nash- You heard me. You cried like a girl and tapped out.

British Bulldog- I'd watch my mouth if I was you. You............

Rick Rude- You two need to shut up! Look, You know the deal. I'm making Waltman wrestle tonight. He's injured, Banged up and not ready to go. But I'm making sure he'll wrestle this match or his spot in the King Of The Ring tournament is gone. And D'Lo's already been taken care of. That leaves Scott Hall and Vader. I'll get to The Undertaker this Monday night. Nash, Bulldog, You guys have got to work with Sid to take both men out. It'll be easy. Waltman is already hurt. That'll leave two men against three men. And you know damn well that they can't survive. All I need you to do is give them a vicious beating. Make sure they don't bother us again.

Kevin Nash- That's all fine and dandy, But when are you giving me another title shot?

Rick Rude- I'm still thinking about it.

Kevin Nash- Thinking about it? Rude, Just make sure I get the title shot at the King Of The Ring.

Rick Rude- Look, Just make an impact tonight. Impress me. Take out Hall and Vader. Hell, Do a number on Waltman if you want. Prove to me that you're worthy of yet another title shot.

Kevin Nash- Worthy? I'm the genetic wonder. I should be the WWF Champion. But you wanna see the giant let loose? Watch what I do tonight. And if someone gets hurt badly, It's on your hands.

Nash taps Bulldog over the shoulder and both men head out of the office.

William Regal- Sir, How is Mr. Nash going to get the title shot when you've already talked to the number one contender? He's going to be there this Monday night.

Rick Rude- Don't worry about that Regal. With what I just said to Nash, He'll be able to take out Vader, Hall and Waltman by himself if he has to. He won't disappoint me.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

British Bulldog, Kevin Nash and Sycho Sid with Dawn Marie Vs. Vader, Sean Waltman and Scott Hall

Sean Waltman came down to the ring selling the beat down from this past Monday night. Jim Ross talked about how Waltman was not suppose to be wrestling this match and how Rude and Regal told Waltman if he couldn't participate in this match then he'd have to give up his spot in the Quarter Finals. The match started off with all six men going at it with Nash tossing Waltman out to the floor with ease. The heels isolated Waltman and worked over him. Nash and Sid pounded Waltman in the corner while Bulldog tossed Waltman around the ring. Sean Waltman was even bleeding from the mouth, But that didn't stop the heels from beating him down without showing any mercy. Sean Waltman definitely got sympathy heat from the crowd, Who were begging him to fight back. Kevin Nash had Waltman in a long bear hug, And the youngster seemed to be fighting back, But Nash kept pounding him down. Waltman eventually escaped, Only to walk into a short arm clothesline from Nash. Hall and Vader were ready to come into the ring whenever Waltman looked like he was going to make the hot tag, But someone would always cut him off. Waltman finally made the hot tag after he caught Bulldog with a spinning heel kick. Vader got tagged into the ring and cleaned house! Sid, Bulldog and Nash all went down by powerful stiff clotheslines. The new re energized Vader grabbed anyone in his way and pummeled them into the ground. Hall joined the fight while Waltman laid in the corner, Bleeding and clutching his sides. Scott Hall clotheslined Sid out to the floor, But turned around right into a big boot from Nash! Nash then turned around and Vader clotheslined him out to the floor. Waltman, Still bleeding, And barely standing, Came off the ropes with a dive to Nash, But Nash caught him in midair and violently threw Waltman into the steel ring post! Inside the ring, Vader ran down Davey Boy Smith with several clotheslines and avalanched Bulldog in the corner. Scott Hall got thrown into the steel guardrail by Sid while Nash again tossed Waltman into the steel post! Vader put his head through the ropes to try to grab Nash away from Waltman, But caught a elbow to the face! Bulldog then rolled up Vader with a hand full of tights and got the win!

After the match ended, They weren't done. First, Sid rolled Scott Hall into the ring where he suffered a clothesline from Bulldog. Sid and Nash entered the ring, Dragging Waltman in. Nash saw Vader getting up and drilled Vader with a big boot! Vader was left laid out! Sid and Nash grabbed Vader and tied his arms into the ropes. Nash taunted Vader as Bulldog delivered the Running Powerslam to Hall! Sid grabbed Waltman and with one hand, Choke Slammed Waltman! Sid then followed up by delivering a big Powerbomb to Waltman! Ross was going nuts, Talking about how sick it was to hurt a injured man, After he took a beating tonight and on Monday night! Nash grabbed Scott Hall and delivered a huge Jackknife Powerbomb to Hall! Nash then grabbed Waltman and set him up for the Jackknife, But powerbombed Waltman out to the floor! Ross called for medics as Nash, Sid and Bulldog laughed. Vader tried to free himself, But Bulldog nailed him with a chair shot right to the head! Nash then took off Vader's mask and gave it to Bulldog. Bulldog grabbed the mask and posed with it! Nash, Sid and Bulldog left the ring while Scott Hall was laid out in the center of the ring. Vader was tied up in the ropes. And Waltman was laid out on the floor. Lawler said that in one foul swoop, Rick Rude and William Regal have taken out Hall, Vader and Waltman. Jim Ross did a great job of seeming serious as he asked for the cameras to take us to the back as paramedics came to check on Waltman, Who was still bleeding eternally.

85, 88, 81 ***

Peace For Next Week's Match

We cut to the backstage interview area where Marissa Mazzola is standing by with the WWF Intercontinental Champion, Al Snow.

Marissa Mazzola- Al Snow, First of all, Congratulations on retaining your title against Steve Austin in the cage match this past Monday night.

Al Snow- Thank you Marissa. It was a hell of a match. It was the most grueling match of my career, And in the end, I proved to everyone that I am better than Stone Cold. It's just too bad he quit the WWF. I'm going to miss taunting him by wearing this title over my shoulder.

Marissa Mazzola- Al, Next week you'll wrestle Marc Mero in a King Of The Ring qualifier. Marc Mero, Over the past few weeks, Has been one of the most bizarre wrestlers in the WWF. His new found attitude and crazy behavior has really scared some fans. How do you plan on defeating such a wacked out individual?

Al Snow- Marissa, I don't know what's up with Marc Mero. But something has snapped in that man's mind. Either way, I'm going to defeat him. Marc Mero might be trying to pull this crazed, con man act over on people, But it isn't going to work on me. The only thing that's going to happen next week in this ring is me beating Marc Mero one, two, three. I'm going to defeat Marc Mero and everyone else in my way to become the 1997 King Of The Ring winner. I'm on the biggest roll of my career. I'm the WWF Intercontinental Champion, I stole the show on Monday Night Raw, And I'm winning this year's King Of The Ring tournament. Life doesn't get any sweater than this.

"life doesn't get any sweater than this" is what's heard. Not by Al Snow again, No, By Marc Mero who just happens to stroll on by. Mero's got a big smile on his face and shakes hands with Marissa. He offers his hand to Snow, But the champ just gives him a cold look.

Marc Mero- Ease up champ. I'm only here to wish you luck.

Al Snow- Really? You came by to wish me luck? You're not going to try to sell my that book of yours?

Marc Mero- No, No. I don't need to preach Dr. David's word right now. Besides, I've already got some more followers here in Atlanta lined up. And Mr. Snow, Life is good to you isn't it? Don't you think you should give back? Now, I ain't talking about some charity, But donating to the followers and the fund. I know it's a little too much for a man like you to believe in, But if you'd allow yourself to open up. I think...........

Al Snow- I thought you weren't gonna preach your word?

Marc Mero- Sorry, Sometimes I get a little too passionate about the word. But Al Snow, Don't let the fans lead you into the misery that Sable was lead into. See, You're on top of the world right now. But things will come crashing down. I guarantee it. Just like when we wrestle next week, Things will be coming down for you. Because I promise victory. I'm going into our match to win the tournament. And being the King Of The Ring will lead me higher up the WWF, And higher up the WWF means I'll get some more followers. Maybe some followers from the board of directors. Mr. Snow, I respect you. But you're ignorant. You don't believe in my powers or abilities. And you know what they say about ignorance don't you?

Al Snow- No, What?

Marc Mero- It kills. And next, If I have to hurt you very badly, I'll do whatever it takes to advance in the tournament. Nothing or no one is stopping me from spreading Dr. David's word. Peace my brother.

Mero stares down Al Snow but leaves without a fight going down.

Al Snow lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Qualifying Round

Alex Wright with Joanie Laurer Vs. Ken Shamrock

The winner will go to meet D'Lo Brown on June 13th. Pretty darn good match up here. The crowd was all over Alex Wright while Ken Shamrock got a great ovation from the fans. Jim Ross again mentioned Sean Waltman being seriously injured and wondered how Waltman would be able to continue in the tournament. Shamrock started off quite hot, Taking down Wright with a big clothesline and started taking it to the canvas. Shamrock worked over Wright with submission holds, Causing Wright to go running out of the ring. Shamrock went out after him and clotheslined Wright down on the floor. Laurer tried to interfere, But referee Mike Chioda sent her to the back! Both men went back into the ring where Shamrock tried to apply the Ankle Lock early on, But Wright countered out of it. Wright eventually took Shamrock down with a stiff lariat and took control of the match. Alex Wright looked like he would have the win quite a few times, But Shamrock kept kicking out. And Wright didn't help himself by stopping and posing to shout at the fans. Shamrock made his big comeback when he caught Wright with a straight kick to the mouth. Shamrock looked like the win was going to be his several times, But when he came off the ropes with a spinning heel kick, But Wright ducked and Shamrock accidentally nailed referee Mike Chioda! Wright then took down Shamrock with a neck breaker and went out to the floor. Wright grabbed his European Championship and entered the ring with it. Wright went to hit Shamrock with it, But Shamrock ducked, Grabbed Wright by the waist and delivered a huge belly to belly suplex to Wright! Shamrock quickly went for the Ankle Lock, But Joanie Laurer came running down from the back! Laurer entered the ring and nailed Shamrock with a low blow! She then followed up by planting Shamrock with a huge DDT! Laurer left the ring and headed to the back. Wright rolled over on top of Shamrock. Referee Mike Chioda slowly came to and made the count, But Wright only got two! Wright couldn't believe it! The crowd was going crazy, Chanting for Shamrock as he slowly got up. Wright quickly kneed Shamrock in the midsection and followed up with a go behind and the German suplex to pick up the three count to qualify in the King Of The Ring!

