Chelsea thread

G-O-D

Second half of Chelsea vs CSKA Moscow just started, and what a superb goal by Robben during the first half.

Moscow wasted all of their corners thus far , and Vagner Love takes the worst penalty I have ever seen in European football...

Edited by G-O-D

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chelsea target Joaquin up for sale?

Real Betis president Manuel Ruiz de Lopera has hinted that he may be prepared to sell winger Joaquin Sanchez to Chelsea.

The Spain international is the jewel in the Betis crown and Lopera has already turned down big money bids for the player from both Real Madrid and a number of English Premiership clubs.

Madrid president Florentino Perez is known to be a fan of the 23-year-old, while Lopera has revealed Chelsea have made some tempting offers.

Lopera has now admitted that Joaquin may well be on his way - but does not expect him to leave for the Bernabeu.

'I have the feeling that if Joaquin does end up at another club, it might not be Real Madrid, because we have had some offers that maybe Real Madrid can't match,' he said, admitting past interest from Chelsea.

'Chelsea made me a very big offer, I said no and when they said they wanted to keep on negotiating they changed their coach and it stopped. But now it seems their new coach (Jose Mourinho) also likes him and we have had a few proposals in lunches we have had.

'If they raise their offer, one day we are going to say yes.'

Mutu Suspended for 7 months (now it's official). Kinda lucky considering the suspension would have to go from 6 months to 2 years by law. The suspension started in october 25th which is the date he was pre-suspended. He's also fined in 20k.. His agent isn't worried with how Chelsea dealt with that since he allready had proposals from 4 clubs, two of them from England. Either way whoever gets him will probably only get to see him play next season.

Edited by Malenko

I don't see it as a disgrace personally. Ferdinand missed the test, and in the eyes of the FA etc, he took performance enhancing drugs which was why he didn't turn up. And for all we know, that is the exact reason. If that were the case, 8 months is a let off.

But back on subject, Mutu took a recreational drug and admitted it. He didn't deny it. Performance enhancing drugs and recreational drugs are two ENTIRELY different things, and the punishment should be intirely different. 7 months is a good time suspension, but the fine I would've increased for the simple fact £20,000 is nothing to him.

NEW BADGE FOR THE BLUES

Chelsea have unveiled a badge that will adorn the team's shirts and represent the club brand worldwide for the next 100 years.

The new design was launched at Stamford Bridge by Chelsea’s chief executive Peter Kenyon, accompanied by life vice-president Lord Attenborough, manager José Mourinho and group business affairs director Paul Smith.

The design is strongly based on the 1950s original and should please Blues fans who have been keen for a return to the badge first used by the club in 1953.

The 1953 emblem was also the official badge when the League Championship was won, marking Chelsea’s 50th anniversary in 1955.

It will be effective from May 2005, in time for the club’s Centenary Season and a special Centenary version of the badge will be used during that year.

Kenyon told the club's official website www.chelseafc.com: “We are incredibly proud of Chelsea’s heritage.

"The design of this new badge is based on the one from the 1950s and it was a conscious decision to do this.

“As we approach our Centenary Year, and the club embarks on a new and very exciting era, it is appropriate that we have a new identity that reflects our tradition and can represent us for the next 100 years.”

badge1842.jpg

source: premierleague.com

:huh: Horrible.

• 3 weeks later...

4-0 to the champions! :P

Must say, I thought we were pretty crap in the first half, nothing seemed to be going right at all. But the second half was superb. I thought Drogba and Robben's goals were particulaly good. Also good to see Kezman finally getting his goal.

IMO, we're definately ready for Arsenal.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

You haven't won the league in 49 years, only when you do (which I assure you, you will not) will you be champions.

Oh well, theres always the league cup.