user posted image

Credit Jack Krauser for the logo

Channel: USA Network

Time Slot: Late Evening

Date: April 12, 1997

Attendance: 9,017

Ticket Sales: $360,680

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Todd Pettengill

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Dok Hendrix and Todd Pettengill are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Handicap Match

Yokozuna Vs. The Quebecers

Looks like Yokozuna is going to start getting pushed again after this dominating performance against The Quebecers. The announcers were really pushing Yokozuna as a former two time WWF Champion and '93 Royal Rumble winner. Yokozuna didn't have a hard time disposing of the former three time tag team champions as he started off running both Jacques and Pierre with a pair of clotheslines before avalanching both men in the corner. Yokozuna tossed Jacques out to the floor and finished Pierre off with a belly to belly suplex followed by the Bonzai drop to win this match.

67, 69, 65 *

Jacques Rougeau lost overness from this match.

Pierre Oulette lost overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Championship

Chavo Guerrero© Vs. Nasty Mike

Nasty Mike is just Mike Lockwood with a name change for one reason or another. The only nasty thing he did was flicking his tongue out. All in all a pretty good match here. Nasty Mike looked like he was going to win the title several times, And even gained a extremely close two count after rolling up Chavo with his feet all over the ropes, But the champion somehow managed to kick out. Nasty Mike looked to have the match won after delivering a tornado DDT to Chavo, But instead of covering Chavo, Mike headed up top. Mike went for a big splash, But Chavo moved out of the way and all Mike got was canvas. Chavo finished Mike off the brainbuster followed by the Frog Splash to pick up the win.

69, 56, 82 **1\2

The WWF Light Heavyweight title has gained in image.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Rocky Maivia Vs. "Hindu Hero" Tiger Ali Singh

It seems that despite Vince McMahon promising that Rocky Maivia will be the future of the WWF, There's no plans to push him. And Tiger's push seems to have already died down. A decent little match here, With both men looking to have the match won several times. The announcers ignored this match and chose to talk about the main event we're going to see on Monday Night Raw, Where it'll be Billy Gunn challenging The Undertaker for the WWF Championship. Rocky Maivia picks up the win after nailing Tiger with the Third Generation Syndrome out of nowhere.

70, 71, 69 *1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sycho Sid, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger Vs. Suicide Blonds and John Bradshaw

Crowd was into this match big time. No Dawn Marie or Duke Droese at ringside though. The announcers speculated on who would join The Money Mine next Sunday night at In Your House through out the match. The Money Mine isolated Adam Copeland early on and pounded on him. Whenever it looked like Copeland was going to make the hot tag, Sid would get tagged in and start tossing Copeland around. Copeland was finally was able to make the hot tag to Bradshaw, Who came into the ring and started cleaning house, With the crowd right behind him. The match came down to Bradshaw and Simon Diamond, Bradshaw ran over Diamond with a lariat, But the referee informed Bradshaw that he wasn't the legal man. Sycho Sid then Choke Slammed Bradshaw to get the win.

77, 73, 81 **3\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Steve Bradley Vs. Taka Michinoku

These two have faced each other several times in the past, With Bradley somehow always pulling out the win. The announcers hyped these two as possible contenders for the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship, Which is currently held by Chavo Guerrero. Both men had a back and fourth type match, Executing some high flying moves to the floor. Taka looked to have the match after coming off the top with a moonsault to Bradley, But Bradley had his hand on the ropes. Taka then went for the Michinoku Driver, But Bradley countered into a pinning predicament and scored the win.

70, 63, 77 **

Taka Michinoku lost overness from this match.

Steve Bradley gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Ahmed Johnson finishes off Sean Waltman with the Pearl River Plunge! (Friday Night Mayhem 4/11/97)

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Mark Henry

Helmsley was somehow able to carry Henry to a decent match here. The crowd was really into this one, Booing everything Helmsley did, Especially when he'd do his little pose. Henry got a big ovation from this crowd during his entrance and the crowd went bananas each time the big man would toss Helmsley around and run down the former Intercontinental Champion with stiff clotheslines. Helmsley couldn't keep the big man down nor could he apply the Pedigree to Henry. Henry looked to have the win after delivering the World's Strongest Slam to Helmsley, But Helmsley had his feet on the ropes. Henry started arguing with the referee, Which allowed Helmsley to pull out a pair of brass knuckles from his tights and nail Henry in the face with them behind the referee's back for the win. RAW Saturday Night went off the air with Helmsley celebrating his victory.

82, 87, 71 **

Overall Rating- 66

TV Rating- 2.93

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 1.91

Attendance- 6,531

Ticket Sales- $261,240

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.98

Attendance- 1,757

Ticket Sales- $52,710

WCW Spring Stampede

Pay Per View Buyrate- 1.43

Attendance- 15,032

Ticket Sales- $901,920

Pay Per View Revenue- $3,575,000

ECW Apocalypse Now!

Attendance- 3,857

Ticket Sales- $154,280

Notes

"Our ratings battle with Hardcore TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. They have more star power than us, and that is affecting our image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them. The fans see us as being the more professional promotion, thanks to our higher production values." -Sophie

News

- WCW have signed independent worker Billy Kidman to a written contract!

- WCW have signed Larry Zbyszko to a written contract!

- WCW have signed Ultimate Warrior to a written contract!

- ECW have signed independent worker Rex King to a written contract!

- Ole Anderson has agreed to an open contract with USPW!

user posted image

Credit Jules for the awesome banner

Date: April 20, 1997

Current Card

World Wrestling Federation Championship

The Undertaker© Vs. Kevin Nash

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Al Snow Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin©

World Wrestling Federation European Championship

Alex Wright© Vs. Ahmed Johnson

Hardcore Rules Match

Shawn Michaels Vs. Terry Funk

Handicap Match

British Bulldog and Vader Vs. Bret Hart

Ken Shamrock and Rick Martel Vs. Goldust and ?

Plus, The New Commissioner Will Be Announced

Plus, The Money Mine Promise A New Member

Glad to see Warrior go to WCW, and I was afraid you had signed him to return as the "Master Of Lightning". RSN was a solid card, and it's good to see Mike Lockwood back, even though his gimmick sounds idiotic. A few old faces showing up this week, with Rocky, Tiger Ali & Bradshaw. Whatever happened to the Bradshaw push?

Not that i'm complaining, but just curious...

Glad to see Warrior go to WCW, and I was afraid you had signed him to return as the "Master Of Lightning". RSN was a solid card, and it's good to see Mike Lockwood back, even though his gimmick sounds idiotic. A few old faces showing up this week, with Rocky, Tiger Ali & Bradshaw. Whatever happened to the Bradshaw push?

Not that i'm complaining, but just curious...

Sorry the preview is only posted now but it's been a been a busy day for me.

user posted image

Date: April 14, 1997

Tonight Monday Night Raw comes to you live from Fayetteville, Arkansas. We're only six days away from In Your House "Back From The Dead" and tonight we're going to see a main event that might change this Sunday's Pay Per View. The Undertaker heads into In Your House to defend the World Wrestling Federation Championship against the genetic wonder Kevin Nash, But before he heads into Sunday's match, The Undertaker will defend the WWF Championship against one of the greatest wrestlers to ever step foot in a WWF ring, Billy Gunn. Despite having a long losing streak, Billy Gunn is still one of the most talented wrestlers in the WWF. Kevin Nash has allowed this match to take place tonight feeling that if Gunn somehow upsets Undertaker, Then he'll have a easy time beating Gunn this Sunday night. But what if Billy Gunn wins? Despite having a long losing streak, Billy Gunn might somehow be able to pick up the win tonight. This is no doubt the biggest main event in the history of Monday Night Raw. Before tonight's main event though, Todd Pettengill will conduct a special interview with The Undertaker. What will the phenom have to say as he heads into the biggest match of his career against Billy Gunn?

The "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels heads into In Your House to face one of the most sadistic men to ever step foot in a WWF ring, Terry Funk. Funk is the man who screwed Michaels out of his match against Cactus Jack at Wrestlemania one month ago. Tonight we'll hear from Michaels. What will The "Heart Break Kid" have to say six days before we head into In Your House and the hardcore rules match?

The people's champion Ahmed Johnson heads into In Your House with Alex Wright's WWF European Championship, The title that he stole from Wright to lure Wright into a title match. Tonight we'll hear from Ahmed Johnson in a special interview conducted by Jim Ross. What will the challenger for the WWF European Championship have to say? We know that Alex Wright is here tonight, But after his unsuccessfull attempt at getting his title back this past Friday night, Will he try again?

Matches For Monday Night Raw

Goldust, Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Sean Waltman Vs. Ken Shamrock, Rick Martel and "The Wildman" Marc Mero with Sable

Goldust is going to In Your House to face Rick Martel and Ken Shamrock in a match where Goldust gets to choose his partner. Tonight he teams with two of the most talented wrestlers in the WWF, Sean Waltman and Hunter Hearst Helmsley to face both of his opponents at In Your House, And the bizarre Marc Mero. Mero is still suffering from a serious concussion but "The Wildman" says that he doesn't need any time off. Will his concussion come into play tonight? Which team will come out victorious?

Cactus Jack Vs. John Bradshaw

Cactus Jack will be in Terry Funk's corner this Sunday night when Funk battles Shawn Michaels. But tonight Jack must face the big hoss known as John Bradshaw. John Bradshaw is no stranger to the brawling enviroment, Will he upset Cactus Jack tonight? This should be a classic.

Sycho Sid Vs. Al Snow

Al Snow is challenging Steve Austin this Sunday night for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. Tonight he takes on the monster Sycho Sid. Can Al Snow pull off the win over the member of The Money Mine? Or will he suffer a Powerbomb?

Vader and British Bulldog Vs. Suicide Blonds

Vader and Bulldog will wrestle Bret "The Hitman" Hart at In Your House in a two on one handicap match. Tonight they must go through the young team of Christian Cage and Adam Copeland. Can the young rookies pull off the huge upset? Or will these two powerful men run right over them as we head into In Your House?

The Undertaker© Vs. Billy Gunn

The biggest main event in Monday Night Raw history takes place. The Undertaker must face the toughest challenge of his career as he defends the WWF Championship against one of the greatest WWF superstars of all time. Can Billy Gunn come out of his losing streak and become the new WWF Champion? Or will The Undertaker retain the title? This is no doubt going to be the biggest match in Monday Night Raw history.

Edited by Baby Hewey

user posted image

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: April 14, 1997

Attendance: 9,011

Ticket Sales: $360,440

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Monday Night Raw comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Vince McMahon and Jim Ross are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

The Ultimate Battle For The World Wrestling Federation Championship

The crowd is booing as Todd Pettengill stands in the ring with a microphone in hand. Todd is smiling like the arrogant sob that he is as the crowd boos him.

