World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

IPB Image

Credit KillingsVSCena for the logo

Date: May 9, 1997

We're coming to you just nine days away from In Your House "Unfinished Business". And tonight, One of the men who'll enter the first ever Hell In The Cell match will be in action. In tonight's huge main event, The biggest main event in Friday Night Mayhem history, We'll see the former WWF Champion, And one of the most popular wrestlers in all of the WWF, The "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels face the '96 King Of The Ring winner and former WWF Intercontinental Champion, Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Last year we saw both these men have some classic battles. Helmsley also holds a win over Shawn Michaels! Tonight they'll battle one more time. No titles on the line, Just another classic battle between two of the greatest wrestlers in the WWF. Which man will score the win tonight? Will Shawn Michaels' fate before Hell In The Cell be Helmsley's Pedigree? Or will Helmsley taste Sweet Chin Music? With Helmsley now having to worry about having to face Ken Shamrock at In Your House, Will that lead to his downfall? This should be a great match between. This is no doubt the biggest main event in the history of Friday Night Mayhem.

Scott Hall is heading into In Your House to team up with a former friend of his, Sean Waltman. We've seen that friendship turn sour over the last few years. Tonight we'll be hearing from the lone wolf. What will the former WWF Champion have to say after Commissioner Rick Rude has forced him to team up with Waltman at In Your House to face Vader and British Bulldog? After he and Waltman got beat down twice by Bulldog and Vader, What will Scott Hall have to say?

After the comments made by Shawn Michaels this past Friday night, What will Bret "The Hitman" Hart have to say? What will Bret Hart have to say another person who's been hanging around him, Rick Martel?

Matches For Friday Night Mayhem

Bret Hart Vs. Duke "The Money Maker" Droese

Bret Hart was victorious in the six men tag team match on Monday Night Raw. But tonight he faces one of the best the WWF has, Duke Droese. Droese has been on quite a winning streak since becoming a member of The Money Mine. Can Duke Droese pick up the win tonight over the former three time WWF Champion? Or will Bret Hart score the big win?

The Godwinns Vs. PG-13

Two of the best tag teams in the WWF go at it tonight. The Godwinns made their shocking return last Friday night and laid down the challenge for the WWF Tag Team Champions, Benoit and Pillman. The Godwinns also accidentally cost Bart Gunn and The Patriot their title match against Benoit and Pillman this past Monday night. It's big return to the ring for The Godwinns, But can they defeat PG-13?

Al Snow Vs. Hollywood Holly

Al Snow heads into In Your House "Unfinished Business" to challenge Steve Austin for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. But tonight he must face another man who's been climbing to the top of the WWF, Hollywood Holly. With Chris Kanyon in his corner as his manager, Hollywood has beaten the very best in the WWF. Can he defeat Al Snow tonight? Or will Al Snow continue his path of destruction as he heads to face the man who betrayed him?

Kevin Nash Vs. Mark Henry

Kevin Nash only has one thing in mind, Winning the WWF Championship next Sunday night. But with the huge match stacked in front of him tonight, Nash might not make it to In Your House. This is a match that could instantly make Henry into a main eventer. Will Mark Henry be able to defeat the genetic wonder? Or will Kevin Nash pick up the huge victory? This should be a great contest between two great stars.

Shawn Michaels Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

This one should be a classic main event. It's the biggest main event in the history of Friday Night Mayhem. Can Shawn Michaels pick up the victory as he heads into Hell In The Cell to battle Cactus Jack? Or will Hunter Hearst Helmsley pick up another win over Michaels? These men have had some great matches in the past, Tonight, They'll be go at it one more time in the biggest main event in the history of Friday Night Mayhem. You won't wanna miss Michaels versus Helmsley tonight.

IPB Image

Channel: UPN

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: May 9, 1997

Attendance: 8,017

Ticket Sales: $320,680

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Mr. Hart Did Not Appreciate Your Comments

Out comes Bret "The Hitman" Hart to a huge ovation from the crowd. Bret Hart comes down to the ring in his ring attire, As he's set to wrestle right now! Hart enters the ring and does his usual posing, But then, He grabs the microphone. The fans are cheering Bret Hart on, Going wild for "The Hitman".

Bret Hart- You know, This past Monday night on Monday Night Raw, I teamed up with two men, One of them being Rick Martel, (big pop from the crowd) And Shawn Michaels. (even bigger pop from the crowd) And before the match took place, Shawn Michaels came out to the ring and he started talking some trash about me. (mixed reaction from the fans) Shawn Michaels, Lets get something straight "boy toy", You were a fraud as the WWF Champion! (mixed reaction from the fans) You know damn well that you ducked my challenges because you know that you cannot beat me! (mixed reaction from the fans) You never once gave me a rematch for the title, And you knew it was because if the rematch ever happened, You knew you couldn't beat me. You knew that Wrestlemania was a fluke win. It was a lucky night for you, (mixed reaction from the fans) You went out there and defended the title against Nash, Bulldog, Owen, Vader, And countless others, But never once did you give me my rematch. And your excuse was always due to me not being able to become the number one contender. Well, When I came close to getting my title shots, I always got screwed one way or another! (mixed reaction from the fans) And the attention people gave you, Calling you the greatest WWF Champion of all time made me sick! (mixed reaction from the fans) You never defended the title with the class I defended it with. I went out there each and every night, Sick, Broken bones, It didn't matter to me. I defended that title against everyone and anyone who wanted a shot. I didn't duck any challenges like you! (mixed reaction from the fans) Shawn Michaels, I know you're tied up at the moment, And I'm hoping you survive Hell In The Cell, Because then, And only then, I will come down to this ring and challenge you for our big rematch! (huge ovation from the crowd, the announcers are going crazy) You've ducked my challenges for too long, Now, It's time for it to finally happen. And I know Cactus Jack has got Terry Funk watching his back for Hell In The Cell, But if you need someone to make sure you're still able to walk after In Your House, Who knows? Maybe I'll be there for you. Lets see after the Hell In The Cell is done and over with to see what your excuse for ducking my challenges will be. You're no longer the WWF Champion, And you say you're ending this feud with Cactus Jack once and for all, So that leaves you to finish some business with me. But I know you're here tonight, And I know you got Helmsley tonight, But if you're a big enough man, Come on down here and accept my challenge. I don't care if it's the night after In Your House, The week after In Your House, Whatever! As long as I get you in the ring, I'll...................................

Bret's interrupted, But, It's not Shawn Michaels' music that hits the arena, No, It's Rick Martel's! Martel comes out to a big ovation from the crowd. Martel's wearing a nice black suit, And a pair of dark sunglasses. Martel enters the ring and shoves Bret aside, Doing a pose to pyro going off. Bret Hart doesn't look too happy as Martel is handed a microphone. Martel smiles and gives Bret a hug. Martel backs off and poses for a bit, Bret waits, Getting more and more inpatient.

Rick Martel- Hello to all my beautiful fans in Indianapolis, Indiana! (huge ovation from the fans) It's the one and the only, Always winning, Always scoring, Always handsome, And always outdoing everyone else, Mr. Friday Night himself, Rick "I'm the greatest ever, Don't you wish you could be me?" Martel! (huge ovation from the fans) And Bret, I'm slightly disappointed in you my friend. You come out here and talk about Shawn Michaels, Who cares about him? (the crowd gives a mixed reaction) I mean, Sure, He's decent in the ring and all, But he's no Rick Martel! (the crowd gives a mixed reaction) Sure, Shawn Michaels versus Bret Hart is a match everyone has been waiting to see, (in a obnoxious tone) Again! But there's a match much bigger the crowd wants to see, And that one is Rick Martel against Bret Hart! (big pop from the crowd) See, Since returning to the WWF over one year ago, I've faced Shawn Michaels, I've faced Owen Hart, Vader, Scott Hall, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, And what have you, But there's one man I have not faced since my comeback, And that man is you! Just think about how huge Martel versus Hart is going to be!

Bret Hart- If you want a match with me, I accept. It'll be a honor to face you in the ring one on one.

Rick Martel- Of course it'll be a honor for you to face me one on one, I'm Rick Martel! And damn it, I'm a legend! (big pop from the crowd) I know we've had matches in the past, And sure, You did beat me a few times, But I wasn't on my A game then, Know what I mean? Sure you do, I mean, You weren't on your A game when Shawn Michaels super kicked the crap outta you were you?

Bret Hart- (obviously annoyed) Rick, When do you want the match to take place?

Rick Martel- What better place for our match to take place then at In Your House "Unfinished Business" on May 18th? You and I one on one nine days from now. What do you say Bret? Will we tear down the house on May 18th?

Bret Hart- You want it? You got it Rick! We'll put on a hell of a show nine days from now! (big pop from the crowd)

Rick Martel- That's good to hear, Just remember, After I beat you, Don't go around crying and whining like you do now, It's just not cool man.

Martel pats Bret in the back and goes over to the announce position as Duke Droese's music begins to play.

Bret Hart Vs. Duke "The Money Maker" Droese with Dawn Marie

Great match up here. The crowd was definitely into this encounter, But the best part wasn't the ring action, It was Rick Martel over at the announce position with the announcers. Martel made several funny comments about Bret Hart and the other WWF superstars, When asked about his shady wins over the last couple of weeks by Coachman, Martel said "It's not cheating unless you get caught, That's what my daddy taught me!" Bret Hart started off by out wrestling Droese and attempting the Sharpshooter early on, But Droese kept fleeing the ring and running away from Hart. Hart got annoyed several times and finally went out to the floor to fight Droese. But after being sent into the steel steps by Droese, Droese took advantage of the match up. Droese picked up a few near falls over Hart at ringside, With each time Hart kept kicking out, Martel kept saying he'd kick out at one, Or he wouldn't even be taken down by that "chubby redneck" Duke Droese even delivered the Money Compactor to "The Hitman", But Bret was able to somehow kick out. Bret then made the comeback and after coming off the second ropes with the elbow drop to Droese's heart, Bret called for the Sharpshooter. Bret went for the Sharpshooter, But Dawn Marie got up on the apron. Hart went to confront her, But Martel got up off of his seat and pulled her off the apron! Martel then kissed Dawn Marie! While this was going on, Droese delivered a big DDT to Hart for a near fall. After kissing Dawn Marie, Martel shoved her to the ground. Droese got distracted by this, And when he turned around, Hart took him down to the canvas by both legs and applied the Sharpshooter to Droese! Droese tried to fight out of it, But he had nowhere to go and ended up tapping out!

After the match ended, Droese and Dawn Marie headed to the back while Martel entered the ring and started posing. Hart tried to confront Martel over his meddling, But Martel told him to cool it and started posing again. Martel looked at the camera and yelled "she wants me, she wants me bad!"

80, 79, 82 ***

Will It Be Hell In The Cell?

We cut to the back where we see Cactus Jack and Terry Funk standing by, Jack is pacing around while Funk begins to speak.

Terry Funk- (shouting) You know what you have to do? Don't ya? (Jack continues pacing) You have to massacre that man! You have to destroy him! Make him bleed worse than I did at Wrestlemania! You have to hurt him Jack! Make sure he never walks again! You gotta make sure these people never see him after Hell In The Cell! You gotta hurt him like he's never been hurt before. Do whatever it takes! When you look at that man, You'll have to vision your parents! The pain they caused you Jack! The fights between them! The black eyes your mom always had! The way your parents looked you, The lies! You had to witness your parents beat the holy hell out of each other, And when you'd go to get away, When you'd go to school, You'd get bullied each and everyday! But then, You fought back! You broke arms, Fingers, Legs, Whatever it took to get them to stop picking on you. And when you got older? What did you do? What happened to mom and dad? That's what you need to do. Shawn Michaels will never understand us, We've tried, But he won't understand the darkness in our souls. So what I'm telling you to do is to finish that man off and find someone else. The WWF has plenty of dark souls and we'll find someone just like us.

Cactus stops pacing and shakes his head. He looks at the camera.

Cactus Jack- Shawn, I tried to make you understand, But you couldn't see things my way. So what I'm gonna do next Sunday night, Is I'm going to enter the Hell In The Cell, The doors will be shut, Only you and I are going to be in that ring, And after I'm done with you, You'll turn out like sweet mommy and daddy. Every man has more than one side to themselves, I have a few, But the one you'll get to see inside the Hell In The Cell is the man who will take you to hell and back, Hell will be inside the cell, And after we're done, You'll be sitting at home for good.

Cactus Jack has a sick smile on his face as Funk smiles. We fade to a commercial break.

Terry Funk gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Godwinns Vs. PG-13

PG-13 have bad morale since Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon have been let go. The crowd was dead here, Not even popping for either team. And PG-13, Especially Wolfie D, Looked like he could care less about the match. Then again, If I was wrestling The Godwinns, I wouldn't exactly have a big smile on my face either. The Godwinns dominated the match giving PG-13 little offense, Or poorly selling their offense. The two hog farmers tossed the rappers around the ring a few times and send them out to the floor. They brawled out on the floor with the two rappers barely getting any offense in on what Coachman calls one of the greatest tag teams in the WWF. The Godwinns didn't look any good here, And looked like they barely improved from their trip to USWA. The ending comes when Phineous sends JC Ice out to the floor, Leaving Wolfie D in the ring to suffer the Slop Drop from Henry, To give The Godwinns the win.

After the match ended, The Godwinns don't get to celebrate, As Benoit and Pillman come running down from the back with their titles. They nail Henry and Phineous with the titles to the back of the head right from behind! Benoit and Pillman stomp away on The Godwinns, But then, The Patriot and Bart Gunn come running down from the back! Gunn and Patriot enter the ring and send Benoit and Pillman out to the floor with a pair of clothesline! The Godwinns then jump Gunn and Patriot! Both teams get into it with Benoit and Pillman joining in! All three teams get into a wild brawl as referees and road agents rush down from the back. We go to a commercial break with the wild brawl taking place.

64, 62, 66 *

Wolfie D was sluggish and didn't put much effort in.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Al Snow Vs. Hollywood Holly with Chris Kanyon

Good match up here. It's amazing to see Al Snow getting a huge reaction from the crowd, When one year ago he was feuding with the likes of the Smoking Gunns. Steve Austin was shown watching from the back. During the match, They announced Austin versus Snow would be a no disqualification match for In Your House "Unfinished Business". Hollywood looked good against Snow, A man who could be a future WWF Champion. Snow started off out wrestling Hollywood and then gaining several near falls over Hollywood. Kanyon interfered several times behind the referee's back, Once sending Snow into the steel steps and then breaking his crutch over the back of Snow. Hollywood Holly picked up some very close near falls over Al Snow. Hollywood Holly looked like he had the win a few times, But he'd stop to pose while Kanyon would snap pictures with a camera he brought to ringside. Hollywood Holly made the big mistake when he delivered the Hollywood Slam to Snow, But instead of going for the cover, Hollywood Holly lifted Snow up and slammed Snow down. Hollywood went up top, And took very long before coming off the top attempting a leg drop, But Snow moved out of the way just in time to avoid Hollywood! Snow made the comeback and delivered two German suplexes to Hollywood, Following up with a third release German suplex. Snow picked up a very close near fall on Hollywood with a top rope moonsault, But Hollywood Holly somehow kicked out. Snow called for the Snow Plow, But Kanyon got up on the apron. Snow quickly super kicked Kanyon off the apron, With Kanyon selling it like he died. When Snow turned around, Hollywood delivered a huge drop kick for a two count. Hollywood lifted Snow up and attempted the Hollywood Slam, But Snow countered and finished Hollywood off with the Snow Plow to get the win.

After the match ended, Hollywood and Kanyon headed to the back while Steve Austin showed up on top of the stage. Snow and Austin locked eyes and stared each other down as we went to a commercial break with Coachman and Lawler hyping their match at In Your House "Unfinished Business" as the match to end it all.

78, 80, 74 **1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Rick Rude Stacks The Odds Against The Champion

We return from the commercial break with one of the men who has a chance to become the WWF Champion next Sunday night, Sycho Sid making his way down to the ring to boos from the fans. Sid enters the ring and grabs the microphone from the Fink.

