Concerts

Krazy_K

Few questions on concerts from me.

I haven't been to many, couple of local small shows and a Big Day Out but I'm going to see Mudvayne in a couple of weeks. Now I saw Slipknot at BDO and it was pretty nuts. I'm sacred to go to Mudvayne. I'm not a large boy so I hope I don't get trampled. I've heard Mudvayne are pretty mental at concertsand their fans are even worst. Any comment on this?

Second, what are the best and worst concerts you've been to? I saw SOAD at BDO and that kicked total ass. Slipknot were good also.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt worry too much.

I've been to loads of concerts, first one was stone sour and murderdolls back in 2003 teh day before my 14th birthday, and i got pretty banged up from that, just a few brusies though.

I went to the sunday at download last year, was in the pit for slipknot and machine head, and again, i got pretty beat up, but it's nothing too serious...and i think machine heads pits are meant to be the worst out of the more mainstream metal bands, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Saw fozzy and bowling for soup, but there not the sort of gigs that your going to get rough crowds at.

Going to download again this week, all weekend (well once i've done my english exam on the friday) Slipknot, Slayer, Sabbath, System, Mudvayne, Megadeth, Napalm Death etc. I'm not exactly big, 5"8 i think, and i only weigh 8 anda half stone. So i wouldnt expect anything worse than a few bruises

As far as best and worst go...drowning pool and slipknot at download last year were by far the best bands i've seen live, worst would be korn at download, they were abysmal.

Guest seattlebandfan9

Don't be lame.

If you are too worried about getting trampled maybe you shouldn't even go in the first place. I'm 5'10" and skinny as all hell and have absolutely no strength once so ever and I got rocked by Lamb of God. It was awesome.

Don't worry about getting trampled. Just go to have an awesome time. Concerts are fun as hell.

Not best concerts, but I'll list the best bands I saw live.

1) Machine Head (headlining with support from Sikth/Breed 77)

Honestly, if you want to see a band blow you away, Machine Head are the band. They've been around for ages, know what they are doing, Rob Flynn is an excellent frontman live, and they ripped it up, playing some of thier new stuff, but luckily avoiding stuff from "Supercharger". Davidian and Ten Ton Hammer are two of the sickest pits I've been in.

2)A Perfect Circle (supporting Deftones)

Awesome, pure awesome. Maynard is amazing live, playing behind the screen, so you could only see his silhouette,and with Geordie White and James Iha only just added to the line-up, the music was just so tight, and sounded excellent, and the crowd were lapping it up. Deftones afterwards,although being good as well, just seemed all over the place, unlike the precision of APC.

3)Metallica (headlining Sunday at Reading 2003)

So, I wasn't anywhere near the front...I wasn't in the mosh pits...I was actually pretty far back, just sitting and watching in awe. Now, I'm not the biggest Metallica fan, but it was just like one of those moments, were I just felt awestruck. I was watching this band that had sold millions of records, and legitimately changed music. The fact that they also sounded quality live, with a 2 hour set made up of thier greatest hits, a couple of new songs, and a few rare old songs, it was just an awesome sight to behold.

Special mention goes to - Lamb Of God, Disturbed (don't like them, but they are good live) and 3 Inches Of Blood

Edited by kevinnashwannabe

Don't worry about the pits. I went to the Norma Jean/Atreyu(man does their new shit suck) show, and it kicked ass. Pit was rough, but I had a good time.

As far as best and worst shows go. Seeing as I'm a hyooge ska fan, probably the Ska is Dead tour last April. It was General Rudie, Catch 22, Big D, Mustard Plug and The Planet Smashers. They all played massively long sets, show started round 7:30 ended round 2 or so. It was an amazing show.

Honourable mention goes to the Mad Caddies show March 03

Worst performance I've ever seen was Bad Religion at the warped tour last year. They just sucked.

Best gigs I've been too,

COHEED AND FUCKING CAMBRIA w/ Mae and Mewithoutyou

Slipknot w/ One Minute Silence, In Flames, American Head Charge

Marilyn Manson w/ Peaches (she sucked.)

Blink 182 w/ Sugarcult and some shitty band.

Didn't get banged up at any of them. Pits aren't all that bad, there's pits everyweek at clubs, and it's pretty much just the same as gigs. Just don't fall over.

Download this weekend, so, of course I'll have a new set of favourite performances, I assume.