The crowd booed as Alex Wright celebrated his win. Wright took his WWF European Championship and held it high in the air. Jim Ross said that Sean Waltman, Duke Droese, D'Lo Brown and Alex Wright have all qualified for the King Of The Ring. Alex Wright headed to the back shouting something in German.

81, 80, 83 ***

Alex Wright gained overness from this match.

Vader Gets Payback!

We're taken backstage where we see Bulldog leaving the Commissioner's office with a big smile on his face. British Bulldog is heading down towards the hallaway when out of nowhere, BAM! He's knocked down by a powerful blow from behind, By Vader! Vader grabs Davey Boy Smith and tosses Bulldog into the wall face first! Bulldog looks to be knocked out! Vader lifts Bulldog up and starts punching Bulldog in the face over and over! Bulldog's got a bloodied nose! Officials come out and pull Vader off of Bulldog. Referee Monty Davidson helps Bulldog up and helps Bulldog out of sight. Vader gets past the officials by knocking them down and gives chase to Bulldog and Davidson, But they're long gone!

Interview with Shawn Michaels

We go to the backstage interview area where Kevin Kelly is standing by with Shawn Michaels.

Kevin Kelly- Shawn Michaels, Tonight you battle Chris Benoit in the main event. This should be a amazing contest between two of the greatest wrestlers to ever grace a wrestling ring. But before we talk about tonight's match, Lets talk about the King Of The Ring. It'll be you and Bret Hart. The match has already been signed. And Shawn Michaels, What are your thoughts on the huge match at the King Of The Ring and the reaction the fans gave you over your comments on Bret Hart this Monday night?

Shawn Michaels- Kevin Kelly, The King Of The Ring is nearing us. And what a hell of a night it's gonna be. Shawn Michaels, The main event, The showstopper and the true icon of this business takes on the excellence of execution, Bret Hart one more time. It's June 22nd, And I gotta tell you, I am looking forward to this match. Bret Hart has been all talk over the past few days. But when it was time for HBK to talk, Bret had nothing to say. All he could do was listen. Bret listened up this past Monday night and shut the hell up. Bret, Did you think I wasn't going to accept your challenge? Did you think you could make me, Shawn Michaels look like a coward? Come on, Bret, You know me better than that. You liked to talk about how big my ego is, Well, You're damn right HBK's got a big ego. And I wouldn't let anyone get over on me. And if you think that you're going to beat me at the King Of The Ring, On June 22nd in Providence, Rhode Island, Well, You're going to get another big shock. Do you think King Of The Ring is going to be any different then last year's Wrestlemania? I beat your ass at Wrestlemania and took your title. And at King Of The Ring, I plan on super kicking you back to reality. I made you look like a fool on Monday Night Raw. And I plan on making you look like a bigger fool at King Of The Ring. And as far as the fans go, Hey, I got my fans and he's got all ten of his fans. The fact of the matter is, Shawn Michaels is a bigger icon than Bret Hart has ever been. His fans are turning against him, His family doesn't like him, And no one in the back respects him anymore. Bret, What are you gonna do when HBK beats ya one more time at King Of The Ring my friend? And Kevin Kelly, No, And to anyone else in the WWF who thinks the fans will matter at King Of The Ring, I love you fans. I really do. But don't think I'll be giving a damn about what you people cheer when I'm beating Bret Hart. Bret, You had every right to be paranoid about HBK and the Kliq kicking you out. It already begun to happen when I took your title last year. All that's left to do is to take your pride. And I will take it after I beat you one more time. And what will your excuse for losing to HBK gonna be this time?

Kevin Kelly- Your thoughts on tonight's match with Chris Benoit?

Shawn Michaels- Chris Benoit is a amazing wrestler. I hear he was trained in the dungeon with "The Hitman". Hey, If he thinks that's helping him tonight, Then more power to him. But Chris Benoit, Don't think you're going to make a fool out of HBK tonight. This is my first match back after the hell in the cell. And don't think Shawn Michaels is going to lose. I plan on beating you with Sweet Chin Music. One, Two, three. And Bret, Let me say something to you, I'm dedicating this match up to you, Bret "The Hitman" Hart, My hero!

Kevin Kelly- Fans, Shawn Michaels versus Chris Benoit is next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Al Snow leaps off the top of the cage with a leg drop to Steve Austin! (Monday Night Raw 5/26/97)

Shawn Michaels Vs. Chris Benoit

Amazing main event here. A true classic and match of the year candidate. Chris Benoit actually got a mixed reaction from the fans as he was in WCW at this time last year. Of course, Jim Ross had to talk about how the other federation never used Benoit to his full potential and how Benoit never got a chance at the spotlight there. Benoit actually looked strong here too. Shawn Michaels came down to a huge ovation from the fans and Bret Hart watched from a monitor in the back as Michaels posed. Both men started off exchanging holds, With Benoit taking Michaels down to the canvas and out wrestling Michaels. Bret Hart was shown watching with a smirk on his face as Benoit kept Michaels grounded, But the "Heart Break Kid" kept coming back at Benoit and then, Took Benoit down to the canvas. Both men traded near falls and reversals with Michaels ending up taking Benoit out to the floor with a clothesline. Michaels skinned the cat back into the ring and followed up with a baseball slide and then a huge dive off the ropes to Benoit. Out on the floor, Michaels and Benoit traded chops that went badly for Michaels. Benoit grabbed Michaels and send Michaels into the steel steps. Benoit then followed up by ramming Michaels' head into the steel steps and ring post. Back inside the ring, Benoit picked up a few near falls on Michaels. Benoit used about six German suplexes, One right after the other to Michaels, But Michaels somehow kicked out. Michaels even kicked out of Benoit's Diving Headbutt from the top turnbuckle. Benoit kept pounding Michaels with chops and kicks in the corner, And looked like he was going to put away one of the greatest WWF Champions of all time. Benoit kept trying to apply the Crippler Crossface to Shawn Michaels several times, But Michaels would escape or grab the ropes. Michaels finally made the come back after nailing Benoit with the forearm shot. Michaels nipped up and started taking it to Benoit. Michaels got some quick near falls over Benoit, But the Canadian crippler kept kicking out. Shawn Michaels even took Benoit down with a spinebuster and went for the Sharpshooter, But Benoit grabbed the ropes. Shawn Michaels and Benoit fought back and fourth, They started to trade right hands and chops, Ending with Michaels grabbing Benoit and slamming him down. Shawn Michaels went out to the apron and climbed the top turnbuckle. Michaels measured Benoit and came off the top with a picture perfect elbow drop to the heart of Benoit. Michaels went up to the corner and started to tune up the band. Benoit got up to his feet and Michaels went for Sweet Chin Music, But Benoit ducked it! Benoit kicked Michaels in the gut and took Michaels down to the canvas and locked in the Crippler Crossface! Michaels struggled to get to the ropes, But he did a few seconds later. Benoit couldn't believe it and started to argue with the referee. Benoit pulled Shawn Michaels up to his feet and send Michaels to the corner. Benoit charged at Michaels, But Michaels kicked Benoit right in the face! Michaels then followed up by delivering Sweet Chin Music to Benoit! Michaels covered Benoit and got the one, two, three!

Before Shawn Michaels could celebrate, Brian Pillman came running down from the back! Pillman entered the ring and ran down Michaels with a clothesline! Pillman started to put the boots to Michaels, But out came Bret Hart from the back with a steel chair! "The Hitman" entered the ring and nailed Pillman with a shot to the shoulder! Pillman quickly left the ring and helped Benoit out. Bret Hart stood with his back turned against Michaels, Who got up and pulled Bret Hart face to face with him. Both men started yelling at each other while Benoit and Pillman headed to the back. Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart argued as Friday Night Mayhem went off the air.

93, 86, 100 ****3/4

Overall Rating- 87

TV Rating- 7.24

Notes

"Shawn Michaels and Chris Benoit work pretty well together due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

"The Undertaker and Hunter Hearst Helmsley work pretty well together due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

Guest Crossface

Great show.

With the nice D-Lo rebel-stuff and Yoko as MR. and working for Rude is just great.

And here, i'l say it, Wright just pissed me off. PLEASE MAKE SOMEONE BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM!

I liked the Michaels-Benoit stuff, and the long staredowns and interviews with Bret and Michaels is intersting.

To bad SCSA quit. i was hoping for Taker-Austin.

Raw Thoughts:

A fantastic blow off to the excellent Snow v. Austin feud. You ended the match and feud with a dramatic conclusion with Snow finishing Ausitn off with the legdrop from the top of the cage. The match made both guys look really strong coming out of this feud. I see some big pushes in store with both guys. With a little development, Austin or Snow can see themselves in a world title feud. Great stuff all around and looking forward to seeing where both guys go from here.

The slow build with Goldust and Hunter continues and I am really enjoying this story. It was great to see Hunter really wanting to end things but all of sudden, it becomes beneficial to be Goldust's friend again. It's obvious to everyone but Golust that he's being used by Hunter. When he finds out, the pay off should be rather sweet. This can be another many month spanning story like Austin and Snow was. I see both guys coming out bigger stars if done properly.

The Bulldog segment didn't do much for me. The whole Vader/Bulldog feud seemed rather thrown together. Maybe partly because the break up seemed to come out of nowhere. I didn't sense any problems with the two until the night they broke up. At this point, this story lacks a lot of sizzle and maybe because the issue seems so random. They're feuding over a one night team miscommunication and usually break ups take more then that. Thus I find myself lacking a lot of interest in the eventual match up. Plus Bulldog's friendship with Rude seems to have come out of nowhere too. This feud and story still has a few weeks to pick up some steam.

Waltman v. Kama qualifier was really well done. I actually think this match did a lot for getting Kama over too. Kama almost won the match and was made to look really strong. Being the guy who put out Waltman would give him some cred too. A very well booked match that made both guys looking better after.