Sycho Sid- (shouting) Kevin Nash! Undertaker! You two wanna mess with the master and the ruler of the world? You want to screw me over Nash? Undertaker, You wanna cause me to get super kicked? Well, The voices are telling me not to wait for In Your House! The voices are telling me to destroy the both of you right here tonight! (whispering) Undertaker, You're the reason I got super kicked this past Monday night. And Nash, You left me out to dry. And they're telling me not to wait for next Sunday night. They're telling me to come get some of the both of you right now! (big pop from the crowd who wanna see the big showdown) I will win the WWF Championship in just nine days, And after I become the World Wrestling Federation Champion, You two will know why I am the master and the ruler of the world. I..................

Kevin Nash's music hits the arena to a mixed reaction from the crowd, Some boo since they hate Nash, While others cheer, Who don't wanna hear Sid anymore. Nash comes walking down from the back with a serious look on his face. Before the big man can enter the ring, Commissioner Rick Rude's music begins to play to boos from the crowd. Rude comes walking down to the ring with a angry look on his face. Rude enters the ring and stands in front of Sid. Rude tells Nash to enter and he does. Rude stands in front of both Nash and Sid, Who try to get to each other, But are held back by Rude. Rude grabs Sid's microphone.

Rick Rude- You two better stop it! There will no fighting between the two of you tonight! (huge chorus of boos from the fans) You two think you're going to ruin next Sunday's triple threat match with your petty fighting? See, You two are smart men! You shouldn't be fighting each other! You should be fighting The Undertaker! You two are at a disadvantage in the triple threat match! Your hatred for each other is going to cost you two the WWF Championship! Think about it, Nash, Last month you had the title in the palm of your hands, But thanks to Bearer and the urn, You lost! (big pop from the crowd) And Sid, If you think you're going to be able to win that title by yourself, You're going to end up getting a big surprise at In Your House. It's a triple threat match, But who says you two can't work together? Who says that the title can't go to the better man? Normally, The winner would be the man who scores the first pin fall or submission, But not next Sunday night! It'll be a triple threat elimination match! Undertaker will have to pin the both of you next Sunday night to keep the title. And do you think he'll be able to do that if the two of you work side by side? Think about it Sid, You want Nash? How about you two destroy The Undertaker first? Nash, You want Sid? First, Get the belt off of the deadman. Look, You two eliminate The Undertaker and then you two can fight for the title! Nash, Sid, Next Sunday night one of you will stand with the WWF Championship around his waist............. If you play it smart. Put aside this petty fighting for nine days. Only nine days. Destroy The Undertaker next Sunday night and take his title. Work together, I beg you two to work together and get the title off of The Undertaker. Come on! One of you will be the WWF Champion. But do you think it'll happen if you two aren't working side by side?

Nash and Sid stare each other down. Rude yells at them to shake hands and after a few seconds, They do! The fans boo as Rude raises both men's arms high in the air.

Rick Rude- That's what I like to see! Undertaker, They'll eliminate you next Sunday night and then they'll take your title! One of these men will be the next WWF Champion! I...............

Rude is interrupted by the tolls of the bell! The Undertaker's music then plays to a huge ovation from the crowd. And out comes The Undertaker! The Undertaker looks ready for a fight! The Undertaker enters the ring and grabs Rude by the throat! Before he can Choke Slam Rude, Nash and Sid jump him! Undertaker starts nailing both men with right hands, But the odds are against him! Nash and Sid pummel Undertaker into the corner! Both men run down The Undertaker with right hands as Rude looks on. Sid sends Undertaker to the opposite corner and runs down Undertaker with a clothesline! Sid then sends Undertaker right into a big boot from Kevin Nash! Undertaker looks to be out of it! Nash stands Undertaker up and Sid grabs Undertaker by the throat. Sid shouts at Undertaker before lifting him up high in the air and choke slamming The Undertaker! Nash then pulls The Undertaker up and delivers the Jackknife Powerbomb to The Undertaker! Rude says that they're not done! Sid pulls Undertaker up and delivers a Powerbomb of his own to The Undertaker! Rude calls for someone to come down from the back. We cut to a commercial break with Nash, Rude and Sid standing over The Undertaker.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Kevin Nash with Sycho Sid and Commissioner Rick Rude Vs. Mark Henry

They showed what happened during the break, A bunch of heel wrestlers came down to the ring and carried The Undertaker to the back. We return with the action already taking place. Bad match here, But Henry hasn't been carried to anything good since coming to the WWF. Henry knocked down Nash several times with clotheslines and right hands. Sid tried to help out Nash, But Henry decked him off of the apron and then went outside after Sid and send Sid into the steel ring post. Nash tried to get control of the match out on the floor, But Henry send Nash into the steel steps and then slammed Nash onto the guardrail! Then, Out of nowhere, Rick Rude grabbed a steel chair and cracked Henry over the back! Referee Monty Davidson pretended like he didn't see it and lifted the protective mats off of the floor! Sid grabbed Henry by the throat and Choke Slammed Henry on the exposed floor! Nash entered the ring while Sid rolled Henry into the ring. Referee Monty Davidson entered the ring as Nash put his foot over Henry's chest, But only got two! Rude threw the steel chair into the ring for Nash. Nash grabbed the chair and when Henry got up, Nash drilled Henry with a huge chair shot to the head! Nash dropped the chair down and covered Henry for the win!

Nash didn't stop there, After the match ended, Monty Davidson lifted Henry up, Allowing Nash to drill Henry with a shot to the head! Sid entered the ring and he and Nash started putting the boots to Henry. Rude smiled from the outside as Coachman said that each and everyone of Rude's plans have worked out since he became Commissioner. Coachman then wondered if Nash or Sid would leave with the WWF Championship next Sunday night. Lawler said that with it now being a triple threat elimination match, And that not only would Monty Davidson more than likely be the referee, But with Nash and Sid working together, It's a safe bet that The Undertaker would lose the strap.

81, 88, 68 *3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Will They Be Able To Stand Side By Side?

Scott Hall makes his way down from the back as we return from the break. The fans give Hall a huge ovation as he enters the ring and poses. Hall is handed a microphone and waits for the crowd to quiet down before speaking.

Scott Hall- Hey yo............. (huge ovation from the crowd) You know, Next Sunday night I gotta team up with a man I can't really stand anymore, A former friend of mine, The little rat bastard who turned his back on me, Sean Waltman. (big pop from the crowd) Whatever. You people pay, So you should cheer and boo for whoever you want. Even though Waltman is a sorry ass rat bastard. (mixed reaction from the crowd) Waltman, Lets make something clear, I don't like you little man. I don't respect you much either. You're one hell of a competitor, One of the best I been in there against, But my opinion of you is very poor. We used to be tight, But you sold me out. You turned your back on me for money. (the fans boo) And just because we gotta tag up with each other to face Bulldog and Vader, Don't mean I'm gonna be inviting you to come down to Miami with me bro to have a few beers or to play cards, Got it? I ain't gonna be hanging around with you or anything. We're gonna be tagging up, But act up and I'm gonna have to be forced to smack you back down. (mixed reaction from the crowd) Sean Waltman, You do you part in the match and I'll do mine. And you better not be screwing up like you did on Monday night. Kick me in the face again and I'll slap those teeth right outta your mouth. I'm sure you don't regret kicking me in the face, And to tell you the truth, I could have cared less about knocking you out with a right hand. And Rick Rude, You can play games with me all you want to keep me out of the title picture, But the fact is, I'm gonna beat both of your muscles for hire with or without the little rat bastard. And then, I'm taking what's mine. I'm taking back my WWF Championship! I...............

Sean Waltman's music plays, Interrupting Scott Hall. Hall does not look happy as Waltman makes his way down to the ring. Waltman enters the ring and is handed a microphone. He and Scott Hall stand face to face with one another.

Scott Hall- What do you want? I didn't ask you to come on down here?

Sean Waltman- I do what I want, When I want! (big pop from the crowd) I don't need you to come on down here and tell me what to do. You wanna whine about me kicking you on Monday night, What about you? You punched me right in the face!

Scott Hall- And don't think I'll hesitate to do it again kid!

Sean Waltman- You come out here and call me a rat bastard, If I remember correctly, A few months ago you were running around here crying and whining how no one gave a damn about you. You remember that? You returned and cried and whined about the fans not sending you cards, letters, whatever. And now that you're no longer the WWF Champion, You come out here and suck up to the people? Talk about a dirty rat bastard right there! (mixed reaction from the crowd)

Scott Hall- Hey, I never asked the people to cheer me. They can do whatever they want. And you wanna talk about being a little rat, Who's the one who turned on me? The man who joined the corporation for money? And we might have to be tagging up next Sunday night, But we never did get our match last week. And you know what I'm thinking? Maybe Sean Waltman and Scott Hall should settle this right now! (big pop from the crowd)

Sean Waltman- Hey, You don't need to tell me twice! Don't sing it, Bring it!

Both men stand face to face, And Hall shoves Waltman into the ropes! Waltman nails Hall with a right hand! Both men are slugging it out! Hall tackles Waltman down to the canvas! Hall's on top of Waltman and nails Waltman with right hands to the face! Waltman counters and mounts Hall! Waltman nails Hall with right hands! Out comes referees and road agents to pull both men apart! Hall and Waltman try to get to each other, But the music of the British Bulldog begins to play. Hall and Waltman stand back as Bulldog and Vader are shown standing on top of the stage.

British Bulldog- Look at them Vader, Both men fighting like cats and dogs. How do they think they're going to be able to beat us when they're out there fighting like two school girls? Sean Waltman, Scott Hall, Commissioner Rick Rude has sent us to destroy the two of you. You two don't respect the Commissioner or his rules, So at In Your House, You two are going to have to learn a lesson. You two can't go running around, Defying Rick Rude's authority! And at In Your House, We're going to beat you two within a inch of your life's to make you realize that! (the crowd boos) You two can't even get along for three minutes, How can you beat us? Vader and I are going to make you respect Commissioner Rick Rude after In Your House is done and over with.

Vader- Scott Hall, Sean Waltman, You two better be ready for next Sunday night. Because Bulldog and myself have strict orders to destroy the both of you! And that's what we're going to do to the two of you. It's gonna be Vader time on both of you at In Your House!

British Bulldog- You two won't be bothering Rick Rude after In Your House!

Bulldog and Vader pose on the stage as their music plays. Waltman and Hall are still held apart and stare each other down. Bulldog and Vader head to the back as the Commissioner is shown watching from the back with a smile on his face.

British Bulldog lost overness from this segment.

Scott Hall lost overness from this segment.

Helmsley Wants A Favor

Backstage, We see Hunter Hearst Helmsley walking around in the back. Helmsley opens the door that has Goldust's name on it and enters the dressing room. We see Goldust laying down on a couch reading a WWF magazine while Marlena sits in her chair smoking a cigar. Goldust looks up at Helmsley and has a big smile on his face.

Goldust- Hunter, My man, What's up?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- You know, The only reason I have to step into the ring with that mad man Ken Shamrock is your fault. I'm such a good friend that on Monday night, When he had you in the ankle lock, I didn't let him snap your leg in half. I accepted his challenge even though I didn't need to. You owe me big time Goldust.

Goldust- You're right, And I thank you. So what do you need friend?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Well, I'm stuck fighting Shamrock at In Your House, But tonight I gotta face Shawn Michaels. And Goldust, I think the guy is going to try to kill me out there. I mean, He's got this whole hell in the cell thing on his mind, Plus, He's jealous of me. The guy is a bit off if you know what I mean. I need someone to watch my back if you get the drift. Shawn Michaels belongs into a mental home, Who knows what he's going to try out there with me?

Goldust- Don't worry about it brother, I'll have your back tonight. That crazy heart breaker won't get his hands on you.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- That's what I like to hear, Just do what you have to do to make sure Michaels doesn't end up kicking me in the face, Understand? I got some plans for this weekend and I don't need to show up with a bruised jaw.

Goldust- Don't worry about it Hunter, Tonight you'll defeat HBK. You'll pin him one, two, three. And afterwords, We'll all go out for cake and ice cream!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Whatever. Just make sure I win. Understand?

Helmsley goes to leave the dressing room, But Goldust stands up and stops him. Goldust shakes Helmsley's hand and hugs him. Helmsley has a weird look on his face and pats Goldust in the back. Helmsley then leaves.

Goldust- He's so weird at times isn't he? I guess he was never hugged enough as a child.

Goldust gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Sycho Sid staggers right into HBK's Sweet Chin Music! (Monday Night Raw 5/5/97)

Shawn Michaels Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Excellent match up here between these two Cliquesters. It went on for about fifteen minutes or so. It seems like any combination of Clique members against each other turns out to be a good match, And this one was a great match up with the crowd going crazy. Hunter Hearst Helmsley has really come a long way since last year, And the crowd definitely loves to boo this man. Shawn Michaels, On the other hand, Continues to be one of the most popular wrestlers in the entire world. Coachman and Lawler kept hinting the possible rematch between Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels that's going to take place. But first, Michaels has got to get through Hell In The Cell. Both men started off exchanging near falls and holds, With Helmsley out wrestling Michaels and then taunting HBK. Michaels took control after that after sending Helmsley out to the floor with a pair of head scissors and following up with a dive off the ropes to Helmsley. Both men got into it on the outside, With Helmsley sending Michaels into the steel steps and following up by dropping Michaels across the steel guardrail. Inside the ring, Helmsley picked up several near falls over Michaels, Almost putting Michaels away with the high knee to the face. Goldust was shown watching from the back with Marlena several times, Cheering on Helmsley. Helmsley ended up going for the Pedigree, But Michaels countered and catapulted Helmsley into the turnbuckles! Michaels followed up with the forearm shot and nipped up. Michaels made the big comeback and started gaining several quick near falls on Helmsley. Michaels, After gaining near falls on Helmsley, Slammed Helmsley down to the canvas and headed up top. Michaels came off the top with the elbow drop right to the heart of Helmsley. Michaels then went to the corner and started to tune up the band! When Helmsley got up, Michaels went for Sweet Chin Music, But Helmsley ducked. Helmsley kicked Michaels in the midsection and went for the Pedigree, But Michaels countered and back dropped Helmsley! Both men got up to their feet with Michaels drilling Helmsley with Sweet Chin Music! Michaels covered Helmsley to score the big win!

After the match ended, The announcers wondered why Goldust didn't come out to help Helmsley. We were then shown on the video screen, Ken Shamrock assaulting Goldust backstage! Goldust is down on the floor with Shamrock hitting him with a steel chair time and time again!

91, 93, 89 ****

Nine Days Away

Helmsley is helped to the back as Michaels stays in the ring and poses. The crowd then boos as Terry Funk comes running down from the back with a steel chair in hand! Funk enters the ring and swings the chair like a mad man, But Michaels super kicks the chair right into his face! Before Michaels can finish off Funk, Funk slides out of the ring! Funk starts running to the back! Michaels chases Funk! Both men are on top of the stage and Michaels runs down Funk with a clothesline! The crowd then boos as Cactus Jack sneak attacks Michaels from behind with a clothesline! Funk stands up and lifts Michaels up. Cactus Jack starts to hammer away on Michaels with right hands! Jack grabs Michaels and plants Michaels with a DDT right on the steel staging! Funk and Jack lift Michaels' lifeless body up and then toss Michaels off the top of the stage right onto the floor below! Coachman is going nuts, Yelling for paramedics to come on out to check on Michaels. Friday Night Mayhem goes off the air with Funk and Jack smiling and laughing like mad men as the shot of Michaels down on the floor below is shown.

Cactus Jack lost overness from this segment.

Overall Rating- 80

TV Rating- 7.23

News

- Doug Furnas, Phillip LaFon, and Ted DiBiase were all released from their contracts.

- Friday Night Mayhem

- May 9, 1997

- LIVE from Indianapolis, Indiana

- Jonathan Coachman and Jerry "The King" Lawler are your hosts.

