Need Help With Girlfriend!

Vilge Duin

Which Order Should She See The Star Wars Films?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Which Order Should She See The Star Wars Films?

• Original Trilogy, Then The New Trilogy
    • Chronological Order Storywise (Episodes 1 to 6)

With Star Wars: Episode Three coming out soon, I have a dilemma...

For the longest time my girlfriend didn't like the concept of even thinking about Star Wars let alone seeing one of the films. I have no clue why. She however saw the trailer to Episode Three and has seen people playing Knights of the Old Republic and become interested in it. This is where my own little personal dilemma comes in. I'm not sure which order she should see the movies in. I'm just not sure.

There is really only two choices. See them in the order Lucas intended them (4-6 then 1-3), or see them chronologically (1-6). I doubt many people (if any really) have had a chance to see the movies in chonological order, since they'd have to wait until Episode three comes out before seeing the original trilogy. That's kind of the problem. It doesn't come out for a couple months and she wants to see them now. She also knows the big twists of the original trilogy (Vader being Luke's father, Luke and Leia being brother/sister, etc.) thanks to popular media so those are a non issue.

I'm starting to think she should see them in original order, but I'm curious what someone would think after seeing them chronologically.

So what should I do?

See that's the thing... The originals are almost unanimously declared as the better films, so I'm thinking she should see the "first" three first and then the original trilogy.

And Heel Turn, I'd go with that idea but she wants to see the new trilogy. Just to say she's seen it really. I'd prefer she just watch the original three since it's a more cohensive, comprehensive and overall more satisfying experience... But meh, women are fickle.

I would suggest showing her it by order 1 through 6. But seeing it by the order they were released wouldn't be too bad. If you do show her 1 through 6, the final battle of Vader and Luke will be even better then it really is which is already fantastic without the knowledge of Anakins past. The music always gets me :(

Edited by Laice_

Dont let her say 1 or 2. I havent seen 3's trailers since living in a shell so cant comment on that, but if 1 and 2 are anything to go by, just refuse to let her saee 1, 2 or 3. The original trilogy is much better and woeth your time.

Otherwise go 4-5-6-1-2-3.

Although the only problem I can see is that her dreams will forever be swamped with Ewoks.

However she gets the chance to see the films in a way we never will.

I think it's balanced though.

For example, do you want the Obi-Wan vs Darth fight in New Hope to come first and then see what it's all about later.

Or do you want her to see the whole build up to that with 1, 2 and 3 first?

Some of the undertones to 1,2 and 3 might be lost by showing them first but some of the enlightenment of 4,5 and 6 might become clearer by showing them second.

THe fear has to be though, if she watches Episode 1 first...Will she want to watch the rest or will she just want to forget she ever mentioned it?!