Martel seems to be exactly back to where he was before Bret beat him. I have a sneaky suspiscion he'll want another shot at Bret eventually. I do know that Martel needs someone else to occupy him until then and he's too good to just float for a month waiting for Bret.

Argh! I knew it was going to happen but it still pissed me off to see the Godwinns when the titles. Other then Vince declaring their awesomeness, they haven't even been booked that well. They only got a little bit of mic time so far to establish their characters. They've probably been booked that way to conceal all their weaknesses. Having them battle Beniot/Pillman is probably the best way to make them look better then they are. All I can hope is that their title reign is short. I have a feeling the shoving down the throat has only begun.

I'm still very 'meh' on the Billy Gunn character. Though I appreciate that he actually addresses the chance he may seem like a Dean Douglas clone. At this point with this gimmick, I see Gunn being lost in the shuffle just like Arnold Jelly and Ruifino currently are.

Droese v. Henry qualifier was another match that made both guys look particularly strong. Droese finally scored a single win in a higher profile contest. Henry was made to look really strong and unbeatable despite the loss. Though it looks like his feud with the Money Mine has been demoted from Sid down to Droese. Which is probably for the better since Henry isn't ready for a ME level feud.

I enjoyed the D'Lo and Yoko angle. The turn for Yoko was predictable but also a good one. Yoko needed some refreshening of his character. A heel turn should be good for him and allow for a bit of a push. The guy is just too big to be a jobber especially in a Fed run by McMahon. This will put some heat on the upcoming qualifier which is a good thing too. Though it now has me worried on how safe of a bet D Lo is to win this thing now.

The main event tag was a great way to get some new feuds brewing and to address some different stories. Martel gets the win which only feeds his ego. Hopefully, his bragging will land him opponent maybe Shamrock since he has nobody at this point either. Vader and Bulldog do lots of brawling with each other which helps out their feud some though I'm still not lining up to see the pay off. Unfortunately, Undertaker still seems to be lacking any kind of challenger or opponent for KOTR. Especially since I don't expect Hunter or Goldust to be a long term thing. Though it does now look like Goldust v. Wright could be pencilled in for KOTR especially if the tourney shapes up the way I'm prediciting. Such a match would also be good to build up the HHH and Golust turmoil. Also looks like I was wrong about Sid feuding with Henry or Nash instead he seems to be set with Hall. This match did a good job of answering some more questions and opening a few doors. I'm still clueless of where 'Taker or Nash go next. I'm assuming they are finished wiht each other since they had the blow off previous to this match.

The big answer to Bret's challenge went great. I'm now very convinced that we will be seeing Michaels turn heel. Not sure if it will be at the show or if it will be in the lead up. I'm pretty positive Michaels won't be a face much longer. I think it would be a really great booking choice. Michaels would make an excellent heel and maybe even be the one to dethrone the Undertaker. Such a move would lead to tons of great challengers to his title. I am now ahead of myself.

Really solid Raw. It definitely had the feel of a big time show and must see TV. I would probably be tuning into this episode over Nitro during this time. It was a stacked show and progresses the stories nicely. It left the feeling that some big things did happen like the blow off to Snow & Austin, the tag title change and the Yoko heel turn. Great effort.

Mayhem Thoughts:

Yoko v. D'Lo was another tourney match where both guys came out looking stronger. D'Lo got a big win over the rejuvenated Yoko. Then Yoko looked stronger by taking out D Lo after the match. I enjoy the angle of Rude hiring men to take out his enemies in the tourney. It gives me a sense we will be seeing Waltman and D Lo collide just to get on the nerves of Rude even more.

Obviously, Austin isn't really quitting the WWF. I'll be interested to see where this angle goes. I really do hope that he isn't off TV too long to sell this angle.

I continue to enjoy the HHH and Goldust storyline. More and more you feel bad for poor Goldy because you know he is being taken advantage of. One can't help to look forward to when he stands up to Hunter.

Wow, didn't expect the title match to be so early but it does sound like a strategy WWF would do. The match seemed to have garnered a rather high match quality rating. Didn't know these two would work so well together. Anyway, no real storyline development other then HHH probably won't be so happy to have his plan foiled. Maybe he'll even take it out on Goldy? Plus I'm guessing the two will be meeting each other on Raw this coming week which will be interesting. Though 'Taker still have no challenger for KOTR. I'm clueless to who it will be.

I liked the whole Regal and Rude admitting they had paid those guys off to take out D'Lo and Kama. The angle with Kevin was interesting and I sense a possible face turn in the future. Especially after Kevin realizes he has no lined up title shot. I'm intrigued to find out who 'Taker's opponent is because I don't have a clue. I can't think of too many credible challengers at this point. Unless it's Sid again which I'd rather it not be.

Six man did it's job again. Sid and Razor definitely now seem to be enterting into a feud as they brawled again with each other. Bulldog got a cheap win over Vader which is always a nice way to spice up things. I really enjoyed the beat down and internal bleeding of Waltman. Waltman is the perfect sympathy face and he's getting lots of that now. It was good to see the heels get a definitive win by having all the faces laid out. I'm now wondering the chances of Waltman actually being able to advance against Droese. Though I still think Droese v. D Lo lacks a little for a PPV match.

Mero & Snow angles was some nice build to their match next week. This is definitely one of the harder matches to predict in the first round. I really think Mero would make a great challenger to the IC title and a win over Snow would cement that. But I also find it pointless for Mero to gain a win if he can't get the shot at the PPV which I don't see happening because of that to happen then Lawler/Jannetty need to be in the semis. I don't think either are fit for such a spot. I'm now ramlbing so let's move on.

Wright goes past Shamrock which is the right move. Though poor Shamrock seems to be dropping in value in WWF. At one point, I had him pegged as the next Main Eventer but now he seems to be lost in the mid card shuffle. As for Wright, I still don't love the fact he's getting such a big push. At the same time, it's nice to see somebody totally new get such a rise up the WWF ranks.

Vader attacking Bulldog is a nice attempt to try to get this feud going. I think segments like these are necessary in order to make this a match people want to see. Definitely keep up the attacks between the two former partners.

Michaels interviews convinces me even more that it's Michaels going heel.

A great final match between Beniot and Michaels. The former tag champs are made to look strong by being put in the main event slot. Beniot almost pulled off a big win there. I liked the closing segment with Hart coming out to save Michaels from the two heels. It looks like we have a great tag match in the future. That match will gain an insane match quality rating. It'll also open doors to do some interesting stuff to build to Hart v. Michaels.

Two excellent shows in a row. You're definitely hitting on all cylinders entering into the summer. I'm enjoying most of the stories that are being presented. Though unfortunately, with such a huge roster it seems like so many guys get lost in the shuffle. The Sunny looking for a man seems like a distant memory. Most of the midcarders don't seem much more than enhancement talent. Maybe RSN could use a little storyline development to help this problem?

Keep up the great job and I look forward to the road to KOTR.

IPB Image

Channel: USA Network

Time Slot: Late Evening

Date: May 31, 1997

Attendance: 8,034

Ticket Sales: $321,360

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Championship

Chavo Guerrero© Vs. Shane Helms

Excellent match up here. The crowd was dead for it, But both men busted their asses here. The NWACI's Helms looked good here, But it's unlikely that the WWF will sign him. It did give him some exposure for NWACI though. Quick action here, Total nonstop. Helms took it to the air while Chavo tried to out wrestle the youngster. Helms looked like he had the win quite a few times, He even got a close near fall on Chavo with his Nightmare On Helms Street maneuver, But Chavo somehow got the shoulder up. The big spot of the match was out on the floor when Helms jumped off the steel steps, But Chavo drop kicked Helms in midair, Driving the back of Helms' head into the steps! The ending was a hot one, With Helms drilling Chavo with a super kick. Helms then lifted Chavo up and went for his Vertebreaker, But Chavo countered out of it and tried the Vertebreaker on Helms, But Helms countered back. Helms looked like he was going to hit the maneuver, But Chavo escaped and got Helms into a pinning situation and scored the win to retain the title! Sunny was shown watching from the back, Impressed with Chavo's big victory.

70, 47, 93 ***1\4

The WWF Light Heavyweight title has gained in image.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Luigi Alfredo Rufino Vs. Hakushi

The WWF seems to be wanting to build up Rufino even though it's not working. The crowd was into this one somewhat for Hakushi when he busted out his high flying maneuvers. A decent little short match here. Hakushi seems to be impressing management and is rumored for a run at the Light Heavyweight Championship. Hakushi came close to ending Rufino's winning streak after doing a Undertaker walk on the ropes maneuver which ended in a hurricanrana take over, But Rufino somehow kicked out. Hakushi continued taking it to Rufino, Delivering some nasty kicks to Rufino in the corner, But when he tried to deliver a tornado DDT, Rufino countered and delivered the Trip To New Jersey to pick up the win and remain undefeated in the World Wrestling Federation.

64, 59, 69 *1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

John Bradshaw Vs. Terry Funk

Great match up between the aging Funk and the usually bad Bradshaw. These two brawlers seemed to have great chemistry here and had a hot crowd. Funk looked like he wasn't focused due to Cactus Jack being out, But that proved to be a trick as he decked Bradshaw. Funk and Bradshaw brawled around the ringside area with Bradshaw nailing Funk with stiff shots, Then sending Funk into the steel ring post and steps. Even at his age, Funk is still taking some nasty bumps. The nastiest had to be a back suplex from Bradshaw which sent Funk head first into the steel rampway. The match went back into the ring with both men coming close to picking up the win. The ending came when Funk planted Bradshaw with a DDT and headed up top. Funk went for a moonsault, But Bradshaw moved out of the way. Bradshaw then nailed Funk with a stiff lariat to pick up the win.

81, 74, 88 ***1\2

Terry Funk lost overness from this match.

