PS3 Unveiled

zero

Guest Grapehead

My major problem with the PS2 controller is the shoulder buttons, it doesn't feel enough like a trigger, and thus I can't play an FPS properly. Xbox had the perfect controller(s-type) for FPS' imo, and atleast the GC's felt somewhat trigger-esque so I managed. I'll agree that Sony's controller always looked best, and for a long time I didn't figure there could be a better controller... then I actually got a GC.

I found the GC trigger buttons annoying. It seemed like I had to press down on them forever to actually get the button to click.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My major problem with the PS2 controller is the shoulder buttons, it doesn't feel enough like a trigger, and thus I can't play an FPS properly. Xbox had the perfect controller(s-type) for FPS' imo, and atleast the GC's felt somewhat trigger-esque so I managed. I'll agree that Sony's controller always looked best, and for a long time I didn't figure there could be a better controller... then I actually got a GC.

I found the GC trigger buttons annoying. It seemed like I had to press down on them forever to actually get the button to click.

AND there was rumors that the next GTA would be a launch game for PS3 (it turned out false), but why would they even mention it if it was supposed to come out for XBOX 360?

I wonder what Grand theft Auto Next will be like ?

Microsoft now owns Rockstar games and the "no compete clause" that Rockstar has with Sony expired with the release of San Andreas. What that means is the next GTA game will either be for only XBOX or it will be for XBOX first and then PS3 and PC months later.

Guest strongarm85

The talk about Rockstar having a "no compete clause" with Microsoft is comeplete BS. I don't know what your sources are. But Rockstar has a Western title that has yet to be named due to come out on PS3 at launch, more than likly the sequal to Red Dead Revolver.

Guest Grapehead

The talk about Rockstar having a "no compete clause" with Microsoft is comeplete BS. I don't know what your sources are. But Rockstar has a Western title that has yet to be named due to come out on PS3 at launch, more than likly the sequal to Red Dead Revolver.

Guest Mr McFarlane

ew. devil may cry 4.

What do you have against Devil May Cry?

let's see, horrible camera angles. stale gameplay. stale charecter. did i mention the stale gameplay? story is trite. pretty much everything about it blows.

god of war is how you do that style of game correctly.

Guest strongarm85

ew. devil may cry 4.

let's see, horrible camera angles. stale gameplay. stale charecter. did i mention the stale gameplay? story is trite. pretty much everything about it blows.

Guest Mr McFarlane

ew. devil may cry 4.

You've got to be shitting me.

How can call the gameplay stale? With 4 different styles, style specific moves, weapon specific moves, and a decent selection of weapons, you have way more options in combat then any other action game out there (God of War included).

Depending on which style you choose, your approach to combat is different. Same goes with which weapons you choose to use.

In God of War, you're stuck with 2 weapons and a few (4) extra abilities.

Devil May Cry 3 absolutely crushes God of War in terms of what you can do in combat.

Not to mention, the combo system in Devil May Cry 3 is free-form while God of War is dial-a-combo.

As for character, that's a matter of opinion. Personally, I didn't like Kratos much myself.

As for the cameras, sure they aren't the greatest but you can adjust the cameras somewhat (unlike in God of War).

As for the story, again that's a matter of opinion.

God of War is fun and is a pretty good game, but when it comes to actual combat, Devil May Cry 3 is king.

I read the No Compete stuff about Rockstar and Sony in an older issue of PSM. I'm not pulling this out of my ass here.

The No Compete wasn't for all of Rockstar games it was just for the Grand Theft Auto series. The idea was the Microsoft would attract many new gamers with the exclusive rights to GTA, thus taking a chunk of Sony's market share.

Guest strongarm85

I read the No Compete stuff about Rockstar and Sony in an older issue of PSM. I'm not pulling this out of my ass here.

The No Compete wasn't for all of Rockstar games it was just for the Grand Theft Auto series. The idea was the Microsoft would attract many new gamers with the exclusive rights to GTA, thus taking a chunk of Sony's market share.

Actually, Vice said the No Compete clause was just for GTA games, and then you went and mentioned how they're releasing a game on the PS3 that has nothing to do with GTA. ;)

I know what you're trying to get across though.