World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

user posted image

Credit Jack Krauser for the logo

Date: March 21, 1997

Wrestlemania 13 is only two days away. As we get ready for the biggest event of all time, Tonight the World Wrestling Federation brings you action as only the WWF can. Tonight, We're going to see the biggest main event ever to take place on Friday Night Mayhem. Tonight's main event will be a huge match between the world's most dangerous man Ken Shamrock and the genetic wonder, Kevin Nash. Both these men are heading into Wrestlemania 13 into huge battles. Shamrock wants to get revenge on the man who's been playing sick mind games with him, Goldust. And Kevin Nash wants to run Ric Flair out of being the Commissioner of the WWF. This is a huge match just two days away from Wrestlemania. And the big question is, Which man will come out victorious tonight? Can Kevin Nash defeat Shamrock? Or will Shamrock somehow be able to beat one of the greatest wrestlers in the WWF? You do not want to miss this huge match up, Ken Shamrock versus Kevin Nash tonight!

On Monday Night Raw, We saw Shawn Michaels get a blood bath at the hands of Cactus Jack. We know that the "Heart Break Kid" has been angry all week due to the humiliation he suffered by Cactus Jack on Monday night. How will Shawn Michaels react? Both Michaels and Cactus Jack are going to be in Madison Square Garden tonight!

This Sunday night, The biggest main event in Wrestlemania will take place. The Undertaker enters Wrestlemania as the challenger for the WWF Championship when he takes on the greatest World Wrestling Federation Champion of all time, Scott Hall. On Monday Night Raw we saw Scott Hall dominate The Undertaker while Kevin Nash held The Undertaker back. Both men are going to be in Madison Square Garden tonight, What's going to happen on the final stop to Wrestlemania 13 between both these men who'll be in the main event this Sunday night?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Rick Martel Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Rick Martel laid down the special non title challenge for tonight's show. Steve Austin is a truly marked man as he heads into Wrestlemania this Sunday. Martel and Al Snow both want revenge on Austin, And what's Hunter Hearst Helmsley going to do after getting stunned on Monday Night Raw? Who will win this match up? This should be a great match between two of the most talented WWF Superstars.

Hakushi, Taka Michinoku, Scott Putski and Chavo Guerrero Vs. Sean Waltman, Steve Bradley, Brian Christopher and Sho Funaki

All eight of these men head into Sunday's Wrestlemania with one goal in mind, To become the first ever WWF Light Heavyweight Champion. This will be a eight men match up and it should be a awesome contest between the talented Light Heavyweight competitors. Which team will get the victory as we go into Wrestlemania?

Brian Adams and Brian Lee Vs. Ron Simmons and British Bulldog

Another special non title match, Lee laid down the challenge due to Ron Simmons pinning him on Monday night. And we know that Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman will be providing colour commentary for this match. Will they get involved? Which tag team will get the win just two days away from Wrestlemania?

Bret Hart Vs. Hollywood Holly

This is a huge match for "The Hitman" as we head into Wrestlemania. Bret Hart no doubt has got his career and his brother Owen in mind for this Sunday night. But he better have his head focused on this match, Because he's taking on one of the best superstars that the WWF has to offer. And lets not forget that Hollywood Holly has his manager, The "injured" Chris Kanyon in his corner.

Ken Shamrock Vs. Kevin Nash

No doubt that this is the biggest match ever on a Friday Night Mayhem. We all know that both men are heading into this Sunday's Wrestlemania with different agendas. Kevin Nash wants to get rid of Ric Flair as the Commissioner, And Shamrock is looking to hurt Goldust. The question is, Which man will come out on top during this huge main event match up?

user posted image

Channel: UPN

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: March 21, 1997

Attendance: 10,017

Ticket Sales: $400,680

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Jerry Lawler are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Rick Martel Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Steve Austin started this match off by jumping Martel from behind. Austin pounded away on Martel in the corner, Using chokes and stomps to the former Intercontinetal and Tag Team Champion. Austin had things his way until Al Snow was shown standing on top of the stage, Holding a baseball bat. Austin got distracted when Snow pointed the bat at him, Which allowed Martel to nail Austin from behind and send Austin out to the floor. Martel beat on Austin out on the floor and rammed Austin into the steel steps and steel ring post before suplexing Austin on the outside. Martel got a few near falls on Austin inside the ring, But after Austin caught Martel with a spinebuster, The match went right back to being in Austin's way. Austin used suplexes and worked over Martel's back with him staring up at Snow every few seconds. Martel made the big comeback after he delivered a huge superplex to Austin right off the top turnbuckle. Martel fought back, Nailing Austin with right hands and chops, Martel then followed up with a atomic drop and clothesline. Both Martel and Austin fought back and fourth, Austin kicked Martel in the gut and set him up for the Stone Cold Stunner, But he got distracted by Al Snow, Who was walking the ramp way, Still pointing the bat at Austin. This allowed Martel to roll up Austin to pick up the win. After the match ended, Snow came into the ring with the baseball bat in hand. He went to hit Austin, But Martel snatched the bat from Snow! Martel and Snow got into a tug 'o war with the bat, With Martel ending up hitting Snow right in the stomach with it! Martel went to check on Snow, But Austin grabbed the bat and nailed Martel over the back with it! Austin then hit Snow with a shot to the ribs! Austin took the bat and kept hitting both Martel and Snow over the ribs with it. After Austin threw down the baseball, He took the Intercontinental Championship and posed with it. And watching him from the top of the stage, Was Hunter Hearst Helmsley.

