World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

Right, So, Anyone who has a created guy in my development camp, If you want to, You can PM me how you want them to debut. I will try to get all those guys out of USWA by the time WM14 rolls around. Hell, Some could be in the Royal Rumble.

IPB Image

Credit KillingsVSCena for the logo

Date: October 31, 1997

This week's Friday Night Mayhem looks to be as crazy as ever. Tonight, We will see a huge tag team main event take place. On Monday Night Raw, We saw Cactus Jack, Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin get into a argument over who should face "Big Daddy Cool" for the WWF Championship come the Survivor Series. In the end, It was announced that this Monday night, All three men will battle in a triple threat match. And the winner of that match will face the genetic wonder for the WWF Championship. But tonight, All those men will be in tonight's huge tag team main event. Because, For the first time ever, It'll be the WWF Champion, "The Genetic Wonder" Kevin Nash, Teaming up with Shawn Michaels, And their opponents? Cactus Jack and Steve Austin. After the confrontations these men got into last Monday night, What will happen in this tag team match? What can we expect? This will no doubt be one of the biggest matches in the history of Friday Night Mayhem.

Alex Wright made his long awaited return this past Monday night. And the German superstar has vowed that every American is on his hit list. Tonight, For the first time ever, Alex Wright will face "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock. Both these men will be in the wildcard tag team match come the Survivor Series. And the question is, Will they end up on the same team? This match will have a huge affect on the Survivor Series, And the wildcard tag team match in general. Who will come out the winner? Will Alex Wright make a successful return? Or will Ken Shamrock continue his amazing success?

D'Lo Brown returns to action this week as he takes on Jesse James. D'Lo Brown missed Monday Night Raw due to injuries suffered in last week's match with Francis Cloutier, But he better be ready for action tonight, As Jesse James is one of the best up and comers in the World Wrestling Federation. Can the 1997 King Of The Ring winner walk out of Friday Night Mayhem with the important win, Or will Jesse James continue his winning ways?

Friday Night Mayhem will also provide the fans with great light heavyweight action. Tonight, In a non title match, We'll see the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, Taka Michinoku battle Johnny Swinger. These men have had some great matches in the past, And who will walk out of tonight's show with the win?

Also tonight, Tag team action takes place when Rated X takes on The Godwinns. Both these teams have been amazing as of late, And both teams are right up there for a shot at the WWF Tag Team Championship. But which team will walk away with the win tonight? Can Rated X defeat the former WWF Tag Team Champions? Or will The Godwinns continue their amazing success they've had this year?

Tonight marks the return of The Undertaker. The Undertaker has promised that tonight will be the night he returns. Will he keep his word? It's been over two months since we've seen The Undertaker. Is it really the deadman returning to the WWF? What does he have in store for Jacobs and Paul Bearer? Paul Bearer and Jacobs will be at tonight's show. Will we see a fight break out between both men? Will The Undertaker accept Jacobs' challenge for the Survivor Series?

We will also hear from Bret Hart. What does "The Hitman" have to say after being attacked by former WWF Superstar, Owen Hart on Monday night? The WWF has issued a statement that Owen Hart is no longer a employed wrestler for the company, And if he attacks Bret Hart like he did on Monday night, He will be arrested. We have also gotten word that tonight's show is flocked with security. Will Owen Hart dare come out tonight?

Plus, We'll find out the first two men Hunter Hearst Helmsley has chosen to be on his team come the Survivor Series. Who are the two men Hunter Hearst Helmsley has chosen to battle Goldust's unknown team at the Survivor Series?

Tonight's Friday Night Mayhem is going to be one of the biggest shows in history, You can't miss it!

IPB Image

Credit KillingsVSCena for the logo

Channel: UPN

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: October 31, 1997

Attendance: 7,009

Ticket Sales: $280,360

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Vengeance

Bret Hart makes his way down to the ring as the announcers talk about how Owen Hart returned to attack his brother, But they made sure to mention that Owen Hart is not employed by the WWF. And that he was arrested on Monday night. Bret Hart enters the ring and demands a microphone. The crowd quickly start chanting for Owen.

Bret Hart- Last Monday night, Everyone saw it. Everyone saw the man who I retired, A man who I'm ashamed to call my brother, Owen Hart, Attacked me like a criminal. Lets be clear, I retired Owen. His contract with the World Wrestling Federation was terminated. He is not employed by the WWF. That means, If he jumps me, He gets arrested like you people would. He's not a WWF Superstar anymore. Owen could have gone somewhere else to wrestle, If he wanted to. But no, He wants to come back to the WWF? He wants to get revenge on me? Lets be clear, I got nothing to prove to Owen Hart. I retired him. Owen, You try to pull a stunt like you did on Monday night, And you will once again be arrested. And for all you fans who chant that criminal, That thug, Well, That proves why I turned my back on all of you. You could be showing a legend like myself some proper respect, But instead, You cheer for Owen Hart. You know what? I don't even consider that scumbag my brother anymore. He's always been jealous of me and my legacy. He never had any respect for me, Neither did you people. Owen, I know you're watching this from somewhere, And here's a message to you. I am still the excellence of execution, And nobody, Especially you, Will be able to change that. And here's something you know deep in the back of your mind. I am the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be! And all you people can kiss my ass!

Bret Hart drops the microphone down and exits the ring as his music plays. We follow Hart as he goes to the back, And all the way out to the garage area, Where there's a limo waiting "The Hitman". Bret Hart enters the limo, And as soon as he's in, He's thrown out! It's Owen Hart! Owen Hart tackles Bret Hart onto a car! Owen Hart, Dressed all in black, Is beating the tar out of Bret Hart! Owen Hart's right hands are having their affect, As Bret is down! Here comes the police! But no, Owen Hart tosses the driver out and drives off in the limo! Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with the announcers being in shock over what's happened.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Rated X Vs. The Godwinns

Rated X looks like they're going to get a steady push, Possibly challenging The Suicide Blonds for the titles at a major event in the near future. The Godwinns, Who are former champions, Believe it or not, Are also talked about getting a possible push, But rumors of their heel turn has been dropped, As Vince McMahon thinks the "friendly hillbilly" character can get over with the crowd. Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler also hinted that The Godwinns are going to find themselves a manager soon, Saying that The Godwinns need direction and work better with a manager. This was all The Godwinns in the beginning, As they ran down the two light heavyweight's. But after some cheating, Rated X took control of the match. They wore down Phineous for a bit, But PIG was too much hoss for them, And was able to run them down with a few clotheslines, Before tagging in Henry. Henry came into the ring and cleaned house. The Godwinns double clotheslined Wolfie D out to the floor, But Wolfie D pulled Phineous out of him. Then, Behind the referee's back, Finney hit Henry with the skateboard! That was enough to get Rated X the win.

Finney and Wolfie D headed to the back, With Finney riding his skateboard while Wolfie D rode his bike. Coachman called both men dirty cheaters.

71, 67, 76 **

A Chaotic Situation

We cut backstage, Where we see "Stone Cold" Steve Austin walking. Austin enters a locker room, Where we see Cactus Jack sitting down. Jack looks up at Austin, But before he can speak, Austin already starts.

Steve Austin- Look at ya! Sitting on that fat ass! What are you doing? We got a match tonight! You know that, Right? Me and you against "The Dudes With Attitude". What a stupid name. Why do they have attitude? What is attitude? Is attitude taking over the WWF? Is this a era of attitude? No, Sir! This is the era of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. And look at ya! What are you doing? Getting ready to fill up that gut with some pies? Lemme tell you something, You mealy mouthed bastard, Tonight, You better not screw me over. I know ya. I know the way that perverted mind thinks! You wanna stab me in the back, Don't ya? Yeah you do! But before you can stab me in the back, I'll already have stabbed you in the heart. You got that? Jack is just looking at the floor, Not bothering with Austin Look up at me! You're pathetic! You better not let me down tonight! I know we got the triple threat match on Monday night, But your head better be focused on this match! I ain't about to lose to Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels! You better pull your weight out there! And about this Monday night, Austin chuckles to himself Your ass is gonna get a beating at my hands! I'm gonna dish out so many knuckle sandwiches on that mouth of yours! I am going to the Survivor Series. Jack just keeps his head down, Austin looks annoyed. Look at me!

Austin tries to grab Jack up, But Jack shoves Austin into the door. Jack stands up and stares Austin down. Austin looks scared.

Steve Austin- Like I said, I'll see you out there.

Austin quickly leaves the dressing room as we go to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Partner?

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the commercial break with Goldust talking to someone on the payphone.

Goldust- Yeah, I know. Look, I need help with this thing. I mean, Who knows who Helmsley has as his partners? He's already got two people. I got nobody. Can you back me up? Yeah? Hey, I don't care if all you want to do is kick some ass. Yeah? All right, You'll be there this Monday night? Okay. Thanks man.

Goldust hangs up the phone, Looking happy. It appears he's got someone to be his partner for the Survivor Series. But then, That music starts up. The fans pop as they know what music that is. It's "The Party Boy"! Jannetty pops up on the scene, Almost scaring Goldust.

Marty Jannetty- Goldust, Just the man I wanted to see. I know you got that big Survivor Series thing coming up, And you need some partners.

Goldust- Yeah, I was just talking to someone on the phone. And he's agreed to be my partner.

Marty Jannetty- Look, Forget about all that! You need me on your team! I mean, That's what the people want! Listen to them! They want the freak and "The Party Boy" teaming up at the Survivor Series! My fans, My party kids, They wanna join forces with your freaks! We're gonna rock San Antonio together! And baby, It'll be awesome!

Goldust- Well, You have been impressive as of late. But can you work with me and three other men?

Marty Jannetty- Are you kidding me? The party boy is always at the White House, Helping the President come up with peace treaties! I can work with anybody! Hell, After the Survivor Series, We'll all party! I'll bring the music, The cake, The people, And you...........

Goldust- I'll bring the the women's clothes. And of course, The stripper....... One Chinese male........ Simply delicious! You're on.

Both men shake hands as we go back to ringside.

Johnny Swinger Vs. Taka Michinoku

Non title affair here. Johnny Swinger and Taka Michinoku put on a solid effort, But the crowd wasn't caring about this one, Except for the token highspots. Taka Michinoku hit Swinger with a big asai moonsault to the outside. And a few moments later, Swinger hit a reverse crossbody to Taka on the outside. During this match, Security was all over the ringside. Coachman said that Rick Rude requested security to make sure Owen Hart didn't show up again. The announcers kept stressing that Owen Hart wasn't a employee of the World Wrestling Federation anymore, And that he was seen as a intruder. Swinger had control of things, But he couldn't keep Taka down. The Light Heavyweight Champion made the comeback, Catching Swinger with several quick near falls. Taka caught Swinger with a big drop kick, And followed up by attempting to plant Swinger with the Michinoku Driver, But Swinger countered out of it and planted Taka with the Swing Thing for the win.

Swinger took the Light Heavyweight Championship and posed with it, Telling Taka he was coming for his title.

72, 64, 80 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

D'Lo Brown Vs. Jesse James

D'Lo Brown, Who last Monday night was announced as a competitor in the wildcard match, Came down to the ring to a great ovation from the crowd. The program with Cloutier really did D'Lo good, As now, The fans buy him as a uppercard player, Even though he lost the feud with Cloutier. The announcers talked about how King D'Lo could be setting his sights on the WWF Intercontinental Championship, Which is around the waist of Rocky Maivia. Jesse James' punishment seems to be over, As he had alot of offense on D'Lo Brown. Jesse James used every dirty trick he could think of here, But somehow, D'Lo Brown would not be beaten tonight. At around the six minute mark, James, Realizing he couldn't put D'Lo away, Grabbed his baseball bat from ringside. He went to hit D'Lo with it, But D'Lo ducked, And connected with the Sky High out of nowhere. D'Lo finished off with the Lo Down for the win.