- Show opens up with Bret coming out and talking about HBK. He basically says he got insulted, and Michaels dodged him. The crowd were pretty torn here, as both men are top face in the WWF. Hart calls out HBK, but here comes Rick Martel. He says he wants to face Bret Hart, and than finds ways of insulting both men. Bret accepts, and here comes Duke for their match.

- Bret Hart Vs. Duke "The Money Maker" Droese with Dawn Marie. Good crowd here, and Rick Martel was pretty funny on commentary. Duke is carried well here, and almost gets a win, but Hart beats him after some interference by Martel. Martel ignores Hart's hate, and the crowd love it.

- The crazy old man yells at Jack, and he basically says he's going to kill Shawn Michaels. After this much build up, there isn't much more for him to say now is there?

- The Godwinns Vs. PG-13. The Godwinns STILL suck here, and PG-13 do not look happy at all out there. Since their buddies Furnas and LaFon got released, they have been a bit angry. I don't think jobbing to the Godwinns will help matters. Coachman doesn't shut up about the Godwinns, and for the life of me I do not understand why McMahon likes them at all. One of them wins with a slop drop, but this match brings the suck. I mean, this would be a bad match on RSN!

- Al Snow Vs. Hollywood Holly with Chris Kanyon. We go from bad to good, as Al Snow is sickeningly over. To think, a year ago he was wrestling a Shinobi the Ninja. Holly is no slouch either, and he gets some decent heat as he gets carried to an ok match with Snow here. Holly is pretty much just a brawler, while Snow can seemingly go from any one style to another. Kanyon is great at ringside, getting the crowd going and running in at various times. End comes when Snow superkicks Kanyon, who sells it like he was hit by a cannon. Holly gets the Hollywood Slam reversed and Snow Plow finishes it. Post match Snow and Austin have a staredown as Coachman has a seizure.

- Sid babbles on, and Rick Rude says he needs to play nice. Nash is out and the two men are ready to fight, but here comes everyone's favourite wrestling Zombie world champion. They team up an dbeat Taker down to booing as we go to a commercial break.

- Kevin Nash with Sycho Sid and Commissioner Rick Rude Vs. Mark Henry. Thank god the crowd was loud, because the ring work was absolutly horrible here. Mark Henry is one of the worst workers I have ever seen, and I am including Hobo Jack. If they ever fight on RSN... scary thought. Anyways, Nash and Sid work together and Big Kev smashes up Mark with a chair before winning this match. Crap match, great crowd. How is Henry over?

- We get a somewhat drawn out promo here, as Hall and Waltman look more like they want to hit each other than team up. Vader and Bulldog laugh at them, and we get teammates who accidently hit each other #34765-D as the fans sleep through it. I guess they were tired after that last match.

- Great segment here as Goldust is doing some great work with this new gimmick. It's funny stuff, and if they keep this up the fans might start to cheer for these two.

- Shawn Michaels Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley. The Clique boys lock up here, and these two are probably the most well rounded of all of them. They have great chesmitry here, and go a good 15 minutes as the fans really get into it. Occasional shots of Goldust cheering backstage as Hunter goes for the Pedigree, but HBK reverses and hits some Sweet Chin Music for the win. The King is confused, and we see Shamrock beating poor Goldy backstage. What a homophobe.

- HBK doesn't celebrate long, as Funk and Jack pummel the crap out of him before hitting a DDT than throwing him off the stage as the show ends.

- Final Thoughts: Good show, if not somewhat of a mixed bag. While some matches were good matches, others were not so hot. The Godwinns were absolutly terrible, and it's sad that teams like PG-13 and Furnas and LaFon are jobbing while they get a tag team title push. Hopefully WWF realizes what they are doing, or creates some better tag teams. Anything but the pain that is the Godwinns.

Good show, but far too many hillbillies.

Crossface, I just hype them as the biggest ones all the time. I hype my champions as the greatest no matter how long they've kept the title, Every PPV as the biggest, Doesn't matter what main event, What champion, How bad the cards are, That's just the way I do things (Y) Also, I'm digging the reviews Hajjhowe, But by the looks of it, You aren't too fund of The Godwinns?

IPB Image

Credit Kempay for the logo

Channel: USA Network

Time Slot: Late Evening

Date: May 10, 1997

Attendance: 8,019

Ticket Sales: $320,760

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Todd Pettengill

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Dok Hendrix and Todd Pettengill are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Championship

Chavo Guerrero© Vs. Sho Funaki

Great match up here, But the crowd was pretty quiet for it. Funaki and Chavo didn't seem to have the kind of chemistry that Chavo and Taka Michinoku had last Friday night. Back and fourth action here, With Funaki looking like he was going to pick up the win several times. Sho Funaki used a impressive dive over the ropes to Chavo and came very close to picking up the win and title after coming off the top rope with a missile drop kick to Chavo, But the champion somehow kicked out. After some close encounters, Chavo Guerrero delivered a brainbuster to Funaki and finished him off with the Frog Splash to retain the title.

70, 57, 84 **3\4

The WWF Light Heavyweight title has gained in image.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Triple Threat Tag Team Match

Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger Vs. Suicide Blonds Vs. Harris Brothers

No Dawn Marie at ringside due to previous stipulations. This is the best match that the Harris' have been involved in, And they barely did any of the wrestling it, As it was mostly Swinger and Diamond battling the Suicide Blonds while the two big goofs stood on the apron. I bet fans can't wait to see the showdown between The Godwinns and the Harris Brothers. The winners were also announced as getting a future shot at the WWF Tag Team Championship. All three teams looked like they were going to pick up the win a few times, But the ending came down to the Harris Brothers delivering the H-Bomb to Copeland, With Cage barely making the save. Cage then clotheslined both Harris' out to the floor and dove off the ropes onto both of them. This left Copeland all alone to suffer Swinger's Swing Thing, Giving the two members of The Money Mine the victory.

74, 67, 82 **3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Brian Adams, Brian Lee and "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty Vs. The Quebecers and Kama Mustafa

Decent six men tag match, All though not the best match in the world, It had the crowd into it more than the other two matches. Lee looked great here, As well as Jannetty. Jannetty looks to have the motivation he had when he first started the party boy gimmick. The heel teamed isolated Jannetty, With Jannetty selling their offense like a champ. The Quebecers double teamed Jannetty a few times behind and in front of the referee, While Kama worked over Jannetty with his "supreme" offense which is mainly right hands, kicks and a few rest holds. Jannetty was able to make the hot tag to Brian Lee after delivering a big DDT to Jacques. Lee came into the ring and this hoss started to clean house. Jacques, Pierre and Kama all took clotheslines and right hands. Adams and Jannetty joined in on the big brawl, With all six men going at it. Jannetty and Adams ended up fighting Jacques and Kama on the outside, Leaving Lee with Pierre. Brian Lee picked up the win for his team by finishing Pierre off with the Life Sentence. Jannetty, Lee and Adams then celebrated their win.

70, 71, 71 *3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

D'Lo Brown Vs. Luigi Alfredo Rufino

Bad match here, Rufino isn't all that good as the WWF hyped him up as, But the crowd was into D'Lo big time here. Back and fourth action here, With D'Lo out wrestling the Italian, Making him resort to cheating and dirty tactics. Rufino picked up a few near falls over D'Lo, But kept stalling and taunting the crowd, Atleast it worked, As he got booed a few times. D'Lo made the big comeback and even took down Rufino with the Sky High, But Rufino somehow kicked out. The ending comes when Rufino drop kicks D'Lo and lifts D'Lo up. He goes for the Trip To New Jersey, But both men are too close to the ropes and D'Lo ends up taking both of them out to the floor, With both men taking a nasty spill. The referee counted to ten and counted both men out, With both men still being out on the floor. I guess it protects Luigi Alfredo Rufino's undefeated streak.

69, 70, 68 *1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sean Waltman Vs. Chris Benoit with Brian Pillman

Now this is what the WWF needs to have more often. Sean Waltman and Chris Benoit had a solid over ten minute encounter that had the crowd very much into it. Just total nonstop action here with both men tearing down the house. It even had the announcers into it, Without them hyping up Monday Night Raw or In Your House. Waltman and Benoit started off trading chops with one half of the WWF Tag Team Champions dominating Waltman. They then started trading near falls and holds, With Waltman surprisingly getting the best out of Benoit and dumping Benoit out to the floor with a pair of head scissors. Waltman then followed up with a huge somersault plancha to both Benoit and Pillman out on the floor! Pillman ended up getting involved behind the referee's back and rammed Waltman into the steel steps. Benoit picked up near falls on Waltman, Almost finishing Waltman off with a powerbomb from the second turnbuckle. Waltman somehow picked up the win after drilling Benoit with the Six Kick out of nowhere! After the match ended, Pillman ran into the ring and clotheslined Waltman as we went to a break!

84, 78, 90 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Henry Godwinns slop drops Wolfie D. (Friday Night Mayhem 5/9/97)

Scott Hall Vs. Brian Pillman

We returned from the break with Hall and Pillman going at it. Hendrix said that Hall came down to save Waltman from a two on one beating and that this match is a impromptu match up. Good match here, But nothing like the previous match. Hall and Pillman kept it short, But Pillman looked good against the former WWF Champion. Benoit and Waltman ended up fighting again on the outside, Which distracted Hall long enough for Pillman to roll him up with a hand full of tights to pick up a very close near fall. Hall picked up the win after delivering a fallaway slam to Pillman from the top turnbuckle and finishing Pillman off with the Outsider's Edge while Waltman and Benoit brawled on the outside. After the match ended, Benoit tried to attack Hall, But Waltman nailed him with a spinning heel kick. Hall and Waltman cleared the ring and then stared each other down as RAW Saturday Night went off the air.

81, 83, 78 **3/4

Overall Rating- 68

TV Rating- 2.84

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 1.99

Attendance- 6,522

Ticket Sales- $260,880

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.96

Attendance- 2,008

Ticket Sales- $60,240

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.97

Attendance- 6,526

Ticket Sales- $261,040

ECW Leap Of Faith

Pay Per View Buyrate- 0.65

Attendance- 7,502

Ticket Sales- $300,080

Pay Per View Revenue- $1,625,000

ABWF Man Overboard

Attendance- 40

Ticket Sales- $400

USPW Wrestlefest

Attendance- 3,455

Ticket Sales- $138,200

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Sho Funaki

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Simon Diamond

"Luigi Alfredo Rufino and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Alex Wright? I think our styles would really work well together." -D'Lo Brown

"Our ratings battle with Hardcore TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. They have more star power than us, and that is affecting our image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them. The fans see us as being the more professional promotion, thanks to our higher production values." -Sophie

News

- USPW have risen to National level.

- Nailz has agreed to an open contract with USPW!

- USPW have signed staff member Gorilla Monsoon!

- USPW have signed staff member Chris Lawler!

- USPW have signed staff member Neville Stanley!

- USPW have signed staff member Jason Cole!

- USPW have signed staff member Dennis Shock!

- Raw Saturday Night

- May 10, 1997

- Taped in Indianapolis, Indiana

- Dok Hendrix and Todd Pettengill are the hosts.

- World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Championship. Chavo Guerrero© Vs. Sho Funaki. Pretty solid ring work here, but the crowd couldn't give two craps about Funaki. Chavo has another great match, and gets the obvious win with a brainbuster/frog splash. Ok match, but nothing spectacular.

- Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger Vs. Suicide Blonds Vs. Harris Brothers. The ring work gods that are the Suicide Blonds put the Harris Brothers in the closest thing they will ever get to a great match. Thankfully Money Mine does most of the work with the Blonds, and the match ends when Swinger hits the Swing Thing. Filler, but still good.

- Brian Adams, Brian Lee and "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty Vs. The Quebecers and Kama Mustafa. This was a good match, and Brian Lee has been looking great lately. The fans are really getting behind him, and Todd insists he'd be better off alone. I still don't understand how Kama is employed. Marty gets isolated and bumps like a pinball before Lee hits the Life Sentance on Jaque for the win. Marty should have gotten Lee and Adams to dance.

- D'Lo Brown Vs. Luigi Alfredo Rufino. Luigi the generic New Jersey mobster manages to ruin D'Lo's streak of good matches, as he shows us that USWA doesn't produce as many great talents as they think they do. Matchends on a weird double count out, and I am left dazed and confused.

- Sean Waltman Vs. Chris Benoit with Brian Pillman. Now THIS is a good match. Sean Waltman has been really good lately, and Benoit could carry a guy like Mark Henry to a good match. Pillman gets involved, but Sean overcomes the odds and nails the Six Kick for the win as Pillman attacks.

- Scott Hall Vs. Brian Pillman. During the break, Hall ran out and saved Waltman, leading to this "Unscheduled" match. Not as good as the last one, but the fans are a bit louder since Hall is one of the top faces in WWF. Pillman gets some offence in, but Hall seals the deal and the tag team champions are kind of buried here. Hall and Waltman clear house, than stare down each other.

- Final Thoughts: Well, it was better than last week. I mean, could it get worse? No Hobo Jack, Godwinns, Mark Henry, or other horrible workers this week... well except the Harris Brother's. The dual main event was good, and the six man tag was a solid match as well. Much better than last week, and it'll be interesting to see how the PPV goes down.

IPB Image

Date: May 12, 1997

Monday Night Raw comes to you live just six days away from In Your House "Unfinished Business". And tonight we're going to witness a historic main event. The biggest main event in the history of Monday Night Raw. Tonight we're going to see a huge main event, Scott Hall steps into the ring with the man they call Vader in tonight's huge main event. Scott Hall prepares to join his former friend, Sean Waltman at In Your House to face the tag team of Vader and British Bulldog. Last week we saw Bulldog and Vader once again destroy and leave Hall and Waltman laid out. Tonight it's Hall and Vader one on one for the first time ever. With Sean Waltman and Scott Hall not getting along, How will this affect tonight's match? We know that British Bulldog will be in Vader's corner, Will he become a factor? Scott Hall is at a huge disadvantage tonight, As last week he was laid out by Vader and Bulldog and he's not at one hundred percent. Which man will leave with their hand raised high in the air tonight? Which man will walk out of Monday Night Raw's biggest main event the winner?

Shawn Michaels and Cactus Jack prepare to end their feud in the first ever Hell In The Cell match this Sunday night. With the biggest match in their careers just six days away, We're going to have a special interview with both men. First, We'll hear from Cactus Jack at the sight of the Hell In The Cell. This is a special interview from earlier today where we'll hear Cactus Jack talk about his match with Shawn Michaels this Sunday night. This is a interview with Cactus Jack that you do not want to miss. And then later, We'll also see a special interview conducted by Jim Ross as he interviews Shawn Michaels. What will the "Heart Break Kid" have to say? We're just six days away from this huge match up, Which will change the careers of both men forever, What will they say tonight?

Commissioner Rick Rude has been the Commissioner of the WWF for almost one month, And during this time he's already stacked the odds against the WWF Champion, The greatest WWF Champion of all time, The Undertaker. This Sunday night we'll see The Undertaker defend the WWF Championship in a triple threat elimination match against Sycho Sid and Kevin Nash. Rick Rude has gotten Nash and Sid to work together, The odds are against The Undertaker. We'll be hearing from Commissioner Rude tonight. And he promises a big announcement for In Your House.

Matches For Monday Night Raw

World Wrestling Federation European Championship

Alex Wright© with Joanie Laurer Vs. Yokozuna

Alex Wright has been a fighting champion, He's defeated the very best the WWF has to offer when his title has been on the line. But tonight he must face a former two time WWF Champion, Yokozuna. Alex Wright has been a tough WWF European Champion, Defeating tough men like Ahmed Johnson and many others. But can he defeat Yokozuna? Will Yokozuna win the coveted European Championship tonight? Two of the WWF's best go at it tonight.

