Doctor Who

Dingle

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that while Russel is a great planner, he is NOT a good writer, I'd say it'd be in good interest to keep him on as a consultant, I like the whole arc words and the way certain things build to the finale without us realising, and at least in a transition season it'd be useful to keep 'the man in charge' around for at least IMO. Kupo!

Edited by Iron-Tail Benji

RTD is giving Moffat 2 episodes this season, I think, and he's probably being groomed to take over. Fair play, really, because Moffat's damn solid and if he learns what's good about RTD's approach and remains aware of what isn't so good, he'll be cracking.

Something to note... when Tom Baker left in 1981 after being so successful, producer John Nathan Turner introduced a 'crowded TARDIS' of 3 companions to ease the transition to Peter Davison. Seeing as the only real format so far has been the Doctor and one female companion, with the odd appearance of somebody else mid-season (Micky, Jack, etc), and now by the end of the year we'll be having Martha Jones and Donna Noble on board... does this suggest, maybe, a similar approach to 'easing the transition' from RTD, should Tennant not decide to renew his contract?

I already read that somewhere else, but I doubt it, I think it's just them realising you can only get so much character interaction with two characters, it's always the same chemistry, even with Jack only being there for three episodes, you could feel the way the characters moved along as people, The Doctor advanced more in three episodes than he really has in three seasons.

Also, are you still doing that Doctor Who diary? I had some ideas and you never reply :P If not I'll probably do some solo stuff inbetween FF IX-2 entries.

I want to, but basically everybody apart from you and myself has dropped off in terms of their willingness to write. I gave everybody too much time, and too much freedom, which all amounted to a few days of "WOW, WRITING!" stuff and then people losing interest as they moved on. I'm considering continuing it on my own - seeing you coming out and saying "yes, I'm writing, but it won't be ready 'til December" is really encouraging.

I want to, but basically everybody apart from you and myself has dropped off in terms of their willingness to write. I gave everybody too much time, and too much freedom, which all amounted to a few days of "WOW, WRITING!" stuff and then people losing interest as they moved on. I'm considering continuing it on my own - seeing you coming out and saying "yes, I'm writing, but it won't be ready 'til December" is really encouraging.

Well I assumed you'd dropped it since you never mentioned it and never really discussed what the writing process was going to be, who was doing what and in what order, everytime I messaged you I got nothing back, so I went on to make other plans.

EDIT: Never mind, I took that the wrong way to which it was intended >_>

Edited by Iron-Tail Benji