D'Lo Brown celebrated his victory, And told the camera he was headed to the Survivor Series to lead his team to victory.

81, 82, 80 **3\4

Helmsley's Partners

We go backstage, Where we see Hunter Hearst Helmsley standing by in the interview area. Then, Next to him, Andrew Martin and Francis Cloutier.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Take a look at these two men. You people think Goldust can defeat us now? Look at his partners, And look at mine. I've made a deal with Mr. Cloutier. He and Andrew Martin back me up, And talk two more people into joining us for the Survivor Series, And not only will I make him a very rich man, But I will owe him one. Goldust, I told you, Your team stands no chance in hell come the Survivor Series.

Francis Cloutier- Mr. Helmsley, I am flattered you chose us to help you out come the Survivor Series. But remember, After this is done, You will owe me. You might have paid us money, But that's for us helping you out and finding the last two men. I have no problem in trusting you to carry out your favor when I need you to, But remember, If you don't, And I'm not making threats, Then, Well, We'll have a big problem.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Hey, Don't worry about me. What is that favor you want me to do?

Francis Cloutier- We'll talk about that later. Now then, I already have two men in mind for our team for the Survivor Series. And I'm sure money will be no problem, As these two men just want to beat someone down.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Good. Goldust, I feel sorry for you and your losers come the Survivor Series. My team will dominate the ten men tag team match up. Hell, We got this seven foot tall monster on our side. Who can you get that's more dominant than this man? Goldust, After the Survivor Series, There will be nothing left of you.

We go to a commercial break. Who will Cloutier convince to join Team Helmsley for the Survivor Series?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ken Shamrock Vs. Alex Wright

This is Alex Wright's first match back from "injury". Crowd was well into this match, As Ken Shamrock seems to be as over as ever. The announcers hyped the fact that both men were in the wildcard match at the Survivor Series, And how Shamrock has been tearing through the WWF as of late, Doing what no other men has done in less than a year. Shamrock holds wins over the likes of Kevin Nash, Bret Hart, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Mr. Perfect and Shawn Michaels. Alex Wright, Is of course, The first ever WWF European Champion. Alex Wright stalled alot here, And didn't get into the ring for quite sometime. When the match started, Shamrock took Wright down to the canvas, Looking for the ankle lock, But Wright went out to the floor. The action picked up on the outside, As Wright send Shamrock into the steel post. Inside the ring, Wright got several near falls over Shamrock, But couldn't put away the world's most dangerous man. Ken Shamrock had made a comeback, And seemed to have things right where he wanted. However, When he went to belly to belly suplex Wright, Wright nailed Shamrock with a low blow, Causing a disqualification.

Afterwards, Wright laid Shamrock out with the ring bell. Alex Wright left the ring and went over the announce position, And told the announcers that it didn't matter who was in his team come the Survivor Series. The end result would be the same, Alex Wright would come out victorious.

83, 85, 79 **3/4

Are Things Cool?

We go to the locker room area. Shawn Michaels is getting ready for tonight's match, When the door opens up and Kevin Nash steps in, WWF Championship over his shoulder.

Kevin Nash- Hey.

Shawn Michaels- I'm almost done.

Kevin Nash- Look, I wanted to apologize about Monday night.

Shawn Michaels- Don't worry about it. We got a little hot headed, It happens. Lets just go out there and work out our frustrations on Cactus Jack and Steve Austin.

Kevin Nash- So, Everything is cool between us?

Shawn Michaels- Yeah.

HBK pats Nash and exits the locker room. We go to a commercial break with the announcers hyping the main event, It's next!

Kevin Nash gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels Vs. Cactus Jack and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Cactus Jack and Steve Austin got into a shoving match before either Michaels or Nash came down to the ring. Then, Michaels ran down to the ring to fight both men, Not waiting for Nash. Michaels did well for himself for a few seconds, Until Jack and Austin started to double team him. Nash then came down to the ring alot faster than Michaels did a few weeks ago when his friend was in trouble, And cleaned house. Nash send both Austin and Jack out to the floor, But was shoved by Michaels, Who seemed to have a problem with Nash stealing his spotlight. Both men looked like they were going to battle it out, But Michaels chose to dive off the ropes onto Jack and Austin. The match ended up out on the floor, With Michaels fighting Jack while Nash fought Austin. After a few minutes, The match went back into the ring, Except, The partners started to fight each other! First, Austin brought a chair into the ring and went to hit Nash, But Nash ducked, And Austin drilled Jack with it, Not looking too concerned about it. Then, Problems between Nash and Michaels took place, As Nash accidentally booted Michaels in the face. Moments later, Michaels slapped Nash across the face! Nash started hammering Michaels! Jack had gotten up by then, And he and Austin started to fight. With the chaotic action going on, Referee Earl Hebner had no choice but to call for the bell, With the decision being a no contest.

But of course, They didn't stop fighting. Austin and Jack were trading blows in the corner while Nash dominated Michaels. Nash knocked Michaels out with a forearm to the back of the head, And looked like he was going to Jackknife, But he didn't. Nash instead, Went after Jack and Austin. Nash pummeled Jack and tossed Jack out to the floor. This allowed Austin to sneak up on Nash with a low blow, And Shawn Michaels followed up by hitting Nash with Sweet Chin Music! Cactus Jack entered the ring and applied the mandible claw to Michaels, But that was broken up by a chair shot to the head from Austin. Austin then went to hit Michaels, But Michaels made a quick exit. Friday Night Mayhem went to a commercial break with Austin and Michaels staring each other down. Kevin Nash was down as a result of Sweet Chin Music, While Jack was out cold from a chair shot. Who will survive Monday's triple threat match? Who is going to face the genetic wonder for the title come the Survivor Series?

93, 97, 87 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Vader wins a tough match with the Vader Bomb. Monday Night Raw (10/27/97)

Halloween Hell!

Paul Bearer and Jacobs are already in the ring as we return from the commercial break. The fans are chanting for The Undertaker.

Paul Bearer- You leaches of the night better shut up! Undertaker! You said you were going to show up tonight! Where are you? It's time! Come out and meet your destiny! Jacobs wants you at the Survivor Series! Where are you, You coward? Are you even here? Or did you realize that Jacobs is the new phenom? Undertaker, You've send us your messages, And now, It's time for you to show your face!

The lights go off! What is this? We hear the sounds of thunder and lightning. A bolt of lightning hits the stage! The blue lights come on. We hear some chanting, It's the druids! There's about ten druids, All caring torches! What is going to happen! They all stand on the rampway, Chanting. Paul Bearer looks nervous! And then, The music of The Undertaker begins to play! The crowd goes crazy as the phenom himself, The Undertaker comes walking down the rampway! Bearer is going crazy, Saying It can't be you! He killed you! The Undertaker walks past the druids, Who head to the back. The Undertaker makes his way up the steel steps, And raises his arms in the air, Bringing the lights back on. Undertaker enters the ring and he and Jacobs begin trading blows! The Undertaker gets the best out of Jacobs, Sending Jacobs out to the floor with a single right hand! Bearer quickly flees the ring before Undertaker can get his hands on him. Bearer and Jacobs head to the back as The Undertaker picks up the microphone.

The Undertaker- Jacobs, At the Survivor Series, You will rest in peace!

Friday Night Mayhem goes off the air with The Undertaker standing tall in the ring as Bearer and Jacobs stand on top of the stage. What is going to happen at the Survivor Series?

The Undertaker lost overness from this segment.

Overall Rating- 77

TV Rating- 5.85

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Alex Wright

"Alex Wright and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Steve Austin? I think our styles would really work well together." -Ken Shamrock

"Taka Michinoku and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Nasty Mike? I think our styles would really work well together." -Johnny Swinger

"Craig Finney and Wolfie D work well together as a team, it adds to their matches." -Pat Patterson

Expect the news report later tonight. (Y)

Today's Wrestling World

November 1997

IPB Image

World Wrestling Federation

Owner: Linda McMahon

Public Image: 53

Size: Global

Based In: America

Risk Level: 70

Production Values: 100

Top 5 Faces

1. Owen Hart (100)

2. Al Snow (99)

3. Shawn Michaels (99)

4. Ric Flair (98)

5. Kevin Nash (97)

Top 5 Heels

1. Bret Hart (99)

2. Steve Austin (98)

3. Rick Martel (97)

4. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (96)

5. Cactus Jack (96)

IPB Image

World Championship Wrestling

Owner: Ted Turner

Public Image: 9

Risk Level: 50

Production Values: 85

Top 5 Stars

1. Hulk Hogan (100)

2. Randy Savage (100)

3. Sting (100)

4. Ultimate Warrior (100)

5. The Giant (96)

IPB Image

Extreme Championship Wrestling

Owner: Winston Brynner

Public Image: 8

Risk Level: 30

Production Values: 85

Top 5 Stars

1. Taz (89)

2. Chaz Warrington (88)

3. Raven (87)

4. Glen Ruth (87)

5. Saturn (84)

IPB Image

Supreme Wrestling Federation

Owner: Rob Black

Public Image: 38

Size: National

Risk Level: 85

Production Values: 70

Top 5 Stars

1. Brian Adams (84)

2. Chris Jericho (83)

3. Jushin Thunder Liger (80)

4. One Man Gang (79)

5. Trish Stratus (78)

IPB Image

United States Pro Wrestling

Owner: Peter Walsh

Public Image: 10

Size: National

Risk Level: 20

Production Values: 65

Top 5 Stars

1. Lawrence Taylor

2. Chaz Warrington (88)

3. Glen Ruth (87)

4. Stevie Richards (84)

5. Terry Funk (84)

IPB Image

Vampire Zone Fighting

Owner: Derek Dunne

Public Image: 55

Size: Regional

Risk Level: 85

Production Values: 50

Top 5 Stars

1. Nova (65)

2. Jerry Lynn (63)

3. Little Guido (61)

4. Phillip LaFon (60)

5. Yoshihiro Tajiri (57)

IPB Image

Original Lucha Libra In Extreme

Owner: ?

Public Image: 72

Size: Small

Based In: Mexico

Risk Level: 61

Production Values: 26

Top 5 Stars

1. Silver King (40)

2. Abismo Negro (40)

3. Latin Lover (39)

4. Donovan Morgan (38)

5. Doug Williams (37)

IPB Image

NWA Canadian Invasion

Owner: Willy Gossard

Public Image: 60

Size: Small

Based In: Canada

Risk Level: 10

Production Values: 26

Top 5 Stars

1. Shane Helms (43)

2. Shannon Moore (36)

3. Robby Rage (34)

4. Craig Pittman (43)

5. Jamie Noble (32)

IPB Image

Amber Benson's Wrestling Federation

Owner: Nik Simpson

Public Image: 65

Size: Backyard

Risk Level: 30

Production Values: 5

Top 5 Stars

1. Steve Armstrong (28)

2. Kid Kash (26)

3. Elektra (23)

4. Miguel Perez (21)

5. Christian York (18)

Roster News

- The following birthdays occured this month: Adam Copeland (24), Kareem Arif (31), Craig Finney (24), Taka Michinoku (24), D'Lo Brown (26), Scorpio (33), Marlena (31), Scott Hall (39), Melissa Taylor (24)

- Jacobs' contract is coming to an end. His contract has been renewed for two more years.

- Luigi Alfredo Rufino's contract is coming to an end. His contract has been renewed for one more year.

- Brian Lee's contract is coming to an end. His contract has been renewed for one more year.