Number One Contenders Match For The World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Winners Will Challenge The Champions For The Titles At In Your House "Unfinished Business" On May 18th

Born In The USA Vs. The Godwinns

The winners of this match will go to In Your House to challenge Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman for the titles. The Godwinns have been amazing since returning to the WWF, And after accidentally costing Gunn and The Patriot their match last week, This should be quite the emotional match up. All four men are looking to head into In Your House to become the champions, But which team will win? Which team will go to In Your House to challenge Benoit and Pillman for the titles?

Bret Hart and Rick Martel Vs. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman

This is a special non title match. Martel and Bret Hart, Even though they are going to face this Sunday night, Will be teaming up tonight to face the WWF Tag Team Champions. Can they work together? Or will Benoit and Pillman continue their run at the top of the tag team division? This should be a great tag team encounter.

Vader Vs. Scott Hall

This is the biggest main event in the history of Monday Night Raw. Vader and the former WWF Champion, One of the greatest WWF Champions of all time, Scott Hall go at it for the very first time ever. Which man will come out victorious? Can Scott Hall overcome the odds and defeat Vader tonight? Will British Bulldog and Sean Waltman become factors in this match up? You won't wanna miss this huge main event tonight.

IPB Image

Date: May 12, 1997

Attendance: 8,020

Ticket Sales: $320,800

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Monday Night Raw comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Vince McMahon and Jim Ross are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Rick Rude Announces Tonight's Huge Main Event

Rick Rude makes his way down to the ring to boos from the crowd as soon as McMahon and Ross are done hyping up tonight's show. Rude is wearing a expensive suit and holding a clipboard in his left hand. Rude enters the ring and is handed a microphone. The crowd boos and chants "you suck" at Rude very loudly.

Rick Rude- Even though I'm in a town full of scumbags, I'm not going to let it get to me. (the crowd already boo Rude, giving the Commissioner huge heat) We are only six days away from the biggest Pay Per View in the history of the WWF, In Your House "Unfinished Business". And this Sunday night a new World Wrestling Federation Champion will be crowned. (crowd boos) And before that happens, I have a big announcement. Being the Commissioner isn't all fun and games, And fact is, I need a little help. I need a assistant. A man who will be there for me when I need him. He'll have some power over everyone in the WWF, Except for me of course. And this Sunday night, I'll show everyone who I've gotten in mind to be my assistant. But we're still six days away from that happening, And right now, Let me introduce to you, One of the men who could leave In Your House as the next World Wrestling Federation Champion, Sycho Sid!

The crowd boos as soon as Sycho Sid's music hits the arena. Out comes Sycho Sid in his street clothes as Rude smiles and claps. Sid enters the ring and pose as the giant "SID" pyro comes down from the rafters and goes off. Sid shakes hands with the Commissioner while the crowd boos.

Rick Rude- And now, Another man who could leave In Your House as the next World Wrestling Federation Champion, Kevin Nash!

Kevin Nash's music hits the arena to even bigger boos than Sid. Out comes Nash, Also in his street clothing. Nash slowly makes his way to the ring as Sid and Rude look on. Nash poses as pyro goes off from the rafters, ring posts and from behind him. Nash shakes hands with Sid and Rude.

Rick Rude- There they are, The men who this Sunday night will destroy The Undertaker! (crowd boos) One of these two men will leave this Sunday night with the WWF Championship around his waist. The Undertaker will not remain the WWF Champion after this Sunday night. It doesn't matter which one these two amazing athletes leave the match with the title as long as The Undertaker is no longer the champion. Kevin Nash and Sycho Sid have agreed to work together to take out the so called phenom. But the destruction of The Undertaker will start earlier than expected. Because tonight, In the main event, The Undertaker will be in action! (big pop from the crowd) Infact, He'll be in the ring with Kevin Nash and Sycho Sid! (big pop from the crowd) No, It won't be a triple threat match, We're saving that for Sunday night. No, Tonight The Undertaker will get a tag team partner. (big pop from the crowd) Who's gonna be his partner you ask? Shawn Michaels? (big pop from the crowd) Sean Waltman? (big pop from the crowd) Perhaps someone who's already wrestling? Like Bret Hart? (big pop from the crowd) Scott Hall? (big pop from the crowd) No, They don't deserve to team up with The Undertaker. He deserves a phenomenal partner. Someone who understands him. Someone with the same powers as him. And who better to team up with The Undertaker than his manager, Paul Bearer? (the crowd boos, not that they hate Bearer, but they know the huge disadvantage that The Undertaker is in tonight) In tonight's main event we'll see The Undertaker and Paul Bearer team up to face Kevin Nash and Sycho Sid! And Undertaker, Can you really be victorious with the fat man by your side? Can you really defeat two men the caliber of Kevin Nash and Sycho Sid? We'll find out won't we? You stand no chance tonight, And what's left of you tonight will be what's left for these two to massacre this Sunday night.

Rick Rude's music hits the arena with him, Sid and Nash raising their arms in the air. McMahon and Ross hype up tonight's main event and talk about what a huge disadvantage The Undertaker is in since Paul Bearer is not a wrestler. We go to a commercial break with Rude pointing at Nash and Sid, Doing the title around the waist motion.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation European Championship

Alex Wright© with Joanie Laurer Vs. Yokozuna

Bad match up here, Alex Wright and Yokozuna had the crowd into it, But Wright couldn't carry the fat man to anything special. Alex Wright's big push continues here with the announcers really hyping him up. Yokozuna started off assaulting both Wright and Laurer, Tossing Laurer out to the floor and then tossing Wright out onto her! Yokozuna ran down Wright and Laurer with a double clothesline on the outside and broke the German flag right over Laurer's back! With Yokozuna being distracted with Laurer for a bit, Wright was able to nail him from behind, But when he tried to send Yokozuna into the steel steps, Yokozuna countered and Wright was rammed shoulder first into the steel steps! Inside the ring, Yokozuna ran down Wright with several clotheslines and avalanched Wright into the corner, Following up with a big belly to belly suplex for a close near fall. Alex Wright raked Yokozuna in the eyes and then came off the ropes attempting a cross body, But Yokozuna caught him in midair and powerslammed him down to the canvas! Yokozuna then dragged Wright to the corner. Before Yokozuna could deliver the Bonzai Drop, Laurer got up on the apron! Referee Jack Doan got distracted by Laurer, Giving Wright a chance to roll out to the floor and grab the WWF European Championship from the time keeper. Wright snuck back into the ring and nailed Yokozuna with a shot right to the back of the head with the title! Wright tossed the title down and quickly drop kicked Yokozuna! Wright covered and scored the win!

Alex Wright's music played with the crowd booing. Laurer entered the ring as Wright grabbed his title. Yokozuna slowly started to stand up and Laurer ran him right over with a clothesline! Laurer put the boots to Yokozuna while Wright posed with the title and shouted in German. Laurer ended up pulling Yokozuna up and planting him with a DDT!

63, 72, 66 *1/4

The WWF European title has gained in image.

The Final Step For Cactus Jack

We go to the announce position where the announcers talk about this Sunday's night first ever Hell In The Cell match up. McMahon and Ross talk about how brutal the match should be, And show us footage of the construction of the hell in the cell. McMahon says that earlier today Cactus Jack and Terry Funk went to the arena in Richmond, Virginia and took a closer look at the Hell In The Cell. Jim Ross warns us that some people might be offended of what Jack and Funk will say............

from earlier today

Another short video is shown on the construction of the Hell In The Cell. We're then shown a video of the feud between Cactus Jack and Shawn Michaels. The video ends with Cactus Jack and Terry Funk now being shown inside the arena where this Sunday's Pay Per View will take place. The Hell In The Cell is hung high above the arena. Cactus Jack stares at it while Funk laughs.

Terry Funk- There it is. Right above this very arena. The Hell In The Cell. What a insane structure that is. It's deigned for pain. No escape, Nowhere to run. See that Cactus? It's got a door and top on it. Do you think Shawn's gonna be running after a few minutes of being trapped in there? Do you think he'll try to open up the door? Or somehow try to climb out? Well, He won't be able to. How is he going to bust through that roof? Shawn Michaels, There's not gonna be anywhere for you to go this Sunday night. Take a look up there, It's the Hell In The Cell. Built for injury. Built for someone to get hurt, Get hurt badly. And the odds are against you Shawn. Wrestlemania, Do you remember Wrestlemania? When you bled and lost the match? This is going to be a beating much worse than what you suffered at Wrestlemania. Cause there's nowhere for you to run to! You and him are going to be stuck in the ring, Inside the Hell In The Cell. Your bodies will be put through unimaginable pain. And in the end, Only one man will be left standing. And when the night ends, It won't be you. You will bleed, You will get hurt, And you will not be able to stand up after the match is over with. You tried and you tried your hardest to beat Cactus Jack at Wrestlemania, But you couldn't do it. You tried to put me out last month, But that didn't happen. You won't have to worry about me this time though. Cactus Jack has requested for me to sit this one out and watch. And that's what I'm gonna do. Shawn Michaels, I'm going to be watching this one very closely. I'll be watching you beg for mercy and crawl on both your knees.

Cactus Jack- Shawn Michaels, Do you know what the Hell In The Cell reminds me of? It reminds me of the closet that my dad used to lock me in! Every time he'd come home drunk, Mad, Angry at his job, He'd take it out on his little boy! He'd shove me in a dark closet! I just a kid! Why'd he do it Terry? Why'd he lock his baby boy inside of a closet? I cried, I'd beg for him to open it up. And all he'd tell me was, "be a man!" But I wasn't a man, I was just a boy. Locked inside of my own personal hell. Kinda like you will be this Sunday night Shawn. You'll be the boy, And I'll be the man. And you'll be locked inside the Hell In The Cell with me! Except this time, There will be someone inside that closet with you! And he's sure as hell going to make your worse nightmares come true! You'll be crying and begging for me to let you out! But that ain't happening! My mother, That b**** never let me out either! She'd just sit and cry! Shawn, Do you know what it's like to be me? Do you have any idea of what it's like to be me?

Terry Funk- It ain't pretty Shawnnie boy, Inside this head sits the most deranged mind ever to set foot inside a ring. And the devil will be unleashed on you this Sunday night.

Cactus Jack- I didn't ask for the bad memories. They're apart of me Shawn. How can anyone want to be as crazy as me? As sick as me? It's the world that brings this upon us Shawn. You've tasted it. And if you're not begging and hiding from me this Sunday night, Then you'll be taking it to me. You'll be hitting me over and over again. Trying to shut the life out of me. Look at all the men whom I have severely hurt. Look at The Undertaker now. Isn't he just a little more evil then before? Is that what's going to happen with you? But think about it Shawn, The Undertaker was already a dark soul. What's going to be your excuse when you become like me? Isn't that your worse nightmare? (we see the Hell In The Cell slowly lowering. After a few seconds, It's all around the ring. Set up, Just like it will be this Sunday.) There it is Shawn. This is how it'll exactly look this Sunday night.

Cactus Jack opens up the door and enters the cell. Funk stays on the outside, Next to the side of the cell. Funk touches the mesh of the cage, Facing Jack.

Terry Funk- Definitely not for the weak of heart isn't it? Look at this, Over two tons of steel. It all surrounds the ring. Built for injury and pain. How many ways do you think you'll be able to hurt him in here Cactus?

Cactus Jack- There's so many ways I can think of to hurt him inside this cell. But there also alot of ways that I'm sure he can hurt me. It's all about how much and you dish out. And I'm sure Shawn's very capable of dishing out some punishment. And Shawn, Sunday night's going to be the night where two men enter this structure. Where two men fight to the death and only one man will leave this match walking on his own. I'm begging you to bring me blood and pain Shawn. I'm begging you to cross the line this Sunday night. You can do anything you want to me. And who will stop you? Who will stop me from hurting you? No one can stop us Shawn. No one can stop us from inflicting violence on one another this Sunday night. This Sunday night one of us will enter this Hell In The Cell and we won't be coming back.

Terry Funk- See you Sunday Shawn.

Terry begins to laugh like a maniac while Jack is touching the mesh sides of the Hell In The Cell. We fade to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Number One Contenders Match For The World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Winners Will Challenge The Champions For The Titles At In Your House "Unfinished Business" On May 18th

Born In The USA Vs. The Godwinns

Decent match, But the crowd was dead for it. I haven't seen a dead crowd like this in ages. Even some of the Light Heavyweight matches get the crowd into it, But not this one. Vince was going bananas whenever The Godwinns had the advantage, He kept yelling about what a scuffle this was. The match was kept short, To try to hide The Godwinns' weakness. Bart and The Patriot played the heels, But no one cared. They isolated Phineous after Bart Gunn pulled down the ropes on Phineous as he came off the ropes. Born In The USA double teamed Phieneous and came close to putting him away a few times, But Henry kept rallying his cousin on. Phineous was able to make the hot tag to Henry after nailing both Patriot and Gunn with a double clothesline. When Henry came into the ring, Vince was going bananas. Henry came into the ring and started to clean house. Bart Gunn and The Patriot went down by some big right hands and clotheslines. Both teams battled in the ring, With a true brawl taking place. Phineous and Gunn went out to the floor after Phineous clotheslined himself and Bart out. The Patriot came off the top with the Patriot Missile to Henry and called for the Uncle Slam. He lifted Henry up and had him set up, But big Henry back elbowed The Patriot in the face and delivered the Slop Drop to The Patriot! But both men were down! Then, Out came Brian Adams and Brian Lee running from the back! Adams and Lee entered the ring as both Henry and Patriot slowly stood up, Lee ran down Patriot with a clothesline at the same time Adams drilled Henry with a big boot! The referee ruled this one a no contest.

Phineous and Gunn slowly came into the ring, But Phineous took the devastating Heart Punch while Gunn got taken out by Lee's Life Sentence. The crowd could have cared less as Lee and Adams stood over both teams and said they weren't going to sit around the let those two joke teams fight for the titles when they're former two time champions. McMahon was going nuts, Talking about the possible match featuring all three of these tag teams.

54, 48, 74 *1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bret Hart and Rick Martel Vs. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman

After the boring tag team match, The crowd came alive for this great match up. It was announced that Benoit and Pillman would defend their titles against Adams and Lee, The Godwinns and Born In The USA this Sunday in a four corners tag team match. Rick Martel started off shoving Hart out of the way and went after Benoit and Pillman himself! Martel actually did pretty well on his own, But the odds got stacked against him. Hart then helped Martel out and he and Martel cleared the ring. Martel didn't look too happy about Hart helping him and told Hart so. Both men looked like they were going to get it on right then and there, But the champions snuck up behind them! The action was back and fourth, With both teams brawling out on the floor for awhile, With the champions isolating Martel after Martel got sent into the steel steps. Benoit and Pillman double team Martel for a long awhile. They pulled off some great double team maneuvers, Including a German suplex/drop kick combo on Martel, Which almost got them the win. Bret Hart rallied the crowd behind Martel, But whenever it looked like Martel would be able to make the hot tag to Hart, He'd get cut off by Benoit and Pillman. After delivering a big side suplex to Martel, Benoit went up top. Benoit came off the top attempting his Diving Headbutt, But Martel moved out of the way just in time! Martel then made the hot tag to Bret Hart! Hart entered the ring and cleaned house. Martel and Hart even pulled out some double team moves and almost scored the win. Bret Hart went to clothesline Pillman, But Pillman ducked and Hart accidentally clotheslined Martel out to the floor! This left Hart alone with the champions, Allowing them to plant Hart with a double DDT! Before they could finish off Hart, Martel pulled Pillman out to the floor and sent Pillman into the steel guardrail! This left Benoit and Hart alone in the ring to get into a series of exchanges, Benoit tried finishing Hart off with the Crippler Crossface, But he couldn't lock it in it. Hart ended up taking Benoit down by both legs and quickly applied the Sharpshooter to the crippler! Benoit tried to make it to the ropes, But with Pillman getting stomped on by Martel out on the floor, And with Hart having him locked in the center of the ring, Benoit tapped out!

