Members of a band who...

Guest George

Guest George

I was thinking about this, what band members do you think, aren't as good as their co-members on the band?

I'll have to say...

Ringo Starr - Drummer on Beatles

Lars Ulrich - Drummer on Metallica

Soundgarden's bassist

Hmmm.... I can't think of any others.... refresh my mind please.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Lars isn't that bad; he's just one of the biggest assholes to ever step behind a drum kit.

But I agree with you completely about Ringo Starr.

Offhand, I'd have to say.....

Vivian Campbell, the guy who replaced Steve Clark (RIP) in Def Leppard. They could have done better.

Syco, Ringo was shit on drums - with or without comparison to the other members.

The only really glaring one I can think of, is Travis Barker is way too good to be playing with someone like Mark Hoppus. Even though I like some of their music (particularly their new album) it can't be denied.

Even though Ringo was shit, he was the most important Beatle apparently, as he was one of the main reasons they stuck together for so long.

Ringo left the band for a while because of the constant fighting. The reason they stayed together so long were contracts and feelings they could fight through it. All of the Beatles left the group at different points in time only to come back.

Ringo wasn't a fantastic dummer but he was decent enough, and to take him out of the Beatles would make the band completely different... the Beatles wouldn't have been the same band (and possibley, not as good) with a different drummer. Anyway, if you think Ringo was bad how bad must have Pete Best have been! Ringo was said to blow Pete out of the water!

Watching Trujillo play with Metallica is a little strange at first, but he's incredibly entertaining to watch. And calling Hammett a weak link is just sacreligious; that man is God on guitar.

I guess Krist Novaselic was the weaker link in Nirvana, as he didn't seem to do that much, and when he did, nothing special.

Come on..how many other bassists have wailed themselves in the head with a bass on live TV?

Guest t3h_G0dZ

If anyone's the weakest link in Metallica it's Hammett.

I kinda agree. I'm not feeling Trujillo, to be honest. But yeah, I've always prefered the Metallica that had Jason Newsted, but whatever.

As for Lars...I was watching Some Kind Of Monster, and he's an animal on the skins, damnit.

So yeah, the weakest link for me is Trujillo. He might have been good in Suicidal Tendencies, but I feel he's just not good in Metallica.

Trujilio is a fantastic bassist, but it's hard as very few people could sound good over that piece of shit Metallica just released. As for Hammet, he's over-rated - solos do not a guitarist make.

As for Novoselic, he's not too bad - on the Unplugged album he has a few nice baselines here and there, but he's certainly not on Grohl or Cobain's level song writing wise.

Edited by fineintent

I guess Krist Novaselic was the weaker link in Nirvana, as he didn't seem to do that much, and when he did, nothing special.

Apart from co-founding the group and being there from his and Kurt's high school days through to the end......

And of course playing at least four different instruments (that I can think of now) at different times in the group. He was awesome on bass, double bass and acordian, particularly on the Unplugged album.

He's also been one of the main factors to keep Kurt's memory from being pissed over by Courtney Love.

Remember, it is relevent to Grohl and Kobain, so saying he was the weak link instrument wise isn't overly nasty, as it is just being honest.