World Wrestling Federation 1996

Hewey

Another pretty decent RSN, as it's always good to see the talent that rarely makes it to the A-Shows. Plus this usually is the program were we get the hot lightheavy action. Too bad Moore & Helms didn't get signed to written deals as they were always able to pull out really good match ratings. I'm thinking a Bradshaw push could be really good since your roster has a lot big hosses. Maybe he can turn heel after having a program with Droese? Though truth be told, WWF has lot of big guys as heels right now so it might be beneficial to keep Bradshaw as a face for a little bit so he could have programs with guys like Sid or Nash. Did we actually see some storyline development on RSN? I'm wondering if anything will ever come of the Kama and Funk brawling during the tag match, hopefully. It's always nice to think the show you've watched has some impact on stroylines so it would be good even if it's just Funk v. Kama next week on RSN. It was also interesting to see Davdison not admonish Michaels during his match with Diamond and I'm now wondering if WWF isn't foreshadowing a Michael's heel turn too much and may end up being a red herring like the time it was hinted Lex Luger was going with Ted Dibiase but it was actually Tatanka. I sense it could end up being Bret Hart but I'd rather Michaels (I've stated my case for that before). One more thought, did David Flair leave because he was unhappy or did you fire him? Wouldn't firing Flair have caused Ric to lose morale? I can't believe that WWF actually released Steve Lombardi since I thought he would have had a job for life. Back to RSN, it was a decent show that showcased some solid up and coming talent plus it was good to see tads of storylines seeping in. One more thing, hopefully EWR likes this gimmick change for Killings because I'd hate to see such a talent get hurt by constant reinventing each week.

As for Raw, I'm thinking Austin will pin 'Taker in the six man tag. He needs to look strong going into the title match. A pin over the 'Taker would be huge since it's rarely done. I look forward to the show since it should be a good one considering it's the pre-KOTR Raw.

Guest Crossface

A decent RSN.I'm not expecting a full light-heavyweight divison put, but Chavo cant be in RSN every night.He should get some matches on Raw, and even a low profile fued.I like Bradshaw getting a push, but like Chavo-a low profile feud and some matches on Raw can help before a heel turn and a feud with someone like Al Snow.That's it.YOU GOTTA DO SOMETHING ABOUT BORN IN THE USA.

I liked the Hart-Michaels segment, and i wonder how much long they will be in that no-physical-damage phase.

IPB Image

Credit Kempay for the logo

Channel: USA Network

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: June 16, 1997

Attendance: 7,527

Ticket Sales: $301,080

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Vince McMahon

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Monday Night Raw comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Dok Hendrix and Vince McMahon are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Championship

Chavo Guerrero© Vs. Johnny Swinger with Dawn Marie

Excellent opening match up here. Swinger, In one of his few singles matches, Came close to winning the coveted Light Heavyweight Championship on several occasions. It seems like the WWF might branch out Diamond and Swinger into singles competition, With Swinger heading into the Light Heavyweight division. Swinger started off by grabbing the title away from Chavo and posing with it, But Swinger's cockiness allowed Chavo to jump at him and toss him out to the floor. Both men traded near falls and counters early on, With Swinger getting the upperhand on Chavo. Swinger, At one point, Tossed Chavo out to the floor and followed up with a dive over the ropes. Dawn Marie got involved behind the referee's back, Kicking Chavo in the stomach a few times while he was down on the outside. Swinger came close to putting away Chavo, With Chavo shocking the answers when he kicked out of a middle rope Swing Thing. Swinger showed signs of frustrations as he couldn't put away the champion. Swinger took Chavo down with a sitout powerbomb and went up top. Swinger attempted a elbow drop off the top, But Chavo moved out of the way. Chavo made the comeback, Picking up near falls over Swinger. Chavo took down Swinger with a tornado DDT, But instead of going for the cover, Chavo lifted Swinger up and went for the Brainbuster, Swinger countered and quickly attempted the Swing Thing, But Chavo countered by nailing Swinger with a elbow to the face. Chavo followed up by planting Swinger with a big time brainbuster. Chavo went up top, But Dawn Marie got up on the apron. Dawn Marie distracted Chavo long enough for Swinger to get up and shake the ropes, Causing Chavo to lose his balance. Swinger up top with Chavo and positioned Chavo for a samoan drop, But Chavo countered and did a sunset flip/powerbomb to Swinger right off the top for the victory!

Chavo Guerrero didn't get to celebrate for too long, As Brian Christopher came rushing down from the back. Chavo turned around and Christopher drilled him with a super kick, Knocking Chavo out! Christopher then dragged Chavo to the center of the ring and went up top. Christopher taunted the crowd before leaping off the top with the Tennessee Jam to Chavo! Christopher grabbed the Light Heavyweight Championship and posed with it, Taunting Chavo. Christopher said he was taking the title this Sunday night.

76, 61, 91 ***1\2

The WWF Light Heavyweight title has gained in image.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

His goal is set, To become the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion. Who is the man behind the mask?

New Champion?

Monday Night Raw returns from the break with Commissioner Rick Rude and William Regal making their way down to the ring. The crowd boos both men on as they enter the ring. Regal looks on at the crowd, Disgusted at the fans. Regal's handed a microphone.

William Regal- Words cannot describe how depressing it is to be in a dump like Princeton, New Jersey. I mean, It's just not humanly possible to begin describing the way you people make me feel. I feel like I just got stupider being in your presence. So thank you, I think you just made me dumber like your typical New Jersey residents. Now then, With the King Of The Ring being six days away, I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the big Hart versus Michaels showdown, But there's something you people are ignoring. And that's the fact that we will have a new World Wrestling Federation Champion crowned this Sunday night. Everyone ignores the fact that "Stone Cold" Steve Austin will destroy The Undertaker and walk out of the King Of The Ring with the WWF Championship. Undertaker, Your happy little title reign will come to an end sunshine. Steve Austin will be a bloody barbarian when he steps into the ring with you. He'll wipe your face all over the bloody canvas. Steve Austin is the most psychotic man to ever step into a WWF ring, And he'll make you feel like you just got hacked up with a bloody hatchet. And now, Give the Commissioner the same respect you would give to me.

Regal hands the microphone over to Rude, But the crowd just boos him on.

Rick Rude- Undertaker, You tried to go up against my Administration, But you failed. Do you think you can one up the Commissioner? Sure, You might get by me a few lucky times, But do you know what you're in for this Sunday night? You have to face the most psychotic man in the history of the WWF. You have to step into the ring with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. And let me tell you something, You do not stand a chance of defeating Austin. And in tonight's main event, I guarantee each one of you fans in this arena, That Steve Austin will pin The Undertaker. Steve Austin will defeat the beloved Undertaker and become the new World Wrestling Federation Champion. Steve Austin is going to do something no one else could do, And that is beat The Undertaker in a straight up match. Steve Austin will leave the King Of The Ring with the WWF Championship around his waist. Steve Austin is the man who will save the World Wrestling Federation. He's going to do what no one else in the Administration could do. He's bringing the title back to us. He's going to represent the World Wrestling Federation as a proud champion. And now, Give a warm reaction for the man who's going to become the new WWF Champion, Ladies and gentlemen, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin!

Steve Austin's music plays and out comes the number one contender, Receiving boos from the crowd. Austin enters the ring and poses on the turnbuckles. Austin shakes hands with Rude and Regal. Rude prepares to speak again as the fans chant "Undertaker".

Rick Rude- Steve, As a supporter of authority, As a man who respects the Commissioner, I must say, I look forward to seeing you rip out the heart of The Undertaker this Sunday night. The King Of The Ring will be all about you Stone Cold. You've been through hell to get this far, And I know you won't let me down like others have. And after you win the WWF Championship this Sunday night, I will personally award you with the WWF Championship. Steve, As the days to the King Of The Ring near, What do you have to say?

Steve Austin- First of all, I want to comment on what a great job you and William Regal have done running the WWF. It's the best it's ever been. And I know with Steve Austin on top as the WWF Champion, Things will only get better. Undertaker, I don't know who you think you are. Last week you could have done things the easy way. Instead, You did things the hard way. You had to choke slam me. I almost got crippled due to that choke slam. But being the tough guy I am, I sucked it up. Last Friday night I had you right where I wanted you, But that fat piece of trash Vader had to get in my way. I'll deal with Vader later tonight. As for you, Undertaker, I have promised the Commissioner that I'm pinning your shoulders down to the canvas. It's gonna happen. I'm going to pin you right here tonight. That will be your King Of The Ring preview. And this Sunday night, I'm gonna kick you right in the gut, Bam! Hit ya with the Stunner and pin your dead ass one, two, three. And after Steve Austin wins at the King Of The Ring, I'm gonna come out here next Monday night, Be awarded the WWF Championship in front of some mealy mouthed pieces of trash, And you will look at the only man who could look into the eyes of the demon and put him down. Undertaker, You talked about sending me straight to hell, Well, I can go to hell and come right back up! That WWF Championship belongs to me. I don't think you know what you're in for. The name of the game is pain. You can dish it out, But can you take it? You can bring your creatures of the night, You can bring the urn, You can bring Paul Bearer, But that won't make a damn difference to me. Steve Austin's time is now. I guarantee victory at King Of The Ring. I will fight, And fight, And fight. Until there is no more Undertaker to take care of. You will be no more, Forever after I'm done with you. And you people will have to respect me. You.............

Austin is silenced up by the sounds of bells tolling. Austin looks at Rude and Regal, Who have no idea what's going on. The bells continue to toll. The lights in the arena go off. The lights then come back and a casket is set at ringside. Austin, Being the tough guy that he is, Tries to get Rude to go out there. But Rude tells Regal to go check it out. Regal, Very slowly, And looking as scared as ever, Goes outside. Regal slowly opens up the casket, But there's nothing there. Austin and Rude start laughing, But then, The lights go off once again! The music of The Undertaker hits the arena to a huge ovation from the fans. We hear the voice of the phenom.

The Undertaker- Steve Austin, Being the supporter of authority that you are, You should know that there is one elite force in the World Wrestling Federation. Someone everyone has to answer to when the times come. And that man is me. And at King Of The Ring, Your mouth is going to have to cash all the checks your mouth has been writing. You are nothing more than talk. And Steve Austin, Talk is cheap. This Sunday night, You're going to be in my battle field. You're going to be trying to take away the WWF Championship from the creatures of the night. And like everyone before you, You will fall. And when the night is over with, Steve Austin, You will be going straight to hell where you belong. You claim to be the man who will defeat me? Try your hardest. But everyone of my creatures of the night know that you're only six days away from meeting your destiny. And Steve Austin, Your destiny will be inside that casket.

When the lights come back on, Regal is shown down on the ground, Bleeding! On top of the stage, There's a casket. A bolt of lightning hits the casket opening it to reveal a huge portrait of Steve Austin, And it's burning! Austin looks on, Scared while Rude checks on Regal. On the big screen, The words "Hell awaits you" come on. The arena then turns into a eery red glow as we go to a commercial break.

Steve Austin lost overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Mr. Yokozuna and Kevin Nash Vs. Sean Waltman and Scott Hall

Hot crowd for this big match up. It wasn't too bad either. Waltman was still showing signs of not being one hundred percent, As he held his ribs and back. He was an easy target here. Nash and Mr. Yokozuna jumped Hall and Waltman early on and isolated the young Waltman. The fans got behind Waltman here as he took a long beating at the hands of Nash and Yokozuna. Nash grabbed Waltman and chucked Waltman halfway across the ring several times while Mr. Yokozuna pounded on Waltman's ribs. Kevin Nash tried to go for the Jackknife early on, But Waltman slipped out of it, Only to get nailed by a huge lariat from the genetic wonder. Mr. Yokozuna destroyed Waltman with a big samoan drop, But Hall was able to make the save. After Waltman took a long pounding at the hands of Nash and Mr. Yokozuna, He was able to tag in Hall after nailing Nash with a spinning heel kick. Hall entered the ring and started cleaning house. Nash and Yokozuna tasted Hall's right hands, With Hall sending Nash out to the floor with a clothesline. Waltman tagged himself back in while Nash and Scott Hall battled on the outside. Waltman took down Mr. Yokozuna with a spinning back heel kick and headed up top. Mr. Yokozuna slowly stood up and Waltman attempted a moonsault, But got caught in the air! Yokozuna then slammed Waltman down! Mr. Yokozuna followed up by delivering a big leg drop to Waltman. Mr. Yokozuna covered, Hall tried to make the save, But Nash rammed him into the steel ring post, Allowing Yokozuna to score the win over Waltman.

Nash entered the ring and he and Mr. Yokozuna celebrated their big win. Scott Hall entered the ring and tackled down Nash! Mr. Yokozuna grabbed Hall, But tasted a right hand. Hall punched away at Mr. Yokozuna, Trying to take him down, But Nash kneed Hall right across the ribs. Nash and Mr. Yokozuna started pounding away on Scott Hall, Until Jacobs' music hit the arena. Jacobs came down to the ring lead by Bob Backlund. Jacobs entered the ring, And Yokozuna shoved Nash right into Jacobs! Jacobs grabbed Nash by the throat and choke slammed Nash! Yokozuna tried to sneak attack Jacobs, But nothing he did had any affect on Jacobs, Who slammed Yokozuna down! Yokozuna then stood up and got choke slammed! Next up, Scott Hall! Hall slowly stood up and felt a choke slam from his troubles! The beaten and battered Waltman got up and with one hand, Jacobs choke slammed Waltman! Jacobs then pulled Waltman up and delivered the Powerbomb To Hell to Waltman! Backlund laughed like a maniac as his monster Jacobs stood over the fallen bodies. McMahon questioned if anyone would be able to stop Jacobs.

83, 87, 76 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Shawn Michaels

Monday Night Raw returns from the break with the music of the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels hitting the arena to a huge ovation from the fans. Michaels comes down from the back in a suit and tie as the announcers hype the Michaels/Hart showdown this Sunday night. Michaels enters the ring and poses as the usual pyro goes off. Once in the ring, Michaels is handed a microphone. The fans chant "HBK" time and time again as HBK gets ready to speak.

Shawn Michaels- The King Of The Ring is this Sunday night. Just six days from now I'll be stepping into the ring with Bret "The Hitman" Hart. It's do or die this Sunday night. One man will put up or shut up this Sunday night. And the big question is, Which man will walk away of the King Of The Ring with the win? Will Shawn Michaels super kick "The Hitman" and come away with the win? Or will Bret Hart be able to do what he couldn't do last March, And beat Shawn Michaels? It's all those questions that make this match something huge. And to all the Bret Hart fans that are here, Don't be disappointed when Shawn Michaels pins Bret's shoulders down to the mat one, two, three. Don't be crying when Bret Hart goes down to Shawn Michaels. Because I already told everyone it's gonna happen. See, Bret likes to talk, And talk, And talk. Bret seems to thing I'm working alongside the Commissioner. Bret thinks Shawn Michaels is selling out. But that's not the case. I don't need anyone backing me up except for the Kliq. And I know my Kliq will be cheering me on this Sunday night. And if they don't, That's too damn bad. Bret, You're going to be stepping into the ring with the best performer the WWF has. Shawn Michaels is on top of his game. And just like one year ago, That spells trouble for you. I defeated you at Wrestlemania and took the WWF Championship away from you. The only thing there's left for me to do is take your pride. How will you explain to everyone losing a second time? How will you tell your fans that you couldn't beat me? What will happen when you go back to Canada? Bret Hart likes to talk about how much of a hero he is to all you fans, But don't be fooled, Bret doesn't give a damn about you fans. He only cares about himself. And that's all he'll care about when he's inside the ring with me this Sunday night. Bret Hart wants this win as much as I do. He wants to prove that he's still got it, But he doesn't. Bret Hart isn't on top of his game anymore. Just like the past icons in the WWF, Hogan, Savage, Warrior, And every other man, Bret Hart has lost it. He's lost it and there's someone who took the spotlight from him. And that man was me. From the moment I beat him at Wrestlemania, Bret Hart has been a jealous man. Bret Hart can't accept the fact that I beat him and took his title. And from the time I won the title until the time I lost the title, I was unbeatable. I made the WWF tons of money last year, I defeated everyone in my way, I did everything Bret couldn't do. And that eats Bret up inside. He never had the attention I had when he held the WWF Championship. Bret Hart will do everything it takes to defeat me this Sunday night, But I'm always one step ahead of him. Bret Hart's most miserable defeat will come at the King Of The Ring. It'll be a sad day when this "legend" has to face reality. His time has passed, He's old news. Shawn Michaels is the future of the World Wrestling Federation. There's no one else like me. And whether you like it or not, You know that's the truth. And Bret Hart will realize that when he goes down one, two, three. People, You can look for a hero all you want, Some choose me, Some choose Bret, But after Sunday night, The fans that chose Bret will wish they had the brains to choose me. Bret, You're a bitter man. And I won't be fooled, I know how dangerous you can be. But I'll be ready for anything this Sunday night. And in the end, Shawn Michaels is going to take you down. Bret Hart's most memorable moment in WWF history will come this Sunday night when I defeat him. And to those who don't believe me, Well, Get ready to be proven wrong this Sunday night. You fans will all know that I am the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be as he likes to say. And you know that there's only one icon in the WWF, And that's me.

Michaels drops his microphone down as his music plays. Michaels heads to the back as a graphic for his match with Bret Hart is shown on the screen. It's this Sunday night, Only on Pay Per View!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

His goal is set, To become the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion. Who is the man behind the mask?

Rick Martel Vs. Rocky Maivia

Both these men are entered in Sunday's battle royal. Rick Martel started off out wrestling Maivia and taunting the young rookie, Only to get punched in the face. Maivia held his own with the veteran, Taking down Martel with a few holds and out wrestling Martel on the canvas. Instead of being frustrated, Martel clapped at Maivia's efforts. Both men fought back and fourth, With Maivia tossing Martel out to the floor. They brawled out on the floor where Martel send Maivia into the steel steps. Martel rolled Maivia back into the ring and worked over Maivia's legs and back. Martel tried to go for the Quebec Crab a few times, But Maivia would always counter out of it. Maivia made the comeback after catching Martel with a big belly to belly suplex. Maivia was on top of his game, Taking down Martel with a few drop kicks and hip tosses. Maivia planted Martel with a big wrap around DDT, Getting himself a big near fall over Martel. Rocky Maivia send Martel out to the floor with a clothesline. Maivia went out after Martel, But got thrown into the steel guardrail. Martel rolled Rocky into the ring and grabbed a steel chair. Martel entered the ring with the chair in hand. But before he could nail Rocky with it, Ken Shamrock came running down to the ring! Shamrock entered the ring and kicked the chair right into Martel's face! The referee called for the bell and awarded the match to Martel as a result of a disqualification.

