Disney's most underappreciated Cartoon movies

Laice07

You know those Disney cartoons that could of been the next Bambi, Lion King, but aren't.

For a real underappreciated Disneyfilm that IMO is a truly a great movie is Disney's THE RESCUERS DOWN UNDER. The B.O. for this release was very underwhelming and it's basically forgotten these days. But it featured some great visuals, nice character animation, beautiful art direction and a real tight story withone of Disney's most believable young boy ever. IMO A true gem that is continually overlooked.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's also The Fow and The Hound, I loved that when I was a kid

Ah yes...a fellow Fantasia series lover. All of the aboved mention films were my favorites(Great Mouse Detective, Fantasia[love the Stravinsky songs used for the lava planet], Fox and the Hound, Rescuers Down Under.). And yes...that interpretation of Girshwin's music was spot on. I suggest "An American in Paris" if you liked "Rhapsody in Blue."

I'm agreed on Robin Hood and Basil The Great Mouse Detective. I could never stand The Rescuers, though I'm not sure why.

I always liked their version of Alice In Wonderland...sure, it's a travesty if put alongside the books, but an enjoyable romp nonetheless.

Guest Faded Sanity

There are so many that I like and find them underated.

Donald In Mathmagic Land

The Adventures Of Ichabod And Mr. Toad

The Aristocats

Brother Bear

The Hunchback Of Notre Dame

The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh: 25th Anniversary Ed.

The Tigger Movie (My mother has rubbed off on me. She loves her tigger.)

Oliver & Company

I could think of alot more but I'd rather not show how pathetic I am.