78, 90, 83 ***1\4

Scott Hall Only Has One Thing In Mind

*From earlier today*

We're taken to a cemetery, Where we see Scott Hall in his street clothes, Wearing all black. Scott Hall has the World Wrestling Federation Championship Scott Hall is kneeled down in front of a gravestone, Hall lays down some flowers on the gravestone and stands up. Hall looks at the camera and begins to speak.

Scott Hall- What a shame huh? Someone taken from us so young, So soon. A man full of life, Full of energy. Did anyone even inform this man's family of what's happened to him? Does he even have a family? I guess not. Undertaker, I'm so sorry for your passing. What? You don't know what I'm talking about? Well, I guess they should have really aired this after Wrestlemania 13. After I bury you once and for all. But hey, There's nothing wrong with looking into the future is there deadman? I mean, You're looking ahead. You're thinking that you're somehow going to be able to get my mind, body and soul this Sunday night. You wanna know what I'm thinking? I'm thinking that I'm going to finish you once and for all. No, I'm not gonna kill ya or nothing. But I think you will buried after this Sunday night. I see you in a grave. I see you far away from me and the WWF Championship after Wrestlemania. Undertaker, You want this title? Well, Good luck on trying to take it from me. Because I'm ready for this Sunday night. I'm ready to beat you and to make sure you never come close to being the number one contender again. Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, etc, etc, etc, All men that have gone down to me. And you? You'll be just another one of them Undertaker. Wrestlemania is only two days away, Two days from now you'll be lying flat on your back looking up at the lights after I'm done with you. And after the match is done, I'm gonna pick you up and roll you into your own personal hearse. I'll drive you all the way to the cemetery and bury you. Undertaker, Wrestlemania 13 will not be the start of any dark days, It'll be the continuation of Scott Hall dominating everyone in the WWF. I'll see this Sunday night.

Scott Hall leaves the cemetery as we cut to the gravestone. On it, It's written "The Undertaker, ?,?,?- March 23, 1997". We then go to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

He's Calling Him Out!

We return from the commercial break with Kevin Kelly standing outside of a door which has Shawn Michaels' name on it. The door busts open and out comes Shawn Michaels.

Kevin Kelly- Shawn Michaels, You were humiliated this past Monday night at the hands of Cactus Jack and a blood bath, Tonight we understand you're gonna call him out? What do you have to say?

Shawn Michaels- Cactus Jack, Nice job. You got red pain all over me. Real intimidating. You think you're some kind of big man? Well, How about tonight you and I give all these people a preview of what they're going to see this Sunday night at Wrestlemania 13? I know you're here, Hell, You're probably watching this right now. So look at me! Get your ass down to that ring later tonight and try to make me bleed for real!

Shawn Michaels shoves Kevin Kelly aside and enters his locker room, Slamming the door.

Kevin Kelly- Shawn Michaels is definitely angry, Will he and Cactus Jack get into it tonight? What are we going to see tonight? Fans, Stay tuned! You don't wanna miss what should be a explosive confrontation between Shawn Michaels and Cactus Jack, If it does happen! We'll be right back after these commercial breaks.

Hakushi, Taka Michinoku, Scott Putski and Chavo Guerrero Vs. Sean Waltman, Steve Bradley, Brian Christopher and Sho Funaki

After the opening match and the segments with Scott Hall and Shawn Michaels, The crowd was pretty quiet here. A fast paced match up here, With all eight men showing off their stuff. Coachman and Lawler hyped Sunday night's Light Heavyweight Championship, And spoke about who the mystery entrant could be. I'm sure if Extreme Championship Wrestling hadn't hired Super Crazy or Great Sasuke, That we'd probably see one of them at Wrestlemania this Sunday night. The match came to an ending when all eight men got into it. Bradley, Chavo, Putski and Christopher were fighting on the outside, And Waltman jumped over the top rope onto all four men out on the floor! Taka Michinoku then leaped off the top rope onto Waltman on the outside, Which left Hakushi going against Funaki in the ring. Funaki delivered a tornado DDT to Hakushi and headed up top. Funaki came off the top with a leg drop, But Hakushi moved out of the way and Funaki hit the canvas. Hakushi then headed up top and delivered the senton bomb to Funaki to get the win for his team. After the match ended, All eight men got into it and brawled all the way to the back.

