--==What is the best kind of music?==--

Guest apeschris0

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for heavy metal since most of my favorite bands are...

Metallica, Motorhead, BLS, Iced Earth, Judas Priest, COC, Danzig, Alice Cooper, etc.

But I could've also voted for country if the question was FAVORITE type of music.

BEST kind goes to metal since I think it takes the most talent to pull off and it's just my favorite.

Power metal? Dear god, not those freaks with greatswords and breastplates and 20+ minute quitar masturbation songs!

I dig metal, mostly industrial and death (Meshuggah, Fear Factory, Lamb Of God, Cryptopsy), and also am a huge fan of hardcore punk and grindcore bands (Chimaira, Hatebreed, Poison The Well, Raised Fist, Refused, Stampin' Ground, Pro-Pain). I dunno why, I just dig the music when it's loud and aggressive. Nihilism and/or mind-boggling lyrics are always a bonus.

Punk Rock all the way!

Bands like Brand New, Thrice, Billy Talent, NFG, Yellowcard, Bad Religion, Sugarcult, Quarashi, and even (to an extent) Good Charlotte.

Some of the above quoted names can't really be considered as punk rock. Can you pick them out?

Anyway, I like rap and hip-hop. Even the latino version with the electric keyboard and the Spanish I can't understand. I dunno, just something that I'm attracted to.

@ Bushmeister (the Quote option doesn't seem to work on my comp anymore)

I'm not trying to be an elitist or whatever, but none of those bands you listed is Grindcore. Could you perhaps say which Grindcore band you do like, cause it's nice to see another Grindcore fan.

Edited by Bas

@ Bushmeister (the Quote option doesn't seem to work on my comp anymore)

I'm not trying to be an elitist or whatever, but none of those bands you listed is Grindcore. Could you perhaps say which Grindcore band you do like, cause it's nice to see another Grindcore fan.

A rather disturbing situation this is, then. I think the biggest names I've left off of that list are Napalm Death and Godflesh. I'm currently looking into buying some stuff from Bolt Thrower, Brutal Truth, Cephalic Carnage and Rotten Sound. Do suggest some more bands, I'd be anxious to dig a bit deeper into grind.