PS3 Unveiled

zero

Guest Grapehead

There's a GTA game for PSP scheduled is there not? I'd like Vice to explain that since he's the expert on this No Compete bullshit.

EDIT: Link It's on the list of games for E3 as well.

Edited by Grapehead

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking shit people, Microsoft has no deal with Rockstar concerning the GTA. Simple as that. They have limted exclusivity with Sony until 2006 and nothing beyond that has been announced. Please provide a link proving anything about a Microsoft/Rockstar deal and I'll stand corrected.

I'm pretty sure PSM has the equivalent of a rumours column, I'd have to check my friend's issues. That's probably where he got his "information".

There's a GTA game for PSP scheduled is there not? I'd like Vice to explain that since he's the expert on this No Compete bullshit.

EDIT: Link It's on the list of games for E3 as well.

Christ, he's not talking about your mother.

FYI, word has it Grapehead was actually conceived during a murderous rampage in the back of an ice cream truck, so it is theoretically possible that GTA is his mother.

Guest strongarm85

Look guys, Vice dosn't know what he's talking about, end of story. If Rockstar had signed such a deal right about the time Vice city came out don't you think that 2 years later when San Andreas came out that it would have showed on on X-box first. You don't even have to look to future games to see that he's wrong 100% wrong, you can look at the current games and see that.

Guest Grapehead

Look guys, Vice dosn't know what he's talking about, end of story. If Rockstar had signed such a deal right about the time Vice city came out don't you think that 2 years later when San Andreas came out that it would have showed on on X-box first. You don't even have to look to future games to see that he's wrong 100% wrong, you can look at the current games and see that.

Please read Vice's posts, he said the fabled No Compete clause took effect after the release of San Andreas and only involved the GTA games, so far he's right if you only look at current games. That's why someone else and then myself mentioned the PSP game that he seems to have overlooked. He is wrong, but you're a twat as well, but Vice only read an article and took it as complete truth, a common mistake, where as you being a twat is just something you have to live with forever.

How ironic. Do yourself a favour, and step back for the love of God.

Guest strongarm85

Look, Rockstar is already making a launch game for PlayStation 3, if there where such a clause it would have applyed to all of their titles, not just GTA. If you want to beleive that Rockstar is going to start only releasing their Grand go ahead, but your a moron for doing so.

Oh and a mudda...

If I'm such a twat how come I'm banging your mom right now.

Look, Rockstar is already making a launch game for PlayStation 3, if there where such a clause it would have applyed to all of their titles, not just GTA. If you want to beleive that Rockstar is going to start only releasing their Grand go ahead, but your a moron for doing so.

Oh and a mudda...

If I'm such a twat how come I'm banging your mom right now.

Guest solidsnake

I figured we should make an official topic, since the one I just posted pics in features a fake model.  In short, the PS3 has been unveiled and looks like a standard Sony machine.  No pictures of the controller yet though.  IGN is also repeatedly updating the new site - ps3.ign.com - with breaking news.  One of the latest tidbits says the next Grand Theft Auto will be a launch title... can't wait to get a look at that one.  Here's a list (stolen directly from IGN, thank you), of games that have been shown:

May 16, 2005 - Sony just demonstrated clips of a bunch of new PS3 games that were supposedly all real-time and all incredible.

We'll have full reports on all of these games within the next few hours, but right now the list looks a little something like,

# Tekken -- Namco.

# Killzone -- Guerilla

# Vision Gran Turismo -- Polyphony Digital

# Formula One -- Sony Liverpool

# Untitled Old West Game -- Rockstar

# Oh-Ni -- Koei

# Mobile Suit Gundam -- Bandai

# Devil May Cry 4 -- Capcom

# Super Gory Wolfenstein Style FPS -- Insomniac

# Metal Gear Solid 4 -- Konami

a

# PYEdentify Voice Recognition Game -- SCEA

# Fifth Phantom Saga -- Sega

# Heavenly Sword -- Sony

# Warhawk -- Incognito

# Killing Day -- Ubisoft

# Motor Storm -- Evolution

We'll have more details as they come.

Warhawk bitch! No give me Twisted Metal Blacker. Also, full backwards compatibility has been confirmed which means the PS3 will not only play PS2 games, but PS1 games, which was doubted at once.

GTA will never be a launch title for any system, That'd be a horrible idea.

Why would that be a horrible idea? Halo being a launch title was the only reason the XBox survived this console war. Launching a system with GTA would make it a necessity to own.

Guest Mr McFarlane

GTA will never be a launch title for any system, That'd be a horrible idea.

Why would that be a horrible idea? Halo being a launch title was the only reason the XBox survived this console war. Launching a system with GTA would make it a necessity to own.

Kou you really need to stop puting other teens down due to your past experiences.

As for the GTA launch title situation, I tend to agree with Kou. I'd rather developers get more experience with the new technology and see how far they could push the next GTA rather than just work from scratch.