58, 51, 79 **

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Brian Adams and Brian Lee Vs. Ron Simmons and British Bulldog

Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman joined the announcers for this match, With Lawler doing all of the sucking up. All four men started this one off with a big brawl in the ring. The champions cleared the ring and went after Bulldog and Simmons on the outside. Benoit and Pillman spent most of the match talking about how they've been held back, And how at Wrestlemania, They'd leave as the new tag team champions.The match went back and fourth, With Bulldog and Simmons isolating Lee and using their usual tactics to keep him away from Adams. Bulldog and Simmons looked to have the match won several times, But either Adams would make the save, Or Bulldog and Simmons would taunt Benoit and Pillman. Lee was finally able to tag in Adams after hitting a double clothesline to both Bulldog and Simmons. Adams came into the ring and took out both men with clotheslines and right hands. The action picked up with both teams battling it inside the ring. Ron Simmons and Lee both took each other out to the floor with a double clothesline, Leaving Adams and Bulldog fighting in the ring. British Bulldog hit Adams with a low blow behind the referee's back, And hoisted Adams up for the Running Powerslam. Before Bulldog could finish Bulldog off, Pillman got up on the apron and pulled Adams away from Bulldog while Benoit distracted the referee. Bulldog got into a argument with Pillman, And Pillman dropped Bulldog throat first across the top rope! Adams then delivered a tilt a whirl slam to Bulldog for the victory. After the match ended, Benoit and Pillman hit the ring and attacked Adams! Lee tried to enter the ring to save Adams, But Ron Simmons delivered a spinebuster to Lee out on the floor, With the back of Lee's head smacking the steel ramp way! Simmons then pulled Bulldog out of the ring while Pillman and Benoit took apart Adams with a double DDT, And then both men came off the top with their trademark moves. Pillman with the high flying splash, And Benoit with the Diving Headbutt! Benoit and Pillman stood over Adams while Bulldog and Simmons taunted them from the top of the stage.

71, 81, 76 **1\2

The Money Mine Promise Victory

We go to the locker room of The Money Mine where we see Michael Cole standing by with The Money Mine.

Michael Cole- Dawn Marie, This Sunday night you will lead these four men into the biggest event of all time, Wrestlemania 13 to face The Party Squad and The Patriot. It looks like you guys are at a disadvantage, Jannetty and his friends have taken their act a little more seriously, And with The Patriot behind them, The Money Mine could be suffering a defeat this Sunday night. What are your comments as the members of The Money Mine get ready for Wrestlemania?

Dawn Marie- Disadvantage? Why do you think we're at an disadvantage Michael Cole? You think Jannetty and his little friends beating these men on Monday night proved anything? The only reason they were able to pick up a win was because of The Patriot interfering with our plans. Patriot, I gotta hand it to you. I thought you were atleast going to pick some partners who could actually be a threat to us. But as usual, You failed. Marty Jannetty? Koko? Hammer? You think these men are going to help you achieve victory this Sunday night? If you think we're going into Wrestlemania 13 to lose to you and your loser friends, Then you're dead wrong. These men are going to let themselves be embarrassed by you and your dead beat friends this Sunday night. They talk about how Wrestlemania is the ultimate stage, They say Wrestlemania is where men are turned into legends. Well, These men are going to be apart of history this Sunday night in Chicago. These men are all going into Wrestlemania 13 with one goal in mind. Only one goal, To win. And they're going to win. I promise the whole world that these men are going to win this Sunday night. Lets face it, We're better than the four of you will ever be. Diamond, Sid, Swinger, Droese, They're better than the four of you. They're focused. They got the intensity, The talent, And oh yeah, The money. They're going to give the four of you a beating you'll never forget. And after we leave that miserable poor town of Chicago, We'll leave you there so you can live with the rest of the scumbags that actually live in Chicago. It's kinda funny isn't it? You'll be leaving Wrestlemania as losers, And what town is more full of losers than Chicago? We'll see you this Sunday at Wrestlemania. Now, Michael Cole, You can go.

Michael Cole leaves as we go to a commercial break.

Dawn Marie gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Bret Hart Vs. Hollywood Holly with Chris Kanyon

Bret Hart and Hollywood Holly had excellent chemistry here, And this might be the best match that Hollywood has ever had in his career. Before the match started, Owen Hart came down to the ringside area and joined the announcers for commentary. Owen stared down at his brother, Distracting Bret long enough for Hollywood to jump "The Hitman" from behind. The beginning of the match was all Bret Hart out wrestling Hollywood and keeping him grounded with different kinds of submission holds. You could hear the anger in Owen's voice as he kept yelling at Hollywood to fight back. Hollywood Holly got so frustrated that he rolled to the outside and started arguing with fans at ringside, Bret went after them and they slugged it out on the floor. The "injured" Chris Kanyon attacked Hart from behind and rammed Hart into the steel ring post while Hollywood had the referee occupied. Back inside the ring, Hollywood dominated Bret Hart and kept getting several near falls on "The Hitman". Owen Hart was really enjoying seeing Bret get dominated, And talked about what he had in store for Bret this Sunday night at Wrestlemania. Chris Kanyon even got involved a few times behind the referee's back, And after each time he'd put the hurting on Bret, He'd pretend to have reactivated his knee injury. Hollywood Holly looked to have the match won after delivering the Hollywood Slam to Bret, But he decided to taunt the crowd and show off the thirty six inch pythons. This allowed Bret to mount a comeback. Bret Hart was really kicking it into high gear, Delivering his trademark moves to Hollywood one after the other, With Owen protesting from the ringside area. Bret tried to apply the Sharpshooter to Hollywood, But Kanyon got up on the apron. Bret turned his attention to Kanyon and decked Kanyon off of the apron! Hollywood then tried to Hollywood Slam Bret again, But Bret countered it into a sunset flip, And applied the Sharpshooter! Hollywood quickly tapped out! After the match ended, Kanyon came into the ring limping and tried to hit Bret from behind, But Bret saw him coming and took him down! Bret then applied the Sharpshooter to the injured Kanyon while Owen Hart watched from the announce position. After a minute or so of holding Kanyon in the Sharpshooter, Bret let it go and posed to a big ovation from the fans. Owen Hart left the announce position and headed to the back. We went to a commercial break with Owen Hart looking at the big screen, With Bret Hart staring right at him.

