Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking Bristol Shitty. They rely on getting freekicks and just aiming towards their mahoosive centreback and forward who is part ogre. Still, 1-1 against them is alright I guess. Still had to put up with them chanting with that hiddeous accent, ugh.

• 2 months later...

So, we (Darlington) are right where we were at the end of last season, and the season before that. Finishing just outside the playoffs is becoming our trend. It's not over yet, but being 4 points behind the last playoff place and they have a game in hand on us, it's not looking very likely.

How are your team doing?

Pretty much the same story here: Same as last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, etc...

15th, currently. The only difference between this season and previous ones is that this season we've started pretty well, and slowly filtered down to mid-table. Whereas in previous season's we've started terribly, almost got relegated, then ended up mid-table somehow (usually "firing Ian Atkins" worked, but we obviously can't do that any more :(. We want you back, Ian! Firing you is good for morale!).

However, we had to be cheated out of a spot in the FA Cup 4th round, and we're going to win the St. Johnstone's Paint Trophy this year (any Doncaster fans on the board?). So it's definately been better under Trollope than it has been for quite some time.

We just need a defence.

Edited by Farmer Reil

I think it's almost certain that we (Birmingham) or Derby are going to take the title this season, I'm really hoping its Birmingham that pulls it off, but just from hearing about Derby's fixtures seems to give them an obvious advantage.

I say seem, because you know how low placing teams mess everything up for the higher teams.

The Football League board is to consider a proposal to scrap draws and decide matches by penalty shoot-outs, BBC Five Live understands.

The idea will be discussed by Football League chairmen and chief executives at a board meeting on Thursday.

No timescale has been given for implementing the change if the chairmen go ahead with the proposal.

"Why can't we just have a draw?" Bournemouth boss Kevin Bond told the Daily Echo newspaper.

The idea was originally put forward in the recent Football League Fans Survey.

There are currently two proposals to be considered - a traditional penalty shoot-out or where a player would have eight seconds to try and score after receiving the ball on the half-way line.

"I don't agree with it because I think it's too much of a radical change," Bond added.

"I'm very open-minded and I think certain laws of the game need to move with the times but that would be too much of a drastic measure."

The Football League board is to consider a proposal to scrap draws and decide matches by penalty shoot-outs, BBC Five Live understands.

The idea will be discussed by Football League chairmen and chief executives at a board meeting on Thursday.

No timescale has been given for implementing the change if the chairmen go ahead with the proposal.

"Why can't we just have a draw?" Bournemouth boss Kevin Bond told the Daily Echo newspaper.

The idea was originally put forward in the recent Football League Fans Survey.

There are currently two proposals to be considered - a traditional penalty shoot-out or where a player would have eight seconds to try and score after receiving the ball on the half-way line.

"I don't agree with it because I think it's too much of a radical change," Bond added.

"I'm very open-minded and I think certain laws of the game need to move with the times but that would be too much of a drastic measure."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6452013.stm

.......And this is why the Football League sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

get in wolves 0 - 6 southampton!!! we were immense today hopefully a late surge for putting our promotion plan back on track. Saganowski with a hat trick!

Anyone watching the St Jonestones Paint final? I've only caught the extra time, but looks like Donny are gonna win it today. Its a shame because I quite like Rovers.

Bollocks.

I much prefer the version on the Donny website.

No, seriously:

Donny.png

We get to the final without conceding a goal, including a win over Shitty, who - as much as it hurts me to say it - are going to be in the Championship next season, and then let in two in the first five minutes :( I see we brought our League defence, rather than our St. Johnstone's Paint Trophy defence ¬_¬.