John Bradshaw gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Taka Michinoku Vs. Shannon Moore

Another dead crowd for a match involving a Light Heavyweight. Shannon Moore's tag team partner, Shane Helms came close to capturing the Light Heavyweight Championship but ended up losing. Would Moore have a better night? This one was nowhere as good as the Helms/Guerrero match, But Moore is only eighteen years old and not very experienced. Still, This was a pretty good back and fourth match that featured more high spots than the earlier bout. Moore came close to putting away Taka, Especially after connecting with a moonsault off the top, But Taka somehow kicked out. It looked like both men were injured badly when Moore messed up a head scissors, Which sent both men spilling out to the floor, With Taka hitting the mats on his back, Then seconds later, Moore fell on top of Taka. The ending occured when Moore slammed Taka down and headed up top. Moore went for a leg drop off the top, But Taka moved out of the way. Taka quickly delivered the Michinoku Driver and got the win.

59, 41, 78 *3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty, Brian Adams and Brian Lee Vs. The Quebecers and Hollywood Holly with Chris Kanyon

Good six men tag team match up here with solid back and fourth action. It seems like Adams and Lee have been sent out of the tag title scene due to Vince's love for The Godwinns. Even though Adams and Lee are better wrestlers and are more over than The Godwinns. Jannetty's on again off again push continues as he looked great here. The heels isolated Jannetty, With even Chris Kanyon getting involved. Jannetty took a long beating but eventually made the hot tag to Adams. All hell broke loose with all six men getting into it. The ending came when Adams and Lee tossed Jacques and Pierre out to the floor, With Jannetty following up with a suicide dive to both men out on the floor. This left Hollywood Holly alone to take the Heart Punch/Life Sentence combo from Adams and Lee. Adams covered Hollywood and got the win.

73, 72, 74 **

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Kevin Nash powerbombs Sean Waltman from inside the ring to the outside! (Friday Night Mayhem 5/30/97)

Rick Martel Vs. Brian Pillman

Great match up here. Probably the best match Rick Martel has had in awhile. Definitely better than his encounter with Bret Hart at the PPV. The announcers were shocked here. Rick Martel didn't act arrogant or cocky one bit during the match. He just straight up wrestled Pillman. Coachman said Martel was playing some kind of mind games with his opponents, First acting modest, But then, Starting up with the ego again to throw off his opponents. Both men started off trading near falls and reversals, Which ended up with Martel getting the better of Pillman. But Martel didn't do any posing, As he just kept going after Pillman. Pillman got the advantage after planting Martel with a big DDT, And came close to putting away Martel, But in the end, Martel caught Pillman coming off the ropes with a big spinebuster and applied the Quebec Crab to Pillman. Pillman tried to make it to the ropes, But he had no choice but to tap out. After the match ended, Martel had a big smile on his face and started posing. He even asked the referee to raise his arm in the air three times! RAW Saturday Night went off the air with Rick Martel celebrating his victory.

84, 85, 83 ***1\4

Overall Rating- 63

TV Rating- 2.79

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 1.96

Attendance- 6,502

Ticket Sales- $260,080

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.96

Attendance- 2,003

Ticket Sales- $60,090

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.93

Attendance- 6,548

Ticket Sales- $261,920

Notes

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them. The fans see us as being the more professional promotion, thanks to our higher production values." -Sophie

"Chavo Guerrero and Shane Helms work pretty well together due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

"Hakushi and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Bart Gunn? I think our styles would really work well together." -Luigi Alfredo Rufino

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Luigi Alfredo Rufino

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Shannon Moore

"I'd like to work with Steve Austin if possible." -Bret Hart

"Our ratings battle with Hardcore TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

BTW, I just got to the first of the month, So anyone with a guy in my development system, Who wants to know their guys stats, PM me and ask for them. (Y)

Edited by Baby Hewey

RSN Thoughts:

Out of curiousity, do you ever intend to change the name of the Saturday show? It seems really uncreative to have two shows named Raw. It gives the impression it's a continuation of the Raw program meanwhile, it showcases mainly C-list talent. Though it's not like my world is shattered if the show remains 'Raw Saturday Night' forever.

Helms is really cranking out some decent match ratings. WWF signing Helms would bring a lot of benefits. The first is that he is very talented and could pop a good rating with any light heavyweight. The second would be WWf could use some fresh faces in the division (though, he'd need a makevover since he is complete job boy right now). Lastly, the WWF would probably want to have some more 'American' lightweights to balance out the 'international' stars. I wouldn't be surprised if the WWF '97 would have hired a guy who pulls out such great chemistry with their champ. A great match with their very underused champ, for the record.

Do you ever intend to have the division surpass what the real WWF ever did with it? Or are you purposely trying to mimick how WWF perceived lightweights at this time?

Alas, Rufino jobbing out Hakushi is an example of great lightweight misuse. Though the rumours of a Hakushi title run sounds nice. Unfortunately, the title has less value then the Million Dollar Title or Hobo Jack. The title win doesn't really equal a push at this point. Rufino ranks right up with Godwinns on the destined failed push list. Though that seems to be a very intentional thing on your part as you try to mimmick WWF's habit of shoving talentless hacks down the fans throat.

Poor Terry, as he seems to be the designated job boy now. I don't really see any re-push in his future. Especially if he is jobbing on RSN which is never a good sign. Though I'd say a 'hoss' like Bradshaw is about ready for a big push. Maybe he can be more muscle for Rude's regime? Or you could always team him up with another hoss to make a team to oppose the Godwinns. Isn't Mark Henry from Texas? They could form a rough and tumble Texan hoss team to rumble with the Godwinns. It would make awful EWR Match Quality ratings but would probably give Vince wet dreams.

The good thing about RSN is that the lightweights do get some play. It's nice to see Taka score a win. Even though it's against the equilivant of a jobber in the division. Though I'd think Moore would be another solid signing and should be reassigned to the devlopmentals. Especially if you plan to take the division seriously.

The 6 man was the definition of 'not knowing what to do with these guys'. None of these wrestlers have been in a decent storyline or feud for a long time. Chucking them into a big six man is a sign it's probably not going to change. Hollywood Holly and Chris Kanyon are the only real tragedies from this scenerio though. All the others have had their chance in the sun in my opinion. I'm a big fan of Holly and Kanyon in this diary and feel they have a lot of potential if used. Is Kanyon still injured or you just not ready to have him wrestle yet?

Martel and Pillman was a good RSN main event. I really hope Pillman and Beniot aren't destined for putting guys over. They are really too talented to be enhancement talent. As for Martel, hopefully this story is going somewhere. Even moreso, hopefully Martel will have an opponent soon or I see him becoming really dull.

A pretty typical RSN. Gave the lightweights some spotlight which is always a good thing. A really nice main event o top things off. Plus even a little bit of storyline development with Martel during his win and Sunny watching Guerrero.

Today's Wrestling World

June 1997

IPB Image

credit Jack Krauser for the awesome logo

World Wrestling Federation

Owner: Linda McMahon

Public Image: 71

Size: Global

Based In: America

Risk Level: 70

Production Values: 100

Top 5 Faces

1. Ric Flair (100)

2. Shawn Michaels (100)

3. Al Snow (97)

4. Bret Hart (95)

5. The Undertaker (94)

Top 5 Heels

1. Cactus Jack (100)

2. Owen Hart (100)

3. Steve Austin (96)

4. Kevin Nash (96)

5. Rick Rude (95)

IPB Image

World Championship Wrestling

Owner: Ted Turner

Public Image: 40

Size: Global

Risk Level: 50

Production Values: 90

Top 5 Stars

1. Hulk Hogan (100)

2. Randy Savage (100)

3. Sting (100)

4. Ultimate Warrior (100)

5. The Giant (96)

IPB Image

Extreme Championship Wrestling

Owner: Winston Brynner

Public Image: 67

Size: National

Risk Level: 30

Production Values: 75

Top 5 Stars

1. Taz (84)

2. Raven (83)

3. Chaz Warrington (83)

4. Glen Ruth (80)

5. D-Von Dudley (79)

IPB Image

United States Pro Wrestling

Owner: Peter Walsh

Public Image: 13

Size: National

Risk Level: 20

Production Values: 65

Top 5 Stars

1. Chaz Warrington (83)

2. Glen Ruth (80)

3. D-Von Dudley (79)

4. One Man Gang (79)

5. Stevie Richards (77)

IPB Image

Vampire Zone Fighting

Owner: Derek Dunne

Public Image: 44

Size: Regional

Risk Level: 85

Production Values: 20

Top 5 Stars

1. Nova (60)

2. Doug Furnas (60)

3. Nikita Koloff (58)

4. Kimona (54)

5. Bobby Duncum Jr. (54)

IPB Image

NWA Canadian Invasion

Owner: Willy Gossard

Public Image: 70

Size: Small

Based In: Canada

Risk Level: 10

Production Values: 26

Top 5 Stars

1. Craig Pittman (34)

2. Shane Helms (32)

3. Jamie Noble (32)

4. Robby Rage (31)

5. Jason Jett (30)

IPB Image

Amber Benson's Wrestling Federation

Owner: Nik Simpson

Public Image: 60

Size: Backyard

Risk Level: 30

Production Values: 5

Top 5 Stars

1. Steve Armstrong (26)

2. Kid Kash (25)

3. Elektra (21)

4. Miguel Perez (21)

5. Cibernetico (18)

Roster News

- The following birthdays occured this month: Rocky Maivia (25), Chris Benoit (30), William Regal (32), Shawn Stasiak (27), Kama Mustafa (36), Jesse James (27), Simon Diamond (27), Alex Wright (22), Vader (40), Harvey Wippleman (34), Brian Pillman (35), Owen Hart (32), Chris Davis (20)

- Jesse James' contract is running out. It has been renewed for three more years.

- Marlena's contract is running out. It has been renewed for two more years.

- Owen Hart's contract is running out. It has been renewed for three more years.

- Scott Taylor will return from his broken leg in four months.

- Mr. Perfect will return from his ripped bicep in two months.

- Cactus Jack will return from his eye injury in one month.

- Jacobs has returned from injury.

- Clarence Mason has returned from injury.