Todd Pettengill- Wazzzzzuuuuuuup? (crowd boos) Shaaaaaaaduuuuuuup! (crowd boos) Todd's in this grill and it's burning hot! Check out the sizzle! Now, Vinnie Mac or Jim Ross was suppose to do an interview with the WWF Champion, The Undertaker, But let me tell you guys something, Nobody in their right mind wants to see the two of you tonight! Jim Ross, Sit that fat Oklahoma ass down on your chair before Todd shows you some Toddanomics! And Vince, Don't make me go there and slap that toupee off of your head! So just sit back there and call the action, Because Todd's gonna be the star of the show! I came to this pice of crap state of Arkansas, (crowd boos) Shaaaaaaaduuuuuuup! Like I said, I came to this crappy state, And lemme tell you people something, You women here, Man, You women here need to get some damn work done! (crowd boos) Ya'll look like a hog had sex with a sheep or something! Brutal! One of these fat chicks tried to feel Todd up, But her hand was fat, It was so fat that it felt like I was being groped up by some jelly or something! (crowd boos) Half of you people here look like you're relatives with Jabba the Hutt! (crowd boos) The women here are so freaking ugly! It hurt Todd's eyes looking in this crap hole state of yours! (crowd boos) Look at all you people! (crowd boos) You should all be slapped in the face! Wazzzzzuuuuuuup! You got more missing teeth than a new born baby! Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Now, Like I said, It's time for Todd to be on Monday Night Raw! (crowd boos) I am the best announcer there has ever been in this business, So now let me introduce to you, The man who takes on a good buddy of mine, Kevin Nash at In Your House this Sunday night, The Undertaker!

The lights go off to a huge ovation from the crowd. The music of The Undertaker hits to a huge ovation as the WWF Champion makes his way down to the ring. The Undertaker gets up on the steel steps and raises his arms up in the air, Bringing back the lights. The WWF Champion enters the ring while Todd plays it cool.

Todd Pettengill- Undertaker, Todd's got a few questions for you tonight. The first one being, Does Todd look damn good or what? (Undertaker just stares at Todd.) What's the matter? Cat got your tongue? (Undertaker continues staring at Todd, Todd looks a bit concerned.) Right............ Well, This Sunday night you take on my boy Kevin Nash for that WWF Championship. Now, I know you won the title at Wrestlemania against that bum Scott Hall, But you're going to be facing the genetic wonder at In Your House. You're gonna be fighting Kevin Nash, The greatest WWF Champion of all time! (crowd boos) Don't make Todd go out there and slap the fat out of all you little cupcakes! (crowd boos) Undertaker, You're going into the toughest battle of your life. The Pay Per View is called

"Back From The Dead", But after you lose, I don't think you'll be coming back from anything! (Undertaker continues staring at Todd, Who's now smiling.) Come on, Kevin Nash is gonna kick your ass phenom! Somebody call Todd's daddy because Undertaker's gonna be six feet deep at In Your House! (crowd boos) Shaaaaaaaduuuuuuup! Undertaker, Kevin Nash is gonna destroy you! He's gonna demolish you! He'll...................

The crowd erupts as The Undertaker drops his title down on the canvas and grabs Todd by the throat! Todd's begging for mercy, But no! Choke Slam! Choke Slam to Todd! The crowd is going nuts, Chanting "Undertaker". Undertaker does the throat cut signal and lifts Todd up. Tombstone! Todd just got tombstoned! Undertaker grabs Todd's microphone and waits for the crowd to simmer down. Before Undertaker can speak, Kevin Nash's music comes on to huge heat from the crowd. Nash stands on top of the entrance way holding a microphone while The Undertaker stares him down.

Kevin Nash- (In a obvious sarcastic tone) Oh no! You tombstoned The Todd! Undertaker, You can't go around beating up announcers. I mean, If it was Jim Ross, Vince McMahon, Coachman or some other dork, Then sure, But this is Todd! (crowd boos) He's my "boy"! We're in the Clique damn it! Who's gonna hang out with the new WWF Champion now? Maybe I can go find Scott Hall. (crowd boos) I'm sure he's somewhere in Miami. Maybe he's hanging out with all the Cubans down there. Drinking a beer, Playing some pool, Or maybe he's at home, Sitting on some crappy couch, Wearing a Hawaiian shirt, Watching the man who suspended his ass on TV! (crowd boos) Now, Scott Hall, Let me tell you something, After I win the title this Sunday night, I'll let you return. You can carry my bags or something. (crowd boos) And Undertaker, This little incident will cost you. Yeah, About five thousand dollars! (crowd boos) Hey, I know for you people that's alot of money since you have to go around collecting nickles, But when you're in the big time like us, That's nothing. Now, Onto our match this Sunday night. I know everyone wants to see this freak beat me, Am I right? (Big ovation from the crowd.) But that ain't gonna happen. (crowd boos) See, I am a genetic wonder. I am the most talented wrestler in the whole damn company. And when you have talent like me, Well, You can beat anyone. I've beaten the best of them. And last time we were in the ring, I beat you Undertaker. (crowd boos) Don't boo the truth. Or are you people too damn ignorant? Fact is, Undertaker might have his powers and all that stuff, But you can't beat a genetic wonder. It's not possible. And Sunday night that title is going back around my waist. Oh, By the way, Tonight when you take on Billy Gunn, (In a another obvious sarcastic tone) The man who I think is going to be the next WWF Champion, There will be a little enforcer at ringside. Just to make sure one of these losers don't try to "jump" the rail and try to cost Mr. Gunn the title. Me! I'll be at ringside to make sure everything is in check. Now, If Billy Gunn does beat you tonight, Then it's me and him Sunday night for the title. If he doesn't, No problem, I'll just kick your ass............ Again!

Nash smirks as his music plays. Nash does the title around the waist motion before heading to the back. We go to a commercial break with Undertaker standing over Todd's body.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Goldust, Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Sean Waltman Vs. Ken Shamrock, Rick Martel and "The Wildman" Marc Mero with Sable

Hot match up here. McMahon and Ross kept wondering who would join forces with Goldust to take on Martel and Shamrock this Sunday night. The crowd was into everything these men did tonight. It started off with all six men going at it, With everyone except Goldust and Shamrock ending up on the outside. Shamrock dominated Goldust in the ring and looked like he was going to be on his way to victory early by applying the Ankle Lock to Goldust, But Rick Martel entered the ring and shoved Shamrock away! Martel then applied the Ankle Lock to Goldust and did some "intense" looks, Mocking Shamrock. Martel kept posing and showing off through out the entire match, Not paying attention whenever Shamrock or Mero looked to be in trouble. The heel team isolated Shamrock and came down hard on the world's most dangerous man. At one point it seemed like Shamrock was going to tag in Martel, But Martel seemed to avoid it and started posing! After countering Helmsley's Pedigree attempt into a catapult, Sending Helmsley into the turnbuckles, Shamrock nailed Helmsley with a DDT and made the hot tag to Mero while Helmsley tagged in Waltman. "The Wildman" entered the ring and started to clean house. Showing no signs of a concussion. All six men got into it again, With Martel still posing and trying to get all of Shamrock's glory. Shamrock clotheslined Helmsley out to the floor and then turned around into a Goldust right hand. Both men battled near the ropes allowing Martel to toss both men out to the floor! Martel didn't even seem to mind the fact that he tossed his partner out, And started posing. This allowed Waltman to drill him with a kick to the back of the head sending him out to the floor. The match came down to Waltman and Mero. Mero looked to be well on his way to victory after delivering a tornado DDT to Waltman. Mero went up top and went for the Wild Thing, But Helmsley rolled Waltman out of the way making Mero hit the canvas. Waltman then drilled Mero with a stiff kick for the win while Martel, Shamrock and Goldust were on the outside.

After the match ended, Shamrock came into the ring to check on Mero along with Sable. Martel came in, Even though it looked like he could care less while Waltman, Helmsley and Goldust headed to the back. Mero got up, Refusing medical attention from the paramedics who came down to the ringside area. and shoved his partners out of the way. Sable tried to get Mero to let him get checked out, But Mero shoved her aside and started yelling at everyone. Mero kept yelling that he sees it and that he has the power. Mero left the ring mumbling while Shamrock and Sable looked concerned, Rick Martel on the other hand, Posed and grinned.

85, 88, 81 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Truth About Johnson

We return from the commercial break with Jim Ross standing in the ring with a microphone.

Jim Ross- We've had quite a wild night tonight. We've seen Todd get his butt kicked by the WWF Champion, (Big ovation from the crowd.) We've seen a whole new side to "The Wildman". And now, I'll be interviewing one of the best young studs that the WWF has. (Cheers from the crowd.) Tonight I'll be interviewing the man who takes on Alex Wright at In Your House this Sunday night. May I now introduce to you, The people's champion, Ahmed Johnson! (Big ovation from the crowd with alot of "Ahmed" chants.)

Ahmed Johnson's music hits the arena and the crowd gives the people's champion a big ovation. Ahmed Johnson makes his way down to the ring carrying Alex Wright's WWF European Championship. Johnson enters the ring and poses with the title before shaking hands with Jim Ross. Ross waits for the crowd to quiet down before he talks.

Jim Ross- First of all, Thank you for joining us tonight. It'll be interesting to hear your thoughts on Sunday's big match. This Sunday night you'll have a chance to become the WWF European Champion as you take on Alex Wright. (The crowd boos as soon as Ross mentions Wright's name.) This has been quite the personal feud between the two of you. Since coming into the WWF, Alex Wright has insulted the American fans, He's destroyed every WWF superstar he's been in the ring with, Thanks to his massive bodyguard Joanie Laurer. And he's become the first ever WWF European Champion. You stole his title from him in order to get a chance to fight for it, And this feud has become mighty personal. Alex Wright vows that he will defeat you this Sunday night and make sure you never get a shot at him again. Your thoughts?

Ahmed Johnson- Jim Ross, That punk Alex Wright has been coming out here and dissing America. He's been dissing the people. The American people. (Boos from the crowd are heard.) Well, That don't sit well with me! (The fans cheer) See, I am the people's champion! (Big pop from the crowd) And Alex Wright is nothing more than a scared little German who's gonna get a thrown down this Sunday night. (Big pop from the crowd) Alex Wright, The only way you going to get this belt back is to pin my damn shoulders down to the mat. And that ain't happening punk. (Big pop from the crowd) You can't defeat me, You can't defeat America, And you can't defeat the people! (Big pop from the crowd) You claim that America is trash, Then why don't you get your ass out of the country? Go back to Germany and whine and cry there! We don't need you here! And after Sunday night, The WWF European Championship will be the WWF people's European Championship. No one is gonna stop me from dishing out a whooping on you. I'll hurt you so bad that your grand daddy gonna feel it. My time has come to put you..............

Ahmed Johnson is interrupted the music of Alex Wright. The crowd boos while Jim Ross and Ahmed Johnson look around. They look up on the top of the stage, But Wright's not there. Instead, Wright is shown on the big screen. Wright appears to be outside of the arena, Where it's raining. Wright seems to be soaking in on the rain. Wright then puts on a rain jacket with a hood on up over his head.

