Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tottenham are interested in Routledge and Johnson from Palace with them already supposedly having a £7.5/8m bid turned down for the pair.

I still don't rate Johnson, but I can see him going somewhere like Birmingham. I think Ashton is the better player to go for.

What do you mean you don't rate Johnson? He scored 21 goals in the Premiership in the Palace team (so he's definitely not getting good service from the midfield), which is second only to Thierry Henry. How is it possible to claim Dean Ashton is a better player?

I love how people forget the fact that the reason AJ scored so many penalties is because most defences couldn't handle him, and therefore took him down. It's not like he just scored the penalties, he also usually earned them, and surely to have someone that hard to play against would be a great asset? And he hasn't had one season, as he also played excellently in the Championship to get Crystal Palace up.

And AJ is miles better than Ashton. I like Ashton as well, but AJ is better, easily.

Wow, lanky trying to take away from someone's achievment? Who'da thunk it?

Anyway, apparantly Anelka has said he wants to come back to Liverpool. If/when Baros leaves then he could be an OK signing (providing we don't have to break the bank for him). I don't see why we didn't sign him after his loan spell to be honest, I thought he was a good player for us and now, especially with Benitez I think we could get the best out of him.

I'm deeply disturbed that Rangers are apparently spending 4.5 million on someone I've never heard of, who plays for a crappier team. If they want a new goalscorer Riordan's right there at Hibs for probably much less.

But that's beside the point, as we're talking about AJ and Ashton. Both of whom can cut it in the Premiership.

Yeah, fair enough, they both held their own in the Premiership and were both unfortunate to be in relegated sides.

I just feel that Ashton is more of an all round striker and going back to my original point, would be better suited at Spurs because the last thing we need is another midget to partner Defoe.

Who do Rangers have as a keeper?

The fact that I marginally follow Scottish Football and don't know shows that I think Niemi probably is better.

And Keane won't be as dangerous overall, but he'd score for fun in Scotland, more than Bellamy would.