Doctor Who

Dingle

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's back in 2 weeks. Also, the trailer wasn't for next week's episode, it was for the 'second half' of the season as the trailer showed references to 42, as well as the two-parters and such.

I liked The Lazarus Experiment, jolly good show - although geez, I'm stunned at timmayy's reaction. :w00t:

You know what amuses me? Doctor Who is one of the BBC's best rated shows, but they fuck around with the time it starts constantly and they're putting it off by a week instead of on an early start (which they do constantly, as I stated). I hope they do a double bill in a fortnight, I hate when things fall behind <_<

The people I was watching the last episode with thought that the "Mysterious Man" talking to Martha's Mum was The Master, but I kept saying it would be Life On Mars fella, then BAM! There hs is looking bad-ass and fucking creepy in the trailer (assuming that "Mr Saxon" = The Master, as I have been assuming as of late. Perhaps I'll be wrong). That's got to be the best "next episode" trailer I've seen in a long time, really got me pumped up for what happens next.

I suppose "Mystery Man" could be The Master if they remember that he can body-jump, but I doubt they'll bring that in. He's almost certainly just an associate.

But, yeah, it had better be The Master. And they'd better explain the Time War some more.

I didn't really like the Lazarus episode, I don't like the "one-off" monsters so much, I think they should concentrate on building a strong new recurring monster, rather than one that only exists for the duration of the episode, and the idea that what Lazarus turned into was somehow an evolutionary backwater for humanity was a laughable explanation.

Apart from that, it was an alright episode...the references to Saxon get more blatant each episode, so whereas it was once a poster here and a headline there, it's now "MR SAXON MR SAXON MR SAXON", but that's to be expected. I like the Doctor making more reference to his lifespan, such as when he mentioned being in the Blitz, although "when you hang around with Beethoven" was a bit naff, and I like how they seem to be making him an increasingly lonely character, as in his speech to Lazarus about how a long life isn't necessarily a good one. I like that extra depth that was only hinted at quite rarely with some of the earlier Doctors.

Also, Spinal Tap reference gets a thumbs-up from me.

Anybody feeling withdrawl symptoms this past week, due to the lack of Who for the charade that was Eurovision, should check out

to possibly the funniest Who-related video I've seen on YouTube in some time. Chuckles all around.

In other, entirely self-motivated news, I'm going to be in a sketch show at Uni next week that'll include a sketch where, amongst other sketches, I play the Doctor, with a nubile young thing in a bikini as my "glamorous female assistant #38." I get to wear a big coat.

That was a very good episode. The Captain was a shit actress. Enjoyable and very tense episode though. I liked how the Doctor looked really pissed after Martha kissed that guy. (Unless I missed something and he was pissed off about something else).

I think he was just a tad overwhelmed by the whole scheme of events, with him nearly killing everyone and then being saved someone else, the kiss probably didn't hurt either. The trailer for next weeks gets a meh from me. Hopefully its a good mindfuck of an episode.

wow i really should look around here more, i was not that big a fan of this weeks episode but it was good for the series so far.

im more towards the classic who thought and i really miss those long 4-6 part storys where things progressed at a steady pase rather than semi rushed in the new series

Also again we find ourselves with the constant flashbacks to Earth during every episode. The one BIG downer in the new series' and it's back for this one too. The idea of the living lifeforms and suns is one they could reuse but it's just "Alien" can't use it in another scenario really.

I have no problems with an episode supposed to be fast paced, but aside from being told it would be fast paced, every other episode is usually at a similar pace. This would have been a lot better if they had other episodes which lasted over a couple of episodes. Like the average episodes are 2 parters but the main episodes are 3 or 4 parters and then you have odd episodes which are one parters, like '42' could have been.

Oh and the constant references back to Earth aren't needed every episode, I hate that stupid phone which allows you to ring anywhere in the universe. God damnit! And what where they doing? Tracking where she was? Surely The Master knows that The Doctor isn't gonna be there for very long. Ah well. Shall see how it develops.

I forgot, but whats happening next episode? Can't remember the preview at all.

Edited by Devil In Jouzy City