- "I am increasing my wage demands by 10% per appearance, as i believe i am being underpaid." -Shane Helms

- "I am increasing my wage demands by 10% per appearance, as i believe i am being underpaid." -Shannon Moore

- The WWF has signed two Light Heavyweight wrestlers, Ron Killings and Aguila to written deals. They should debut on television soon. Aguila is the only luchadore on the WWF roster and the WWF will play that up as the WWF likes to say that Light Heavyweights from all over the world come to compete in the WWF's Light Heavyweight division. Killings is set to get a gangster or rapper gimmick.

- There is no set date as to when Owen Hart will return to the WWF. Rumors are that he'll be back in time for next month's PPV event from Calgary, But other rumors have Owen Hart returning in the fall or even as late as winter. There were false rumors of the WWF letting Owen Hart go from his contract, But those rumors were proven to be false when it was announced that Hart signed on with the WWF for three more years.

- Fatu, Albert, Peter Polaco, Shawn Stasiak, Steve Blackman, Scorpio, David Flair, Mabel, John Tenta and Clarence Mason are all ready to be called up from USWA. Most of these workers already have gimmicks/plans set for them when they return, But the WWF isn't calling any of them up from USWA up yet. It's rumored that the WWF wants to trim some of the active roster down before bringing up workers. The ones who will more than likely get pushed are Mabel and Fatu. Who both are long time WWF superstars.

- Jacobs is set to return to TV real soon. The WWF still wants to push the big man and will try to get him away from Bob Backlund, As Backlund's contract runs out in August. Jacobs is rumored to get thrown right into the main event scene. A possible feud with Al Snow could be in the works. Another person Jacobs could feud with is The Undertaker.

- Some feel that Billy Gunn was given his new gimmick as a cheap shot to Shane Douglas, Who always seems to bash the WWF in one way or another. However, The writing team has assured Billy Gunn that he'll be alot more different than Douglas and the gimmick will not be only be a teacher. Billy Gunn is being looked as a favorite wrestler of Vince McMahon's due to his willingness of taking this gimmick and jobbing out for the past few months. Billy Gunn is a very loyal WWF employee that never seems to complain about his direction.

- Vince McMahon is said to be wanting to push Mark Henry big time. Mark Henry was eliminated from the King Of The Ring tournament, But will be apart of a huge match at the King Of The Ring that has yet to be announced. He's likely to continue feuding with The Money Mine, And most importantly, Sycho Sid. Sycho Sid, On the other hand, Is not happy with being pushed down to a feud with Henry. Sycho Sid thought he'd get to feud with The Undertaker and have a title shot at the King Of The Ring, But plans have changed.

- Al Snow continues to impress management. He's quickly become one of the top WWF superstars and is getting more and more crowd support each show. The WWF feels that Al Snow is money in the bank. It's very likely that Al Snow will become WWF Champion by next year if he keeps this up. Al Snow is seen as a favorite to win this year's King Of The Ring tournament as well.

- The main event heel scene in the WWF is considered to be weak at the moment. Kevin Nash, Owen Hart, Sycho Sid, Steve Austin and Cactus Jack are all main eventers, But three of those men are out for the time being. Not many fans care that much about Sid, No matter how much the WWF has been pushing him. Kevin Nash and Steve Austin are the top heels in the WWF right now. Even though Austin isn't really all that established. Rumor has it that Ric Flair will return to the WWF soon and possibly feud with Steve Austin to put Austin over. Mr. Perfect is also set to return soon, And he'll possibly be working as a heel. The WWF is trying to push new people into the spotlight as they feel some of the current stars aren't bringing in big ratings like last year.

- Most fans see Sean Waltman, Al Snow and D'Lo Brown as being this year's King Of The Ring winner. It's very likely since the WWF would want to have a babyface win the tournament since the last three year's has seen heels win the tournament. Sean Waltman is considered the favorite to win the tournament according to a poll on WWF.com.

- William Regal is expected to be working as Rick Rude's assistant for quite a few months, Only wrestling at PPV events every once in awhile. Regal had been having some back problems during his run in WCW since last year and if he had stayed in WCW, He would also have been used as a non wrestler for awhile. Regal chose to come to the WWF due to WCW's lack of direction. Regal is already a popular guy backstage and looks like he'll have a bright future ahead of himself in the WWF. Regal though, Has not bashed WCW at all since coming into the WWF and hasn't really mentioned why he left all that much.

- Despite the push they've been getting, The Godwinns have not been getting positive crowd support at all. Even with Hillybilly Jim added to their corner, The fans have not being getting into the new WWF Tag Team Champions. During this weekends house shows, Some fans booed The Godwinns quite loudly and cheered for their opponents. Of course, Some expect them to get a long run with the titles since they are one of Vince McMahon's favorite gimmicks. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman said that they didn't mind dropping the titles to The Godwinns.

- The writing team has assured the Light Heavyweight talent that they will get their chance to shine soon enough. Chavo Guerrero was put into the King Of The Ring tournament as a way to make the belt seem higher up the food chain in the WWF. It's expected that more Light Heavyweights will be brought in on open contracts, And if they impress management enough, They'll get signed on a written deal. Chavo Guerrero is scheduled to hold onto the Light Heavyweight Championship for awhile. Some more talent is expected to join the Light Heavyweight division. Take this for what it's worth, But Hakushi has been working as a heel for some dark matches.

- Plans are already set for when Jesse James returns. He's set to return in the fall, Probably around Survivor Series time. Judging by how long he's signed with the WWF, It's likely that he'll get a big push. Jesse James is at home right now, Resting up from a few injuries, But he's scheduled to be meeting with the creative team and Vince McMahon.

- Chris Kanyon has been asking to start being put in the ring as a active competitor again. Kanyon, Upon his in ring return, Could be put as a tag team partner for Hollywood Holly. Chris Kanyon has a unsackable contract with the WWF and creative control, So it's likely he'll end up getting a big push.

- The Undertaker's title reign thus far has been considered a disappointment as ratings, attendance and buyrates continue to go down. The WWF thought that The Undertaker would bring in huge numbers like Shawn Michaels did last year, But that hasn't been the case. The Undertaker's title win at Wrestlemania didn't do huge numbers and the past few Pay Per View events have all gotten lower buyrates. Some feel that The Undertaker is just not the type of man to build a promotion around while others feel that The Undertaker's opponents are the reason his title reign has been looked at as disappointing.

- Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart have been working out plans for their upcoming match at the King Of The Ring. All though neither men really get along too well, They have been professional about their match up. No outcome has been decided on the winner, But everyone is expecting a amazing match up. The Michaels/Hart match is being advertised as the main event for the King Of The Ring as the WWF feels that's the most anticipated match on the whole card. And nothing will be able to top it.

- Ahmed Johnson is set to return to the WWF by September. Ahmed Johnson is also scheduled for a big push and it's rumored that he'll be feuding with Mr. Yokozuna.

- James E. Cornette is set to return to the managerial role real soon.

Monthly Ratings

Monday Night Raw

May 5, 1997- 6.84 (Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Rick Martel Vs. Kevin Nash, Sycho Sid, Cactus Jack)

May 12, 1997- 7.22 (Kevin Nash, Sycho Sid Vs. The Undertaker, Paul Bearer)

May 19, 1997- 6.83 (Bret Hart Vs. Brian Pillman)

May 26, 1997- 7.29 (The Undertaker, Scott Hall, Vader, Rick Martel, Ken Shamrock Vs. Sycho Sid, Kevin Nash, Alex Wright, British Bulldog, Hunter Hearst Helmsley)

Friday Night Mayhem

May 2, 1997- 7.28 (Al Snow Vs. Sycho Sid)

May 9, 1997- 7.23 (Shawn Michaels Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley)

May 16, 1997- 7.23 (Shawn Michaels, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman Vs. Cactus Jack, British Bulldog, Vader)

May 23, 1997- 7.26 (The Undertaker Vs. Kevin Nash)

May 30, 1997- 7.24 (Shawn Michaels Vs. Chris Benoit)

RAW Saturday Night

May 3, 1997- 2.90 (Shawn Michaels Vs. Kama Mustafa)

May 10, 1997- 2.84 (Scott Hall Vs. Brian Pillman)

May 17, 1997- 2.79 (Rick Martel, Bret Hart Vs. Jacques Rougeau, Pierre Oulette)

May 24, 1997- 2.73 (Scott Hall, Sean Waltman, Vader Vs. Simon Diamond, Johnny Swinger, Duke Droese)

May 31, 1997- 2.79 (Rick Martel Vs. Brian Pillman)

Monday Nitro

May 5, 1997- 6.01 (Lance Storm Vs. Shane Douglas)

May 12, 1997- 6.02 (Lex Luger, Sting, Lance Storm Vs. Goldberg, Shane Douglas, Chris Candido)

May 19, 1997- 6.08 (Randy Savage Vs. Rick Steiner)

May 26, 1997- 6.05 (Ultimate Warrior Vs. Terry Gordy)

Saturday Night

May 3, 1997- 1.90 (Lance Storm Vs. Ultimo Dragon)

May 10, 1997- 1.99 (Eddie Guerrero, Rocco Rock, Johnny Grunge Vs. Terry Gordy, The Sandman, Fit Finley)

May 17, 1997- 1.91 (Booker T, Stevie Ray Vs. Jim Duggan, Sgt. Slaughter)

May 24, 1997- 1.98 (Ernest Miller Vs. Honky Tonk Man)

May 31, 1997- 1.96 (Savio Vega Vs. Spike Dudley)

Worldwide

May 4, 1997- 3.97 (Sting Vs. Chris Candido)

May 11, 1997- 3.97 (Randy Savage, Lex Luger Vs. Goldberg, Shane Douglas, Chris Candido)

May 18, 1997- 3.90 (Ultimate Warrior Vs. Steve McMichael)

May 25, 1997- Did not air

ECW Code Red

May 5, 1997- 4.28 (Taz Vs. Rhino)

May 12, 1997- 4.55 (Taz Vs. Raven Vs. Steve Corino)

May 19, 1997- 4.59 (Taz Vs. Erik Watts)