Saw Program The Dead, World/Inferno Friendship Society and Mindless Self Indulgence last night.

Program sucked ass.

W/IFS is the fucking greatest thing on Earth, I point out to the crowd starting a waltz moshpit as an example.

Johnny from MSI is insane, and their bassist Lindsey is hotter than hell. I also got punched in the nose by this large goth dude who was leading a younger boy around by the hand. Most strange.

I've gone to one concert every since 2003, but this year I'm going to more.

2003: Disturbed with Chevelle, Taproot, and Unloco (Music As A Weapon II Tour)

2004: Godsmack with Wisconsin band, Livid (my EWB namesake)

2005: Slipknot with Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, and 80's Kiss (Joke cover band consisting of members of Slipknot and Shadows Fall)

And then later on this year I'm going to be seeing Ozzfest and possibly going to catch Staind when they come around here.

The MAAWII tour was awesome IMO. Disturbed, like wannabe said, is a pretty good band live, Chevelle and Taproot are too. Unloco, I hadn't heard much from them, but they were decent. They don't exist anymore, but if you're interested in them at all. Check out A NEW REVOLUTION, which features their vocalist. And then I believe the guitarists or something along those lines is in one of the bands that was on Battle for Ozzfest.

Godsmack was absoloutely amazing. They played an off date from the Metallica/Godsmack tour and it kicked ass. I would have loved to go see them with Metallica, but the tix were 80 bucks a pop. Pure awesomeness though.

The Subliminal Verses tour was awesome as well. Shadows Fall was truly the band that opened, as I don't really count 80's Kiss. They were awesome just as they are in-studio. Lamb of God was absoloutely amazing. If the crowd wasn't moving during the Shadows Fall set, you wouldn't be able to tell coming in late, because they tor the house down with their performance. Then came Slipknot who are pretty damn good. I had heard that they might not be that great, but they are IMO. Great stage antics and great music. "Surfacing" was by far the song that had the most people moving.

Yeah, I'll be adding a few more soon though so yeah. And I know I'm going to be seeing Disturbed yet again next spring on their MAAWIII tour.

I've been to loads of concerts, first one was stone sour and murderdolls back in 2003 teh day before my 14th birthday, and i got pretty banged up from that, just a few brusies though.

That was my second live gig, which one did you go to? I was at the Birmingham Academy one - and seeing as I wasn't a big fan of Murderdolls I missed part of their set and went outside to go to McDonalds with my mate. We were sitting down on a bench and some dude came up to us and gave us a plectrum each - it was Josh Rand (Y) awesome.

I've been to 4 concerts and I'm going to another this August.

Bowling For Soup with my girlfriend cause she was DYING to see them.

Eagles Farewell I tour in march with a couple of RICH buddies so i got 2nd row seats.

Blink 182 last year with the same guys from Eagles

All-American Rejects and Something Corporate at UNC-W.

I'm going to see Greenday in August

Some actual advice if you're worried.

It's not as scary as you think, and most everyone is there to have a good time just as you are, so don't worry about that.

As soon as you fall down, twenty arms will reach out and grab you, you're usually up before you know you've fallen down. And besides people are usually packed so tight you couldn't fall down if you tried, although expect a lot of EXTREME SWAYING.

If you're still worried, the further back you go, the less hardcore it is, so find a distance that you're comfortable in and work your way forward as you get more confident.

Besides, if you've seen System of a Down and Slipknot, you're pretty much prepared for anything.

The scariest gig I've ever been to was some small local hardcore bands performing in a small room above a pub. Fucking nuts, as the bands were so unknown, the only people were there were maniacs. One guy ran up a wall and backflipped off of it, while everyone else threw punches and kicks around, knocking out anyone that came near.

I stayed near the bar for the most part.

Oh, and as for the headbanging comment, I headbanged to the Beastie Boys and next month I'll headbang to Sum41. You can h/bang to anything.

As far as "real" concerts go, I have only been to Metallica. Twice. The first time they were supported by Godsmack, who were alright too, and the second time both Korn and Slipknot were the support acts. Slipknot was actually quite decent, but Korn fucking sucked, just as I had expected.

I am going to a big rave (from 6 PM to 6 AM) in three weeks though, which is the hardcore techno equivalent of a band's concert, I suppose. That will without a doubt be my best "concert" memory ever, and I can't wait.