78, 85, 90 ***3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Shawn Michaels Calls Him Out

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the break with the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels coming down to the ring to a huge ovation from the crowd. There's no posing here, As Michaels enters the ring and grabs a microphone.

Shawn Michaels- Cactus Jack, I been waiting all night long. I know you're here, So let me make this real simple to you, Come on down here and lets settle this face to face. These fans ain't gotta wait until Wrestlemania this Sunday night to see us go at it. We're right here tonight in New York City. We're at the Garden! So get your ass down here and lets give the fans something they wanna see tonight!

Cactus Jack's music begins to play with the crowd booing. Cactus Jack makes his way out and stands on top of the stage with a microphone in hand.

Shawn Michaels- Come on! Come on down here Cactus! You and me tonight!

Cactus Jack- Look at you Shawn, Are angry like that. Why are you angry Shawn? Because of some red paint? Come on, You should be angry after what I do to you this Sunday night at Wrestlemania 13. But I'm sure you'll be very angry over that. Shawn, Don't you get it? I'm not going to fight you tonight. Fighting you is what all these fans wanna see. And I'm not about giving the fans what they want to see. I'll prove everyone that when they have to look at you bleeding. When they have to see you laying flat on your back, The blood running down your face. These fans are going to be in for a huge surprise at Wrestlemania when they see you lose Shawn Michaels. So no, Tonight they won't get to see a fight. But at Wrestlemania, They'll get to see what will appear to be a crime scene. I'll see Sunday.

Cactus Jack drops his microphone and heads to the back. We go to a commercial break with Michaels leaving the ring and heading up the stage.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Odds Are Against Shamrock!

As we return from the commercial break, We see Kevin Nash in the back, Walking towards the curtain to head into the ring. On the split screen, We then see Ken Shamrock leaving his locker room. The announcers are hyping up his match tonight in the main event with Kevin Nash. As Shamrock is walking, Goldust sneaks up behind him and nails him over the back with a lead pipe! Shamrock goes down! But that doesn't stop Goldust from hitting Shamrock over and over again in the back and ribs with the lead pipe! Goldust lays a few kicks in on Shamrock before heading off. We go to a commercial break with the announcers wondering how Shamrock will be able to wrestle a athlete like Kevin Nash in the main event after that brutal attack by Goldust.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ken Shamrock Vs. Kevin Nash

Kevin Nash stood in the ring and was smiling as we returned from the break. Nash looked like he was going to have the night off after Goldust's brutal attack on Shamrock, But then the smile faded from his face as Shamrock came walking down to the ring, Holding his ribs. As soon as Shamrock hit the ring, Nash attacked the world's most dangerous man. Nash dominated Shamrock, Hitting Shamrock in the ribs with right hands and delivering knees to Shamrock's ribs as well. Once Nash tossed Shamrock in the corner, The big man unloaded on Shamrock with right hands, Forearm shots, Knees to the gut, And the boot choke to Shamrock in the corner. Kevin Nash tossed Shamrock out to the floor and showed no mercy as he rammed Shamrock into the steel steps and steel ring post several times! But Shamrock showed signs of life as he started punching back at Nash. Shamrock tried to suplex Nash out on the floor, But Nash hammered Shamrock over the back and tossed Shamrock right into the crowd! Nash beat on Shamrock in the crowd, And even took a fans camera and took a picture of the beaten Shamrock. They went back to ringside where Nash smashed Shamrock into the announce table before rolling Shamrock back into the ring. Nash continued his assault on Shamrock, Even stopping to pose for the crowd. When Nash lifted Shamrock up and told Shamrock to go ahead and try, Nash got punched right in the face! Shamrock started mounting an offense with right hands and followed up with a spinning heel kick to Nash, Knocking Nash off of his feet! Shamrock followed up with a reverse back elbow and a DDT, All for near falls on Nash. Shamrock then went for the belly to belly suplex, But Nash hit Shamrock with a knee to the ribs and sent Shamrock for the ride. Shamrock came off the ropes right into a big boot to the face from Nash! Nash took down the straps and called for the Jackknife Powerbomb! The crowd then went crazy as the music of Commissioner Ric Flair hit the arena. Flair stood on the ramp way watching, This distracted Nash long enough for Shamrock to take him down by the legs and apply the Ankle Lock to Nash! Nash was screaming like a broad, Nash tried to get the ropes, But Shamrock pulled him to the center of the ring! Flair watched from the top of the stage with a smile as Kevin Nash quickly tapped out! The crowd went crazy as Shamrock's music hit the arena. The announcers were going crazy, Saying that Shamrock just beat Nash, By making Nash tap out after Shamrock took a beating earlier in the night! Ken Shamrock posed on the turnbuckle as Nash headed to the back, No doubt looking for revenge on Ric Flair. Ken Shamrock is victorious tonight, He made Nash tap out!

