I just saw The Ring 2

Christmas Killer

Eh, Sin City has a thread of its own...this can, too.

Under the stipulation that I can firmly state that the Japanese versions are insanely better.

Since I've said that, now, the thread can commence.

Edited by The

Yeah I agree the Japanese versions have a better feel to them but I really thought Ring 2 and Ring 0 were pretty crap after watching Ring. That's why I am really looking forward to this movie, new storyline and a new direction for the American series to take.

The only really negative thing I have heard is how Samara isn't portrayed that well in this movie and that she looses her creepyness. But I look forward to checking it out anyways.

after reviewing a few things and buying the first one, haven't watched it again yet...I know her son says something like "You let her out" or something to that effect, and then you see Samara come out of the TV and kill that guy.

Now is that how she's always killed people or is that what she does now that she been let out? Or should I shut up and watch Ring 2?

I heard from somewhere that by letting Samara out it now means that she doesn't have to wait seven days to kill the people who watch the tape. However I am not sure that is true as it seemed to me like the guy died in Ring 1 because his seven days were up...

Haven't seen the ring two so I can't say if the whole "letting her out" thing is used in it.

My housemate is a MA Film Student at Uni, one night we watched Ring 0, Ring and Ring 2 back to back... I was bored, he was terrified. The big gay. They're not bad films or anything, I just don't overly rate them as must sees or scary films.

The Ring 2 was a horrible, horrible movie. I laughed at numerous instances in the movie because, well, it was unrealistic and had no ties to reality. A good horror movie should make me feel threatened in watching it, in that the events occuring are able to happen to me.

I prefered it more because I felt the plot behind the tape worked out better in the Japanese version. An example would be how those other kids at the start died in a car in the American Version - and it was not explained. However in the Japanese version it is explained that Sadako can come through any surface with a reflection, and thus how they died in the car.

However I don't really prefer Ringu over the Ring by that much, only little niggling things really.

I actually liked Ring 2. Granted, I had to pay $15.00 because I saw about 15 minutes of it on Friday before having to leave and going back on Saturday to find that they'd changed the price to $7.75 instead of the regular $6.50 so that made me mad, but it was still a decent movie. Is there going to be a Ring 3?

Not only do I admit to having greatly enjoyed The Ring, but I admit that it scared the crap out of me. Having said that, I was totally disappointed by The Ring 2. There was nothing to it- it wasn't spooky, it wasn't interesting, it was just bland. As PRP said, it was more unintentionally funny than anything else- my friends and I cracked up when Naomi Watts asked the kid if he wanted her to get in the tub with him. Oh, and making Lumberg jokes when Gary Cole was onscreen made for a good time. Apart from that, save your money.

Just came back from the theater (got sick and tired of staying indoors due to the weather).

Thought it was decent, save for one absolutely major logistical hole in the story.

Btw, there is talk of either a Ring Zero or a Ring Three...the only thing stopping the green light is public demand. Check out an article from IGN concerning the matter here.

Edited by The