- Chavo Guerrero's contract is coming to an end. His contract has been renewed for one more year.

- Bret Hart's contract is coming to an end. Bret Hart's contract has not been renewed yet. He has two more months left on his deal.

- Sunny will return from her neck injury in four months.

- Marc Mero will return from his neck injury in three months.

- Aguila will return from his torn calf in six months.

- Scott Hall will return from suspension in one month.

- Bret Hart looks like he could very well be on his way out of the WWF. Right now, The WWF is going to try to negotiate a new deal with Hart, Maybe for another year or so. Bret Hart has been contacted by Eric Bischoff, Who has made several promises to Hart, Trying to get Hart to go to WCW. Some feel that if Hart does leave the WWF, He will just take a break from wrestling, As he feels burnt out and doesn't want to deal with anymore of the politics involved in the business right now.

- The WWF could be dealt with another huge blow. As it would appear Shawn Michaels is also unhappy right now. Problems between Michaels and the WWF have been going on for quite sometime, But it would appear that Michaels is unhappy over the direction he's in going into the Survivor Series. It's likely that we could see a four way match come the Survivor Series, And that's not what Michaels wanted. Michaels feels it would cheapen his homecoming if he had to share the spotlight with two other men in the title match. It's been said by many in the locker room that if Michaels doesn't walk out of the Survivor Series with the title, He will be out of the WWF by the Royal Rumble. Michaels has also been upset over the number of jobs he's had to do the past few months.

- One of the reasons Owen Hart returned as a face was due to the fact that if Bret Hart does leave the WWF, Then, The WWF would have wanted Hart to put his brother on the way out. The fans have been giving Owen Hart the biggest ovations out of any wrestlers on the shows, Even though he's barely been on the screen for a minute. It's unknown how the WWF will bring Owen Hart back as a employee, But it's likely that it will involve Ric Flair and Rick Rude in some kind of authority confrontation. Owen Hart was rumored to have returned as a heel during Bret Hart's heel turn, And alligned himself with Bret Hart, But the WWF couldn't come up with a explanation as to why Owen Hart would have alligned himself with the man who retired him.

- Cactus Jack is another unhappy man. Cactus Jack feels that he's been made to look bad at the hands of Kevin Nash, And had a problem with how he lost the triple threat match at the last PPV. Cactus Jack also turned down a feud with the returning Scott Hall, Who due back next month.

- Some new names have been called up from USWA. Lenny Lane, Lodi, Turbo Thompson and Chris Davis have all been called up from USWA. Lane and Lodi will form a tag team, And should debut at the end of the month. There will be videos hyping up both Thompson and Davis on the upcoming TV shows. None of these wrestlers will be at the Survivor Series though.

- Tatanka is scheduled to make his return very soon. With the way Vince McMahon wants to showcase more gimmicks, It's likely that the WWF will go overboard with the Native American gimmick. Tatanka has been wrestling at house shows, And has gotten solid responses from the crowds. Tatanka is rumored to start a feud with Vito Lograsso and Luigi Alfredo Rufino soon.

- Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit will not be breaking up their team anytime soon. One of the reasons the WWF doesn't want to split up the team is due to the fact that right now, There's no other top heel team in the division who work as well as both men. However, There has been talk of possibly moving Pillman onto the singles division in a couple of months, And putting Benoit into a tag team with the returning William Regal. The WWF feels Pillman will be able to get over on his own, But not Benoit, Who they feel lacks personality and charisma.

- The WWF has not shown much interest in bringing in Diamond Dallas Page. Right now, The WWF has a loaded roster with main eventers/upper midcarders, And feel at his age, DDP might not be able to offer much to the WWF. And it's been said that DDP is wanting too much money. But Kevin Nash and Scott Hall have been pushing for the WWF to bring in DDP.

- Jesse James is out of the doghouse, And rumors of him being paired up with a top heel have begun. Rumor has it that James will be paired up as a lackey for Steve Austin, In hopes of getting James over. Another heel James could be paired up is with, Is Francis Cloutier.

- Bryan Clark will be debuting come December. The WWF already has a character lined up for Clark, And they feel this one is a real money maker.

- William Regal will be returning to action in December as well. Regal will get a push into the European title division, Possibly feuding with Scorpio.

- Rick Martel has been feeling that he has no direction right now, But he has been assured that he will be pushed hard come 1998. And there will be atleast one world title reign for Martel. Rick Martel has been a locker room favorite ever since making his return last year, And many feel it's overdue for Martel to be the WWF Champion.

- Vader, Sean Waltman, Ken Shamrock, Al Snow and Andrew Martin have all been told that they will get huge pushes come 1998. All of these men, Even Martin, Have been told that they will be main eventers by the end of next year. Vader is expected to end up turning heel next year, While the other men will be kept at their dispositions. Sean Waltman is even rumored to be put over by his friend, Hunter Hearst Helmsley on his way to becoming a main eventer. Al Snow and Ken Shamrock will be pushed with their current gimmicks, While Andrew Martin is likely to get a push like Kevin Nash got back in 1994.

Monthly Ratings

Monday Night Raw

October 6, 1997- 6.41 (Jacobs Vs. Shawn Michaels)

October 13, 1997- 5.81 (Jacobs Vs. Kevin Nash)

October 20, 1997- 5.81 (Ken Shamrock Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley)

October 27, 1997- 5.76 (Kevin Nash Vs. Mark Henry)

Friday Night Mayhem

October 3, 1997- 6.41 (Kevin Nash Vs. Rick Martel)

October 10, 1997- 6.43 (Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Mr. Perfect Vs. Goldust, Ken Shamrock)

October 17, 1997- 5.83 (Ken Shamrock Vs. Bret Hart)

October 24, 1997- 5.79 (Ken Shamrock Vs. Shawn Michaels)

October 31, 1997- 5.85 (Kevin Nash, Shawn Michaels Vs. Cactus Jack, Steve Austin)

RAW Saturday Night

October 4, 1997- 2.90 (Al Snow Vs. Brian Pillman)

October 11, 1997- 2.59 (Marty Jannetty Vs. Kama Mustafa)

October 18, 1997- 2.96 (Nasty Mike Vs. Scott Taylor)

October 25, 1997- 2.79 (Marty Jannetty Vs. Chris Benoit) *last episode under RAW Saturday Night name*

Monday Nitro

October 6, 1997- 5.47 (Sid Vicious Vs. Lance Storm)

October 13, 1997- 4.88 (Sid Vicious Vs. Lex Luger)

October 20, 1997- 4.88 (Sting Vs. Arn Anderson)

October 27, 1997- 4.86 (Arn Anderson Vs. Sting)

Saturday Night

October 4, 1997- 2.94 (Sting Vs. Rick Steiner) *first episode on prime time*

October 11, 1997- 2.97 (Lex Luger Vs. Sid Vicious)

October 18, 1997- 2.90 (Goldberg Vs. Fit Finley)

October 25, 1997- 2.91 (Goldberg Vs. Fit Finley)

ECW Code Red

October 6, 1997- 5.43 (Mike Awesome Vs. Bam Bam Bigelow)

October 13, 1997- 4.95 (Taz Vs. Rhino)

October 20, 1997- 4.94 (Raven Vs. Mike Awesome Vs. Bam Bam Bigelow)

October 27, 1997- 4.91 (Rob Van Dam Vs. Saturn)

Hardcore TV

October 4, 1997- 2.94 (Raven Vs. Greg Valentine)

October 11, 1997- 2.92 (Rob Van Dam Vs. Super Crazy)

October 18, 1997- 2.90 (Stevie Richards Vs. The Mountie)

October 25, 1997- 2.98 (Nova Vs. Steve Doll)

Thursday Night Jam

October 2, 1997- 1.70 (Stevie Richards Vs. Glen Ruth)

October 9, 1997- 1.73 (Mike Awesome, New Jack, Nova Vs. Blizzard, Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley)

October 16, 1997- 1.70 (Mike Awesome Vs. Meng)

October 23, 1997- 1.72 (British Bulldog Vs. Phillip LaFon)

October 30, 1997- 1.70 (British Bulldog Vs. Mabel)

Monthly Income

October

Ticket Sales: $6,898,820

Pay Per View Revenue: $3,625,000

Sponsorship Money: $8,522,000

Merchandise Sales: $1,680,000

Total Income- $20,816,820

IPB Image

Michinoku Pro Announces This Year's Touring Roster

The following workers will be touring with Michinoku Pro.

Bull Nakano (SWF)

Chris Chetti (VZF)

Pat Tanaka (Free Agent)

Shane Helms (NWACI)

Ziggy Kid (Free Agent)

Other Wrestling News

- Bad News Brown has announced he will retire from SWF in one month.

- Ivan Putski has announced he will retire in one month.

- Nikolai Volkoff has announced he will retire from SWF in one month.

- Diamond Dallas Page has left WCW.

- Fit Finley has left WCW.

- Steve Doll's contract with ECW is running out.

- Genichiro Tenryu's contract with ECW is running out.

- Hulk Hogan's contract with WCW is running out.

- Diamond Dallas Page leaving WCW has made alot of people unhappy in the locker room. In the end, It appears as DDP and WCW couldn't come to terms on a new contract. Diamond Dallas Page is free to sign with anyone he wants right now, And rumor has it, That Page is interested in going to ECW. DDP didn't leave WCW on bad terms, And could return later on. Page was a favorite in the WCW locker room, And he was really getting over this year, Becoming one of the most popular babyfaces on the roster. Some feel that DDP left because he knew he wasn't going to get a fair chance in WCW, Especially with Hogan coming back.

- Hulk Hogan will more than likely have his deal renewed. Right now, Posters for next month's Starrcade has Hogan's image, Hyping Hogan's return. Infact, Hogan will be turning heel at the event. It's now known how that will happen, But it won't take alot for Hogan to turn heel, As the WCW fans have never accepted Hulk Hogan. Hogan has said that he completely wants to change his look, Perhaps, Going back to his black attire from the "dark side" angle. Hogan has also said he wants to have Mike Tyson and Dennis Rodman as allies, Perhaps, Competing in a six men tag match with Hogan at Souled Out, Or Superbrawl.

- Ultimate Warrior seems to be heading out of WCW soon. Warrior is unhappy over not getting a chance at being World Champion soon, And was even unhappier when he found out he'd be jobbing to The Giant at World War 3. Though, It's likely that after Hogan turns heel, Warrior will get the title, In order to lose it to Hogan. The big money rematch could be happening come Superbrawl 8. In the locker rooms, Warrior has said to several wrestlers that the WWF has contacted him about returning.

- With WCW now in danger of falling into a national sized promotion, Not only are several wrestlers looking at future options, But Eric Bischoff could be losing his job as president of WCW. Ted Turner has grown very frustrated with the way WCW has losing image and money this year, And over the weekend, He had a big meeting with Bischoff over the future of WCW.

- Rowdy Roddy Piper looks like he will be returning to the ring for Starrcade as well. The non wrestler/movie star could end up battling "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson at this year's Starrcade. Piper is also entered in this year's thirty men world war three match, Where it looks like the Anderson feud will begin. Rowdy Piper has very little matches signed on his WCW contract, And of them is for a World title match with Hulk Hogan.

- Sting will return to WCW with a new "crow like" character. Sting thought it was time to change his character from the surfer image, And he, Along with some of the writers, Came up with the idea for the crow character. Sting has begun growing out his hair, And new ring costumes are being designed for him. A big part of this character will involve Sting not speaking. What's more interesting is the fact that this new character could be a heel.

- Road Warriors are also going to under go a image change. They will be dropping their traditional face paint, And both men will shave their heads. WCW has also requested that both men wrestle more stiffer, Meaning that both men could turn heel soon.