Shamrock grabbed the chair and went to hit Martel with it, But Martel ducked and Shamrock nailed Rocky over the back with the chair! Martel quickly fled the ring to avoid a beating. Martel mocked Shamrock while Shamrock went to check on Maivia. As Shamrock helped Maivia up to his feet, Maivia nailed Shamrock with the TGS! Rocky stood up, Looking angry and stared down Martel. Martel headed to the back with a sly smile on his face.

80, 84, 73 **1/4

Rick Martel debuted his new gimmick. (Egomaniac)

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Who Will Be The King?

Todd Pettengill is in the ring as we return from the break. The fans boo the Todd as he gets ready to speak.

Todd Pettengill- Wazzuuuuup! Give Todd some noise! Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah! Shuuuuuuduuuuup! Don't be a player hater and boo Todd. Todd's up in here for Monday Night Raw! I know you fans are used to McMahon and Hendrix, But they suck! That's why the Toddmeister was sent out here. Cause Todd knows what it's all about! Shuuuuuuduuuuup McMahon! Don't make Todd slap that cheap wig off your head! Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah! And Hendrix, You know you jealous of all of this. The only breast you get your hands on is in a KFC box! And we got the King Of The Ring this Sunday night! Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah! And Todd's out here to interview all four men who are heading into the Semi Finals this Sunday night! We got four men who could all be crowned the King Of The Ring. And right now, Give some noise for Duke Droese! Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah!

Duke Droese makes his way on down to the ring holding a briefcase. Droese enters the ring and shakes hands with Todd. The fans boo Droese and Todd on.

Todd Pettengill- Shuuuuuuduuuuup! Don't make me kick all your asses! Todd knows karate b****! And now, Here's that partying fool, Marty Jannetty.

Marty Jannetty comes on down to the ring, Receiving a great pop from the crowd. Jannetty enters the ring and dances at Todd and Droese.

Todd Pettengill- You better calm down before Todd nails you with a judo chop! Todd grew up in the tough streets of Beverly Hills, Todd knows a little something about violence. And now, Welcome the greatest Hollywood star of all time, The man who's getting Todd a role in his next movie, Hollywood Holly.

Hollywood Holly's music begins to play and out comes Hollywood Holly. Hollywood makes his way down to the ring while Droese and Jannetty look on. Hollywood enters the ring and shakes hands with Todd.

Todd Pettengill- There's a true movie star. And now, For Todd's dawg, D'Lo Brown!

D'Lo Brown gets a big ovation as he walks down the entrance way. D'Lo enters the ring and poses while the other four men look on. All four men stand off with Todd in the middle. They start trading insults.

Todd Pettengill- Shuuuuuuduuuuup! All of you playas know the rules. Todd asks you the question, You answer it! That's right! Todd's the man in charge. And if you don't obey, Then I'm telling the Commissioner. Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah! The question is simple, Why do you think you're going to be the King Of The Ring? And the first man to answer it is Hollywood.

Hollywood Holly- Why? It's simple Todd. I got something all these kids lack. And that is talent. Not only I am a talented actor, But I am the biggest action hero of all time. And Todd, I am going to win the King Of The Ring this Sunday night. It's as simple as that. I'm beating Jannetty in the Semi Finals, And then I'm beating Droese or D'Lo. I got the largest arms in the world. I got the power. And along with my manager Chris Kanyon, I'm unbeatable. I will be the 1997 King Of The Ring winner. And whatcha gonna do when you're on your knees begging Hollywood for mercy? The safe bet is on Hollywood. I'm gonna win the King Of The Ring tournament and prove to everyone that I am the very best in the WWF. And with that crown over my head, I'll become the next World Wrestling Federation Champion.

Todd Pettengill- First of all, To all these biscuit eating playa haters, Shuuuuuuduuuuup! Todd is serious, I don't wanna bust out a can of Todd dough on all of ya! Now, "Party Boy", Why do you feel you're gonna win this year's tournament?

Marty Jannetty- Todd, Everyone thinks that old Marty just likes to party. And while that's true, There's nothing I want more than to win the King Of The Ring. Think of the party I can hold if I were to win the King Of The Ring. But seriously, Everyone is thinking that Marty Jannetty is just gonna go there and start dancing. But I want that crown. And if I have to get serious for two matches, I'll do it. But afterwards, Man, I'll party like it's 1987! Wooooooo!

Jannetty starts dancing around, Getting pops from the crowd. Jannetty dances at Todd, Droese, Hollywood and D'Lo.

Todd Pettengill- Calm down! Money maker, Playa, Why do you feel you're gonna win the King Of The Ring?

Duke Droese- Todd, Unlike the wanna be movie star, And the party boy over there, I have something both lack, Brains. Look at how far I've advanced in the tournament. I got referee Monty Davidson backing me up. My money has brought me right into the Semi Finals. And if you think that's gonna end, Then you're wrong my friend. If you think this fool is beating me, Then he's got another thing coming. If you think Hollywood or the party boy can beat me, Wait until Sunday night. Duke Droese is on top of his game. And once I become the King Of The Ring, The WWF will be my palace. D'Lo, Your ass is gonna be in for a world of hurt when I face you this Sunday night. The Commissioner has given me alot of money to take you out.

Todd Pettengill- Ouch! D'Lo, Playa, Dawg, I wouldn't wanna be you this Sunday night. The Commissioner just has it out for ya! How in the world can you even get past the Semi Finals? Or better yet, How will you win in the finals with the odds against you? Todd's got know.

D'Lo Brown- The Commissioner and his administration might hate me. And sure, Duke Droese has bought his way into the Semi Finals. But each one of these men lack the heart and passion that I have. This year's tournament is mine. I don't care what odds are stacked against me. I'll come out on top. Dish out everything you want, Bring on Monty Davidson, Bring on the whole Money Mine, It won't matter. D'Lo Brown is walking through everyone to become the King Of The Ring. Becoming the King Of The Ring is my destiny. And I plan on achieving it this Sunday night.

D'Lo, Jannetty, Droese and Hollywood all get into a stare down.

Todd Pettengill- Playas, I don't know about you, But Todd's having a hard time figuring out who's gonna win this year's field! The Todd thanks all of you for acting like gentlemen, But we gotta go to a break! Shuuuuuuduuuuup!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

One Winner

Al Snow makes his way to the ring as we return from the break. Snow's carrying the WWF Intercontinental Championship over his shoulder. Snow enters the ring and poses with the title before being handed a microphone.

Al Snow- I was looking forward to being in the King Of The Ring this Sunday night. I was looking forward to participating in the tournament, But thanks to Hollywood, I'm out of it. I'll get my revenge on Hollywood real soon. But I am entered in Sunday's twenty men over the top rope battle royal. And the winner of the match will become the number one contender for the WWF Championship. I've won the Tag Team, Intercontinental titles, But there's one title I'd love to hold. And if I gotta go through nineteen men, Then that's what I'll do. And I'll go through each and everyone of them. The WWF Championship is the most prestigious championship in all of wrestling, And that's something I want to hold. And after this Sunday night, I'll be one step closer to achieving my goal. And for the winner of Undertaker and Austin, I got no favorites. And as much as I would love to defeat Austin and get another one of his titles, I'd love to wrestle the phenom even more. And I know that's something each and everyone of you fans would like to see. I.............

Hunter Hearst Helmsley's music begins to play, Interrupting Al Snow. Al Snow doesn't look pleased as Hunter Hearst Helmsley walks down the entrance way alongside Goldust, Who's wearing a T-Shirt that says "Hunter Hearst Helmsley is my best friend." They enter the ring and stare down Snow.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Look at what we go here.

Goldust- Yeah! Look at what we got here!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- We got ourselves a fool. A little fool.

Goldust- Yeah! A little fool! I pity this fool!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- I shouldn't even bother wasting my time with this piece of trash.

Goldust- Yeah! But you are! Cause Hunter's the man!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- Okay, Calm down. See, Mr. Snow, You seem to forget that I'm entered in this battle royal. And well, I got Goldust backing me up. He's my posse. He will have my back when I win this Sunday's battle royal. And you see, You are nowhere near my league. You might have that title over your shoulder, But remember who put you out last February. It was me. I left you laid out like a dog. And Mr. Snow, If I have too, I'll get Goldust to toss you right over the top rope. We are gonna be a machine this Sunday night. And pal, You're going to get run right over. Two are better than one, And with Goldust backing me up, I'm heading straight into In Your House next month to become the WWF Champion. You have no one backing you up, But I do. If I was you, I wouldn't even try. It's just a waste of time. The winner is already set.

Al Snow- I know you got your little lover backing you up, And if he's stupid enough to believe you're his friend, Then that's his problem. I would think Goldust would be a little smarter and realize that he's being used by you, But in the end, I just pity you Goldust.

Goldust- What are you saying?

Al Snow- I'm saying he's not your friend. He's just using you. And when he gets tired of you, He'll ditch you.

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- He's just trying to stir it up! Don't believe him! We are friends! Best friends! We even have that best friends ring you made us get! He's just jealous!

Al Snow- Please, He's just using you for his own personal gain!

Goldust- How dare you insult a friendship as beautiful as Hunter's and myself? Stop being ignorant Mr. Snow. We're friends! Best friends! Don't you ever insult our friendship again! Or I will have to deal with you myself!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley- That's right Goldust. I'm insulted by Snow's comments. He's just angry because his best friend turned his back on him. But I wouldn't do that to you. Because I care. I'm a caring man. Goldust, We're friends. And nothing will ever change that.

Goldust- Yeah! Al Snow, If I ever hear you talking trash about my friendship with a generous man like Hunter Hearst Helmsley ever again, I will have no choice but to know you into next week. Got that?

Al Snow and Goldust stare each other down. Helmsley holds Goldust back, With a sly smile on his face. Before a fight can break out, Alex Wright's music begins to play. The crowd boos as the WWF European Champion stands on top of the stage with his title over his shoulder.

Alex Wright- There's nothing I enjoy seeing more than American men fighting with each other. Just like animals, You can not get along. And you people wonder why I hate this country. We got the paper champion, Who knows his title doesn't mean a thing when it's compared to my title, We got the rich snob, Who's as self involved as I've ever seen, And then there's the, Well, There's Goldust. I don't even know how to explain a freak like you. You and your people just make me sick to my stomach. See, As much as I hate Mr. Snow, I agree with him, Helmsley is just using you. And I can't wait to see him ditch and turn on you. Because it's in his nature. After all, He is a American. It's not unusual. And just so you three know, I'm entered in this Sunday's twenty men battle royal. And as the WWF European Champion, And the only German in the WWF, I guarantee victory this Sunday night. I will be the number one contender for the WWF Championship. Goldust, Helmsley, Snow, And everyone else, Bring it all you got. I am a German, And I'll take care of all you. After years of being held back, Alex Wright is gonna overcome everything thrown at him and walk out with the number one contenders spot. And after I am done winning the battle royal, And I go on to become the WWF Champion, All of you will fall to your knees and praise me!

Alex Wright poses with his title before heading to the back. Goldust and Helmsley leave the ring, With Goldust making sure he bumps into Snow on the way out.

Alex Wright gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman Vs. Suicide Blonds

The Godwinns came out to do commentary. McMahon was really excited. Great match up here. It's rumored that the Suicide Blonds will start getting pushed, Since they're the only face team with any talent and charisma. Benoit and Pillman tried jumping the young tag team from behind, But the Suicide Blonds showed no fear. Copeland and Cage went toe to toe with the former champions and tossed them right out to the floor. The Suicide Blonds then dove off the ropes onto both Pillman and Benoit on the outside. The young men showed intensity here as they were almost as aggressive as Benoit and Pillman. The Suicide Blonds tried to finish Benoit off early with a rockerplex inside the ring, But Pillman made the save. The match was competitive, With the former champions having to cheat to be able to stop the Suicide Blonds' momentum. Benoit and Pillman double teamed Christian Cage and worked over him while McMahon chatted with the champs. Benoit and Pillman ended up going for a stackplex to Cage, But Cage countered and came off the top with a cross body to Benoit. Cage made the hot tag to Copeland, Who entered the ring and started to clean house. Copeland took down Benoit and Pillman with spears, Gaining near falls. The Suicide Blonds looked like they were going to pull off the upset, Cage threw Pillman out to the floor and came off the middle ropes with a dive to Pillman. Inside the ring, Copeland put Benoit up on his shoulder and went for a electric chair drop, But Benoit countered out of it and took Copeland down. Benoit quickly applied the Crippler Crossface to Copeland. Copeland tried making it to the ropes, But he had nowhere to go and tapped out!

After the match ended, Benoit went out to the floor and taunted The Godwinns. The Godwinns started trash talking Benoit and didn't notice Pillman jumping them from behind! Pillman nailed both Henry and Phineous with a chair shot! Benoit then started kicking the hell out of Henry while Pillman worked over Phineous with the chair. Benoit and Pillman had psychotic smiles on their faces while McMahon went crazy, Asking for medics.

83, 78, 88 ***1\2

Finding Her Own Man

We go backstage where we see Kevin Kelly standing by with Sunny.

Kevin Kelly- Sunny, You asked for this time. What do you have to say? Does it regard your new client?

Sunny- Yes, It does. I been looking for a new man to manage for weeks now. And sadly, None of these WWF Superstars fit the bill. That's why I've found my own man. And he's coming soon. This man has the body, Brains and talent backing him up. And most importantly, He'll have Sunny backing him up. And Kevin Kelly, This man will rise to the top of the WWF. He's going to take the WWF by storm. This man will show all of these WWF boys what real talent is all about. He'll change the face of the WWF forever. And.........

Sunny is cut short as Billy Gunn appears on the set.

Sunny- Billy, Nice to see you.

Billy Gunn- Yeah, I'm sure it's nice to see me, Jezebel.

Sunny- Excuse me? I know you're not out here taking my time and insulting me. We agreed to end things. Lets leave it at that. I mean, After all, A "genius" like you doesn't need Sunny backing him up. I mean, If you're so smart, You'll rise to the top of the WWF all by yourself. But then again, Where did this new found attitude come from? Because last time I hung out with you, You couldn't even read the instructions on how to set up a computer desk. You're some genius, Aren't you?

Billy Gunn grabs Sunny by the throat and holds her against the wall of the set. Kelly tries to help, But gets shoved aside. Gunn looks at Sunny with a crazed look in his eyes.

Billy Gunn- Don't you ever mock me again. Got that? Next time you do, I won't be held responsible for what happens to you. And tell your new guy, He's more than welcome to face me. I'll do to him what I should have done with you.

Gunn drops Sunny down on her butt and looks at her one more time with the crazed look in his eyes. Gunn walks off while Kevin Kelly helps Sunny up.

Interview with Bret Hart

We cut to the announce position where the announcers talk about Sunday's showdown between Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. McMahon says we're about to get Bret Hart's thoughts on the match.

We go "live" to Bret Hart's home in Calgary. "The Hitman" is sitting down on a leather couch. McMahon asks Hart if he can hear us and Hart says yes.

Bret Hart- You know, I heard the comments made by Shawn Michaels earlier tonight. And I heard everything he had to say. Shawn Michaels, Do you think I'm a desperate man? You're the one working with the Commissioner. First, There was the ruling that I could get suspended if I touched you. Then, You stay in the back when I call you out. And last week, You were going to leave me against two men. It's all those acts that make you a desperate man. You know in your heart you cannot beat me this Sunday night. Forget about Wrestlemania. Forget the night when you took my title. That was over a year ago. This is now. And the fact of the matter is, You stand no chance of beating me. The only thing you can do is run your mouth off like you always do. I guess that's the only thing you're good at. And you say my time is up, My time isn't up. Bret Hart still has plenty of time left in the WWF. Shawn Michaels, This Sunday night will be the ultimate battle between two men who do not like one another. You were right about one thing though, It doesn't matter what the fans think. When we're in that ring, The fans won't matter. It'll just be the two of us. You and I right in the ring. And when that bell rings, And the match ends, One man's hand is going to be raised high in the air. And that's mine. I'm going to beat you this Sunday night. I'm going to be on top of my game. You can talk about all the past icons you want, But I'm still here. And I'm staying here for a very long time to come. And after you do lose, And you realize that I am still the excellence of execution, You'll know that there's a reason why I'm on top of the WWF, And why I've always been on top of the WWF. And that reason is because I am the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Brian Christopher leaps off the top turnbuckle with the Tennessee Jam. (RAW Saturday Night 6/14/97)

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin, British Bulldog and Sycho Sid with Dawn Marie Vs. Mark Henry, Vader and The Undertaker with Paul Bearer

This one started off with all six men brawling. Undertaker and Austin went out to the floor while the other four men stayed in the ring. The Undertaker gave Austin a ass kicking, Nailing Austin with a big right hand and slamming Austin down on the ramp way. Inside the ring, Bulldog worked over Vader's injured eye, Smacking it a couple times while McMahon claimed that Bulldog was trying to blind Vader. Henry and Sid went at it with stiff blows, Neither men backing down. Undertaker grabbed Austin by the throat and choke slammed Austin right on the steel stage! Eventually, Henry and Sid wound up on the outside, Leaving Bulldog and Vader to go at it. Bulldog continued working over Vader's hurt, But the big man wouldn't back down. Vader ran down Bulldog with three clotheslines and looked to finish Bulldog off with the powerbomb, But referee Monty Davidson couldn't make the count, Claiming Vader as the illegal man, Even though Vader and Bulldog were the only ones in the ring. Vader grabbed Davidson and tossed Davidson out to the floor. This brought out Earl Hebner to referee the match. Soon, All six men ended up back in the ring. Bulldog caught Vader with a clothesline, Allowing the heels to isolate and work over Vader. The crowd was begging the big man to tag in Undertaker or Henry, But Vader would always get cut short. Austin stomped and kicked away at Vader, Taunting Undertaker. When Austin tried to finish Vader off with the Stone Cold stunner, Vader countered with a big back suplex. Vader then made the hot tag to Undertaker and all hell broke loose! The phenom entered the ring and ran down all of his opponents with clotheslines and big boots. Undertaker tossed Bulldog out to the floor while Henry ran down Sid. Henry and Sid wound up on the outside. Both men traded blows, With Sid sending Henry into the steel steps. Bulldog and Vader also battled on the outside. Bulldog got a steel chair and drilled Vader right over the head! Inside the ring, Undertaker choke slammed Austin and covered, But before the three count could be made, Davidson pulled Hebner out of the ring! Davidson started trash talking Hebner, Only to get nailed by a right hand! What Hebner didn't see was Sid whip Henry right into him, Taking out Hebner! Undertaker then went for the Tombstone on Austin, But Bulldog entered the ring with the chair. Bulldog went to hit Undertaker with it, But Undertaker tossed Austin like a lawn dart right onto the chair! Undertaker grabbed the chair and drilled Bulldog over the head with it! Sid got up on the apron and took a nasty chair shot to the head! Undertaker grabbed Austin and went for the walk on the ropes, But as he jumped off for the shot to the arm, Austin nailed Undertaker with a low blow! Undertaker then got nailed by the Stone Cold Stunner! Monty Davidson came into the ring and made the one, two, three!

