Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

He can play in the same position as Fletcher but that’s not the argument I was making. My point is, he is a versatile midfielder but a completely different type than Fletcher. Whereas Fletcher’s strong point is defensively, his is in attack thus they are different in the same sense as Keane and Scholes, Lampard and Makelele and so many other midfield partnerships in the premiership.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually see Park fitting in well over here. From what i've seen of him (which admittedly isn't a huge amount) he seems to be someone with a lot of energy and a good workrate. Those are pretty essential qualities for Premiership football. Whether he has the technical ability to match though i'm unsure, we'll have to see if he's good enough to make the step up.

I'm with public enemy on the Fletcher issue. I like him, i think he was very good towards the end of the season and I see him becoming a much better player over the next few years. He just needs to keep clear of injuries.

Darren Fletcher is one of those invisible players, who really has no effect on games. I hardly notice the guy is playing half the time. IMO Man Utd need a player like Keane used to be - someone to really shake things up in the centre of midfield. They have the turn of pace in Rooney, Giggs and Ronaldo, they need a more dynamic centre.

Darren Fletcher is one of those invisible players, who really has no effect on games. I hardly notice the guy is playing half the time. IMO Man Utd need a player like Keane used to be - someone to really shake things up in the centre of midfield. They have the turn of pace in Rooney, Giggs and Ronaldo, they need a more dynamic centre.

Viola land Frey

Fiorentina have signed goalkeeper Sebastien Frey on a year-long loan from Serie A rivals Parma.

The former Cannes and Internazionale custodian arrives at the Artemio Franchi after helping Parma avoid relegation from the Italian top-flight last season.

The Frenchman will be reunited with former Parma boss Cesare Prandelli, who replaced Dino Zoff in the Viola hot-seat earlier this month.

The 25-year-old joins the Florence club on reduced wages, with Fiorentina keeper Cristiano Lupatelli going the other way to the Ennio Tardini as part of the deal.

The news is sure to end speculation regarding Frey's future, as the keeper was linked with the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United while Inter were also mentioned with bringing him back to the Giuseppe Meazza.

ATLETICO AGREE KEZMAN DEAL

Reports in Spain suggest that Atletico Madrid and Chelsea have reached agreement over the proposed transfer of Mateja Kezman.

The player himself has already made clear his desire to quit Stamford Bridge for Spain, and the two clubs have quickly settled upon the terms of the transfer.

However, Atletico will not press ahead with the deal until they get a definitive answer from Barcelona about their pursuit of Javier Saviola.

The Argentine has been deemed surplus to requirements at Camp Nou by Frank Rijkaard even though he has expressed a desire to stay.

Atletico have long wanted to take him to the Vicente Calderon and, in contrast to Kezman, Saviola holds an EU passport.

That makes him an attractive proposition as it would allow Atletico to bring in another 'foreign' player.

The capital club are looking to make a number of signings this summer and could yet decide that a move for Saviola would enable them more flexibility in the transfer market.

However, a deal for the Argentine still appears complicated as Deportivo are amongst a number of teams also chasing the South American and Kezman could well be deemed a more viable solution.

Either way, it will not be long before Atletico reveal their intentions with Kezman's agent Vlado Lemeic insisting the matter will be resolved one way or another inside a week.

CITY SCOTCH SWP SALE TALK

Manchester City have rubbished reports linking winger Shaun Wright-Phillips with a summer switch to Chelsea.

Various reports in the Saturday tabloids claimed City had agreed the £18 million sale of the England international to Chelsea.

Chelsea have money to burn and Wright-Phillips is one of the most promising players in The Premiership, while City's financial troubles are well documented.

However, the Eastlands outfit have repeatedly stated their intention to keep hold of the winger and have now scotched the talk of a deal being struck.

"Shaun has not been sold, we have received no bids for him nor will we encourage any," City's head of communications, Paul Tyrrell told the club's website.

"It is unusual for the club to comment on totally speculative stories such as these; however we want to set the record straight on this important matter.

"It is sadly predictable that tabloid newspapers publish stories during the transfer window which sometimes play fast and loose with the facts."

BASINAS AGREES BLUES DEAL

Greece international Angelos Basinas has accepted an offer from Birmingham City.

The Panathinaikos midfielder is keen to move to St Andrews and is now waiting for the two clubs to agree a transfer fee.

Birmingham had an offer of €400,000 (£265,000) rejected by the Greek giants earlier in the week, with Pana seemingly valuing Basinas nearer the £2 million mark.

Basinas is tipped to leave Pana over the summer, with Manchester City and Marseille also having been linked with the anchor man.

But Basinas appears anxious to secure a switch to Birmingham after his agent confirmed talks have taken place.

The 29-year-old's Greek representative told skysports.com that Basinas has reached an accord regarding personal terms with Steve Bruce's side.

The agent added that the ball is now in Panathinaikos' court with regard to thrashing out a deal with Birmingham.

