• Marvel vs. Capcom
    • Virtua Fighter
    • Dead or Alive
    • Other(please specify)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm must be the only person in the whole world who loves Guilty Gear.

Any fighting game with one-hit kills does not deserve to be made, as it just sucks any and all fun out of the concept. Although, in the name of all that is holy, they removed them for Isuka.

Killer Instinct.

That game rocked so hard.

Street Fighter would be a close second.

Killer Instinct NEEDS to be remade for the next-gens. Nintendo could have a franchise right up there with DOA or Tekken if they managed a way to make it their own.

Guest Crimson Nightmare

Gotta show love for the KoF series. Awesome characters, awesome game. Voting for it..just..because I guess.

Other than that, my favorite fighters are Soul Calibur/SCII, I'm looking to FINALLY get into Tekken (I'm a bit late I know) DOA, and the next-gen MK games have indeed been pretty good.

If I didn't say this already Evil Zone for the PSone was an awesome fighting game and deserves a PS2 remake.

I'm looking to FINALLY get into Tekken (I'm a bit late I know)

Don't fret, homie. Go pick up Tekken 5 for $50 and Tekken 4 for around $15-$20. T5 has Tekken 1, 2, and 3 bundled, and for $70 total, you'll have the entire Tekken story franchise.

(You can always look up the storylines or ask someone about them.)

Soul Blade for the PS1. I loved that game although in the UK we had to have it edited slightly so the guy with his nunchuckas became a wobbly stick as nunchuckas were banned from being shown in British tv, games or film until vaguely recently. Enter The Dragon had a lot of Bruce Lee's nunchuckas fighting edited out until a few years ago.

But anyway Soul Blade was cool, but only that guy with his nunchuckas, or the girl with the mask and the small dagger, or the two guys with the samurai swords.

Everyone ele'se weapons were too large and bulky or too weird for my liking.

The fact you could press buttons to change the video endings after completing their missions was cool and the intro was great.

I'm looking to FINALLY get into Tekken (I'm a bit late I know)

Don't fret, homie. Go pick up Tekken 5 for $50 and Tekken 4 for around $15-$20. T5 has Tekken 1, 2, and 3 bundled, and for $70 total, you'll have the entire Tekken story franchise.

(You can always look up the storylines or ask someone about them.)

Ask me, I am God when it comes to the storyline of Tekken. And you're still a bastard Midgey, us Brits still don't fucking have it and it hurts me :crying:

While the MK games of late have yet to really master the concept of flow that Tekken and DOA have, I've got to say that Deception and Deadly Alliance are at least worth a work-over from any MK fan.  And if you think Moloch is bad, just play against Mr. Onagi, Ze Dragon King from Deception.  I tells ya, Ed Boon needs to stop it with his fetish for cheap hits (bastard even admitted it during the IGN interviews promoting Deception's release).

Please, it only took me about 20 tries to do it with Sub Zero (and most of that is because I play cheap as hell against the computer with Sub Zero. I'm an old school freeze-uppercut guy.). My friend beat it with Darius in like... two tries. Its mostly luck, it seems.

Guest Grapehead

I'm going with Dead or Alive. Never was a huge fighting game fan, but DoA always gave me a few extra hoots.

EDIT: Crap.. I meant.. I meant Soul Caliber :pinch:

Edited by Spongebob_V2

*que voice crack* MOOOOOOORRRRTTTTTTAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL KKOOOOMMMMMMMBBAAAAAATTT!*techno ensues*

mortal kombat owns u and your life. and who ever said the game play had no depth look at the recent versions. evey one has three fighting styles to use, weaponry is aloud to be used. i never expected that much when i played deadly alliance after trading my sims game for it. i was used to the regular x,y,a,b for the ole snes(wish i play on occaision when my MK buddy comes over). but i was really pissed when they killed lui kang. and then in deception o was only good with raiden quanchi and shang sun. and i dont have raiden for deception yet so i had to learn a new persons style and i like dead lui kang. anyways that got out of hand.

in closing MK is my nmber one but i like killer instinct aswell