After the match ended, Vader went after Bulldog, Chasing Bulldog to the back. Sid and Dawn Marie headed to the back while Henry was left down on the floor. Austin grabbed the WWF Championship and posed with it while Undertaker was down and out. Austin stood over Undertaker with the WWF Championship as Monday Night Raw came to an end with McMahon asking if this would be the sight we'd see this Sunday night.

83, 86, 77 **3/4

Overall Rating- 81

TV Rating- 6.87

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 5.87

Attendance- 6,019

Ticket Sales- $240,760

ECW Code Red

TV Rating- 4.83

Attendance- 2,507

Ticket Sales- $75,210

USPW Thursday Night Jam

TV Rating- 1.71

Attendance- 807

Ticket Sales- $24,210

Notes

"Chavo Guerrero and Johnny Swinger work pretty well together due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Mark Henry

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

Spicedawg, To release David Flair, I just called him up from USWA and kept lowering his card position, Causing his morale to fall. It's cheating, But who cares? As for Lombardi, I just had nothing for him to do except job everyweek. Whenever he retires, I'll hire him as a staff member

Edited by Baby Hewey

IPB Image

Credit KillingsVSCena for the logo

Channel: UPN

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: June 20, 1997

Attendance: 7,550

Ticket Sales: $302,000

Announcers: Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Is It Set In Stone?

The Undertaker makes his way on down to the ring to kick things off. After the usual long entrance, The WWF Champion enters the ring with the lights coming back on. Undertaker grabs a microphone and stands in the ring with the World Wrestling Federation Championship over his shoulder.

The Undertaker- "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, You have written your destiny. After last Monday night's events, Your future is set in stone. This Sunday night, We'll be fighting for more than the World Wrestling Federation Championship. We'll be fighting for the top spot in the WWF. A spot that has taken me and my creatures of the night a long time to get to. Many bodies have been taken to the dark side. I've collected many souls, But yours is the one we want the most. Steve Austin, This Sunday night when we step inside the ring, The whole world will witness the battle of battles. I'm coming for your soul. And it will be mine. And when the night is done and over with, Not only will you have realized that you can't take what's mine, But you'll realize that you're not as strong as you say you are. You hide behind your own paranoia and insanity, But deep down, You know what awaits you this Sunday night. And you know that when we step into the ring, I will make you rest in peace. And.................

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin's music comes on, Not only interrupting the WWF Champion, But making the crowd mad. The fans boo as we see Austin standing on top of the entrance way holding a microphone.

Steve Austin- Undertaker, Are you proud of yourself? Are you proud of what happened on Monday night? Attacking William Regal like a coward? Did it make you feel good? Was it like a piece of heaven? Did you enjoy making that gentleman bleed? Did you like burning up a picture of me? A beautiful picture of "Stone Cold"? Was it fun? Undertaker, You talk about me being a coward, Well, Would a coward be able to pin you? Huh? What was that? That's right. I pinned your little ass on Monday night. One, Two, Three! You can stare at me all you want, But that's the way it's going down in the history books. Steve Austin pinned The Undertaker. And Undertaker, That makes you the underdog this Sunday night. You talk about taking me to hell, Son, Like I said, I'll go to hell, Play cards with the devil, Come back up to Earth and still kick your ass. I don't fear you. I don't fear nobody. You might have them little tricks, But I got no compassion. And that's what's gonna make me the winner at King Of The Ring. I won't feel bad about crossing the line. You and your creatures of the night aren't as cold blooded as "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. Undertaker, That WWF Championship is coming around my waist this Sunday night. It's been a long time and coming. I deserve that WWF Championship. There's no bald headed son b*** and his little friends in the WWF to ruin my chances of getting the spotlight. My time will come this Sunday night. And as I beat you down like a dog, As I show no mercy on ya, You're gonna be looking up at me, Looking up at "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, And boy, You're gonna look into the eyes of a man who shows no mercy. And Undertaker, If I was you, I'd be afraid. I'd be very afraid.

Austin tosses down his mic as his music plays. Friday Night Mayhem goes to a commercial break with Austin heading to the back while The Undertaker stays in the ring.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Brian Christopher, Sho Funaki and Ron Killings Vs. Chavo Guerrero, Taka Michinoku and Hakushi

Solid six men tag team here. Though, The crowd didn't really care for it. Christopher spent all of the match avoiding Chavo. Killings, On the other hand, Went right after the champ right from the opening bell. Usual WWF six men tag team match here, Except with Light Heavyweights who showed off their talent and performed some of their big spots. The face team started off hot, Tossing their opponents out to the floor and following up with dives to them on the outside. When the match went back into the ring, Taka was taking it to Christopher until Christopher caught Taka with a sitout powerbomb. The heels worked over Taka, With Christopher taunting Chavo every chance he got. Ron Killings was the aggressive one, Nailing Taka with stiff chops and kicks in the corner. Funaki and Taka also had a great exchange that ended with Funaki delivering a big drop kick to Taka. After taking so much abuse, Taka caught Killings and Funaki with a double DDT. Christopher ran into the ring, But got nailed by a spinning heel kick. Taka then made the hot tag to Chavo. Chavo entered the ring and started to clean house. All six men got back into it. Taka tossed Funaki out to the floor and dove over the ropes to Funaki on the outside! What Taka didn't see was Killings nail him from behind with a baseball slide. Killings then came off the ropes with a tumbling flip to Taka. Hakushi tagged himself in and took down Christopher with a spinning heel kick. Chavo Guerrero got pulled out to the floor by Killings where both men brawled. Inside the ring, Hakushi connected with a tornado DDT to Christopher, But Funaki entered the ring and stomped on the back of Hakushi's head. Funaki planted Hakushi with a spinning suplex and put Christopher on top of Hakushi. Chavo and Taka tried to make the save, But were held back, Allowing Christopher to get the three count.

Christopher and his teammates headed to the back while Chavo and Taka checked on Hakushi. Hakushi got up and shoved his teammates aside, And had a angry look on his face. When Chavo and Taka went to talk to him, Hakushi again shoved them aside and started yelling at them in Japanese.

70, 57, 84 **3/4

Bad Influence

We cut to the locker room area where we see Rocky Maivia getting ready for his match. Rocky's just done putting on his elbow pads when Rick Martel comes into the locker room. Maivia does not look happy to see Martel.

Rocky Maivia- What do you want Martel?

Rick Martel- What do I want? I wanna thank you.

Rocky Maivia- For what?

Rick Martel- For taking care of Shamrock on Monday night. I mean, Wow! You just nailed him with your finisher. You took him out for me. He was gonna try to kill me with that chair. But thanks to you, He was looking up at the lights.

Rocky Maivia- I didn't nail him with the TGS for you. He hit me with a chair, And even though it was a accident, I had to prove to him that I'm not some punk. I didn't ask for his help on Monday night. And I'm not asking you for your help.

Rick Martel- Right. Look, I like you kid, Hell, You gave me a good fight. But see, You have no direction. You do nothing. Hell, I didn't even know you existed until last week! With my help, Kid, You're gonna go far.

Rocky Maivia- I don't need your help. I'm in tonight's main event.

Rick Martel- Wow! Not a main event! What is it? Your first? I doubt your opponents even know who you are. And as far as I know, You're teaming with Shamrock. You think he's gonna help you? You'll be left to face seven guys all on your own! Shamrock is pissed off buddy. And without help, You're gonna get your ass kicked by Kenny.

Rocky Maivia- Well, If it comes down to it, I'll have to take care of Shamrock then, Won't I?

Rick Martel- Yeah, I doubt you'll make it out alive against him. Look, Watch my match tonight. Watch what a winner is all about. And after you do get screwed over by Shamrock, Come talk to me. I'll give you all the advice you need.

Martel leaves the dressing room. A few seconds later, Ken Shamrock enters. He and Maivia get into a stare down.

Rocky Maivia- Something on your mind Shamrock?

Ken Shamrock- Yeah, I just saw Rick Martel head off from this direction with a big smile on his face. Was he here?

Rocky Maivia- No, Not that I remember.

Ken Shamrock- Look, What happened on Monday night was an accident. I didn't mean to hit you with the chair. I wanted a piece of Martel. He was about to nail you with the chair.

Rocky Maivia- Did I ask for help? I'm not some damn kid who needs help. I could have taken him on my own! I don't need your help! You hit me with the chair, And I got even. That's all it was. If you wanna make a big deal out of it, We'll settle it in the ring.

Ken Shamrock- If that's the way you want it, We'll fight in the ring. But not tonight. Look, I don't wanna be your partner, But we got no choice. We're in there with six huge superstars. It's our chance. You wanna make a name for yourself? Then along with me, Lets kick all their asses.

Rocky Maivia- That's what we'll do.

Ken Shamrock- And as for Martel, I know you don't want any help, But the guy is no good. He's nothing more than a self involved jerk with a ego problem. He's the last person you want helping you. I'll see you out there.

Ken Shamrock exits the locker room, Leaving Rocky looking on.

Rocky Maivia- Yeah, Like I'm ever gonna trust you.

Rocky Maivia gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Mark Henry Vs. British Bulldog

These two had a small feud last year, Ending with Henry stuffing dog food down Davey Boy's throat. Not too bad of a match here. Henry took down Bulldog with a few clotheslines early on and tossed Bulldog out to the floor. When they fought on the outside, Bulldog was able to send Henry into the steel steps and then rammed Henry's face into the steel ring post. Bulldog worked over Henry inside the ring, Applying a long chinlock to the world's strongest man. British Bulldog tried to slam Henry, But that wouldn't work. Bulldog even tried to suplex Henry, But he couldn't lift the big man up. Bulldog then started working over Henry's arm and smashed it into the steel post a few times. Bulldog applied a cross arm breaker to Henry, Almost getting the submission, But Henry somehow grabbed the ropes. Henry made the comeback, Taking Bulldog down with clotheslines and followed up by connecting with a big belly to belly suplex. Henry avalanched Bulldog in the corner twice and followed up with a big back body drop. Henry lifted Bulldog up and delivered the World's Strongest Slam to Bulldog! Before Henry could cover, Sycho Sid ran into the ring and booted Henry in the face! The referee ruled it a disqualification win for Henry!

Sycho Sid sent Henry into the corner and started pounding away on Henry with right hands. Bulldog, Leaving Sid to finish off Henry, Started heading to the back. Bulldog posed on top of the stage, But then got knocked down by Vader, Who ran up behind him and nailed him with a clothesline! Vader punched away at Bulldog, Causing officials to hold Vader back while Bulldog ran off. Inside the ring, Henry started fighting back and nailed Sid with right hands. Henry knocked down Sid with a clothesline and tossed Sid out to the floor! Sid tried to go back into the ring, But he was also held back by officials. Friday Night Mayhem went to a commercial break with the announcers calling this a chaotic situation.

80, 84, 74 **1/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

King's Court with Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart

Friday Night Mayhem returns from the break with the King's Court set up. Jerry "The King" Lawler stands in the ring holding a microphone.

Jerry Lawler- I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to do this. I mean, I didn't think a audience could be so ugly! Look at you over there, When was the last time you cut your hair? You look like cousin it! And look at you, Did someone take a dump all over your face? And look at that old guy over there! I think he's dead! In any event, We all know the King Of The Ring is this Sunday night. And even though yours truly was eliminated from the tournament, I'll be watching the show. Hell, It promises to be the PPV of the year. We got the big title match, The tournament, Brian Christopher in action, And of course, The highly anticipated Michaels/Hart showdown. That's why no one else gives you Pay Per View like the WWF. And since the Commissioner loves me announcing the shows, He wanted me to go the extra mile and asked me to hold King's Court here. And now, May I introduce the man who is gonna annihilate Bret "The Hitman" Hart this Sunday night, A man who could care less about what you people think, One of my favorite wrestlers of all time, The "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels!

Shawn Michaels' music comes on to a huge ovation from the fans. Lawler claps like a exited little girl as Shawn Michaels makes his way down to the ring. Michaels slaps hands with a few fans at ringside before entering the ring and posing. No pyro tonight though. Lawler praises on Michaels and shakes Michaels' hand, Even though Michaels never offered it.

Jerry Lawler- Shawn, I must say, I love the new attitude. I mean, I couldn't stand you last year when you were all about the Kliq, But hey, When you win this Sunday night and run Bret Hart out of the WWF, I'll be the first one to congratulate you! You're a smart man to be working alongside the Commissioner. And now, For his opponent, *sigh* Bret Hart...................

Despite Lawler's lack of enthusiasm for Bret Hart, Once Bret Hart's music hits the arena, The fans go nuts for "The Hitman". Bret Hart comes on down to the ring wearing his street clothes, With Michaels never taking his eyes off of Hart. Hart enters the ring and stares down Michaels. Lawler stands in the middle of both men.

Jerry Lawler- I must say, I think the crowd is full of morons for cheering you on Bret. I think you got a bigger ovation than Shawn! But Shawn doesn't care! Shawn's the man! And since Shawn Michaels, The man who could care less about the Kliq, Is my favorite man in the ring right now, Besides myself of course, I'll ask him the first question. Shawn Michaels, What do you plan on doing to this punk on Sunday night?

Shawn Michaels- Gee King, What do I plan on doing to this punk on Sunday night? It's simple. I plan on shutting his big fat mouth once and for all. Bret Hart is all about the talk. That's all he does. That's all he can do. He knows he's mediocre compared to me. And he knows he needs to come up with a bunch of paranoid lies to try to get the fans behind him. Hey, I could care less anymore. The fans wanna boo me? Go ahead. It won't make a difference who's getting cheered or booed on Sunday night. Shawn Michaels is gonna beat Bret Hart's ass all over the King Of The Ring. I'm gonna hand Bret his most miserable defeat. Bret, Do you think I'm working with the Commissioner? If I was you, I wouldn't worry about that. I'd worry about what you have to go up against. You'll be going up against the man who defeated you and took your title at Wrestlemania XII. Remember that night? Oh yeah, Of course you do, You can't stop b******* about how you got screwed!

Jerry Lawler- Ha! Ha! Ha! That's the truth! All you do is whine Bret!

Bret Hart- You know, I'm not gonna stand here and talk about what we've talked about for weeks now. What I want to know is, If you're not working with the Commissioner, Then why haven't you said it? You've never said you weren't working with him.

Shawn Michaels- I don't think I need to explain myself to anyone. You'll find out this Sunday night, Won't you?

Jerry Lawler- Yeah. I can't wait to see it go down. And Bret Hart, What will you say when you lose again? Ha!

Bret Hart- I won't lose. If you think this jackass is beating me this Sunday night, Then you got another thing coming. Shawn Michaels will not beat me. I don't care if he's got Rick Rude with him, Or anyone else. He can bring down the whole Kliq if he wants to. It won't matter to me. I'm going to prove to him that I am the excellence of execution, And that I.............

Shawn Michaels- That you are the best there is, The best there was, And blah, Blah, Blah. Do..........

Bret Hart- interrupting Michaels I'm The best there is, The best there was, And best that there ever will be! Mock me all you want, But I'm gonna beat you this Sunday night. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Shawn Michaels- We'll see about that, Won't we? Like I told you, I'll do whatever it takes to defeat you.

Bret Hart- Go ahead. Give me everything you got. I'll still come back from all of it. You just don't get it. I'm not walking out of the King Of The Ring with a loss. I'm gonna beat you Shawn Michaels. Make no mistake about it, I'm heading into King Of The Ring without anything else in mind other than beating you. And it'll happen. You talk about doing whatever it takes, I'll still come back and give you whatever I have left. I don't care how I do it, I'm going to defeat you. I know you probably have someone watching your back, But if they want a piece of me, Let them come on down to the ring. Nothing is stopping me from coming out victorious at the King Of The Ring. You'll finally shut that mouth of yours for once after I'm done beating you.

Jerry Lawler- You know, I think Bret can't be trusted. He's a desperate man. I've always known Bret Hart was a snake in the grass, But if I was you Shawn, I wouldn't trust Bret Hart.

Shawn Michaels- I don't. I'm not stupid enough to go into a match with a bitter, Jealous man and not expect something? Bret Hart is not the good man all of you like to believe he is.

Bret Hart- You're questioning my morals? I'm the only man in this company these people can look up to! I been here through thick and thin. I've never sold out the fans. My true fans know I'll always love and appreciate everything they've done for me. And unlike you, I'm not some selfish bastard!