Benoit and Pillman retreated to the back while Hart had his hand raised in the air. He and Martel shook hands with Martel then shoving Hart aside and started posing. Hart and Martel then stared each other down with Hart wishing Martel good luck this Sunday night. Hart headed to the back while Martel paraded around the ring like he had just won the WWF Championship.

73, 82, 83 ***1\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Welcome To The Sky

Monday Night Raw returns with the ring being set up much like it was a few weeks ago on Friday Night Mayhem when Marc Mero revealed his powers. Mero's new theme hits the arena to a mixed reaction from the crowd as the former Wildman comes down to the ring. Mero's carrying his black book as he enters the ring and is handed a microphone. Mero waits for the crowd to simmer down.

Marc Mero- Wheeling, West Virginia, The world is changing! The times are all changing. Isn't it wonderful? Marc Mero has seen the light, A few weeks ago I told you all about my life changing experience and none of you believed me. Now I stand here with proof! Praise be the God, My brothers and sisters! (the crowd starts to boo Mero as he holds his black book high in the air) Don't belittle my beliefs. Please, Don't belittle my beliefs. (crowd boos) I have proof for all of you that I do have the power. The ability to speak to the dead. The ability to do many things. And this Sunday night at In Your House I'll show all of you. I'll have someone who's life has changed thanks to me come out and tell all of you about my power. Dr. David has taught my many things, And he tells that when the time is right, He's bringing the other followers to the World Wrestling Federation. And let me tell you something, The other followers believe in this power almost as much as me. (crowd boos) Why can't you people believe in me? In my power? Dr. David said that some ignorant people wouldn't believe and help our cause, But he also believes that with the right amount of persuasion, Anyone can change. And people, I will persuade all of you to join our fight. Now, I'm not here to preach all night, Unlike other people, I won't bore you with stories. Commissioner Rude has let me have my show, The Sky as long as I also interview some of your favorite WWF superstars. And that's what I'm going to be doing. Right now I'll be interviewing two men who will fight this Sunday night to try to end their feud. At this time, The Sky welcomes a very special guest, Al Snow!

Al Snow's music begins to play to a huge ovation from the crowd. Easily the biggest ovation of the night. Al Snow comes walking down to the ring in his street clothing. Snow enters the ring and shakes hands with Mero.

Marc Mero- Welcome brother Snow. Glad to have you here in The Sky. Your popularity has certainly risen over the last couple of months, And you're someone Dr. David can use to spread our word. But lets not preach right now, And ladies and gentlemen, The man whom he'll be meeting this Sunday night, He is the WWF Intercontinental Champion, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin!

Steve Austin's music begins to play to boos from the crowd. Out comes the WWF Intercontinental Champion with the title over his shoulder. Austin enters the ring and stays away from Snow. Mero is in between both men and tells Snow not to cause any violence tonight. Both Austin and Snow are handed microphones.

Marc Mero- My brothers, I don't get what this fighting is all about. You, (pointing at Austin) Turned on your friend for that title? And you, (pointing at Snow) Tried to massacre this man to take away what's his? Dr. David was right when he said that people fight for stupid things. You two shouldn't be fighting, You should be holding hands and making this world a better place. And by donating our organization some money, We'll make the world a better place. Join The Sky my brothers. You'll finally have peace of mind. And what's what you two need.

Al Snow- Look, Mero, I like you and all, But I think you need to go to a psychiatric facility or something. Something isn't right about you man.

Marc Mero- Mr. Snow, What are you talking about?

Steve Austin- I think he's trying to belittle your beliefs. I think he's making fun of you behind your back, That's what I think.

Al Snow- No one asked you what you thought, You no good back stabbing piece of crap!

Steve Austin- Al, This isn't about us, Marc Mero was trying to say something. Don't be rude!

Marc Mero- My brothers, No fighting. That's the law of The Sky. We shall not fight with each other unless we have to use self defense. Look at the two of you, Former best friends at each others throats. It's so sad to see that happen. If you two followed the laws of The Sky, This wouldn't be happening. But lets talk about your match. This is about greed, A story about greed and vengeance. It reminds me of the story in chapter fifteen of my book here. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, You betrayed your best friend. Stabbed him in the back so you could keep that title. And Mr. Snow, You returned with the fire in your eyes. You returned to try to take what's his, To teach him a lesson. And what we have this Sunday night is a match, No Disqualifications for that title. Mr. Austin, My first question is to you sir. You are the champion and you are looking to walk out with that title still around your waist. But the question is, What are you willing to do to remain the WWF Intercontinental Champion?

Steve Austin- Marc Mero, You ask me what I'm willing to do to walk out still the champion? Anything and everything I have to do to make sure Al Snow doesn't get his hands on my title. He likes to talk about how I betrayed him, But the truth is, He betrayed me first. He tried to get my title. He was jealous of all my success and tried to take what's mine.

Al Snow- You're a liar! You had Helmsley take me out! And for what Steve? That title? That's all that matters to you, Isn't it?

Steve Austin- Damn right it does, You big piece of trash. This is my title. It's the only thing I care about. And Sunday night you're going to find that out first hand what happens when you try to rob me of what's mine.

Marc Mero- People, This is what I'm talking about. Two men, Two great athletes trying to kill the other! This is what Dr. David preaches against! Greed! You two need to stop this fighting. Join The Sky. Join me and become elite. Mr. Snow, Life would be so much better if you just joined us. You'd smile more. You'd be happy with yourself. You need to read the book, You'll see things my way. We have a camp set up and if you went there, My brothers and sisters would teach you. How good is it when others are willing to help? These people talk about helping others, But not like me. I can talk to the dead, I can heal people mentally, I can do it all! All you need is faith.

Al Snow- Look, We're not here to talk about your group. I...........

Steve Austin- Why must you belittle his beliefs?

Al Snow- Shut up Austin! Mero, We're out here talking about our match, We don't need to listen to your con artist tricks.

Marc Mero- Con artist? Mr. Snow, Please don't belittle my beliefs. What I believe in is real. I can talk to the dead. I can prove it to you, And I will this Sunday night. (handing Snow his black book) Here, Read the first few chapters. You'll see the light Al. Trust me. You'll start to understand things and see things my way. Just read the book. I guarantee you that your life will change forever.

Mero hands Snow the black book. Snow then tosses it right at Mero's face! Snow clotheslines Mero down and knocks down Austin with a super kick! Snow mounts Austin and starts punching Austin in the face! Mero grabs his black book and nails Snow over the back with it! The crowd boos as Mero puts his book down and stands up Snow. Austin grabs the WWF Intercontinental Championship and nails Snow right over the face with it! Snow falls down to the canvas and Austin stomps away on Snow! Austin starts hammering away on Snow, But Mero pulls Austin off of Snow. Mero tells Austin to leave. Austin grabs his title and leaves, But not without staring down Mero. Mero stands over Snow and grabs his black book. Mero then grabs the microphone from the canvas.

Marc Mero- You shouldn't belittle my beliefs Mr. Snow. I'm sorry for the beating you took, But that beating will only make your mission in life stronger. Thank you fans, This has been The Sky. And make sure to watch In Your House this Sunday night to see me show you people proof.

Mero's music hits the arena and he heads out with the book in hand.

He's Back

We cut to the office of the Commissioner where we see Rick Rude sitting in his chair, Watching what just happened. Rude's smiling. A knock is heard on the door. Rude tells the person to come in. Rude looks and it's Billy Gunn. Rude's smile now fades into a look of annoyance.

Rick Rude- Mr. Gunn, What can I do for you? Out of jail already?

Billy Gunn- Yeah, That fan didn't press charges for one reason or another. Weird huh? Well, I had to attend a few anger management lessons and things of that sort, But I need to ask you for a favor.

Rick Rude- Sure, What can I do for you Billy? What do you need?

Billy Gunn- I need more time off from the ring. My shrink told me that I have some unresolved issues, He says that I beat that poor kid up because it reminded me of how I was when I was a kid. And he was right, I was a obnoxious kid. But something happened, I guess I a grew up too fast or something.

Rick Rude- Grew up too fast? What kind of shrink are you seeing?

Billy Gunn- He's one of the top guys. See, He told me to discover my inner child. And I can't do that if I'm busy wrestling, So what I need is a few weeks off.

Rick Rude- Fine.

Billy Gunn- But there's more.

Rick Rude- Of course there is, What?

Billy Gunn- I need to take a few camera men with me and tape my discovery back into my young years. And I need to air these on WWF programming. It's like evolving back in time..........

Rick Rude- Are you serious? Fine, Okay, Just don't tape yourself doing something stupid.

Billy Gunn- I won't. Thanks again Commissioner, And thanks for the lawyer! That guy was great!

Rick Rude- I do what I can.

Billy Gunn- It's good to know I have friends in high places, Know what I mean?

Rude nods his head and Billy shakes his hand. Billy leaves the room all excited as we go back to the Commissioner.

Rick Rude- Atleast he won't be around to bug me. I'm such a genius!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Vader with British Bulldog Vs. Scott Hall

Scott Hall and Vader had a great match up here. The crowd was definitely into it. Bulldog came down with Vader while Hall came down all alone. Sean Waltman was shown watching from the back. Hall started off nailing Bulldog and tossing Bulldog out to the floor. Scott Hall took it to Vader early on, Nailing Vader with right hands and clotheslining the big man down. Hall pounded Vader in the corner with right hands, But tried to finish Vader off with the Outsider's Edge early, Causing Vader to backdrop Hall and follow up by running over Hall with a stiff clothesline. Vader tossed Hall out to the floor and distraced the referee while Bulldog did a number on Hall out on the floor. Bulldog stomped on Hall for awhile before sending Hall to the steel steps and then to the steel ring post. Bulldog kept interfering through out the match while Waltman watched from the back. Vader came close to picking up the win a few times, But Hall somehow kept kicking out of everything the Rocky Mountain monster kept giving him. Hall even somehow kicked out of the Vader Bomb! Bulldog and Vader couldn't believe it when Hall kicked out of the Vader Bomb. Vader then powerbombed Hall down and went up top. Vader tried to deliver the big moonsault to Hall, But Hall moved out of the way just in the nick of time! Hall made the comeback and started nailing Vader. Hall picked up a close near fall after planting Vadert with a DDT, But Vader somehow kicked out. Scott Hall came off the ropes with a huge clothesline to Vader, Knocking Vader down. Hall then called for the Outsider's Edge! Bulldog got up on the apron, But Hall smacked him right off! The crowd then cheered as Sean Waltman came running down from the back! Waltman jumped Bulldog from behind as Hall set up Vader for the Outsider's Edge. Seeing Waltman assault Bulldog on the outside distracted Hall for a bit, Allowing Vader to backdrop Hall and then sit down on Hall's chest! Vader then dragged Hall to the corner and went up to the second turnbuckle. Vader delivered another Vader Bomb to Hall! Vader covered Hall and picked up the win!

Sean Waltman rammed Bulldog into the steel ring post and entered the ring. Vader turned around and got nailed by a spinning back heel kick from Waltman! Waltman knocks Vader down with his kick, Sending Vader slumping into the corner. With the crowd behind him, Waltman bronco busters Vader! But then, With Waltman still in the bronco buster position, Vader stands up and delivers a huge powerbomb to Waltman! Davey Boy Smith enters the ring and scoops Hall up. Bulldog drives Hall down to the canvas with the Running Powerslam as Vader stands over Waltman's body. The sight seen is the same as always, Bulldog and Vader standing over two men who are not able to work together.

75, 85, 82 ***1\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Taking Care Of Business

We return from the commercial break with the world's most dangerous man, Ken Shamrock coming down to the ring. The fans give Shamrock a good ovation as he enters the ring and is handed a microphone.

Ken Shamrock- Hunter Hearst Helmsley, I hope you're ready for the fight of your life this Sunday night! I hope you're ready to knuckle up and step into the ring with me. You might have that freak by your side, But I will finish you off this Sunday night. Do you think that............

Shamrock is already cut off by the music of Hunter Hearst Helmsley. The crowd boos, But it's not Hunter Hearst Helmsley who comes walking down to the ring. It's Goldust! But he's not in his attire, He's wearing some preppy looking clothes, With a sweater around his neck. (dressed like Kerwin White) Goldust doesn't even have the face paint on, He does have a fake mustache and he's smoking a cigar. Goldust enters the ring and offers a handshake to Shamrock, But Shamrock just stares at him.

Ken Shamrock- What the hell is this suppose to be?

Goldust- (in a odd British accent) I say good day to you too sir. You Americans, My, My, How you Americans like a scuffle and a tally every now and then.

Ken Shamrock- What do you think you're suppose to be Goldust? I asked for Helmsley, Not you!

Goldust- Goldust? Who is this Goldust? My name is Rupert Jenkins, The third. And I must say, What are you wearing? Shorts? A T-Shirt? This is not a proper way to dress. I must ask you where you got those clothes my old chap, The K-Mart?

Ken Shamrock- Look, You leave right now and I won't hurt you. Get Helmsley out here right now!

Goldust- Mr. Shamrock, I have no idea what you are talking about. I have no idea why you'd want to hurt Mr. Helmsley, As he's a great friend of mine. He's a very rich man as well. See this watch? He got it for me. And why do you want to abuse that man? Is it because of the fact that he's rich and you're trash? Look at you, Shorts and a T-Shirt. Not proper dress attire, Not proper dress attire at all. And Mr. Shamrock, This Sunday night you'll be facing Mr. Helmsley, And let me give you some warning buttercup, Don't try to hurt him. Because if you do, Then God bless the Queen, I will have to hunt you down. Now then, Lets talk about something else. I don't feel like getting down and dirty tonight. Lets discuss your problem with that chap, An amazing young man, Goldust. It seems like you really have a problem with young Goldust. What's the matter Kenny? Jealous that you're not half the man Goldust is? Is that it?

Shamrock looks seriously annoyed and grabs Goldust, Or Rupert Jenkins, The third by the throat. Shamrock starts yelling at him to bring Helmsley down here, But what he doesn't see is Helmsley sneaking up behind him with a golf club. Helmsley nails Shamrock right over the back with the golf club! Shamrock falls down to the canvas while Helmsley does a number on him with the golf club. Goldust watches on as Helmsley nails Shamrock time and time again. Helmsley stands Shamrock up and delivers the Pedigree to Shamrock! Goldust and Helmsley shake hands and stand over Shamrock's body. Goldust grabs the microphone while Helmsley lays a few more shots in on Shamrock.

Goldust- Mr. Shamrock, I must say, That was a rather smashing interview!

Goldust kicks Shamrock in the ribs before he and Helmsley head to the back. Shamrock slowly stands up and vows revenge on Goldust and Helmsley.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley lost overness from this segment.

Ken Shamrock lost overness from this segment.

HBK Plans On Ending It All

We go back over the announce position where the announcers again talk about Hell In The Cell. They should another hype video for the match, And then McMahon and Ross talks about the sit down interview Jim Ross conducted with Shawn Michaels earlier.

from earlier today

We're taken to a special room where we see Jim Ross sitting down, And in a chair next to him, Is Shawn Michaels.

Jim Ross- Shawn, We're just six days away from In Your House "Unfinished Business". And six days from tonight, You'll step foot in the first ever Hell In The Cell match up. Shawn, First of all, Thank you for taking time off for this special interview.

Shawn Michaels- No problem Jim Ross.

Jim Ross- Shawn, We all know the history between you and Cactus Jack. This is a match that everyone has been dying to see. This feud has taken many crazy twists, We've seen what Cactus Jack has done to you. It's not secret that he's a bit off, But he says he's taking you to his side. Do you think you're getting affected by the sickness of the man?

Shawn Michaels- Jim Ross, Cactus Jack and Terry Funk love to think that they're somehow affecting me mentally. But they're not. I'll admit that they are crazy bastards. And that I have crossed the lines a few times, But they're not going to make me go crazy or whatever. They're not going to make me turn out like Cactus Jack. I'm not affected by Cactus Jack in any way, shape or form. The only thing I want to do this Sunday night is beat him and end this thing once and for all.

