Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, it'll be anything from £5-7 million methinks. Though aparently Boro and Newcastle are "interested", which could send the price up.

Why Boro need another striker I'll never know.

Man Utd have gone unusually quiet, though there is noise in the tabloids about Ballack - which would be extremely interesting, as not only is he worldclass, he would undoubtedly oust Keane from the line up.

Guest Ringmaster

Personally, I'm curious as to what Baptista's position at Tottenham (like he would ever go to Arsenal :shifty:) would be. He was made a striker at Sevilla due to a lack of attackers, so maybe he would return to his position in midfield, who knows.

As for Man Utd, I'm not sure who would be ousted for Ballack, Keane or Scholes?

Baptista would definately go up front, due to Spurs' need to have a powerful partner for Defoe. The centre of midfield is pretty much sorted, with Carrick performing brilliantly last year and either Mendes, Brown or Davis coming in with him. I think if we got Baptista, or a different powerful front man, we'd need one more winger and we'd then have a decent side.

This Baptista business is pissing me off.

But to be honest, he is not going to join Tottenham when he knows Barca and Arsenal both badly want him.

I want this summer to end, this Baptista thing has gone on far too long.

But Wenger's quotes today interested me when he said:

"At some stage you have to speak to the player because when you're close to ending negotiations with the club, you have to know if you have to put a million more in.

"You do it because you have to know if the player wants to join you.

That to me sounds as if Baptista has said he wants to join because since then Wenger has increased his offer. But ffs just offer tham £17m and that is enough.

Die summer, die.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Lets be realistic, Baptista will not pick Spurs over Arsenal or Barcelona, I don't care how dreamy it'd be, lets be serious, he'll want European football otherwise whats the point of leaving?

Its between us and Barca, we could have him if we put in a decent offer, we have the cash we just need some fucking balls.

I think Baptista would also prefer to stay at Sevilla for another year too than join Tottenham, at least he would be playing in Europe.

Wasn't he quoted as saying he wanted to stay with Sevilla for another year because it would give him Spanish citizenship?