kickass wrestling game for SNES

Enter Blue Guy

Has anybody ever played the game Saturday Night Slam Masters? It was a wrestling game for the SNES and I thought it was bad ass. It might have been for Genesis too, but all I remember it being on was SNES and it was made by Capcom. Man, I rented that game more than any other.

The game had some pretty kickass characters too like Scorp, who was a small, masked dude that could teleport and has the ability to give a guy three times his size a twisting, flying, 360 powerbomb looking move, Stinger, who was you basic luchadore clone, Alexander Greater, a blatant ripoff of Big Van Vader (his smoking Ram mask is clearly a take on Vadar's smoking Mastadon mask), Jumbo, who looks like One Man Gang in a singlet (*shudders*), and Haggar of from Final Fight fame. There were some other guys too, but those were my favorites.

Basically the point of the game was to each choose a single wrestler or a tag team and travel on a World tour against other competitors. If you go from city to city undefeated, you are awarded the title belt, either singles or tag. The location of the match would be announced before the fight with a voice over... For example, if you were in Hannover, Germany, a low quality, echoed voiceover would say "Hannover!". Not sure why, but I loved that part.... "Mexico!"... so yeah.

Does anybody else remember this game and/or played it before? I was thinking about it and wanted to know if it was as awesome as I remember it being.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

True, there was no grappling advantage system or whatever, so it was more like a beat 'em up fighting game. But still, it was in a ring and you had to pin your opponent to win. Oh, I loved the counting for the pins. "ONE... TWO... THREEEEEEEEE!".

Plus, it had damn cool weapons! *Breaks bottle over your head*

I used to rent this when I had Sega Genesis. I always enjoyed a good death match in that game. Nothing like irish whipping your opponent into electrified barbed wire, or suplexing him on rows of bombs.

I know people mentioned the Vader clone, but I think that the Scorp character was modeled somewhat after Sabu. The ring attire is pretty much identical minus Scorp's mask.

True, there was no grappling advantage system or whatever, so it was more like a beat 'em up fighting game. But still, it was in a ring and you had to pin your opponent to win. Oh, I loved the counting for the pins. "ONE... TWO... THREEEEEEEEE!".

Plus, it had damn cool weapons! *Breaks bottle over your head*