PS3 Unveiled

zero

I figured we should make an official topic, since the one I just posted pics in features a fake model. In short, the PS3 has been unveiled and looks like a standard Sony machine. No pictures of the controller yet though. IGN is also repeatedly updating the new site - ps3.ign.com - with breaking news. One of the latest tidbits says the next Grand Theft Auto will be a launch title... can't wait to get a look at that one. Here's a list (stolen directly from IGN, thank you), of games that have been shown:

May 16, 2005 - Sony just demonstrated clips of a bunch of new PS3 games that were supposedly all real-time and all incredible.

We'll have full reports on all of these games within the next few hours, but right now the list looks a little something like,

# Tekken -- Namco.

# Killzone -- Guerilla

# Vision Gran Turismo -- Polyphony Digital

# Formula One -- Sony Liverpool

# Untitled Old West Game -- Rockstar

# Oh-Ni -- Koei

# Mobile Suit Gundam -- Bandai

# Devil May Cry 4 -- Capcom

# Super Gory Wolfenstein Style FPS -- Insomniac

# Metal Gear Solid 4 -- Konami

# PYEdentify Voice Recognition Game -- SCEA

# Fifth Phantom Saga -- Sega

# Heavenly Sword -- Sony

# Warhawk -- Incognito

# Killing Day -- Ubisoft

# Motor Storm -- Evolution

We'll have more details as they come.

Warhawk bitch! No give me Twisted Metal Blacker. Also, full backwards compatibility has been confirmed which means the PS3 will not only play PS2 games, but PS1 games, which was doubted at once.

Edited by Zero

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just by the looks of things , the ps3 has the upperhand on the nextgen xbox , and the ability to use your psp as a controller is gonna be sweet if the developers implement it. I wonder what Grand theft Auto Next will be like ?

Just by the looks of things , the ps3 has the upperhand on the  nextgen xbox , and the ability to use your psp as a controller is gonna be sweet if  the developers implement  it. I wonder what Grand theft Auto Next will be like ?

I wouldn't get my hopes up on PSP compatibility... Nintendo flaunted that with the Cube and they fell flat on their faces with that one.

Ugh. Just fucking ugh.

I warned you. I hope to God that "design subject to change without notice" rings true for the controller. It's worse than the 360's awful design... I'd rather have the dual shock with wires than that piece of shit.

I can't see the pic on the ign site  or the one posted here , is the controller that bad ?

Yes, it's that bad. It looks like a shitty third party controller I got for my PS1 at launch, only twice the size.

The PS3 looks five million times better on its side then it does on its belly. And that controller...ugh...what the fuck is with the ugly controller trend nowadays.

The black design is sexy. But I have no fucking clue what Sony or Microsoft are thinking when it comes to controllers, I'm still holding out hope for Nintendo.

ok now that controller is whack , like they are designing the systems to be played by King kong. maybe they know something we don't ?

I really hope the design changes , or old controllers will work or make they make newe controllers the same as the original but silver. Anything besides that big ass bommerrang

The black design is sexy.  But I have no fucking clue what Sony or Microsoft are thinking when it comes to controllers, I'm still holding out hope for Nintendo.

Hahahahahahahaha that has to be the best joke I've ever heard. Oh wait, you're serious about Nintendo having a good controller design. They started the whole ugly conroller thing with the Gamecube.

Speaking of which, am I the only one that found the Super Nintendo control absolutely hideous?

Damn right God of War is a great game , DMC was the same thing , go from stage to stage shooting shit , I hope they add the ability for the psp to be used as controllers if so i won't worry about the horrible shaped controllers