- The WWF locker room isn't the only unhappy locker room right now. Alot of WCW's uppercard/midcarders have grown very frustrated with the way things are going right now in WCW. It's even rumored that some of these wrestlers will be requesting their releases from WCW very soon. Arn Anderson, Billy Kidman, Chris Candido, Eddie Guerrero, Konnan, Lance Storm, Mikey Whipwreck, Rey Mysterio Jr., Sabu, Savio Vega, Spike Dudley, Shane Douglas, The Sandman and Tommy Dreamer are the ones rumored to be unhappy right now. Obviously, Some of these wrestlers feel they'd be used better in either the WWF/ECW, Or even, SWF, Which is a national sized promotion.

- Even though it looks like WCW might be losing some of their top workers, '98 could see them gain alot of new workers. Chris Jericho, Jeff Jarrett, Jushin Thunder Liger, Yokozuna, Ron Simmons, Simon Diamond and a few others have been contacted about joining up with WCW for 1998.

- Another big name that could be joining WCW in the new year is Bret Hart. If Bret Hart does leave the WWF, That is. Eric Bischoff has been negotiating with Hart, Which is one of the reasons the WWF and Hart can't come up with a deal for Hart to stay. Bischoff has reportedly promised Bret Hart alot of things, Including headlining big PPV's, A match with Hulk Hogan, And a run as the WCW World Champion. Not to mention, More money and a easier schedule.

- WCW has World War 3 on November 30th. The main event is the much hyped battle between The Giant and Ultimate Warrior for the WCW World Championship. Also, The thirty men world war three battle royal will take place, With the winner getting a shot at the title come Superbrawl. Plus, WCW Tag Team Champions, Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio Jr. defend the titles against Harlem Heat, WCW United States Champion, Eddie Guerrero defends the title against Ultimo Dragon, Goldberg takes on Duke Droese, And, Sabu faces The Sandman in a match to determine who is hardcore.

- With the rumors over Taz possibly going to the WWF/WCW after his deal with Zero-One ends, ECW has decided to take the title off of Taz come November To Remember. The original plan was for the belt to go to either Bam Bam Bigelow or Mike Awesome, But WCW also showed interest in those men as well. Thus, Seeing there was no one left, ECW made the decision to give the belt to Raven, Who has a written deal with ECW.

- To back up the rumors of Diamond Dallas Page joining up with ECW, Raven is a friend of Page's, And in a recent interview, Raven mentioned that DDP could be coming in as soon as December. Obviously, ECW would sign Page to a written deal. So, ECW could be having DDP in the main event scene as soon as he arrives, As he'll bring a fresh face into things. If DDP does join up with ECW, His first feud will be Raven.

- ECW plan on going back to a more extreme product, However, It won't be the old ECW, It'll be more of a WWF/WCW version of ECW. Winston Brynner feels that his product can't compete with what WCW and the WWF is putting on, And hopes that if he tries to bring in some of the old elements, It'll make ECW a stand out federation, And get back some of ECW's fanbase that they lost when Brynner took over the company.

- ECW has November To Remember on November 16th. This event is looked at as ECW's biggest event of the year, And ECW has lined up a solid card for this year's event. The main event will be a ECW World title match, With Taz defending the title against the man who he defeated for the title back in May, Raven. ECW Television Champion, Mike Awesome will defend the title against Great Sasuke. ECW Tag Team Champions, Jake "The Snake" Roberts and Erik Watts will defend the titles against Dudley Boyz in the first ever tables match. Rob Van Dam will wrestle Jerry Lynn in a two out of three falls match, Rhino battles Alex Porteau, Saturn battles Steve Corino and Kensuke Sasaki in a three way dance, Bam Bam Bigelow battles Balls Mahoney, And there will be a International four way dance between Little Guido, Super Crazy, Hayabusa and Nova.

Show Reports

WWF House Show From Jacksonville, Florida 11/1/97

1. WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, Taka Michinoku defeated Scott Taylor to retain the title.

2. Kareem Arif, "The Party Boy" Marty Jannetty and Tatanka defeated Memphis Royalty and Steve Blackman.

3. Alex Wright defeated "The Idol" Kip Parker.

4. Sean Waltman defeated Jesse James.

5. Hunter Hearst Helmsley defeated "The Destruction Machine" Al Snow.

6. WWF Tag Team Champions, The Suicide Blonds defeated Dynasty to retain the titles.

7. The Undertaker defeated Francis Cloutier.

8. WWF Intercontinental Champion, Rocky Maivia defeated D'Lo Brown to retain the title.

9. Shawn Michaels defeated "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

10. WWF World Champion, Kevin Nash defeated Cactus Jack in a street fight to retain the title.

WCW House Show From Atlanta, Georgia 11/1/97

1. WCW Television Champion, Chris Candido defeated Mikey Whipwreck to retain the title.

2. Sabu defeated The Taskmaster in a hardcore rules match.

3. Konnan defeated Ultimo Dragon.

4. WCW United States Champion, Eddie Guerrero defeated Lance Storm to retain the title.

5. Sting defeated Rick Steiner.

6. The Sandman defeated Terry Gordy in a street fight.

7. WCW Tag Team Champions, Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio Jr. defeated The Nasty Boys to retain the titles.

8. Big Bubba Rogers and Road Warriors defeated Buff Bagwell and Harlem Heat.

9. Tommy Dreamer defeated Rocco Rock in a hardcore rules match.

10. WCW World Champion, The Giant defeated Ultimate Warrior to retain the title.

ECW House Show From Glenolden, Pennsylvania 11/1/97

1. Steve Corino defeated The Mountie.

2. Dudley Boyz defeated Chaz Warrington and Glen Ruth.

3. Scotty Riggs defeated The Renegade.

4. ECW Tag Team Champions, Jake Roberts and Erik Watts defeated Alex Porteau and Rhino to retain the titles.

5. Jerry Lynn defeated Little Guido.

6. Nova defeated Great Sasuke.

7. ECW Television Champion, Mike Awesome defeated Super Crazy to retain the title.

8. Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Doug Furnas.

9. Rob Van Dam defeated Saturn.

10. ECW World Champion, Taz defeated Raven to retain the title.

USWA House Show from Memphis, Tennessee 11/1/97

1. York Adams defeated USWA Light Heavyweight Champion, Shadow to win the title.

2. Vicky Roberts defeated Melissa Taylor.

3. USWA Tag Team Champions, The Nightmares defeated Gaston Dutillet and Kristian Rayner to retain the titles.

4. Kelley Summers defeated Charisma Worthy.

5. Gangrel defeated Lodi.

6. USWA North American Champion, Justin Howe defeated Johnny Grunge to retain the title.

7. Turbo Thompson defeated Droz.

8. Erik Holman and Layla Bullock defeated Lenny Lane and Beth Curtis.

9. Billy Gunn defeated Chris Davis.

10. USWA World Champion, Ludvig Borga defeated Bart Gunn to retain the title.

Current Survivor Series Card

IPB Image

credit Evansfan1 for the awesome banner

Date: November 16, 1997

Current Card

• The Undertaker Vs. Jacobs

• 5 Vs. 5

Wildcard Rules

Featuring- Ahmed Johnson, Al Snow, Alex Wright, D'Lo Brown, Ken Shamrock, Mark Henry, Mr. Perfect, Rick Martel, Rocky Maivia and Sean Waltman (official teams have not been announced yet)

• 5 Vs. 5

Team Goldust Vs. Team Helmsley

Goldust, "The Party Boy" Marty Jannetty, ?, ? and ? Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Andrew Martin, Francis Cloutier, ? and ?

• 4 Vs. 4

Chavo Guerrero, Nasty Mike, Ron Killings and Taka Michinoku Vs. Craig Finney, Johnny Swinger, Scott Taylor and Wolfie D

• 4 Vs. 4

The Island Boys and The Suicide Blonds Vs. Dynasty and Memphis Royalty

IPB Image

Credit Kempay for the logo

Channel: USA Network

Time Slot: Late Evening

Date: November 1, 1997

Attendance: 7,006

Ticket Sales: $280,240

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill

Shockwave comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill are standing by.

Jonathan Coachman- Welcome to the first ever WWF Shockwave. We're in the house! Hello everyone, I'm Jonathan Coachman, Alongside Todd Pettengill. And Todd, This week was quite chaotic in the WWF. We saw the return of Owen Hart and The Undertaker. And tonight, Shockwave has got some great action, The best hour in all of wrestling, Baby!

Todd Pettengill- Coach, It's the first ever Shockwave, And just like RAW Saturday Night, These fans will have the privilege of listening to "The Todd" for one whole hour. And you know sooner or later, They're gonna promo T-Money to prime time, Baby!

Jonathan Coachman- Yeah, Well, That remains to be seen, But fans, Like I said, We got great action tonight. And to start us off, It'll be a battle between two of the young, hungry light heavyweight's in the WWF. Everybody's favorite home boy, Ron Killings will take on "The Degenerate" Sho Funaki.

Ron Killings Vs. "The Degenerate" Sho Funaki

Referee- Monty Davidson

Both these men are future WWF Light Heavyweight Champions, And they tore down the house here. Funaki's degenerate gimmick seems to be catching on, As in the front row, There were some guys dressed up as Funaki. Funaki may appear to be in for a push come '98, As the WWF wants to have him lead a group of degenerates. Rumor has it, The WWF is looking at guys like Nova, Juventud Guerrera, Psychosis and a few other light weight's to come in for the stable. The match ended at the eleven minute mark, With Killings getting the win with a backslide.

But Killings didn't get to celebrate his victory long enough, As Funaki attacked him after the match, Planting everybody's favorite hommie with a tornado DDT. Funaki stood over Killings, Doing crotch chops, And yelled "lick it up" to the audience.

70, 65, 92 ***3/4

Todd Pettengill- Ha! Ha! Ha! Todd loves it! "The Degenerate" Sho Funaki is Todd's boy for a reason, And he just showed it to everyone tonight! Take that, Killings! Don't ya mess with "The Degenerate"! He's bad!

Jonathan Coachman- I cannot believe what a poor sport Funaki is. After a great match like that, To attack Ron Killings, It was just uncalled for.

Todd Pettengill- Uncalled for? Coach, When Todd lived in Beverly Hills, It was either act like Funaki or die. You don't know what it's like in the streets. You can't let anybody diss you like that. And you know, "The Degenerate" told me he came from the bad streets of Tokyo.

Jonathan Coachman- Todd, What kind of action did you see living in Beverly Hills? Gimme a break!

Todd Pettengill- Hey, Rich people can be tough too! I've run away from so many poodles, Man, You ain't gonna believe Todd! I've had my share of run ins with tough guys.

Jonathan Coachman- Whatever. Fans, Up next, Shockwave continues. It'll be Nasty Mike taking on "The Prince", Stay with us, We'll be right back!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Nasty Mike Vs. Brian "The Prince" Christopher

Referee- Charles Robinson

Another great light heavyweight contest. Nasty Mike is crazy over, As far as the light heavyweight's go. And it's just a matter of time before the WWF actually pushes Mike, As there's rumors that Mike is well liked by management. (probably for agreeing to the silly gimmick) The announcers talked about the matches these two men would be involved in at the Survivor Series through out the match. Christopher controlled things here, After connecting with the sunset flip/powerbomb to Mike out on the floor. But "The Prince" just couldn't keep Mike down, And soon, Mike had made a comeback. The match ended at the eight minute mark, When Mike came off the top with the JUMP! to Christopher.

After the match ended, Mike pulled Christopher up and tied him up in the ropes. Mike did the nasty dance, And put Christopher down with a springboard bulldog. Mike posed over Christopher to cheers from the fans.

