Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bent set for Ipswich exit

Ipswich Town's England Under-21 international striker Darren Bent is set to leave Portman Road this summer.

The Cambridge-born youngster has spent his entire career at Ipswich and feels the time is right to depart for pastures new.

The East Anglian side finished third in The Championship, but fell to West Ham in the play-offs at the first hurdle.

Bent, who has 47 league goals for Town in just over 100 starts, has been linked with a move to newly-promoted Sunderland.

Ipswich boss Joe Royle has admitted the side will listen to offers for the £3 million-rated ace although they do not want to lose his services.

"Darren has informed us he feels the time is right to move on," said Royle. "We don't want to lose him.

"We will listen to offers. However, it is still early days."

Credit: Sky Sports

That counts as being official news doesn't it? :D

He'll definetly head to the Premiership, he's to good for the Championship, though I am curious as to where he'll end up.

Newcastle? Darren Ambrose is there so i'm sure he'd big it up to Bent plus they need a new striker after shipping out Kluivert and the inevitable sale of Bellamy.

Bent set for Ipswich exit

Ipswich Town's England Under-21 international striker Darren Bent is set to leave Portman Road this summer.

The Cambridge-born youngster has spent his entire career at Ipswich and feels the time is right to depart for pastures new.

The East Anglian side finished third in The Championship, but fell to West Ham in the play-offs at the first hurdle.

Bent, who has 47 league goals for Town in just over 100 starts, has been linked with a move to newly-promoted Sunderland.

Ipswich boss Joe Royle has admitted the side will listen to offers for the £3 million-rated ace although they do not want to lose his services.

"Darren has informed us he feels the time is right to move on," said Royle. "We don't want to lose him.

"We will listen to offers. However, it is still early days."

Credit: Sky Sports

That counts as being official news doesn't it? :D

He'll definetly head to the Premiership, he's to good for the Championship, though I am curious as to where he'll end up.

Edited by lanky316

Just a few rumours milling around.

Apparently, David O'Leary is looking at buying Roy Carroll as a replacement for Thomas Sorensen. The word is O'Leary has been less than please with Sorensen's performances over the last season.

Norwich have apparently been offered four and a half million for Dean Ashton by Rangers.

Birmingham, as well as wanting Parker and Andy Johnson, have made an offer for Kleberson.

Guest The Real Deal

Carroll and Ricardo have been released from their contracts at Man Utd as well as 6 others.

I hope Villa sign Carroll he's a decent player.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Antti Niemi is apparantly interested in a move to Celtic, rumours are based on Strachan taking over.

If he did move it's death threat central or worse for Niemi being an ex Rangers player, you'd have to be off your head.

Tottenham are interested in Routledge and Johnson from Palace with them already supposedly having a £7.5/8m bid turned down for the pair.

I still don't rate Johnson, but I can see him going somewhere like Birmingham. I think Ashton is the better player to go for.