May 26, 1997- 4.54 (Rob Van Dam, Bam Bam Bigelow, Alex Porteau Vs. Ricky Morton, Robert Gibson, Stevie Richards)

Hardcore TV

May 3, 1997- 2.95 (Rhino Vs. Super Crazy)

May 10, 1997- 2.96 (Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley Vs. Bobby Eaton, Stan Lane)

May 17, 1997- 2.90 (New Jack Vs. Mike Rotundo)

May 24, 1997- 2.98 (Rob Van Dam Vs. Tito Santana)

May 31, 1997- 2.96 (Mike Awesome Vs. Rhino)

Thursday Night Jam

March 6, 1997- 1.73 (Alex Porteau Vs. Norman Smiley)

March 13, 1997- 1.70 (Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley Vs. Tom Zenk, Robert Gibson)

March 20, 1997- 1.73 (Vampiro Vs. Hillbilly Jim)

March 27, 1997- 1.74 (AJ Styles Vs. Nova)

April 3, 1997- 1.73 (Nova Vs. AJ Styles)

April 10, 1997- 1.68 (Nova Vs. AJ Styles)

April 17, 1997- 1.73 (One Man Gang Vs. Violent J)

April 24, 1997- 1.66 (Norman Smiley, Vampiro Vs. Chaz Warrington, Glen Ruth)

May 1, 1997- 1.74 (Bad News Brown, New Jack, Ronnie Garvin Vs. Steve Keirn, The Barbarian, The Warlord)

May 8, 1997- 1.69 (Mike Awesome Vs. Johnny Smith)

May 15, 1997- 1.72 (Nailz Vs. Samu)

May 22, 1997- 1.74 (Chaz Warrington Vs. Nova)

May 29, 1997- 1.66 (Mike Awesome Vs. Mike Shaw)

*USPW TNJ ratings were never posted.*

Monthly Income

May

Ticket Sales: $7,933,120

Pay Per View Revenue: $3,800,000

Sponsorship Money: $8,941,000

Merchandise Sales: $1,920,000

Total Income- $22,594,120

IPB Image

All Japan Pro Wrestling Announces This Year's Touring Roster

The following workers will be touring with All Japan Pro Wrestling.

Balls Mahoney (ECW)

Dan Severn (Free Agent)

Hiroyoshi Tenzan (ECW)

Mitsuharu Misawa (Free Agent)

New Jack (ECW/USPW)

Psychosis (Free Agent)

Ron Simmons (Free Agent)

Stevie Richards (ECW/USPW)

Other Wrestling News

- Jimmy Snuka has announced he will retire from WCW in one month.

- Mr. T has announced he will retire in one month.

- Zeus has announced he will retire in one month.

Rick Steiner's contract with WCW is running out.

Brian Knobbs' contract with WCW is running out.

Elizabeth's contract with WCW is running out.

- Hulk Hogan's return to WCW is set for later this year. Possibly at Fall Brawl. It's been heavily rumored that Hulk Hogan will not be returning with the red and yellow colors though. Whether this means WCW will do the unthinkable, And turn Hogan heel, Only time will tell. Hogan has been wanting to be more of a "bad ass" character since he feels the hero bit has run it's course. Especially since WCW fans boo the man every chance they get. Hulk Hogan has stopped working with the creative department for right now and will be resting up at home.

- WCW's ratings and attendance continue to go down. And it has been going down since March. Much like the WWF's. But WCW never seem to be able to turn things around for themselves. Since Sting became the WCW World Champion, In the opening match of Nitro on March 31st, The ratings have been steady. With the lowest rating being a 6.01 rating for the May 5th Monday Nitro. Their other shows do pretty well since it's not in competition with the WWF. The highest ratings for Nitro since March 31st have been 6.08 ratings for the April 7th, April 21st and May 19th shows. Ratings for Nitro spiked down from 6.47 in mid March and haven't gotten close to getting anywhere near ever since. WCW hopes that Sting's popularity will bring back the ratings to the 6.40 area or higher. PPV buyrates since Sting won the title have been a 1.43 for Spring Stampede and a 1.37 for Slamboree. Both featured Sting versus Scott Steiner.

- With Vince McMahon recently poking fun of WCW for their old workers on top of the card, It seems like WCW is firing back by pushing some new stars. Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio Jr., Billy Kidman, The Sandman, Goldberg, Lance Storm, Chris Candido, Konnan are all going to get big pushes. Of course, One has to wonder what will happen when the older WCW stars start to play politics.

- Interesting news, As Eric Bischoff recently contacted Ric Flair about coming back into WCW when his contract runs out with the WWF in a few months. Lets just say, The phone call between them did not end up well at all. Ric Flair is still bitter over taking a backseat to Hogan and his pals since 1994. However, Eric Bischoff announced on a WCW.com interview that he might have a huge WWF superstar coming into WCW soon enough. Bischoff also said that WCW is changing for the better and soon, They'll be the number one wrestling company in North America.

- WCW has Great American Bash on June 22nd. This is considered to be one of WCW's most promising event in quite sometime. It has a huge main event scheduled, And the undercard looks quite solid. Here is the current line up. Sting defends his WCW World Championship against Ultimate Warrior, WCW United States Champion, Diamond Dallas Page puts the title on the line against Eddie Guerrero, WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Billy Kidman defends his title against Rey Mysterio Jr. and Ultimo Dragon in a three way dance, Lex Luger battles Shane Douglas, Lance Storm faces former tag team partner, Chris Candido, Randy Savage squares off against The Giant, WCW Tag Team Champions, Road Warriors defend the titles against Big Bubba Rogers and Great Muta, Jimmy Snuka faces Goldberg and WCW Television Champion, Bryan Clark defends the title against Sabu in a street fight. Slamboree last month was a good event, And it's expected that this one will top it. The main event might not be a very good match, But it'll have the star power. And it's a match that much like the Hart/Michaels showdown, It's something fans have dreamed of for quite sometime. However, Sting and Warrior have never faced before which makes this match that much more anticipated. Jimmy Snuka's final match will be against the monster Goldberg. It's expected that Goldberg will destroy Snuka, Leading to Snuka being written out of storylines. Dennis Rodman, Reggie White, Mike Tyson, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Among others will be expected to be apart of the show in one way or another.

- ECW continue to do extremely well this year. ECW considered the 0.65 buyrate for their first PPV, Leap Of Faith a success. And their TV shows continue to do very well on NBC. It's very possible that we'll see ECW achieve higher ratings as the company keeps dishing out more and more shows. ECW has had the momentum for quite awhile, And even though ECW lost some of it's fanbase by going soft, Many continue to enjoy ECW's wrestling better than the WWF's, WCW's, USPW's and others.

- The next, And second ECW PPV, Will be Payback on June 29th. The current line up has Taz defending his ECW World Championship against Glen Ruth, Chaz Warrington and Raven in a four corners match, ECW Television Champion, Bam Bam Bigelow defends his title against Stevie Richards, ECW Tag Team Champions, Dudley Boyz defend the titles against Rock N Roll Express, Rob Van Dam, Alex Porteau and Rhino team up to go against Hayabusa, Great Sasuke and Kensuke Sasaki, Mike Awesome takes on Kurrgan, Steve Corino battles Jerry Lynn, Super Crazy goes one on one with Little Guido in a Mexican death match, Saturn battles Mike Rotundo and there will be a four way tag team elimination match between Beverly Hills Boys II, Midnight Express, Old School and The Gangstanators.

- Taz has been trying to get Winston Brynner to sign Jeff Jarrett. Taz and Jarrett had a **** + match up at the recent Zero-One tour and Taz wants to show the fans in America what both men are capable of. Chris Jericho is another man from the Zero-One tour who could make it to ECW at the request of Rob Van Dam. It'll be interesting to see if these huge free agents will make it to ECW.

- Nova will miss ECW Payback and USPW Redemption due to him being on tour with Big Japan Pro Wrestling. Nova is scheduled to battle AJ Styles on June 29th.

- ECW is thinking about bringing in a Light Heavyweight Championship to the company. If ECW did bring in a Light Heavyweight Championship, It would make their division better than the WWF's and WCW's due to them having more Light Heavyweight talent on their roster than the big two.

- If ECW goes global by the end of the year, It's expected that some of their talent will sign written deals with them. Of course, Many of their top talent won't be able to sign written deals due to them being on tour with Japan. Balls Mahoney, Bam Bam Bigelow, Bubba Ray Dudley, Chaz Warrington, D-Von Dudley, Glen Ruth, Hayabusa, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jerry Lynn, Kensuke Sasaki, Little Guido, Mike Awesome, New Jack, Nova, Rob Van Dam, Saturn, Stevie Richards and Taz wouldn't be able to sign written deals if ECW went global this year. And when their tour in Japan ends, If they don't sign up to tour again, The WWF, WCW or USPW could always snag them up on written deals.

- USPW has hit it big by becoming a national promotion, Just when months ago, It looked like they were going to go under. Their show card is unknown at the time, But fans feel that USPW really needs to hire better and younger talent. As they have alot of old veterans on their roster. And the rest of the roster, With a few names, Are mostly ECW guys who will work ECW shows instead of USPW shows when they're on the same date.

IPB Image

Vampire Zone Fighting Opens It's Doors In New York City

The newest company to open up it's door is the unique regional promotion, Vampire Zone Fighting. The promotion owned by Derek Dunne is set to have it's first show, VZF Free Fall on June 15th. Derek Dunne, A twenty eight year old, New York City native has worked as a staff member for previous promotions such as LATMF and SWF, But now, He owns the unique Vampire Zone Fighting and plans on taking his company to the top of the wrestling world. What makes this company so unique? First of all, Their shows will be run in the Mirage Nightclub in New York City at late hours. Second of all, Derek Dunne is known to be wanting to incorporate alot more of T And A into the wrestling scene. Dunne has also been known for wanting the overall wrestling scene to change into more of a hardcore and risky attitude. Dunne was quoted as saying that the other promotions like to sometimes do a little risky stuff in order to make their angles and matches seem important, But in VZF, You won't get the usual cartoon character aspect of wrestling. It'll have more attitude than any promotion in North America. Even though the company is highly risky, Dunne says that with the talent VZF has to showcase, They'll end up getting a TV deal. And eleven big signings has been made for this unique federation. Before we look at the roster, We've been told that VZF has already been getting some fans interested. Mainly former ECW fans who have turned away from the promotion due to it going "soft" like the other promotions. Many fans from other federations are also interested in seeing what the VZF will have in store. VZF has also gotten sponsors for their shows which should add money to their promotion. The VZF will have three championship belts. VZF World Heavyweight, VZF Light Heavyweight X and VZF World Tag Team. The champions will be crowned on June 15th at "Free Fall". Lets take a look at VZF's roster.