72, 69, 94 ***3/4

Jonathan Coachman- Nasty Mike is victorious here tonight on Shockwave, And no doubt, Things are going to only get better and better for this fan favorite. Fans, Shockwave will be right back with tag team action!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Island Boys Vs. The Family

Referee- Mike Chioda

The Island Boys are certainly gems from USWA, As they carried The Family to quite an outing here. The fans weren't as alive for this match as they were for the other ones, But it was quite good. The Family cheated their asses off here, With, At one point, Luigi Alfredo Rufino resorting to hitting Ekmo with one of the surfboards behind the referee's back. But referee Tim White couldn't control there animals, And in the end, All four men brawled all over the ringside, With the referee ruling this a double count out.

That didn't stop all four men from brawling all the way up to the stage, And eventually, Out of sight.

64, 58, 86 **3/4

Jonathan Coachman- What a wild brawl we just witnessed. Fans, Both these great teams are no doubt next in line for a shot at the WWF Tag Team Championship, And I look forward to seeing them hooking up once again.

Todd Pettengill- No doubt about it. The Family is one of Todd's favorite teams, And next time they step into the ring with these two jokers, They will own them. The Family want those titles, And they will get what they want. They got connections, You know. They can make The Island Boys sleep with the fishes whenever they want.

Jonathan Coachman- I'm well aware of that. I've heard the stories from both men. But The Island Boys are two tough customers as well.

Todd Pettengill- Stories? They're real! Todd knows the facts. And next time, Those two fat Hawaiians won't last as long as they did tonight.

Jonathan Coachman- We'll just have to wait and see, Todd. Fans, Shockwave will return with "The Party Boy" taking on "The King", It's next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"The Party Boy" Marty Jannetty Vs. Jerry "The King" Lawler

Referee- Jack Doan

This one was pretty bad. Lawler spent more time stalling and messing with the fans than he did inside the ring. Marty Jannetty continues to be quite over with the crowd. When Lawler finally came into the ring, "The Party Boy" took him down with a few drop kicks and arm drags, But a few seconds later, Lawler nailed Jannetty with a low blow behind the referee's back. But even that wasn't enough to keep the former Intercontinental Champion. Because, A short while later, Jannetty nailed Lawler with a running enziguri kick for the win.

"The Party Boy" started dancing as his music played. He jumped out of the ring and left through the crowd.

64, 77, 63 *

Jonathan Coachman- Marty Jannetty continues his winning ways here tonight on Shockwave. 1997 has certainly been a big year for "The Party Boy", As he's won the WWF European and WWF Intercontinental Championship this year, As well as picking up several victories. Marty Jannetty is headed to be on Team Goldust come the Survivor Series, And will he be the MVP of that match?

Todd Pettengill- Marty might have beaten Lawler tonight, But Team Helmsley is alot tougher than "The King". You got "The Test", Francis Cloutier, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, And two other men we don't even know on that team. Marty Jannetty is gonna get annihilated. It's time for the monkey business to stop, And it will stop come the Survivor Series.

Jonathan Coachman- It could happen, But as long as "The Party Boy" has the support from the crowd, He can do anything. Fans, Up next, For the first time ever, It'll be Scorpio facing "The Idol" Kip Parker in a non title match! Will Scorpio's undefeated streak end? What will happen when Shockwave returns from the break?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"2 Cold" Scorpio Vs. "The Idol" Kip Parker

Referee- Jim Korderas

No Sable at ringside for Parker here tonight in this non title match up. Parker is now carrying a confetti gun, Much like Johnny B. Badd did back in the day. Parker was also dressed much more colorfully than he's used to, So, That could be a sign of a push coming up, As he is one of McMahon's favorite characters. Still, He does get the women in the audience to cheer for him for some reason. Scorpio and Parker put on a solid effort, But nothing like the two light heavyweight matches. Scorpio was all aerial here, But that was his mistake, As when he tried a moonsault to Parker out on the floor, Parker ducked, And Scorpio hit the mats. Parker came close to being the first man to pin Scorpio, But he just couldn't get the job done. Scorpio picked up the win with a inside cradle after countering the Strutter.

Afterwards, Scorpio is handed his WWF European Championship, And posed with the title. Parker looks at Scorpio, And offers a handshake. It's accepted, And both men raise each other's arm in the air.

64, 71, 73 **

Todd Pettengill- How disgusting! Why don't they just kiss? Kip Parker disappoints T-Bag. If it was Todd daddy that got beaten by Scorpio, I wouldn't have shook his hand. No, I would have smacked him upside the head with the karate chop!

Jonathan Coachman- Well, You got no sportsmanship. Kip Parker knows Scorpio was the better man tonight, And who knows? Maybe next time these two hook up, Kip Parker can walk away with the victory. Scorpio remains undefeated in the WWF, And he's the WWF European Champion as well. Scorpio has been on a role ever since debuting in the WWF.

Todd Pettengill- Yeah, But sooner or later, That undefeated streak is going to come to an end. Kip Parker isn't the man to do it, But what happens when Scorpio runs into some tough customers?

Jonathan Coachman- The WWF does have it's shares of tough customers, And who knows? Maybe Scorpio's streak will end in the future. But right now, Nobody has been able to defeat "2 Cold" Scorpio. Fans, Shockwave has to go to it's final commercial break, But here's this week's Slam Of The Week!

WWF Slam Of The Week- D'Lo Brown gives Jesse James the Sky High. (Friday Night Mayhem 10/31/97)

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chavo Guerrero Vs. Scott Taylor

Referee- Teddy Long

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome match up. Scott Taylor is still the man after coming off a devastating injury. Both these men will also be on opposite teams come the Survivor Series. They just tore down the house here. Scott Taylor got some big heat from the crowd when he was in control of the match. But Taylor would just look at the crowd, And then hit Chavo with another blow. Taylor looked like he was on his way to victory several times, But the former Light Heavyweight Champion kept fighting back from everything Taylor dished out. There were two hot near falls here, First, Taylor kicked out of Chavo's Frog Splash, And then, Chavo kicked out of Taylor's flying DDT. But tonight was Chavo's night, As he picked up the win with a powerbomb out of the corner.

Chavo Guerrero celebrated his win to victory from cheers from this crowd while Taylor was helped to the back.

77, 72, 100 ****1\2

Jonathan Coachman- Fans, What a great match we just witnessed. Chavo Guerrero is victorious here tonight, But will he lead his team to victory at the Survivor Series? Thank you for joining us tonight on Shockwave, Make sure to tune into this week's Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Mayhem. For "The Coach" and "The Todd", Have a great Sunday!

Overall Rating- 59

TV Rating- 2.93

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 2.95

Attendance- 4,514

Ticket Sales- $180,560

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.91

Attendance- 4,546

Ticket Sales- $181,840

Notes

"Ron Killings and Sho Funaki work pretty well together due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

"Nasty Mike and Brian Christopher have a fantastic chemistry in the ring, it adds a lot to the match." -Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Ekmo

"Marty Jannetty and Jerry Lawler didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?" -Pat Patterson

"I'd like to request a match or two with Rocky Maivia. I'm pretty sure we could do some good work together." -The Undertaker

"I would like to work with Kama Mustafa at some stage, i think you'd be impressed with the results." -Vader

"I'd like to request a match or two with Steve Austin. I'm pretty sure we could do some good work together." -Shawn Michaels

"I'd like to work with Sean Waltman if possible." -Rick Martel

"Our ratings battle with Hardcore TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

News

- Johnny Grunge has been released from his contract.

- Fit Finlay has signed a deal with the WWF.

- WCW have signed Diamond Dallas Page to a written contract! :thumbsdown:

- WCW have signed Blue Meanie to a written contract!

/forum/index.php?showtopic=43239">If anyone is willing to make me a banner for the next ppv, I'd appreciate it.

IPB Image

Date: November 3, 1997

This week's Monday Night Raw is going to be one of the biggest nights ever in the WWF. Tonight, We will find out who will go on to face "Big Daddy Cool" Kevin Nash at the Survivor Series for the coveted WWF Championship. Tonight, For the first time ever, In a huge triple threat main event, It'll be Cactus Jack, Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin battling it out. The winner will get the right to face Kevin Nash at the Survivor Series. And after the events of Friday night, We know this is going to be a chaotic main event. We saw Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin lay out both Cactus Jack and Kevin Nash, With Michaels super kicking Nash. Why did Michaels super kick Nash? Is there some kind of alliance between Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin? And if so, What will happen in tonight's main event? This could very well be the biggest main event in the history of Monday Night Raw. Who will go on to face Kevin Nash for the title come the Survivor Series? It's a main event you can't miss!

But tonight's main event isn't the only huge match in store for tonight's show. Because, As we found out earlier in the day, The WWF Intercontinental Championship will be on the line. Rocky Maivia, Who is considered by some to be the greatest WWF Intercontinental Champion of all time, Will defend the title against one of the best wrestlers in the WWF today, Ahmed Johnson. Both men are going to be apart of the woldcard come the Survivor Series. And they could end on the same come the Survivor Series. And what would happen if Johnson won the title and then had to team up with Maivia? Which man will walk out of tonight's show as the Intercontinental Champion?

We also got exciting six men tag team action taking place tonight. It'll be "The Destruction Machine" Al Snow, D'Lo Brown and Sean Waltman against Alex Wright, Mark Henry and Mr. Perfect. All six of these men will be involved in the wildcard match at the Survivor Series, But don't know the official teams yet. Could these teammates be on opposite sides come the Survivor Series? Could rivals be on the same side? What will happen when six of the best in the WWF hook it up tonight?

It was announced that Dynasty will team with Memphis Royalty to face The Suicide Blonds and The Island Boys are the Survivor Series. Tonight, One half of Dynasty, Chris Kanyon will face one half of The Suicide Blonds, Christian Cage. After what happened during the match between Dynasty and The Suicide Blonds last week, What will see in this match? You know these two young up and comers will do anything it takes to walk out of Monday Night Raw with the win.

Monday Night Raw has another big title match taking place tonight. It'll be a match for the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship taking place. The current champion, Taka Michinoku will defend the title against Craig Finney. Both these men have had some great matches in the past, And who will walk out of Greenville with the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship?

The Undertaker made his long awaited return this past Friday night, Accepting Jacobs' challenge for a match at the Survivor Series. Tonight, We will hear from the phenom. What will The Undertaker say after returning more powerful than ever? Jacobs and Paul Bearer will also be in Greenville. Will we see a confrontation happen between The Undertaker and Jacobs? And if so, What can we expect?

Plus, Hunter Hearst Helmsley will reveal the final two men for his team at the Survivor Series. Who has Helmsley chosen to join forces with him come the Survivor Series? Goldust will also reveal another man for his team at the Survivor Series as well. Goldust already has Marty Jannetty on his side come the Survivor Series, Who will be the third man joining his team?

This week's Monday Night Raw promises plenty of great action, And you can expect many exciting things on the way to the Survivor Series. Don't miss Monday Night Raw, Live, On the USA Network.

IPB Image

Channel: USA Network

Date: November 3, 1997

Attendance: 7,024

Ticket Sales: $280,960

Announcers: Jim Ross and Dok Hendrix

Monday Night Raw comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jim Ross and Dok Hendrix are standing by.

Jim Ross- On a night where we will see a triple threat match to determine the number one contendership for the WWF Championship come the Survivor Series, We are live in Greenville, South Carolina for Monday Night Raw. And we thank you once again for welcoming us into your home. Hello folks, I'm Jim Ross, Alongside "Handsome" Dok Hendrix. And Dok Hendrix, What a epic night where going to have here tonight. We got Cactus Jack, Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin in tonight's main event in a triple threat match. And with those combustible elements, You know you're going to see something special.

