• Tekken
    • Mortal Kombat
    • Street Fighter
    • King of Fighters
    • Marvel vs. Capcom
    • Virtua Fighter
    • Dead or Alive
    • Other(please specify)

10 years ago, I would of voted for Street fighter, but Soul Calibur is definently my favourite. IMO Both Soul Calibur and Soul Calibur 2 had gameplay which is unmatched.

My top 3:

Soul Calibur

Tekken

Mortak Kombat(unlike street fighter, mortak kombat has evolved and its still great to play!)

Hounarable mention: Virtua Fighter...your great, but not that great :P

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Future Shock

SC is broken, Marvel is dying, Tekken's not uber fun, DOA? You must die.

Vote for Street Fighter. For those who think it doesn't evolve, I point you to Street Fighter 3. Full of yummy 2D goodness~!

Mortal Kombat. I have fond memories of crying myself to sleep after failing to beat Motaro for the fiftieth time in MK3. Kintaro owned though. I wish I still had my MKTrilogy disk :(

Haven't played the latest ones though, after being disappointed with MK4 I kinda steered away. Tekken also gets an honourable mention being the first Playstation game I ever played and for introducing me to Hwoarang who kicks copious amounts of ass.

Edited by Kaneanite

Easily between Street Fighter and Mortal Combat for me, both amazing games. I'd probably say Street Fighter but then again Mortal Combat had the awesome finishing moves.

Stop spelling it with a C :angry:

It seems as if there are more casual fighting game fans here then there are hardcore. The Mortal Kombat games have nothing on VF, SC or Tekken when it comes to depth.

VF, SC and Tekken have nothing on MK when it comes to mindless violence and gore.

*high-five syco*

Easily between Street Fighter and Mortal Combat for me, both amazing games. I'd probably say Street Fighter but then again Mortal Combat had the awesome finishing moves.

Stop spelling it with a C :angry:

It seems as if there are more casual fighting game fans here then there are hardcore. The Mortal Kombat games have nothing on VF, SC or Tekken when it comes to depth.

MORTAL KOMBAT!

Flawless victory.....

Cos it had a sense of humour, a sense of drama and didn't take itself too seriously.

Come on any game where you can whack some buttons to pull of a "Fatality", "Friendship", "Brutality" or whatever else they brought in during the series, on your beaten opponent wins me over.

Johnny Cage ripping his opponents torso off their legs or Sub Zero extracting the spinal cord does it for me every time.

I have to go with Tekken, hands down. (Street Fighter runs a close second, though)

Mortal Kombat hasn't really been worth a crap since MK3, and the PS2 exclusive games aren't that great. With a standard controller, you have to have the dexterity of Spider-Man just to pull off the more complex combos, and Moloch in MK:DA is the cheapest non-playable boss ever to set foot in a fighting game.

Mortal Kombat hasn't really been worth a crap since MK3, and the PS2 exclusive games aren't that great. With a standard controller, you have to have the dexterity of Spider-Man just to pull off the more complex combos, and Moloch in MK:DA is the cheapest non-playable boss ever to set foot in a fighting game.

Mortal Kombat with Street Fighter a ways behind. MK has kept a base core of characters and evolved them over the years as the times changed around them. Street Fighter's originals are still almost the same as they were 10 years ago. Then you have the fact that Kombat was one of the first games to really push the limit on gaming violence back when games were very clean. Street Fighter should have never left 2D.

Also, is the newest MK out for Gamecube yet? I know it was set to release soon.

Guest Future Shock

Mortal Kombat with Street Fighter a ways behind. MK has kept a base core of characters and evolved them over the years as the times changed around them. Street Fighter's originals are still almost the same as they were 10 years ago. Then you have the fact that Kombat was one of the first games to really push the limit on gaming violence back when games were very clean. Street Fighter should have never left 2D.

As good as Street Fighter Third Strike is, I must go with Tekken as my favorite fighting series. Especially now with Tekken 5 out:)

Smart kid.

Tekken, followed closely by Street Fighter.

Smart guy.

Haven't played the latest ones though, after being disappointed with MK4 I kinda steered away.  Tekken also gets an honourable mention being the first Playstation game I ever played and for introducing me to Hwoarang who kicks copious amounts of ass.

Deadly Alliance and Deception are much, much better than MK4. The fourth game is truly the worst of the series.

Johnny Cage ripping his opponents torso off their legs or Sub Zero extracting the spinal cord does it for me every time.

You're forgetting when Cage could uppercut your head off...THREE TIMES. Tis the third greatest fatality in MK history. The second is Sub-Zero's MK3 fatality where he lifted you over his head, froze you, then broke you in half.

The first? Bitch, please. Quan Chi's Leg Beat > *

I have to go with Tekken, hands down. (Street Fighter runs a close second, though)

While the MK games of late have yet to really master the concept of flow that Tekken and DOA have, I've got to say that Deception and Deadly Alliance are at least worth a work-over from any MK fan. And if you think Moloch is bad, just play against Mr. Onagi, Ze Dragon King from Deception. I tells ya, Ed Boon needs to stop it with his fetish for cheap hits (bastard even admitted it during the IGN interviews promoting Deception's release).

Yes, it has been released worldwide for the Cube, complete with Goro & Shao Kahn. Lucky pricks.