The crowd oohs and aahs over Hart's last comments. Michaels and Hart get face to face, With Lawler all giddy, Hoping for a fight. Hart and Michaels just stare down one another, And Lawler shoves Hart right onto Michaels! Both Michaels and Hart fall down! Lawler laughs and turns his back, Not realizing Hart has gotten up. Hart grabs Lawler and starts nailing Lawler with right hands! Michaels gets up and goes for Sweet Chin Music to Bret Hart, But it's ducked and Michaels takes out Lawler! Bret Hart grabs Michaels and headbutts Michaels! Both men slug it out! Officials come running down from the back and pull both men apart. We go to a break with Ross saying things has exploded.

Jerry Lawler gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"Party Boy" Marty Jannetty and Hollywood Holly with Chris Kanyon Vs. D'Lo Brown and Duke "The Money Maker" Droese with Dawn Marie

Hype match for Sunday's King Of The Ring as we head opponents being partners tonight. The crowd got confused whenever Droese and Hollywood squared off since both men are strong midcard heels. Kanyon was great at ringside, Limping over to Dawn Marie and asking her out, Causing Droese to be distracted, Allowing Jannetty to roll him up for a close near fall. Jannetty and D'Lo had a great exchange with the party boy being alot more serious here. The crowd was divided between both men when they went at it. The ending came when D'Lo and Hollywood got the hot tags. D'Lo cleaned house, Taking down Hollywood with slams and nailing Jannetty with a spinning heel kick as Jannetty entered the ring. Chris Kanyon, Still hitting on Dawn Marie, Decided to take it a step further and grabbed her and laid a huge kiss on her! Droese exploded and went outside after Kanyon and laid Kanyon out with a right hand! Droese then took his briefcase and started nailing Kanyon over the legs and back, With Kanyon yelling like crazy! Hollywood went out after Droese and send Droese into the steel steps. Inside the ring, D'Lo and Jannetty started fighting in the corner. The referee tried to pull them off of each other, But got shoved down by both men! The referee called for the bell and called for a no contest.

The madness didn't stop there. Both D'Lo and Jannetty spilled out to the floor, Hurting themselves in the process. Dawn Marie grabbed Droese's briefcase and smacked Hollywood over the back with it! Droese rolled Hollywood into the ring. But Kanyon limped into the ring with his crutch. Kanyon grabbed his crutch and nailed Droese with a shot to the back! Dawn Marie then came inside the ring and kicked Kanyon right in between the legs! Kanyon fell down to the canvas while Dawn Marie checked on Droese. Out on the floor, Jannetty tossed D'Lo into the steel ring post and came into the ring. Jannetty grabbed Dawn Marie by the hair and was about to punch her lights out, But Hollywood got up and booted Jannetty in the face! Hollywood then tried to go for the running legdrop, But D'Lo pulled down the ropes, Causing Hollywood to spill out to the floor! D'Lo came into the ring and ran down Jannetty with a clothesline. D'Lo and Droese started putting the boots to Jannetty until D'Lo blind sided Droese with a right hand! D'Lo followed up by nailing Droese with the Sky High. D'Lo went up top and flew off the top with the Lo Down to Droese! Dawn Marie tried to hit D'Lo with the briefcase, But Kanyon grabbed it away from her and shoved her down! Kanyon was about to hit Dawn Marie with the briefcase, But he got nailed by a chair shot to the head from Jannetty! Jannetty then swung and connected with a shot to D'Lo's head! Hollywood came into the ring and took a shot to the head! Droese got up and took a shot as well! Jannetty stood over four bodies while Dawn Marie smartly went to the outside. Jim Ross said that Jannetty just made a loud statement tonight.

75, 74, 77 **1/4

Interview with Rick Rude and William Regal

We cut to the backstage interview area where Marissa Mazzola is standing by with Rick Rude and William Regal.

Marissa Mazzola- Commissioner, You asked for this time, What's on your mind?

Rick Rude- Well, It seems like the talk of the WWF is Sunday's King Of The Ring. And even though it promises to be a huge event, I want to address a few issues. Everyone seems to think I'm out to screw The Undertaker out of the WWF Championship. That's not true. Is it William?

William Regal- No. You're a very fair man sir.

Rick Rude- That's why I want Sunday's title match to be as fair as it can be. And with that in mind, I've hand picked the special referee for this Sunday's WWF Championship match. I picked the best referee in the business, A man who will call it down the middle. And that man is Monty Davidson. And I know Mr. Davidson will be a very fair referee. And I'm not only promising a new WWF Champion this Sunday night, But I promise a new member of our administration. And after this showstopper joins us, It'll change the face of the WWF forever. We'll see you on Sunday night.

Rude and Regal smile as we go to a break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Rick Martel Vs. Al Snow Vs. Alex Wright with Joanie Laurer

This one was suppose to be champion versus champion, But Martel asked the Commissioner to be put into the match. Wright and Martel started off working as a team, Double teaming Snow. Lawler said Wright only worked with Martel due to Martel not being a American. But after working over Snow, Martel backed up and let Wright do all the work. When Wright realized this, He went right after Martel. Both men fought in the corner and traded chops and kicks. Snow came to and then went crazy on both men, Taking them out with kicks and right hands. Al Snow tried to finish Martel off early with a big German suplex, But Wright made the save. All three men kept fighting a back and fourth match. Laurer tried to interfere, But she got thrown out of the ringside area! After some action, Al Snow came out dominant and took down Alex Wright with a big DDT. Martel took a big time overhead suplex. Al Snow applied the Million Dollar Dream to Martel, But Wright made the save. Wright then clotheslined himself and Snow out to the floor. Martel grabbed the referee and distracted him as Jacobs came walking down from the back. Al Snow got up to his feet and Jacobs grabbed him by the throat and choke slammed Snow onto the steel stage! Wright, Seeing what Jacobs had just done, Quickly entered the ring. The WWF European Champion was so scared of Jacobs that he didn't notice Martel sneak up behind him and roll him up for the win!

Wright could have cared less about the loss and fled to the back. Jacobs entered the ring and stared down Martel. Martel tried to tell Jacobs to go away and let him celebrate, But the only thing he got was a choke slam for his trouble! Jacobs stood dominant while we headed to the back.

84, 86, 80 ***

Just Can't Stop Them

We cut to the back where we see Shawn Michaels being escorted out of the arena by security. Before they can go anywhere, Bret Hart jumps on the scene and jumps right at Michaels! Both men start fighting again! The security try to pull both men apart, But they shove security aside and go after the other! Soon, About ten more security guards come on the scene to try to pull both men apart. Both men shout at each other, Promising the other man is going down this Sunday night. Once Hart is escorted away from Michaels, Michaels smiles and says he's winning it at all cost.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Four Corners Tag Team Elimination Match

Goldust, Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs. Scott Hall, Sean Waltman Vs. Kevin Nash, Mr. Yokozuna Vs. Rocky Maivia, Ken Shamrock

Hot crowd for this big tag team match up. Maivia and Shamrock didn't show any signs of trouble early on in this match. Everyone went at it here, With the usual saves being made. We were reminded that all of these men are entered in this Sunday's battle royal. The first elimination came at about seven minutes when Rocky tagged in Shamrock. Shamrock entered the ring and cleaned house. Shamrock was left in the ring with Helmsley. Shamrock took down Helmsley with a belly to belly suplex, But Goldust came into the ring. Goldust took Shamrock down with a clothesline and lifted Shamrock up. Goldust went for the Curtain Call, But Shamrock slipped out of it and shoved Goldust into Helmsley, Who knocked Maivia off the apron. Shamrock delivered the belly to belly to Goldust But became distracted by Maivia, Who was shouting at him. This allowed Helmsley to nail Shamrock with a knee to the back and delivered the Pedigree to Shamrock to eliminate Shamrock and Maivia. Maivia went to the back, Leaving Shamrock at ringside. When Shamrock came to, He went storming to the back. We were left with three teams, But not for long. The second elimination came when Nash delivered a huge Jackknife Powerbomb to Waltman, But when Nash went for the cover, Mr. Yokozuna tagged himself in. Nash stared down Yokozuna, But went out to the apron. Mr. Yokozuna dragged Waltman to the corner and went for the Bonzai Drop, But got nothing but canvas as Waltman moved out of the way! Waltman then nailed Nash with a super kick, Knocking Nash off the apron! When Mr. Yokozuna got up, Waltman drilled him with a spinning heel kick and covered him for the upset! Nash and Mr. Yokozuna were forced to the back, With both men shouting at the other. With two teams left, Goldust and Helmsley dominated Waltman, Taking advantage of his injuries. When Scott Hall finally got tagged in, Referee Monty Davidson said he didn't see the tag! Hall didn't care and went after both Helmsley and Goldust. Hall and Helmsley fought on the outside, Leaving a injured Waltman to fight Goldust. Waltman truly gave it everything he had, But his injured back gave out, Allowing Goldust to put him away with a powerbomb.

Scott Hall helped Waltman to the back while Goldust and Helmsley celebrated in the ring. Goldust hugged Helmsley, Who could have cared less. Helmsley looked at the camera and said he was gonna toss out nineteen losers and become the number one contender.

88, 92, 79 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Chavo Guerrero puts away Swinger with a top turnbuckle powerbomb. (Monday Night Raw 6/22/97)

In For A World Of Trouble

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin makes his way down to the ring as we return from the break. Austin grabs the mic from Fink and shoves him out of the ring. Austin paces around for a few seconds while the crowd chants for The Undertaker.

Steve Austin- Shut up! Bunch of weirdos. You people need to show some respect for the next WWF Champion. Undertaker, I told you earlier tonight that you would have hell to pay, And I'm right here to dish it out. So, If you're man enough to come on down to the ring and face me man to man, Come on down here and get your little ass stomped on. Undertaker, I know you're probably hiding in the back, Your little knees shaking, You're probably clutching my WWF Championship and saying a little prayer for me to take it easy on you, But that ain't gonna happen. I'm gonna show no mercy on you. But the problem is, I don't feel like waiting for the King Of The Ring to get some of you. So come on down to the ring right now and go up against "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. You..........

The Undertaker's music begins to play. The lights stay on as The Undertaker slowly walks down to the ring, Adjusting his gloves, Looking ready for the fight. Undertaker enters the ring and Austin backs away into the corner.

Steve Austin- Undertaker, It's time for you to face this reaper.

Austin tosses his microphone down and comes running at The Undertaker, Only to get booted right in the face! Undertaker grabs Austin and chucks Austin into the corner. The fans are going crazy as The Undertaker punches away at Austin in the corner! Undertaker beats the holy hell out of Austin with his powerful right hands! Austin has to resort to raking Undertaker in the eyes, Allowing Austin to slide out to the floor. Austin pulls Undertaker out to the floor and rams Undertaker back first onto the apron! Austin starts hammering away at The Undertaker! Austin tries to whip Undertaker into the steel steps, But Undertaker counters by nailing Austin with a back elbow to the face! Undertaker then rams Austin head first into the steel steps! The Undertaker grabs Austin and rams Austin head first into the steel ring post. The Undertaker then shoves the time keeper aside and grabs his steel chair. Undertaker scores with a hard chair shot right to Austin's back! The Undertaker puts Austin back into the ring and comes into the ring with the steel chair in hand. Undertaker goes to hit Austin with a shot to his bald head, But Austin low blows Undertaker! Austin grabs the chair away from The Undertaker and drills The Undertaker with a shot to the head! The Undertaker doesn't go down, So Austin winds up and hits Undertaker with the chair one more time, This time, Nailing Undertaker with a hard shot to the head, Taking down the phenom! Austin grabs the steel chair and starts hitting Undertaker over and over with it! Austin hits The Undertaker over the back, Legs and ribs time and time again! Undertaker slowly stands up and Austin again drills him with a stiff shot to the head! Undertaker goes down to one knee! Austin curses at Undertaker and drills Undertaker with another chair shot, This time, Taking Undertaker down and busting him open! The crowd boos as The Undertaker is left flat on his back. Austin smiles as his music plays. Austin stands over The Undertaker and taunts him. Austin leaves the ring and starts walking up the ramp way. Austin poses on the stage as the WWF Champion slowly stands up, Using the ropes for support. The blood drips down the forehead of The Undertaker while Austin smiles like a lunatic. Friday Night Mayhem goes off the air with Lawler yelling that Stone Cold Steve Austin will be the next WWF Champion.

The Undertaker gained overness from this segment.

Overall Rating- 86

TV Rating- 6.83

Notes

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Hunter Hearst Helmsley

IPB Image

Credit Kempay for the logo

Channel: USA Network

Time Slot: Late Evening

Date: June 21, 1997

Attendance: 7,510

Ticket Sales: $300,400

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Todd Pettengill are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Billy Gunn Vs. Detective Arnold Jelly

This is Billy Gunn's first official match back after a lengthy absence. And it wasn't anything good. The announcers reminded us that Jelly won his first ever match in the WWF against Billy Gunn. The so called genius attacked Jelly from behind and showed some new found intensity and aggressiveness. Billy Gunn cheated his way through out the entire match, But he couldn't quite put away the big man. Jelly made the comeback and looked like he was going to close the case here, But Billy Gunn was able to sneak a low blow in on Jelly behind the referee's back. Billy Gunn then finished Jelly off with the rocker dropper, Dubbed the Higher Learning from Todd to get the win. After the match ended, Gunn tied up Jelly on the ropes and taunted Jelly.

67, 70, 61 3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Lash LeRoux Vs. Lodi

LeRoux is making his official debut. He's been signed to a written deal. Lodi is a one time only deal, Though, He did impress officials. Quiet crowd here, Who didn't know either men. Solid back and fourth action from the Light Heavyweight wrestlers, With Lodi trying to get the crowd into it, By taunting LeRoux several times. Lodi looked like he had scored the win with a missile drop kick to Lash, But Lash had his foot on the ropes. Lodi then slammed Lash down and went up top. Lodi came off the top attempting a big splash, But LeRoux moved out of the way. LeRoux then finished off Lodi with his Whiplash maneuver to grab the win.

59, 34, 85 **1/4

Lash LeRoux debuted his new gimmick, (Redneck) it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Kama Mustafa Vs. John Bradshaw

Solid match up between these two hosses, Which are rumored for pushes. It's rumored that Kama might feud with Al Snow or possibly Ken Shamrock. While the WWF wants to build up Bradshaw, Perhaps giving him a run with the WWF European Championship. This match started off with both men trading hard stiff shots. The referee couldn't get control of the match and once it went out to the floor, All hell broke loose. Kama rammed Bradshaw into the steel ring post and grabbed a steel chair. Kama went to use the chair on Bradshaw, But Bradshaw booted the chair right onto Kama's face! Bradshaw then rammed Kama into the steel steps and used the chair on Kama. They went back into the ring where both men started battling in the corner. The referee tried to get control of the match, But both men shoved him aside, And the referee ruled the match a double disqualification. That didn't stop both men to end up brawling all the way to the back.

71, 70, 72 *3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Quebecers Vs. Born In The USA

Both talented and underused teams had a solid match up here. The tag team division is definitely a work in progress, And either one of these two teams could be the next champions. The Quebecers isolated and worked over The Patriot here, Double teaming him in front and behind the referee's back. The crowd was hot, Chanting "USA" through out the match up. The former three time WWF Tag Team Champions tried to put away The Patriot early on with a double suplex, But Bart Gunn made the save. After taking a long beating, The Patriot took down Jacques and Pierre with a double clothesline and made the hot tag to Bart Gunn. "All American" Bart Gunn ran into the ring and took out The Quebecers with a double clothesline. It looked like Born In The USA were headed for the victory, As Patriot tossed Pierre out to the floor and got into a brawl with him out there. Bart Gunn went for the Loaded Forearm Shot on Jacques, But Jacques caught Gunn and stun gunned him across the ropes and covered for the upset win!

75, 71, 80 **1\2

Bart Gunn lost overness from this match.

The Patriot lost overness from this match.

Pierre Oulette gained overness from this match.

Jacques Rougeau gained overness from this match.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Christian Cage Vs. Nasty Mike

Christian Cage seems to be branching out into the Light Heavyweight division, And one must wonder what will happen to Adam Copeland. Both Cage and Mike put on a great match up here. Both men started off trading holds and counters, Ending with Cage dumping Mike out to the floor. Cage then dove over the ropes right onto Mike on the outside. When they came back into the ring, Mike caught Cage with a big spinning heel kick. Mike controlled the match from there, Working over Cage's back, Looking like he was going to score the big win. But Mike would always stop and pose, Or taunt the crowd. After Mike missed a splash from the top turnbuckle, Christian made the comeback. Christian Cage picked up the win out of nowhere after reversing a victory roll from Mike.

72, 59, 86 ***

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- A spinning suplex from Funaki is enough to put away Hakushi. (Friday Night Mayhem 6/20/97)

Jacobs with Bob Backlund Vs. Brian Lee

Great match up between these two hosses. After this strong performance from Brian Lee, It's likely that the WWF will consider pushing him on his own. The announcers talked about how no one has been able to go toe to toe with Jacobs, But the former two time WWF Tag Team Champion brought the fight to Jacobs. Lee jumped Jacobs from behind and started pounding away on Jacobs before Jacobs knew what hit him. Lee tried his hardest to put away Jacobs, But Jacobs kept sitting up from everything Lee dished out. Lee came extremely close to putting Jacobs away after delivering two life sentences, But Jacobs somehow got the shoulder up. They brawled on the outside, With Lee sending Jacobs into the steel steps. Lee even nailed Jacobs with the ring bell and tried to win it by count out, But Jacobs kept getting up. In the end, Jacobs choke slammed Lee and finished him off with the powerbomb to hell. After the match ended, Backlund told Jacobs to hurt Lee some more, But Lee's partner, Brian Adams ran down from the back. Adams went toe to toe with Jacobs, But in the end, Jacobs planted him with a vicious choke slam. RAW Saturday Night went off the air with Backlund raising Jacobs' arm as he stood over the two bodies.

82, 76, 88 ***1\2

Overall Rating- 62

TV Rating- 3.00

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 1.97

Attendance- 6,518

Ticket Sales- $260,720

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.99

Attendance- 2,506

Ticket Sales- $75,180

Notes

"Billy Gunn and Detective Arnold Jelly didn't 'click' in their match, maybe due to their mismatched skills causing their styles not to gel?" -Pat Patterson

"Kama Mustafa and John Bradshaw work pretty well together due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

"I'd like to work with The Undertaker if possible." -Steve Austin

"Our ratings battle with Hardcore TV is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

News

- The WWF has signed some new talent for the Light Heavyweight division. Chris Hamrick (stolen from NWACI), Hector Garza (who apparently has a loyalty relationship with Hollywood Holly), Lenny Lane (stolen from NWACI) and Lodi. All of these men have been sent to USWA.

