Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

I'm not sure to be honest. If he goes Charlton he may well find himself on the bench again with them now having Bent, Euell, Johansson and Jeffers. At least if he goes Sunderland and gets a few imprtant goals to help them stay up he might find himself more appreciated.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackburn are reported to be on the trail of Stuttgart striker Imre Szabics.

Reports emanating from Hungary claim that Blackburn are keen on bringing Szabics to Ewood Park.

Szabics struggled to hold down a place in Stuttgart's side last season and was fourth-choice striker under Matthias Sammer.

Hannover and Cologne are both believed to be interested in offering Szabics a route out of Stuttgart.

Szabics has become disillusioned with life at the Gottlieb-Daimler and is thought to be considering a move away.

Blackburn are in the market for a new striker with Mark Hughes admitting a new forward was his top priority this summer.

With Jon Stead seemingly on his way out of Ewood Park it would free up a space for a new striker and Szabics could be seen as his replacement.

Credit - Planetfootball

He seems really great. :/ Anyone know about German football or about Mr Szabics that can provide me with more info?

Leicester City have signed Celtic midfielder Momo Sylla on a three-year deal after the international passed medical checks.

The 28-year-old was at City towards the end of last season and, with options to wait for Premiership interests or a return to France, he is delighted to have joined Craig Levein's new-look squad.

He is seen as a replacement wide on the right for Keith Gillespie.

Levein is impressed by his pace and skill, which is why he invited him down to look over the set-up.

That has obviously worked and Sylla said: "It wasn't a trial, it was to come down and get to know the staff and the players. I saw a lot that I liked. I had decided to leave Celtic and I was looking more to a Premiership club or go back to France.

Sounds good to me!

Guest The Real Deal

Aston Villa have had a cut price £5.5m big for Sylvain Distin rejected.

Aston Villa have offered Fulham £4m for Steed Malbranque.

Both taken from The Mirror.

The BBC Site reports that Chelsea are on the verge of signing Kaladze from AC Milan

United are being linked with Sung-Ji Park from PSV in this mornings papers. There could well be some truth to it, as he's approaching the end of his contract with no intention of signing a new one from what I hear. Apparently the deal would only cost as alittle as £3Million because of the contract debate, pretty much a bargain buy from what I've seen of the player.

Rafa eyes big man Jun 2 2005

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL target Peter Crouch's future will be resolved after crunch talks with Southampton as Rafa Benitez edges closer to a shock swoop for the target man.

Crouch has emerged as the surprising name near the top of Benitez's summer shopping list, with a £5m bid likely if the striker decides to leave relegated Saints.

Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt has also attracted the Liverpool boss, but he's equally interested in the new England cap who he believes could be a solution to the European Champions' away day woes.

Benitez believes the lack of height and strength in attack was a key reason behind his side's poor away record last season.

He wants a target man who'll relieve the pressure in Premiership away games, having reached the conclusion Fernando Morientes needs more assistance leading the line.

While Crouch's public image may not make him an instantly attractive option for Liverpool fans seeking star names, Benitez's scouting reports on the striker have been exemplary.

The 24-year-old made his England debut in America, linking with exstriker Michael Owen to create one of the goals and Benitez believes there is more to 6ft 7 inch player than heading skills.

Crouch's salary was halved to just over £4,000 a week due to Southampton's relegation. His wages could be quadrupled if he moved to Anfield.

Southampton manager Harry Redknapp is making a last minute effort to keep Crouch this week, holding talks which will make the striker's future clearer.

"It's not going to be easy for Crouchy, but I just hope he will be patient and stay with us until at least January," said Redknapp today.

Liverpool will be monitoring those development closely over the next few days.

If you did get Crouch, it would be interesting to see how well he does. He's a good player, just don't know how well he'd fit in at a club like Liverpool.