PS3 Unveiled

zero

I see I'm the only one who thinks the PS3 controller isn't too bad. Probably because I read your comments and prepared for the worst, but I think it's alright, better than the 360. Obviously not as good as the current PS controllers, but still passable, my only real problem with it is the 'handle' type bits being a bit long.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a George Foreman thing...kinda. Who cares what it looks like though, who buys a console for its apperance? The controller seems a bit odd, looks like a PC pad. If it is wireless that'll be cool. Some nice screenies on show, Killzone looks awesome.

For me, and many people I know, the PS2 Dual Shock controller is as perfect as it'll get until we can control games by moving our eyes or with the power of our mind.

Analogue sensitivity on the buttons, perfect shape for holding, it just feels right.

Nothing else has ever made as much sense, whatver anyone says.

Rectangular controllers just didn't work.

The Megadrive controller was just to chunky and ABC in the line meant you couldn't really press two at once.

The Nintendo controllers have NEVER done it for me, either being too small (for the children!) or just too complicated and random.

And the X-Box controller doesn't have what it takes.

They kept the PS controller (with updates - analogue buttons) for the PS2...I say they do the same for the PS3.

Guest Grapehead

My major problem with the PS2 controller is the shoulder buttons, it doesn't feel enough like a trigger, and thus I can't play an FPS properly. Xbox had the perfect controller(s-type) for FPS' imo, and atleast the GC's felt somewhat trigger-esque so I managed. I'll agree that Sony's controller always looked best, and for a long time I didn't figure there could be a better controller... then I actually got a GC.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

My only gripe is how it fits in the hand, it looks like it was built for appearance rather than user-friendliness, if its easy to hold, then potentially its the exact same controller, thats what I'm hoping for.

We know either Sony or a 3rd party company will release an 'original' controlpad anyway.

My major problem with the PS2 controller is the shoulder buttons, it doesn't feel enough like a trigger, and thus I can't play an FPS properly. Xbox had the perfect controller(s-type) for FPS' imo, and atleast the GC's felt somewhat trigger-esque so I managed. I'll agree that Sony's controller always looked best, and for a long time I didn't figure there could be a better controller... then I actually got a GC.

To me, the GC controller and the original XBox controller were too plasticy feeling, the Xbox improved with the smaller one because it seemed less hollow, but I just didn't like them.

I won't buy this on launch But I'll definitely be buying it

here's something I found on IGN

"Yes. Yes. Undoubtedly. One thing I didn't get to tell you was that you'll actually be able to use the PS3 like your own radio station and do your own broadcast with a camera. Yep. From anywhere, even."

I think it looks fucking sexy. After seeing the Nintendo and X-box I was hoping Sony would match them and it's surpassed them in the looks dept if you ask me. Being a PS2 man I now avidly await release. The controller does let it down a bit but who knows til you actually get it into your hands. It might work better than the Dualshock2. Unlikely but it might. Surely they have dudes at Sony who's jobs depend on creating ergonomically sound controllers. So I'll hold judgment until I hold one.

I was thinking maybe since the whole legal issues involving the dualshock controller , maybe that's why Sony made the new controllers like that , either way it's still a great system and now I'm drooling over Killzone and the other games

It was the dualshock2 technology that was illegally obtained, rather than the actual design, but I suppose they're looking for a change.

I thought the colour choice sucked, but then I saw that there was indeed a black one, and regardless of either one, it IS fucking sexy.

I actually like the white one the most and it's the one I'm planning on picking up. If not then black, and if that backfires then I'll go with grey. I just like that the white won't really show much dust when you dont feel like cleaning it.

I must be the only one that thinks the "next generation" graphics look like "current generation" graphics. If they didn't tell you what generation it was, I'd assume it was a game for PS2.

Talking about that Killzone screenshot, by the way.