Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why Chelsea are so keen to sign Wright-Phillips. He's a great player but there's no room for him at a club like Chelsea. They've already got world class players that are better than him to fill the position for now. He's better off staying with City until a club that can really make use of him makes a realistic offer.

High ranking Juventus officials are understood to have arrived in England to negotiate the transfer of Patrick Vieira.

Reports of Juve's liking of Vieira and team-mate Robert Pires have been widespread in recent weeks and it seems the Old Lady are now pushing ahead with a bid for the Arsenal captain.

And, to the shock of many Arsenal fans, the North London giants appear willing to let Vieira leave.

Juve transfer supremo Luciano Moggi and vice-president Roberto Bettega have now travelled to London to open talks with counterpart David Dein.

The Italian champions are looking to pay no more than £12 million and could be willing to offer players in exchange to smooth over Vieira's passage to Turin.

Stephen Appiah is one name being mentioned, although that is unlikely to have stirred Arsene Wenger into allowing Vieira to leave - although the mention of David Trezeguet could have the opposite effect.

Juve have insisted that Trezeguet is not for sale, but the French star is anything but settled at the Stadio Delle Alpi and the Italians could very well include him - although that is likely to be a last resort.

Sources in Italy also claim that should Trezeguet not be on offer, than Wenger would gladly take French defender Jonathan Zebina - but Juve are not understood to be keen on letting the former Roma man leave.

With Appiah unlikely to arrive, it is claimed that Wenger has already highlighted one of Lyon's much coveted midfielders to replace Vieira.

Mahamadou Diarra - already linked strongly with Real Madrid and Chelsea this summer - is the man Wenger is said to want and the prospect of walking straight into the starting XI could very appeal to the Malian ace.

However, Lyon, as they already have done on numerous occasions and will continue to do so, are likely to resist any new moves for one of their midfield trinity, which also includes Michael Essien and Juninho Pernambucano.

It remains to be seen whether Wenger will allow Vieira to leave without having a ready-made replacement signed or at the very least lined up.

Despite the fact that Juve officials have arrived in England, Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood insists that he knows nothing of the impending talks on Vieira.

"I've heard nothing about this at all," he said.

"As far as I am aware it is just a rumour and we're talking to Patrick about signing a new contract and he seems very happy to stay."

Credit: Skysports

Guest The Real Deal

Blackburn have completed the signing of Craig Bellamy from Newcastle.

The Welshman has penned a four-year deal at Ewood Park after agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.

Bellamy's future at Newcastle was thrown in doubt after he fell out manager Graeme Souness last year.

The speedy striker was sent out on loan at Celtic where he helped them win the Scottish Cup.

Celtic, Everton, Aston Villa and Birmingham were all hoping to sign him, but Blackburn have moved to bring him to Lancashire.

"Rovers have today completed the signing of Craig Bellamy. The Wales international has signed a four-year deal," read a statement by Blackburn.

Bellamy will link up again with former Wales boss Mark Hughes at Ewood Park and Hughes will be hoping Bellamy can help them enjoy a better season than last term when they battled to avoid relegation.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Luis Figo's agent has indicated that his client has agreed a deal to move to Liverpool next term.

The Portuguese winger has attracted widespread interest ever since it emerged that Real Madrid may be prepared to move him out of the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.

Newcastle tried and failed with a move for the winger, while Valencia and Galatasaray were also said to be in the frame.

Liverpool emerged as likely bidders recently and the 32-year-old indicated to his agent that he would be prepared to join the UEFA Champions League winners.

An accord is believed to have been struck between player and club, but it has emerged that Real are digging their heels in and may demand a fee for his sale.

Liverpool are not prepared to pay a transfer fee on top of the player's wages and Figo is set to meet Real president Florentino Perez in a bid to smooth his passage to Anfield.

"An accord exists between Liverpool and Luis over the financing of the move," said Figo's agent Luis Douens. "Luis wants to play in England and Liverpool is a great club."

It would appear that Real will have to shift their stance if Figo is to become a Red.

"The decision rests on Real," added Douens. "If they want money for the transfer then I believe it will be hard."

Real sporting director Arrigoi Sacchi has suggested the final decision will lie with Perez.

"The subject of Figo is a question for Florentino," said Sacchi. "The final decision will be with the president."

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

I cant understand why old players never realise that once they hit 30+ and their current team don't want them anymore they've either gotta retire or take a drop in wages.

Sweden international Nils-Eric Johansson has completed his transfer to Leicester City. 

The 25-year-old signed a two-year deal after successfully completing his medical yesterday. And manager Craig Levein is delighted to have captured the former Blackburn man's signature.

"Johansson fits the profile we are looking for of young, hungry and ambitious players," said Levein. "He signed from Nuremburg to Blackburn for £2.7million and has played a lot of games, but he feels out of position at left-back.

"He wants to be a regular first-choice player and we are providing him with that opportunity.

"He is young and wants to get back in the Premiership, and that's where we are looking as well."

Levein is also pleased that his latest signing will provide added competition across the back line, particularly after the departure of Nikos Dabizas and Jordan Stewart since the end of last season.

"We have lost a few defensively," he said.

"I am glad to have him in because I think it's important that we maintain strong competition for places.

"Johansson plays that left-sided centre-back position very well, which is something we need. He is a good player who has played more than 120 games in the Premiership, he is only 25 and he is ambitious to get back there."

Levein's revelation that he sees Johansson at the left side of the central defensive duo will come as good news to the Swede who said: "I prefer to play at centre-half, but I have also played at left-back. I will play wherever the manager wants.

"Leicester made their interest in me known pretty early on in the summer. I was out of contract with Blackburn so I came to have a look around the Walkers Stadium and the training facilities. I was really impressed with what I saw."

Just like the acquisition of Paddy McCarthy, Levein got the tip from his assistant Rob Kelly who knew all about the Swedish international from his time on the staff at Blackburn.

It will smooth the way for Johansson settling in and the Swede said: "I know Rob from my time at Blackburn and he is an excellent coach. He worked a lot with the reserves when I first joined the club but was helping out with the first team in the end. He has got some good ideas.

"It always helps when you have a familiar face around."

A return to his proper position could re-ignite Johansson's international aspirations, but for the moment his target is clear. He said: "My first aim is to secure a place in the Leicester line-up - I will worry about my international career after that.

"But it would be good to be involved with the Swedish squad again - especially with the World Cup coming up."

City are also lining up another Swedish defender, this time under-21 international Patrik Gerrbrand.

The move comes after Ulrik Laursen, the Danish defender linked with a move to the Walkers Stadium, left Celtic to rejoin his former club Odense in a £50,000 deal.

It is understood that City have made an offer for Gerrbrand, who plays for Hammarby, and chief executive Tim Davies has been in Sweden looking to move the signing forward.

Gerrbrand himself would appear to be keen on a move to the Walkers Stadium.

He told Swedish newspaper Sportbladet: "I feel that I need to get more aggressive in my play and I hope to develop that in England.

"The Leicester coach wants me as soon as possible."

Levein is also concentrating on getting his current players in shape for the approaching season.

The squad yesterday completed a running programme at Bradgate Park and the City boss said he pleased with how things are progressing.

"It went very well," he said. "It was a hard session, we got through it and no-one was injured. The players are working extremely hard and I have been pleased with them and the way things are going."