Doctor Who

Dingle

Meh, I liked the attention >_>

This episode was very good, in particular the last half an hour, and it's in the top five/six episodes of the new who, and in my favourite top seven/eight I think (There's a couple of episodes I admit are weaker pieces of TV, but remain large favourites of mine because they have the Ood in, amongst other things), if I was forced to rank them.

I agree that the examination of the Doctor was fantastic, as was the line "and that's what you want me to be?" I also really liked how Smith was stunned the the Doctor never thought of leaving a message about falling in love, because the Doctor won't even have considered it for a second since Rose.

In little bits, I'm up for fighting Sephiroth for the rights to have Tenny's kids, and next weeks looks like it could be a fun little show. But then again, so did Sunshine. Or whatever they actually called that episode.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best episode ever.

The writing was clearly a notch above and the setting was great. Also, loved the Easter Egg and revealing stuff.

But most of all, the actual shock and dread is better cos of a) the revelation of what the angels are, b) the static nature of them, only moving when you're not looking.....

The stuff with the light and them getting closer without you ever seeing them move was excellent....

But the best part...

An angel has been standing off for ages, head in it's hands. The doctor reveals the truth.

Tells them not to look away, not to blink.

The girl looks at the guy.

They've not been looking at the angel.

They look up.

The angel is mid attack.

That was beyond excellent and actually top top notch TV. Really thrilling, excellent horror and suspense.

That was fucking brilliant. There is little other way of describing that fantastic piece of television. It was by Stephen Moffat, who has written the best new Who episodes anyway, so I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise. I was worried when the doctor wasn't around for the first twenty minutes, but when he was there Tenny was fantastic.

So, yeah amazing episode there. This, The Lazarus Experiment and whatever the last double-bill was called are saving a weak season.

Oh, and the last little piece of the ending was great. It's made an entire generation of children scared of statues for life! Brilliance.

Edited by Mushiking timmayy

It was indeed a great episode - it scared me shitless in parts! Not bad for prime time TV. :D Just to echo what the others have said with the great writing and all round good performances.

Onto tonight, read a quick blurb of the show and its looks like it has potential.

What do you mean "somehow"? He will annoy you. He will annoy me. I haven't read anything about this week, so it'll come to me fresh. If they continue the run of better episodes into the double-bill finale (I assume it'll be a double bill anyway), this season might just be saved.

And they did it! After a dire opening twenty minutes or so, and with those silly savage people (who weren't needed at all), and the annoying blue assistant, the episode turned into a great one. From Jack in the radiation chamber onwards, that was brilliant stuff, expecially the last ten minutes. Plus, it had Cadfael to provide some acting, and ending was just fantastic, with John Simm.

Did a great job of linking a lot of Who together as well.

And they did it! After a dire opening twenty minutes or so, and with those silly savage people (who weren't needed at all), and the annoying blue assistant, the episode turned into a great one. From Jack in the radiation chamber onwards, that was brilliant stuff, expecially the last ten minutes. Plus, it had Cadfael to provide some acting, and ending was just fantastic, with John Simm.

Did a great job of linking a lot of Who together as well.

The second half was great, but I feel you are being harsh by saying the twenty minutes were 'dire'. I think the first twenty minutes were kind of average, with a sodding great second half to the episode.

That was GREAT and only as soon as I saw the watch did I have ANY clue that he was The Master. The drum beats I thought were just of the savage peoples, so maybe they were just there as foil to the swerve at the end. I knew he'd regenerate and it was AWESOME. Captain Jack didn't annoy me too much, but him not able to die kinda irked me, and The Doctor regrowing his hand also bothered me but it's alright. Anyone else get the YANA right away?