1. Bobby Duncum Jr. -The big hoss from Texas has been waiting for a chance to showcase his talent. And working for the VZF will give him the chance he's been waiting for. The second generation star didn't do much last year, But being one of VZF's biggest stars, It's likely that the hoss is lined up to become the VZF World Heavyweight Champion. Duncum Jr. is working on a open contract with the company for right now and was Derek Dunne's first wrestler to be contacted to work for the VZF. He'll be using his cowboy gimmick. Can the big hoss make an impact and catch the eyes of the fans? Will Bobby Duncum Jr. be known as a huge name years from now?

2. Tiger Ali Singh- All though in rehab, Dunne has taken a chance by hiring Tiger Ali Singh. Singh, Who was fired from the WWF over admitting to a drug problem, Is signed with VZF on a open contract. This is actually a pretty big signing for VZF since Singh is a former WWF superstar who some fans might recognize, As he was on WWF TV just this past month. It's unknown when Singh will come out of rehab, But atleast he knows he'll have a chance to play his "Hindu Hero" character with a guaranteed job waiting for him. Will Tiger Ali Singh turn his life around and make the WWF regret letting him go?

3. Nikita Koloff- In USPW, He's a non wrestler. But for VZF, He'll be wrestling as a main eventer. Koloff has decided to return to the ring for a few VZF shows, After years of not wrestling a single match. The forty forty year old veteran is lined up to wrestle for the VZF World Heavyweight Championship during the first show, All though his opponent/opponents are unknown at the time. This is one of VZF's biggest signings as Koloff wrestles for the USPW, Which has a television show on Thursday's. Can this big man bring some fans into VZF? Will he be able to work in the ring after years of being away from it?

4. Kimona- The Asian beauty signed for VZF as the first woman to join the roster. Currently working for ECW, Most fans know her as the manager of Doug Gilberg. But she won't be working as a manager in the VZF, No, She'll be working as a wrestler! She'll be working as a upper midcarder talent. This is definitely a bizarre move for VZF, As Kimona has no ring skills what so ever. What will we see happen with this young lady in the ring? We do know that she'll definitely be able to wear alot less than she does in ECW due to the riskier nature of VZF. Will she be VZF's goldmine to revolutionize the aspect of women in the wrestling world?

5. Matt Hardy- One half of the popular Hardy Boyz joins VZF. Matt Hardy, Who was let go of the WWF in April, Is currently touring with BJPW. This is also a unique change for Matt Hardy as he'll be working as a singles wrestler instead of a tag team wrestler alongside his brother Jeff. Matt Hardy has been tearing up the scene in Japan alongside his brother Jeff, And with him now joining up with VZF, Will Matt Hardy be able to become what Shawn Michaels became when he broke away from his partner? Matt is a great young Lightweight talent and could be considered a early favorite to become the VZF Light Heavyweight X Champion. All though, It's rumored that Derek Dunne might want to hire Jeff Hardy so he can have a tag team to hold the VZF World Tag Team Championship.

6. Nova- Nova, Currently wrestling for ECW, USPW, VZF and BJPW in Japan is a busy man. And even with the amazing schedule and work load this man has to go through, He still gives it all he has in every performance and has become a huge star over the past few months. Nova is being build up as VZF's biggest star and probably the most talented man on the roster as well. Nova's unique wrestling style and charisma has gotten him attention whenever he wrestles. The young daredevil could be considered a prime candidate to become the VZF Light Heavyweight X Champion, But due to him being the biggest star in the company, One would consider giving him the VZF World Heavyweight Championship. This is Derek Dunne's biggest signing as of yet due to Nova wrestling for ECW and USPW, Which have three television shows combined.

7. Doug Furnas- The second biggest star of the company is tag team specialist, Doug Furnas. All though Furnas is without his tag team partner, Phillip LaFon, It looks like he could break out into a big star even though he's had more success as a tag team wrestler than as a singles wrestler. Furnas, Who was recently let go from the WWF, Hasn't been doing much since then. But some fans will recognize him as a former WWF superstar which should get VZF some fans. Along with Nova, He's the biggest star in the company. A solid worker all around and could definitely be the first ever VZF World Heavyweight Champion. Though, Much like Matt Hardy, Furnas' tag team partner could sign with VZF.

8. Jacqueline- This lady is a tough one. She has a background in martial arts and impressed Derek Dunne enough for him to give her a spot on the roster. Jacqueline has wrestled men before and beaten them. This tough female fighting phenom is going to be tearing it up with the men in VZF. All though, A possible match with Kimona is definitely going to happen. Jacqueline is one of the few ladies in the big promotions who is trained to step inside the ring and looks to make her time count.

9. Steve Bradley- This cocky young man is a former WWF name who holds victories over Chavo Guerrero and Taka Michinoku. And he also wrestled at this year's Wrestlemania event. The young man heads into VZF to prove that he is a stand out star and a future big name in the business. Steve Bradley is another man who could become the first ever VZF Light Heavyweight X Champion. Derek Dunne has said to be very pleased with Bradley's previous work and wants to make Steve Bradley a huge star. Will his star shine in New York City? Has the WWF blown it by letting Steve Bradley go?

10. Danny Doring- Danny Doring is a former ECW wrestler. And a graduate from the ECW training camp, House of hardcore. Danny Doring is a good young talent who can certainly become the next big break out star. All he needs is the opportunity to do so. Will VZF be the place where Danny Doring becomes the next Sting or The Undertaker? Doring will definitely be a big part of the Light Heavyweight X division in VZF. And fans are looking forward to matches between Doring and his fellow Light Heavyweight X opponents in VZF.

11. Jack Victory- Jack Victory has only wrestled a few times. He's mostly worked as a manager. In VZF, He'll be stepping into the ring to gain the attention of everyone out there. Victory is a decent brawler with good charisma. Though, That doesn't sound too impressive on paper, You never know what could become of this thirty four year old star in VZF.

With a roster like this and a unique environment to hold their shows in, VZF could be the next big break out promotion in North America. And they're still looking to hire more talent. Their first show will be on June 15th. The doors open up at 10:00 PM.

Show Reports

WWF House Show from Columbus, Ohio 6/1/97

1. Rick Martel defeated WWF European Champion, Alex Wright by disqualification after Wright shoved referee Mike Chioda down. (match length- 9:05)

2. Duke Droese, Simon Diamond, Johnny Swinger and Dawn Marie defeated Born In The USA, Rocky Maivia and Sunny after Droese pinned Sunny with a roll up. (match length- 3:29)

3. WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, Chavo Guerrero defeated Nasty Mike to retain the title with the Frog Splash. (match length- 8:00)

4. Vader defeated British Bulldog in a street fight with the Vader Bomb through a trash can. (match length- 7:11)

5. WWF Tag Team Champions, The Godwinns defeated Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman to retain the titles after Phineous Godwinn pinned Benoit with the Slop Drop. (match length- 6:51)

6. Ken Shamrock defeated Hollywood Holly with the Ankle Lock. (match length- 6:44)

7. WWF Intercontinental Champion, Al Snow defeated Marc Mero to retain the title with the Snow Plow. (match length- 10:00)

8. Marty Jannetty defeated Terry Funk with a sunset flip. (match length- 4:18)

9. Shawn Michaels, Scott Hall and Bret Hart defeated Sycho Sid, Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Goldust after Scott Hall pinned Helmsley with the Outsider's Edge. (match length- 16:54)

10. WWF World Champion, The Undertaker defeated Kevin Nash to retain the title with the Tombstone. (match length- 13:19)

WCW House Show from Knoxville, Tennessee 6/1/97

1. Diamond Dallas Page won a thirty men over the top rope battle royal to earn a shot at the WCW World Championship later on in the night. Also in the battle royal, Arn Anderson, Big Bubba Rogers, Bryan Clark, Buff Bagwell, Chris Candido, Chris Chavis, Eddie Guerrero, Ernest Miller, Fit Finley, Goldberg, Great Muta, Honky Tonk Man, Jim Duggan, Konnan, Lance Storm, Lex Luger, Masahiro Chono, Randy Savage, Rick Steiner, Sabu, Savio Vega, Scott Steiner, Sgt. Slaughter, Shane Douglas, Steve McMichael, The Bootyman, The Giant, Tommy Dreamer and Ultimate Warrior. DDP eliminated Scott Steiner last. (match length- 14:17)

2. Kimberly Page defeated Debra McMichael with a Diamond Cutter. (match length- 1:30)

3. Spike Dudley defeated Terry Gordy in a hardcore rules match with the Acid Drop. (match length- 5:45)

4. WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Billy Kidman defeated Ultimo Dragon to retain the title with the Shooting Star Press. (match length- 13:37)

5. Lance Storm fought Eddie Guerrero to a time limit draw. (match length- 15:00)

6. Lex Luger defeated Chris Candido with the Torture Rack. (match length- 3:33)

7. Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated Mikey Whipwreck with the springboard hurricanrana. (match length- 7:53)

8. WCW Tag Team Champions, Road Warriors defeated Harlem Heat to retain the titles after Hawk pinned Booker T with a clothesline. (match length- 6:26)

9. Larry Zbyszko defeated Raymond Rougeau with a DDT. (match length- 2:00)

10. WCW World Champion, Sting defeated Diamond Dallas Page to retain the title with the Scorpion Deathlock. (match length- 20:09)

ECW House Show from Monaca, Pennsylvania 6/1/97

1. Midnight Express and Chris Adams defeated David Taylor, Steve Doll and Rex King after Adams pinned King with a super kick. (match length- 7:07)

