Official Coca Cola Leagues Thread

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The championships best side cruised to victory against Leicester today, winning 4-1.

Well, that gives me an excuse to unleash a rant right?

Firstly you cannot call yourself the best championship side, why? Because your performance today was nothing except fortunate, your team lacked a controlled setup and resorted to banging balls around everywhere in a feeble attempt to get somewhere. That is hardly the play of a team which is supposidly the best in the Championship, fuck I've seen Burnley with more organisation than that. If you continue to play like that all season you won't finish higher than 17th, I guarantee you that.

Secondly you did not cruise to victory, you were gifted your ways back into the game each time, and if not for a combination of our poor excuse of a goalkeeper and the referee would not have won, let alone (in my view) get a goal. You had one good goal that was carved out due to the referee well and truly fucking us over, the first was Rab's stupid, stupid mistake, the second was the referee's stupid, stupid mistake, and the forth was once again down to our keeper. Aside from that the only way you got anything was through our lack of marking someone at the far corner of the penalty area during corners, bottom line.

I cannot deny that we partly screwed ourselves over, but if anyone aside from a Leicester or Sheffield Utd fan watched that game today it was blatantly obvious that we were overall the better side, we played top quality football which left you barely with an answer on occasion, and you fluked your way to the win.

While we ain't gonna win the league you won't be able to get away with a lucky win like that when you play a lot of other teams, instead of kissing your Sheffield Utd flag over a 4-1 win, you would be now wiping your tears away in it after getting your arses handed to you. It's just a pity we lack two vital areas (a all rounded decent keeper, and someone instead of De Vries) which would have allowed us to have done the honours.

Good luck for the rest of the season though <_<

Judging by today you're gonna need it.

The championships best side cruised to victory against Leicester today, winning 4-1.

Well, that gives me an excuse to unleash a rant right?

Firstly you cannot call yourself the best championship side, why? Because your performance today was nothing except fortunate, your team lacked a controlled setup and resorted to banging balls around everywhere in a feeble attempt to get somewhere. That is hardly the play of a team which is supposidly the best in the Championship, fuck I've seen Burnley with more organisation than that. If you continue to play like that all season you won't finish higher than 17th, I guarantee you that.

Secondly you did not cruise to victory, you were gifted your ways back into the game each time, and if not for a combination of our poor excuse of a goalkeeper and the referee would not have won, let alone (in my view) get a goal. You had one good goal that was carved out due to the referee well and truly fucking us over, the first was Rab's stupid, stupid mistake, the second was the referee's stupid, stupid mistake, and the forth was once again down to our keeper. Aside from that the only way you got anything was through our lack of marking someone at the far corner of the penalty area during corners, bottom line.

I cannot deny that we partly screwed ourselves over, but if anyone aside from a Leicester or Sheffield Utd fan watched that game today it was blatantly obvious that we were overall the better side, we played top quality football which left you barely with an answer on occasion, and you fluked your way to the win.

While we ain't gonna win the league you won't be able to get away with a lucky win like that when you play a lot of other teams, instead of kissing your Sheffield Utd flag over a 4-1 win, you would be now wiping your tears away in it after getting your arses handed to you. It's just a pity we lack two vital areas (a all rounded decent keeper, and someone instead of De Vries) which would have allowed us to have done the honours.

Good luck for the rest of the season though <_<

Judging by today you're gonna need it.

Watched the Derby/Preston match tonight. Quite good if a little scrappy at times.

I feel quite bad for Lee Camp. He's had two flaps this season that's cost Derby goals but he is a good keeper with a huge amount of potential. Rasiak and Idiakez (sp?) are both quailty players but I think Derby will struggle this season without George Burley.

Yeah, I was pretty harsh with my judgment at the time if I was completly honest, but I think it wasn't surprising seeing as we should have had a draw, and could have won on occasion. I felt our style of football was better than yours and took that as us outplaying you, the truth is both of our teams are going to need to work hard this year to be where our fans feel we should be. At the moment I don't see us either as playoff contenders, although we could be. Time will tell, apologises again for completly trashing you, good luck.

Can't. I'm working on Saturday unfortunately. I don't get to that many games but I've always managed to get to the first home game of the season, until now that is. It's dropped awkardly on a Tuesday night.