Ahmed Johnson- What do you want?

Alex Wright- Must you always growl like a ape? (crowd boos) Shut up! Shouldn't you people be having sex with your relatives or something? (crowd boos) I heard that is quite the family tradition in Arkansas. (crowd boos) Then again, Why have sex with your relatives when you got plenty of farm animals hanging around? Hang on, Those aren't farm animals, They're just the people here! (crowd boos) Ahmed Johnson, You are a true American. Let me tell you that much. See, Like every other American, You're fake. You got a fake image. You hide the truth. And I have found out the truth about you my friend. Now, The WWF has made sure to put you as some kind of young man who's fought his way to the top, Who's excelled in sports and became a big superstar. But the fact is, You have alot of problems. Hell, Your whole life has been one big joke. I got a friend down in New York City who gave me this document. Wright pulls out some papers from his jacket. This is the truth about your life and what you thought it was. Your mother, Anne Johnson is a whore and a liar. She told you that your father died in a car accident before he knew she was pregnant, But the truth is that your mother worked the streets as a prostitute! I have her records right here. She was arrested on the streets over five times. Three of those times were due to drug possession. Your mother became pregnant with you while she still worked the streets. Hell, It took a near death experience to make her stop being a whore. But it didn't stop her from almost dying of a drug overdose. While she was pregnant with you. No wonder you're such a moron. I'm surprised you can walk up right after all the drugs your mother did when she was pregnant with you. And she hid that from you. You went your whole life believing your mother was some kind of saint when the truth is, She was a whore and a addict. Even when she was pregnant with you! You believed your mom was a good woman. But she's not. She might be "clean" now, And I'm sure she's been clean since having you, But the lie hurts more. Sure, She works with special children, She reads to the old, She helps out her community, But does that change the fact that she never told you the truth? The truth is, You were a mistake. Your mother had a overdose while she was pregnant with you. She tried to get rid of you. She didn't want you. I'm sure she would have rather been in some bathroom doing a line instead of delivering you into this world. And Sunday night she'll get to see her mistake, Her bastard get destroyed by me! (crowd boos) And as she watches you get beaten on, Get punched and kicked, Treated like a piece of garbage, She'll realize that she should have never had you. Ahmed Johnson, You were brought into this world as a mistake. I'm sure your mom regrets having you, And there's nothing you can do about it. You might have my title with you, But we both know it doesn't belong to you since you stole it from me. But telling you the truth about your mother has made me so happy. I love the look in your eyes right now. The disappointment. The sorrow. The pain and the sadness. Ahmed Johnson, Not only did I tell the whole world about your mother. But I told you what you thought you'd never get to hear. Not only was your mother a whore and a addict, But you have no father. And Sunday night, I'll make sure you have no career after I'm done with you. I'll show no mercy on you. Why should I? I don't feel sorry for you. Not one bit. I'll see you on Sunday night Ahmed Johnson. And I think that after what I just said, You'll have alot more to worry about than our title match.

Alex Wright fades from the screen as we're taken back to the ring where Ahmed Johnson is shown. He's silent, Looking like he can't believe what he's been told. Jim Ross tries to console Johnson by saying that it happened a long time ago, But Johnson just heads off. Vince McMahon says that Alex Wright has crossed the line tonight and that the World Wrestling Federation does not condone this kind of behavior or language. McMahon says that Wright might be fearing for more than his WWF European Championship this Sunday night after Ahmed Johnson gets through with him.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Cactus Jack with Terry Funk Vs. John Bradshaw

The crowd has been hot all night and they were hot for this big match up. John Bradshaw came down the isle way carrying a trash can with him and he jumped both Jack and Funk with it. He nailed Funk with several shots to the head after booting Jack down. Bradshaw then tossed Funk to the outside and he and Jack started going at it. Bradshaw had the advantage early on, Using stiff blows to Jack, Pounding the hardcore icon into the corner and nailing Jack with right hands and kicks. Funk tried to run into the ring early on but got a lariat for his trouble. The distraction allowed Cactus Jack to deliver a swinging neck breaker to Bradshaw which allowed Jack to have the advantage. Cactus Jack was able to take Bradshaw out to the floor and follow up with the running elbow drop off of the apron out on the floor. When Jack tried to whip Bradshaw into the steel steps, The big hoss countered and drove Jack into the steel steps, With Jack's knees hitting the steps! But thanks to Funk interfering behind the referee's back, Jack was able to again gain control of the match. Cactus Jack kept coming closer to putting away Bradshaw, But the big Texan fought back and started making a comeback. Bradshaw nailed Jack with right hands and followed up with a big boot for a close near fall. Bradshaw drilled Cactus Jack with a stiff lariat, But Funk got up on the apron. Bradshaw booted Funk off of the apron, But when he turned around, Jack applied the Mandible Claw to Bradshaw! Bradshaw tried to fight out of it, But there was no escape and the hoss ended up passing out.

Post match, Jack let go of the hold and smiled like a lunatic while Terry Funk entered the ring. Funk and Cactus stood over Bradshaw and smiled. Jim Ross and Vince McMahon wonder what would happen to Shawn Michaels this Sunday night when he takes on Terry Funk in a hardcore rules match up.

81, 83, 78 **3\4

Taking Care Of Business

Vince McMahon and Jim Ross were talking about how a incident occurred earlier in the evening with new WWF superstar, Luigi Alfredo Rufino. McMahon talked about how a WWF truck was broken into a few weeks ago and how merchandise was stolen. We were then shown what happened earlier today.

We see a table set up with a bunch of WWF merchandise all around. A man is sitting besides the table with a cash register. He's counting his money and smiling. The man is none other than Luigi Alfredo Rufino. He's selling merchandise to fans, And the prices seem quite high.

Random Fan #1- $60 for a Undertaker shirt? Last time I got one was for $20! What a rip off!

Luigi Alfredo Rufino- Hey, Do you see anyone else selling merchandise? This is one hundred percent legit WWF merchandise. I got a hold of this crap and I'm selling it for how much I want to sell it! If you don't want it, Don't buy it!

Random Fan #2- $100 for the Royal Rumble VHS? I could get this at the mall for $19.99!

Luigi Alfredo Rufino- You could, But look at the back. There's signatures from Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, The Undertaker and Rick Martel! This is a collectors item! It's rare!

Random Fan #2- These signatures all look the same! You're trying to rip us off!

Luigi Alfredo Rufino- Me? Rip you off? Come on, I'm not trying to rip you off. This is legit stuff. My contact got it for me. Fact is, There ain't no merchandise stands here except for mine! So either you can pay up, Or not support your favorite WWF superstar! I.............

Luigi Alfredo Rufino stops talking and looks in front of him. The camera moves in and we're shown Mark Henry standing in front of him, Not looking too pleased.

Luigi Alfredo Rufino- Can I interest you in a T-Shirt? Maybe a Undertaker glow in the dark T-Shirt?

Mark Henry- I don't want no damn shirt.

Luigi Alfredo Rufino- Come on, I'm sure I got your size. What are you? A extra, extra, extra large? laughs

Mark Henry- I want to talk to you but your little operation here. Where did all of this merchandise come from?

Luigi Alfredo Rufino- I bought it. I'm just selling merchandise. Trying to make some money for the family.

Mark Henry- Well, You're suppose to be a wrestler! You're not suppose to be trying to rip off these fans man! These are overpriced and you know it! You can't rip off these kids. They want to pay but not what you're charging. And secondly, You heard that some WWF truck got boosted into a few weeks ago? And that quite a few merchandise got stolen?

Luigi Alfredo Rufino- What's your point? Are you trying insinuate that I stole? First of all, You have no proof! And second of all, I suggest you step off before you get hurt. Just because you're bigger than me, Doesn't mean I can't take you down buddy. Got it? I hate it when everyone assumes a Italian person is a thief. Do I look like I boost trucks? Step off before you take a little trip down to New Jersey.

Mark Henry- Is that a threat? Because if it is, Then you're messing with the wrong man my friend. I suggest you sell this stuff at a fair price before I get your garlic eating behind busted!

Luigi Alfredo Rufino- All right, Look, You can run the table here. I already made my profit. You can put on a fifty percent off sale for all I care. I already made my money. And now I just gotta ask you a question, What's your name?

Mark Henry- My name is Mark Henry. I'm a former Olympian.

Luigi Alfredo Rufino- Well, Mr. Henry, Let me tell you something pal, You will have a heavy price to pay for messing in my business. I'd watch my back if I was you. I know Uncle Sal won't be pleased with some moron stepping up in our legit family business.

Mark Henry- I don't give a damn about your uncle, You try to rip these fans off again and you and I are going to have a big problem. Got me? Now then, Leave. Before we get mighty physical.

Luigi Alfredo Rufino- No problem. Have a nice day making some money.

Mark Henry- I don't want no money, I'm gonna hand these out to the fans for free!

Luigi Alfredo Rufino steps off and walks away. Henry turns his attention over to the table and starts handing out stuff to the kids. Then out of nowhere, Luigi Alfredo Rufino nails Henry with the cash register right to the back of the head! Henry falls over the WWF merchandise table, Flipping it over with all of the stuff falling on the floor. Luigi grabs a pipe and starts nailing Henry over the back with it several times! After working over Henry with the pipe, Luigi scares off the kids by swinging at them with the pipe. He looks at Henry who's out cold. Luigi lifts Henry's left hand up and takes off Henry's watch! He puts it around his wrist and smiles.

Luigi Alfredo Rufino- Uncle Sal will enjoy this. And I think these fans are now going to be mighty disappointed that you won't be able to sell them some merchandise. And as far as you're concerned, If you want a fight, Do it in the ring. I'll enjoy making an example out of you.

Luigi Alfredo Rufino heads off as the scene fades to black. We go over to the announce position where Ross insists that he might have had something to do with the stolen merchandise, But McMahon says that the police looked into it and there's nothing solid.

Luigi Alfredo Rufino debuted his new gimmick, (Mafia) it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Lightning will strike.............. The World Wrestling Federation will change forever, The Master Of Lightning Will Come................