Final KOTR card will be posted later. (Y)

A very solid wrestling week leading to the KOTR. The build to KOTR was great and I would want to order such an event. A lot of possibilities for some swerves and surprises for the event. I really think this is the type of PPV that can set WWF into a new and exciting direction.

Battle Royals can be hard to hype but I'd say you did a decent job this week of making it seem like a important match. There are several feuds that can be played out during the battle royal with the adminstration stories, Shamrock/Maivia/Martel, Hunter/Goldust story and Sid/Henry. It should be a really fun match to watch. I'm glad you haven't really made any obvious winner of the battle royal. As far as a build to a battle royal, I think you did as good a job as possible. Even if Jacob's run ins have been very random but I'm sure that will cut down when he has an actual feud.

Austin v. 'Taker stuff was great this week. Austin pinning and beating down 'Taker had to happen this week. Now, Austin seems much more of a threat to 'Taker's title. I didn't like the 'gay spooky' segment on Raw with the blood, casket and picture burning. I never like that stuff when WWF does it. I'd say the build has been good for this.

Looking at the tag scene, makes me believe that Beniot and Pillman are the best choices for being champs. You have a lot more credible face teams then you do heels teams. Who would Godwinns battle after Pillman/Beniot? Suicide Blondes would seem like the next perfect set of challengers.

I really like the Maivia & Martel story. I'm sure that it will lead to a Maivia heel turn but it should be a fun ride.

Glad to see the new light heavies that you have signed. It is looking like you are making a real effort to beef up the division and make it something credible.

I'm starting to think Bret Hart might end up going heel now. Especially since Rude all but promised a new member in the Adminstration. The Michaels turn just seem too obvious now. I'm think Hart wins after help from the Adminstration. I want the Michaels turn but now I'm starting to doubt it. Maybe that is what you're trying to get me to do, you sly bastard!

Interested to see who Sunny gets as her new man. Good to see that story isn't being forgotten with all the other crazy stuff going on. One problem with your massive roster is it is so easy to have important wrestlers get lost in the shuffle. Guys you want pushed, can be forgotten for weeks and weeks.

A solid week that was meant to build to KOTR. I'm very eager to see the PPV play out.

IPB Image

credit {BIG} D for the awesome banner

Date: June 22, 1997

Final Card

Bret Hart Vs. Shawn Michaels

World Wrestling Federation Championship

The Undertaker© Vs. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

The Godwinns© Vs. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman

Chavo Guerrero© Vs. Brian Christopher

King Of The Ring Tournament Finals

D'Lo Brown or Duke "The Money Maker" Droese Vs. Hollywood Holly or "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty

King Of The Ring Tournament Semi Finals

Hollywood Holly Vs. "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty

D'Lo Brown Vs. Duke "The Money Maker" Droese

No Holds Barred Match

The Winner Will Enter The Twenty Men Battle Royal Later In The Night

British Bulldog Vs. Vader

Twenty Men Over The Top Rope Battle Royal

The Winner Will Get A WWF Championship Match At July's In Your House Event

Featuring- Kevin Nash, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Mr. Yokozuna, Rick Martel, Ken Shamrock, Scott Hall, Mark Henry, Sycho Sid, Jacobs, Brian Adams, Brian Lee, Billy Gunn, Kama Mustafa, Terry Funk, Rocky Maivia, Al Snow, Alex Wright, Sean Waltman, Goldust and The winner of Vader/Bulldog

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night?

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR?

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR?

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc)

5. What's going to be the match before the main event?

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting?

7. Who will be the first man eliminated in the twenty men battle royal?

8. Who will be the final four men in the twenty men battle royal?

9. Who will be the final two men in the twenty men battle royal?

10. Who will eliminate the most people in the twenty men battle royal?

Guest Crossface

OWEN WILL RETURN, HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Austin won't will the title this soon.

It's the time that the only good team in the WWF will get the titles back.

Chavo is a good champion.

D'Lo Brown Vs. Hollywood Holly

No Holds Barred Match

Ehhhhh...

Bulldog?

Featuring- Kevin Nash, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Mr. Yokozuna, Rick Martel, Ken Shamrock, Scott Hall, Mark Henry, Sycho Sid, Jacobs, Brian Adams, Brian Lee, Billy Gunn, Kama Mustafa, Terry Funk, Rocky Maivia, Al Snow, Alex Wright, Sean Waltman, Goldust and The winner of Vader/Bulldog

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? D'lo VS Duke Derose

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Austin VS Taker.

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Hollywood VS Jannety.

4. How many titles will change hands? The Tag Titles.

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? The battle Royal.

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? The Master of Lightining will debut.

8. Who will be the final four men in the twenty men battle royal? HHH, Goldust, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall.

9. Who will be the final two men in the twenty men battle royal? HHH and Goldust.

10. Who will eliminate the most people in the twenty men battle royal? Kevin Nash.

D'Lo Brown Vs Hollywood Holly

No Holds Barred Match

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Hollywood Vs Marty

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Shawn Vs Bret

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Battle Royal

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 1

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? The KOTR Final

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? No

7. Who will be the first man eliminated in the twenty men battle royal? Brian Adams

8. Who will be the final four men in the twenty men battle royal? Mr Yokozuna, Scott Hall, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Al Snow

9. Who will be the final two men in the twenty men battle royal? Yokozuna and Scott Hall

10. Who will eliminate the most people in the twenty men battle royal? Jacobs

KOTR Predictions:

So much stress has been put on the fact that Michaels won the last time they met which makes me believe that Hart has to win here. If my growing suspiscion of Bret actually going heel is true then that will happen tonight after the Adminstration assists Breat Hart for the win. No matter what happens, I feel that Bret needs to win this match in order to set up a rubber match.

Steve Austin isn't ready to be World Champion yet. Plus by WWF logic, Austin is going into the PPV with the upperhand thus he should do the job to 'Taker. Austin will put up a good fight and still get the rub from being in such a match.

I'd say that Vince has seen the error in his ways, rectify things by putting the tag titles back on the best team in the WWF, Pillman & Beniot. Besides, there appears to be more face challengers then heel challengers which means there is obviously more possibilities with Beniot & Pillman.

Brian Christopher has come off more as a filler challenger then an actual legit threat. I see Chavo defending successfully here and moving on to a soon to be heel Hakushi. Christopher will put on a really great match but just not enough to claim the title win here.

I'm pretty sure D'Lo has to win this thing. He is the one who've been giving the big push. He seems to be the one you want to elevate to the next level. By that logic, D'Lo must go over here.

The KOTR finals should be heel v. face, thus Hollywood needs to win since I'm convinced D'Lo will be in the finals.

In order for D'Lo to win, he needs to get past Droes, obviously. This will be a hard fough win since D'Lo will need to overcome the poor and biased officiating for Monty Davidson. He'll do it and he will then win the whole thing.

No Holds Barred Match

I'm thinking, you want to push Vader as one of the next big faces. I'm pretty sure Vader will be booked to win this match and win this feud with Bulldog. Vader will possbily move on to Kevin Nash now.

This one is a definite shot in the dark. I only came to a winner by deciding who I'm sure who won't win the battle royal. I'm positive it won't be a face since I feel that 'Taker is going to retain. I don't think Nash or Sid will be getting a title shot so early after their last one. I don't think Hunter is in the position to challenge for a title yet plus him losing will help speed up the Goldust story. I was thinking Rick Martel but I also feel he is occupied with Maivia & Shamrock. It left me with Jacobs winning the whole thing. I realize this may be a little too early for him to get a major PPV title shot. It's an off-month PPV amd a perfect time to expiriment. I say, Jacobs gets the big rub here and then gets his first ever title shot at the PPV.

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Chavo v. Christopher

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 1

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? Austin v. "Taker

7. Who will be the first man eliminated in the twenty men battle royal? Terry Funk

8. Who will be the final four men in the twenty men battle royal? Sean Waltman, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Jacobs

9. Who will be the final two men in the twenty men battle royal? Jacobs and Scott Hall

Winner: Bret

Winner: Taker

Winners: Pillman and Benoit

Winner: Chavo

Winner: D Lo

Winner: Holly

Winner: D Lo

No Holds Barred Match

Winner: Vader

Winner: Martel

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Hollywood Vs Marty

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? The KOTR Final

7. Who will be the first man eliminated in the twenty men battle royal? Kama

8. Who will be the final four men in the twenty men battle royal? Martel, Hall, Shamrock, Nash

9. Who will be the final two men in the twenty men battle royal? Martel and Shamrock

D'Lo Brown or Duke "The Money Maker" Droese Vs. Hollywood Holly or "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty

No Holds Barred Match

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? D'Lo Brown vs. Duke Droese

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Bret Hart vs. HBK

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? 20 Man Battle Royal

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? WWF World Title Match

7. Who will be the first man eliminated in the twenty men battle royal? Terry Funk

8. Who will be the final four men in the twenty men battle royal? Sycho Sid, HHH, Goldust, Sean Waltman

9. Who will be the final two men in the twenty men battle royal? Sycho Sid, Hunter Hearst Helmsley

- Bret, hopefully

- Taker

- Benoit and Pillman, Godwinns have no place being champs in such a great tag division, especially since they just got out of Developmental

- Chavo; when he finally loses it, I hope it's to someone actually better than him.

- D'Lo over Holly

- Holly

- D'Lo

No Holds Barred Match

- Vader

- Sid

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? - Hollywood vs. Marty

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? - Sjawn vs. Bret

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? - Battle Royal

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) - 1

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? KOTR Final

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? The man behind the mask.

7. Who will be the first man eliminated in the twenty men battle royal? Gunn

8. Who will be the final four men in the twenty men battle royal? HHH, Nash, Hall, Sid

9. Who will be the final two men in the twenty men battle royal? Hall and Sid

Jacobs

Final Card

No Holds Barred Match

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Guerrero v Christopher

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Hart v Michaels

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Tag Championship Match

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc)

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? wwf title match

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? no

7. Who will be the first man eliminated in the twenty men battle royal? al snow

8. Who will be the final four men in the twenty men battle royal? nash hhh yokozuna vader

9. Who will be the final two men in the twenty men battle royal? hhh nash

10. Who will eliminate the most people in the twenty men battle royal? nash

Edited by bubba

D'Lo Brown Vs. "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty

No Holds Barred Match

Winner: Rick Martel

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Hollywood Holly vs. Marty Jannetty

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Micheals vs. Hart

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? The Tag Title Match

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) 0

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? The World Title Match

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? None

7. Who will be the first man eliminated in the twenty men battle royal? Brian Adams

8. Who will be the final four men in the twenty men battle royal? Martel, HHH, Goldust, Nash

9. Who will be the final two men in the twenty men battle royal? Martel and HHH

I se Hart getting his win back, and possibly turning heel too.

It isn't quite time to pull the trigger on the Undertaker experiment, especially with a relatie new comer like Steve Austin.

Benoit and Pillman are probably close to single pushes right now, the Godwinns are hopefully far far away.

Christopher is good, but he isn't the man to carry the LW division.

I never see faces as good kings, but D'Lo gets the nod due to his seemingly big push.

As much as I love Marty, I think his dream run ends here.

Heel versus Heel never works, and I just don't buy Duke as a legitimate King right now.

No Holds Barred Match

The stipulation leaves things even, but I see Vader pulling it out.

He's just been pushed so hard, and this is a good oppurtunity to get him into a main event.

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night?

The Light Heavyweight title match.

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR?

Steve Austin vs. Taker. They seem like their styles would mesh well.

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR?

The Battle Royal.

None.

5. What's going to be the match before the main event?

The twenty man battle royal.

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting?

No, they won't.

Brian Adams, possibly by Lee.

8. Who will be the final four men in the twenty men battle royal?

Jacobs, Kevin Nash, Al Snow & HHH

9. Who will be the final two men in the twenty men battle royal?

Jacobs and Al Snow

Jacobs

No Holds Barred Match

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? - D'Lo Brown vs. Duke Droese

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? - Well i fucking wonder. Perhaps Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart?

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? - The Battle Royal

4. How many titles will change hands? (titles can't change hands by DQ, No contests, Etc) - 0 - None

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? - Presuming HBK vs. Hitman to be the ME, Undertaker vs. Steve Austin

6. Will anyone debut? And if so, Who's debuting? - Noooooone.

7.[7B] Who will be the first man eliminated in the twenty men battle royal? - Alex Wright

8. Who will be the final four men in the twenty men battle royal? - Scott Hall, Jacobs, Al Snow and Hunter Hearst Helmsley

9. - Who will be the final two men in the twenty men battle royal? - Scott Hall and Jacobs

10. Who will eliminate the most people in the twenty men battle royal? - Of course, Jacobs~!

IPB Image

Final Card

D'Lo Brown Vs. "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty

No Holds Barred Match

Tie Breakers

1. What will be the first match of the night? Light Heavyweight Title match

2. Which match will get the best match quality in EWR? Bret vs HBK

3. Which match will get the worst match quality in EWR? Holly vs Jannetty

4. How many titles will change hands? 1

5. What's going to be the match before the main event? WWF Title match

7. Who will be the first man eliminated in the twenty men battle royal? Goldust

8. Who will be the final four men in the twenty men battle royal? Nash, HHH, Jacobs, Vader

9. Who will be the final two men in the twenty men battle royal? Nash and HHH

10. Who will eliminate the most people in the twenty men battle royal? Nash

IPB Image

Attendance: 16,733

Ticket Sales: $1,003,980

Pay Per View Revenue: $3,925,000

Announcers: Dok Hendrix and Vince McMahon

Vince McMahon- Welcome everyone! Welcome to the Civic Center here in beautiful Providence, Rhode Island! Welcome to the fifth annual WWF King Of The Ring! We are live in Providence, Rhode Island! And what a huge night this is gonna be! We got a pumped up, Jam packed crowd! Over sixteen thousand fans are on hand here tonight! This is the revolutionary force in sports entertainment, This is the WWF! And tonight we're gonna give you a Pay Per View event like only the World Wrestling Federation can give you! Hello, I'm Vince McMahon alongside "handsome" Dok Hendrix. And Dok Hendrix, What a wild night this is gonna be! We got our French announcers and our Spanish announcers here for what should be a wild night! We get a shot of the French announcers and then the Spanish announcers. And Dok Hendrix, The whole world is talking about tonight's Pay Per View event! I mean everyone is just buzzing with excitement over the huge Shawn Michaels/Bret Hart showdown, And tonight's WWF Championship match up! And who will win tonight's tournament? We got so many great matches taking place here tonight! I've never seen a more excited crowd than tonight's crowd! Unbelievable!

Dok Hendrix- Vinnie Mac, I'm never one to agree with you, But you are right my much older friend! What a night this is gonna be. These fans have packed the Civic Center for the King Of The Ring. And everyone is talking about tonight's huge show. Who's going to win the Michaels/Hart showdown? Who will leave as the WWF Champion? Who's going to be crowned the '97 King Of The Ring? Who will be the number one contender? We got so many things happening tonight.

Vince McMahon- This year's King Of The Ring is easily one of the biggest Pay Per View extravaganzas ever put on by the WWF. And who will win tonight's huge main event? Will Bret "The Hitman" Hart be able to do what he couldn't do at Wrestlemania XII and defeat the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels? Or will he taste Sweet Chin Music? This match is easily the most anticipated match in the history of the World Wrestling Federation. What about tonight's WWF Championship match? Will "Stone Cold" Steve Austin be crowned the new World Wrestling Federation Champion? Or will the greatest WWF Champion of all time, The Undertaker continue to dominate the WWF? Who will win tonight's twenty men battle royal? Nobody, And I mean nobody does Pay Per View like the WWF. And we're going to start off the night with the first Semi Final round match up. It'll be Hollywood Holly taking on "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty!

Hollywood Holly with Chris Kanyon Vs. "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty

Referee- Charles Robinson

Marty Jannetty made it here tonight by defeating Jerry "The King" Lawler and Al Snow. Hollywood Holly defeated Chavo Guerrero and Goldust. Not the best of matches here, But the crowd was interested. McMahon and Hendrix kept stressing the fact that the winner of this match would still have to wrestle later on in the night, Saying that both men would want to finish this one off as soon as possible. Chris Kanyon came down to the ring in a wheelchair, Playing off the beating he received this past Friday night. It's amazing to think that last year, Hollywood was just the same old Bob Holly who came down to the ring with that stupid smile on his face and never amounted to anything. Now, He's one of the top midcard heels in the company. The same can be said for Marty Jannetty, Who seems to have turned his life around for the better after last year's rehab stint. Hollywood started off posing and taunting the crowd, With Kanyon clapping from ringside. Jannetty didn't feel like waiting for Hollywood to pose and jumped Hollywood from behind with a drop kick, Sending Hollywood right out to the floor, Jannetty then followed up with a dive off the ropes to Hollywood on the outside. Kanyon wheeled himself near the action and pulled something out of his wheelchair, It was a pipe! Kanyon tried to hit Jannetty with it, But Jannetty grabbed the pipe and scored with a shot to Kanyon's face! Hollywood tried to sneak up on Jannetty, But Jannetty shoved him right into Kanyon, Pushing Kanyon and his wheelchair over! Jannetty rammed Hollywod into the steel steps and grabbed Kanyon's wheelchair and tossed it onto the stage. Kanyon crawled around on the ground, Acting like he couldn't stand up. Charles Robinson got fed up with Kanyon's shenanigans and told Kanyon to leave the ringside area! When Kanyon wouldn't leave and still acted like he couldn't walk, Referees came down from the back and carried Kanyon backstage. Jannetty had the upperhand as the match came into the ring. Jannetty scored several near falls over Hollywood and almost finished Hollywood off with a tornado DDT, But Hollywood had his foot on the ropes. When Jannetty attempted a hurricanrana, Hollywood countered with a vicious sitout powerbomb! Hollywood Holly worked over Jannetty, Looking like he was going to put away Jannetty several times. But Hollywood kept getting way too cocky for his own good and would stop and taunt the fans. Hollywood Holly was shocked when his big boot/legdrop combo only got a one count from the referee and he started throwing a fit, Gaining laughter from some of the fans. Hendrix questioned how someone would be put away by a big boot and a legdrop. Hollywood Holly slammed Jannetty down and went up top. Hollywood again posed up on the top turnbuckle, Allowing Jannetty to stand up and shake the ropes, Causing Hollywood to lose his balance. Jannetty went up top with Hollywood and delivered a big time hurricanrana to Hollywood! Both men got up at the count of seven with Jannetty going crazy on Hollywood. Jannetty picked up a few close near falls on Hollywood, But Hollywood would always find a way to kick out, Shocking the fans and the party boy. Hollywood even kicked out of a running enziguri kick from Jannetty. Marty Jannetty caught Hollywood with a super kick to the jaw, But instead of going for the cover, Jannetty went up top. Jannetty flew off the top with the Party Boy Dance (flying fistdrop) but only got a two count! Hollywood slowly started making it up to his feet. Jannetty came charging at him, But caught a huge drop kick to the face! Hollywood lifted Jannetty up and planted Jannetty with the Hollywood Slam! Hollywood covered and scored the one, two, three to head into the Finals!