Dok Hendrix- JR, We are live for Monday Night Raw, The only wrestling show worth checking out on a Monday night. We are the worldwide leader in sports entertainment, And tonight's main event is going to be awesome! Which one of these three men will face "Big Daddy Cool" at the Survivor Series? Who's it gonna be? Will it be Cactus Jack? Will it be Steve Austin? Or, Will it be Shawn Michaels?

Jim Ross- Well, We're going to find that out a little later tonight. But that's not all, We got a huge WWF Intercontinental Championship match taking place tonight. It'll be Rocky Maivia defending the title against the people's champion, Ahmed Johnson. And folks, This will be a slobberknocker. Plus, We will be hearing from both Jacobs and The Undertaker.

Dok Hendrix- I cannot wait to hear from both men. The Undertaker made his return to the WWF last Friday night, And he accepted Jacobs' challenge for the Survivor Series. What does the phenom have to say?

Jim Ross- I don't know, But knowing The Undertaker, It'll be quite interesting to hear. And..........

Wooooooooooo!

The fans go crazy as one of the men in charge of the WWF, "The Nature Boy" himself, Ric Flair makes his way down to the ring, Cutting off JR. It's been about a month since we've seen Flair. Flair looks happy to here, As he's got a big smile on his face. Flair enters the ring and asks for a microphone. The fans let out a big "Woooooooo" as Flair gets ready to speak.

Ric Flair- Thank you, Thank you, Wooooooooooo! It's good to be back. I know you people have been wondering where I been, But after that attack from Jacobs, I needed time to rest. But I am back, And let me tell you something, Jacobs! I will get my hands on you! And when I do, You will regret ever putting your hands on me! You got that, Pal? I am gonna kick your ass! I'm gonna let Undertaker get you at the Survivor Series, But if he doesn't get the job done, I am coming for you! Woooooooo! But now then, I am here as a member of the WWF Board Of Directors. And I have a big announcement to make. Last week, We all saw it! Owen Hart came down here and beat the living hell out of Bret Hart! Owen Hart, As you all know, Is no longer a employee of the World Wrestling Federation. He was retired by his brother back in March. And now, It would appear he wants revenge. Hey, That's fine with me! I could care less about Owen Hart, But it brings a smile to my face whenever someone beats the living hell out of "The Hitman"! So, Owen Hart, I know you are here tonight! And I, And these fans, Want you to come back to the WWF! Flair pulls out what appears to be a contract from his suit jacket. Owen, I got a contract right here! Come on down here and sign it, And you can get your brother at the Survivor Series! These people miss you in the ring, And damn it, I wanna see the Hart brothers go at it one more time!

It takes about a minute, The fans chant "Owen", Hoping he'll come. And here he comes! Owen Hart makes his way through the crowd. Owen Hart jumps the rail and enters the ring. Owen's wearing all black, And looks alot more "bad ass" than he did back in March. He stares down "The Nature Boy". Owen Hart is handed a microphone as Flair smiles.

Ric Flair- Owen, I got the contract! If you sign it, You'll be a WWF employee ASAP, And you get your brother at the Survivor Series. What do you say?

"I'm the boss, You'll do as you're told." Is heard over the arena. Rick Rude's new theme starts up to boos from the crowd as the Commissioner makes his way down to the ring. Rick Rude does not look very happy to see Flair, Or Owen Hart. Rude enters the ring and snatches the microphone from Owen Hart!

Rick Rude- Hold it right there! Damn it, His ass is fired! I don't give a damn if these fans want him back, He lost! He should honor the deal he made. Owen Hart, You are a coward! You attacked your brother like a true coward! And damn it, I am not letting you back into the World Wrestling Federation. Ric Flair, I don't know who you think you are, But you cannot allow him to return! Owen Hart's ass if fired, And he better leave this ring within three seconds, Or I will get security to take his ass out of here! You South Carolina morons better shut the hell up before I arrest all of you too!

Ric Flair- Hang on, No need to be a jackass. How about this. You don't want him here, I understand. But Rick, The fans want him. And I know you could care less about what they want, But they buy tickets, Buy merchandise, And right now, They want this man to kick his brother's ass at the Survivor Series!

Rick Rude- All right, I'll tell you what. Owen, You can have your job back. But under one condition. This Friday night, I'll book you in a match against whoever I want. And if you win, You'll be back as a WWF employee. If not, Then, You stay retired, And never meddle in WWF business again. What do you say about that?

Owen Hart gets close to Rude. Rick Rude looks scared as hell, But Owen just grabs the microphone from Rude. The fans are chanting Owen's name as he gets ready to talk.

Owen Hart- Rick Rude, I should whip your ass right here, Right now for being so full of s***. But all right, I'll agree to your little match this Friday night. I hope you find someone good, Because with the way I'm feeling right now, I'm looking forward to beating the hell out of someone. And after I win this Friday night, Bret, I'm coming for you at the Survivor Series. And I'm gonna get revenge for what you did to me at the Survivor Series.

Owen Hart is cut off by the boos from the crowd, We see Bret Hart on the screen.

Bret Hart- What a bunch of BS! This is the garbage that I am talking about! Why is he even getting a shot? What did he do? I retired him! What a load of crap! Once again, The WWF screws me over! Owen Hart, I retired your ass back at Wrestlemania! I beat you within a inch of your life. I made you tap out! Why are you here? You think Survivor Series is going to be different? You know what? There won't even be a match come the Survivor Series! No, You see, I am going to make sure you don't make it to the Survivor Series. I am going to make sure you lose this Friday night. Owen, You know deep down that I am the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be! You will never be better than me, And you know it! And these people know it!

Bret's image fades from the screen. The crowd is chanting "Hitman sucks".

Rick Rude- Owen, You're gonna get your ass kicked on Friday night! How about that, B****?

Oh my! Owen Hart grabs Rude by the neck! Owen shoves Rude down to the canvas!

Owen Hart- Don't soil yourself in fear. I'm not going to beat down a washed up old man. No, When I return to the ring on Friday night, And win back my spot, You'll all see what I can do, What months of pent up frustration can do. Rick Rude, Find someone good, I am begging you for a challenge. I'll take on one, two, three, ten men! And I'll whip all their asses! Nobody is stopping me from getting my hands on Bret Hart, Nobody!

Rick Rude- That's fine and dandy, But you're not employed yet. So, Leave, Before I have your ass arrested!

Owen Hart stares Rude down and exits the ring. Owen Hart makes his way out through the crowd as Flair and Rude stare each other down.

Jim Ross- Owen Hart could be getting his job back this Friday night! What a auspicious way to kick off Raw. Folks, Will Owen Hart be returning to the World Wrestling Federation after this Friday night? Can it happen? And judging by Owen's new attitude, He could take Rick Rude to the woodshed very, very soon.

Dok Hendrix- JR, You're walking on sunshine if you think Owen Hart will return. Commissioner Rick Rude will find someone to take out that thug. Owen Hart has no respect for authority, Did you see what he did to Rude?

Jim Ross- I enjoyed seeing Owen Hart shoving Rick Rude on his ass. It's about time someone did that to the "beloved" Commissioner of the WWF. I was hoping Owen would stomp a mudhole on Rick Rude's ass and walk it dry! And what a exciting way to open up Monday Night Raw. And folks, Stay with us, Because, When Monday Night Raw returns, It'll be the WWF Intercontinental Championship on the line. Rocky Maivia defends against the big hoss, Ahmed Johnson!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

IPB Image

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Ahmed Johnson W/Ken Shamrock Vs. Rocky Maivia© W/Rick Martel

Referee- Teddy Long

Stinker of a match, But the crowd was on their feet for it. Through out the match, The announcers talked about how all these men were going to be involved in the wildcard match at the Survivor Series, And how Martel and Maivia could end up on opposite teams. Ken Shamrock got a huge ovation as he accompanied Johnson to ringside. Ahmed Johnson ran right over Maivia early on in the match. Maivia had to run out to the floor to avoid getting beaten quickly. After talking things over with Martel, Maivia returned to the ring, But still got his ass handed to him. Luckily for him, Martel interfered behind the referee's back. Maivia wore down Johnson for a few minutes, Keeping Johnson in holds like sleeper holds and chinlocks. But Johnson proved to be too much for the champ, And fought back. Johnson was on his way to winning the title, Running Maivia down with several clotheslines, And knocking Maivia down with stiff blows. Martel even got up on the apron, But Johnson knocked him down. Maivia tried to TGS Johnson, But got thrown into the ropes, Running into a big spinebuster. Johnson called for the Pearl River Plunge, But Martel ran into the ring with the title, And nailed Johnson in the head! Teddy Long called for the bell, Giving Johnson the win by DQ.

Before Martel could inflict further damage on Johnson, Shamrock entered the ring and pounded on Martel with right hands. Maivia tried to blinside Shamrock, But took a big time belly to belly suplex for his troubles. Shamrock then clotheslined Martel out to the floor, And tossed Maivia out as well. Ken Shamrock tried to help up Johnson, But Johnson shoved him away. It seemed Johnson was a bit upset over Shamrock not stopping Martel from interfering.

77, 83, 65 *1\2

Jim Ross- Damn it! Damn that disingenuous Rick Martel! Ahmed Johnson was on his way to becoming the WWF Intercontinental Champion! Damn it! Rocky Maivia keeps the title, But I don't think he wants to lock it up with the big Johnson anytime soon. Ahmed Johnson had the third generation Superstar beat! We were going to have a new champion. I think Maivia's got a case of the limber tail when it concerns Ahmed Johnson.

Dok Hendrix- How do you know that? Rocky Maivia could have kicked out of the Pearl River Plunge, But Johnson didn't get a chance to deliver it to the champ. Fact is, Envy is a group, And they work like a pack. And once you're friends with Rick Martel, He's got your back. And speaking of that, Why didn't Shamrock stop Johnson from interfering? I think Shamrock wants to be the one to beat Maivia for the title.

Jim Ross- What a ridiculous comment. Shamrock couldn't make it in the ring in time. Buy folks, I'm sure Ahmed Johnson will be granted a rematch with Rocky Maivia. And when he does, He's gonna take Maivia to the woodshed, Let me tell you. Both these young studs have unlimited potential, Especially Ahmed Johnson, Who is built like a tank. I'll tell you what, You won't find high quality athletes like Ahmed Johnson or Rocky Maivia anywhere else.

Final Members Of Team Helmsley

Our cameras take us to the locker room of Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Helmsley looks a bit worried as he sits down on a chair. Andrew Martin is in the locker room with him.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Where is Cloutier? He said he was going to find the last two members of Team Helmsley, But where is he? I'm not paying you two to slack off. And I'm not doing him no favors until I see who he's got lined up.

Andrew Martin- Don't worry about it, He knows what he's doing.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- He better be.

Francis Cloutier walks in with Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit. Brian Pillman and Chris Benoit just stare at Helmsley.

Francis Cloutier- Mr. Helmsley, Meet the final two members of Team Helmsley for the Survivor Series.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- These two?

Chris Benoit- You got a problem with that?

Brian Pillman- Yeah, Or do you want someone better? Because, You're not gonna find it!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Hey, I got no problem with you two. I was just thinking about our past history, And........

Brian Pillman- Don't worry about that. Hell, We're not. We don't like you, But Mr. Cloutier, The business man that he is, Talked us into this. For a price that is. And we got no problem beating down that gold freak at the Survivor Series. See, We've been pissed off as of late, And we want to take our aggressions out on somebody!

Chris Benoit- And who better than five lambs being lead to slaughter?

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Hell of a job, Cloutier. Team Goldust is going to go down come the Survivor Series.

