Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread

Fully deserved.

[insert All Your Anti-Leeds Abuse Here]

And no, I didn't invade the pitch, those people were fucking morons... I honestly thought days like that were past Leeds United, but apparently not, the likes of Bremner and Revie would be disgraced if they could see the scenes today. I hope each and every one of those dicks who ran onto the field get banned from Elland Road for life because they're not true Leeds fans.

Rochdale League in 2008/9 season. :thumbsdown:

Oh and to any Leeds fans on here who think we'll bounce straight back up, don't be such arrogant pricks, Healy et al aren't going to be playing for us next year... Hell out of that team today, I imagine Rui Marques and Casper Ankergren might still be on the books next year and not much else.

Cheaper season tickets next year though... so swings and roundabouts. <_<

RIP. Leeds United Football Club.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully deserved.

[insert All Your Anti-Leeds Abuse Here]

And no, I didn't invade the pitch, those people were fucking morons... I honestly thought days like that were past Leeds United, but apparently not, the likes of Bremner and Revie would be disgraced if they could see the scenes today. I hope each and every one of those dicks who ran onto the field get banned from Elland Road for life because they're not true Leeds fans.

Rochdale League in 2008/9 season. :thumbsdown:

Oh and to any Leeds fans on here who think we'll bounce straight back up, don't be such arrogant pricks, Healy et al aren't going to be playing for us next year... Hell out of that team today, I imagine Rui Marques and Casper Ankergren might still be on the books next year and not much else.

Cheaper season tickets next year though... so swings and roundabouts. <_<

RIP. Leeds United Football Club.

Yeah, fucking arrogant pricks. How dare they try and stay positive, or even fucking dream they're good enough to come back up. Belief? HAH! None of it, Matt is right!

THE FOOLISH BASTARDS! :@

:rolleyes:

They invaded the pitch, because fuck knows why really, they didn't go after anyone in particular, they just swarmed the pitch. And Summers, if you had any idea the amount of people I've heard in the last 90 minutes say "LOL FUCK RELEGATIONZ WE'L B BK NXT YR NEWAY! WR 2 GD 4 LEEG 1! LOL! HEALY WIL RUN RIOT IN THT LEAGUE!" and such over MSN and on phone-ins on the radio as well as coming out of the ground, you'd be fucking sick of hearing it.

Exactly, despite Summers trollish objections to people wanting to install some realistic outlook on the future it really is what is needed. The club underwent a huge shakeup after relegation from the Prem and whilst it might not be the same this time around I imagine there are still some players on sizeable wages and some that will want to continue their career at a club at Championship or above level.

Clubs like Crewe have a tendency to yo-yo back and forth between the divisions but they have much greater level of stability than us. Of course the scenario similiar to this a few years back was Man City and more recently Nottingham Forest. Hopefully we can go some way to emulating their achivements but personally i'm under no illusions that we'll race away with the title next year.

I just got back from Rochdale.

I'm not gunna write a match report as noone will care but we're now level on points with that team from dud-looy.

Leeds fans - don't come down with a "big club, we're gunna win the league 'cos we've been in the champions league or whatever they call it" attitude. Sheff Wed had a similar attitude when they came down and they almost went down to league 2.

You should be looking at mid-table safety next season, then trying to build on that.

oh and: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOocnhT8FPY

I think the first thing to do is to dump their pretty useless manager. I don't really rate him at all, it was a poor decision to bring him in when Leeds desperately needed some experience. I beleive we could be a good bet to go back up, we have a great batch of youth players and a strikeforce that is proven to be prolific in the lower divisions in Sam Parkin and Adam Boyd. I like the manager and thinks he has good plans for the club and I'm looking forward to him having a bit of a shakeup and bringing in some much needed experience and maybe some fire power.

Good luck to Leeds next year and Matt if your going to come to Kenilworth Road next year, i'll say hi.

Talking about Kenilworth Road, a quick question, whats the worst ground you've been to? Mine has to be Layer Road, it was a pit.

Exactly, despite Summers trollish objections to people wanting to install some realistic outlook on the future it really is what is needed. The club underwent a huge shakeup after relegation from the Prem and whilst it might not be the same this time around I imagine there are still some players on sizeable wages and some that will want to continue their career at a club at Championship or above level.

I just know that if my team ever went down, whatever the circumstances, I'd stand firm saying we'd be back the next year.

I was skeptical that Sunderland would bounce back, in fairness I didn't want us to at the beginning of the season. However since Quinn took over, wrote off the debt and announced if we went up Keane could have maybe up to £20m to spend in the transfer market, obviously I want us to go back up.

The only way to survive in the Premiership to begin with is to have money, then you have to have a team that can perform. Forget your massive, irrepayable debts and your determined squad because they don't work, Sunderland were determined last season, we were still fucking shit. Watford were determined this season, they were pretty abysmal. However financial stability going into the Premiership gives me some hope should we, and I reckon we will, get promoted - but it's still awfully tight.

I laughed when the Brum and Brom fans were like "We'll fucking walk the league with ease", being a Sunderland fan I was a bit more cautious knowing how difficult it is just to bounce back. Fair play to Birmingham, they've played well and look like contenders to go up automatically with us, however I don't say Brom coming back and I can't say I'm not surprised. The Premiership is hard enough, because there isn't really a way you can be below the Premiership, but still too good for the Championship. The teams in the Championship can just swallow you up if your not careful, sure it's not a league made up of foreign, multi-million superstars, yeah sure the majority of players are English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh - the homeland players, but it's tough.

I'd say not only is the Premiership the best league in the world, but the Championship is possibly one of - if not the - best second tier in a football league. Plenty of teams in the Championship could be doing a Sheffield United and hacking it in the Premiership, maybe only marginally, then a select few (I'd like to say us - should we get that financial backing we seem to have been promised) can maybe go on and do what Reading done this year, what Wigan done the year before that, and what we, Sunderland, managed to do many years before them and be real contenders for UEFA Cup places.

If i'm honest, I have a feeling he could leave in the Summer and you probably will be the lead candidates to have him back. Apparently he's become a bit fond of a drink or five which is why he doesn't play much as the new boss isn't a fan of it.

Boydy always liked a beer.

He's a very confidence dependant player.

When he's playing well, he's awesome.

When he's not he looks shite and lazy.

That's the problem.

When we where a top half league one team the other year, we didn't give him much of a chance.

We sent him down to Boston who he started to play well for, but couldn't cought up 8k or something stupid.

Brought him back, gave him a chance and he was awesome.

On his day he's probably the best player I've seen play for us.

But he's the type of player you can't drop if he has a bad spell, you have to stand by him and don't fuck him off or he won't come good.

L.C.S, thanks and good luck to you too. I'll probably go to Kenilworth Road if it's a Saturday and I'm around for it because my mate said something about wanting to go and I'd like to go too. You were a decent set of fans when you came, probably one of the best we've had this year, so hopefully it'll be a decent atmosphere at your place.

As for Wise, I think he's a good manager, and has done a relatively good job with that shit he inherited. He's certainly done better than Blackwell did for us (good luck with him by the way <_<) and far, far better than Carver was. We have only really been well beaten twice under him, Southampton at home and Preston away, arguably West Brom too. But as someone who watches them every week, they always look like they're in the game, which is more than we did for the first 3 months of the season.

I dunno, I'd give him a chance next year, with his own squad of players and a full season with them. I don't really like judging managers in a short space of time.