"Panathinaikos gave a negative response to Birmingham in the week because their offer wasn't what they expected," the representative revealed to skysports.com.

"Angelos considers Birmingham to be able to satisfy his ambitions. His enthusiasm is big in these past few days because of the possibility to play for them.

"He has totally agreed with the English club regarding the economic part. Their offer to him is fantastic and he really wants to play for them.

"They have showed how much they want him and be sure that Angelos will be very happy if he finally goes to Birmingham.

"From now on, it all depends on Panathinaikos. If Panathinaikos are going to have a deal with Birmingham then the player will play in England for Birmingham."

All from Planet Football.

I must say, I'm surprised on the Kezman deal.

Knowing Jose's ego, I'm surprised that he would allow the player to leave given the money and confidence he poured into him with so little pay-off. Kezman would probably be better off somewhere else though, if his performances in the Eredivisie prove anything, its that he has talent even if it wasen't altogether visable at Chelsea.

With a striker gone and only two first-team candidates remaining, Chelsea must be pretty close to agreeing a deal with a replacement. I think the questions of everybody's lips however is just who and how much?

Guest The Real Deal

Stuart Taylor has opted to sever his ties with Arsenal in order to sign for Aston Villa.

Taylor climbed through the ranks at Highbury and took the first team jersey for a time in the 2002/2003 season, but was forced down the pecking order by Jens Lehmann and Manuel Almunia.

He was farmed out on loan to Leicester last term and with little prospect of regular football at Highbury in the future, the 24-year-old has opted to head for pastures new.

Villa chief David O'Leary wasted little time in pushing through a deal for a keeper he hopes will provide competition for Thomas Sorensen and Stefan Postma.

Taylor has agreed terms and will ink his four-year contract on Monday afternoon, subject to the completion of a medical.

Everton have completed the signing of Danish star Per Kroldrup.

The Toffees have paid Udinese £5 million for the services of the central defender.

The 25-year-old has penned a four-year contract at Goodison Park after passing a medical.

"David identified the player at the end of the season as a defensive addition he would like to add to the squad," said Everton chairman Bill Kenwright.

"Negotiations have progressed steadily over the last three to four weeks and we are delighted to have made a major signing in Per and we welcome him to Goodison Park."

Kroldrup is Everton's second signing of the summer following the addition of Simon Davies.

Stuttgart star Alexander Hleb has agreed to move to Arsenal in a deal that could net the Bundesliga side up to €15 million.

The Belarus international must yet complete a medical and obtain a work permit but is set to become Arsene Wenger's first signing of the summer as he looks to prise the Premiership trophy back from London rivals Chelsea.

After a disappointing league and European campaign Wenger had been keen to add more experience to a midfield that relied heavily on inexperienced talent Francesc Fabregas last year.

The versatile Hleb has made over 130 appearances with Stuttgart in a career spanning five years in Germany, and has emerged as one of Die Bundesliga's most promising talents.

After having an initial offer turned down Wenger has now captured his man and beaten the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Chelsea in concluding his lengthy pursuit of the player.

Wenger voiced his delight at the signing of the 24-year-old, who could rival Freddie Ljungberg for the right-hand side of midfield, and expressed a hope that he could prove a valuable player for The Gunners.

"We are delighted that Alexander Hleb has agreed to join us," Wenger told the club's official website.

"He is a player I have admired for some time now and I know he will provide our squad with great quality.

"Hleb has proved his ability with his performances in the Bundesliga in recent seasons and he definitely has the potential to do very well with Arsenal."

Hleb himself was excited at the prospect of joining the likes of Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp at the FA Cup winners.

"I am very happy to have this fantastic opportunity to join Arsenal. They are a club with a great history and many world class players," said Hleb

Guest ZizouFWF

Just said over here now that West Ham, Newcastle, and Stuttgart are after Luis Figo, Stuttgart want him to replace Hleb which is strange. I like Luis, Il be gutted when I go to Bernabeu next year and hes not here :(

Edited by ZizouFWF

Guest ZizouFWF

I really dont understand why we are getting rid of him for nothing now, hes got a season left and he does an ok job when he plays. Like Owen as well, Ive watched him for Liverpool and Real, and im along with other real fans are so happy to have him yet we sound like we dnt want him.

The point is Raul is such a leyenda, we cant sell him.

I really dont understand why we are getting rid of him for nothing now, hes got a season left and he does an ok job when he plays. Like Owen as well, Ive watched him for Liverpool and Real, and im along with other real fans are so happy to have him yet we sound like we dnt want him.

The point is Raul is such a leyenda, we cant sell him.

Guest ZizouFWF

Hola, yes i no figo and luxey had problems last season but from watching them mostly on tv but also at a few of there games, figo still does a job, Owen also does so, when we had him Ronaldo and Raul up front together at the end of year, we looked very good, we played better, we like Owen, and we know hes better the Raul but we love Raul, he been here forever.