PS3 Unveiled

zero

I like the look not much different from the ps2 just a bit of a curve on top and the controller yes is ugly but I will embrace the boomerang with my love as I play my awesome ps3 games on launch day.

any news on a harddrive like the xbox had?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahahahahahaha that has to be the best joke I've ever heard. Oh wait, you're serious about Nintendo having a good controller design. They started the whole ugly conroller thing with the Gamecube.

The Cube controller may be ugly, but it's a dream for gameplay... with the exception of fighters. The button layout sucks, but it's a hell of a lot better than what the 360 or PS3 are looking to be offering at this stage in the game.

Speaking of which, am I the only one that found the Super Nintendo control absolutely hideous?

Yes, yes you are.

Speaking of which, am I the only one that found the Super Nintendo control absolutely hideous?

Yes, yes you are.

Shaddup! You're not the president of everybody and gets to speak for everyone! :P

Yes, yes you are.

Shaddup! You're not the president of everybody and gets to speak for everyone! :P

Apparently you didn't get the memo...

The SNES controller is the standard for which all controllers have followed. Shoulder buttons, four main face buttons and the perfect layout for any genre. And I'm eager to see about the Big N's rumored touch screen controller this time around.

GTA isn't a launch title.

May 16, 2005 - Despite early reports that claimed Grand Theft Auto would be a PS3 launch title (gotta love that early launch chaos), we have confirmed with our editors at the Sony E3 press event that no new GTA title has been confirmed for Sony's upcoming machine.

What Rockstar did confirm, however, was that it would be supporting the powerhouse system in the future and that it's looking forward to creating living, breathing worlds with the Cell technology.

Evidence of this could be found in Rockstar's PS3 trailer that showed an old-west style desert game that is as of yet unnamed. We'll have more on that in just a few minutes.

Guest Grapehead

I've got a few quick comments...

Firstly, I enjoyed the GBA to GC connectivity, they did some good things with it and laid the ground work for something that could be built upon and I expect more handheld participation in the coming generation of consoles. Giving players new areas, ala Animal Crossing, entire games to play, Crystal Chronicles/Four Swords, maps and hidden items, Prince of Persia/Phantasy Star Online/etc. I don't see how they fell flat on their faces with an innovative idea that was tested for the first time. Everyone seems to put down Nintendo for not stepping forward, when they've moved forward with many ideas, the DS' touch screen, handheld to console connectivity, they even started backwards compatibility with the Gameboys of old, allowing for the improved Gameboy color to host the original Gameboy titles. Nintendo may have overlooked a few things considered basics, like DVD support and a solid internet connection, but they made big changes in actual video games and it's gameplay.

Also, the GC's controller is not much to look at, as my first opinions were bad, but it is THE controller for the current gens. I would pick no controller over the GC, past or present, because once you actually get used to it(which for most people would take a good 10 hours a most) there's no beating it. It's comfortable in the hand, the buttons are easy to access, and it's solid and durable. My main point is comfort, I can't stress it enough, because I don't think many people could understand how much more comfortable it is until you actually own a GC and play it constantly.

Finally, I like the look of the new PS3 but I'd have to join the majority who thinks that controller is a crime against the video game community. I don't think it should be allowed on the market even, not to mention my computer screen. When I see that thing, I think a third party company may have gotten a jump on the next gen consoles.

i fucking hate any system that sucks in discs, HATE.

Including the PC? :kiss:

Actually, I know what Bose looks like.

That

made me think of this.

Uh... what? Those look nothing alike... it's like comparing a bear to a whale.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I like the look of the console on its side (it looks like a laminator sitting normally), those controllers don't look very hand friendly, too 'futuristic' and aerodynamic looking to believe that they were created to sit well in the hand. I can see them releasing the original style ones, at least alongside the system anyway.