Sycho Sid Vs. Al Snow

No Dawn Marie or the rest of The Money Mine at ringside here, The announcers claimed that Dawn Marie was meeting with the newest member of The Money Mine who would come forward this Sunday night at In Your House and that she and the other members of The Money Mine went to New York to negotiate with him. Al Snow carried Sid to a good match here. It started off with Snow going right after Sid. Nailing Sid with right hands and kicks. But nothing Snow did seemed to have an impact on Sid, Who almost took Snow's head off with a stiff clothesline. Sycho Sid and Al Snow went to the outside about three minutes into the match where Sid ended up ramming Snow into the steel ring post back first several times, And then inside the ring he worked over Snow with a submission back breaker hold and a camel clutch. Sid pounded Snow for quite awhile and looked to have things won after Choke Slamming Snow, But instead of covering Snow, Sid decided to go for the Powerbomb. Snow was able to escape and plant Sid with a DDT. Snow made the comeback and gained several near falls on Sid. Snow even came off the top with a moonsault to Sid, But Sid somehow kicked out. Al Snow went for a super kick, But Sid ducked and Snow accidentally took out the referee. Sid then tried to clothesline Snow, But Snow ducked and applied the Million Dollar Dream to Sid. Sid seemed to be passing out, But then, Steve Austin came running down from the back with a steel chair! Snow had his back to Austin and never saw Austin enter the ring. Austin drilled Snow with a shot to the back which made Snow break the hold. A shot to the head by Austin then knocked out Snow! Austin grabbed the chair and fled the ring as Sid covered Snow. The referee came to and counted the three, Awarding Sid the win.

After the match ended, Sycho Sid headed to the back while Al Snow was laid out in the center of the ring. Steve Austin watched from the top of the stage and laughed.

84, 89, 75 **1\2

Tag Match For Sunday Night

We cut to the backstage interview area where we see Marissa Mazzola standing by with the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions, Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman.

Marissa Mazzola- Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman, It's been announced that this Sunday night you'll defend your titles against D'Lo Brown and a tag team partner of his choice. This came about after D'Lo beat you, Chris Benoit this past Friday night and suffered a brutal attack on you and Brian Pillman's behalf. Your thoughts on this Sunday's match?

Chris Benoit- First of all, D'Lo Brown got lucky on Friday night. And it doesn't matter who wins the battle, But who wins the war. And Brian and I proved to D'Lo that this is a war he can't win. D'Lo Brown, You're heading into Sunday's match against two great technical wrestlers. Against two men who have already given you a beating, Against two men who will do anything to retain their titles. Do you honestly think you stand a chance in hell of beating us? It doesn't matter who your partner turns out to be. We'll still win, And we'll still walk out with the gold strapped around our waists.

Brian Pillman- Young D'Lo Brown, Oh the mistakes of youth. You might have gotten a lucky win over my comrade on Friday night, But like Chris Benoit said, One battle doesn't mean a thing. And you found out first hand. Do you think we're going to drop these titles to you and whoever you choose for a partner? We're ready for In Your House. These titles will stay around our waists. There is no beating us. It doesn't matter how much luck you have, It's all going to end this Sunday night when we demolish the two of you. We came to the WWF for the competition, And we're hoping you provide us some competition this Sunday night. We're...........

Brian Pillman stops speaking and he and Benoit look on, The camera reveals D'Lo Brown and the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, Chavo Guerrero standing by. The four men get face to face.

D'Lo Brown- You two fools want some competition? Well, I got my partner right here. The WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, Chavo Guerrero. One of the brightest, Youngest and most talented wrestlers in the World Wrestling Federation. I know you three know each other very well from your previous work experience, But Sunday night it's gonna be the two of us walking out with those titles you two carrying around.

Chavo Guerrero- You two wanted a challenge now you got it. Chris, Brian, I've faced the two of you before in the other federation, But this is the WWF. This is one year later. And I stand here as the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion. You two, The WWF Tag Team Champions. That's all well and good, But lets see who's made it farther in the past year. This Sunday night it'll be all about gold. And I plan on being a double champion with my partner D'Lo Brown after the night is done and over with. You two are losing those titles to the hottest team in the WWF.

D'Lo Brown- And there ain't nothing you two can do about that! We're taking the gold and the glory. Good luck, Cause you two are gonna need it!

All four men continue staring each other down, Brown and Guerrero head pt the titles that are over both Benoit's and Pillman's shoulder. Benoit and Pillman look at them with a intense look, But decide to leave the fighting for this Sunday. They head off as we're left with Brown and Guerrero looking on.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Vader and British Bulldog Vs. Suicide Blonds

Bret "The Hitman" Hart was at the announce position doing special commentary for this match. Hart talked about having trained Adam Copeland, And he also talked about how he'd beat both Bulldog and Vader this Sunday night at In Your House even though it's a handicap match. A hot match here, Best match of the night, No doubt about it. The young Suicide Blonds jumped the powerful tandem of Bulldog and Vader early on to try to get some sort of advantage. They had their way with Davey Boy Smith, But they could not take down the man they call Vader, Who ran right over both of them with a double clothesline. Vader and Bulldog pounded the two rookies, Working over Christian Cage, Isolating Cage. Vader used clotheslines and right hands in the corner while Bulldog showed off his power by gorilla slamming Cage and following up with the stalling vertical suplex for near falls. Bulldog and Vader would stop their beating on Cage to taunt Copeland and Bret Hart. British Bulldog ended up trying to deliver the Running Powerslam to Cage, But the young rookie escaped and delivered a sit out reverse DDT to Bulldog. Cage then slowly crawled to his corner and tagged in Copeland while Davey Boy Smith tagged in Vader. Copeland rushed the ring and nailed Vader with right hands and took down Vader after nailing Vader with three drop kicks! Bret Hart cheered on the Suicide Blonds as they double clotheslined Vader out to the floor and tossed Bulldog out onto Vader. Both men then came off the top turnbuckles onto both men on the floor! Cage and Bulldog were left out on the floor while Vader and Copeland went at it in the ring. Copeland took Vader down with a spinning heel kick and called for the Suicide Drop. Copeland stupidly tripped to lift the four hundred fifty six pound monster Vader up on his shoulder, But it couldn't be done. Exhausted, Copeland went for a hurricanrana, But Vader countered and powerbombed Copeland. Vader then dragged Copeland to the corner and hit the Vader Bomb for the win as Bulldog rammed Cage into the steel post.

Vader and Bulldog weren't done though, Bulldog rolled Cage into the ring where Vader almost decapitated Cage with a clothesline! Bulldog came into the ring and he and Vader started stomping down on Cage! Vader set up Cage for a powerbomb, But Bret Hart got up off his seat and grabbed a steel chair! "The Hitman" entered the ring with the steel chair and started swinging! Vader took a shot right to the head while Bulldog took one to the shoulder! Both Vader and Bulldog exited the ring while Hart checked on the young Suicide Blonds. Bret Hart dared both men to come get some, But they just stood their ground.

85, 82, 88 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Shawn Michaels

We return from the commercial break with "Sexy Boy" hitting the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd. The "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels makes his way down to the ring in his street clothing as the announcers hype Michaels' match with Terry Funk this Sunday night. It'll be a hardcore rules match. After doing some posing, Michaels is handed a microphone. Michaels waits for the "HBK" chants to quiet down before he speaks.

Shawn Michaels- It seems like the talk of the WWF is how old HBK has the odds stacked against him this Sunday night when he takes on the hardcore legend Terry Funk in a hardcore rules match. Terry Funk cost me my match against Cactus Jack at Wrestlemania and it seems as of late these two men have been hiding from the "Heart Break Kid". It seems like neither men want anymore of Shawn Michaels. Well, My first task is to beat the living hell out of Terry Funk. (Huge ovation from the fans) And after I'm done with Terry Funk, It's onto you Cactus Jack. You did win the battle at Wrestlemania. (the fans boo) But everyone knows I had you bleeding way before you had me bleeding. And if it wasn't for Terry Funk, I would have come out victorious. But that doesn't matter anymore. Wrestlemania has come and passed. This Sunday night you people will once again see that violent side of Shawn Michaels. (the fans cheer as McMahon and Ross remind us of Michaels' violent side, The side we've seen a few times in the past, Most recently at Wrestlemania.) And it seems as of late I've been getting burned when it comes to Pay Per Views. I been on a losing streak since November. (the fans boo) But after this Sunday night, Not only do I promise you fans that Shawn Michaels will break out of his losing pattern when it comes to Pay Per Views, But I will defeat and send Terry Funk's old ass back home! (Huge ovation from the fans) And then it'll be just you and I Cactus Jack. Just the two of us one more time. (Huge ovation from the fans) And this time Shawn Michaels will destroy Cactus Jack. Shawn Michaels will run right through Cactus Jack. You might be able to beat Shawn Michaels once, But you can't do it twice! (Huge ovation from the fans) You and HBK are gonna rumble again and next time I will defeat you and end our rivalry once and for all. And I have a feeling that Terry Funk ain't gonna be around to witness it after the blood bath this Sunday night. (Huge ovation from the fans) First it'll be Terry Funk, Then it'll be you Cactus! Good luck this Sunday, Because the "Heart Break Kid" is going to dance all over your face!

Michaels drops his microphone down and has a intense look on his face as his music plays. The fans are going nuts as Michaels poses for a bit. Michaels then heads to the outside of the ring and hops the rail! Michaels heads out through the crowd, Slapping hands with the fans in attendance as we get a graphic hyping the Funk/Michaels match.

No Good Jezebel

We cut to the locker room where we see Billy Gunn lacing up his boots. Gunn looks up where we see a pair of boots, The camera goes up showing some legs, And then Sunny. Billy Gunn looks surprised as Sunny stares him down, With a smile on her face.

Billy Gunn- Sunny? What's up? I thought after last week you wouldn't want a thing to do with me.

Sunny- Yeah, I know. But I decided to give you a chance. I mean, You might have been on a losing streak, But you're special Billy. You're still a great wrestler.

Billy Gunn- Really? What made you change your mind? Last week you left me and now you're all over me? What gives?

Sunny- Well, There must be something great about you if Kevin Nash wanted to book you in tonight's main event.

Billy Gunn- I guess you're right. I...........

Sunny- Of course there is! I know I been kinda harsh to you over the last couple of weeks, But I been doing it for your own good. Billy, This has toughened you up. And tonight you will become the WWF Champion. And I'd like to be in your corner!

Billy Gunn- Really?

Sunny- Sure. I want to see you become the champion. I want to take the title and present it to you. That is if you still want me around?

Billy Gunn- No problem. Lets go!

Sunny- But Billy, If you lose, Then it's over for real. This is your last chance to get me. Either you win the belt or you lose Sunny.

Billy Gunn- Don't worry, I got Nash backing me up. Tonight's my night babe! Billy Gunn is walking out with the WWF Championship!

Sunny- Lets go do it then.