Jim Ross- So you won't see yourself changing for the worst during this feud with Jack?

Shawn Michaels- Not at all. Have I been acting odd? No, Cactus Jack just likes to play mind games with people. That's all it is. And well, This Sunday night his mind games won't be working with me.

Jim Ross- Shawn, This is the first ever Hell In The Cell match in the history of the WWF. It's a caged structure that surrounds the ring. There's a door and a roof. There's nowhere to run. The door will be locked shut once you two are inside. What do you plan on doing when the door is shut and you're stuck inside the cell with one of the most psychotic wrestlers in the WWF?

Shawn Michaels- What I plan on doing is the same thing I did at Wrestlemania. I'm gonna beat the living hell out of Cactus Jack. Everyone talks about how I lost at Wrestlemania, Well, He only beat me because Terry Funk interfered. What's he going to do when there's nowhere to run this Sunday night? What's he going to do when Terry Funk can't interfere? There's no way our of the cell and no way in after it's locked shut. How does he figure on beating me? I'm going to kick his teeth right down his throat Sunday night. HBK isn't losing, I'm winning and I'm showing that man what hell is truly all about. When the Hell In The Cell goes down, Everyone will remember this years from now as the night where Shawn Michaels pulled out all the stops and did everything he could to achieve victory. Only the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels is crazy enough to enter the hell in the cell and want to be locked inside of it with Cactus Jack.

Jim Ross- We've all talked about what punishments your bodies will take this Sunday night. Punishment that I can't even begin to imagine. After it's all said and done, There will be a winner and a loser. The loser will be the man who takes the most punishment, But I'm sure the winner will also take his shares. Shawn, How do you prepare knowing that you might not come out of this match with a future? I mean, Cactus Jack wants to destroy you, He wants to hurt you very badly. This match will no doubt play a big part in your future, But what happens if the punishment you take is too much for you?

Shawn Michaels- I'm sure the punishment will be like no other. But Jim Ross, You're forgetting that I've been in ladder matches, cage matches, last man standing matches, hardcore matches, first blood matches, And I've come back from everything that had been thrown in my way. Cactus Jack is going to be one tough obstacle, The Hell In The Cell is going to be one tough match, I know that. But I am going to win. I don't care if I got to pull out a miracle, I'm winning the match up. I don't care if every bone in my body is broken, I will defeat that man this Sunday night. I don't care if I gotta take him down with me, But I'm winning. They can take both of us out of that arena in a ambulance for all I care, But I'm winning. I'm planning on finishing this once and for all. And after I defeat him, He won't be returning to torment me anymore.

Jim Ross- After Hell In The Cell, What do you see in your future?

Shawn Michaels- What do I see in my future? I'm going to go right back to the top JR. I'm getting back what's mine. I'm getting back my WWF Championship. It's as simple as that. I'm going to finish this feud with Cactus Jack and go after my title. I haven't had a shot at the title in quite sometime, And I'm waiting to see who wins the triple threat match this Sunday night. And it doesn't matter who it is, I'm challenging the champion right now. But then again, There's a certain "Hitman" who might have a problem with me going after my title, So I think I'm going to need to shut him up once and for all if you know what I mean. But I promise you that I will become the WWF Champion one more time this year Jim Ross. They can throat whoever they want at me, I'll beat them all.

Jim Ross- Thank you for the interview and good luck this Sunday night inside the Hell In The Cell.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Brian Lee's Life Sentence puts away Pierre. (RAW Saturday Night 5/10/97)

Kevin Nash and Sycho Sid with Commissioner Rick Rude and Dawn Marie Vs. The Undertaker and Paul Bearer

Horrid, Horrid main event here. I hope this isn't a sign of Sunday night's triple threat match. Of course, Sunday it won't involve Bearer getting beat on or trying to punch Nash and Sid. The match was all Undertaker at first. He attacked Sid and Nash head on and actually took it to the two giants. Undertaker tossed both men out to the floor early on and risked disqualification by nailing both men with chair shots to the back, To try to finish this as quickly as possible. Bearer actually did some work, Actually, All it was, Was sneaking up on Sid and Nash with kicks, And smacking them with the urn. Undertaker tried to finish off Nash early on, But Rick Rude entered the ring and nailed Undertaker with a chair shot to the back, And referee Monty Davidson did nothing about it! Sid and Nash worked over Undertaker for a long while, With plenty of rest holds. Sid must have had like a four minute sleeper in on The Undertaker. Undertaker eventually fought back and started making the big comeback. Nash and Sid started going down, But Rude kept trying to interfere, As well as Dawn Marie. Bearer ended up chasing Dawn Marie around the ringside area with the urn while Undertaker booted Rude in the face. Undertaker tried to Choke Slam Sid, But Nash booted Undertaker in the face! Nash then followed up with the Jackknife, But Bearer pulled him out to the floor before he could cover Undertaker! Nash quickly decked Bearer! Sid then finished Undertaker off with the Powerbomb and covered for the win, With Nash not looking too happy.

Rude handed Sid the WWF Championship and Sid held it up and posed with it while Dawn Marie entered the ring and raised Sid's arm in the air. Nash came into the ring, Dragging Bearer along with him. Nash was handed a steel chair by referee Monty Davidson and drilled Bearer right over the head! While Sid posed with the title, The Undertaker sat up and grabbed Sid and then Dawn Marie by their throats! Rude tried to meddle, But got booted in the gut! Undertaker was looking like he was going to choke the life out of both Dawn Marie and Sid, Until Nash drilled him with the chair! Undertaker fell down to the canvas while Nash threw down the chair and grabbed the WWF Championship. Nash posed with the title as Monday Night Raw went off the air with Sid standing up and staring at Nash.

69, 87, 56 3/4*

Overall Rating- 76

TV Rating- 7.22

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.02

Attendance- 6,512

Ticket Sales- $260,480

ECW Code Red

TV Rating- 4.55

Attendance- 2,010

Ticket Sales- $60,300

USPW Thursday Night Jam

TV Rating- 1.72

Attendance- 804

Ticket Sales- $24,120

Notes

"Bart Gunn and The Patriot work well together as a team, it adds to their matches." -Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Phineous

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Rick Martel

"You overused Rick Rude at the last show, the fans started to get sick of seeing him." -Pat Patterson

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

News

- PG-13 were released due to recent unhappiness. The WWF is hoping that they'll return in a few months.

- Kevin Nash has recently married a unknown daughter of Linda McMahon's after a whirlwind romance, Nash now has a unsackable contract and creative control.

- Jose Lothario has agreed to an open contract with USPW!

- USPW have signed staff member Kevin Dunn!

- Monday Night Raw Rant-O-Rama.

- May 12, 1997

- Live in Wheeling, West Virginia

- Your hosts are Jim Ross and Kevin Nash's father in-law.

- Rick Rude is out first, hyping his boys Nash and Sid. He says they will get the title, and tonight they face Paul Bearer and Taker. Why me god?

- World Wrestling Federation European Championship. Alex Wright© with Joanie Laurer Vs. Yokozuna. As exspected, this match is craptastic. Yokozuna has learned nothing in USWA, and Wright isn't good enough to carry him to a good match. Even the crowd is weak, as it seems like the whole crowd is off. As exspected, Alex gets the win after cheating with his shemale manager. Flag waving insues.

- We get a cool segment in this "Hell In A Cell". It's a pretty cool gimmick, and the steel looks like it would cause some serious damage. Jack is his usual crazy self, with Funk rambling with him. Should be a good PPV encounter.

- Born In The USA Vs. The Godwinns. Absolutly pathetic crowd here. They weren't even pumped up before, they just don't give a shit about this match. Gunn and Patriot actually find a way of carrying the Godwinns, which makes me think they both deserve the titles just for that. End is a big mess as Lee and Adams run in and kill both guys, claiming they deserve the shot. I am hard pressed to disagree, although Gunn & Patriot aren't half bad.

- Bret Hart and Rick Martel Vs. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman. Non-Title match, and McMahon says that it will be a four-way tag at the PPV. If the Godwinns win, I might have to stop watching WWF. What's on WCW right now? Anyways, these two teams have a solid bout, and a good crowd, but it just seemed off. Something was missing tonight, and I blame West Virginia. Anyways, Martel and Hart win with the Sharpeshooter. I want to see Benoit vs. Hart. Now.

- The Sky w/Al Snow & Steve Austin. VERY long segmen there, as Mero won't shut up about his "powers" and how he will reveal them. Snow gets the biggest pop of the night, including Hart & Martel, as he is rapidly becoming a weekly favourite of mine. Austin gets some heavy heat himself, and he keeps insisting on hearing what Mero has to say. Eventually, both guys beat Al Snow up, and Mero reminds us he will reveal more at the PPV. I BETTER ORDER IT NOW :shifty:

- Well, here is Billy Gunn. His push might finally come, but who knows? He says he wants to find his inner child, and I pray this doesn't involve Doink The Clown returning. Since this is the WWF, Gunn wants to film his recovery and let us all watch it with him.

- Vader with British Bulldog Vs. Scott Hall. Now this is more like it. Hall and Vader work great here, as Hall isn't afraid of making Vader look like a monster. Hall makes a few comebacks, and after some cheating his buddy Sean Waltman comes out as it's CLIQUE-A-MANIA. Thhis somehow distracts Hall, who Vader sits on than Vader Bombs for the win. Tension is built, and I can't complain. Best match of the night so far.

- Shamrock is in the ring, screaming for Hunter and generally being pissed off. Out comes Goldust, who for some reason is british. Uh... ok. Anyways, he rambles on, but it's all an EVIL PLAN© as Hunter smacks Kenny with a golf club, and the heels laugh in an evil manner. Ok segment, but these three have had better.

- A good segment from HBK here, and it's work like this which shows why he is the top face in the WWF. He basically says he isn't going crazy, and that he will beat Cactus than win the world title.

- Brian Lee makes PCO job. The WWF sure do hate the french.

- Kevin Nash and Sycho Sid with Commissioner Rick Rude and Dawn Marie Vs. The Undertaker and Paul Bearer. THank god Nash, Sid & Taker are ove,r because this was AWFUL ring work. Paul Bearer sucks, but even Sid/Nash & Taker wasn't that great. Not a good marketing idea by the WWF for the PPV here. Hopefully they have a way of making these guys ring work look better before the PPV, or I maye have to order WCW. BE WARNED!~ Anyways, the heels win when Sid pins Taker, and Kevin McMahon looks pissed. How long before Vince gives him the title here?

- Good show, if not a bit off. The real news this week is Kevin Nash marrying Vince McMahon's daughter, Stephanie. I mean, not only are these two seperated by MANY years in age, but I seem to remember Vince being very concrete about never marrying wrestlers. It should lead to interesting stuff, especially with rumours of other McMahon family members appearing on TV floating around. Apparently Shane (His son) can wrestle better than some of the active roster.

IPB Image

Date: May 16, 1997

Friday Night Mayhem comes to you just two days away from the biggest Pay Per View of the year, In Your House "Unfinished Business". And In Your House "Unfinished Business" promises to be quite the amazing event. We know that this Sunday night we'll see the first ever Hell In The Cell match as the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels steps into the ring looking to end the feud between himself and the psychotic Cactus Jack once and for all. Hell In The Cell promises to be the most brutal match in the history of the WWF, And it will be something you do not want to miss this Sunday night. Another huge match for In Your House "Unfinished Business" is going to be the huge tag team match up. British Bulldog and Vader team up to take on the unlikely tag team of Scott Hall and Sean Waltman. We've seen Waltman and Hall have problems between themselves over the last few weeks, Giving Bulldog and Vader the opportunity to leave them laid out several times. On Monday Night Raw, We saw Vader defeat Scott Hall in a true classic. Tonight we'll see the biggest main event in the history of Friday Night Mayhem take place. It'll be a huge, Huge, Huge, Six men tag team match up. It'll be Scott Hall, Sean Waltman and Shawn Michaels taking on British Bulldog, Cactus Jack and Vader in tonight's huge six men tag team main event. This is a huge six men tag team match with In Your House "Unfinished Business" being only two days away. Both teams have some history with each other, And what will happen in Friday Night Mayhem's biggest main event? Which six men tandem will score the win? Who will leave with their heads up high as In Your House "Unfinished Business" nears? You do not want to miss this huge six men tag team match up.

We know that this Sunday night we'll see a triple threat match take place for the WWF Championship. The Undertaker, The greatest WWF Champion of all time, Defends the WWF Championship against the genetic wonder Kevin Nash, And Sycho Sid in a triple threat match. Rick Rude promises that a new WWF Champion will be crowned this Sunday night. We saw Sycho Sid pin The Undertaker this past Monday night and the question is, Who will leave In Your House "Unfinished Business" with the WWF Championship? Tonight we'll be hearing from Commissioner Rick Rude, Kevin Nash and Sycho Sid. What else will the Commissioner have in store for Sunday's huge Pay Per View? Will the WWF Champion show up?

We'll also be hearing from Rick Martel and Bret Hart tonight. Both men head into In Your House "Unfinished Business" to face in what should be a classic match up. After coming off a big victory on Monday Night Raw, What will both men have to say?

Matches For Friday Night Mayhem

D'Lo Brown Vs. Alex Wright

This is a special non title match up. Alex Wright has been on quite a winning streak since becoming the first ever WWF European Champion, But tonight he takes on a man who holds victories over the likes of Steve Austin and Billy Gunn. Which man will get the victory tonight? Can D'Lo Brown pull off the huge victory over the WWF European Champion? Or will Alex Wright continue to dominate the WWF?

Brian Adams, Brian Lee, Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman Vs. The Godwinns and Born In The USA

All four of these great tag teams head into Sunday's Pay Per View to battle for the WWF Tag Team Championship in a fatal four way elimination match up. These teams all don't get along with each other, But they'll have to be partners tonight. Which team will score the win in this eight men tag team match?

Marc Mero Vs. John Bradshaw

Marc Mero promises to bring forth someone whom he's "saved" this Sunday night. But before Mero goes preaching his word, He has to face the big Texan, John Bradshaw. Both these men represent what the new WWF generation is all about, This should be a great contest between two great WWF superstars. And who will score the win tonight?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Goldust Vs. Al Snow and Ken Shamrock

Rick Rude has signed this huge handicap match up for tonight. Austin heads into In Your House to defend his WWF Intercontinental Championship against the man whom he betrayed, His former tag team partner, Al Snow. Shamrock heads into In Your House to face Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Who has been friends with the bizarre Goldust over the past couple weeks. Snow and Shamrock are at a huge disadvantage tonight, But can they somehow pull off the upset against three of the WWF's finest?

Scott Hall, Sean Waltman and Shawn Michaels Vs. British Bulldog, Cactus Jack and Vader

This is the biggest main event in the history of Friday Night Mayhem. This match promises to be a great six men tag team match up between six of the WWF's best. And which tandem will score the win as we head into Sunday's huge Pay Per View? Can these two teams work together after all the history between them? Who will leave with the victory on the road to Sunday's Pay Per View? This is a main event you do not want to miss.

IPB Image

Channel: UPN

Date: May 16, 1997

Attendance: 8,003

Ticket Sales: $320,120

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

A Night Of Celebration

Right off the bat the music of Commissioner Rick Rude hits the arena with the crowd booing. Rick Rude, Kevin Nash and Sycho Sid make their way to the ring all with smiles on their faces. They enter the ring and hold their arms high in the air in all their glory. Commissioner Rick Rude is handed a microphone and begins to speak, Not even waiting for the crowd.