2. Stevie Richards and Blue Meanie defeated Matt Borne and Glacier after Richards pinned Borne with a Stevie Kick. (match length- 2:07)

3. Erik Watts defeated Balls Mahoney with a roll up. (match length- 4:44 )

4. ECW Tag Team Champions, Dudley Boyz defeated Rock N Roll Express to retain the titles after Bubba Ray Dudley pinned Ricky Morton with a Bubba Bomb off the second turnbuckle. (match length- 12:27)

5. Mike Awesome defeated Chad Fortune with the Running Awesome Bomb. (match length- 0:50)

6. Saturn defeated John Kronus with the Rings Of Saturn. (match length- 6:39)

7. ECW Television Champion, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Great Sasuke to retain the title with a Powerbomb. (match length- 10:56)

8. Jerry Lynn defeated Hayabusa, Little Guido and Super Crazy in a four corners match after pinning Guido with the Cradle Piledriver. (match length- 13:51)

9. Kensuke Sasaki defeated Scotty Riggs with a tornado DDT. (match length- 3:40)

10. ECW World Champion, Taz defeated Raven in a hardcore rules match to retain the title with a Tazplex through a table. (match length- 15:15)

USWA House Show from Memphis, Tennessee 6/1/97

1. USWA Light Heavyweight Champion, Justin Howe defeated Daniel Morris to retain the title with the Howse Of Pain. (match length- 11:47)

2. Albert defeated Scorpio with the A-Bomb. (match length- 4:32)

3. Turbo Thompson defeated York Adams with the Final Charge. (match length- 2:30)

4. USWA Tag Team Champions, Banky Phat and Angel Jackson defeated John Tenta and Fatu to retain the titles after Jackson pinned Tenta with the Asthenia. (match length- 6:18)

5. Shadow, Chris Davis and Kamikaze defeated Steel McManus, Joe E. Legend and Darnell Porter after Shadow pinned Porter with the Shadow Splash. (match length- 8:24)

6. Shawn Stasiak defeated Steve Blackman with the Torture Rack. (match length- 5:00)

7. USWA North American Champion, Disco Inferno defeated Peter Polaco to retain the title with the Last Dance. (match length- 12:11)

8. Danny Nathans defeated Erik Holman by disqualification after Holman smashed his trombone over Nathan's head. (match length- 1:07)

9. Harris Brothers defeated Island Boyz after Don Harris pinned Ekmo with a big boot. (match length- 3:37)

10. USWA World Champion, Andrew Martin defeated Johnny Hall to retain the title with the Instant Knock Out. (match length- 10:10)

Current King Of The Ring Card

IPB Image

credit {BIG} D for the awesome banner

Date: June 22, 1997

Current Card

Bret Hart Vs. Shawn Michaels

King Of The Ring Tournament Finals

? Vs. ?

King Of The Ring Tournament Semi Finals

? Vs. ?

King Of The Ring Tournament Semi Finals

? Vs. ?

No Holds Barred Match

British Bulldog Vs. Vader

Another fantastic 'Today's Wrestling World' report. I always get a kick out of reading these things even if it doesn't always have an effect on the events in your diary. I appreciate that you take the time to cover what is going on in the other promotions. The fact you do that, is one of the main reasons I enjoy this diary. It's nice to know what the competition is doing. It's going to be interesting to see Vampire Zone Fighting actually become what ECW used to be (or maybe it'll turn out to be more like XPW).

Has your public image been dropping or is my memory just really bad? I thought you were at least flirting in the 90s and possibly even at 100 at one point. Though such things happend when you're entering into a slump. What is the state of your wrestling world right now?

Your top 5 rankings show that it's definitely time to start pushing Austin and Snow as main eventers. It's also scary to see that 3 of your top guys aren't even on the air at this point (Austin, Cactus & Hart). Either it's time to start elevating or guys like Owen need to return sooner then planned.

I can't believe that WCW still hasn't tried to raise their production values at all, yet. Maybe the computer doesn't raise until it hits the 50%?

Was Ultimate Warrior's overness even close to 100 when he left you? I thought, with his jobbing out at the end that he'd have dropped a fair bit. Has he gained a lot of overness since joining WCW?

Who is Winston Brynner? Or was he a created owner in your scenerio?

I chuckle with the thought that the 'Headbangers' are the top draws in ECW. That just doesn't seem right. That is part of the fun of having EWR Diaries because it can go against what really happend.

Headbanger mania carries over to USPW. It's good to see that the fed didn't go under. Though I'm sure the slump will spell the end of a few of these feds.

The cool thing about a 1996 scenerio is that I know almost every single wrestler in each federation. It's kind of cool seeing current WWE stars slumming it in your backyard or regional feds. I enjoy seeing now known stars being the unknowns or indy stars in your universe.

I totally forgot that Scott Taylor was injured. The lack of lightweights being use caused me to sort of just assume he was somewhere lost in the shuffle. I also totally forgot about Rocky Maivia. You haven't used in him in weeks or I totally forgot about the match.

I'm interested in the return of Jacobs. I definitely see a big push for him since he's such a monster. WWF likes the big guys in bunches. I think, a Snow feud would be a very cool thing and might even allow for some match quality to seep into a Jacobs' contest. I look forward to see how Backlund gets written out.

Great signings in Killings and Aguila. Killing should bring the much needed charisma and personality in the division. I definitely see a big push for him in store. Aquila is a nice addition because he is a luchadore and all lightweight divisions need their token luchadore. I'm sure he'll be getting a decent push because of that fact. both guys should really add to the match quality too. I look forward to both debuts.

I personally hope Owen gets an earlier return then a later. I realize the sooner the return then more likely fans realize they got jipped from the Mania stipulation. But WWf could really use another solid main event heel. Nash and Sid just aren't cutting it on top.

A Fatu and Mabel push is definitely realistic to WWF think. Especially since both those guys got hearty pushes in the real WWF on several occasions. Though I'd rather see Scorpio get himself a decent push since he can pump out decent match ratings and probably has decent charisma. I look forward to seeing all these guys called up and what gimmicks they have lined up.

It's cool to see the Gunn/Douglas similarities be addressed. Hopefully, Gunn can become a more well round gimmick. I still see him in lost in the shuffle but getting the occasional attempted push because the WWF always did that with Gunn.

Hmmmm. . . seems my original prediction was right and we do have a Henry v. Sid match in the future. Though they surprisingly pump out decent match ratings. It's funny Sid would complain about the feud after he had been asking for a match for weeks now. Silly Sid.

I think, a Mr Perfect heel turn would be a smart way to bring him back. Though now that I think about it, both Martel and Michaels could be heels real soon. In that case, it may cause a lack of faces if so many guys turn heel soon.

Has any reader actually predicted Al Snow as a KOTR winner? Did you just toss him in a poll because 'fans' would predict for him?

Is Regal's physical condition rating low? Or have you given him the back injury due to the type of shape he was in during the real WCW at that time?

Promises of an extended Godwinns push is a scary thing. We need another hoss team in order to divert McMahon's attention. Oh well, let's all enjoy as the tag title image continues to plummet.

The constant Creative Team assurance that the lightweights will be focused upon soon reminds me eerily of the Ross Reports where JR kept saying the lightweights needed more focus on them. Maybe it'll really happen this time. It helps that you are a Chavo fan thus probably want to give him some kind of push. I- do look forward to the Hakushi v. Chavo feud or series.

I eagerly look forward to the Kanyon & Holly tag team. It'll be great to see Kanyon in the ring again. Kanyon's status with the company should guarantee that the team gets a decent shot at a push.

Hmmm. . . does the disappiontment in the 'Takers reign show the sign of an upcoming title change? This is the second time that disappiontment has been mentioned concerning the 'Taker. Any time WWF ends up blaming the champ then it usually leads to a title change. Then again, it is the 'Taker who usually would get more leeway then another champ due to his loyalty. It should be interesting to see if 'Taker can make it past KOTR especially since I don't see any worthy challenger to take the strap at this point. I still think a heel Michaels v. 'Taker at Summerslam would do big business.

Hmmm. . . world title gets the backseat at a second straight PPV. Maybe 'Taker's run is doomed afterall.

Yikes! Ahmed v. Yoko can garner come scary match quality results. But I'm sure Vince can hardly contain his excitement with the thoughts of this upcoming clash in the fall.

Cornette being brought back is obviously a great idea. You can attach him to a talented star or a big hoss who lacks any kind of charisma. If done right, Cornette can lead the man right to the main event. Is Cornette's overness fairly high?

It's always comical seeing non wrestling/celebrities like Mr. T or Zeus announce their impending retirement. I'm sure wrestling fans are crying all over the world with such high profile careers ending. On the other hand, Snuka will free up an uppercard spot in WCW now.

I think, you should go with the Hogan heel turn in WCW. I'm pretty sure it's something WCW would do at this point. They are down in the ratings against WWF and thus would resort to something drastic to get people speaking. They did it so many times throughout the years with doing major heel turns with top faces. Besides, at this point WCW would try to do something major to turn the tide if they can't sign a top star from WWF then they would do a major turn like this. Of course, Hogan would then immediately have to win the title back.

Hopefully, WWF keeps Flair around. Flair still has a lot of value to be had in the WWF. Especially since he is 100 over and has massive charisma. Besides, the Austin v. Flair program could be something fun to watch.

Warrior v. Sting would definitely pop a buyrate for WCW. Though I wouldn't want to see '97 Warrior in a match with almost anyone though Sting could be the guys to pull a good match out of him.

Will Taz be able to handle the fury of the Headbangers at Payback!!! Chazmania will run wild!!!

What lightweight are in ECW at this point? I'm curious after you mentioned they have a better roster then the big two.

I really enjoyed the preview of VZF. It was cool to see a run down of all the talent that has been signed. I enjoy the fact you put some work into an article on a organization that isn't yours. It helps making the universe seem more realistic if we know what is going on around the WWF.

I look forward to Raw! I think, a lot of exciting things are coming ahead!