Doctor Who

Dingle

Oh dear. That's probably not the best thing they've ever done. The only plus point is that I can't see Catherine Tate, who has her own show amongst other things, staying on to do more than one season's worth of filming, unless she's really committed to it and stuff, which I doubt she is. The logic/rumours suggest that with Martha joining towards the mid-way point of the season, and The Doctor thus having two companions in the TARDIS, one of them will make their exit at the end of the year unless RTD has taken a leaf out of John Nathan Turner's book circa 1981 and just wants to throw companions in left and right. Even JNT managed to realise the Doctor + one companion strategy was better off by the time Peter Davison left, even if sometimes that companion was Bonnie Langford. So, either Tate will leave after one year, or there's something at work here.

In remembering the 'crowded TARDIS' of 1981, I remember that JNT was trying to fill the TARDIS with companions to ease the transition for fans after getting rid of such a popular and awesome Doctor - could RTD be doing something similar? After all, I doubt if Tennant would've signed more than a 3-year deal at a time.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martha is gonna be back next year, but she's filming a few episodes of Torchwood first, probably around 3.

Kylie Minogue is set to be the celeb star of the Christmas special this year though. How did an Aussie bird get on the Titanic anyway?

I watched The Infinite Quest just now. It's actually rather good, once you take into account that it's obviously made for the 9-13s, and maybe goes a little too far with the "whee, it's animated, let's do some crazy 'couldn't-happen-on-TV' stuff with it" stuff from time to time, and the pace is a little frenetic because they're gallivanting all over the universe in 45 minutes, rather than just landing and staying put. That said, it's a fun little adventure that reminded me a lot of the Key to Time series from the Tom Baker days, and there's a lot of fun callbacks to the series and silly pop culture references here and there (The Doctor referring to Madame Cholet from The Wombles as one of history's greatest chefs, for example!).

Well worth viewing, with those provisos in mind.

Kylie Minogue is set to be the celeb star of the Christmas special this year though. How did an Aussie bird get on the Titanic anyway?

She can be English. Hast thou not seen Street Fighter?

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• 1 month later...

WOO!

Glad about that because it'll probably end up being quite a good episode, unless we get another "Spaceship in the universe randomly drilling for BLANK because of BLANK and then the BLANK they drilled turned bad.".

Rumours at the moments are Ben Kingsley as Davros and James Nesbitt as The Doctor.

Personally not sure bout first one but after seeing Jekyll Nesbitt would be great to replace Tennant. If not could make a great master.

What do you guys think?

I really can't imagine Tennant leaving yet, he's always seemed enthusiastic about the role, whilst Ecclestone was always unapologetic about the fact that it was just another acting job. I think it would be more likely to see Tennant sticking around, with the media throwing up as many contemporary actors they can think of as possible replacements throughout the next series. I don't want it to be James Nesbitt, though, if he is replaced...cannot picture that, and I don't like him anyway.

Ben Kingsley as Davros sounds good, though.

Wow, your source must be fucking awesome if they know that for certain.
I believe his source is the Star or the Sun or something, some guy was saying that in the shop the other day, we all know how reliable those papers are. If Moffat did take over, I'd say I could enjoy that, Jimmy would make for an interesting Doctor though.

I agree with RK, Tennant said it has been his dream since he was a kid to do it so I'd imagine as long as he enjoys doing the role then he will carry on doing it. Besides, say if David got a movie part or something decent they could probably work around that schedule instead of replacing him. It's not like replacing other characters, because it needs quite a decent bit of explanation and other things.