Rick Rude- We're just two days away from the night where one of these two men will be crowned the new World Wrestling Federation. In just two nights we'll see one of these two men walk out of In Your House with the WWF Championship around his waist. And which man will it be? Sycho Sid or Kevin Nash? Does it really matter? As long as The Undertaker doesn't have the WWF Championship past Sunday night, Then it's fine with me. (crowd boos) Undertaker, You got a preview this past Monday night of what will happen to you when you step inside the ring with these two men. You will lose the WWF Championship this Sunday night. And you will not get it back. (crowd boos) And due to their amazing performance against you this past Monday night, I have decided to give both Sycho Sid and Kevin Nash the night off. And I know you're not going to be here after the beating you took on Monday Night Raw. (crowd boos)

Kevin Nash- Undertaker, This Sunday night Sid and myself are going to tear you limp from limp. Do you think that the WWF Championship is staying around your waist after In Your House? No, It's going around my waist! (Sid stares at Nash, not looking too happy over Nash's cocky comments.) And even though old Sid here did defeat you on Monday Night Raw, We all know it was due to the awesomeness of the Jackknife. And you know that Sunday night you'll get Jackknifed once again, But this time, I'm pinning you. And then Sid, Big man, We might work together to eliminate The Undertaker, But after he's done, I'm gonna beat your big ass!

Sid gets right up in Nash's face, But Rude holds him back. Nash just laughs at Sid, Who looks like he's ready to strike.

Rick Rude- Lets not make this into a big deal, It doesn't matter who got the win on Monday Night Raw, Tonight's a night of celebration. There's no Undertaker to mess with us, And I've booked some great matches for tonight. And one of you will leave as the new WWF Champion this Sunday night! It'll be down to the two of you! The title is up for grabs. Now then, I have...................

The First Victim

Before the Commissioner can finish up, The lights go off. The sounds of thunder hit the arena. The crowd then cheers as the voice of The Undertaker comes on.

Commissioner, This past Monday night you and your men go the best of me and the creatures of the night, And I now know that this Sunday night it'll be the two of them trying to take away what the creatures of the night have, But what you don't know is that neither one of your warriors will survive the night. Kevin Nash, Sycho Sid, You two will rest in peace tonight.

The lights come back on with Rick Rude and Nash looking worried, They turn around and we see that Sycho Sid has been laid out! Nash and Rude quickly flee to the back as Sid is left laid out in the ring.

The Undertaker lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

D'Lo Brown Vs. Alex Wright with Joanie Laurer

Non title match here. Alex Wright and D'Lo Brown had a great match up here. Nonstop action here, With Wright showing he's got what it takes to make it to the next level, As well as D'Lo Brown. I wonder if Bischoff has been watching Wright and kicking himself for being so stupid to let Wright go. The crowd was booing Wright big time here and cheered D'Lo on. D'Lo started off quickly taking Wright off of his feet and started to out wrestle the WWF European Champion. After sending Wright out to the floor, D'Lo tried to come off the ropes with a plancha to Wright, But as D'Lo came off the ropes, Wright caught him and delivered a nasty powerslam to D'Lo out on the floor! Laurer got involved a few times and slammed D'Lo on the outside while Wright had the referee distracted. Wright picked a few near falls over D'Lo and almost picked up the win after coming off the top turnbuckle with a missile drop kick, But D'Lo somehow kicked out. D'Lo made the big comeback with the crowd right behind him, D'Lo looked like he was going to pick up the win after slamming Wright down, D'Lo headed up top for the Lo Down, But Laurer shook the ropes and straddled D'Lo on the top turnbuckle behind the referee's back. Alex Wright then tried to German Suplex D'Lo, But D'Lo countered into a pinning predicament and scored the win!

Laurer quickly tried to attack D'Lo, But D'Lo gave her a big drop kick! Wright then got dumped out to the floor while D'Lo took Wright's WWF European Championship and posed with it.

73, 77, 88 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Brian Adams, Brian Lee, Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman Vs. The Godwinns and Born In The USA

Hype match for Sunday's four way match, The crowd might have been confused as to why Adams and Lee were teaming with the champions, But Adams and Lee are not heels right now. Lawler says they attacked Born In The USA and The Godwinns on Monday Night Raw to prove a point. Usual eight men match here, With Lee, Benoit and Pillman bringing their working boots on. Coachman, Like McMahon, Got really amped whenever one of The Godwinns were involved. Each team looked like they were going to end up brawling with their partners, As some problems ended up happening. The match ended up with all eight men in the ring, With all four teams brawling, Even against their own partners! The Godwinns and Born In The USA brawled with each other as well as Adams and Lee with Benoit and Pillman. The match came down to Benoit, Lee and Phineous Godwinn in the ring. Lee booted Benoit in the face and slammed him down, Before he could finish off his own partner, Phineous nailed him from behind and took him out with the Slop Drop! Bart Gunn then hung Phineous neck first across the ropes sending him into a recovering Benoit's Crippler Crossface! Phineous ended up tapping out!

A big brawl took place between all four teams with The Godwinns ending up cleaning house and sending all three other teams out to the floor. They then all brawled around the ringside area with referees and road agents coming to try to pull them apart.

64, 73, 73 **

Don't Belittle His Beliefs

We go to the backstage area where we see Marc Mero getting ready for his match, He's lacing up his boots and he has his black book set down in the locker room bench. The camera then shows Sable, Not looking too pleased at Mero.

Marc Mero- (noticing Sable staring at him) What's the matter Sable? You look like you're upset at something.

Sable- Marc, You need help. I mean, You're going insane! Look at you! You're carrying around that book full of lies! You're letting yourself get conned by that Dr. David. It's ridiculous.

Marc Mero- Sable, Don't belittle my beliefs. There's no one conning anyone here. You just need to believe. Believe in our cause and you'll find yourself some peace.

Sable- In what? Your "supernatural" powers? What are you suppose to be? You can't talk to the dead! You can't heal people! You went to that camp full of crazy people! You stayed there for days! No food, No water, You handed that Dr. David your wallet! He's trying to con you, Can't you see that?

Marc Mero- I know you don't understand yet, But when you go to the camp with me you'll see things the way I see it. Sable, Money doesn't matter, Nothing matters more than our powers. I've asked several people to donate their paychecks for our cause, But they're too damn selfish. What's wrong with comforting people?

Sable- You're not comforting anyone, You're tricking them! You..............

Marc Mero- Sable, This Sunday night you'll understand things my way. When I bring forth someone who I've saved, Who I brought peace to their inner mind, You'll see what Dr. David can do. Sable, You fear what you don't understand, Just like everyone else. But after Sunday night you'll understand it. And you'll be a fighter just like me. Wait until Sunday night. Just wait for two more days Sable. (picking up his black book) You'll understand the ways of this book, And you won't belittle my beliefs. You'll understand the laws of The Sky and Dr. David better. He's very interested in meeting you, And the world is very interested in hearing from the person whom I have saved.

Sable- Who is this person? Marc, I...............

Marc Mero- Don't worry about that Sable. Lets go, I got a match with John Bradshaw. And he'll make a good member of the foundation. Lets go. It's time to change the world.

Sable- Fine.

Mero and Sable walk out with Mero talking about this Sunday's Pay Per View event.

Marc Mero lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Marc Mero with Sable Vs. John Bradshaw

Mero's getting some big heat, Despite not being a heel yet. Mero started off by trying to "convert" Bradshaw, But ended up getting his ass kicked to a big pop from the crowd. Bradshaw pounded Mero early on with stiff blows, And tossed Mero all over the ring. Bradshaw sent Mero out to the floor early on with a big boot, But when he went out after Mero, Mero raked him in the eyes and sent Bradshaw into the steel steps. Mero used a few short cuts, With Sable distracting the referee, Even though she didn't want to. Mero gained a few near falls over Bradshaw in the ring. Mero choked and stomped on Bradshaw quite a few times, But would stop when the fans booed him, And yell out "Don't belittle my beliefs". Marc Mero tried to finish Bradshaw off with a superplex, But Bradshaw shoved Mero off the ropes and then came off the top rope with a flying clothesline to Mero. Bradshaw dished out everything he could think of, But Mero kept kicking out. Bradshaw caught Mero coming off the ropes with a huge fallaway slam. Bradshaw then set up Mero for the Lariat, But Sable tripped Bradshaw as he came off the ropes! Bradshaw got up to his feet and walked into Mero's new maneuver, The Other Side (TKO) which was enough to get Mero the win tonight.

Sable came into the ring, Not looking pleased as Mero grabbed his black book and posed over Bradshaw's body. Mero preached the word for a bit before heading to the back with Sable. Coachman reminded us that Mero would reveal a person whom he's saved, This Sunday night, Only on Pay Per View.

64, 73, 72 *3/4

Interview with Ken Shamrock and Al Snow

We cut to the backstage interview area where we see Marissa Mazzola standing by with Al Snow and Ken Shamrock.

Marissa Mazzola- Al Snow, Ken Shamrock, Tonight the two of you team up for the very first time ever to take on Goldust, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, And "Stone Cold" Steve Austin in a handicap match. This match is a huge match on the road to In Your House, Which is only two days away. Al Snow, Ken Shamrock, After we've seen the two of you get beaten down this past Monday night, How do you two plan on beating three men the caliber of Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Goldust and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin?

Al Snow- Marissa, Steve Austin tried to soften me up for our match this past Monday night. But Steve, You couldn't quite get the job done. It seems like you're running scared, Because you know that when you step into the ring with me this Sunday night, In the no disqualification match up, You know that your title is in jeopardy. And tonight when you're inside the ring with me, You'll know that this Sunday night you'll have no way of beating me. It's no disqualifications Steve, Last month you weaseled you way into victory, But what are you going to do at In Your House? What are you going to do just two days away?

Ken Shamrock- Goldust, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Just like Steve Austin, You two are cowards. You tried to take me out on Monday night, But you couldn't quite get the job done. And Hunter Hearst Helmsley, When you step into the ring with me this Sunday night, You'll know that there is no stopping the world's most dangerous man. Goldust, You can try to get involved this Sunday night, But nothing is gonna stop me from coming out with a victory at In Your House.

Marissa Mazzola- Fans, Up next it's a match that you do not want to miss. It's Al Snow and Ken Shamrock taking on three men, Next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hunter Hearst Helmsley, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Goldust with Marlena Vs. Al Snow and Ken Shamrock

The crowd came alive for this match up here. Al Snow's crowd support is getting right up there with The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels, Which is scary to think about, Since Snow was a midcarder last year. Snow went right after Austin as Austin was making his way down the entrance way. Shamrock on the other hand, Went after both Helmsley and Goldust. The action was all over the ringside area, With Snow sending Austin into the steel steps and choking Austin with the camera cables. Shamrock had Helmsley and Goldust both beaten down, But Marlena distracted Shamrock, Which allowed Goldust and Helmsley to jump him and send him into the steel steps. The heel team isolated Shamrock and worked over his ribs, Which the announcers said that might be injured due to him getting attacked by Helmsley on Monday Night Raw. The crowd was going nuts for Shamrock to tag in Al Snow, But each time he came close to making the tag to Snow, Someone would break it up. After taking a extended beating by all three men, Shamrock was able to counter Helmsley's Pedigree into a catapult, Sending Helmsley into the turnbuckles, Which allowed Shamrock to tag in Snow, While Austin got tagged in. The crowd went crazy as Snow charged into the ring and took the fight to Austin, Giving us a preview of what's to come in their match Sunday night. All five men got back into it, With Shamrock taking the fight to both Goldust and Helmsley. Snow seemed like he had the win coming early on when he applied the Million Dollar Dream to Austin, But Austin was saved by Goldust. Shamrock and Helmsley ended up out on the floor, Leaving Goldust and Austin to fight Snow. Snow tossed Goldust out onto the apron, But Goldust ended up snapping Snow's neck across the ropes, Sending Snow right into Austin's Stone Cold Stunner! Austin covered Snow and got the win!

Austin quickly grabbed his title and fleeted to the back along with Goldust, Helmsley and Marlena. Snow slowly stood up and he and Shamrock vowed revenge for this Sunday night.

78, 89, 84 ***1\2

Which Man Will Be Victorious?

We go to the backstage interview area where Kevin Kelly is standing by with both Bret "The Hitman" Hart and Rick Martel.

Kevin Kelly- Rick Martel, Bret Hart, You guys head into In Your House "Unfinished Business" this Sunday night to meet in a one on one match. It's expected to be quite the match up between two of the biggest legends in the history of the WWF. You two have agreed to give your thoughts on Sunday's match, So lets start with you Bret.

Bret Hart- You know, I been looking forward to going one on one with you, Rick for quite sometime. Ever since you made your come back to the ring, I've been looking forward to wrestling you one on one. And this Sunday night we finally have the chance to do it. And I know you have been acting cocky and cool about it, But let me tell you something, You might think you're at the top of your game since your big return last year, But all those years that you were gone from the WWF, I was beating the top names in the WWF. I was winning the WWF Championship, And this isn't the same Hitman you've fought, And lost to in the past. If I was you, I'd be taking this match as serious as possible. Or else you're going to lose real quick. And this Sunday night, It's going to be us in a match that the fans have been wanting to see for quite sometime. You will find out why I am the excellence of execution, And why I am the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be.

Kevin Kelly- Rick Martel, Your thoughts?

Rick Martel- Kevin, I know Bret might seem like he's taking this match cool, And he's all serious about it, But deep down, He's a bit cocky, He might think he has my number. And that's understandable, But Bret, I have been on quite a roll since coming back to the WWF. Infact, I've had more success last year than you did. I mean, I made it to the finals of the King Of The Ring, Won the Intercontinental and Tag Team Championship, I mean, What have you done? You lost your title to Shawn Michaels last year and you still cry about it. You had like what? Nine, Ten shots at the title last year and you still lost. I have had more success than you Bret. And I think you're a little jealous of that. I mean, Last Monday night you were trying to hog all the glory, You were posing like there's no tomorrow, I think you might have a ego problem. Face it Bret, You're just so over confident all the time. And that's what's going to cost you our match this Sunday night. Prepare yourself Bret, This Sunday night you're going to be stepping into the ring with the true greatest hero of all of Canada, And you will not be beating me. Now, If you'll excuse me, I have to go meet some fans.

Rick Martel leaves the set as Bret Hart and Kevin Kelly look on, Hart looks like he can't believe Martel would accuse him of being the egotistical one.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Scott Hall, Sean Waltman and Shawn Michaels Vs. British Bulldog, Cactus Jack and Vader

The announcers hyped the tension between the face team, Since it was Scott Hall who defeated Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship back in November, And then retained the title against Michaels in December in their third ladder match. And the history between Hall and Waltman has already been well accounted for. Michaels and Hall both stared each other down in the beginning, But then jumped their opponents. This one was a good six men tag team match, With all six men working well together. Vader looked like a true monster here, Tossing around the smaller Michaels and Waltman around. At one point, Vader tossed Waltman out to the floor right onto Michaels and Hall. The face team started off red hot, Out wrestling and out brawling their opponents, But some problems happened between them, Leading to the heels isolating Waltman. Cactus acted like a lunatic here, Shouting at Waltman whenever he had Waltman down on the canvas, And then he'd stop and smile at Michaels. Waltman took a long beating, With Vader and Bulldog pummeling him and tossing him around the ring. Waltman made the hot tag to Scott Hall after he nailed Bulldog with the Six Kick. Hall entered the ring and cleaned house. All hell broke loose and all six men entered the ring, With Michaels and Bulldog being the legal men. Scott Hall clotheslined Vader out to t he floor, But Vader pulled Hall out as soon as he hit the floor. But men fought on the floor, While Waltman and Jack both took a nasty spill out to the floor. Inside the ring, Michaels got run down by a huge clothesline from Davey Boy Smith. Smith picked up Michaels and scooped Michaels up, Looking to go for the Running Powerslam, But Michaels wiggled out of it and caught Bulldog with Sweet Chin Music! Vader tried to enter the ring and break up the count, But Hall kept him busy long enough for Michaels to pick up the three.

After the match ended, It was truly mayhem. All six men got back into it, With Hall and Waltman battling Vader and Bulldog through the crowd. Michaels and Jack went at it in the ring, But referees and road agents came running down from the back to pull both men apart. They pulled Jack out to the floor, But Michaels then dove over the top rope onto the referees, road agents and Jack out on the floor! Michaels tried go after Jack, Who was laughing and smiling as we went to a commercial break, Coachman kept yelling "Michaels has snapped!"

