Champions League Today :-)

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real Madrid are playing so well offensively. Figo, Raul and Zidane are playing so well tonight.. Of course this doesn't mean a thing if they don't score the second as a defensive mistake can tie the game. Madrid defensively are all effort and nothing quality. Lucky for them they spend most of the game near juve's area.

EDIT: Owen comes in for Ronaldo as usual to explore the fact that juve's team is tired of running after the ball.

Great Play by Figo. Buffon saved it. Buffon is saving juventus. Samuel heads it into the post. Header by Raul, buffon saves it again.

EDIT2: end of the game. 1-0 was the score. Madrid played much better and should have had a larger margin for the second leg. This way, it's still anyone's game, cause Juve will only need to score a goal at home to send it to overtime. They must play a lot better to do so, though.

Edited by Malenko

Damn I am so sad now :(

Although happy a little too. We ended up losing 1-0 which was a shame. No denying Madrid were better although the referee didn't have the best of match's. Fuck sake, how great to see Nedved get injured yet a fucking gain, it's so damn annoying. He's had the worst luck ever over the last year or so. I really hope he's going to be okay. I do think Madrid are partly lucky to walk away with the win as the goal wasn't anything amazing, but cant take anything away from them as they did work very hard and well. Buffon saved us many times. Del silenced so many people tonight too. Everyone saying he is nothing anymore, well I thought he was awesome tonight. Zambrotta had another great game, I still rate the guy as possibly the best left back in Europe. Zlatan had some good moments and to be fair I think he should have scored the chance he had but credit to him for working hard. This happened last time though and then we killed them in the second leg. It's in Turin so surely we'll have the advantage. Hopefully we can score two or three at home and not let any in, let's hope so anyway. Loved the game though, entertaining all the way through.

Arsenal are close to being out. All Bayern have to do is score at Arsenal and for me they'll be through. Cant see Arsenal scoring four against Bayern, heck I cant see them scoring three for that matter. I'll go for Bayern to knock them out here which will be a little shocker for some people if you ask me. Yay to Liverpool, so damn glad they have got through. That'd be so awesome if they were the only English team to get through. As for PSV/Monaco, well yeah not really a fan of the game, looked alright. Not the best night that's for sure but not too bad.

Predictions for tomorrow:

Barcelona/Chelsea should be good but my money is totally on Barcelona to tear them to shreds. Said they would from the start and I'm betting they score two or three tomorrow. Chelsea HAVE to score an away goal, if not I cant see them having any single change at all, not that I think they have anyway.

Porto/Inter should be pretty good. I'll go with Inter to take a 1-2 win tomorrow, should be interesting.

Man United/Milan should be awesome and I cant wait. Obviously rooting for Milan but we'll see what happens. I still reckon Milan will win so I'll go for a 2-2 draw for this game, which gives Milan the huge advantage as I cant see United beating them in the second leg at Milan's home ground.

Bremen/Lyon will be meh to me as I don't care for either much. I'll go with Lyon to steal a 1-2 win here.

Capable to score twice past Bayern? Yes.

Capable to score twice past Bayern without reply? I'm not so sure. All Munich have to do is get a single goal at highbury and that means Arsenal would have to score 4 to go through or 3 to push it to extra time/penalties. It's going to be tough but they do have a small chance with their away goal.

Looking forward to tonight's matches. I've got 2 Chelsea players on my fantasy UCL team but I'm expecting Barca to beat them. Man Utd vs Milan will be a huge game. It's going to be a test of Utd's recent form. I think they can win at home. I also hope Ruud starts.

Also take into account Bayern were missing their star player last night. Having Ballack will give the players at Bayern a boost and really I doubt Arsenal will be able to stop them from getting goals.

Tonights games are what the Champions League is about, Man United Vs AC Milan and Barcelona Vs Chelsea should be some great games as you just know Manchester United will come out attacking non stop and same for Barca. Should be two great matches tonight.

Well that's weird. Half the people I know wont say Barcelona are the best Spanish side, they'll say Madrid are. So to be fair, Barcelona are far from being overrated. A season or two back they were never talked about to be the best team in the world. They've always been a damn good team and easily one of the best teams in Spain, so I cant see how they can be overrated. This season they're the best team in Spain and nearly the world, no can can even argue it.

Tonight I hope the Chelsea fans get what's coming to them. If it's a fair match and no shit refereeing, we should see Barcelona beat Chelsea. Wont be no breeze for sure but you'll see.