77, 90, 78 **3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- D'Lo Brown upsets Billy Gunn with the Sky High! (Monday Night Raw 3/17/97)

The Undertaker Shows Scott Hall What The Future Holds

We return from the commercial break with the WWF Champion, Scott Hall making his way down to the ring to huge heat from the crowd. The WWF Champion enters the ring and poses before grabbing the microphone.

Scott Hall- Hey yo, I know you people didn't think that I would be here tonight, But lets face it, What would a Friday night be without Scott Hall? And why wouldn't I be here in New York City? This is the place where I became the WWF Champion. I been champion for over four months now. And what a WWF Champion I've been. I have definitely been enjoying my title reign. And guess what? It ain't gonna end for a very long time. Because if you think Undertaker is taking the belt off of me Sunday night, Then you been living in this poor dump of a city for way too long. The Undertaker stands no chance in hell of walking out of Chicago with this title around his waist. I know the phenom might give me a few problems, And sure, He might get a couple good shots in on me, But that ain't gonna make a damn difference. Because I got a special plan in mind for The Undertaker this Sunday night. And a Scott Hall plan never fails does it? So, When I'm standing here in this ring on Monday night with the title still around my waist, Will you people finally realize that no one can stop me? The WWF Championship is my property and my property only. It doesn't matter who gets a shot at it, Because when it's all said and over with, Scott Hall will keep the belt. And everyone will see that at Wrestlemania 13. And don't take it too hard Undertaker, I'm sure you'll give me a tough time. But there's no shame in being second best!

Scott Hall is about to talk, But he's interrupted by the purple lights coming on followed by The Undertaker's music playing. The crowd is going crazy as The Undertaker's voice begins to fill the arena.

The Undertaker- Scott Hall, We're only two days away from Wrestlemania 13. Can you feel it? Can you feel your body tightening up? Can you feel yourself getting more and more worried about what's going to happen to you Sunday night at Wrestlemania? You talk about how you hold my fate in your hands, But the truth is, I'm the one who's holding your fate in my hand. And as you feel the wrath of my creatures of the night this Sunday at Wrestlemania 13, You will realize that nothing is bigger than me or my creatures of the night. Scott Hall, Sunday night at Wrestlemania, You will rest in peace.

The lights go back on to normal and we see that a casket is placed on top of the stage. Inside the casket, There's a mannequin dressed as Scott Hall! Scott Hall flips out inside the ring as we go off the air with the announcers hyping Sunday night's Wrestlemania.

Overall Rating- 77

TV Rating- 7.75

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Ken Shamrock

user posted image

Channel: USA Network

Time Slot: Late Evening

Date: March 22, 1997

Attendance: 9,044

Ticket Sales: $361,760

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Todd Pettengill

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Dok Hendrix and Todd Pettengill are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Hobo Jack Vs. Jeff Hardy

Pretty decent match here, But the crowd was quite dead for it. Hobo Jack attacked Jeff Hardy from behind, But the youngster kept fighting back. Jeff Hardy kept Hobo Jack down with his quick offense, But when Hardy tried a plancha on Jack out on the floor, Jack caught Hardy and rammed Jeff into the steel ring post back first. Hobo Jack worked over Hardy back in the ring with a long sleeper hold, But Hardy eventually started fighting back. Jeff Hardy looked to have knocked out Jack with a enziguri kick, But instead of going for the cover, Jeff Hardy decided to go up top. Jeff Hardy went for his Swanton Bomb, But Jack moved out of the way and Hardy got nothing but canvas! Jack then finished Hardy off with the Raildroad Blues to score the upset.

51, 43, 60 1/4*

Jeff Hardy lost overness from this match.

Hobo Jack gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Suicide Blonds Vs. The Quebecers

The announcers were hyping this as a major win for Copeland and Cage if they were somehow able to defeat the former three time WWF Tag Team Champions. Cage and Copeland started off red hot, But after their usual dirty tactics. The Quebecers were able to take control of the match and worked over Copeland with illegal tactics, And double team moves. Cage got the crowd hot, Rallying them behind Copeland, But The Quebecers were doing a great job of keeping Copeland grounded. After about six minutes of getting a nonstop beating, Copeland was able to plant both Jacques and Pierre with a double DDT and make the hot tag to Christian Cage. Cage entered the ring and started cleaning house. The Suicide Blonds dominated The Quebecers after that, And Christian Cage finished off Pierre with the Caged Fury to pull off the huge upset for he and Copeland.

