Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raul quit hint alerts Liverpool

Liverpool have been linked with a move for Raul after the Spain striker hinted he may be ready to leave Real Madrid after a glittering 11-year career.

The 27-year-old may favour joining Liverpool's Spanish contingent under Rafael Benitez, which includes former Real team-mate Fernando Morientes.

He said: "If I listen to polls in papers it looks as though I should leave. I want what is best for Real.

"If at some time I have to sacrifice myself for Real to progress I will."

Liverpool boss Benitez is determined to rebuild his squad, despite their dramatic Champions League final win against AC Milan in Istanbul.

Raul believes he has yet to peak, but has called on the Bernabeu club to tell him if he still has a future there.

He said: "If the club calls you up and says you have to go, then as a player you have to be prepared to look for a way out that benefits everyone.

"I still feel useful to the club and believe I have not reached my peak, but I don't want to be in the way. All I want is for the club to be clear with me."

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...ope/4609389.stm

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

If he truly believes the club would ever seek to get rid of him he's on drugs, he could score 47 own goals per game and they'd still stick beside him.

Not a player transfer, but potentially the biggest transfer.

Frank Arnesen leaving Spurs to go to Chelsea. I am absolutely stunned personally. Chelsea have made an illegal approach which could mean they will be in more trouble. He has said that he wants to leave and thats all we know at the moment.

Absolute disaster for us.

Edited by lazy_arse

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Its getting fucking stupid now, once - forgiveable, but with the amount of shit they're causing they need more than a poncy fine.

Chelsea seem to think they can do whatever they want due to the amount of money they have. What difference is fining them 100k going to do? Fucksake, thats pocket money to them. If the FA is really going to hurt them, they need to deduct points from them or ban them from any transfer activity for a season. That will fucking hurt them.

Raul quit hint alerts Liverpool

Liverpool have been linked with a move for Raul after the Spain striker hinted he may be ready to leave Real Madrid after a glittering 11-year career.

The 27-year-old may favour joining Liverpool's Spanish contingent under Rafael Benitez, which includes former Real team-mate Fernando Morientes.

He said: "If I listen to polls in papers it looks as though I should leave. I want what is best for Real.

"If at some time I have to sacrifice myself for Real to progress I will."

Liverpool boss Benitez is determined to rebuild his squad, despite their dramatic Champions League final win against AC Milan in Istanbul.

Raul believes he has yet to peak, but has called on the Bernabeu club to tell him if he still has a future there.

He said: "If the club calls you up and says you have to go, then as a player you have to be prepared to look for a way out that benefits everyone.

"I still feel useful to the club and believe I have not reached my peak, but I don't want to be in the way. All I want is for the club to be clear with me."

Story from BBC SPORT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi...ope/4609389.stm

Highly doubtful, mind you.

Regarding the rumours floating around that Figo would join Tottenham, Florentino Perez has said that the only three English Teams that have contacted him to discuss terms (nothing certain, just first approaches) were Liverpool, Manchester United and Middlesbrough. Middlesbrough contacted them after not being able to renew Zenden's contract who'll be out of contract in the end of the season and may go to Liverpool.

Ah the dutch, just checked with my Dutch friend, it can be spelt either way. Thing is, I used to always signed him from Utretch on Champ Manager 3, and it was 'Kuijt' on there and on CM4, never checked him on FM2005.

In the same way that Nistelrooy is sometimes spelt Nistelrooij.

I can't wait for Skysports News to start putting up the confirmed transfers on their show (in the little info box on the right) ...it was dead easy to check up on last summer that way.

Even though I'm a Chelsea fan, I do not support the act of tapping up other players or staff. Because I would not like it if someone came and 'tapped up' Frank Lampard or John Terry.

And I blame Peter Kenyon for all this 'tapping up' nonsense.

We do need someone, as I think we lost Crossley as well, or he retired, or something....I can't remember.

I was wondering where our next goalie would come from, and picking up Green would be an excellent move. £3m is the amount being bandied about in the rumours.