Concerts

Krazy_K

Guest DownWitTheClown

I've been to a couple shows, most of them were pretty fresh.

I saw Megadeath at a local club, I got to chill backstage and meat Dave Mustane which was awesome.

On my 13th birthday I saw Pantera which was madd fresh.

Rob Zombie came the next year 2 weeks before my birthday. It was a good show but some wierd band ruined the show. They were all dressed up like pop-stars and were singing some whack music. Zombie came out after them and played a great set with a few White Zombie songs which I really liked.

STatic-X and Mudvayne came back in 02 and played a great show; Apex Theory ruined it with there crappy 'Life is breathing, Let's Keep moving' B.S.. Other than AT it was a good show.

I saw Def Leapard with my dad and my brother, it was an alright show. It was probably louder than any other show I went to from that point back.

Mudvayne came again in 2003 with In Flames and honestly, In Flames played a better set. I don't know what it was about Mudvayne but they just weren't into it. The crowd got way more riled up during the In Flames set, it was truly sad.

I saw Nickelback, Trapt, and 3 Days Grace for free as my mom worked at the venue [she was working for the catering so she got 2 free tickets]. I had a good time but Trapt and 3 Days Grace just sucked...Nickelback was way better especially with there pyro set.

Godsmack came in 2004. Adema was supposed to show up but they canceled at the last second when it began to drizzle. Godsmack played a good 3 1/2 hour set which was great since the show was supposed to start at 8:00 but they stopped until the rain died down. At about 10:30 they started playing and it was one of the best live shows I've seen. They had a badass drum set-up where it would lift up and then rotate all in mid-air.

That's all I can remember for now...but I'll probably come back and update when I find the ticket stubs.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I go to a big concert every year, and have been going since 2001 if I'm not mistaken. I didn't get the chance to go this year though, but I'll talk about my favorite expirences at the concert.

In late 2004 I saw Shinedown, Saliva, Tesla, All That Remains, Candiria, Clutch, Crossfade, Damage Plan, Diecast, Dropbox, Earshot, Josh Todd, Kittie, Monster Magnet, Nonpoint, Shadows Fall, Silvertide and Skindred. The show was pretty rocking, my third favorite show ever. Shinedown was the headliner, and put on an incredible preformance in my opinion (my view might be a big skewed though, as they are one of my favorite bands). Crossfade, Damage Plan, Dropbox, Earshot, Skindred and especially Nonpoint put on great preformances as well.

Monster Magnet was a bit of a disappointment, although it could have been because some kid fell on my head during the mosh pit during the Skindred preformance and I was seeing double. The rest of the bands ranged from average to horrible, but what took the cake was Kittie, who are pretty good normally, at least CD wise, but they made my ears bleed on stage and were booed off within twenty minutes. They have never come back.

I was excited as all hell in 2003, as my favorite band, Staind, was headlining the concert. The rest of the lineup was pretty loaded as well, with Cave In, Hed PE, Ill Nino, Lacuna Coil, Lo-Pro, Motograter, Powerman 5000, Ra, Revis, Sevendust, Shinedown and Smile Empty Soul. I went to the concert with high expectations, and this supassed them by a far margin. The atmosphere of this concert was absolutely insane, as it was outdoors and started to rain in the morning, and got harder and harder as time went on. By the time Staind came on it was a downpour, and was excellent.

Hed Pe, Ill Nino, Lacuna Coil, Motograter, PM5K, Ra, Sevendust, Shinedown and Smile Empty Soul, basically everyone, was incredible. I had never seen Motograter before, and they made my head spin, especially in the pit. Lo-Pro, Cave In and Revis weren't really that great in my opinion, not really getting the fans into it. Still was pretty decent.

Not best concerts, but I'll list the best bands I saw live.

1) Machine Head (headlining with support from Sikth/Breed 77)

Honestly, if you want to see a band blow you away, Machine Head are the band. They've been around for ages, know what they are doing, Rob Flynn is an excellent frontman live, and they ripped it up, playing some of thier new stuff, but luckily avoiding stuff from "Supercharger". Davidian and Ten Ton Hammer are two of the sickest pits I've been in.

Edited by TheReilDeal

Guest DownWitTheClown

I've been to a couple shows, most of them were pretty fresh.

I saw Megadeath at a local club, I got to chill backstage and meat Dave Mustane which was awesome.

On my 13th birthday I saw Pantera which was madd fresh.

Rob Zombie came the next year 2 weeks before my birthday. It was a good show but some wierd band ruined the show. They were all dressed up like pop-stars and were singing some whack music. Zombie came out after them and played a great set with a few White Zombie songs which I really liked.

STatic-X and Mudvayne came back in 02 and played a great show; Apex Theory ruined it with there crappy 'Life is breathing, Let's Keep moving' B.S.. Other than AT it was a good show.

I saw Def Leapard with my dad and my brother, it was an alright show. It was probably louder than any other show I went to from that point back.

Mudvayne came again in 2003 with In Flames and honestly, In Flames played a better set. I don't know what it was about Mudvayne but they just weren't into it. The crowd got way more riled up during the In Flames set, it was truly sad.

I saw Nickelback, Trapt, and 3 Days Grace for free as my mom worked at the venue [she was working for the catering so she got 2 free tickets]. I had a good time but Trapt and 3 Days Grace just sucked...Nickelback was way better especially with there pyro set.

