Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a sweeping statement. I apologise I can't name every error I've seen him make, but he isn't that good, as he makes errors more regularly it seems than most.

It's like goalies such as Lehmann and Dudek...they may be good, but they are both error prone, and so is Klos.

And pigeon, whichever team Niemi has been at (Southampton.....my brains gone a bit blank cos its late), he has been the best at by a long way (which is why there was big team interest in him as close as last season). He got injured if I remember this year, so he hasn't been anywhere near as prominent.

And pigeon, whichever team Niemi has been at (Southampton.....my brains gone a bit blank cos its late), he has been the best at by a long way (which is why there was big team interest in him as close as last season). He got injured if I remember this year, so he hasn't been anywhere near as prominent.

To be honest, this is one occasion where you should probably just stfu, wannabe :P

Klos? Error prone?

Niemi? Better than Klos?

Riiight. The fact that you were only "guessing" which club he played for takes away rather a lot of crediblity from your "He was their best player by a long way" arguement. Peter Crouch says hi.

Every 'keeper is "error prone". Unless they started making mechanical ones while I wasn't looking.

To be honest, this is one occasion where you should probably just stfu, wannabe :P

Klos? Error prone?

Niemi? Better than Klos?

Riiight. The fact that you were only "guessing" which club he played for takes away rather a lot of crediblity from your "He was their best player by a long way" arguement. Peter Crouch says hi.

Every 'keeper is "error prone". Unless they started making mechanical ones while I wasn't looking.

Actually, I said I was guessing at the time more because I forgot whether I hadn't seen him for Southampton due to injury, or him being transferred, which I remembered after I posted.

Also, Summers agreed with me, and I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that.

And no, not every keeper is error prone. There is a difference between making the very rare error (someone like Given nowadays, Schemiechel back in the day, etc etc) and being error prone (Lehmann, Sorensen)

EDIT: And Crouch has been at Southampton one season, a season where Niemi has been injured for a lot of it.

Edited by kevinnashwannabe

Klos has been linked with moves away several times (Arsenal being one club to show interest). But he decided he wanted to stay at the club he loves where his family is settled, showing that all footballers aren't just money grabbers and some do infact have loyalty. He is also the Club Captain.

Thinking more on the original point, I don't know if Niemi would go to Celtic. His life would be made hell by some Rangers fans.

Stefan Klos is one of the best goalkeepers in Europe. In my entire life I've never seen him make a mistake, such as fumble the ball to cost a goal (see Roy Carroll, Jerzy Dudek, anyone nearly), or kick the ball out right to the opposing team's forwards (ala that American keeper who played in the Premiership, forget his name, not Freidel) or just basically fuck up like Shay Given (putting the ball down while attacker right behind him).

And on top of that's he's consistant. The fact he kept Niemi on the bench (albeit Niemi wasn't the player he is now) should prove that.

I have no doubt that if Oliver Kahn never existed, it would be Stefan Klos in the German goals, with Lehmann on the bench.

Robbie Keane worries me. He's a world-class footballer, and I'd reckon he'd make a good, belated replacement for Larsson. Plus I like the guy, it'd be crap if I had to dislike him because he made a bad decision. (¬_¬) Hint hint Gordon.

or kick the ball out right to the opposing team's forwards (ala that American keeper who played in the Premiership, forget his name, not Freidel)

Tim Howard.

But yeah, if Klos played anywhere but Scotland, people might realise he's actually insanely good.

Edited by The Kraig