2005 NBA Playoffs Topic

Blitz

You really didn't watch that series very well, did you?  I don't really care what the final score is, if a game has an exciting ending, I'm fine with it.  People always whine and moan about the Spurs playing defense and all, but when a team averages 108.2 points per game, I'm not going to complain a lick.  That series was close, but the Suns always fell apart when they needed it the most, and the Spurs always rose to the occasion like champions should.  As for the Heat-Pistons series, those games are usually close heading into the final few minutes, but because of foul shooting the scores of the game really do not reflect how close the entire game was.  This postseason has proven to me that young stars such as Amare Stoudemire, Manu Ginobili and Dwyane Wade are securley going to lead the NBA into the next generation of studs.  The NBA has seriously nothing to worry about within the next seven-eight years. (Y) .

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!!! Heat wins the match and I think they can go to the finals. HOWEVER...I recall a year ago that the Nets had the same lead over the Pistons after winning one of the best playoff matches I ever seen in the last 3 years(...and scalabrinie helped them..now that is weird). Then the pistons won the last two games. I hope it wont happen this time cause I have a feeling I rather see a Shaq vs Nazr...er...Duncan finals. There we go.

[EDIT] I just have to disagree with naiwf on something. Not 99% of teams outside detroit and san antoinio will not watch. What about Argentina? What about France? What about...that country Darko is where his countrymen pray to see him get off the bench during the finals? If I were in Darko country, I'd be watching.....just for the sole reason to see him get off the bench at one point of the series. Well, though how impossible that would seem. Heck I'm not american and I dont live in either detroit and SA, but I would watch it. Cause I wanna see Detroit get beat for defeating Miami...IF that would ever happen.

'Sides thats the only thing I would do. Sure, last year was better since I made fun of the Lakers(and fans) losing in 5 games. But...thats life.

Edited by D-Extreme

Wow, the Pistons really got man handled today. It's an uphill struggle from here on out, but you can't expect to win when the team's PF doesn't take very many shots.

If the Pistons manage to make it past the Heat then I don't think the Finals will be the "lowest rated ever". I think the Spurs and Pistons could provide quite an entertaining final if given the opportunity. I think that the NBA's current resurgence would help boost the ratings for a Spurs/Pistons final. I'm not going to argue that D-Wad and Shaq would probably draw more, but I don't think the Pistons will cause a complete tanking in the ratings. Of course, my whole point is moot if the Heat move on to the next round.

I've already stated several times that a Pistons/Spurs finals would be unwatchable. Bore me to death. Don't get me wrong both teams are great TEAMS but I don't want to watch Ben Wallace and Tim Duncan trade missed foul shots as every layup is turned into a person face first on the floor. And memo to Rip Hamilton TAKE THE DAMN MASK OFF!

I would much rather watch the Pistons and the Spurs than the Heat and the Spurs. When the ball is given to Dwyane Wade or Shaquille O'Neal nearly every time down the court, I can't find a game interesting. The Pistons play an excellent game, because they play TEAM basketball. Anyone who has every actually played basketball will realize that playing like the Pistons will tire out any defense, and you'll win most every game as long as a couple of the guys on the court are on top of their game. When everyone plays defensive all-out like that, a team is hard to beat.

I've already stated several times that a Pistons/Spurs finals would be unwatchable.  Bore me to death.  Don't get me wrong both teams are great TEAMS but I don't want to watch Ben Wallace and Tim Duncan trade missed foul shots as every layup is turned into a person face first on the floor.  And memo to Rip Hamilton  TAKE THE DAMN MASK OFF!

Hamilton can't take "the damn mask" off because he has had multiple broken noses. If he were to break the nose again, it would require major surgery, and he'd be risking serious damage. My guess is he would rather be safe than sorry in this case.

Edited by VerbalPuke

I'm surprised noones commented on last nights Heat/Pistons game. I know Wade wasn't playing, but to be blown out like that is just unexcusable this late into the playoffs. Spurs are enjoying thier rest as these teams battle it out. It's great stuff.

I'm sure I read somewhere before the playoffs Rip was wearing the Mask because he thought it brung him good luck...

With EJ carrying an injury, Shaq arund 80% and Wade probably only at 50%, the Heat are either gonna lose tot he Pistons, or get handled by the Spurs in the Finals.

Congrats to the Pistons, I guess I've watched my last game until the impending lockout is over. It surely doesn't help the NBA that their final series before a work stoppage involves two small market teams and one superstar with the charisma of a wooden plank. I'm just hoping they won't go the way of that hockey league we used to have, what was it called again? <_<

Not to take anything away from the Pistons, but they would be fucking nowhere if either of Indiana or Miami was at full strength.

I knew Miami never had a hope, Wade injured, Shaq injured, EJ injured then 3D injured at the start of the game.Plus, when Rasheed started playing, the Pistons win.

Spurs or Pistons could go either way.All I know is Manu Ginobili is probably one of the few players who could play Rip end to end.

Manu for Finals MVP!

yeah I like Manu. Infact, I think he is one of the best guards to play with the Spurs...who is not from America. Is Del Negro from America? Just curious..thats all.

But yeah, Detroit had a good break. The only series they won fairly was with Philly. If Indiana had Artest with them, it would have been a seven game struggle between the two teams. Oh well, I guess luck has its way of playing out.

Will the Pistons win by their luck again? Or will the injuries that plagued their previous opponents come back to haunt them. Anyway, what happened to Dice? I saw him limping during the last minutes of the 4th.

I'd Probably watch Game one...but then again, its a school day. Oh well, maybe Game two. Its not worth skipping school(which I did twice in last year's finals) anymore. Nothing good, except for Manu and Parker. So far, those two are the only back court tandem I like in the West. In the East I have about 5 of them(including Detroit's)

Edited by D-Extreme

Congrats to the Pistons, I guess I've watched my last game until the impending lockout is over. It surely doesn't help the NBA that their final series before a work stoppage involves two small market teams and one superstar with the charisma of a wooden plank. I'm just hoping they won't go the way of that hockey league we used to have, what was it called again? <_<

Alright... since when does two of the top 15 cities population wise count as small markets?

Alright... since when does two of the top 15 cities population wise count as small markets?

Edited by naiwf

Damn, just when I thought Miami was going to win, the Pistons beat them :(

Stupid Damon Jones, you gotta make the Free throws when they count :shifty:

Meh..i'm predicting Spurs in 6. I probably won't watch any of the Games all the way through, but I might glance a few times.