Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macken seals Eagles switch

Jonathan Macken has completed his move from Manchester City to Crystal Palace.

The striker has put pen to paper on a four-year deal at Selhurst Park after being informed he was surplus to requirements by City boss Stuart Pearce.

He revealed he had offers beyond that of Palace, but had been swayed to join The Eagles by manager Iain Dowie.

"I need to be playing regularly and having spoken to a few clubs, I was most impressed by Crystal Palace and in particular the manager (Iain Dowie) and chairman (Simon Jordan)," he stated.

"They both have a reputation for being ambitious men and I was left in no doubt by either of them that a return to the Premiership was the only aim they had for this season.

"Palace were unlucky to be relegated last year and I am now really looking forward to next season and the chance to take them back up again."

Macken - who joined City for £5 million from Preston in 2002 - admitted he was left disenchanted to be told he was not needed by Pearce, and felt he still had a future at the City of Manchester Stadium.

"I was very disappointed to be told by Stuart Pearce that I would not figure highly in his plans for next season," he continued.

"The team were playing well and there was a real buzz about the place.

"I felt as though things were just starting to come together for me at City."

Macken becomes Palace's third signing of the close season following Jobi McAnuff and Darren Ward into Selhurst Park.

Meh, I think that sums him up. Not exactly prolific by any means. I don't think he's the sort of player who's going to help Palace get back up. That said, if anyone can get him firing it's someone like Iain Dowie.

Adriano rules out move to Chelsea

Inter Milan striker Adriano has insisted he has no interest in signing for Chelsea despite being linked with a move to the Premiership champions.

The Brazil international, who scored 16 goals in Serie A last season, had been tipped for a £60m move to England.

"Throughout the season Chelsea have been there with a multi-million pound offer but appear to have become more determined," he told Jornal do Brazil.

"I'm happy to know that but am happy in Milan where I'm treated like a king."

Edited by botchedpiledriver

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

According to FM2005 and his official website, its Kuyt, I've never heard it any different. It seems like anyone can be the top scorer in the dutch leagues, its a tough one, alot of players can't adapt.

Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt has also attracted the Liverpool boss, but he's equally interested in the new England cap who he believes could be a solution to the European Champions' away day woes.

liverpoolfc.tv needs to get its research right, his name is Dirk Kuijt :P

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I'd get rid of Kirkland, I've heard of West Brom making an offer of a loan, it'd be worth doing, then maybe the FM researchers can give him proper stats.

Well Park’s gone ahead and cast doubt on his PSV future, claiming a move to Manchester United would be too good to turn down. That, alongside his agent claiming there’s definite interest from the club makes the rumour more and more likely.

To me, it seems like a great deal. United are already showing more commitment in an attempt to ‘tap into’ the Asian market now that Glazer’s in control and Park’s a pretty solid player. For £3 Million, it’s also a real steal considering he can play in the middle or on either flanks, a kind of talented utility player we could really do with.

I'd sell Dudek before Kirkland, any day. I know he did great in the CL Final but he's never consistant, which is probably why Liverpool were nudged out of next year's by Everton. And he's getting on a bit, it's always best to sell your old players in their prime, and the CL Final would have got lots of attention, and he'll be valued much higher than he's worth. It'd be smart to sell him.

Also, Adriano could easily move to Chelsea still, despite what he says. Footballers and managers have atendency of saying one thing this month and the entire opposite the next. £60mil is a LOT to turn down. Isn't that a new record?

Celtic still want Niemi, and Southampton want £2mil at least. And I can see it happen. The fact discussions are still going on suggests Niemi is interested, which is going to be quite...controversial.

Apparently Sunderland are going for Wolves' Kenny Miller for the Premiership next season. You have to know Miller will want to move back up into the Premiership again, so the Wolves boss (no idea who he is) is a bit screwed.

Leicester want Celtic's Ulrik Laursen (who by my memory has done almost fuck all at Parkhead). Koln and Norwich are apparently interesting in Joos Valgaeren too.

Chelsea want Lyon's Mahamadou Diarra. I can't see that being a very popular shirt name.

Barcelona want Shay Given (what the fuck?).

West Ham want Roy Carroll. Wow.

Lyon want Milan Baros from Liverpool. I can't see that happening.

Celtic also want Claus Lundekvam from Southampton. Looks like Strachan wants some reliable faces.

There's a bunch of rumours on this page about (what would be) massive transfers: http://footballrumours.info/toprumours/.

Haven't heard anything much about Rangers signing new players, which is worrying.

Guest The Real Deal

Skysports.com is insisting that Man City are willing to allow Distin to go for round £6.5m.

Villa are expected to make another bid from their previous failed attempt at £5.5m.

There are going to be some unhappy center halves at Aston Villa next season. There was no need to buy Aaron Hughes, Gary Cahill is going to be an amazing player, we should throw him into the first team. If we get Distin aswell that means we have Mellberg, Laursen, Distin, Hughes, Ridgewell and possibly Cahill, we can only play two of them, Mellberg is captain and Laursen was showing signs of becoming a quality player towards the end of the season. I can't see us buying Distin and sticking him on the bench, so where is he going to figure.

Hughes wants to be our right back. He said it's his best position.

Distin would be good as a left back, but I agree he's better in the middle. Although, Distin as left back would be better than Samuel.

And yeah, Ridgewell's shocking at times. I'd loan him out, and put Cahill into the first team.