Potential "Batman Begins" OST

tristy

According to a posting at SuperHeroHype.com, newly recorded tracks by METALLICA, VELVET REVOLVER, AUDIOSLAVE, PEARL JAM, Dave Navarro (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION) and CHEVELLE are among the songs that are slated to appear on the "Batman Begins" soundtrack, tentatively due in late May/early June. Also purportedly scheduled for inclusion are three songs from GREEN DAY (the two newly recorded tracks, and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", which is said to be the film's "theme song"), as well as newly recorded cuts from THE CURE and FOO FIGHTERS.

"Batman Begins", helmed by the cutting-edge director of "Memento", Christopher Nolan, is set to receive a U.S. theatrical release on June 17.

Hmmm....although I'm not really a massive fan of any of the bands, besides The Cure, that's an insanely packed soundtrack, and I should think all of the bands, except possibly Foo Fighters, should be able to get something dark enough to suit the Batman thang...if it's true, then it's great news for the film, methinks.

The only tracks I'm looking forward to are the Audioslave, The Cure & Dave Navarro, since I really dug his solo album.

The rest can go to hell. Especially Green Day and that horrid song.

I don't see any way the Boulevard of Broken Dreams fits in Batman Returns........it seems lazy to me.

Yeah, I'm not big on Green Day, I hate Chevelle, the only saving grace in Audioslave is Chris Cornell, Velvet Revolver is alright, I don't really care about Navarro or the Cure, and the Foo Fighters are decent.

But I'm stoked to hear some new Metallica. So if it is true I'll be picking it up.

Guest Ringmaster

I don't see any way the Boulevard of Broken Dreams fits in Batman Returns........it seems lazy to me.

Well Batman has, er, Broken Dreams, and he walks on the boulevard to take out the bad guys.

Looks like a pretty good soundtrack but I agree, they could've gotten a better "main" theme song. I love me some Green Day but I don't think Boulevard is a good song to describe Batman, when you could get a harder song.

Tristy, I'm with you with Navarro's solo album. I liked it and I hope he makes another one.

According to a posting at SuperHeroHype.com, newly recorded tracks by METALLICA, VELVET REVOLVER, AUDIOSLAVE, PEARL JAM, Dave Navarro (ex-JANE'S ADDICTION) and CHEVELLE are among the songs that are slated to appear on the "Batman Begins" soundtrack, tentatively due in late May/early June. Also purportedly scheduled for inclusion are three songs from GREEN DAY (the two newly recorded tracks, and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams", which is said to be the film's "theme song"), as well as newly recorded cuts from THE CURE and FOO FIGHTERS.

"Batman Begins", helmed by the cutting-edge director of "Memento", Christopher Nolan, is set to receive a U.S. theatrical release on June 17.

*cue bitching about bands*

*cue Michael Matzat bitching*

Edited by The Grifter