77, 71, 83 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Harris Brothers Vs. Mark Henry and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart

Horrid, Horrid match up here. Henry and Neidhart didn't sell anything from the Harris' and made them look pathetic here. The match was around five minutes long with the Harris' isolating Mark Henry. But judging from Henry, You couldn't tell by the look on Henry's face though. The match ended after Neidhart came into the ring and cleaned house, He looked to have Ron Harris beat with a sidewalk slam, But Don came into the ring and dropped a elbow to the back of his head and rolled Ron on top of Neidhart to give the Harris Brothers the win.

61, 69, 45 -*

Mark Henry didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating.

Jim Neidhart didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Billy Kidman Vs. Billy Gunn with Sunny

Billy Gunn got praised for the fact that he was willing to lose to Kidman, Who'll pretty much be gone from the WWF in April, And who's nowhere near Billy Gunn's league. The crowd was hot here, As Kidman started off with quick offense, Keeping Gunn off of his feet and getting several close near falls over Billy Gunn. Sunny again ignored Gunn while he had the offense during the match. Billy Gunn looked like he was going to pick up the win after hitting a devastating powerslam to Kidman, But he noticed Sunny once again not paying attention to him, Which distracted him long enough for Kidman to sneak up behind him and roll him up for the huge upset! After the match ended, Kidman fled the ring while Sunny entered the ring and screamed at Gunn for once again blowing it. I'm sure that management was very happy with Gunn here, And he'll most likely get a huge push after this.

71, 72, 71 *3/4

Billy Kidman gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Nelson Knight Vs. "The Wildman" Marc Mero with Sable

The former 1995 King Of The Ring looks like he's going to get pushed again, Which is never a good thing when it comes to the fat man. Mero attacked Knight early on, But he couldn't take Knight off of his feet. Mero stupidly tried to slam Knight, And ended up having Knight fall on top of him. Knight then avalanched Mero three times in the corner and followed up with a belly to belly suplex. Knight then delivered the Big Splash to Mero to pick up the win. After the match ended, Sable came into the ring to check on Mero with the announcers speculating over a possible injury happening to Mero.

70, 74, 61 3/4

Marc Mero lost overness from this match.

Nelson Knight gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Ken Shamrock makes Kevin Nash tap out with the Ankle Lock! (Friday Night Mayhem 3/21/97)

Alex Wright with Joanie Laurer Vs. Ahmed Johnson

This one was just about as worse as the tag team match from earlier in the evening. Since the WWF seems to have huge plans for Wright, And add to the fact that Ahmed Johnson also made Laurer look bad by not selling anything when she was hitting him on the outside. I wouldn't doubt that Ahmed Johnson is going to get in big trouble for making Wright look bad here. Alex Wright picked up the win after he distracted the referee, Which allowed Laurer to plant Johnson with a DDT on the outside. She then rolled Johnson into the ring where Wright covered him for the win. RAW Saturday Night went off the air with Alex Wright posing over Ahmed Johnson while Laurer waved the German flag.

60, 65, 49 DUD

Alex Wright gained overness from this match.

Ahmed Johnson didn't really sell very much, which hurt the match rating.

Overall Rating- 57

TV Rating- 2.59

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 1.93

Attendance- 6,509

Ticket Sales- $260,360

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.94

Attendance- 1,507

Ticket Sales- $45,210

Notes

"Jeff Hardy and Hobo Jack didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?" -Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Jeff Hardy

"Don Harris and Ron Harris blend as a team really well, probably due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

"Billy Kidman and me don't really click. How about booking me against someone like Bart Gunn? I think our styles would really work well together." -Billy Gunn

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Nelson Knight

"Alex Wright is not ready to be moved up the card, i had to work hard just to keep our match from falling apart." -Ahmed Johnson

"Hunter Hearst Helmsley would be a great opponent for me, how about putting us together in some matches?" -Rick Martel

"Our ratings battle with Hardcore TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

Wrestlemania 13 card will be up later tonight (Y)

Edited by Baby Hewey

I have a real quick question for ya Hewey. What happened to all the prediction contest winner's wrestlers that were created from '96 and put into the development territory?

And what happened to the Lightheavyweight division push?

Edited by Baby Hewey

I have a real quick question for ya Hewey. What happened to all the prediction contest winner's wrestlers that were created from '96 and put into the development territory?

And what happened to the Lightheavyweight division push?

They're still in development, When your guy (or someone else's) is ready to be called up, I'll pm the person and ask them how they'll want the act to be, Like ring attire describtion (sp) and stuff like that. I do mention who's ready to be called up from development in my news report at the beginning of the month.