All five men have sick smiles on their faces as we go to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Not Afraid

Monday Night Raw returns with highlights shown of The Undertaker's return. We then cut to the backstage area, Where Jacobs and Paul Bearer are standing by.

Paul Bearer- Oh no, Undertaker, You returned! Oh yes, You did! But do you think you scare us? We've seen the best you can do, And we're not impressed! No, We're not! See, We got a plan for the Survivor Series! You, Deadman, Are gonna go down at the hands of this man! Undertaker! You made the biggest mistake of your life by returning! And when my Jacobs, The new phenom, Gets his hands on you, He will destroy you! Undertaker, You cannot win! He's not afraid of you! My new phenom will do what he did to you back in August, He will send you running! You were gone for two months! Where were you? You were watching this man on the television, Shaking in fear! And Undertaker, You will be shaking in fear when you meet him eye to eye at the Survivor Series! And when the night is over, He will make you rest in peace, Oh yes, He will!

Paul Bearer laughs like a maniac while Jacobs just stands there. We go back to ringside, Where the music of Sean Waltman hits to a big ovation from the crowd.

"The Destruction Machine" Al Snow, D'Lo Brown and Sean Waltman Vs. Alex Wright, Mark Henry W/James E. Cornette and Mr. Perfect

Referee- Jim Korderas

Six men tag team match up to hype up the wildcard match for the Survivor Series. It was announced that Ahmed Johnson, Ken Shamrock, Rick Martel and Rocky Maivia had already left the building, Thus, This would be a fair match. The announcers talked about the problems Al Snow and Sean Waltman have been having as of late, And how both men have decided to put their differences aside for this match. Though, It seemed like both men were trying to out do each other here. This became evident when Waltman somehow took Henry off his feet with a big kick, And then, Before diving off the ropes onto the big beast, He gave Snow a cocky smile. But Snow didn't take that one upping quietly, As he somehow hit Henry with a overhead belly to belly suplex. But all their efforts ended up distracting both men, Which allowed their partner, D'Lo to be isolated. And whenever it looked like D'Lo would make the hot tag, Waltman and Snow would be too busy shoving each other. However, D'Lo caught Wright with a desperate Sky High, And tagged in Waltman. Waltman went bananas on his opponents, Catching them all with big kicks. All hell broke loose, And all six men entered the match. D'Lo Brown took Mr. Perfect out to the floor with a clothesline, And both men battled around the ringside area. Inside the ring, Alex Wright got knocked down by a big spin kick from Waltman, And Snow followed up by suplexing Wright over the top, Right out to the floor. Inside the ring, Snow went to kick Henry, But accidentally nailed Waltman. Henry tossed Snow out to the floor and looked to finish Waltman off with a big splash, But Waltman moved out of the way! Then, Waltman drove Henry down to the canvas with a facebuster for the shocking one, two, three!

Sean Waltman slowly got up while Henry was helped out of the ring. D'Lo entered the ring and raised Waltman's arm in the air while Snow watched from the outside, Looking a bit envious of Waltman's impressive win.

82, 85, 77 **3\4

Jim Ross- Waltman, Waltman! My God, What a win! Sean Waltman pinned Mark Henry! Who's your daddy, Mark Henry? Sean Waltman, One of the best up comers in the WWF, Has just pinned a man who took the fight to Kevin Nash last week! A man who is well over the X pound mark. James E. Cornette is shocked!

Dok Hendrix- I cannot believe this, Sean Waltman, Who is barely two hundred pounds, Defeated Mark Henry! Look at these morons chanting for this guy! What is so special about Sean Waltman? I just don't get it!

Jim Ross- Sean Waltman is a hard worker, Dok Hendrix. Here's a kid who borrowed money to go wrestling school, Worked his way through the small territories, And found himself in the WWF. He's made his own name in the WWF, And he continues to get better and better every week. He's one of my favorites, And these people love him! He's got unlimited potential, And he's going to be huge in this business.

Dok Hendrix- Sure, I'll give him credit for tonight's win, But all it did was piss off Mark Henry. And what happens if they're teammates come the Survivor Series?

Jim Ross- Well, Anything can happen in the WWF. But Sean Waltman alongside his teammates, Walk out of Monday Night Raw with the win. Folks, Monday Night Raw will return with two young studs going at it, Christian Cage versus Chris Kanyon, And it's next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chris Kanyon W/Hollywood Holly Vs. Christian Cage W/Adam Copeland

Referee- Charles Robinson

Chris Kanyon and Hollywood Holly will be joining forces with Memphis Royalty at the Survivor Series, When they face The Suicide Blonds and The Island Boys. And after last week's title match, There's alot of bad blood here. This is one of Kanyon's first few singles matches in the WWF. And he and Christian Cage seemed to work really well together. Jim Ross was quite impressed with Kanyon's offense, And talked about how many fans might not have thought much of Kanyon due to the fact that he managed Hollywood earlier in the year, But he said Kanyon was a great wrestler. Christian Cage seemed to control things early on, Until Hollywood got involved behind the referee's back. Chris Kanyon used alot of different maneuvers on Cage, Some of them looking like they did severe damage to Cage, And could have won Kanyon match if he hadn't stopped to pose for the crowd. Christian Cage made the comeback after catching Kanyon with a tornado DDT out of nowhere. Cage picked up several near falls over Kanyon, Almost winning the match with a reverse diving DDT. Christian Cage went for the Caged Fury, But Hollywood got up on the apron, Copeland had enough, And knocked Hollywood off the apron, And started to punch the daylights out of Hollywood. However, Cage was distracted long enough for Kanyon to recover and counter the Caged Fury into the Just Close Your Eyes for the three.

Dynasty headed to the back with big smiles on their faces while Adam Copeland came into the ring to check on Christian Cage.

79, 75, 83 ***

Jim Ross- Chris Kanyon gets the win here, But it's thanks to Hollywood Holly's distraction, Just as Christian Cage had built some momentum. And I'll tell you what, Chris Kanyon really impressed me here tonight with his arsenal of offensive maneuvers. He might be goofier than a pet coon, But he's truly innovative. You can't deny his skills. Dynasty and The Suicide Blonds will fight again, And even though Dynasty win the match tonight, They sure as hell haven't won the war.

Dok Hendrix- Face it, Dynasty should be the champs. They had the titles won last week if The Island Boys hadn't gotten involved. But don't worry, Dynasty always has a plan, And when they get a rematch with the champs, They will take those titles from them. Dynasty are the future WWF Tag Team Champions, Mark my words. And Kanyon didn't need Hollywood's help tonight, It's not his fault Christian Cage tried to attack Hollywood. I saw it on the monitor, You must have missed it.

Jim Ross- Well, That's your story and I'm sure you're sticking to it. But last week, The Suicide Blonds defeated Dynasty. And with the way the WWF tag team division has been going, We got some great teams going after the titles. We got teams like The Godwinns, Dynasty, The Suicide Blonds, Benoit and Pillman, The Island Boys, And many others. You won't find a tag team division as exciting as the WWF's. In any event, Up next, We'll hear from Goldust. And folks, You might wanna put the women and children to bed for this one.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Has Goldust One Upped Helmsley?

Goldust stands on top of the stage with a microphone in hand as Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break.

Goldust- Hunter Hearst Helmsley, You think you're so damn smart, Don't you? You might have your team completed, But I just got someone ten times tougher than anybody on your team! Ladies and gentlemen, The third member of Team Goldust, The man they call Vader!

"It's time, It's time, It's Vader time!" is heard as the music of the monster Vader plays to a big ovation from the crowd. And out from the back, Comes the big man. He stands on top of the stage with Goldust, Growling at the camera.

Goldust- Vader, What do you have to say?

Vader- Goldust, When you asked me to be on your team, I didn't have to think about. I hate everyone on Team Helmsley, And quite frankly, I wanna kick some ass at the Survivor Series! So, Don't worry, It can be us three against them, It won't matter, Because I will run right over Team Helmsley! And the Survivor Series will be Vader time!

Vader's music hits as he poses. Goldust and Vader head to the back as we go back to ringside.

Jim Ross- Goldust has just chosen some hellacious back up. And in my view, Vader beats all of Helmsley's picks for the Survivor Series. Vader is a big horse, And he will pound Team Helmsley come the Survivor Series. What a smart game plan by Goldust. Vader has been tougher than a $2 steak ever since returning to action, And he will annihilate the competition at the Survivor Series. I sure as hell would like to see Vader pound Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Francis Cloutier.

Dok Hendrix- Calm down, Vader is one man. Team Helmsley has five men. Goldust might have "The Party Boy" and Vader backing him up, But Team Helmsley has five of the top athletes in the WWF. And let me tell you something, Jabba, Andrew Martin could knock Vader out with one big boot to the face. That's all it'll take.

Jim Ross- We'll see what will happen in the big ten men elimination match come the Survivor Series. I would love to see those two stiff hosses, Martin and Vader battle it out. In my view, It'd be the ultimate slobberknocker. But folks, Up next, It'll be a battle of two of the young up and coming light heavyweight's. It'll be a match for the World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Championship. Taka Michinoku, The champion, Defends the title against one half of Rated X, Craig Finney. Finney's music is playing, And here he comes skating down the rampway, Alongside Wolfie D.

IPB Image

World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Championship

Taka Michinoku© Vs. Craig Finney W/Wolfie D

Referee- Mike Chioda

Before the match even started, Wolfie D tried to take out Taka, Only for Taka to nail Wolfie D square in the face with the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship. With Wolfie D out of the way, Finney was on his own, Taking on one of his opponents for the Survivor Series. Finney and Taka had a nice little match here, But the crowd only seemed to care whenever one of these guys did something off the top. In this case, Finney hit a nice cross body to Taka out on the floor, With Taka following up a few minutes later with a tope to Finney and Wolfie D. (who had recovered by then) Taka went for a cross body, But Finney ducked, And Taka took out Chioda. Taka ended up planting Finney with the Michinoku Driver, But there was no one to make the count. Wolfie D then ran down to the ring with the title, And nailed Taka in the face! Finney covered Taka, And Chioda came to and made the three, Giving Finney the win, And the title. Finney didn't get a chance to celebrate though, As referee Tim White came down from the back and told Chioda what happened. Chioda reversed the decision, Therefore, Taka is still the champion.

Rated X didn't like that one bit, And attacked Taka! They put the boots to Taka, But Chavo Guerrero ran down to the ring for the save! Chavo fought off Rated X, Sending both men out to the floor. Chavo checked on Taka while Rated X headed to the back, Making sure to make threats to Chavo Guerrero.

74, 66, 83 **3\4

Taka Michinoku gained overness from this match.

Jim Ross- Thank God for referee Tim White. Craig Finney, That ridiculous young man, Almost stole the title from the young Taka Michinoku, Japan's finest export to the WWF.

Dok Hendrix- Wait a minute, What business does Tim White have out there? Or Chavo Guerrero? Craig Finney got robbed here tonight. He should be skating up that rampway with the gold around his waist.

Jim Ross- When referee Monty Davidson does it, You got no problem with it. And now you complain about a fine referee like Tim White doing it? Tim White is just enforcing the rules. You think he wants to see a jackass like Finney walk around as the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion?

Dok Hendrix- Monty Davidson is a fair man. He's never screwed anyone over. He should have been the referee in this match.

Jim Ross- Well, In any event, Taka Michinoku is still the champion. And thanks to his teammate, Chavo Guerrero, He didn't get a beating at the hands of those two punks. Folks, On Friday Night Mayhem, The Undertaker made his long awaited return to the WWF. And he straight up kicked Jacobs' behind. We know these two will meet at the Survivor Series. At the top of the hour, We heard from Paul Bearer and Jacobs, But right now, Lets hear from the phenom himself, The conscience of the WWF, The Undertaker.