Sunny and Gunn walk off hand in hand as we go to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Rocky Maivia puts Tiger Ali Singh away with the Third Generation Syndrome. (RAW Saturday Night 4/12/97)

The Undertaker© Vs. Billy Gunn with Sunny and Kevin Nash

Not a great main event, But the crowd made it for it. Nash came down to the ring to check on things, But it was obvious he was there to try to screw things up for The Undertaker. Billy Gunn jumped The Undertaker from behind and went to work on the phenom. Billy Gunn had some brief offense early on, But Undertaker ended up tossing Billy right out to the floor! They brawled on the outside with Nash looking on. Nash "accidentally" bumped into The Undertaker, Resulting in both men getting into a confrontation. Neither men backed up, With Nash insulting the champion, Undertaker responded by nailing Nash with a right hand and then ramming Nash into the steel ring post! Billy Gunn was able to get some offense after he rammed Undertaker into the steel steps, And distracted the referee which allowed Nash to drop Undertaker down across the steel guardrail. Billy Gunn scored several near falls over Undertaker, And gained a extremely close near fall after delivering a bulldog to The Undertaker. Billy Gunn didn't get frustrated, But Nash did. Nash kept interfering behind the referee's back but nothing he did could get Billy Gunn the win. Sunny even got involved by choking Undertaker down across the ropes and tripping him as he tried to clothesline Gunn. Undertaker made the comeback at the nine minute mark and started taking it to Billy Gunn. Undertaker planted Gunn with the flying DDT, But before he could cover Gunn, Nash pulled the referee to the outside and "accidentally" bumped into the referee, Causing the referee to get launched into the front row! Nash entered the ring and he and Undertaker started trading blows! Billy Gunn nailed Undertaker with a low blow from behind, Allowing Nash to plant Undertaker with the Jackknife Powerbomb! Nash left the ring and tried to wake up the referee while Gunn covered Undertaker. The referee got into the ring and counted, But only got a two count! Billy Gunn couldn't believe it! Gunn, Sunny and Nash all started throwing fits, Protesting with the referee. Undertaker then sat up! Nash saw it and got up on the apron, With Sunny standing right behind him. Undertaker nailed Gunn with right hands and set Gunn up for the Choke Slam, But instead, He whipped Gunn into Nash, Knocking Nash off of the apron right onto Sunny on the outside! Gunn then walked right into a huge Choke Slam! Undertaker finished Gunn off with the Tombstone for the three to retain the title!

After the match ended, Sunny threw a fit and headed to the back. Nash entered the ring with the World Wrestling Federation Championship and nailed a exhausted Undertaker over the back of the head with it! Nash then drilled Undertaker with a second Jackknife Powerbomb, Leaving Undertaker laid out! Nash grabbed the World Wrestling Federation Championship and posed with it, Standing over The Undertaker's body as Monday Night Raw went off the air.

84, 88, 76 **1\2

Overall Rating- 81

TV Rating- 7.62

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.07

Attendance- 6,509

Ticket Sales- $260,360

ECW Code Red

TV Rating- 4.21

Attendance- 1,759

Ticket Sales- $52,770

USPW Thursday Night Jam

TV Rating- 1.73

Attendance- 468

Ticket Sales- $9,360

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card." -John Bradshaw

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Christian Cage

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

News

- The Hardy Boyz have been let go of their contracts. Matt Hardy's contract was running out and he was told that it wasn't going to be renewed while Jeff Hardy would be let go as soon as Matt left the company. The WWF agreed to let both men go earlier than expected and they can start wrestling for other companies anytime they please. These two are very talented and we could see them back in the WWF later on. Right now the WWF has a huge roster and some talent needed to be cut. And sadly in this case, It was two young talented wrestlers.

- Phoebe Elizabeth, Erik Watts and Bill Alfonso have all been let go of their contracts. Alfonson, Much like Matt Hardy, Was going to be let go in three months, And the WWF decided it was better to release him now then to pay the remainder of his contract. As for the other two, It was simply due to the WWF having a much overcrowed roster right now. With all of these releases, The WWF still has 131 workers on the roster.

- Jim Niedhart has been sent down to USWA. It's expected that Neidhart will remain in USWA until the WWF comes up with a new character for him.

- WCW have fired Sister Sherri!

- WCW have fired Bobby Eaton!

- WCW have fired Hugh Morrus!

user posted image

Date: April 18, 1997

We're just two days away from In Your House "Back From The Dead". And we know that two huge matches will take place this Sunday night. First, Al Snow will challenge his former partner, The man who betrayed him, Steve Austin for the WWF Intercontinental Championship. And then, Terry Funk will go up against Shawn Michaels in a hardcore rules match. Tonight we're going to see Shawn Michaels and Al Snow will join forces tonight to face the team of Steve Austin and Cactus Jack in the main event! These two rivalries have been the talk of the WWF. And we know that Terry Funk will be in Little Rock tonight. Will Funk get involved? This is a chance for Michaels to take out Cactus Jack so there won't be any interference in his match against Funk this Sunday. What will happen when Snow and Austin are in there? Will we see Al Snow finally get revenge on Austin? This will be the biggest main event in Friday Night Mayhem history and you won't wanna miss it!

Both the WWF Champion, The Undertaker and Kevin Nash will be here tonight. After Nash laid out the phenom with the Jackknife Powerbomb on Monday Night Raw, Will the WWF Champion get his revenge? What will happen just two days away from the biggest match ever for the WWF Championship?

We'll be hearing from the team of British Bulldog and Vader tonight. We know that this Sunday night they'll face Bret "The Hitman" Hart in a handicap match, After Bret Hart ran them off on Monday night, Will we see them get some revenge? What will the man they call Vader and Davey Boy Smith have to say?

Goldust Vs. "The Wildman" Marc Mero

On Monday night we saw Marc Mero start going crazy, "The Wildman" refused medical assistance and started talking about how he sees it and how he has the power. Tonight, Mero must face Goldust. What will happen here? Marc Mero is obviously in no condition to wrestle tonight, But that won't stop him from taking on the former Intercontinental Champion. Who will win this match? Will Goldust finally reveal who his partner for In Your House is?

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger Vs. Detective Arnold Jelly and Born In The USA

The Money Mine requested this match tonight to show off their dominance. They want to show their newest member, Who will be joining them at In Your House, What they're all about. Nash booked them to face three of the toughest wrestlers in the WWF, The Patriot, Bart Gunn and Detective Arnold Jelly. Which team will come out victorious tonight?

Luigi Alfredo Rufino Vs. Mark Henry

We saw the debut of Luigi Alfredo Rufino this past Monday night when he attacked Mark Henry after Henry tried to get him to stop ripping off the fans with over priced merchandise. Luigi Alfredo Rufino not only beat down Henry, But he stole his watch as well. Tonight it's Henry's chance to get payback. Will Henry be able to defeat the newest WWF superstar? Or will the Italian superstar get the win in his debut match?

D'Lo Brown Vs. Brian Pillman

D'Lo Brown and Chavo Guerrero head into In Your House to face Benoit and Pillman for the WWF Tag Team Championship. Before In Your House, We'll see D'Lo take on Brian Pillman in singles action. Which man will score the win tonight?

Shawn Michaels and Al Snow Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Cactus Jack

The biggest main event in Friday Night Mayhem history take place as Michaels and Snow team up to face Cactus Jack and Steve Austin. Which team will come out victorious? This should set the stage for this Sunday night's In Your House event. And knowing these four men and the way they've been over the last couple of days, It should be an out of control match up.

user posted image

Channel: UPN

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: April 18, 1997

Attendance: 9,033

Ticket Sales: $361,320

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Violent Acts Scheduled For This Sunday

We kick things off with Cactus Jack and Terry Funk making their way down to the ring to enormous heat from this crowd. The two men walk down the entrance way and enter the ring. The fans boo and chant "HBK" as Terry Funk is handed a microphone. Coachman and Lawler hype what a violent match Funk versus Michaels should be this Sunday night.

Terry Funk- I came out here to address one person. And that person is the beloved Shawn Michaels. (a huge ovation is heard as soon as Funk mentions Michaels) You people love the guy right? (big pop from the crowd) The one and the only "Heart Break Kid". The man who's been on top of the World Wrestling Federation for quite sometime now. Shawn Michaels, When I sent out this man (pointing at Cactus Jack) to take you out, I had no idea what you would do. I knew you would fight back. I knew you'd keep fighting and fighting and fighting. (crowd cheers) You people should cheer. The man is all guts. All hearts. But he's got no brains! (the crowd boos and chant HBK) Shawn Michaels will do something that ends up costing him something much bigger. Take Wrestlemania for instant, He tried to play with Cactus Jack. He tried to put his body on the line like Jack does, And what did he get? A loss! (the crowd boos) Shawn Michaels lost at Wrestlemania thanks to me. And this Sunday night, Shawn Michaels is gonna go down! He's going to get destroyed by me! (the crowd boos) Your precious Shawn Michaels is going to suffer all kinds of pain. We're just two days away from In Your House. And I'm gonna make sure Cactus Jack gets a little taste of you. But just a little one. Because I don't wanna face you at In Your House all beat up. I wanna destroy you fair and square. That's why Cactus Jack won't be at ringside for our match. (crowd cheers) Why are you cheering? That won't mean that I won't be able to beat Shawn Michaels. Michaels, We've never wrestled before. You have no idea of what I am capable of. I've beaten the best of them. And Sunday night you will be another man on my long list of defeats. His blood will spill all over the arena. What I do to that man will make me get arrested. I promise you. (the crowd boos) Now then, Michaels, You talked alot of smack on Monday night. Do you think you'll be able to commit acts sicker than me? Do you think you got what it takes to take me out? I'm.................

Funk is interrupted by the music of Michaels hitting the arena to a huge ovation from this crowd. Funk and Jack watch the entrance way but there's no one coming down. The crowd then goes nuts as Michaels comes out through the crowd with a steel chair in hand! Michaels enters the ring while both Jack and Funk are watching the entrance way. Jack turns around and gets nailed by Michaels! Michaels then nails Funk with a shot right to the back! Michaels drops the chair down and starts punching away at Funk! Jack grabs the chair and nails Michaels with a shot to the back! Michaels is fighting back though! Michaels nails Jack with right hands but takes a chair shot right to the head! Funk grabs the chair away from Jack! Funk yells at Jack for softening Michaels up, And Funk looks like he's going to take a swing at Jack, But nails Michaels over the back with the chair instead! Funk lays in a few kicks to Michaels' ribs! Funk looks like he's going to drill Michaels with a shot to the head, But drops the chair down. Jack is about to attack Michaels, But Funk holds him back. Funk says he'll see Michaels later tonight. Michaels is left laid out in the ring while Funk and Jack head to the back.

Terry Funk gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Goldust Vs. "The Wildman" Marc Mero with Sable

Marc Mero came down to the ring with a crazed look in his eyes with Sable protesting him going to wrestle tonight. The announcers put over the fact that after a few shots to the head, Mero might not be all that there anymore. Coachman kept stressing that Mero needs time off as he's starting to lose it mentally. Mero wrestled with a new aggressive style, Attacking Goldust as Goldust was disrobing, And choking down Goldust. Mero used chokes and right hands to Goldust in the corner as well as plenty of stomps. The bizarre behavior from "The Wildman" had Coachman shocked, But not Lawler, Who kept stressing that Mero might not be all that dumb after all. Goldust was thrown to the outside by Mero, Who rammed Goldust into the steel steps like a mad man, Not stopping and hearing the referee's warning. Goldust's only offense was when he was able to rake Mero in the eyes and send Mero into the steps after Mero was distracted by the referee. Inside the ring, Goldust had Mero down with right hands, But Mero fought back and tackled Goldust down. Mero mounted Goldust and started running wild on Goldust with right hands. The referee tried to get Mero off of Goldust, But Mero shoved the referee down! This caused Mero to be disqualified!

