Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Connery lands Rangers star

Rangers have enlisted the help of James Bond to complete the signing of their latest big-name star.

The Scottish champions recruited Bond actor Sean Connery to persuade Marseille captain Brahim Hemdani Scotland was the place to further his career.

The man with the golden tongue met the French defender at Cannes Airport and smooth-talked him into signing a £4m four-year deal at Ibrox.

Rangers chairman David Murray, a close friend of Connery's, admitted that was what swung it.

He told the Daily Record: "It's true I enlisted Sean's help to sell Scotland to Brahim.

"The German side, Bayer Leverkusen, were chasing him as well and I arranged for Sean to meet the player at Cannes Airport to help sell Scotland to him.

"Brahim then flew over and had a good look around. I am delighted to say that, after returning home to France, he then agreed to sign for the club."

It's not clear what Connery said to the Algerian-born player, who can't wait to get his hands on the 007 shirt. Perhaps he scared the living daylights out of him.

The Club is delighted to announce that we have agreed a fee with Crystal Palace for Wayne Routledge to join us at the start of July.

Aged 20, the winger was ever-present for Palace in the Premier League last season.

A product of Palace’s Academy system, Wayne made his debut aged just 16 as a substitute against West Brom in the League Cup in October 2001 and scored within a minute of his full league debut against Wolves aged just 17 in September 2002.

He has made over 100 appearances in all competitions for Palace including 83 league starts as well as representing England at Under-17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 levels. Indeed, he has just returned from the prestigious Toulon Tournament, where he helped England to third place.

Edited by The Slickman

Owen has been linked with a move back to England via Manchester United according to Skysports.

I think Owen will leave, since Luxemburgo is determined to bring in Robinho. But I don't think he will move to Utd. Liverpool or Newcastle seem more possible to me.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

The whole of Spain is lightweight.

PSV Eindhoven midfielder Park Ji-sung has reportedly agreed a four-year deal with Manchester United.

The South Korean international has been expected to move to Old Trafford for some time, but the deal had stalled over a fee.

PSV are determined to get as much as possible for Park, especially as they believe United will profit from his high profile in the Asian market.

Despite the failure to agree on a fee, United have still been allowed to talk with the player, and reports in Holland say that he has now agreed on a four-year deal with The Red Devils.

The 24-year-old has a year left on his current PSV contract and a fee of around €7 million is expected to be agreed upon soon in order to allow him to join Sir Alex Ferguson's men.

PSV have already warned United that they will not get Park on the cheap and his apparent agreement on a contract suggests that a deal is close between the two clubs.

"If United think they can have Park cheaply, they are wrong," warned PSV president Rob Westerhof.

"We demand the highest price and we've every reason to demand a mega figure."

Park can play anywhere across midfield.

Left - Giggs, occasionaly Forture - He won't get on the left.

Right - Ronaldo - He won't get on the right.

Center - Mmmmh... Keane is aging. So is Scholes. A position in the center, maybe? Wait there a minute - Fletcher plays there.

Hows about a nice cold glass of Shut the Fuck up, public enermy.

Fletcher’s actually more of an inner-right midfielder if you want to get technical.

He’s not quite a winger or a central player and is best suited in a 4-5-1 environment as he can help alongside Ronaldo on the right and help defend when its clear Ronaldo can’t.

Park is an attacking player. Fletcher’s goals or lack of (It took him half way through the season before he netted his first for the club) prove that he is not. When Park comes to the club, assuming that he will, he will most likely be used in rotation covering for those who are injured or in need of a rest.

He can play in the same position as Fletcher but that’s not the argument I was making. My point is, he is a versatile midfielder but a completely different type than Fletcher. Whereas Fletcher’s strong point is defensively, his is in attack thus they are different in the same sense as Keane and Scholes, Lampard and Makelele and so many other midfield partnerships in the premiership.

Oh and 'a nice cold glass of shut the fuck up'...Good one, you moron.