No Harm Can Be Done

The Undertaker is standing by in the interview area, We only see his face, As the lights appear to be turned off.

The Undertaker- Paul Bearer, You want to know why it took me so long to come back? For the past two months I been in the temple of darkness, Hidden from the rest of the world. I been recovering from the injuries you two caused me. I been in a deep sleep, Preparing myself for the day of darkness, Halloween itself. And I have come back, And I am stronger than ever. Jacobs, Prepare yourself for the Survivor Series. For you see, I have collected the energy and the powers of each and every creature of the night in the whole entire world. And that energy has made me a new man. Jacobs, You tried, And your best efforts couldn't keep me down. And come the Survivor Series, I will destroy you. I will bury you. For you see, There is one thing that will happen at the Survivor Series, Your fate is sealed. The creatures of the night have spoken to me. And they have said for me to destroy you. And at the Survivor Series, You will rest in peace.

With that said, We go back to ringside.

Jim Ross- The Undertaker is all business tonight. And folks, You wanna order the Survivor Series to see that match. It will be a fight, It won't be for the weak of heart, That's for damn sure. The Undertaker wants revenge on the demon, The monster known was Jacobs, And will it happen deep in the heart of Texas? I cannot wait to see that match, It's a dream match for every fan in the WWF. And it will happen at the Survivor Series. It could be the damnedest thing we'll ever see in the WWF.

Dok Hendrix- Undertaker sounds too confident, You know Paul Bearer has got a plan for the deadman come the Survivor Series.

Jim Ross- Knowing Paul Bearer, You might be right. The black hearted bastard always has something up his sleeve. In any event, Up next, It's time for the main event. It'll be a triple threat match. One fall to the finish. The winner will meet Kevin Nash for the WWF Championship at the Survivor Series. Cactus Jack, Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin will get it on here tonight.

Dok Hendrix- Who do you got your money on JR? Who's going to go to the Survivor Series to face "Big Daddy Cool"?

Jim Ross- Well, In my view, I think it will be "Stone Cold". He's the most sadistic one in this match, And holds victories over both men. And after what we saw on Friday night, Could "Stone Cold" and "The Heart Break Kid" be working together?

Dok Hendrix- No way. What happened on Friday night was a coincidence. It's every man for themselves in this one, And all they care about is going to the Survivor Series.

Jim Ross- Well, I hope you're right, As a alliance between Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin would be deadly on the WWF. Fans, You stay with us, Because, Up next, It's the triple threat match up. Austin, Jack and Michaels are gonna get it on, And it's up next! It's a heartbeat away!

WWF Slam Of The Week- Nasty Mike JUMPS onto Sho Funaki. (Shockwave 11/1/97)

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hardcore Triple Threat Match

The Winner Will Face The WWF Champion At The Survivor Series

Cactus Jack Vs. Shawn Michaels Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Referee- Earl Hebner

These three men put on a awesome affair. Before the match started, It was announced that this was going to be fought under hardcore rules, Just make sure there would be a fair winner. Then, Kevin Nash made his way down to the ringside area to join the announcers for commentary. Interestingly enough, Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin both jumped Cactus Jack to start things off. Both men double teamed Jack, With neither men even going after the other. Things turned sour quickly though, As Michaels brought a trash can to the ring and accidentally nailed Austin with it. Then, Jack nailed Michaels with right hands, Before beating the living daylights out of "The Heart Break Kid" and "Stone Cold" with the trash can. The action soon spilled out to the floor, Where Austin and Michaels suplexed Jack on the steel rampway, But then, Michaels nailed Austin with a DDT on the steel rampway! We returned from the commercial break with Michaels hitting Austin with Sweet Chin Music, But Jack made the save at two. Jack and Austin double teamed Michaels for a bit, Before Jack turned on Austin, Applying the Mandible Claw to Austin, Only for Austin to low blow him and hit him with the Stunner for a close near fall, Which was interrupted by Michaels. The match went on with all three men getting near falls on the other, With none one having a big advantage. Shawn Michaels had brought a steel chair into the ring and drilled Jack with a shot to the head. He followed up by nailing Austin with a shot to the back, And then slamming Austin down. Michaels went up top and hit Austin with the flying elbow drop. Michaels started to tune up the band, But got distracted by Nash, Who left the announce position, And started walking up the rampway. Michaels' ego got the best of him, And he left the ring. He followed Nash up the rampway, And started yelling at Nash for ignoring him. Nash told Michaels to look back in the ring, And when Michaels turned around, Jack had drilled Austin with a double arm hook DDT onto the steel chair, And covered Austin for the win!

Shawn Michaels was livid! Michaels ran down to the ring and tackled Cactus Jack! Michaels started pounding Jack down, But Nash entered the ring and pulled Michaels off of Jack! Michaels shoved Nash, And Nash responded by shoving Michaels on his ass! Nash looked like he regretted doing it, But Michaels left the ring in a fit. Austin was out on the floor, While Nash stared down Jack.

94, 96, 92 ****1\4

Wooooooooooo Part II

Shawn Michaels started walking up the stage, But stopped halfway when the music of Ric Flair hit. Out came Ric Flair, Standing on top of the stage with a microphone in hand.

Ric Flair- Woooooooooooo! What a match! Fellas, I have got to hand it to you, You three are three of the craziest bastards I have ever seen in my life! What a match! I appreciate all three of your efforts! And it looks like we got a number one contender for the title! Cactus Jack, My man, You are going to face Kevin Nash for the WWF Championship at the Survivor Series, Woooooooooo! Yeah, You are! But what about Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin? Well, They can't miss the Survivor Series! I mean, It's in HBK's hometown, Austin's homestate! It wouldn't be fair for those Texans to not see these two! And I'll tell you what, You two are gonna rock down the house one more time at the Survivor Series, Because, I have signed you two to face each other one more time! That's right! Austin versus Michaels, Straight up wrestling, For the last time, By God! Woooooooo! But wait! I can't help but feel this year's Survivor Series is lacking. And then, I thought of something! Why not do something special? See, Cactus, It will be you and Nash fighting for the title. But here's the catch. The winner of that match will have to defend the title against either Austin or Michaels right after! Yeah! Two of you guys will have to wrestle twice in the same night! And the man who wins both matches will be the champion! So, Cactus Jack, You could beat Nash for the title and lose it right after! That way, Austin and Michaels both get their chance to fight for the title, Cactus gets his title shot, And Nash could kick ass twice in one night! Wooooooooo! Have a good night!

Jim Ross- Oh my God, Folks! What a announcement by "The Nature Boy"! What a epic Survivor Series we're gonna see! Kevin Nash will defend the title against Cactus Jack! Shawn Michaels will face Steve Austin! And the winners of those two matches will fight for the title right after! What a Survivor Series we're gonna have in San Antonio, Deep in the heart of Texas! Fans, Thank you for joining us here tonight, See you this Friday night!

Monday Night Raw goes off the air with Flair standing on top of the stage with a big smile on his face as Michaels, Nash, Austin and Jack all stare each other down.

Overall Rating- 82

TV Rating- 5.81

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 4.93

Attendance- 4,042

Ticket Sales- $161,680

ECW Code Red

TV Rating- 4.94

Attendance- 4,521

Ticket Sales- $180,840

USPW Thursday Night Jam

TV Rating- 1.73

Attendance- 808

Ticket Sales- $24,240

Notes

"I should be higher on the card, promote me up the roster." -Ahmed Johnson

"Taka Michinoku and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Nasty Mike? I think our styles would really work well together." -Craig Finney

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

News

- Shawn Michaels was suppose to get pinned by Cactus Jack during the main event, After interference from Kevin Nash had backfired, But Michaels had the finish changed to Austin get pinned, As he didn't want to lose to Cactus Jack.

- Rick Martel has announced that he has found religion and is a changed man!

- Ronnie Fraser has taken over control of OLLIE!

- Due to new management's cost-cutting measures, Jamie Noble has left OLLIE!

- Due to new management's cost-cutting measures, Christopher Daniels has left OLLIE!

- Due to new management's cost-cutting measures, Scott Vick has left OLLIE!

- Eddie Mann has agreed to an open contract with OLLIE!

- Craig Pittman has agreed to an open contract with OLLIE!

- Danny Nathans has agreed to an open contract with OLLIE!

Edited by Baby Hewey

IPB Image

Channel: UPN

Date: November 7, 1997

With the Survivor Series just being nine days away, The WWF is going to rock Charleston, South Carolina for tonight's episode of Friday Night Mayhem. On Monday night, Rick Rude made a deal with Owen Hart. Rick Rude granted Owen Hart a chance to get back his job with the WWF, If he could defeat someone Rick Rude put in the ring with him. Owen Hart accepted, But who has Rick Rude chosen for this task? Who will face Owen Hart? What will happen in this huge main event? Owen Hart has not wrestled a match since Wrestlemania 13, What kind of condition is the rebel in? Will Owen Hart be able to get his job back, And more importantly, Will he get his hands on his brother, Bret "The Hitman" Hart at the Survivor Series? What is going to happen tonight in this chaotic main event?

The Undertaker made his return last week on Friday Night Mayhem. And we know that come the Survivor Series, The Undertaker will face Jacobs in a one on one match up. But tonight, The Undertaker makes his return to the ring. Tonight, The Undertaker must face one of the toughest wrestlers in all of the WWF, A man he has alot of history with, "The Supreme Fighting Machine" Kama Mustafa. These men have had some wars in the past, And both know each other very well. Who is going to win what should be a awesome contest?

Hollywood Holly helped Chris Kanyon defeat Christian Cage on Monday night. But tonight, Hollywood must take on Cage's partner, Adam Copeland. Both Dynasty and The Suicide Blonds have been locked in a bitter rivalry, And as we head into the Survivor Series, Which tandem will prove to be the more dominate one? Can Adam Copeland pull off the win against Hollywood, Or will he fall like his partner did on Monday night?

"The Idol" Kip Parker has had amazing success ever since making his debut in the summer. Tonight, Kip Parker must face another man who's had a ton of success, Jesse James. Both these two are no doubt going to trying to impress the Commissioner here tonight. There's alot on the line for both these men, And this should be a solid contest between two of the best the WWF has to offer. And which man will walk away with the win tonight?

The undefeated WWF European Champion, Scorpio will put the title on the line against Brian Pillman. Pillman is used to wrestling in tag team matches alongside Chris Benoit, But can he pull off the upset and become the new WWF European Champion? Will he be the one to end Scorpio's amazing undefeated streak, Or will Scorpio continue to dominate? What will happen in this match, One that should be a classic?

Also tonight, We will hear from all four men involved in the title match at the Survivor Series. At the end of Monday Night Raw, Ric Flair dropped a bombshell. He announced that Kevin Nash would defend the title against Cactus Jack, While Shawn Michaels wrestled Steve Austin. The winner of the Michaels/Austin match would wrestle the champion right after. What will all four men have to say about the Survivor Series? Will we see things between Kevin Nash and Shawn Michaels explode after the events of last week and last Monday night? What about Austin and Jack? Anything can happen between these four men tonight!

Disco Inferno wasn't hosting the Disco Lounge on Monday night, But he will hold a special episode of the Disco Lounge tonight. And his guest will be Sean Waltman. Sean Waltman pulled off a huge upset last Monday night when he pinned Mark Henry. What does Waltman have to say? Will he address the issues between himself and Al Snow? And what will Waltman have to say about the wildcard match at the Survivor Series?

Speaking of the wildcard match, Ric Flair and Rick Rude have chosen the teams for that match, And we will find out tonight!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...