Goldust fled the ring after the match ended while Mero started stomping on the referee! Sable entered the ring and tried to plead with Mero, But Mero shoved her away and kept kicking the referee! Referees and Road Agents came running down from the back to pull Mero off of the referee, Who appeared to be bleeding from the mouth. Mero had a crazed look on his face while Sable looked like she was going cry.

83, 87, 75 **1\2

Showing Off The Talent

We cut to the locker room where we see Ken Shamrock working out. Shamrock is hitting the punching bag as Rick Martel enters the locker room. Martel's got a expensive shirt and pants on with some nice looking shoes. Martel is all smiles while Shamrock just looks at him and continues punching the bag.

Rick Martel- Getting into shape huh? Well, You're going to need to exercise quite a bit. By looking at you, I see you got a little flab in that gut of yours. (Shamrock just looks at Martel and goes back to punching the bag.) How old are you? Twenty two? Twenty three? And you're in that kind of shape? Look at me Kenny. (Martel lifts his shirt up showing his physique) That's what it's all about. Three percent body fat right there. Pure hard work on this body. Men my age wish they could have a body like this. Or my talent. When I look at you, I see a young lion. A young lion trying to make his way up in the WWF. I've seen them before Ken. But half of them have always failed. You know guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Owen Hart, Undertaker? They all asked me for advice when they started out here. I swear. Undertaker was like on his knees asking me how to properly do the Tombstone. You know who came up with Sweet Chin Music? I did. (Martel pokes a little fun of HBK by stomping his feet around like when Michaels is setting up for Sweet Chin Music) With my advice you'll be a WWF Champion in like five, six years. You got some good moves, But they're not really all that effective. Take your little ankle move. Sure, It's nice and everything. But anyone could escape it. Where my Quebec Crab could cripple a man in under a minute. True story. And about Sunday night, I know you're nervous as hell to be teaming up with me. I know you don't want to disappoint me, But I'm sure you'll do fine. It's not like you're going to steal the show or anything, But I'll make you look good. And as far as Goldust and his partner are concerned, If it gets down to the two of them against me, Since you'll probably have to run to the back and throw up that fat you got there, Don't worry. Rick Martel can beat two, three, four, twenty guys all at once! Goldust and his partner are going down. And after our match, I know you're going to be wanting to hang around me, And that's cool and all. But I got a life too. I can't be giving you advice all the time. Maybe I'll let you move into my garage or something. How'd you like that. (Shamrock doesn't even bother to look at Martel now, He just keeps punching away) Trying to play it cool? Don't worry, I won't tell anyone how scared you really are. Just relax, Rick's gonna lead us to victory. Look, I gotta run. I gotta do a few autograph signings, Dine and wine with some girls, Things you do when you're a superstar. But I'll come check up on you later on. (Martel pats Shamrock on the back and leaves the dressing room. Shamrock continues punching the bag.)

Martel is shown outside of the locker room with a concerned look on his face.

Rick Martel- Poor kid, He's so damn nervous to be teaming up with someone like myself.

Ken Shamrock lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger with Dawn Marie and Sycho Vs. Detective Arnold Jelly and Born In The USA

The crowd was dead for this one after the last three segments. There weren't even "USA" chants heard despite The Patriot and Bart Gunn trying to rally the crowd. Jelly started off dominating the three members of The Money Mine, Tossing them around and running them over with clotheslines while the announcers hyped his career as a cop really hard. After Jelly tagged in Bart Gunn, The Money Mine was able to get the advantage. Droese ducked a clothesline from Gunn, Who went spilling out to the floor. The Money Mine then distracted the referee while Sycho Sid rammed Bart into the steel ring post. Droese, Swinger and Diamond triple teamed Bart for a long while, With Bart coming close to making the tag quite a few times. Lawler said that this was a practice match for The Money Mine, To show off their skills to their new member who would debut this Sunday night. Bart Gunn was able to make the hot tag to The Patriot after nailing Droese with the Forearm Shot, Which is of course a deadly move. The Patriot came into the ring and started to clean house. Jelly joined the fight and all six men started getting into it. The face team cleared the ring and all six men got into it on the outside, With Sid and Dawn Marie just watching. The Patriot and Droese came back into the ring with The Patriot nailing the Uncle Slam, But the referee was tied up with the action on the outside. Sycho Sid entered the ring and stomped on the back of The Patriot's head. Sycho Sid then rolled Droese on top of The Patriot and left the ring. The referee came into the ring and made the count, With The Money Mine getting the win.

After the match ended, Sycho Sid entered the ring and was attacked by Bart Gunn! Gunn nailed Sid with right hands and delivered a atomic drop to Sid! Bart Gunn was set to deliver the Forearm Shot, But Dawn Marie tripped him as he came off the ropes! Bart then staggered up to his feet and walked right into the Money Answer from Diamond and Swinger! Jelly came into the ring and ran down both men with a double clothesline! Jelly stood toe to toe with Sid and nailed Sid with devastating right hands! Jelly knocked down Sid with a right hand, But before he could capitalize, Droese nailed Jelly from behind! Droese then kicked Jelly right in between the legs! Sid got up and delivered a Choke Slam to Jelly! The Money Mine stood tall over the three bodies as the announcers wondered who the new member would be this Sunday night.

63, 54, 73 *1\2

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Luigi Alfredo Rufino Vs. Mark Henry

Bad in ring debut for Rufino, But then again, He had to go up against Mark Henry for God's sake. The crowd was into it though, As before the match started, They aired the events of last Monday night and how Rufino beat down Henry. Rufino came down to the ring in black truncks with the Italian flag designed on the back. He had short hair and a clean shaven look. Henry started this one off by trying to jump the Italian, But Rufino fled the ring! Henry chased Rufino all over ringside with Rufino entering the ring and hiding behind the referee when Henry got inside. Henry shoved the referee aside and started mauling Rufino with right hands. Henry knocked down Rufino with right hands and clotheslines. Henry even executed a bad back body drop that looked to have almost crippled Rufino. The match went back to the outside after Henry sent Rufino out to the floor with a stiff clothesline. The brawled on the outside with Rufino sending Henry face first into the steel ring post. Rufino then rammed Henry's arm right into the post before rolling Henry into the ring and coming off the top with a clothesline for two. Rufino worked over Henry's arm for a long while with a cross arm breaker and arm bar, But the world's strongest man was able to fight back. Henry nailed Rufino with more clotheslines and followed up with a devastating belly to belly suplex. Henry lifted Rufino up and went for the World's Strongest Slam, But all he got was a low blow, With referee Monty Davidson seeing it, But he didn't call for the bell! Rufino then rolled up Henry with a hand full of tights for the win!

Rufino got up and celebrated his win to boos from the crowd. He then pulled out a bunch of $100 bills out of his tights and put them in the pocket of Monty Davidson's shirt! Monty Davidson acted like he was scared or something and left the ring. Rufino laid a few kicks in on Henry before heading to the back. Coachman kept yelling about we having a dirty referee on our hands but Lawler said that he never saw anything go down and that Henry lost fair and square. Lawler claimed that Rufino might have threatened Monty Davidson into doing the right thing.

72, 73, 70 *3/4

Luigi Alfredo Rufino gained overness from this match.

It's Finally Over

We go backstage where we see Billy Gunn walking. Billy's wearing a white suit and he's carrying some chocolates and flowers. Billy goes up the locker room with Sunny's name on it and opens it up. Sunny is shown sitting on the locker room bench. Once she sees Billy her face becomes sour.

Sunny- What do you want loser? Didn't I make it clear to you that I'm not managing you anymore?

Billy Gunn- Come on Sunny, I got you flowers, Chocolates, And a whole lotta Billy Gunn. (Billy does a goofy laugh, But Sunny just stares at him.) I know you're upset. I know you're angry over my small losing streak. I...........

Sunny- Small? You haven't won a match since like the beginning of the year! You're nothing more than a loser! And what about this Monday night?

Billy Gunn- Okay, You got a point. But Undertaker is a tough opponent. And besides, Not alot of guys have claimed to beat The Undertaker. He's the champ for a reason you know.

Sunny- Kevin Nash had your back during the whole match. And you still lost. You're nothing more than a loser. And I don't want a damn thing to do with you. Maybe I can find a better client to manage. Someone who won't let me down like you do. All the time!

Billy Gunn- Better? Better than me? You must be dreaming! I'm Billy Gunn damn you. There's nothing better than this!

Sunny- I've managed better wrestlers than you.

Billy Gunn- Oh yeah, Like The Bodydonnas? They were a true hit! Face it, You need me more than I need you. I'm the star of the team. And everyone knows it. You're just the little s*** who's in for the ride! And it's quite a ride! So you know what? I'm done with you!

Sunny- I don't care. I'm leaving.

Billy Gunn- Okay, I'm sorry. I'm a little upset. Come on Sunny, Stay with Billy. You know there's no one better for you than me.

Sunny looks like she's going around. She hugs Billy and they share a long kiss. Sunny then kicks Billy right in between the legs! Billy crumbles down to the floor while Sunny throws the chocolate and flowers on him. She calls him a loser before leaving the locker room. Billy is left on the floor looking like he's going to cry.

Sunny's turn was completed, and she is now a face.

Sunny gained overness from this turn.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Lightning will strike.............. The World Wrestling Federation will change forever, The Master Of Lightning Will Come................

D'Lo Brown with Chavo Guerrero Vs. Brian Pillman with Chris Benoit

D'Lo Brown and Brian Pillman both had their tag team partners with them. Chavo was wearing the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship and the announcers mentioned that Chavo, Benoit and Pillman at this time last year all worked for the rival company. Coachman said that Chavo had his first match "down there" against Benoit. A good match here that had crowd interest. Benoit and Chavo kept watching and didn't come into play as both Pillman and D'Lo went at it for about nine minutes. Pillman started off out wrestling D'Lo and taunted D'Lo. D'Lo responded by nailing Pillman with right hands to knock him off of his feet. D'Lo rammed Pillman's head into the turnbuckles several times and gained a few close near falls on one half of the WWF Tag Team Champions. D'Lo Brown looked like he was going to finish off Pillman early with the Lo Down, But Pillman was able to stand up and crotch Brown on the ropes. Pillman delivered a big superplex to D'Lo for a near fall. Pillman started working over D'Lo's legs and backs and even applied a Texas Cloverleaf to Brown, But D'Lo somehow made it to the ropes. Pillman got a few more near falls from a tornado DDT and high cross body, But D'Lo still kicked out as Benoit and Chavo watched on. Pillman ended up going up top for the High Flying Splash, But D'Lo was able to move out of the way at the last possible minute and Pillman got nothing but canvas. D'Lo made the big comeback and gained a few near falls on Pillman. D'Lo looked to have things won after countering a clothesline into the Sky High, But Pillman somehow got the shoulder up. D'Lo Brown and Pillman exchanged near falls as Benoit started moving on the outside. Benoit rushed Chavo and knocked him down with a clothesline! D'Lo saw this and delivered a baseball slide to Benoit! Pillman then nailed D'Lo from behind and tried to German suplex D'Lo, But D'Lo countered into a pinning predicament and got the win!