77, 87, 86 ***1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Bret Hart makes the Canadian Crippler submit to the Sharpshooter. (Monday Night Raw 5/12/97)

Time For Nash To Pay

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Kevin Nash coming down to the ring. The crowd boos Nash, Who's looking behind his back, But still, He tries to keep his cool. Nash enters the ring, No posing, He's just handed the microphone.

Kevin Nash- Undertaker, (big pop from the crowd as soon as Undertaker's name is mentioned) How dare you attack poor Sid? (fans cheer) You think that's going to help you this Sunday night? I got word from the hospital, And despite a small concussion, Sid will be involved in our match this Sunday night. (crowd boos) So, I guess you couldn't put away Sid tonight. And you say you're coming after me? Lets get something straight, I run the WWF pal. The only way you'll be able to defeat me is if I die right in this ring. This Sunday night you stand no chance in hell of defeating me. (crowd boos) I'm walking out with the WWF Championship around my waist. (crowd boos) I will be the WWF Champion one more time. And there's two things you can do, Nothing, And like it. (crowd boos) It doesn't matter if it's down to you and I, Or Sid and I, I'll Jackknife both your big asses to walk out with the gold around my waist. I said that the WWF runs on Diesel power, But to be a little more with the times, It now runs on my genetic power. I control the WWF, And this Sunday night I'll control the WWF Championship. You can come down here and try to play with your "powers", But when it's all said and done, Kevin Nash will walk into In Your House "Unfinished Business" with one thing in mind, Becoming the WWF Champion. And Kevin Nash will leave In Your House "Unfinished Business" with the title back around his waist. And then, I....................

The crowd cheers as the lights go off. A few seconds later, They come back on. Nash is still standing though. Nash looks around the ring, But The Undertaker is nowhere to be seen.

Kevin Nash- Nice try Lurch, But...................

Kevin Nash can't finish up, As a hole is made in the ring and a hand pulls Nash down to the canvas! The crowd is going nuts as Nash struggles, But he's sucked down to the deps of hell, Or under the ring. After a few seconds, Smoke rises from the hole and up comes The Undertaker to a big ovation from the crowd. Nash is nowhere to be seen though! Where did Nash go? What happened to Nash? The crowd are going nuts as The Undertaker does the throat cut signal and Friday Night Mayhem goes off the air with Coachman yelling that The Undertaker has taken out the competition before Sunday night!

Overall Rating- 74

TV Rating- 7.23

Edited by Baby Hewey

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile, But I been kinda busy. I'll have the final card for the PPV posted later. Just so you guys know, PPV results will be shortned up. (bit longer than my regular shows, but nothing like it used to be)

IPB Image

Time Slot: Late Evening

Date: May 17, 1997

Attendance: 7,516

Ticket Sales: $300,640

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Todd Pettengill

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Dok Hendrix and Todd Pettengill are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Championship

Triple Threat Match

Chavo Guerrero© Vs. Taka Michinoku Vs. Brian Christopher

The WWF is planning on bringing a few Light Heavyweight competitors soon, Because we can only see Chavo fight the same guys over and over again. To their credit, The WWF's Light Heavyweight matches has been great, But nowhere near the quality of WCW's Cruiserweight division, Which has names like Billy Kidman, Chris Candido, Eddie Guerrero, Mikey Whipwreck, Rey Mysterio Jr., Spike Dudley and Ultimo Dragon tearing down the houses. The crowd was into this match at times, Whenever they'd hit their big spots. The biggest part of the match was when Brian Christopher did a sunset flip/powerbomb off the apron to Taka, Sending Taka's head smashing into the steel entrance ramp. Chavo Guerrero, After several minutes of total nonstop action, Scored the win after Christopher missed the Tennessee Jam to Taka, Which allowed Chavo to come off the top with the Frog Splash to Christopher and score the win.

73, 62, 84 **3\4

The WWF Light Heavyweight title has gained in image.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger with Dawn Marie Vs. Suicide Blonds

Excellent contest here. All four men worked their butts off, But the crowd wasn't that into it. Despite being the hardest workers in The Money Mine, Diamond and Swinger don't seem to get too much respect from the WWF as far as a push is concerned. Solid back and fourth action here, With the Suicide Blonds gaining the announcers attention of the announcers with their awesome high flying ability, Especially Christian Cage, So seems like a young Shawn Michaels just waiting to get his chance to shine. Diamond and Swinger isolated Cage for a long while, And worked over him with some neat double team maneuvers, But Cage was able to counter the Money Answer into a double DDT and make the hot tag to Copeland. Copeland cleaned house as he entered the ring, But thanks to Dawn Marie's distraction, The Money Mine picked up the win with Diamond finishing Copeland off with a roll up with a hand full of tights.

77, 67, 87 ***1\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hakushi Vs. Nasty Mike

Another great contest here. But the crowd was so dead for it. The crowd was just as dead for this one as they were for The Godwinns this past Monday night.Todd and Dok were hyping up In Your House through out the match up, And the crowd didn't even pop for Hakushi's usual spots. Nasty Mike seems very enthusiastic when he's out there though, He looks like he's genially having a good time, Despite being such a jobber for so long. Nasty Mike actually looked like he was going to score the win a few times over Hakushi, But the ring veteran scored the win after rolling up Nasty Mike with a victory roll.

66, 49, 83 **1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty Vs. Hollywood Holly with Chris Kanyon

The crowd was into this match up here, But Hollywood and Jannetty, Despite working hard, Just didn't seem to have much chemistry together. Kanyon wasn't a factor here, As Jannetty jumped him after taking Hollywood out with a super kick. Jannetty beat the hell out of Kanyon, And tossed Kanyon into the front row! Jannetty then jumped the rail and danced at the fallen Kanyon. Hollywood and Jannetty had a back and fourth type match, With Kanyon laid out in the front row. Hollywood looked to have the match won a few times, But he ended up missing a top rope leg drop, Which allowed Jannetty to plant him with a tornado DDT and finish him off with the Party Boy Dance (flying fist drop) off the top for the win. Jannetty then celebrated his big victory by dancing while Kanyon tried to hop the guardrail.

71, 72, 70 *1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Detective Arnold Jelly Vs. "Hindu Hero" Tiger Ali Singh

Horrid, Horrid match up here. The crowd was almost as dead for this as they were for the Hakushi/Nasty Mike match up. Poor Jelly didn't even get the usual pops he gets when he's "investigating". Tiger hasn't done much at all since coming to the WWF, So the crowd didn't react to the "Hindu Hero". Atleast this match was kept short. Tiger couldn't keep Jelly off of his feet, No matter what he tried. Jelly picked up the win with the Case Closed after Tiger failed to slam Jelly. Atleast the announcers hyped these two up and actually seemed into the short match up.

56, 53, 59 1/4*

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Steve Austin pins Al Snow with the Stone Cold Stunner. (Friday Night Mayhem 5/16/97)

Bret Hart and Rick Martel Vs. The Quebecers

Pretty good tag team contest here between the four Canadians. If it had gone a little bit longer, I'm such it would have turned out to be a better match, But this is RSN, So it was kept to a minimum. Usual tag match between Hart and Martel, With Martel shoving Hart aside so he can look great and do all the work, But ends up getting his ass kicked. The Quebecers looked strong here, And I wonder why no one is pushing them as heels in the tag team division. The Quebecers double teamed Martel for awhile, Picking up a few close near falls over the former Intercontinental and Tag Team Champion. They looked to have the match won after Pierre came off the top with the Cannonball to Martel, But Martel somehow kicked out. Martel ended up taking both Jacques and Pierre out with a double bulldog and made the hot tag to "The Hitman". Bret entered the ring on a mission and cleared the ring. With Martel and Pierre battling out on the floor, Bret used his usual trademark maneuvers on Jacques and finished Jacques off with the Sharpshooter for the submission victory. RAW Saturday Night goes off the air with Martel and Hart celebrating their big win.

76, 76, 77 **1\2

Overall Rating- 63

TV Rating- 2.79

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 1.91

Attendance- 6,518

Ticket Sales- $260,720

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.90

Attendance- 2,002

Ticket Sales- $60,060

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Christian Cage

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Nasty Mike

"Hollywood Holly and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Brian Christopher? I think our styles would really work well together." -Marty Jannetty

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Jacques Rougeau

"Scott Hall would be a great opponent for me, how about putting us together in some matches?" -Hunter Hearst Helmsley

"I was thinking, how about giving me some matches with Steve Austin? I think we'd be able to do some good work together given the chance." -The Undertaker

"I was thinking, how about giving me some matches with Mark Henry? I think we'd be able to do some good work together given the chance." -Sycho Sid

"How about booking me against The Patriot? I'm sure we could do some pretty entertaining stuff that the fans would like." -Goldust

"Our ratings battle with Hardcore TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

News

- Tiger Ali Singh was released from his contract after admitting to a drug problem. The WWF is getting very strict as far as drug problems are concerned, And have let Singh go. The WWF hopes that when Singh gets cleaned up, He'll return. It's rumored that if you're caught with drugs, You will get your release no matter what.

- The Harris Brothers have been sent to USWA.

IPB Image

credit Kempay for the awesome banner

Date: May 18, 1997

Final Card

First Ever Hell In The Cell Match

Shawn Michaels Vs. Cactus Jack

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Triple Threat Elimination Match

Sycho Sid Vs. Kevin Nash Vs. The Undertaker©

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

No Disqualification Match

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin© Vs. Al Snow

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Fatal Four Way Elimination Tag Team Match

Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman© Vs. The Godwinns Vs. Born In The USA Vs. Brian Adams

and Brian Lee

Bret Hart Vs. Rick Martel

Ken Shamrock Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Scott Hall and Sean Waltman Vs. British Bulldog and Vader

Plus, Rick Rude Will Debut His New Assistant!

Also, Marc Mero Will Host His Show, The Sky!

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night?

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR?

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR?

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc)

5. What's going to be the match before the main event?

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? (Rude's assistant doesn't count)

7. Post the order of eliminations in the fatal four elimination match.

8. Post the order of eliminations in the triple threat match.

9. Who will be Rick Rude's assistant?

10. Who will be in the deciding fall in the tag team match between Hall, Waltman, Bulldog and Vader? (Post the winner and loser)

Guest Crossface

One guess...

Next PPV-Taker vs Sid.

I hope...

end feud,thankyouverymuch.

Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman© Vs. The Godwinns Vs. Born In The USA Vs. Brian Adams

and Brian Lee

The only tag team that deserves the titles.

I smell an Owen comeback.

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Shamrock VS HHH

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Austin VS Snow

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? fourway tag match.

4. How many titles will change hands? 1

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? Austin VS Snow.

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? no one will debut.

7. Post the order of eliminations in the fatal four elimination match. Brian and Brian, Godwinns, BITUSA.

8. Post the order of eliminations in the triple threat match. Nash, Sid.

9. Who will be Rick Rude's assistant? Roddy Piper?

10. Who will be in the deciding fall in the tag team match between Hall, Waltman, Bulldog and Vader? Vader pins Waltman.

Nice PPV, i'l post my opinion of it once it's posted.

Edited by Crossface

Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman© Vs. The Godwinns Vs. Born In The USA Vs. Brian Adams and Brian Lee

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Shamrock/Helmsley

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? IC Title

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Tag Title

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 1

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? WWF Title Match

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? (Rude's assistant doesn't count) No

7. Post the order of eliminations in the fatal four elimination match: Adams and Lee, Born in USA, Godwinns

8. Post the order of eliminations in the triple threat match: Sid, Kevin Nash

9. Who will be Rick Rude's assistant? Clarance Mason

10. Who will be in the deciding fall in the tag team match between Hall, Waltman, Bulldog and Vader? (Post the winner and loser) Bulldog over Waltman

Prediction Time:

Shawn Micheals beats Cactus Jack

My reasoning is Jack got the victory at Mania thus it's his turn to return the J-O-B. Plus it's typical that the face is going to win the big blow off match plus it allows Michaels to looks strong going into his match with Bret Hart. I think, Jack will end up doing a sick bump which leads to Michaels getting the win. Jack will probably end up being out injured for a few months time. Another reason I think Michaels will win because you tend to have a soft spot for him.

Undertaker beat Kevin Nash & Sid

It's looking like the story is Rick Rude trying to find ways of getting the title off Undertaker. With such a story to work, Undertaker needs to be keeping the title so more challenges can be thrown his way. Plus I feel that Undertaker needs one big final blow off match with Kevin Nash in a singles match (KOTR?). Besides, Taker has had a very short reign thus far and I'd expect him to be champ until at least SummerSlam.

Rick Martel beat Bret Hart

Martel will cheat here and then go on to brag about his amazing victory. I'm sensing a big Martel push thus this win will really put him over the edge. Besides, Bret is over enough that he can take a few loses like this one. I see this end up being a feud to take us through the early summer months.

Chris Beniot & Brian Pillman beat Godwinns, Team USA & Lee/Adams

I have a fear that Godwinns are heading for a title run just because of how much Vince loves the hillbillies. I also think that title change will be saved for a straight up 2 on 2 match. I see Beniot & Pillman cheating to get past the tough hillbillies and thus setting up a rematch for KOTR. Team USA & Team Brian will just join the tag team shuffle after this match.

Al Snow beat Steve Austin

Can this end any other way? Snow has to eventually beat Austin for the title. He is extremely over and the fans would demand it. Besides, the story has all been about Snow chasing Austin for that championship. I just can't see any other ending besides the happy one with Snow becoming the champion and finally beating Austin. This should really end up being one of the classic moments of the year. Only way I see Austin winning is if yet another rematch is set up for KOTR but how could Snow justify another???? Snow will win and it should be awesome.

Scott Hall & Sean Waltman beat Vader & Bulldog

Vader & Buldog have got the better of Waltman & Hall at every single turn. The story has been that Waltman and Hall can't co-exist due to some stale bad blood from a year ago. Hall & Waltman are much bigger stars then Vader/Bulldog at this point. Maybe not in EWR overness but definitely in how you have been writing this diary. Despite some miscommunication and arguing, I see the crazy partners that hate each other being able to pull off the win. They will then move onto the messing with Rick Rude.

Ken Shamrock beat Hunter Hearst Helmsley

I originally went with Helmsley after I noticed how many faces I've predicted to win here. Shamrock has been getting one upped for most of this feud. I think, it's time for his eventual revenge. Besides, the main story is Helmsley and Goldust. I feel Goldust will cost Hunter the match by accident. It will cause a rather upset Hunter and will lead to Goldust trying to do things to appease him. Shamrock will win but this is probably the match prediction I'm least sure about.

Tie Breakers:

1. The tag team championship match with be the first on the card.

2. Steve Austin v. Al Snow will once again get best match of the night honours

3. Tag Team championship will get the worse match quality

4. 1 title change

5. Assuming that Hell in the Cell is the main event, I'm going to say that the World Title match will be second last.

6. No new debuts unless you're counting Mero's guest who I think will be Scorpio

7. Elimination order: 1. Team Brian, 2. Team USA, 3. Godwinns

8. Elimination order: 1. Sid, 2. Nash

9. Rude's assistant will be Owen Hart

10. Ramon will pin Bulldog

Final Card

Winner: HBK

Winner: Taker

Winner: Snow

and Brian Lee

Winner: Benoit and Pillman

Winner: Hart

Winner: Shamrock

Winners: Hall and Waltman

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Shamrock-HHH

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Snow-Austin

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Tag Match

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 1

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? WWF Title Match

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? (Rude's assistant doesn't count) No

7. Post the order of eliminations in the fatal four elimination match. Godwinns, Adams-Lee, Made In USA

8. Post the order of eliminations in the triple threat match. Sid, Nash

9. Who will be Rick Rude's assistant? Don't know

10. Who will be in the deciding fall in the tag team match between Hall, Waltman, Bulldog and Vader? (Post the winner and loser) Winner: Hall Loser: Bulldog