The fans weren't happy and booed Hollywood as he posed on the turnbuckles. Hollywood headed to the back and at the backstage area, Kanyon jumped off his damaged wheelchair and hugged Hollywood.

Winner by Pin Fall: Hollywood Holly

74, 76, 70 *3/4

Marty Jannetty lost overness from this match.

Vince McMahon- Hollywood Holly has just defeated Marty Jannetty! What a match! I thought for sure we'd see Marty Jannetty pick up the win, But it looks like Hollywood Holly is heading into the finals. And did you see Kanyon? He's not hurt! It's just an act! When is he actually going to get into the ring? Chris Kanyon is just faking a knee injury and everyone knows it. I can't believe the Commissioner lets Kanyon get away with this sort of behavior.

Dok Hendrix- What are you talking about? Did you see him? Kanyon got destroyed by Jannetty! I wouldn't be surprised if Kanyon sued the company. He was just strolling at ringside in his wheelchair and that moron attacked him! Marty Jannetty is a Neanderthal! He had no business attacking Chris Kanyon. Kanyon has a very serious knee injury and thanks to Jannetty, He might be in the shelf a little longer. Poor Kanyon. He was one of wrestlings hottest young stars, But a knee injury has put him on the shelf.

Vince McMahon- In any event, Hollywood Holly heads to the finals. But who will he face? Will it be Duke Droese? Or will it be D'Lo Brown? D'Lo Brown has overcome all of the obstacles put in front of him to make it to the Semi Finals, But will his luck run out? Will Duke Droese's winning streak continue here tonight?

Dok Hendrix- Oh, It'll run out all right. D'Lo Brown might have made this far, But Duke Droese has bought his way right to the Semi Finals. Besides, You know how much the Commissioner hates D'Lo Brown. Rick Rude's mission in life is to make sure D'Lo Brown does not win this year's King Of The Ring tournament. D'Lo Brown might have made it this far, But he won't go any further.

Vince McMahon- This should be a great athletic contest between two of the brightest young WWF Superstars. Who will make it to the Finals to face Hollywood Holly?

D'Lo Brown Vs. Duke "The Money Maker" Droese with Dawn Marie

Referee- Teddy Long

Duke Droese made it to the Semi Finals by picking up wins over tournament favorites, Mark Henry and Sean Waltman in huge shockers. D'Lo Brown shocked the world by defeating Mr. Yokozuna and Alex Wright to make it here. So both men made it here against all odds. Even though Droese cheated and bought his way here. McMahon and Hendrix noticed that Monty Davidson wasn't the referee here due to him being the referee for the WWF Championship match between The Undertaker and Steve Austin. William Regal was shown watching from the back without Rude there. McMahon asked if Rude was somewhere else with the newest member of his Administration. Duke Droese jumped at D'Lo right from the get go to try to take advantage of D'Lo's injuries. Both men exchanged blows and wound up on the outside where they continued fighting a even battle until D'Lo sent Droese into the steel steps and rammed Droese head first into the steel steps. Dawn Marie tried to hit D'Lo with Droese's briefcase, But D'Lo grabbed it away from her and tossed it into the ring. Teddy Long, Much like Charles Robinson did, Ordered the manager to the back! Dawn Marie threw a fit and eventually went to the back. D'Lo and Droese went back into the ring where Droese caught D'Lo with a high knee to turn the tide his way. Droese choked D'Lo down on the ropes and worked over D'Lo's back. Droese rammed D'Lo back first into the turnbuckles several times and choked down D'Lo with his boot. Droese pounded down on D'Lo, Looking like he was going to put D'Lo away a few times. D'Lo made a early comeback and tried to clothesline Droese out to the floor, But Droese countered and back dropped D'Lo out of the ring, With D'Lo's injured back hitting the mats. Droese beat down D'Lo on the outside, Sending D'Lo back first into the steel steps and ring post. Droese even suplexed D'Lo on the padded floor. Droese put D'Lo back into the ring and came off the top with a double ax handle to D'Lo for a hot near fall. Droese choked away on D'Lo and used every under handed tactic he could think of to try to put D'Lo away, But D'Lo kept fighting back, Getting the crowd behind him. Droese went for the Money Compactor, But D'Lo slipped out of it and delivered a big DDT to Droese. Both men got up at the count of five and D'Lo started nailing Droese with right hands. D'Lo back dropped Droese and followed up with a spinning heel kick to the tip of the jaw of Droese's for a near fall. D'Lo Brown continued coming at Droese with everything he had, Even connecting with the Sky High, But Droese somehow kicked out. D'Lo Brown went for a clothesline, But Droese countered and sent D'Lo right into Teddy Long in the corner! With Long down, Droese grabbed his briefcase and nailed D'Lo over the head with it! Droese threw the briefcase down and covered D'Lo. Long slowly came to and made the two count! D'Lo had kicked out! Droese couldn't believe it! Droese grabbed the briefcase and went to hit D'Lo again, But Teddy Long pulled it away from Droese! Droese started yelling at Long and didn't notice D'Lo sneak up behind him. When Droese turned around, D'Lo connected with another Sky High and got the big win!

Before D'Lo could celebrate his win, Duke Droese grabbed his briefcase and nailed D'Lo with a shot to the back of the head! The crowd booed as Droese held his briefcase up and D'Lo Brown was left out cold. Droese headed to the back while Teddy Long checked on D'Lo, Who looked to be out cold. William Regal watched on from the back with a sly smile on his face.

Winner by Pin Fall: D'Lo Brown

76, 74, 78 **1\2

Vince McMahon- D'Lo Brown has done it! D'Lo Brown has defeated Duke Droese! D'Lo is heading into the finals! And will D'Lo Brown become the 1997 King Of The Ring? Will we see D'Lo Brown win tonight's match against Hollywood Holly? D'Lo Brown's career has really sky rocketed this year! He holds wins over Billy Gunn, Steve Austin, Mr. Yokozuna, Alex Wright and now, Duke Droese!

Dok Hendrix- Calm down McMahon! Didn't you just see Droese paste D'Lo right over the back of the head with that briefcase? That's two times that D'Lo's been nailed with that briefcase in one night. He's gotta have a concussion. And if he is injured, Then I wouldn't pick him tonight. He stands no chance against Hollywood Holly.

Vince McMahon- You could be right. That was quite the dastardly act by Duke Droese. Droese lost fair and square tonight. He shouldn't have nailed D'Lo Brown over the back of the head with that briefcase. D'Lo Brown could be seriously injured. And if D'Lo is injured, Then Hollywood Holly could very well win this year's tournament.

Dok Hendrix- Duke Droese, In my opinion, Has just made sure D'Lo Brown doesn't win tonight's tournament. Hell, I doubt D'Lo will even make it to the ring later tonight. And did you see the smile on Regal's face?

Vince McMahon- Fans, Up next, It'll be a no holds barred match up. It'll be Vader taking on British Bulldog. And there's alot on the line here. The winner will make it to tonight's twenty men over the top rope battle royal. And who will win this match up? We've seen Vader and Bulldog go at it all over the place for the past few weeks. And lets not forget Bulldog rammed Vader head first through a car window, Causing Vader to have one of his eyes patched up. Will that play a factor tonight?

Dok Hendrix- Of course it will. Vader might be as tough as they come, But you can't win a match with only one eye. Vader's gonna have a hard time seeing. How will he be able to avoid Bulldog's blows when he can only see out of one eye? Vader is in deep trouble tonight. Ha! Ha! Ha!

No Holds Barred Match

Referee- Jack Doan

These two men put on a solid match up here that went around eleven minutes. The crowd was hot for this bout, With Vader receiving one of the biggest pops of the night. McMahon and Hendrix talked about how the winner would still have to wrestle later on tonight in the battle royal, And questioned if they would be in any kind of shape to wrestle later on. Vader had his left eye bandaged up. Bulldog went right after Vader on top of the stage, But Vader knocked down Davey Boy Smith with a clothesline. Even with one eye, Vader put the hurting on Davey Boy Smith. Vader grabbed Bulldog and slammed Bulldog on top of the steel stage! Vader and Bulldog made their way down the entrance way, Where Vader suplexed Bulldog! Vader then tossed Bulldog out into the crowd and went after Bulldog! Both men brawled through the crowd for several minutes. Vader used a fans cup and nailed Bulldog with it. Vader also got a crutch from a fan and broke it over Bulldog's back. They made their way to the ringside area after Vader tossed Bulldog from the guardrail. At the ringside area, Bulldog caught a break when he raked Vader in his injured eye. Bulldog then grabbed the ring bell and hit Vader with a shot to the head! Bulldog rolled Vader back inside the ring and brought a steel chair to the ring. Bulldog nailed Vader with shots to the back and even suplexed Vader onto the chair, But Vader somehow kicked out. At one point, Davey Boy Smith pulled a leather strap out from under the ring and started to whip Vader with it time and time again. Bulldog even choked down Vader with the leather strap, But the man they call Vader kept fighting back. Bulldog even worked over Vader's injured eye, But the big man wouldn't give up. Bulldog, After delivering a thunderous superplex from the top turnbuckle to Vader, Called for the Running Powerslam. Bulldog lifted Vader up and scooped Vader up. Bulldog went for the Running Powerslam, But Vader slipped out of it and sent Bulldog into the exposed steel turnbuckle (which Bulldog had exposed early in the bout) in the corner! Vader made the comeback, Running down Bulldog with a series of clotheslines. Vader powerbombed Bulldog and delivered the Vader Bomb to Davey Boy Smith, But Bulldog somehow kicked out! Vader lifted Bulldog up and positioned Bulldog up for another powerbomb, But Bulldog nailed Vader with a low blow! Bulldog then raked Vader in his injured eye. Bulldog came off the ropes attempting a clothesline, But Vader countered and back dropped Bulldog! Vader grabbed Bulldog and rammed Bulldog's head into the exposed steel turnbuckle ten times, Knocking out Bulldog! With Bulldog out cold, Vader went up top and came off the top with a huge moonsault to Bulldog. Vader covered Bulldog and got the one, two, three!

Vader celebrated his win to a big pop from the fans. Bulldog was helped to the back while Vader shouted "it's time, It's Vader time" into the camera.

Winner by Pin Fall: Vader

83, 84, 81 ***

Vince McMahon- Vader has done it! With one eye, The man they call Vader has won! I can't believe it! What a match we just witnessed! Vader somehow defeated Davey Boy Smith, Who is pound for pound, One of the top wrestlers in the World Wrestling Federation. Vader is now entered in tonight's twenty men over the top rope battle royal. And will Vader be able to pull out the miracle win? Will Vader go to In Your House next month and challenge for the WWF Championship?

Dok Hendrix- Vader got lucky tonight. The Commissioner will not be happy over this. How could Davey Boy Smith lose to a man with one eye?

Vince McMahon- Because, Vader is one of the toughest wrestlers in this business. Even with one eye he was able to defeat Davey Boy Smith. Vader heads into tonight's battle royal. And fans, If you thought this something, Then you haven't seen anything yet! Up next, The WWF Tag Team Championship are on the line! The Godwinns, One of the greatest WWF Tag Team Champions of all time, Defend the titles against Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman.

Dok Hendrix- We're gonna have new champions tonight. No way are The Godwinns beating Benoit and Pillman tonight. No way! The Godwinns are a joke, And a disgrace to the WWF Tag Team title belts! Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman are real wrestlers, And they want their titles back.

Vince McMahon- What? How dare you make those comments about The Godwinns? They're one of the best tag teams in wrestling! And fans, This one has been a heated rivalry. What will happen when the champions square off against the angry team of Benoit and Pillman? The Godwinns are one of the most talented tag teams in the WWF, But will they retain the titles?

The Godwinns© with Hillbilly Jim Vs. Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman

Referee- Mike Chioda

McMahon's dreams for The Godwinns came crashing down right in front of his eyes. This match wasn't too long, Around eight minutes long, And during the match, The crowd turned on The Godwinns and booed the champions. Some fans, I guess, Didn't like having the two hog farmers shoved down their throats. The announcers didn't know how to explain the crowd reaction, And Hendrix had to say that the Rhode Island fans aren't too fund of people from Arkansas. Benoit and Pillman jumped the champions right from the get go. After pummeling the champions around the ringside area, Pillman and Benoit went after Hillbilly Jim and massacred Hillbilly Jim! They sent him into the steel steps head first numerous times, Busting Hillbilly Jim open! Hillbilly Jim had to be taken to the back to receive medical attention. This motivated the champions more, And they started to take the fight to the challengers. Benoit and Pillman isolated Phineous and took turns beating down Phineous. They chopped him in the corner and worked in front and behind the referee's back with double team maneuvers. Phineous tried getting to his corner several times, But the aggressive challengers pulled him away from Henry and continued giving him a vicious beating. Chris Benoit even got the Crippler Crossface in on Phineous, But Henry made the save. Benoit and Pillman ended up trying to double suplex Phineous, But Phineous countered and delivered a double DDT to both Benoit and Pillman. Phineous crawled to his corner and made the hot tag to Henry! McMahon was going nuts as Henry entered the ring and dished out some right hands to the challengers. Henry back dropped Benoit high in the air and powerslammed Pillman for a close near fall. The Godwinns got back into things and double clotheslined Benoit and nailed Pillman with a double back elbow shot to the face. Henry Godwinn tossed Benoit out to the floor and Phineous went out after Benoit. Benoit threw Phineous into the steel guardrail while Pillman fought Henry in the ring. Henry nailed Pillman with a shot to the ribs and tried to finish him off with the Slop Drop, But Benoit got up on the apron. Henry tossed Pillman aside and decked Benoit off the apron. When Henry turned around, Pillman took him down to the canvas and applied a arm bar type maneuver to Henry's arm. Henry tried making it to the ropes, But Benoit came into the ring and applied the Crippler Crossface at the same time Pillman had Henry in his arm bar type maneuver. Henry quickly tapped out!

Benoit and Pillman didn't let go of the hold until the referee threatened to turn the decision. The new champions were awarded their titles and posed with it to a mixed crowd reaction. Phineous came into the ring to check on Henry and got jumped by Benoit and Pillman! Pillman nailed Phineous over the head with his title! Benoit applied the Crippler Crossface to Henry while Pillman dropped his title down. Pillman lifted Phineous up and planted Phineous with a DDT right onto the title belt! Benoit let go of Henry and he and Pillman stood over the former champions. The new champions headed to the back, Holding the titles high in the air.

Winners by Pin Fall and NEW World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Champions: Chris Benoit and Brian Pillman

77, 75, 80 **3/4

The WWF Tag Team titles have gained in image.

Vince McMahon- What horrible actions by Benoit and Pillman! They've destroyed The Godwinns! They've destroyed Hillbilly Jim! I can't believe it! The Godwinns might have lost this battle, But the war is not over! Benoit and Pillman will pay for their actions tonight. I'm sure The Godwinns will be granted a shot at Benoit and Pillman. And when that match happens, I'm sure we'll see Benoit and Pillman get what they have coming.

Dok Hendrix- Vinnie, Get over it. Benoit and Pillman are the top tag team in 1997. They are the champions, And they will remain champions for a very long time to come. Hillbilly Jim and his two goons got what they had coming! Ha! Ha! Ha! New champs, Baby!

Vince McMahon- Dok Hendrix, Anything can happen in the WWF, And we know The Godwinns will want revenge after what happened here. And fans, If you enjoy the fast action of the Light Heavyweight wrestlers, You'll enjoy the next match up. It'll be Chavo Guerrero, The WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, Defending the title against Brian Christopher.

The Light Heavyweight sensation comes, Who is the man behind the mask? The countdown is on, 64 days............

