Coldplay new album

Not sure if there are any Coldplay fans on this board, but the new album is out in like a month or so. Just heard the first song from the album too called 'Talk' and it's an amazing piece of work from the band.

The guy out of The Sun has tipped it to be there biggest album so far and that some of the songs on it shall be massive hits. This one song here sounds brilliant anyway so right now I'm looking forward to this album big time.

Awesome to see Coldplay just get better and better too, plus Chris Martin rules :thumbsup:

The new album "X&Y" doesn't come out for about two months and a week. As for the track you're talking about, do you mean "Let's Talk"? I haven't heard it or anything, but there isn't a song simply titled "Talk" on the album according to the tracklisting I found. Whoever was talking about it on Coldplaying.com said it reminded him of The Killers.

Yeah Coldplaying.com have it down as 'Let's talk' but most sites had it down as 'Talk' so I was pretty confused. Just heard another five songs, one being 'What If' which is downright amazing. I think it sounds better than 'The Scientist' too, which most people rate as there best song so far.

Stop getting me any more excited :pinch: . I remember in a magazine where they had an article on the biggest albums for 2005 and Coldpaly was number 1. This album is going to be so amazing, I can just feel it ^_^

I heard "Talk", and I agree that it's fantastic. From this point on I'll be trying my best to resist downloading any of the other tracks, because I want to pretty much spend the first day of the album's release listening to it on repeat.

Well the guy from The Sun paper is tipping it to be possibly the best album of the year, and have a tonne of tracks that will possibly make the number one spot in the charts. The Sun usually lies, but when it comes to most music it's usually right with what it says. Also said how there's a few songs that are wrote towards Gwen, the wife of Chris.

Really cant wait for the album.

• 4 weeks later...

Just listened to 'Speed of sound' over at Coldplay.com and it's pretty damn great. Brilliant drumming on it with awesome vocals from Chris Martin. Certainly hyping up the album even more.

Even more places tipping it to be the possible best album of the year too and that's before it's even been brought out. Only about a month and a half now to go. Trying to get hold of some tickets for the live gig over at the Reebok Stadium on the 4th/5th of July. I'll probably wait a while to see some later dates though at better venues, hopefully finding something nearer to by birthday around about Septemer/October time.

Coldplay Scores Top 10 U.S. Debut 'Speed of Sound'

Fri Apr 29, 2005 06:37 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Coldplay became the first British band since the Beatles to score a single debut in the U.S. top 10 songs on Billboard's Hot 100 chart, the music magazine said on Friday.

The single, "Speed of Sound," opened at No. 8 on the chart, which ranks sales and airplay, making Coldplay the only other U.K. band besides the Beatles to register such a hit.

The Beatles first graced the U.S. chart in the week of Sept. 14, 1968 when "Hey Jude," the Beatles' first single on their own Apple imprint, entered the chart at No. 10, according to Billboard.

A year later, the Beatles' "Get Back" also opened at No. 10. In 1970, the Beatles' "Let It Be" became the highest Hot 100 debut at the time when it bowed at No. 6.

The Beatles' "Free as a Bird" debuted at No. 10 in 1995.

• 1 month later...

They have the entire album for preview over at Coldplay.com, you get like a minute of each song.

Just listened and it sounds amazing. Personally I think most of the songs are a whole new side and style to Coldplay, which is something great. Tonnes of emotion in some of them too.

I'll be buying the album on June 6th when it comes out, cant wait :)