Chris Benoit entered the ring and almost decapitated D'Lo with a stiff clothesline from behind. Benoit and Pillman started stomping down on D'Lo, But Chavo entered the ring with his WWF Light Heavyweight Championship and nailed both men in the face with it! D'Lo then delivered the Sky High to Benoit while Chavo Guerrero took out Pillman with the Brainbuster! Both men climbed the opposite corners and hit their version of the frog splash to the champions! Chavo and D'Lo then posed to cheers from the crowd as Coachman hyped them as the next WWF Tag Team Champions.

79, 80, 80 **3\4

D'Lo Brown gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Torment Continues

Alex Wright's music plays with this crowd booing. The WWF European Champion walks down to the ring with his bodyguard Joanie Laurer while Coachman talks about Wright's sick acts this past Monday night. After some posing, Wright is handed a microphone. Laurer just stands back while the crowd boos and chant "USA" at Wright.

Alex Wright- Shut up! (the crowd boos) Don't make me go out there and beat the living hell out of all you creatures. (the crowd boos) Did you people enjoy Monday Night Raw? Did you enjoy me telling Ahmed Johnson that his mother was a whore and a addict? (the crowd boos) Don't boo me for speaking the truth. Ahmed Johnson's mom is a whore and a addict. She tried to cover up her lies, But in the end, It caught up to her. Not only was her secret told live on TV, But it was told in front of millions of people. Ahmed Johnson was humiliated. And damn, It felt so good! (the crowd boos) Ahmed Johnson, You don't stand a chance to defeat me this Sunday night. (the crowd boos) I am going to make you regret ever being born. I'm going to make you feel like a bigger bastard than you already are. You might have stolen my title from me, But this Sunday night everyone will see me get it back. (the crowd boos) You being in this world was a mistake. Your whole life has been one big mistake. And I'm going to do something your mother wishes she had done when she had her overdose, Get rid of you! (the crowd boos) You will fall this Sunday night in front of your American people. You will lose to me and you will not be returning to the WWF. You'll go back home and stay with your whore of a mother while Alex Wright dominates the WWF. My fans in Germany have been waiting for me to get back my WWF European Championship and this Sunday night it'll happen. Like the rest of the American people, You will lose and all your hopes and dreams will die in one fell swoop. I will beat you within a inch of your miserable life this Sunday night. And..................

Ahmed Johnson's music hits the arena to a big ovation from the crowd. No attacks from behind here as Johnson comes walking down the ramp way already looking ready for a fight. Alex Wright stands behind Laurer, Who also looks ready for a fight. Johnson enters the ring and tells Laurer to get back, But she stands right in front of him! Laurer decks Johnson with a right hand! Johnson knocks down Laurer with a stiff clothesline! Alex Wright does the smart thing and runs out of the ring! Johnson chases Wright, Who goes out through the crowd! Johnson goes out into the crowd and gives chase. The crowd is going nuts as we cut to the parking area. We see a man about to step out of his car, But Wright shoves him aside and gets in! Wright drives off as Johnson looks on with anger in his eyes. Ahmed Johnson starts going crazy and grabs a baseball bat. Johnson hits a few cars with the bat as referees and road agents show up on the scene. They try to calm down Johnson while Coachman says that Alex Wright is going to be in a world of pain this Sunday night.

"The Hitman" Makes His Mark

We cut to the backstage interview area where we see Kevin Kelly standing by with British Bulldog and Vader.

Kevin Kelly- Bulldog and Vader, This Sunday night you two will go up against Bret "The Hitman" Hart in a two on one handicap match. This past Monday night we saw "The Hitman" strike on both of you, Attacking you two with a steel chair after your match. We're just two days away from In Your House, What are your thoughts on this match up against Bret Hart?

British Bulldog- Bret Hart attacked us on Monday Night Raw like the true coward that he is. Bret can't stand the fact that now that Owen's gone, I'm getting the attention. First, Bret got rid of Owen, Now, He's trying to get rid of me. But that ain't happen. Look at who I got backing me up. The four hundred fifty six pound monster known as Vader. Vader and I are going to run right over Bret Hart this Sunday night. He doesn't stand a chance this Sunday night. I've been talking to Owen Hart alot over the past few weeks. Owen has told me to go out there and make sure his brother never steps foot back in a WWF ring. And that's what me and Vader are going to do. We're going to run right over Bret Hart. And there's nothing Bret will be able to do about it.

Vader- Bret Hart, This time last year you know what was going on? I was beating you around the World Wrestling Federation. Remember that? Now one year later, I'm still giving you a pounding. This Sunday night you're going to be headed into a world of trouble when Davey Boy and I kick your teeth in. It'll be Vader time after I'm done with you this Sunday night. You won't be talking after we destroy you this Sunday night. What are you gonna do when you got Davey Boy Smith and Vader coming to get ya?

Kevin Kelly- Bulldog, You and Bret Hart are brothers in law. Will that mean a thing to you when you're in there against him this Sunday night?

British Bulldog- Owen and Bret are brothers, Did Bret show any mercy when he took out his brother? I don't think so buster! Bret Hart is going to regret running Owen out of the WWF. Bret Hart is going to regret being a selfish jerk. I.............

Bulldog's words are cut short as he takes a chair shot right to the back! Vader then takes one right to the head! The camera switches position and we see Bret Hart standing over both men! Vader tries to attack Bret, But Bret nails him over the back with the chair! Bulldog gets nailed right in the elbow with the chair. Bret looks like he's going to hit Bulldog again, But drops the chair down. Bret Hart heads off, Leaving both men laid down on the ground. Lawler calls Bret a moron for not finishing Bulldog off, But Coachman says that Bret didn't want to cross the line on his brother in law.

Vader lost overness from this segment.

Bret Hart lost overness from this segment.

British Bulldog lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Shawn Michaels and Al Snow Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Cactus Jack

This one was no doubt the best TV match of the whole year. It was a insane twenty minute match that seemed more like a brawl then anything. These guys used chairs, kendo sticks, the announce table, the steps and everything they could get their hands on. The match didn't even officially start until about thirteen minutes into it. No Terry Funk at ringside here either. Austin and Jack started off by arguing with one another. Al Snow then didn't even wait for Michaels to come down to the ring and went after both men by himself! Snow actually did well on his own for a few seconds before the odds were too much. Austin ran down Snow with a clothesline and mounted Snow. Austin punched away at Snow like a maniac while Jack stood in the corner and watched. By now the crowd was going nuts, Chanting "HBK". When Michaels' music hit, The arena exploded as HBK came running down from the back. Michaels went right after Jack and both men got into a wild slug fest. Michaels sold the injuries from the beating he suffered early in the night through out the match here, Holding his ribs several times. Michaels and Snow were able to clear the ring and dive out to both their opponents on the outside. Snow was dominating Austin, Ramming him into the steel post and steps and following up by tossing Austin right into the announce table while Jack nailed Michaels with a kendo stick to the ribs behind the referee's back. Michaels and Jack ended up brawling on the steel stage where Michaels was able to deliver a brutal DDT to Jack! Snow and Austin were inside the ring where Snow looked like he was going to nail a moonsault, But Austin moved out of the way and Snow got nothing but canvas. Austin then hit the Stone Cold Stunner, But before he could cover, Michaels entered the ring and drilled him with the forearm shot, The referee called for the bell and the match officially started. Snow and Austin were the legal men in with Austin and Jack double teaming Snow. Snow got worked on for awhile until he made the hot tag to Michaels after planting both Austin and Jack with a double DDT. Michaels cleaned house and tossed Jack out to the floor. When Jack came back into the ring, All four men got into it again. With Michaels battling Austin while Jack battled Snow. Snow and Jack ended up fighting out to the floor with both men getting thrown into the announce table. Michaels had Austin down and called for Sweet Chin Music. As Michaels stomped his foot on the canvas, Terry Funk came running down to the ring with a chair! Michaels quickly super kicked the chair into Funk's face, But the match was ruled a disqualification win for Michaels and Snow.

Michaels grabbed the steel chair and plastered Funk and then Austin with it! Austin took a shot right to the head, Busting him open! Jack entered the ring and took a chair shot right to the face! Michaels threw down the chair and clotheslined Jack out to the floor. Referees and Road Agents came running down from the back to try to stop the mayhem, But Michaels dove over the top rope onto them and Jack! Michaels and Jack brawled all the way up the mayhem stage where Michaels drilled Jack with Sweet Chin Music. Meanwhile, Inside the ring, Snow grabbed Austin's Intercontinental Championship and nailed a bloodied Austin right in the face with it! Snow then applied the Million Dollar Dream to Austin while Funk got up and went after Michaels. As Funk ran at Michaels, Michaels back dropped Funk on the steel stage! Jack stood up and Michaels drilled him with another Sweet Chin Music which knocked Jack off of the stage sending Jack crashing right through a table below! Michaels then grabbed Funk and tossed Funk off of the stage right onto Jack! Friday Night Mayhem went to a commercial break with Michaels standing tall on top of the stage while Al Snow had Austin tapping out to the Million Dollar Dream.

97, 94, 100 *****

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Bradshaw might be a hoss, But not even he can take the Mandible Claw. (Monday Night Raw 4/14/97)

The Last Stop To In Your House

We come back from the commercial break with Kevin Nash making his way down to the ring with this crowd booing the big man. After posing, Nash grabs the microphone. The crowd boos and chants for The Undertaker, But Nash just smiles.

Kevin Nash- Hey yo! (crowd boos) What's the matter? Only Scott Hall can say thet tired old line? (crowd boos) I'm said to say that this is my last show in charge of the WWF. (the crowd lets out a big ovation) I know you people will miss Kevin Nash booking the shows, Telling people what to do, And making myself look good over everyone else, But I promise you something, When I stand here next week with the WWF Championship around my waist, I'll still remember booking the best shows in the history of the WWF. (crowd boos) And this Sunday night I'll have the WWF Championship around my waist for a second time in my illustrious career. Undertaker, You felt what it's liked to take the Jackknife this past Monday night. I lifted your dead ass up in the air and dropped you down like a sack of potatoes. (crowd boos) You stand no chance of beating this genetic wonder this Sunday night. I am the man who's going to defeat you and walk out the new WWF Champion. (crowd boos) The new Commissioner will make sure that the WWF is run fairly once I'm WWF Champion again. Sunday night everyone will see alot of things go down. And to top off the night, The genetic wonder walks out the new World Wrestling Federation Champion. (crowd boos) And after I'm the WWF Champion, I wanna tell you people something. I'll make sure everyone gets a shot. I'll face the toughest the WWF has to offer. Nasty Mike, Hobo Jack, Scott Putski and all the young go getter's in the back. Because I'm Kevin Nash, And giving the young guys a shot is what I'm all about. No need for me to defend the belt against Bret, Undertaker, Shawn, Or Scott Hall............. Hall, I'll do you a favor buddy, After I walk out as the new WWF Champion, I'll send you some autographed pictures. Maybe I'll go down there to Miami and have a beer with you too. Whatever you want. (crowd boos) And Undertaker, After I beat you, There will be no more title shots. You lose the belt and you won't get a rematch. Why should you? These fans don't want to see you as the WWF Champion. They wanna see me as the WWF Champion! (crowd boos) And everyone will get their wish this Sunday night. I'm gonna...................