Referee- Tim White

Pretty good crowd for this match up here. Christopher got himself some decent heat with all his posing and taunting of the crowd. Chavo seems to be getting over. The match wasn't all that special, As neither men seemed to work too well together. The announcers paid attention to most of the match, With McMahon saying that the Light Heavyweights in the WWF are the best in the world. Chavo Guerrero went to hand his title over to White, But Christopher snatched it from him and started to pose with it. Chavo didn't like that one bit and nailed Christopher with a right hand. Both men started off exchanging near falls and counter holds, With Christopher surprisingly out wrestling the champion. Christopher tossed Chavo out to the apron, But didn't notice Chavo didn't fall out to the floor. When he turned around, Chavo came spring boarding off the ropes with a missile drop kick to Christopher's face, Sending Christopher out to the floor. Chavo then showed some high risk offense with a plancha to Christopher to the outside. The match soon turned to Christopher's favor after he caught Chavo coming off the apron attempting a cross body, Only to get powerslammed on the floor by Christopher. Christopher didn't stop one bit and rammed Chavo back first into the steel ring post and sent Chavo into the steel steps. Back inside the ring they went, And Christopher continued pounding away on the champion. Christopher used chokes and kicks to Chavo in the corner, And almost picked up the win with a sitout powerbomb. Christopher's cockiness was what kept stopping him from becoming champion, As he'd stop and pose or taunt the crowd. Brian Christopher looked like he was on his way to victory after drilling Chavo with a super kick, But instead of covering Chavo, Christopher went up top. Christopher came flying off the top with the Tennessee Jam, But got nothing but canvas! Chavo made the comeback, Getting the fans behind him. Chavo took down Christopher with a pair of flying head scissors and then started picking up several quick near falls over Christopher. Chavo Guerrero was able to deliver the Brainbuster to Christopher and went up top. Chavo came flying off the top and connected with the Frog Splash. Chavo covered Christopher and only got two! Christopher had his foot on the ropes. Chavo continued taking the fight to Christopher. Hakushi was shown making his way down the isle. The announcers wondered what he wanted as Christopher and Chavo were up on the top turnbuckle. Chavo took a insane bump, Taking a suplex from Christopher, Out to the floor! Christopher was on the middle turnbuckles and suplexed Chavo off of it! Hakushi then showed up at the ringside area. Christopher rolled Chavo back into the ring. Christopher headed up top. Christopher came flying off the top attempting a elbow drop, But Chavo moved out of the way! Both men slowly got up and Christopher took Chavo down with a DDT. Hakushi got up on the apron and as Christopher turned around, Hakushi spit red mist right into Christopher's face without Tim White seeing! A blinded Christopher walked right into a roll up from Chavo, Giving Chavo the three count!

Hakushi entered the ring and started putting the boots to Christopher. Chavo pulled Hakushi off of Christopher and started yelling at Hakushi, Not appreciating Hakushi's interference. Chavo obviously felt he didn't need Hakushi's help. Hakushi looked at Chavo and said something to Chavo in Japanese. Tim White went to hand Chavo the Light Heavyweight Championship, But Hakushi snatched it away from him and spit red mist into White's face! Chavo went to check on the referee, But Hakushi pulled Chavo away from White and stared down Chavo. Chavo looked ready for a fight, But Hakushi handed Chavo his title. Hakushi then slapped Chavo across the face before leaving the ring.

Winner by Pin Fall and STILL World Wrestling Federation Light Heavyweight Champion: Chavo Guerrero

72, 66, 78 **1/4

The WWF Light Heavyweight title has gained in image.

Vince McMahon- Why did Hakushi interfere in this match? I don't get it. He didn't have anything to do with this match up. Chavo Guerrero obviously feels he had things well in hand, But we'll never know who would have won this match. And why did Hakushi spit that red mist into Tim White's eyes? What did a fine gentleman like Tim White ever do to Hakushi?

Dok Hendrix- It's obvious Brian Christopher was going to become the new champion. Hakushi had no business meddling in this match, But he's earned my respect by misting Tim White. That was awesome!

Vince McMahon- It certainly wasn't. Tim White might have some serious eye damage. Fans, Up next, It'll be the twenty men over the top rope battle royal. The winner of this match will go to next month's In Your House event on July 13th to fight for the WWF Championship. Which man will be the last man standing when this match is over with?

Featuring- Kevin Nash, Hunter Hearst Helmsley, Mr. Yokozuna, Rick Martel, Ken Shamrock, Scott Hall, Mark Henry, Sycho Sid, Jacobs, Brian Adams, Brian Lee, Billy Gunn, Kama Mustafa, Terry Funk, Rocky Maivia, Al Snow, Alex Wright, Sean Waltman, Goldust and Vader

Referees- Chad Patton, Charles Robinson, Earl Hebner, Jack Doan, Mike Chioda, Mike Sparks and Teddy Long

The winner of this match will face the WWF Champion at In Your House "Canada Vs. The World" on July 13th. Terry Funk set up a table at ringside and entered the ring with a steel chair. Managers were not allowed at ringside.

Elimination #1

(Terry Funk by Jacobs)- Funk's first target was the favorite on winning the battle royal, Jacobs. Funk nailed Jacobs from behind with a shot to the back and hit Jacobs with the steel chair several times over the back. Jacobs felt nothing, But Funk kept nailing Jacobs with chair shots. Jacobs took shots to the back, ribs and to the head, But nothing would put him down! Funk came running at Jacobs with the chair, But Jacobs booted the chair right into Funk's face! Jacobs then lifted Funk up by the throat and choke slammed Funk out of the ring, Right through the table Funk had set up! Paramedics came down to the ringside area to check on Funk and help him to the back.

Elimination #2

(Sycho Sid by Mark Henry)- The two heated rivals went at it right from the moment the bell rang. Both these two hosses slugged away at each other and neared the ropes. Mark Henry backed Sid into the corner and started to punch away at Sid. Henry tried to bundle Sid out, But Sid raked Henry in the eyes. Sid then grabbed Henry by the throat and went for the choke slam, But Henry countered with a back elbow to Sid's face! Henry then grabbed Sid and threw Sid right over the top rope to eliminate Sid! Sid tried coming back into the ring to go after Henry, But officials held him back and he was forced to the back by road agents.

Elimination #3

(Mark Henry by Jacobs)- Mark Henry, After eliminating Sid, Went after Jacobs. Henry took it to the monster Jacobs, Punching Jacobs in the face several times. But nothing seemed to have an affect on Jacobs. Henry sent Jacobs into the corner and avalanched Jacobs three times, But again, Jacobs didn't feel a thing! Henry powerslammed Jacobs, But he got right back up! Henry tried to press slam Jacobs, But Jacobs escaped and landed on his feet. When Henry turned around, Jacobs grabbed by the throat, And with one hand, Jacobs threw Henry to the outside!

Elimination #4

(Mr. Yokozuna by Kevin Nash)- Mr. Yokozuna and Nash had been working together during the battle royal. Then, Mr. Yokozuna decided to sneak up on Nash and tried to eliminate Nash. It didn't work, And Nash went nuts on Mr. Yokozuna, Nailing Mr. Yokozuna with right hands and tossing his fellow Rude Administration member into the corner. Nash nailed Yokozuna with elbows and knee shots before grabbing Mr. Yokozuna and bundling him right out to the floor! Hendrix yelled that the Commissioner would not be happy.

Elimination #5

(Kama Mustafa by Jacobs)- Kama Mustafa attempted to toss out Jacobs, But didn't even come close to it. Kama connected with a few vicious kicks to Jacobs, But it had no affect on the big hoss. Jacobs, In one quick motion, Booted Kama in the face, Sending Kama over the top rope! The announcers were in shock over Jacobs' dominance over the supreme fighting machine.

Elimination #6

(Scott Hall by Kevin Nash)- Scott Hall, One of the favorites of winning this battle royal, Was eliminated early on. Hall, Who had won a battle royal a few weeks ago by eliminating Nash, Wasn't so lucky here. Scott Hall rocked down one of the greatest WWF Champions of all time with right hands, But Nash wouldn't stay down. Scott Hall planted Nash with a kick to the gut and tried to deliver the Outsider's Edge, But Nash countered and back dropped Hall right over the top rope!

Elimination #7

(Hunter Hearst Helmsley by Goldust)- Just as he promised, Goldust helped Helmsley out through out the match. Helmsley had Brian Adams in the corner and was trying to eliminate Adams, But Adams hung onto the ropes. Helmsley continued trying, And didn't notice Goldust sneak up behind him and push Helmsley right out to the floor! When Helmsley had realized what happened, He started throwing a fit and yelled at Goldust. Goldust said "this is the test". Helmsley just went to the back, Not happy one bit.

Elimination #8

(Brian Adams by Jacobs)- Brian Adams was another unfortunate victim here. Adams connected with right hands to Jacobs' face and even booted Jacobs down, But Jacobs kept getting up from everything thrown at him. Adams then went for the Heart Punch, But as he went to punch Jacobs in the heart, Jacobs grabbed Adams by his fist! Jacobs rammed Adams into the corner and then tossed Adams to the outside!

Elimination #9

(Rocky Maivia by Ken Shamrock and Rick Martel)- These three men were all fighting each other. Maivia knocked down Martel and Shamrock with right hands. But the rookie got too cocky and tried to deliver a double TGS to both Martel and Shamrock, But Martel and Shamrock countered and tossed Maivia out to the floor! Maivia was furious over being eliminated and tried to come back into the ring, But he was forced to the back.

Elimination #10

(Billy Gunn by Kevin Nash)- Billy Gunn did pretty well for himself until he crossed paths with the genetic wonder. Kevin Nash booted Billy Gunn in the face, Sending Billy Gunn right over the top rope.

Elimination #11

(Vader by Jacobs)- The man they call Vader, Much like everyone else, Focused on Jacobs. Vader actually dominated Jacobs with right hands in the corner, But due to him already being tired of a match earlier in the night, And the fact that he could only see out of one eye, He stood no chance. Even as he pounded on Jacobs, Everyone knew what was on the way. Jacobs raked Vader on his injured eye and grabbed Vader by the throat. Jacobs choke slammed Vader with one hand and then tossed Vader to the outside!

Elimination #12

(Kevin Nash by Sean Waltman)- Kevin Nash pounded away on the smaller and injured Sean Waltman. Waltman took a beating like a dog here. Kevin Nash destroyed Waltman with knee shots in the corner and almost decapitated Waltman with a short arm clothesline. Kevin Nash finished Waltman off with a huge Jackknife Powerbomb, But he wasn't content on just one Jackknife. Nash lifted Waltman up and went for another Jackknife, But Waltman escaped and connected with a spinning heel kick to Nash, Sending Nash over the top rope! Waltman had just eliminated Nash! Kevin Nash couldn't believe it! Nash looked at Waltman, Who was down on the canvas. Nash got up on the apron and thought about coming back into the ring, But then, He got off the apron! Kevin Nash walked away. McMahon said that maybe Waltman has earned Nash's respect.

Elimination #13

(Alex Wright by Jacobs)- The WWF European Champion tried his luck against the monster Jacobs, But Jacobs just grabbed Wright and tossed Wright right over the top rope with ease. Jacobs stood in the ring and dared Wright to come back for some more, But the WWF European Champion headed to the back, Shouting at the crowd in German.

Elimination #14

(Brian Lee by Jacobs)- Brian Lee somehow lasted during this battle royal. Lee went after Jacobs after Jacobs eliminated Alex Wright and punched Jacobs down. The announcers were in shock as Lee dominated the big man in the corner. Lee took down Jacobs with the Life Sentence, But Jacobs got up from it. Lee came charging at Jacobs, But Jacobs grabbed Lee and tossed Lee to the outside!

Elimination #15

(Jacobs by Goldust, Sean Waltman, Al Snow, Ken Shamrock and Rick Martel)- Everyone realized that alone they couldn't get it done, So they all went after Jacobs! Jacobs was able to fight them off, But soon, The numbers caught up with him and they all bundled Jacobs out!

Jacobs got up on the outside and came back into the ring! Jacobs grabbed Goldust and choke slammed Goldust! Sean Waltman was next, And took a Powerbomb To Hell! Snow got choke slammed! Shamrock tried his luck, But got a choke slam! Martel quickly rolled to the outside under the bottom the ropes to avoid a beating! Jacobs left the ring to a mixed reaction from the crowd while Martel slowly came back in.

Elimination #16

(Goldust by Rick Martel)- Goldust, After getting choke slammed by Jacobs, Slowly got up. Martel quickly ran right over Goldust with a clothesline, Sending Goldust out to the floor! Martel got cocky and started posing and mocking Goldust.

Elimination #17

(Sean Waltman by Rick Martel)- Sean Waltman caught Martel with a nasty spinning back heel kick. Waltman delivered a bronco buster to Martel in the corner and set up Martel for something. Waltman came charging at Martel as Martel was slumped on the ropes, But Martel back dropped Waltman right out to the floor!

Elimination #18

(Al Snow by Ken Shamrock)- It was a three way battle between Martel, Snow and Shamrock. Al Snow went wild on both men with a series of suplexes. Snow super kicked Martel, Causing Martel to land on the apron. Before Snow could eliminate Martel, Shamrock nailed Snow with a clothesline from behind, Sending Snow to the outside!

Elimination #19

(Ken Shamrock by Rick Martel)- We were down to two men. Shamrock went crazy on Martel, Connecting with right hands and taking down Martel with a vicious kick. Shamrock followed up with a hurricanrana take over and delivered a huge belly to belly suplex to Martel. Shamrock then applied the Ankle Lock to Martel, Who was tapping out like a drunk man! The fans cheers turned into a mixed reaction as Rocky Maivia came down from the back with a steel chair in hand. Maivia tried to enter the ring, But the referees held him back. Shamrock let go of the Ankle Lock and went over to Maivia. Both men started arguing, Martel got up and snuck up behind Shamrock, Bundling Shamrock right out to the floor to win this match!

Rick Martel fled the ring as his music played. Martel posed on top of the stage like he just won the WWF Championship. Maivia entered the ring and called Martel on down for a fight, But before Martel could accept, Shamrock attacked Maivia from behind! Both men started trading blows and rolled around on the canvas. Officials had to pull apart both Maivia and Shamrock. Martel watched on from the top of the stage and laughed.

Winner: Rick Martel

78, 83, 68 *3/4

Vince McMahon- Rick Martel has won it! Thanks to Rocky Maivia! Why did Rocky meddle in this? Why couldn't Rocky have left it alone? I think Ken Shamrock would have won if it wasn't for Maivia!

Dok Hendrix- Because Shamrock turned on him and tossed him out alongside Martel! That's why Rocky got involved. Rick Martel has overcome the odds and won this thing! Rick Martel is the king of the ring tonight! Rick Martel's going to In Your House next month to fight for the WWF Championship!

Vince McMahon- Rick Martel now has a one way ticket to next month's In Your House event. And will Rick Martel become the new World Wrestling Federation Champion next month? And what about Jacobs' dominance in this battle royal?

Dok Hendrix- Jacobs is the man Vinnie. He dominated everyone until they all ganged up on him. It took five men to eliminate Jacobs. And he came back into the ring and choke slammed everyone in his way! Jacobs is a demon!

Vince McMahon- Jacobs certainly dominated the men in this battle royal tonight. But he did not win it. Rick Martel is the winner. Rick Martel will fight for the WWF Championship next month. Up next, It's the King Of The Ring finals. Who will win this year's tournament? We're down to two men. D'Lo Brown and Hollywood Holly. And what kind of shape is D'Lo in after getting nailed over the back of the head by Duke Droese's briefcase?

Dok Hendrix- Hollywood Holly is taking it. The odds are against D'Lo Brown tonight. He stands no chance of becoming the 1997 King Of The Ring.

Edited by Baby Hewey

D'Lo Brown Vs. Hollywood Holly

Referee- Jim Korderas

This is it. The winner of this match will become the 1997 King Of The Ring winner and get the pushes previous King Of The Ring winners got. The crowd was hot for this match. Both D'Lo Brown and Hollywood Holly are top midcarders in the WWF and could be moving into the upper midcard area soon. Hollywood Holly came down to the ring without Chris Kanyon, But he had a big smile on his face. Hendrix said Hollywood was extra confident, Especially since D'Lo took a beating earlier in the night. D'Lo Brown came walking down to the ring holding the back of his head. McMahon and Hendrix stressed the fact that D'Lo Brown cannot be at one hundred percent. Hollywood jumped D'Lo right off the bat. Hollywood started off choking and kicking D'Lo in the corner. Kanyon was shown watching from the back, Laying down on a leather couch while a paramedic looked over his leg. D'Lo Brown was able to fight back and tossed Hollywood out to the floor. D'Lo went up to the top rope and jumped off attempting a double ax handle to Hollywood, But Hollywood moved out of the way and D'Lo crashed and burned on the steel guardrail. Hollywood Holly was relentless and jumped D'Lo on the outside. He sent D'Lo into the steel guardrail and dropped D'Lo across the steel. Hollywood even rammed D'Lo head first into the steel ring post. Hollywood controlled D'Lo back in the ring with power moves. Hollywood ran down D'Lo with several clotheslines and delivered a big suplex to D'Lo for near falls. Hollywood even connected with the big boot/legdrop combo, But D'Lo somehow kicked out. Hollywood Holly kept taking the fight to D'Lo. The announcers hyped what a big deal winning the King Of The Ring was and talked about past winners. They mentioned Bret Hart, Owen Hart and Hunter Hearst Helmsley. No Mabel though. Hollywood Holly was able to drive D'Lo down to the canvas with the Hollywood Slam, But D'Lo somehow kicked out. The crowd started chanting for D'Lo while Hollywood argued with the referee. D'Lo slowly got up to his feet and as Hollywood came at him, D'Lo fought back and connected with right hands to Hollywood's face. D'Lo Brown went crazy on Hollywood with his right hands. D'Lo was able to send Hollywood into the ropes and catch Hollywood with a tilt a whirl slam, Followed up by a legdrop. The match got intense with D'Lo dishing out everything at Hollywood, Even the Sky High, But Hollywood somehow kicked out. D'Lo Brown came off the ropes at Hollywood, But caught a huge drop kick, Just like Jannetty earlier in the night! Hollywood lifted D'Lo's lifeless body up and placed D'Lo up on the top turnbuckle. Hollywood went up top with D'Lo and tried to superplex D'Lo, But D'Lo shoved Hollywood off the top turnbuckle and came flying off the top turnbuckle with the Lo Down to Hollywood! D'Lo Brown covered Hollywood and picked up the one, two, three!

The crowd cheered as D'Lo's music began to play and he was announced as the King Of The Ring. D'Lo Brown had his hand raised high in the air and celebrated his win. D'Lo Brown posed on the turnbuckles, Pointing to the King Of The Ring banner on the rafters.

Winner by Pin Fall: D'Lo Brown

75, 74, 76 **1/4

Vince McMahon- D'Lo Brown has done it! What a moment! D'Lo Brown is the 1997 King Of The Ring! D'Lo Brown has overcome the odds to win this year's tournament! He had a huge bull's eye on his chest, But somehow, Somehow, He overcame everything thrown at him. He was injured at the hands of Mr. Yokozuna, He overcame Alex Wright, He beat Duke Droese and even got beat down after the match, But he somehow managed to overcome all of that and he defeated Hollywood Holly tonight!