The Light Heavyweight champion will be crowned at WM in a ten men battle royal. There's been tag matches with the Light Heavyweight wrestlers on MNR/FNM/RSN along with other matches.

user posted image

Credit jason_daronlane for the awesome banner

Date: March 23, 1997

Final Card

World Wrestling Federation Championship

The Undertaker Vs. Scott Hall©

First Blood Match

Shawn Michaels Vs. Cactus Jack

No Holds Barred, Anything Goes Match

If Kevin Nash Wins, Then Ric Flair Will No Longer Be The Commissioner, And Nash Will Be The One Who Chooses The Next Commissioner

If Ric Flair Wins, Kevin Nash Is His Own Personal Servant

Special Guest Referee- Rowdy Roddy Piper

Ric Flair Vs. Kevin Nash

Submission Match

Loser Leaves The World Wrestling Federation Forever

Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Championship

Four Corners Match

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin© Vs. Al Snow Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Rick Martel

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Triple Threat Tag Team Match

Brian Adams and Brian Lee© Vs. British Bulldog and Ron Simmons Vs. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman

World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Championship

Ten Men Battle Royal

Sean Waltman Vs. Chavo Guerrero Vs. Sho Funaki Vs. Taka Michinoku Vs. Brian Christopher Vs. Billy Kidman Vs. Steve Bradley Vs. Scott Putski Vs. Hakushi Vs. ?

Ken Shamrock Vs. Goldust

The Patriot, "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty, Koko B. Party and Van "Party Time" Hammer Vs. Sycho Sid, Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Johnny Swinger and Simon Diamond

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night?

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR?

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR?

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc)

5. What's going to be the match before the main event?

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting?

7. Who is the mystery entrant in the ten men battle royal?

8. Who will be the first person eliminated in the ten men battle royal?

9. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the triple threat tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who)

10. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the four corners match? (Post who will get the pin on who)

11. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the eight men tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who)

12. Who will be the final two men in the ten men battle royal?

First Blood Match

If Kevin Nash Wins, Then Ric Flair Will No Longer Be The Commissioner, And Nash Will Be The One Who Chooses The Next Commissioner

Ric Flair Vs. Kevin Nash

Submission Match

Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart

Four Corners Match

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin© Vs. Al Snow Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Rick Martel

Brian Adams and Brian Lee© Vs. British Bulldog and Ron Simmons Vs. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman

Ten Men Battle Royal

Sean Waltman Vs. Chavo Guerrero Vs. Sho Funaki Vs. Taka Michinoku Vs. Brian Christopher Vs. Billy Kidman Vs. Steve Bradley Vs. Scott Putski Vs. Hakushi Vs. ?

Ken Shamrock Vs. Goldust

The Patriot, "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty, Koko B. Party and Van "Party Time" Hammer Vs. Sycho Sid, Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Johnny Swinger and Simon Diamond

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Shamrock Vs Goldust

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Hart Vs Hart

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Patriots team vs Sids team

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 4

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? Hart Vs Hart

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? Yes, Dean Malenko....?

7. Who is the mystery entrant in the ten men battle royal? Dean Malenko

8. Who will be the first person eliminated in the ten men battle royal? Scott Putski

9. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the triple threat tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Pillman pins Simmons

10. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the four corners match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Snow pins HHH

11. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the eight men tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Sid pins Van Hammer

12. Who will be the final two men in the ten men battle royal? Mystery Man and Waltman

I'm so wrong..

First Blood Match

Ric Flair Vs. Kevin Nash

Submission Match

Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart

Four Corners Match

Ten Men Battle Royal

Ken Shamrock Vs. Goldust

Tie Breakers

4 Man Tag

Hart vs Hart

4 Man Tag

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc)

Micheals vs. Jack

Yes, Jushin Liger

Jushin Liger

Scott Putski

9. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the triple threat tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who)

Pillman pins Adams

10. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the four corners match? (Post who will get the pin on who)

HHH pins Martel

11. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the eight men tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who)

Sid pins Hammer

Waltman and ?

Edited by paulbd

First Blood Match

Ric Flair Vs. Kevin Nash

Submission Match

Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart

Four Corners Match

Ten Men Battle Royal

Ken Shamrock Vs. Goldust

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Shamrock vs. Goldust

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Bret vs. Owen

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? 8 Man Tag

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) Two

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? HBK vs. Cactus Jack

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? No

7. Who is the mystery entrant in the ten men battle royal? Hakushi

8. Who will be the first person eliminated in the ten men battle royal? Scott Putski

9. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the triple threat tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Benoit over Bulldog

10. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the four corners match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Austin over Snow

11. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the eight men tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Sid over Koko

12. Who will be the final two men in the ten men battle royal? Guerrero and Waltman

That was a nice RSN show. Sucks to have so many crappy wrestlers, but at least a few guys got over for it. Also glad to know Billy's jobbing will have a reward at the end.

I don't think it's time for Hall to drop the gold yet.

First Blood Match

The Kliq is in command, and Jack is an unfourtunate victim.

Ric Flair Vs. Kevin Nash

If he doesn't win, he will look so weak. Also it could move Flair into an active wrestling role and give a spot open for a new (Heel?) authority figure. Here is hoping it's Todd :shifty:

Submission Match

Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart

I think we will see Blue Blazer debut soon...

Four Corners Match

Eventhough i'd say he could move into the world title scene, he needs this win for retribution after being betrayed by his partner.

Benoit/Pillman don't really need the belts and Simmons/Bulldog haven't been lighting the world on fire as far as their tag skills go.

Ten Men Battle Royal

It's either him, Waltman or the Mystery entrant. It should be pretty good no matter what and hopefully the Light Heavyweight division can survive.

Ken Shamrock Vs. Goldust

Shamrock just got a big rub, so Goldust will get one here.