Nash is interrupt by the lights starting to flicker. They stop and Nash tries to speak, But his microphone isn't working. Nash starts looking around as the lights go off. The lights come back on to a huge ovation from the crowd. Nash turns around and The Undertaker is standing behind him! Nash is caught by surprise but he stares down the phenom. Nash looks at Undertaker and looks like he's going to back down. But instead, He nails Undertaker with a knee to the gut! Nash starts hammering away on The Undertaker! Nash seems to have the advantage, But Undertaker fights back! Both these men are trading blows! Undertaker kicks Nash in the midsection and nails Nash with a uppercut. Undertaker clotheslines Nash out to the floor! The Undertaker stands in the ring while Nash slowly gets up. Nash teases going back into the ring, But doesn't! Nash starts walking away! The crowd boos as the number one contender walks up the stage. We go off the air with Nash on top of the stage staring down The Undertaker. Coachman says The Undertaker got the advantage tonight, But will he be able to retain the title at In Your House?

Overall Rating- 78

TV Rating- 7.66

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Steve Austin

"Steve Austin and Cactus Jack work well together as a team, it adds to their matches." -Pat Patterson

"Marc Mero and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like The Patriot? I think our styles would really work well together." -Goldust

user posted image

Time Slot: Late Evening

Date: April 19, 1997

Attendance: 9,014

Ticket Sales: $360,560

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Todd Pettengill

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Dok Hendrix and Todd Pettengill are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Handicap Match

Yokozuna Vs. Doug Furnas and Phillip LaFon

The push continues for Yokozuna, As he dominated another handicap match. Furnas and LaFon are two outstanding wrestlers but their lack of charisma really hurt them from advancing, As well as their small size. Yokozuna ran right over these two, Not even getting knocked. Furnas and LaFon tried double clotheslines, Double drop kicks, But nothing could take the former two time WWF Champion off of his feet. Yokozuna was able to deliver belly to belly suplexes to both men before pinning LaFon with the Bonzai Drop. After the match ended, Yokozuna posed and celebrated his win.

68, 69, 69 *1\2

Phillip LaFon lost overness from this match.

Doug Furnas lost overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sean Waltman Vs. "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty

After this excellent match one must wonder why these two aren't getting pushed into the Intercontinental Championship scene. The fans dig the Party Boy gimmick and Waltman has his shares of fans, Even though he gets more boos than cheers. A great match up here for a RAW Saturday Night show. Jannetty and Waltman stole the show with great wrestling. The action was very fast here as both men tried to get the win as soon as possible. Waltman and Jannetty both did high risk moves, With Waltman nailing a somersault plancha to Jannetty out on the floor and Jannetty hitting a high cross body to Waltman on the outside. Jannetty had come closer and closer to scoring the win, But Waltman was able to somehow pull off the big win after rolling Jannetty into a victory roll.

82, 75, 90 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Championship

Chavo Guerrero© Vs. Sho Funaki

A good match here, But not as good as the match between Waltman and Jannetty from earlier. The announcers hyped the possibility of Guerrero walking out of In The House with two titles. That is if he could somehow win this one. Funaki gave the champion a tough match and came very close to winning the World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Championship. In the end, It was Chavo Guerrero countering a superplex from Funaki by shoving Funaki off the top turnbuckle sending Funaki down to the canvas. Chavo Guerrero then came flying off the top with the Frog Splash to secure the win and retain his title. After the match ended, Chavo posed with his title and said that after In Your House he'd have two titles.

73, 60, 86 ***

The WWF Light Heavyweight title has gained in image.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Kama Mustafa Vs. Scott Putski

Squash match, Looks like Putski's warrior gimmick will come to an end soon. The announcers were interesting here, Todd said he was going to be at In Your House, Even though he's in a neck brace. And he said that he'd get revenge on The Undertaker. Kama finished Putski off with the Supreme Driver at around the four minute mark. After the match ended, Kama drilled Putski with a sidekick just because he can or something.

66, 67, 66 *

Scott Putski is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hollywood Holly with Chris Kanyon Vs. Rocky Maivia

Great match here considering who was involved. Kanyon is still in his wheelchair, And he was carrying a crutch around with him for some reason. The crowd was hot here, Booing Hollywood whenever he'd start his posing. Rocky wasn't able to overcome the odds, As Hollywood Holly was too much, And with Kanyon interfering behind the referee's back, Rocky ended up falling victim to the Hollywood Slam, Giving Hollywood Holly the win. After the match ended, The "injured" Kanyon was wheeled to the back by Hollywood. But not before smacking Rocky a couple of times.

80, 79, 81 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Sycho Sid stomps on the back of The Patriot's head! (Friday Night mayhem 4/18/97)

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Brian Lee

RAW Saturday Night has had great matches tonight, And this was another one. Lee isn't too used to singles action as he's been teaming with Brian Adams for most of his WWF career, But due to Adams getting suspended for the rest of the month, Lee will be wrestling singles match. Lee actually started off by dominating the former Intercontinental Champion, But after catching Lee with a high knee to the face, Helmsley took control of the match. Lee was able to make a comeback after taking a beating and came closer and closer to beating Helmsley. In the end though, Helmsley was able to kick Lee in the gut and apply the Pedigree for the win. RAW Saturday Night went off the air with Helmsley celebrating his win.

85, 86, 83 ***3/4

Overall Rating- 69

TV Rating- 2.93

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 1.93

Attendance- 7,038

Ticket Sales- $281,520

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.92

Attendance- 1,760

Ticket Sales- $52,800

Notes

"Sean Waltman and Marty Jannetty work pretty well together due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

"I was thinking, how about giving me some matches with Steve Austin? I think we'd be able to do some good work together given the chance." -Bret Hart

"Our ratings battle with Hardcore TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

News

- WCW have signed independent worker Spike Dudley to a written contract!

- WCW have signed Scotty Riggs to a written contract!

- WCW have signed independent worker Terry Gordy to a written contract!

- ECW have signed Don Callis to a written contract!

- Tito Santana has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

Final PPV card will be up later tonight (Y)

Edited by Baby Hewey

RSN!!~

Great one this week, and Rocky Maivia facing a guy with a Hollywood gimmick is great. Glad to see Marty stealing the show and Brian Lee shocked me. 83 ring quality? HOSS WITH SKILL ALERT!~

user posted image

Credit Jules for the awesome banner

Date: April 20, 1997

Final Card

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman© Vs. D'Lo Brown and Chavo Guerrero

Hardcore Rules Match

Handicap Match

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night?

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR?

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR?

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc)

5. What's going to be the match before the main event?

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting?

7. Who's joining The Money Mine?

8. Who will be the new Commissioner?

9. Who's going to be Goldust's mystery partner?

Hardcore Rules Match

Handicap Match

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? European Title Match

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Tag Title Match

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? European Title Match

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 1

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? Hardcore Match

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? No

7. Who's joining The Money Mine? Kama

8. Who will be the new Commissioner? Ted Dibiase

9. Who's going to be Goldust's mystery partner? Hollywood Holly

Hardcore Rules Match

Handicap Match

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Tag Title Match

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Benoit/Pillman v. D'Lo/Chavo

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Ahmed v. Alex

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 1

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? Shawn Michaels v. Terry Funk

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? The Lightning guy

7. Who's joining The Money Mine? ?

8. Who will be the new Commissioner? Diabiase

9. Who's going to be Goldust's mystery partner? ?

The Undertaker©

Al Snow

Alex Wright©

Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman©

Hardcore Rules Match

Shawn Michaels

Handicap Match

British Bulldog and Vader

Ken Shamrock and Rick Martel

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night?Wright v Johnson

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? TAg Team Title Match

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR?Hardcore Match

5. What's going to be the match before the main event?Hardcore Match

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? None

7. Who's joining The Money Mine? Austin

8. Who will be the new Commissioner? Ted Dibiase

9. Who's going to be Goldust's mystery partner? Kanyon

I like Nash, but it's way too early for Taker to drop the strap.

He doesn't actually need the title, but he does need to get a win over Austin during this feud. Hopefully he can move on to a world title feud in the future.

Two guys going in opposite directions here. Wright is heading to better places, Johnson is heading towards a release from his contract.

D'Lo got what he needed, overness. He can move onto to a singles feud (Alex Wright?) and Pillman/Benoit can feud with any number of tag teams.

Hardcore Rules Match

HBK pulls out the win, No idea why.

Handicap Match

I have a feeling someone will help Hart. Not sure who, but someone.

I say Goldust wins if only to help his mystery partner out...

Tie Breakers

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc)

One.

No.

Rocky Maivia? I have no clue...

The Todd!!

Rick Martel.

Final Card

Winner: Taker

Winner: Snow

Winner: Wright

Winners: Benoit and Pillman

Hardcore Rules Match

Winner: HBK

Handicap Match

Winner: Bret

Winners: Goldust & ??????????

Tie Breakers

Shamrock-Martel-Goldust tag match

Austin-Snow

Wright-Johnson

HBK vs Funk

No

Don't Know

DiBiase

Hollywood Holly

Hardcore Rules Match

Handicap Match

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Tag Team Titles

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? World Title Match

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Handicap Match

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? Micheals vs. Funk

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? Nobody

7. Who's joining The Money Mine? Dont Know

8. Who will be the new Commissioner? Million Dollar Man

9. Who's going to be Goldust's mystery partner? ... Hollywood Holly?

WWF Championship

The Undertaker © Vs. Kevin Nash

WWF Intercontinental Championship

Al Snow Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin ©

WWF European Championship

Alex Wright © Vs. Ahmed Johnson

WWF Tag Team Championship

Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman © Vs. D'Lo Brown and Chavo Guerrero

Hardcore Rules Match

Handicap Match

Tie Breakers

-WWF European Championship, no idea why.

-Al Snow vs. Steve Austin

-Alex Wright vs. Ahmed Johnson

4. How many titles will change hands?

-None.

-I think... Shawn Michaels vs. Terry Funk.

-Nope.

-No idea.

-Todd Pettingil.

-Let's say Hollywood Holly.