Dok Hendrix- I cannot believe this! How did D'Lo Brown beat Hollywood Holly? How? He got nailed upside the head earlier in the night! How did he do it? This isn't possible! Tell me D'Lo Brown is not this year's King Of The Ring winner!

Vince McMahon- He certainly is. D'Lo Brown overcame everything thrown at him to win this year's tournament. And you know Commissioner Rick Rude and William Regal will not be happy men. Rick Rude must be beside himself seeing D'Lo Brown coming out on top tonight. D'Lo Brown somehow managed to fight against all odds. And we're down to our two main events. The first one will be for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. The Undertaker, The greatest World Wrestling Federation Champion of all time, Defends the title against the psychotic "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. And who will walk away with the WWF Championship?

Referee- Monty Davidson

Match of the year candidate from these two men here. This is the third straight PPV where Austin has been in a match of the year candidate. Steve Austin came down to the ring to the biggest heat of the night. The crowd just went crazy with the "Austin sucks" chants. The Undertaker, On the other hand, Walked down from the back with Paul Bearer by his side to the biggest ovation of the night. Monty Davidson got up in the face of The Undertaker and snatched the title away from the champion. Davidson then handed the title over to Austin and started checking The Undertaker for illegal objects. When he couldn't find any, Davidson told Bearer to go to the back! Davidson claimed that the urn was a illegal object and Bearer had to go! Bearer went, And Austin quickly attacked Undertaker from behind with the WWF Championship. Austin hit The Undertaker over the back of the head with the WWF Championship and started pounding on the champion in the corner. The Undertaker felt nothing from Austin's attacks and with one hand, Undertaker tossed Austin right out to the floor! Undertaker went outside after Austin and both men got into a physical brawl out on the floor. The Undertaker kicked Austin's ass all over the ringside area, Tossing Austin into the announce table, Sending Austin into the steel ring post and sending Austin into the steel steps. Undertaker tossed Austin out into the crowd and did a running suicide dive like maneuver from ringside, Coming right over the guardrail to Austin out on the crowd! Both men brawled through out the crowd with Undertaker still beating down Austin. Austin was able to get the advantage when Undertaker tried to piledrive Austin out on the concrete floor, But Austin countered with a back drop. Both men then made their way to the stage. Austin clotheslined Undertaker down on the steel stage and stomped down on the champion. The crazed Austin pulled Undertaker up and suplexed Undertaker on the steel! Austin and Undertaker fought down the ramp way where Austin came charging at Undertaker, Only to get back dropped! But Austin soon took control of the match when he countered a Irish whip from Undertaker, Causing Undertaker to hit the steel steps. Austin rammed Undertaker head first into the steel steps several times and rammed Undertaker into the steel post. When they came back into the ring, Austin controlled the match. Austin worked over Undertaker's back and dropped several elbows to the back of the champion. Austin targeted Undertaker's back like a pro and used suplexes and wore down Undertaker with submission holds like a Boston Crab and camel clutch. The Undertaker wouldn't give up and kept fighting back. Monty Davidson, Whenever The Undertaker was in a submission hold, Would yell at Undertaker to give it up. Austin picked up a extremely close near fall over the champion after delivering a superplex off the top turnbuckle, But Undertaker somehow kicked out. Undertaker made the comeback when Austin tried to go for the Stone Cold Stunner, But he countered and shoved Austin into the ropes. When Austin came off the ropes, He was met by a big boot to the face. Undertaker started fighting back and connected with his trademark moves, Getting the crowd going crazy. The Undertaker connected with the walk on the ropes and called for the Choke Slam. Austin stood up and Undertaker grabbed him by the throat. Before Undertaker could complete the maneuver, Monty Davidson kicked Undertaker's legs out from under him! Undertaker let go of Austin and turned his attention to the crooked referee. Undertaker grabbed Davidson and looked like he was going to Tombstone Davidson, But Austin nailed Undertaker with a low blow! Austin then delivered the Stone Cold Stunner to Undertaker! Davidson made the count, But Undertaker kicked out at two! The fans in the Civic Center were going nuts. Austin couldn't believe it. Austin went to the outside and brought a steel chair into the ring. Austin went to hit Undertaker in the face, But Undertaker booted the chair right into Austin's face! Austin was down on the canvas, Bleeding very badly. The Undertaker called for the Tombstone, But Davidson jumped on the back of the champion! Davidson tried to choke Undertaker down, But Undertaker dropped Davidson down! Undertaker had enough of Davidson and choke slammed Davidson! Austin pulled something out of his tights and wrapped it around his fist. Undertaker went to grab Austin, But got punched in the face! Undertaker fell down to the canvas, Knocked out cold! Austin had a pair of brass knuckles around his fist! Austin covered the champion, But there was no one to make the count. The fans booed as William Regal came running down to the ring wearing a referee shirt. Regal counted, But Undertaker kicked out at two! Regal and Austin could not believe it. Austin lifted Undertaker up and kicked Undertaker in the midsection. A bloodied Austin talked trash to Undertaker and went for the Stone Cold Stunner, But Undertaker sent Austin into the corner! Austin came out of the corner and Undertaker grabbed him around the throat. Undertaker lifted Austin up and choke slammed Austin! The Undertaker stared down Regal and motioned for the Tombstone. Austin stood up and Undertaker scooped him up. Undertaker planted Austin with the Tombstone! Undertaker covered Austin and Regal had no choice but to make the count! Three seconds later, And The Undertaker had retained the WWF Championship!

The fans in the Civic Center were going crazy. Regal went to the back shaking his head. The Undertaker was handed the WWF Championship and posed with it to a huge ovation from the fans.

Winner by Pin Fall and STILL World Wrestling Federation Champion: The Undertaker

96, 97, 97 ****3/4

Vince McMahon- What a match! The Undertaker has done it! He's overcome the odds! The Undertaker has been able to defeat Steve Austin! What a classic match this one was! Austin came so close, But in the end, The Undertaker is still the World Wrestling Federation Champion! The Undertaker is still on top of the mountain!

Dok Hendrix- Would you shut up? The Undertaker might be the champion, But Austin was screwed! What a bad night for the Administration! D'Lo Brown wins the King Of The Ring, And now, The Undertaker retains the WWF Championship! This isn't fair!

Vince McMahon- Regal's the one who made the count. Then again, If he didn't, I don't think we'd ever see William Regal ever again. And fans, It's time. It's time for the most anticipated match in professional wrestling history. It's time for the main event. It'll be Bret "The Hitman" Hart taking on the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels. We all know the story behind this one. And who will win this match? Who will have the bragging rights?

Dok Hendrix- This is it McMahon. This is the match everyone has been waiting to see. This is the reason these fans are all here. Who's gonna win it?

Vince McMahon- Fans, This rivalry is one of the greatest rivalries in the history of the WWF.

Referee- Earl Hebner

Finkel announced that this is now a no disqualification match up as ruled by Commissioner Rick Rude. Definitely a mixed crowd here. Both men came down to the ring to huge ovations from the crowd, But when the bell rang, The crowd chanted for both men. With no clear fan favorite. If there was a clear cut heel, Then the crowd would have been much better. McMahon kept calling this the most anticipated match in the history of professional wrestling. Which is what WCW hyped Sting versus Ultimate Warrior as. It worked well for both promotions as the buyrates for these two events have gone up from the previous months. This one was alot better than Sting/Warrior since both Hart and Michaels are two of the top wrestlers in the world right now. Both men had alot to live up to, Not only to their Wrestlemania XII match last year, But with the hype the WWF gave this match. Some fans might not like it since Austin/Undertaker was better, But this match is certainly one of the better matches this year. Shawn Michaels and Bret got into a long stare down at the beginning of the match. Lots of "HBK" and "Hitman" chants were heard. Michaels and Hart locked up and both men traded a few holds and counters holds. Hart out wrestled Michaels early on and went for the Sharpshooter, But Michaels grabbed the ropes. Michaels got up, Looking a bit embarrassed, But locked up with Hart again. This time, It was the "Heart Break Kid" out wrestling Hart. Michaels hip tossed Hart down and quickly went for Sweet Chin Music, But Hart ducked it. They continued trading holds and counters until they started trading quick near falls. The match got more aggressive when Michaels took Hart down, And as both men got up, Michaels slapped Hart across the face showing sheer arrogance. Hart responded by beating the snot out of Michaels with right hands. The wrestling had gone out the window and both men traded fierce right hands. Bret Hart was able to clothesline Michaels out to the floor and went right out after Michaels. Both men fought around the ringside area where Michaels sent Hart into the steel steps. Shawn Michaels showed a meaner side to himself as he rammed Hart's head into the steel post and followed up by ramming Hart's shoulder across the steel post. Michaels even choked down Hart with the camera cable. Hart wouldn't stay down though. When Michaels came off the apron attempting a clothesline, Hart caught Michaels and stun gunned Michaels across the steel guardrail. Hart then clotheslined Michaels out into the crowd, With the back of Michaels' head hitting the hard floor! They didn't get into a brawl out in the crowd, But Hart dropped Michaels groin first across the steel guardrail. It was now time for Bret Hart to do some damage, And he did. Hart rammed Michaels' knee into the steel steps and then took a steel chair and hit Michaels over the leg with it. They went back into the ring where both men slugged it out. Shawn Michaels caught Bret Hart with a DDT and picked up a near fall. Michaels controlled the match for awhile until he tried to hit Hart with Sweet Chin Music. Hart grabbed Michaels by the leg and clotheslined Michaels, Almost decapitating Michaels! Bret Hart started going to work over Michaels' leg, Getting a mixed reaction from the fans. Hart first jumped down on Michaels' leg and then wrapped it around the steel ring post. Bret Hart grabbed the steel chair and rammed it onto Michaels' leg several times. Bret Hart followed up by applying a figure four around the ring post to Michaels! Michaels somehow managed not to tap out. When Hart entered the ring, He continued pounding away on the injured Michaels. Loud boos were very noticeable as the excellence of execution picked apart Michaels. Hart showed no mercy as he took the fight to Michaels. Hart choked and kicked Michaels in the corner, And almost put Michaels away with a superplex. Hart wore down Michaels' back and legs and late in the match, He applied the Sharpshooter to Michaels. The fans chanted for Michaels, Who struggled to make it to the ropes. Michaels must have been in the Sharpshooter for around three minutes, But he wouldn't give it up. When Michaels made it to the ropes, The crowd went crazy. Bret Hart, On the other hand, Snapped and started shouting at the referee. Bret Hart wouldn't stop and kept going after Michaels. Bret Hart tossed Michaels right over the top rope and on the outside, Hart rammed Michaels back first into the steel ring post. Hart put Michaels back into the ring, And gained a few near falls over Michaels. The match went on with Hart dominating Michaels while the fans chanted for HBK. Bret Hart just kept taking it to Michaels, With McMahon saying that perhaps, Hart was taking it to Michaels in a much more aggressive way than he had earlier, Due to the crowd chanting for Michaels. Around the nineteen minute mark, Bret Hart sent Michaels to the ropes, But Michaels came off the ropes with a huge flying forearm to Hart's face. The fans knew what was next and chanted "HBK" as Michaels nipped up. Michaels was a house of fire and gave Hart a real beating. Shawn Michaels slammed Hart down and went up top. Michaels came flying off the top, But missed the elbow drop! Hart went right back to Michaels' legs and tried to apply the Sharpshooter, But Michaels countered and sent Hart to the outside through the middle ropes. Michaels slowly stood up and then headed upstairs. Bret Hart got up and Michaels came flying off the top with a huge dive to "The Hitman". Shawn Michaels decided to give Hart some punishment and sent Hart into the steel steps. Shawn Michaels then suplexed Hart on the padded floor. Shawn Michaels put Hart back inside the ring and picked up a few quick near falls on Hart. Shawn Michaels even came off the top with his moonsault to a standing Hart, But Hart somehow kicked out. Both men got into a fist fight and traded blows. Hart went low on Michaels and kicked Michaels' leg out from under him and applied another Sharpshooter to Michaels! Michaels, Again, After taking so much punishment, Made it to the ropes! Bret Hart went off the deep end and grabbed a steel chair from the outside. Hart put the chair down and delivered a piledriver to Michaels onto the chair, But Michaels kicked out. Nothing Hart did seemed to put Michaels away. Shawn Michaels made the second comeback and caught Hart with a back suplex. Shawn Michaels seemed more fired up than ever and chopped, Punched and choked Hart. Michaels came off the top with a high cross body to Hart, But Hart somehow kicked out. Shawn Michaels slammed Hart down and went up top. This time, Michaels connected with the elbow drop! Michaels went to the corner and started to tune up the band. The crowd was going nuts as Hart slowly got up. When he did, Michaels went for Sweet Chin Music, But Hart ducked it! Hart quickly took punched Michaels in the back and went to whip Michaels into the corner, But Michaels countered and sent Hart into the corner, Right into Hebner! Hart came out of the corner and Michaels drilled him with Sweet Chin Music! Michaels covered Hart, But there was no one to make the count. Shawn Michaels tried to revive Hebner, But the referee was down. Michaels then decided to finish off Hart. Instead of covering Hart, Michaels grabbed Hart by the legs and applied a Sharpshooter to Bret Hart! Bret Hart struggled but somehow countered and again, Applied the Sharpshooter to Michaels! Michaels grabbed the ropes, But with no referee to see it, Hart pulled Michaels to the center of the ring! Michaels screamed like hell and tried to escape, But there was no stopping Hart. Hebner finally got up and went to see if Michaels tapped out, But Michaels somehow made it to the ropes! Hebner forced Hart off of Michaels, And Hart was not a happy man. Hart started to curse at Hebner and shout at Hebner, But there was nothing Hart could do. Hart pulled Michaels up and started hitting Michaels in the face! Michaels fell down to both knees and Hart kept punching Michaels. Bret Hart lifted Shawn up to his feet and delivered a back breaker to Michaels. Bret Hart then went up top. Michaels slowly stood up and shook the ropes, Causing Hart to lose his balance. Michaels then threw Hart off the top turnbuckle! Michaels went to the corner and started to tune up the band again. Bret Hart stood up and Michaels drilled him with Sweet Chin Music! Michaels, Though, Collapsed down on the canvas and couldn't make the cover! The fans chants of "HBK" turned to boos as the Commissioner came walking down from the back with a steel chair in hand. Rick Rude entered the ring with the steel chair as Michaels got up. Rude handed Michaels the chair and told Michaels to use it. But Michaels tossed the chair down! Rude shouted at Michaels and called Michaels weak, But Michaels responded with a super kick to Rude! The crowd was going nuts, Chanting for Michaels, Who just proved that he wasn't selling out! But sadly, Another hero was. Bret Hart took the steel chair and drilled Michaels with a shot to the back! Hart then wound up and drilled Michaels with a shot to the head, Bringing Michaels down to both knees. Bret Hart stared at the fans, Who booed him like crazy. Hart responded by drilling Michaels two more times with the steel chair! Bret Hart tossed the chair down and covered Michaels. Referee Earl Hebner had no choice but to count the one, two, three.

The crowd booed as Hart's music hit the arena. Hart stared at Michaels' lifeless body with a sick smirk on his face. Hart helped up the Commissioner and both men hugged! The fans tossed their cups and everything else they could into the ring. Rude raised Hart's arm high in the air as they stood over Shawn Michaels.

Winner by Pin Fall: Bret Hart

92, 93, 92 ****1\4

Bret Hart's turn was completed, and he is now a heel.

Bret Hart gained overness from this turn.

Vince McMahon- No! Damn it! Not this! Not Bret Hart! I can't believe it! He was the true hero! Everyone loved him, Looked up to him! Tell me this isn't happening! Tell me Bret Hart hasn't just sold out the fans! This cannot be true! It just can't!

Dok Hendrix- This was such a great plan by Rude! All along, It was Bret Hart! They trashed Michaels' reputation! Everyone thought Michaels was selling out! But it was Bret Hart all along! Hart said he was winning at all costs!

Vince McMahon- Fans, I'm in shock. I'm at a loss for words right now. I just can't believe it! Thank you so very, very much for joining us at the King Of The Ring. For Dok Hendrix, I'm Vince McMahon, Have a good night!

King Of The Ring goes off the air with Commissioner Rick Rude raising Bret Hart's arm high in the air while referees help Shawn Michaels to the back. The crowd boos and chuck garbage into the ring while McMahon yells that the WWF is going straight to hell!

Overall Rating- 81

Pay Per View Buyrate- 1.57

Competition

WCW Great American Bash

Pay Per View Buyrate- 1.40

Attendance- 14,245

Ticket Sales- $854,700

Pay Per View Revenue- $3,500,000

NWACI Calgary's Most Wanted

Attendance- 115

Ticket Sales- $2,300

Notes

"Hollywood Holly and me don't have much chemistry in the ring. How about putting me in a program with a worker like Alex Wright? I think our styles would really work well together." -Marty Jannetty

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. They have more star power than us, and that is affecting our image. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them. The fans see us as being the more professional promotion, thanks to our higher production values." -Sophie

News

- The WWF has signed Dale Torborg and Malice to written deals. Both men have been sent to USWA.

- Russ Haas has agreed to an open contract with NWACI!

- Charlie Haas has agreed to an open contract with NWACI!

Prediction Contest

Crossface- 8

Jam- 11

SpiceDawg- 14

VA Finest 1- 15

mattman1624- 12

Beast- 12

bubba- 5

Hailtothechimp- 11

Hajjhowe- 11

Verder- 10

AntPaulseno- 11

VA Finest 1 wins the KOTR prediction contest. Pick one of these options and PM them to me.

1. Choose a feud for your development guy when he leaves development. It can be against anyone except a main eventer/upper midcarder.

2. Choose a match you want to see at a future show. (if it's a big match then it'll be saved for a PPV)

3. Choose two workers you'd like to see in a tag team.

And SpiceDawg wins the KOTR tournament prediction contest. Pick one of these options and PM them to me.

1. Choose for me to create a worker for you. (I won't hire him, But he'll be in the '98 scenario)

2. Choose a match you want to see at a future show. (if it's a big match then it'll be saved for a PPV)

3. Choose two workers you'd like to see in a tag team.

VA, I haven't forgotten about the match you chose last time, And it should happen soon. And thanks to everyone who left their predictions (Y)