Fightstar

Steeb

I've only heard their new single 'Palanhuik's (sp?) Laughter' and I actually think it's pretty good. Way better than anything Busted ever did. It's not the best track ever or anything, but, like I say, it is pretty good. There's a hundred bands out there doing it better then they are, but hey.

Anyone else heard anything from them? If so, what'd ya think?

I'll be honest, its listenable. Not really my thing but I'll wait a while before deciding 'They're fucking shit'. NME's live review the other week said they were pretty decent with a Biffy Clyro-esque sound, so I wouldn't mind hearing another single.

Plus I think the set-up on the Friday Night Project probably didn't help, The Bravery sounded naff this week and they are ace live.

I'll be honest, its listenable. Not really my thing but I'll wait a while before deciding 'They're fucking shit'. NME's live review the other week said they were pretty decent with a Biffy Clyro-esque sound, so I wouldn't mind hearing another single.

Plus I think the set-up on the Friday Night Project probably didn't help, The Bravery sounded naff this week and they are ace live.

I only saw them on the Friday Night Project and they're pure shite. I think I preffered Busted, at least they seemed good at what they did, Fightstar seems really forced. Not good.

Just out of curiosity, anyone know who's on the FNP this week?

Pretty good from what I've heard. Although I've only heard Palahniuks Laughter song so far so I cant say much just yet. The songs pretty damn good though, got me a little hooked actually.

I respect Charlie too. He's left Busted and is trying to move on to something fresh and new. To be fair, Busted were going nowhere if you ask me. They'd done there thing but they were more of a kids band, something that Charlie didn't want for years because well it wouldn't last, so he did the right thing leaving.

Plus he's taken on a new style here so yeah. He might draw in some Busted fans too plus loads of new fans so that's good I suppose. Nothing against him at all, so goodluck to the band.

The only reason they're signed and getting attention is because of him, if it wasnt for him they'd be a bog standard band struggling to get signed, now they're just a bog standard band with a well known frontman/guitarist.

They're bland as hell in my opinion, they're not doing anything new that other bands aren't doing better.

Edited by fourstarfizzle