G-O-D

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mourinho back for Ferreira

Jose Mourinho is set to make Porto defender Paulo Ferreira his first signing as Chelsea manager.

Reports in Portugal claim Mourinho has returned to his former club to capture the 25-year-old Portuguese international stopper.

Porto chairman Jorge Pinto da Costa revealed Chelsea's interest during a ceremony marking the start of his new term in charge at the club.

But the Porto chairman provided no further details of the proposed move.

Mourinho had pledged to trim Chelsea's expensively assembled squad to try and instil the sort of hunger that underpinned his success at Porto.

_40236945_ferreira203.jpg

And his first act as Chelsea boss was to ship under-performing Argentine midfielder Juan Sebastian Veron to Inter Milan on loan.

But Mourinho has made little secret of the fact that he intends to raid his former club for key players who helped them lift the Champions League title.

Since joining Porto in 2002, Paulo Ferreira has been an integral part of the Dragons' success under Mourinho.

He has amassed two Portuguese championship medals, Portuguese Cup and Super Cup honours, as well as Uefa Cup and Champions League medals.

Source

So Maurinho's NOT trying to sign half his team?

I don't see why Porto want to sell all there good players to Chelsea, and Mourinho. It's amazing, they win the Champions League, Lose there manager and then lose all there top players. Porto won't even get out the qualifying group stage at next year's Champions league, and you heard it here first.

Chelsea have robbed Porto of everything.

LOL, true

Apperently that Paulo guy has moved to Chelsea for £13m!!!!!! He is no-where NEAR worth that much, but once again, it is Chelsea, so there you go.

Looks like Glen Johnson is going to have a terrible time next season, I think he is one of the best right backs in England, but he will go to waste like Joe Cole :(

I think Glen Johnson will probably be on the bench with Paulo Ferreira as the first choice right back.

New Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho will lay down the law to his players and warn them they face being booted out of the club if they do not conform to his strict code of conduct.

Each Chelsea star will be presented with Mourinho's new rules as the Portuguese head coach outlined his plans to bring the Premiership title to Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho, who is expected to make Porto full-back Paulo Ferreira his first signing next week, also insisted he did not fear the sack himself - and guaranteed that within four years the title would be Chelsea's.

'On the first day of the season the players will get a document with internal rules, a code of conduct, about a lot of things,' said Mourinho.

'For example, if the medical department gives a player a time sheet about treatment, if you then don't go to that treatment, then... [Mourinho drew his his finger across his throat].

'If the injured player is French, he cannot go on three days' holiday to Paris. The punishment will be a fine or out of the club. Money is not a problem for them, although it is better to give to poor people than leave the club for stupid things.

'I don't say no drink, but we must understand when and how. You play on a Saturday and your next game is the next Saturday, if you drink a little it is not bad. But if you are playing on a Saturday then play Real Madrid in the Champions League on the Tuesday, if you don't drink your recovery time is much quicker so this is not the moment to drink. We must communicate.

'What concerns me is that the next morning the player is ready to train at a high level. To train at a high level he cannot go to bed at three in the morning. If you go to bed at that time, the next day I know he didn't sleep well.'

Mourinho insisted he will not be swayed by Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's love of excitement.

He added: 'If Mr Abramovich likes 5-4, I am sure he hates 4-5. So if you have to choose between 4-5 and 1-0, you have to go for the 1-0.

'Certain matches, if you are winning 1-0, and if you go for 2-0, you could lose two points. Certain matches you will defend the last 15 minutes, a few people may not be happy but a few days later they will see Chelsea have three more points.'

He also claims that Chelsea must believe they can win the league title in his first season - and guaranteed that it will arrive within four years.

'I have to think it, it's not easy and I can't say we are going to win. But inside we have to think every day this is our aim. One thing I will promise, if you give me four years I will win the championship.'

'If the board decides I am not the right manager to win the championship and decides to sack me, I think I will get a few weeks' holiday and it will not be difficult to get a new club.'

Source

Looks like Mourinho is a very strict disciplinarian...

Czech Republic star Pavel Nedved has revealed he turned down a lucrative offer from Chelsea to stay at Juventus.

The skilful midfielder insists he has no plans to quit Juve where he has two years to run on his contract.

Chelsea have been tracking Nedved for some time as they look to continue their plans to sign the world's biggest stars, but he has always resisted their overtures.

The 31-year-old admitted he could have made more money at Chelsea, but that he was planning to end his career in Turin.

"I have another two years on my contract with Juventus and I have no intention to leave," said Nedved.

"To stay in Turin I refused €7 million net from Chelsea."

Juve would fight any bid for the former Lazio star as he is deemed one of their most important stars, and is central to their plans for next season after a disappointing campaign last term.

Source