Patriot finally gets the W over the Money Mine and maybe he will loosen up and party a little.

Tie Breakers

The Light Heavyweight Battle Royal.

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart

Ten Man Battle Royal

One, the IC.

Goldust vs. Ken Shamrock

I think Eddie Guerrero will debut in the Battle Royal.

Eddie Guererro.

Scott Putski

Brian Adams will pin Simmons.

Al Snow will pin HHH.

The Patriot will pin Duke

Chavo Guererro & Sean Waltman.

[World Wrestling Federation Championship

First Blood Match

Ric Flair Vs. Kevin Nash

Submission Match

Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart

Four Corners Match

Ten Men Battle Royal

Ken Shamrock Vs. Goldust

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? The Patriot, "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty, Koko B. Party and Van "Party Time" Hammer Vs. Sycho Sid, Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Johnny Swinger and Simon Diamond

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Hall vs Taker

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? 8 man tag

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 1

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? HBK vs Cactus Jack

7. Who is the mystery entrant in the ten men battle royal? Jeff Hardy?

9. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the triple threat tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Benoit pins Lee

10. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the four corners match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Steve Austin pins Martel

11. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the eight men tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Sycho Sid pins The Patriot

12. Who will be the final two men in the ten men battle royal? Sean Waltman and Taka

Edited by syck

Guest Ryan Rage

First Blood Match

Cactus Jack

Ric Flair Vs. Kevin Nash

Ric Flair

Submission Match

Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart

Bret Hart

Four Corners Match

Al Snow

Benoit and Pillman

Ten Men Battle Royal

?[b/] (The Mystrey Man will win)

Ken Shamrock Vs. Goldust

Shamrock

Sid, Duke, Swinger and Diamond[b/]

Tie Breakers

Lightheavyweight Battle Royal

Bret Hart V Owen Hart

8-Man Tag

WWF World, Intercontinental and Tag

Loser Leaves

I'll take a guess...Jushin Liger in the Battle Royal

Jushin Liger

Scott Putski

Adams taps out to Benoit

Al Snow pin Austin

Sid pins Paty Boy

Sean Waltman and '?'

Edited by Ryan Rage

First Blood Match

Ric Flair Vs. Kevin Nash

Submission Match

Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart

Four Corners Match

Ten Men Battle Royal

Ken Shamrock Vs. Goldust

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Tag Team Title Match

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Bret/Owen

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? 8 Man Tag Team Match

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 3, not counting the Light Heavyweight

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? Bret Vs Owen

7. Who is the mystery entrant in the ten men battle royal? Jushin Liger

8. Who will be the first person eliminated in the ten men battle royal? Billy Kidman

9. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the triple threat tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Benoit on Adams

10. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the four corners match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Al Snow on Hunter Hearst Helmsley

11. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the eight men tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Sycho Sid on Van Hammer

12. Who will be the final two men in the ten men battle royal? Jushin Liger and Sean Waltman

Guest ryan_the_canuck

First Blood Match

Ric Flair Vs. Kevin Nash

Submission Match

Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart

Four Corners Match

Ten Men Battle Royal

Ken Shamrock Vs. Goldust

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Party Posse vs. Money Mine

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Bret/Owen

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Party Posse/Money Mine

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 3

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? Nash/Flair

7. Who is the mystery entrant in the ten men battle royal? Jushin Liger

8. Who will be the first person eliminated in the ten men battle royal? Funaki

9. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the triple threat tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Benoit on Simmons

10. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the four corners match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Al Snow on Hunter Hearst Helmsley

11. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the eight men tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Duke Droese on Koko B. Ware

12. Who will be the final two men in the ten men battle royal? ? and Sean Waltman

First Blood Match

Ric Flair Vs. Kevin Nash

Submission Match

Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart

Four Corners Match

Ten Men Battle Royal

Ken Shamrock Vs. Goldust

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Lightheavyweight Title Battle Royal

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Shamrock & Goldust

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 2

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? Nash vs. Flair

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? No clue

7. Who is the mystery entrant in the ten men battle royal? Shadow :)

8. Who will be the first person eliminated in the ten men battle royal? Billy Kidman

9. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the triple threat tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Benoit on Lee

10. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the four corners match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Snow pins Austin

11. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the eight men tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Sid pins Jannetty

12. Who will be the final two men in the ten men battle royal? The Mystery Guy and Chavo

So glad its back Hewey. Here goes......

First Blood Match

Ric Flair Vs. Kevin Nash

Submission Match

Bret Hart Vs. Owen Hart

Four Corners Match

Ten Men Battle Royal

Ken Shamrock Vs. Goldust

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? 8 man tag

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Lightheavyweight Battle Royal

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 1

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? Bret Hart v Owen Hart

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? Nobody

7. Who is the mystery entrant in the ten men battle royal? ???

9. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the triple threat tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Adama on Simmons

10. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the four corners match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Austin pins Martel

11. Who will be involved in the deciding fall during the eight men tag team match? (Post who will get the pin on who) Patriot on Sid

12. Who will be the final two men in the ten men battle royal? The Mystery Guy and Chavo Guerrero