Godsmack came in 2004. Adema was supposed to show up but they canceled at the last second when it began to drizzle. Godsmack played a good 3 1/2 hour set which was great since the show was supposed to start at 8:00 but they stopped until the rain died down. At about 10:30 they started playing and it was one of the best live shows I've seen. They had a badass drum set-up where it would lift up and then rotate all in mid-air.

That's all I can remember for now...but I'll probably come back and update when I find the ticket stubs.

I was excited as all hell in 2003, as my favorite band, Staind, was headlining the concert. The rest of the lineup was pretty loaded as well, with Cave In, Hed PE, Ill Nino, Lacuna Coil, Lo-Pro, Motograter, Powerman 5000, Ra, Revis, Sevendust, Shinedown and Smile Empty Soul. I went to the concert with high expectations, and this supassed them by a far margin. The atmosphere of this concert was absolutely insane, as it was outdoors and started to rain in the morning, and got harder and harder as time went on. By the time Staind came on it was a downpour, and was excellent.

Fuck you.

<_<

a) Ill Nino are rubbish live

b) Ra have a 2nd album out soon (in the US, not sure when the Uk date is), so they'll probably tour it as well, hopefully.

EDIT: And DownWitTheClown, people probably got more into In Flames than Mudvayne as a) they are a better band, and b) they are a very cult band, so one that is reduced to playing support for bands to try and break into other markets....I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the people went to see In Flames rather than Mudvayne

Edited by kevinnashwannabe

In Flames are a good live band, though when I saw them with Slipknot, Head Charge and One Minute Silence - In Flames got the quietest crowd reaction.

And no.. Ill Nino never suck. Not even live, you're a liar. <_< I love my Ill Nino. I know of some friends who saw them, and said they were good live.

And yeah, if RA tour, I hope they come over here, I muuuust see them. I've been waiting for that album, too. <_<

In Flames are a good live band, though when I saw them with Slipknot, Head Charge and One Minute Silence - In Flames got the quietest crowd reaction.

And no.. Ill Nino never suck. Not even live, you're a liar. <_< I love my Ill Nino. I know of some friends who saw them, and said they were good live.

And yeah, if RA tour, I hope they come over here, I muuuust see them. I've been waiting for that album, too. <_<

It is weird with In Flames, as it depends on how many of thier cult fans can generally stomach the "lesser" musicians they gig with (metal music elitism sucks)

And Ill Nino started off good, but thier gig just dragged and sounded repetitive after a while. And then they went on for about 5 minutes about some rambling bollocks (knowing what true metal is, or something) that just sapped any energy the crowd had left out of them.

EDIT: And DownWitTheClown, people probably got more into In Flames than Mudvayne as a) they are a better band, and b) they are a very cult band

Hahaha, oh fucking god. In flames, cult? They are like, the biggest sellouts in Metal history ever, and that's saying a lot. Their decline started - albet slowly - with Clayman, then came Reroute To Remain which had more in common with nu-metal than death metal, and to top it all off they buried the rest of whatever reputation they still had left by releasing the Soundtrack To Your Escape.

Really, every "metalhead" that is into "cult" music despises In Flames with a passion, and they are about as cult as, say, Mudvayne these days.

They were the better band though, I can't deny that. The Jester Race era In Flames, anyway.

Don't be an idiot, please, as I actually like you as a poster. The simple fact that a lot of mainstream rock/metal fans have barely heard an In Flames song (even after the big "sell-out" albums of "Re-Route To Remain" and "Soundtrack To Your Escape") shows me that they are what I call "cult". No, they aren't kvlt, tr00, or br00tal anymore, but the fact that they have a small underground following means to me that they are what the general, non metal elitist crowd would dub cult.

And to be honest, the only people who I hear really rip into In Flames are the narrow minded elitist metal fans. And I wouldn't say that all metalheads despise them, just the ones who can't see outside of thier own narrow field of perception, it would seem. It's like "OMG, U CAN HERE WAT HE SEZ, SELL OUTZ!!1!!1" at times, which is fucking stupid. I'd rather (as they've stated themselves) play the music they want to play...they've grown out of just releasing the same kind of music over and over again as some bands do, and want to make a change. Good on them, and if they make more money via it, then so be it.

God, people complain when a band releases the same album with the same sound over and over again, and the second they change, they are sell outs. Thats why, even though I'm a metal fan, metal elitists are generally a bunch of pricks. And frankly, the fact that the general alt/metal public may like them means a lot more to me than whether people who can't see past how tr00, kvlt, or br00tal something is.

EDIT: And one last thing....there is NO SUCH THING as nu-metal. It's a convenient marketing idea made by men in suits to help place a lot of bands together that don't sound anything like each other. In Flames might sound like nu-metal now, but thats means fuck all, as nu-metal doesn't sound like anything, really.

Edited by kevinnashwannabe

EDIT: And DownWitTheClown, people probably got more into In Flames than Mudvayne as a) they are a better band, and b) they are a very cult band

Hahaha, oh fucking god. In flames, cult? They are like, the biggest sellouts in Metal history ever, and that's saying a lot.

Anyways. :rolleyes:

My parents are going to the American Idol concert in July, a few days after my birthday. My mother is obsessed with that Constantine guy. I don't know why.

I was thinking about going, but then I decided to stay home alone and maybe hit up a local punk show. Oh, joy. <_<