Politically Driven Rap

A-Dub

I'm watching Hip Hop Society on IMF, and they just played Jadakiss' track "Why," and I wanted to know of other politically driven songs like it. So if you have any recommendations, here would be a perfect place for it.

EDIT- I'm looking for stuff that could be understood by everyone, so that would exclude any songs completely about some sort of "racial power."

Which is why I think "Why" is such a good song, granted it does have racial motivation, the message is overall universal.

Edited by A-Dub

Immortal Technique - Caught In A Hustle, Freedom of Speech, Bin Laden (+ the remix with KRS-One & Chuck D)

Mos Def

Talib Kweli - Broken Glass, Going Hard, The Ghetto Show etc.

Yeah I know the verse...and it's hard to believe Kweli when he says that and starts rapping about Bush a few verses later.

As someone further up had said, Sage Francis is a good start. Basically every one of his songs has some modivation in politics behind it. They are good too.