Disney's most underappreciated Cartoon movies

Laice07

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only Disney movie I can sit through now is The Emperor's New Groove. I think it's hilarious. Well, as hilarious as a Disney animated flick can be.

My favorite Disney movie growing up, though, was Robin Hood. I haven't seen it in like 10 years now, but I remember the part at the archery competition when all hell breaks loose being extremely funny, at least it was back then. I have it on tape somewhere and if I had a VCR right now, I'd watch it just to see that part. I have the book too. It's big ass book (like it's size I mean)... It's stored away I think. Unless my mom gave it away. I hope not, I loved that book almost as much as the movie.

Even though I'm 18 now, and at Uni, and supposedly "mature", I can still sit through most of the "classic" Disney films that I always liked, as they are pretty timeless.

Changing tack a little, any "classic" Disney films that you didn't see the appeal of? I've never been into the "girlier" ones, surprisingly, like Beauty And The Beast, or Sleeping Beauty.

Fantasia

The Emperor's New Groove fucking owns.

Oliver and Company [Great job on Oliver Twist, one of my favorite Dickens' plays of all time because I was in it.]

The Brave Little Toaster

And even though it isn't underated, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is my fourth favorite Disney movie behind Lion King [3rd], Brave Little Toaster [2nd] and The Emperor's New Groove [which knocked BLT down!]

Commando Duck is awesome.

I love the old cartoons.

'Hello please, must be shooting the rope right in the centre if the middle, just like the long ranger - i dood it!'

'Contacted Enemy - wiped... washed out same - Donald Duck'

Robin Hood was magnificent.

Basil The Great Mouse Detective was great.

The Sword In The Stone was fantastic....

But Aladdin is still king...

Robin Hood and Sword In The Stone are both up there behind it though.

I bought my wife the Aladdin special edition DVD for her birthday last year.

Tis still as great as ever with the best songs that Disney have ever produced (especially Prince Ali and One Step or whatever it's called)

For me the second best "Classic" is The Little Mermaid...Wonderful film...

In fact you know what that and Aladdin have in common that makes them so good?!

Phenominal baddies, solid lead characters, sex appeal and good sidekicks...

I saw Aladdin about 16 times in a year when my friend got it on video. Every time I went to his house I watched it.

Edited by ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster